PDA

View Full Version : cancelling meal reservations - are there penalties

tami82
05-30-2009, 03:14 PM
I dont plan on cancelling any of our meals but in the case that we had to is there a last minute timeframe we need to do this. I made a breakfast reservation on the last day which i am sure we will make but if we decide not to do they need a certain notice .

Cupmom
05-30-2009, 03:23 PM
You can cancel an ADR at any time with no penalty. Just be sure to cancel it so that someone else make be able to use it.

ancestry
05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Depends on the restaurant. Some of the more popular places have a certain cancellation time frame that is required. These are usually the restaurants that you have to give a credit card to guarantee -- Askerhaus, Hoop de Doo, Cinderella's Royal Table, etc.

vicki_c
05-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Depends on the restaurant. Some of the more popular places have a certain cancellation time frame that is required. These are usually the restaurants that you have to give a credit card to guarantee -- Askerhaus, Hoop de Doo, Cinderella's Royal Table, etc.

This is correct - I think it's 48 hours in many cases. The CM should have said that when you made the reservation, they always do - but you're probably like me and don't write all that down! So it depends on where your reservations are.

notaclue
05-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Didn't realize you have to reserve Askerhaus with a credit card??? For dinner???

kaymom
05-30-2009, 04:00 PM
When I was making ADR's yesterday, the CM told me after each reservation I made that "it may be subject to cancelation charges" or something like that, but how would they enforce that with no credit card tied to the ressie? I know when I made the ADR for CRT, now I had to give my cc# and was told you must cancel 24 hours in advance.

carmie3377
05-30-2009, 04:09 PM
This is correct - I think it's 48 hours in many cases. The CM should have said that when you made the reservation, they always do - but you're probably like me and don't write all that down! So it depends on where your reservations are.

They will make exceptions, at least they did for us. We had ressies for 5 at CRT on the morning of our departure. MIL had to leave the night before because she was ill and I called just to see if they would work with me. They removed her from the ressie w/o penalty. Maybe it was because we didn't all out cancel, but it did come as a surprise that there was no penalty at all with about 14 hours notice.

tami82
05-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I did give a credit card for Akershus so i knew there was a penalty.

rocio
05-30-2009, 04:11 PM
I had to cancel two of our ADRs on our recent trip. One was to the California Grill and when I made that reservation they told me it was a 24 hour cancellation fee so I made sure to cancel before the 24 hours (decided at couple of days before I wanted to try Sanaa for my birthday dinner and was happy to try it...it was delish!). The other one I had to cancel just an hour before and there was no fee: Tusker House Breakfast with Donald. I could not get my family out of bed for the early ADR and knew at 7am we weren't going to make the 8:05am ADR so as much as it pained me I called and canceled. I seriously considered leaving them and going on my own as it was my birthday. Instead I will continue to rub it in that I didn't get to have my birthday breakfast with Donald. It really was my fault. I kept them all up way past their bedtimes the night before because my daughter and i decided for a last minute ride on Soarin. Live and learn.

tami82
05-30-2009, 04:14 PM
I did give a cc for Akershus so i do know they charge a penalty for cancellation. Other than that the reservationist didnt say anything else to me.