PDA

View Full Version : Sharing TS plates

Bethpremier
05-31-2009, 03:23 PM
I apologize ahead of time if this question has already been asked. Can you share table service food/plates if you are NOT on the dining plan?

Connerzmom
05-31-2009, 03:34 PM
I would think you could. I wouldn't see (especially if you are paying for it) how they could stop you.

cglaura
05-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Yes, we share all the time, and never used the plan.

We always like to leave a tip % based on as if we had ordered two meals though, because the server usually does about the same amount of work.

There's no way we'd each finish a meal, and the parks don't really lend themselves to carrying around a doggie bag all day/night in the heat :scared:

We share cs meals also.

dr&momto2boys
05-31-2009, 05:03 PM
I don't know about WDW, but at DL there was a nominal split fee and they put it on two plates with extra sides at some restaurants.

Connerzmom
05-31-2009, 07:06 PM
From what I've read they don't charge a split-fee charge. In some cases, if you tell the server that you want to split a meal, they will split it beforehand and bring each portion to you on separate plates.

buzz1fan
05-31-2009, 07:55 PM
We have shared on a dining plan. They acutally brought our food out to us at Plaza on seperate plates.

wdwishes1990
05-31-2009, 09:06 PM
We do this frequently and are very accomodating. Because of this we usually tip them well.

jennipooh
05-31-2009, 10:41 PM
We have shared ts and cs on all of our visits so far and there has never been a problem or fee for splitting. DS just turned 10 and we will be on the dining plan this go around. I decided after our December trip that for the most part we would have to forget about sharing as ds is becoming a bottomless pit.

fla4fun
06-01-2009, 04:00 AM
The only place I know of that you can't share is if you're in a buffet restaurant. Other than that, we've never had a problem splitting an entree. That's about the only way I have enough room for dessert!

torsie24
06-01-2009, 05:51 AM
Thanks for asking this!

I never finish restaurant meals, so it's great to know this is an option!! :)

PatsMom
06-01-2009, 07:55 AM
DD and I often share entree's at restaurants that are not all you care to eat. I am diabetic so portion control is important to me. She just likes to make sure she has room for dessert! We each get an appetizer/soup or salad usually. Then split the entree. Then she gets dessert. DH gets his own meal because he is a bottomless pit!

We've had mixed experiences with splitting in the kitchen. Sometimes they bring out the meal already split, sometimes we just get an extra plate and split it ourselves. Either is fine with us. We've never been charged a fee to split an entree.

Bethpremier
06-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks guys! We will be down with a family of 7 or 8 adults. So sharing would be financially a relief!

jarrdisney
06-01-2009, 11:07 AM
We split entrees very often during lunch, but hardly ever for dinner. We usually end up getting an app and entree and just let them know to bring an extra plate. We tip 25% + regardless, unless the service is bad. It's not something I would make a habit of at the "signature" restaurants for dinner, unless we supplemented the meal with more appetizers, but for lunch in the parks I don't feel bad at all.

torsie24
06-01-2009, 12:00 PM
See, I was wondering about Signature restaurants!

At Jiko I am tempted to get 2 sides instead of an entree as I really want to try the flatbread and the Cucumber, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad (And definitely want dessert!!)

Anyone done this?

PatsMom
06-01-2009, 12:39 PM
See, I was wondering about Signature restaurants!

At Jiko I am tempted to get 2 sides instead of an entree as I really want to try the flatbread and the Cucumber, Tomato, and Red Onion Salad (And definitely want dessert!!)

Anyone done this?

Not at Jiko, but at other restaurants, I have ordered two sides instead of an entree. I've also ordered two appetizers, one as an app, one as an entree. I've never had a problem, even at a signature restaurant.

torsie24
06-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Thankyou! :)

My fiance will definitely have 3 proper courses, so I wouldn't feel too bad anyway. :)

Bethpremier
06-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I was thinking for places like Prime Time and Sci-Fi. Is this ok?

PatsMom
06-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I was thinking for places like Prime Time and Sci-Fi. Is this ok?

DD and I didn't share at the Sci-Fi but we split the meatloaf at the 50's Prime Time in February with no problem. This was one of the places that split the meal in the kitchen for us. Definitely worth splitting an entree to save room for dessert at that restaurant! DD loves their ice cream.