PDA

View Full Version : Epcot and food - little and often

thesaurus
05-31-2009, 05:15 PM
I find Florida heat and heavy meals don't go well together, so my plan is to "sample" the many snacks and smaller meals available.

I like the look of the Japanese/Chinese pavilion restaurants and the French patisserie, but could I/should I walk along to the Boardwalk (working up an appetite along the way!) for the Boardwalk Bakery - do you have to show your ticket to leave/re-enter Epcot?

Time Traveler
05-31-2009, 05:21 PM
If you plan to do that i'd strongly suggest to try visiting during the Food and Wine festival, its exactly what you're looking for. Each country has a booth (if not several) where you can buy samples of various different foods/wines/beers as you make your way around the World Showcase.

As to the Boardwalk question: Yes, you must show your ticket to re-enter Epcot, its just like any entrance at WDW. Personally we've never gotten anything from the Boardwalk Bakery so I can't tell you if its worth the (short) walk out of the park. I can tell you one thing for sure though: the pastries in France are amazing!

oybolshoi
05-31-2009, 06:28 PM
The Boardwalk Bakery isn't bad but doesn't hold a candle to the variety and quality of the bakery in France. Personally I wouldn't leave Epcot just to visit the Boardwalk Bakery, but that's just me ... if you really want to pay them a visit then do so ... it's only about a 5-10 minute walk from Epcot's International Gateway.