PDA

View Full Version : Hoop Dee Doo or Backyard BBQ?

dr&momto2boys
05-30-2009, 05:38 PM
Which would you pick for kids ages 4, 3 (and we have a 7 month old with us.)

eeyoresnr
05-30-2009, 05:40 PM
we have only done the Hoop Dee Doo but I am subscribibg so I can see how people answer as we are considering Back Yard BBQ for our Dec trip:santa:

NOLA_Tink
05-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Would your kids prefer being entertained by a show or by dancing? I love HDDR, but Backyard BBQ is a lot of fun for kids that really enjoy dancing. They play country music and it's a big dance party with the characters for kids and families. I prefer the options at HDDR (fried chicken, ribs, strawberry shortcake), but the BBQ offers similar items (ribs, baked chicken, hotdogs) and the ultimate treat: :mickeybar all-you-can-eat Mickey icecreams.

dr&momto2boys
05-30-2009, 07:01 PM
So it sounds like they'd fit in at either place? Is the show entertaining enough (for little ones) to keep them captivated the whole time?

Maybe we'll do Backyard BBQ because we happen to be nearby on a night they have it and it's more likely we'll go out of our way in the future for HDD. Plus my kids would appreciate the hotdogs, watermelon, and ice cream bars.

martd82
05-30-2009, 08:10 PM
With kids that age I would do the BBQ. If you are on the dining plan you will have plent of chances to sit down and eat, which can be stressfull with 3 young kids at Disney. With the BBQ your kids can get up run, dance, run around, and have a good time.

We were there in March with our 4 year old and he loved it. Plus I loved the unlimited beer, but the HDDR has that also. :banana:

penguinkimberly
05-31-2009, 03:52 AM
I have done both and while the food was more to my liking and I really liked hoop de doo, I found that Mickey's backyard bar-b-que was more interactive and fun. They youngest in our group was 7 at the time and there were 4 high schoolers and everyone was out dancing and having a great time.