PDA

View Full Version : Best Counter Service in the parks...

DoomBuggie
05-29-2009, 11:11 PM
We have 3 ADR for June but also plan on eating a couple of days with counter service. Which ones in each park do you think are the best?

KatMark
05-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Our favorites are:

MK -- Cosmic Rays (Columbia Harbor House is real close to the top)
Epcot -- Sunshine Seasons in The Land
AK -- Flame Tree Barbecue
Studios -- None -- we leave and go to a resort or off property

PoohsFan1
05-29-2009, 11:27 PM
There are 3 that we absolutely love and is a must do each time...

- Sunshine Seasons at Epcot
- Pecos Bills in MK
- Pizza Planet in DHS

Any other CS that we do in the parks are usually last minute ones. We like the CS meals as much as the TS meals, so you won't go wrong with any of them

Pop&theCenturies(:
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
My fave isn't actually in one of the parks....it's in Downtown Disney...Wolfgang Puck Express....There's so much to chose from....and sooo delicious!

aubriee
05-30-2009, 04:59 AM
MK: Columbia Harbour House or Cosmic Rays
AK: Yak & Yeti CS
Epcot: Sunshine Seasons, Norwegian bakery, French bakery, or Tangeriene Cafe
DS: nothing-usually take the boat to Epcot or go to Pepper Market at CSR
DTD: WGP Express

cchev
05-30-2009, 09:01 AM
Our favorites are:

MK -- Cosmic Rays (Columbia Harbor House is real close to the top)
Epcot -- Sunshine Seasons in The Land
AK -- Flame Tree Barbecue
Studios -- None -- we leave and go to a resort or off property

Completely agree with this except I would go Columbia Harbor House instead of Cosmic Rays....better atmosphere I think

USAswimmer626
05-30-2009, 09:14 AM
Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - Tangerine Cafe
Disney Hollywood Studios - NONE!
Animal Kingdom - FlameTree BBQ

Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Puck Express!!!!!!!!!!!:woohoo:

freepixie
05-30-2009, 09:52 AM
MK - Pecos Bill
EP - China
MGM - no good CS here
AK - Pizzafari

Joan1
05-30-2009, 09:58 AM
MK - Pecos Bills
Cosmic Rays is good but don't like that there are separate lines for different foods so you may not end up eating together if everyone wants something different

Epcot - Any of the countries counter service options except Mexico

Hollywood Studios - normally we don't care for much here but on our last trip we tried Backlot Express and I was suprised that it was good. We had never tried it and always forgot it was there. So this is our choice now for CS

AK - Pizzafari is decent but nothing here really sticks out - we haven't tried Yak and yeti

Downtown Disney - Wolfgang Puck Express and Earl of Sandwich

ibouncetoo
05-30-2009, 10:00 AM
Throw in Earl of Sandwich at DTD too! YUMMMY.

Anal Annie
05-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Epcot - we are ALWAYS pleased with Tangerine Cafe in Morocco (we voted it our fav. CS place in all of Disney last weekend)! Two thumbs up!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Second, we often hit the Cantina place in Mexico - but usually for dinner if we're planning on seeing Illuminations...we stop early, grab a table by the railing and keep getting refills on beer & margaritas until showtime!:thumbsup2

MK - Either Columbia Harbor House, Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays usually fit the bill for us. It just depends where we are in the park when we decide we want to eat. The nice thing about Cosmic Rays is that there's a big variety so we can split up to order & meet up after we get our stuff to eat together. Last weekend DS wanted a burger while DH & I wanted salads. DS had charging ability on his KTTW card so he went his way & we went ours.

HS - used to like the ABC Commissary but when we went last weekend they'd changed the menu & we were not so thrilled. They used to have a really good Cuban sandwich...but it was gone.:sad2: We've also had success at Backlot Express I think it's called. But HS is not the best for CS.

AK - either Pizzafari or Flametree BBQ. I think DS & I prefer Pizzafari while DH likes the BBQ place. Sometimes we split up & get what we want at one place or the other then meet up somewhere to eat. We tried the Yak & Yeti CS place once and will never go again. It was the biggest waste of money. SO-O bland!! And sorta pricey too for CS...

eta: We have not done any CS places in DTD yet....but we were very pleased with both T-Rex and Cap'n Jacks

Pakey
05-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Epcot-Tangierine Cafe. It also gets our vote for best CS in all parks. We also like Sunshine Seasons (just not as much as Tangierine)

MK-Columbia Harbor House.

AK-Flame Tree

DHS-Nothing

DTD-Earl of Sandwich or WPE.

RMulieri
05-30-2009, 11:17 AM
Mk- Cosmic Rays, Or Columbia Harbor House
Epcot-Sunshine Seasons
AK- Flame Tree BBQ
DHS- NONE
DTD-Wolfgang Puck Express or Earl of Sandwich

ibouncetoo
05-30-2009, 11:20 AM
Glad to see votes for Tangerine Cafe. We plan on this stop during our September trip. :thumbsup2

Anal Annie
05-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Glad to see votes for Tangerine Cafe. We plan on this stop during our September trip. :thumbsup2

It's very good! They have some sample plates out behind the counter for you to see before you order too. Last weekend I had the Chicken Wrap with sides of tangerine cous cous and lentil salad & DH had the Lamb Wrap with the same sides...good size portions too!:thumbsup2

floridascgirl
05-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Magic Kingdom: Columbia Harbor House (love sitting upstairs) :thumbsup2

Epcot: Tangeriene Cafe (DH'S fav) or Sunshine Seasons (fresh sandwiches) :)

Hollywood Studios: No fav's yet :sad2:

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree BBQ (love the atmoshere by the water) :wizard:

DisneyBunny15
05-30-2009, 02:30 PM
MK: Pecos Bill
Epcot: Liberty Inn
DHS: Toy Story Pizza
AK: Pizzafari
DTD: Earl of Sandwhich

DonaldTDuck
05-30-2009, 02:42 PM
MK- Cosmic Rays, you can go to the different Kiosks and meet at a table to eat together.

Ep- Cantina at Mexico, love the combinacion plato

DHS- Studio Catering Co.- good barbq sandwich

AK- Flame Tree- great ribs and they have Safari Ale

maddiesmom0116
05-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Epcot - Pick a Bakery, they are all good, so is the CS is Mexico
MK- Cosmic Rays all the way
AK- Flame Tree BBQ
DHS- I would say ABc because it is air conditioned, all the CS is not that great, but this one is set apart for the air conditioning.

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
05-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

Epcot: Electric Umbrella.

Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbecue & Pizzafari.

DisneyWisher
05-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Cosmic Rays is the only CS at all the parks that we like.

Though not asked I think at a resort the best CS is Pepper Market at CSR. here is their menu. Lots of choices and selections.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=492

bubblycoconut
05-30-2009, 04:46 PM
In MK my favorites are Pecos Bills & Cosmic Rays. My other favorite is at DTD and is Earl of Sandwich. We ate there so many times on our last trip and I'm looking forward to going there again on our next trip. So yummy! :goodvibes

eeyoregon
05-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Pecos Bills and Flame Tree BBQ are our 2 must do counter service.

lynnebla
05-30-2009, 10:16 PM
MK - Columbia Harbour House or Pinocchio Village Haus (like the atmosphere at Small World, different menu & it's not real crowded)

AK - Flame Tree

DHS - Nothing Good

Epcot - China

DD - Earl of Sandwich

DoomBuggie
06-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Thanks for all the replies. :thumbsup2

Debbie-TN
06-11-2009, 07:26 PM
We love Cosmic Ray's because of all the choices( BBQ sandwich is really good), but our favorite is the Orange Chicken Rice Bowl at Lotus Blossom in China in Epcot.:cool1: Can't wait to have some in Sept.

suzicute20
06-11-2009, 09:23 PM
MK - Cosmic Rays
EPCOT - Tangerine Cafe
AK - Flame Tree
DTD - Earl of Sandwich

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
06-11-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks for all the replies. :thumbsup2You're welcome.

michelleiada
06-11-2009, 10:39 PM
Sunshine Seasons at EPCOT's The Land Pavillion has a huge variety of foods. Earl of Sandwich at DTD is fantastic. One of our favorites in all of Disney.

bcrook
06-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I agree with the comments that there are no good counter service options at DHS, but I did manage to get a good taco salad at the Fairfax Faire by Beauty and the Beast. I was surprised at how good it was. Maybe it was because my expectations were so low. But I have to say, that Starring Rolls has some wonderful little snacks and desserts.

On my next trip we are having Cobb salads at the Brown Derby and Key Lime Pie tarts at Starring Rolls.

quirty30
06-12-2009, 02:52 AM
Is the counter service at HS really THAT bad?

We were planning on going to HS the day we arrive in September. Staying at BLT and thinking that we should grab lunch at Contempo Cafe before heading over to HS for the afternoon. Does this sound like a good plan?

kathiewe
06-12-2009, 04:26 AM
MK -- Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays
Epcot -- Any except Electric Umbrella
HS -- Don't bother
AK -- Yak & Yeti and Flametree
DD - Earl of Sandwhich

Best in Disney --- Flametree, great food, ambiance, and seating area with lake view of EE.

Steelersfan
06-12-2009, 09:08 AM
I would say these:

1. Earle of Sandwich in DTD
2. Cosmic Ray's in MK
3. Liberty inn @ the American Adventure in EP. (Great burgers for some reason)

we liked the old Tusker House in AK but it isn't quick service anymore.

We are also going to try Flame Tree BBQ in AK and Toy Story Pizza Planet in DS this time also. We never got to them in past trips.

One week to Go!

GO PENS! EAT SOME RED WINGS FOR DINNER TONIGHT!

ROEDISNEY
06-12-2009, 09:09 AM
MK-CHH
DHS-Rosie's Cafe
AK- Flame Tree
Epcot -Elec Umbrella

yasuern
06-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Okay I have ALWAYS found DHS lacking in the food department but if push came to shove and we are forced to eat at CS there I would choose The Backlot express

menu link
http://allears.net/menu/men_ble.htm

Mk - Columbia Harbour House
AK Pizzafari
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons(foodcourt in the land pavillion)

Sue:goodvibes

JMD
06-12-2009, 10:00 AM
MK - Cosmic Rays
Epcot - Tangierine Cafe
AK - Flametree
DHS - Backlot Express