PDA

View Full Version : Can MS Do This?


WolfpackFan
05-31-2009, 08:10 AM
Unfortunately, due to a family problem, we had to cancel our stay at HH this week (we were supposed to be checking in today :sad1:). I now have 110 pts. in holding. I would really love to go to HH sometime in the new 2-3 months. Does MS have the ability to look at a 60 day span and say when they have any openings or do I have to give them a specific check in date? I'd like for them to say start June 14 and find anything open for 3, 4 or 5 nights in any size accommodation. We are completely flexible on check in date, etc. I know my chances for this Summer are not great, but surely the entire resort is not booked up for every night.

YourEveryDayAdam
05-31-2009, 10:18 AM
I have called member services yesterday and asked "what do you have at the Bay Lake Towers in September in a one-bedroom or Studio?"

She was able to get me a span of about 5 nights in early september in a one-bedroom. I have even asked: "Do you have anything at all in one-bedroom in december?" So they can span multiple resorts, multiple categories, and multiple dates.

JimMIA
05-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Like most things Disney, I think it depends on which CM you talk to. I've read a number of recent posts saying MS actually refused to "check availability" of periods of time from members who were not ready to make reservations.

I guess the only way to know for sure is to call and ask...several times, if you don't get the answer you want.

5forDiz
05-31-2009, 11:28 AM
Hope all is well with family Wolfpackfan & sending best wishes & pixiedust too pixiedust: that things go smoothly when you call for new reservation :goodvibes

WolfpackFan
05-31-2009, 12:03 PM
Well no luck. I tried both HH and Vero and they are booked solid for the entire summer except for a day here or there. The problem is we have a cruise planned for September and I'm just not wild about going to HH in the winter. If it was up to me, I'd try to go back to WDW sometime this summer using the points; especially seeing as our trip a couple of weeks ago was such a washout. But I'm not sure I could convince DW of doing that. She isn't the Disney nut that I am.

Chuck S
05-31-2009, 01:16 PM
If it was up to me, I'd try to go back to WDW sometime this summer using the points; especially seeing as our trip a couple of weeks ago was such a washout. But I'm not sure I could convince DW of doing that. She isn't the Disney nut that I am.

Why not make it a resort trip instead of a "park trip", the exception being if you have APs and may want to dine in park at some your favorite places. All of the resorts have nice pools, and you could enjoy some of the non-park activities at WDW; golfing, horseback riding, mini-golf, water parks, parasailing or see some of the more local points of interest - Gatorland, World of Orchids, those type of things.

Crystal_27
05-31-2009, 02:33 PM
Well no luck.

Awwww, that's a bummer. One thing that I will mention to you which might be an option is to call your Guide and see what he/she can do. When we bought in March, our Guide said that if we ever run into an emergency wherein we would have to cancel our trip (which would leave our points in a "use or lose" situation) to call him and he would work some magic for us. He may have been blowing smoke or whatever, but *if* (big if) there is something that your Guide can do, it wouldn't hurt to make a phone call. Good luck!! :goodvibes

WolfpackFan
05-31-2009, 03:29 PM
I'm thinking what I'm going to do is wait until my 60 days ends at the end of August. Chances are that I will have better luck that last week of August than any other time of the summer. If I can't get HH then, I'll just keep trying after we get back from our cruise (NE cruise sailing out of NYC). We've even thought about doing Thanksgiving at HH. I don't know if the resort is booked solid then, but it's a possibility. The really sad thing is looking back on it now, the family situation that kept us from going this week, wasn't as bad as we thought; so we could have probably gone on and I could be sitting out by the pool at HH right now sipping a cold one :cool1:. Oh well, such is life.

WilsonFlyer
05-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Here's wishing you better luck.

I gotta tell you, I think I'd talk to the wifey. You guys had terrible (almost unprecedented) luck a couple of weeks ago. You owe it to yourselves to go back. I'd give Orlando another shot. :)

WolfpackFan
05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Well I talked to DW and she said she thought it was a good idea. I then called DD29 and asked her if she'd like to go with us (she is a school teacher and has the summer's off) and she said absolutely. So I'm hoping I can get a studio sometime towards the end of July. We're not particular as far as resort (though AKV would be our first choice). This will make up for the total washout we had a couple of weeks ago. Plus it gives DD a chance to go down. Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions.

justloveit
05-31-2009, 09:07 PM
Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

BWV Dreamin
06-01-2009, 02:01 PM
I reserved a 1bdrm for labor day last week. The cm said the whole week but Sunday was open for a 1 bedrm. Can you possibly go then? Also, can you waitlist for the summer months?

lisaviolet
06-01-2009, 02:29 PM
Well I talked to DW and she said she thought it was a good idea. I then called DD29 and asked her if she'd like to go with us (she is a school teacher and has the summer's off) and she said absolutely. So I'm hoping I can get a studio sometime towards the end of July. We're not particular as far as resort (though AKV would be our first choice). This will make up for the total washout we had a couple of weeks ago. Plus it gives DD a chance to go down. Thanks everyone for the support and suggestions.

Just wanted to add that I book many last minute trips. In fact, I just got back from a studio BW standard. One part booked at about 10 days. The other half when I decided to extend - booked at two days out.

I have used a booking window once in four years. :lmao: So much for me owning where I love. ;) And thee's never been vacation time booked off or plane tickets booked where something didn't work out.

I don't think many DVC members realize the goodies that are often left near check in.

Best of luck to you.

WolfpackFan
06-01-2009, 05:50 PM
Well everything has worked out great. I have us booked in SSR but am on wait list for AKV Jambo. There was only one day missing from AKV, so hopefully the wait list will come through. If not, we're fine with SSR.

lsutigger2
06-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Glad things worked out for you. DH and I have been to HH three times - all in the 'fall' months, either Sept or Oct. and it was great. You might consider that for future trips.