PDA

View Full Version : How do you determine what times you make your ADRs?

princessreilly
05-30-2009, 02:37 PM
I have made dining reservations the past three or four trips that I've taken to Disney. I can't help but wonder how some of you plan this. Do you just take the times of the reservations you pick by whatever you can get or do you have a scheduled plan first? (Like sceduling around fireworks for example).

I'm going Sep 18-Sep 25 and will be attending MNSSHP with a 7, 3 and 3 month old.

Some of the ADRs I'm thinking of doing are:

MK---The Plaza, CRT
Epcot---Tutto Italia, Teppan Edo, Chefs de France
HS---Mama Melrose, Brown Derby, H&V breakfast
AK---Donald's breakfast

The Spirit of Aloha (have done this one) Mickey's Backyard BBQ(have not done this one)
I'm wanting to try these ressies because they're ones I've never tried. I'm willing to hear what you think.

DisneyWisher
05-30-2009, 03:00 PM
On your MNSSHP I suggest counter service.

bubblycoconut
05-30-2009, 03:18 PM
When I make our dinner ADR's I plan around the time we normally eat at home unless we have something special going on that day in the parks. For breakfast I plan an early breakfast if we are going to the parks or a late one if we will be at the resort.

We're doing a ts meal before we go to MNSSHP. I thought about doing cs but someone pointed out that it would be nice to have a relaxing meal before the party. After thinking about it I decided that it would be best for us to do a ts meal since the cs places might get crowded prior to the party.

I see that you are thinking about doing H&V for breakfast. If your family likes to be up early you should book a time before the park opens. We did on our last trip and it was nice getting into the park early before the crowds came.

:goodvibes

tami82
05-30-2009, 04:17 PM
when i booked i had a partial park schedule which i felt i could switch around a day or two out of the 4. I booked two TS meals in two different parks and two resort meals at first.
I had gotten all 4 reservations that i wanted but had to settle with an 8:00 chef mickey. After calling for my initial reservations i did call many times to try to switch times. i couldnt get an earlier dinner but then they came out with a lunch for Chef Mickey which worked out better for us and gave us the night free to do whatever.
After looking at the schedule a million times i had decided to only be tied down to one park character meal which would be in Epcot (Akershus). I then cancelled another in MGM park and replaced it with 1900 Park Fare. The other 3 meals i thought would be better to go with the resort restaurants so i would not be tied down to a particular park any certain day. What happens if it rains on one of the days we plan to go to so and so. I dont want to be stuck like that and i am very happy with my decision. I got 5 awesome places, Ohana for dinner, Akershus, Chef Mickey lunch, 1900 Park Fare, Ohana Breakfast

Aliceacc
05-30-2009, 04:20 PM
For the days we'll be at AK and at DHS I chose lunch instead of dinner. (1-1:30 times) Those days we'll probably start early and be there through mid-to-late afternoon, and the airconditioned break will help.

The other days I planned dinner. (at around 6ish) We'll get an early start, then get back to the Poly for a swim before heading out for dinner and the evening.

princessreilly
05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I am also probably staying at the Poly this time for the first time. Not sure how many ressies I should do for Poly either.:confused3

RMulieri
05-30-2009, 05:13 PM
I simply take the earliest dinner seatings available...which is often 330-4pm. But we eat early at home and we are up( even on vacation) at 5 am

PrincesCJM
05-30-2009, 05:18 PM
I take whatever they have available. I request a particular meal (like dinner) and just see what they have available. I don't see the need to require a specific time for meals.

tndisneyfan
05-30-2009, 05:39 PM
We usually just make dinner ADR's. We've been to WDW several times, so we pretty much know about when we like to have dinner. When we make our ADR's we usually shoot for around 7:00 and take what we can get around that time.