PDA

View Full Version : I got great news!!!!!!!!!!

wdwnutze
06-17-2002, 07:36 PM
My mom has had a time share for a couple of years. We just discovered that she can get Boardwalk Villas, BC Villas, WL Villas or OKW! We have been talking about taking our next trip in Nov. 2003 Thanksgiving and the 1st week of Dec. We will be driving there and plan to get there the day before turkey day and staying until the following Friday! This opens a whole new bunch of options for us. We were planning on staying budget for a few days then doing the GF but I think we'll just do the BWV for the whole time. We will be non-park for a few days due to the crowds and then we'll do 4-5 days of the parks! I'm so excited.

Has anyone spent the holiday at the BWV? Is it possible to make a dinner there. There will be mom, myself and my 2 dd's and maybe 1 more adult. Hubby can't get time off then and isn't a big dis fan. I'd love to hear of any suggestions!

Beanie
06-17-2002, 07:48 PM
I can't answer your questions, but just wanted to say Congratulations! That is great news!! :)

chris1gill
06-17-2002, 09:52 PM
Has she already reserved one of the Disney Resorts? The weeks you mention from Thanksgiving on are VERY crowded at any of the on site resorts. Members have a hard time reserving once the 7 month window is up...

Trading into the Disney resorts is difficult as it is, only a small minority actually succeed... But it does happen occasionally, if this is your case, it would be AWESOME for you!!

If you have a 1 bedroom or larger, you will have a full kitchen & will be able to cook whatever meal you can think of! I'm leaning towards cooking Thanksgiving dinner there this year, rather than eating out, but I can still change my mind!

wdwnutze
06-18-2002, 05:14 AM
We have put in the call to find out about reserving a 2 bdrm. We are planning for Nov 2003 so we still have 1 1/2yrs to get all our plans together. Since we have so many Disney options we feel pretty confident that we will be able to arrange something. We also have another little "in" since my sister works for the timeshare co. and would be able to set things up for us. We are keeping our fingers crossed. Either way we will be at WDW in Nov. 2003. It would just be so nice to stay in one of the villas and cook our dinner right there!

zulaya
06-18-2002, 07:27 AM
Just letting you know that BWV is a DVC resort so members can't even make ressies until 11 months out. Don't know how it works if you trade in, but I just wanted to let you know as it may not be as easy as it sounds to get in there during those very busy weeks at the DVC resorts.

BlueFairy
06-18-2002, 07:31 AM
Can someone tell me which timeshare organizations do the "trade-in" thing with DVC? My parents are members of RCI (used to be the name, still is?) and one other. Would love to know if we can trade-in to a Disney property.
Thanks.

JulesMom
06-18-2002, 08:13 AM
Best of luck getting the resort and days you want!

Dizholic
06-18-2002, 08:30 AM
Membership with Interval Internationl might possibly get you a Trade on Disney Property.
Good Luck! :earsgirl:

mrsltg
06-18-2002, 08:40 AM
I don't know about Thanksgiving week, but the week immediately following and on through the week before Christmas are the slowest of the entire year. If you can't get the room for Thanksgiving, go ahead and book the first week in December... the place is deserted! It's wonderful!

Erin :)

Michelemouse
06-18-2002, 08:46 AM
The first week of Dec. is, indeed, one of the slower times at WDW but at the DVC properties it is one of the busiest times of the year. That is value season for DVC members and the DVC resorts tend to book up *very* quickly. While you would probably have no trouble booking a cash reservation at any of the regular WDW resort hotels I think you will find that it will be difficult to get DVC accomodations for that time period. If you keep all of your options open (BWV, BCV, VWL and OKW) then you'll have better luck but you might want to pick back-up dates just in case.

Also, you might want to check out the DVC board here at DISBoards. I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice.

wdwnutze
06-18-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all the input. Here is another question for all of you. If we discover that Nov/dec is too difficult to get, how would the end of August be? I already know about the heat since we have been in Aug before. I'm more interested in what type of season it is for the DVC. I'm thinking the 3rd week in August of 2003

BeckyV
06-18-2002, 07:37 PM
I own at both BWV and VWL and other timeshares in RCI and II. I am also a member of the timeshare group Timeshare User's Group. They have a bulleton board that in the past discussed a few timeshare owners successfully trading into DVC. I can search with my other weeks in II. The best availability is in September or early October. Once in a while a week in the summer is deposited. BWV and VWl are extremely difficult to trade into. Most members either rent their points or use them because of the cost of the fees. Availability at OKW is more in II, but still very limited. Holidays are out, and lots of times Disney deposits off season weeks at Hilton Head or Vero for a trade instead of the onsite properties. Go to www.tug2.net and ask some of the members about their experiences. Also visit the DVC board here and post. Dean who is on both sites owns DVC and other timeshares and is really knowledgeable about both. Good luck. I hope you are successful.