PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Lunch

MinnieTink
05-31-2009, 03:49 PM
I just booked my ADRs this morning... So glad that is overwith! The pressure! I was unable to get Le Cellier for dinner on either of the two days we could be there. I was able to get an ADR for lunch. Just a couple of questions....is there pretzel bread at lunch? Can I get the filet? And if so, which do you vote for: the risotto or the mashed potatoes? I look forward to hearing your opinions! Thanks!

valeriemouse
05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
I have all of the EXACT same questions!!! :)

RivaLJ
05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
We too were only able to get a lunch reservation. You can see the menus here:

http://http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Conan the Librarian
05-31-2009, 03:57 PM
My problem with Le Cellier lunch is no Prime-Rib. It is the King of Meat! I much prefer it to steak (even the filet). The mash potoato is scrummy! :)

Yes you get bread and yes you can get the filet and yes you can get the cheese soup!

jimmiej
05-31-2009, 03:57 PM
I just booked my ADRs this morning... So glad that is overwith! The pressure! I was unable to get Le Cellier for dinner on either of the two days we could be there. I was able to get an ADR for lunch. Just a couple of questions....is there pretzel bread at lunch? Can I get the filet? And if so, which do you vote for: the risotto or the mashed potatoes? I look forward to hearing your opinions! Thanks!

We've only done lunch & have always had pretzel bread.

scottmel
05-31-2009, 03:59 PM
don't get me excited but is pretzel bread anything like a soft pretzel? Soft pretzels are my all time favorite food...We have a dinner ADR at LC and haven't heard of pretzel bread before...

MinnieTink
05-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Yes! Cool! Thanks for you replies! My oldest DD and I will be all over that filet!

Just curious to those of you who couldn't get dinner either... what days were you looking for? We were looking for 9/1 or 9/2. We have a party of 11, so I thought maybe that was why there was nothing available? Maybe not....

We tried to get into LC in 2007 (free dining) and again last November with absolutely NO luck, so I was glad to grab the lunch!

Regarding the pretzel bread...I have not had it, of course, but I have seen pictures of it on some posters restaurant reviews. It looks like something we will fight over!! ;)

relcx4
05-31-2009, 06:23 PM
Last September when we went we wanted LeCellier too and it wasn't available. I would suggest that you keep trying every few days people are always moving around their reservations. After a lot of persistance, I was finally able to get a reservation for dinner.

Also, the Pretzel bread is un-be-lieve-able! So yummy, I would be happy with just that. Have a great time.

Mila78
05-31-2009, 06:28 PM
I called this morning too at exactly 7am and couldnt get Le Cellier dinner from 8/29 to 9/4 but luckily got a lunch.

B-Ride
05-31-2009, 06:30 PM

Pressure yes, I was booking this morning as well. Managed to get Le Cellier for dinner on Sept 4th, for what I think was one of the few times available from the sound of it.

As for the decision between the risotto or mashed potatoes. That is one that I don't intend to make. Our whole family will be ordering the Filet with the risotto.... and I plan to get a side order of the mashed potatoes.:rotfl2:

chrismom3
05-31-2009, 07:44 PM
B-Ride, you must have taken my reservation on Sept. 4th!! I called exactly 7:00am also and that was the only day I wanted Le Celliar for my friend's birthday (we are a party of 7). :confused3

Oh well, we booked Coral Reef instead and got Le Celliar for lunch the next day!
:thumbsup2

SweetSerenity
05-31-2009, 11:27 PM
I've only been there for lunch and yes, pretzel bread is served. I had the filet with the risotto and though I've never had the potatoes, the risotto was absolutely delicious. This is also coming from a person that doesn't even like mushrooms :laughing:

fla4fun
06-01-2009, 03:59 AM
don't get me excited but is pretzel bread anything like a soft pretzel? Soft pretzels are my all time favorite food...We have a dinner ADR at LC and haven't heard of pretzel bread before...

Yes, they are very similar to a soft pretzel, but not exactly the same. If you love soft pretzels, you'll love the pretzel bread.

B-Ride
06-01-2009, 05:59 AM
B-Ride, you must have taken my reservation on Sept. 4th!! I called exactly 7:00am also and that was the only day I wanted Le Celliar for my friend's birthday (we are a party of 7). :confused3

Sorry you didn't get the dinner but my conscience is clear. We are a party of 4 so we weren't competing for the same table. Enjoy your lunch.

mef78
06-01-2009, 09:38 AM
I really enjoy lunch at Le Cellier. As the OPs said, yes to the pretzel bread :-) I also recommend the risotto. I'm not a mushroom girl, but I love that stuff.

White Kix
06-01-2009, 10:32 AM
I've never had the rissoto, but their mashed potatoes are amazing. And you'll ove the filet, it's small, but wonderful.

pluto's fan
06-02-2009, 07:29 PM
My problem with Le Cellier lunch is no Prime-Rib. It is the King of Meat! I much prefer it to steak (even the filet). The mash potoato is scrummy! :)

Yes you get bread and yes you can get the filet and yes you can get the cheese soup!

I totally agree!! I was looking forward to having Prime Rib but I couldn't get dinner. I'll just have to settle for the Filet.

tigger_ttfn
06-02-2009, 08:34 PM
We had lunch there for the first time in January. DH had the mushroom filet with risotto. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but it tasted good. They did not offer the other filet that I usually get at dinner. However, I had the hamburger with blue cheese and french fries. The bun was a little different but it was really good. :thumbsup2

jana616
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
We had lunch there for the first time in January. DH had the mushroom filet with risotto. I'm not a big fan of mushrooms, but it tasted good. They did not offer the other filet that I usually get at dinner. However, I had the hamburger with blue cheese and french fries. The bun was a little different but it was really good. :thumbsup2

If we go at lunch and the only filet option is the mushroom filet, can we get it without mushrooms? I hate mushrooms but really wanted filet.