PDA

View Full Version : Confirm CRO ressies or not?

tige
06-17-2002, 02:09 PM
I have read some horror stories about some people calling CRO to confirm their reservations only to have some new CM accidently change/cancel them!

So, it makes me nervous to call at this point. We leave in a week and we DID receive the yellow CRO confirmation in the mail a few weeks after we made our reservations. We paid a deposit via credit card on the day we made the reservations and this was reflected on the confirmation sheet.

What do you long-timers think? Is it worth calling to confirm or should we just go and hope for the best?

tige07

addicted_to_WDW
06-17-2002, 02:12 PM
I don't call to confirm, but I do take my confirmation slip. The way I figure it, if they in any way mess up my ressie, they will more than make it up to me.

So far, I've never had a problem.

tige
06-17-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by addicted_to_WDW
I don't call to confirm, but I do take my confirmation slip. The way I figure it, if they in any way mess up my ressie, they will more than make it up to me.

So far, I've never had a problem.

OK, you've peaked my curiousity! :-)

When you say they would more than make it up to you....how would you go about it and what would you request they do? I don't anticipate problems either, but it would be good to know just in case!

Thanks!

tige

CaliforniaDreaming
06-17-2002, 02:53 PM
If there was a problem when I got there, I'd just explain that it is their mistake, and it is taking up my vacation time. You could get a free dinner, gift basket, free night, or something similar. :)

BTW, I, too, worry about reservation problems before trips! ;)

eeyore0062
06-17-2002, 05:13 PM
We ALWAYS confirm! We confirm our PS, as well. Better safe than sorry!

TurtleMan
06-17-2002, 05:24 PM
We always confirm. I also write down the name of the CM that I speak with on the date that I call. IMO, it is important to confirm this type of reservation just as it is to confirm a flight...Take your confirmation slip with you to WDW. We stayed at the Contemporary last summer & our room reservations were messed up - I had all of my info to back my reservation up and we ended up with a free upgrade! Have fun!