PDA

View Full Version : San Angel Inn and poor review

Get me to Disney!
05-31-2009, 11:34 AM
I thought I would pick a Mexican TS for one of my backups in case I cannot get the places I really want. I have read poor reviews on here about San Angel, are there any other Mexican TS options?

chloelovesdisney
05-31-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't think there is another Mexican TS. For what it's worth, I thought San Angel Inn was fine. Nice atmosphere, and our dinner was pretty good. Not the most super fantastic, but that goes the same for all the TS places I've been to in Disney.

harpinjean
05-31-2009, 01:12 PM
I also think San Angel is a good place to eat. Great atmosphere and the food is good.

notaclue
05-31-2009, 01:32 PM
There is the Maya Grill at the Coronado Springs resort. It's a Mexican TS restaurant.

ehaley
05-31-2009, 01:39 PM
Over the years we've tried San Angel several times. We get pulled in by the great smells, but have been disappointed EVERY time. Tables are packed so close together you can't move, staff is RUDE, and food is always mediocre at best. I know some people love it, but after having great mexican at home, it's not even close.

ilovecupcakes
05-31-2009, 01:48 PM
When I was there recently, I enjoyed it. The food was good, hot, our waitress was nice, and the atmosphere was great.

I've heard negative things, and I think the main reason we had such a nice time was because our dinner reservations were for 4:30, the very beginning of their dinner. The tables were close together, but there were only about 10 families or so dining. It was just my mom and I and we got a table for two right next to the water and the balcony. It was great, but I do believe the time you go probably has something to do with your experience. We normally eat dinner at home at that time anyway, so it was nothing new for us.