PDA

View Full Version : New member

Jeanny
06-17-2002, 04:32 PM
I just posted a message on the November list... but thought I should post it here too. This is my first post so you'll have to bear with me and let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. We're going to stay at the CBR 11/27-12/1. First time staying in the park. Does anyone know about any Thanksgiving Day parade? How can I find out about Thanksgiving Dinner? is it too early to ask questions like this?
This is a pamper trip for my daughter and I. My Dad passed away in January and we don't want to be "home" for Thanksgiving!! so we're treating ourselves to this MUCH needed vacation.
thanks, everyone for all your help!:cool:

Melika77
06-17-2002, 04:40 PM
HI! Well, it all depends on where exactly you'd like to eat for Thanksgiving....If you'd like turkey...I'd sugguest the Liberty Tree Tavern in MK. I don't know when they make reservations for Thanksgiving. Normally, this restaurant does not accept ressie's until 60 days prior.

I'd suggest checking out: http://www.wdwig.com/menu/menus.htm
This has links to menus for WDW restaurants. This will give you a better idea of what might be good for you...

Good luck restaurant hunting!

Melissa

PS Please e-mail me with any questions...I will be a CM or Cast Member or Disney Employee during that time....

Jeanny
06-17-2002, 04:55 PM
thanks Melissa...
I'm a turkey person, but my daughter is a chicken person... She was trying to get info on the Royal Table, but it's not out yet. I'm actually open to most restaurants, but we want to be served at a sit down dinner...I was just wondering how late the parks stay open on Thanksgiving night and how crowded dinners are...

thanks for helping out...

Melika77
06-17-2002, 06:05 PM
Park hous are generally out 3 months before. Click here to check on hours: http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/waltdisneyworld/parksandmore/parkhours/parkhoursindex?id=ParkHoursRoot

Thanksgiving day meals WILL get full. I honestly suggest deciding where you'd like to eat that day. The Dis has a Priority Seating (PS) Calculator. You simply put in the date you are interested in making a ressie for. It will then tell you when you can make it based on which type of restaurant you'd like to eat at. At the bottom of the page there is a list of the types of ressie's (30, 60, 90, 120, 365 day ressie's). Click here for the PS Calculator: http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/pscalc/dispscalc.html .

The Liberty Tree Tavern is a buffet. However, you do not have to get up. The food is brought to you on a platter. They typically have: Turkey, flank steak, ham, Mashed Potatos, Veggie, Stuffing, and Mac and Cheese.

I hope this helps!

Melissa

bjakmom
06-18-2002, 07:36 AM
Just wanted to say welcome, Jeanny! I can't help with Thanksgiving questions - we did visit the week after once and I loved seeing all the Xmas decorations up so early - really kicked off the season for me! It's definitely not too early to ask questions here, many of us like to plan way ahead! - know you'll find lots of info and answers here.:cool: