PDA

View Full Version : Test running Electrical Parade

KCmike
05-27-2009, 08:45 PM
This was posted on micechat by hurricane freak. On may 26th they were test running the new electrical parade in DCA.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cham6qVJAV4

Hope this link works.

DangerMouse
05-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for posting. Too bad they didn't catch on film the travesty that is the new Tinkerbell float which is replacing the classic Blue Fairy. They also ought to correct the title since it's dated 2008.

prettyprincessbelle
05-27-2009, 11:29 PM
There's pictures of the new Tink float here (http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2009/05/new-float-spoiler.html).

Albort
05-27-2009, 11:34 PM
one of the floats look like pinnochio... :|

Gisele
05-27-2009, 11:37 PM
I love the ELP. The Blue Fairy is being replaced? Why man why? If it ain't broke don't fix it. Please leave my fairy alone!! God first HMH, :faint: then changes to the HM's attic (Not too happy about that either) then the movie add ins to my pirates! Oh the inhumanity of it all! Seriously now!(Great big sigh!)

scooter15
05-27-2009, 11:40 PM
They are doing WHAT???? Ok, that's just not right and it won't be the same. Just rename the parade because they just got rid of an iconic float.

Gisele
05-27-2009, 11:51 PM
I agree! And from a classic parade stand point, I am outraged! My face is becoming red,as I am becoming quite flustered of this news! Some one get the poster board, and paint sets, and lets start picketing!!

prettyprincessbelle
05-28-2009, 12:01 AM
Or keep the Blue Fairy float and just add the new Tink one? I love the Blue Fairy.

Burnt Toast
05-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Now now, lets not turn this board into a mini-MiceChat. Lets all wait to see the float in person before we pass judgement.

Basically the new version of the Electrical Parade will replace Blue Fairy with a longer float that has Tinkerbelle. Also coming back will be the Snow White Mine float (my favorite, even though I detest the Electrical Parade) and Pinocchio Pleasure Island floats... but we'll lose the Dumbo Clown Processional (which is also good because I'm deathly afraid of clowns).

DangerMouse
05-28-2009, 12:24 AM
I don't mind enhancements or changes generally, but The Blue Fairy leading every Disneyland Parade is a DLR tradition that needs to be carried on. And yes, I realize the parade isn't actually in DL anymore, but it's a classic Disneyland parade!

Ok, off my soapbox.

darph nader
05-28-2009, 12:34 AM
My DD is going to LOVE the Tink float,but to get rid of the Blue Fairy is just 'wrong'.:sad1: