PDA

View Full Version : CBR Room Req Opinions

DramaTech
06-17-2002, 11:06 PM
Hi all,

For the first time in my family's history, we are staying onsite at WDW. We have chosen CBR and have the room booked through Dreams Unlimited. (BTW, very impressed with them so far) So, I have a two-part question for you experts.

1. What room do you suggest? I am mainly interested in good bus service...food court and main pool distance are second to timely bus service.

2. I read somewhere that if a travel agency books your room that they have to do the room request fax for you...so, anyone have any experience with room requests and Dreams?

Thanks in advance, and here's to the countdown! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

denman007
06-18-2002, 08:15 AM
I recommend in this order....

1.Mart
2.Jam
3.Aruba
4.TN

Martinique is the closest to Ole Port and its bus stop is in the middle. If you stay in Jamacia, you'll be the 1st to be picked up and the first to be dropped off. Medium walk to Ole Port. Same with Aruba, only they are the 2nd stop.

We stayed in TN and the walk to Ole Port wasn't too bad. However, sometimes(maybe 3) buses would not come to our stop because they were already full. That in it's self wouldn't have been bad had the next bus resumed at our stop first, but that was not the case.

The bus order is....

1.Jam
2.Aruba
3.Barb
4.Mart
5.Ole Port
6.TN
7.TS

HTH. Good luck.

hulabird
06-18-2002, 08:53 AM
if you'd like a more peaceful setting, jamaica 45 is good, its only a few minute walk to opr and has a nice quiet pool, we had a second floor king room, it was very nice

Kermit
06-18-2002, 09:02 AM
They actually have at least 2 bus routes they use, so it's hard to say where you'll get the best bus service. We stayed in Barbados when we stayed at CBR. Sometimes we were the 3rd stop; others we were last. It depends which entrance the driver uses.

Since there are so many bus stops at CBR, you'll never have a long walk to the stop, but you may want to request a room as close as possible if you want. Since the same buses are used at all the stops, you'll get buses at the same frequency as the other stops. The only potential problem is that if you're near the end of the route, you may have to stand more often and occasionally there may not be room at all.