PDA

View Full Version : Boardwalk Bride's PJ Morocco/Canada/Attic/SCP updates 01/09!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Boardwalk_bride
05-27-2009, 02:42 PM
Hello everyone!!!

**For any new comers, my PJ has been a bit confusing as I have changed my mind many times, so I have made a recap of all the current plans (just click on planning recap to see)** To see my actual plans, that I am now using (at least I think, I have a tendency to change my mind) I have tried to organize everything below):

~The Dress (post 445)~ (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187950&page=30)
~The Attire~ (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187950&page=30)
~The Venues (the plan)~ (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187950&page=30)
~The Cake~ (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187950&page=31)
~The Accessories~ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=34282356#post34282356)

~The Songs~ (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187950&page=49)

Anyway, for those who haven't seen my original PJ, here is an intro/background.

We are having a reception at home, and ceremony in WDW. Our ceremony will be at SBP. We are currently penciled in for April 12th, which is our date with Randy chapman as well, but we will have to move it. My parents live pretty far away from me, so for them to travel to Florida, and than again to near Toronto (where we are now) needs to be done relatively close to each other so that they are not away for too long. Since our at home reception is booked in for the 24th, we will probably need a later date.

Anyway, here is our ceremony location at SBP:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/boardwalk2.jpg

And our at home reception pics:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/bw-waterfalls.jpg

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/bw-top.jpg

We have already sent out "pre rsvps" for WDW, and surprisingly, everyone is coming!! Which means there will be exactly 20 of us (right on the Escape limit!!)

Here is the cast:
Me
DF
my parents
Df's mom, dad, and dad gf
Df's 2 brothers, including a wife and baby
3 Bridesmaids, and 2 groomsmen
plus travel partners for bm's and gm's

Boardwalk_bride
05-27-2009, 02:47 PM
deleted

Pirate's Princess
05-27-2009, 03:57 PM
Wow those shoes are HOT! I can't do pumps, but very nice.

I love the inspiration board, and I REALLY love the hair do, where did you find it???

Everything sounds awesome, can't wait to read more

disneygal922
05-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Hi :wave2: I posted on your other PJ but will repeat here so I don't lose the thread. LOVE the candyland theme! I'm a huge fan of bright and bold colors so it's definitely right up my ally. Also, it's so much fun! The shoes are so cute! Can't wait to read more! :goodvibes

figment fan21
05-28-2009, 10:26 AM
ok i'm here! popcorn::

OMG I love those shoes!!! they're FAB! Can't wait for more updates. :banana:

polynesianbride
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
I was following your old PJ but just wanted to check in and let you know I've found the new one! I love the shoes!!!!! Where did you find them? They are super fun and perfect with your theme! Good luck with the dress shopping!

Boardwalk_bride
05-31-2009, 09:25 PM
deleted

Raecheal
05-31-2009, 10:32 PM
Those shoes are amazing.. I LOVE BCBG!! I love your theme...

:flower3: Sorry to hear about your camera being stolen..OH no... I"m in Ottawa.. and used to work at Les Suites (where people's car were broken into at least once a week :S) .. I hope your not staying there.. :scared1: It's near the shelter.

pink_tink8i8
05-31-2009, 11:22 PM
welcome back and congrats!
love your candyland theme!! :) yummy

polynesianbride
06-01-2009, 01:32 AM
BOOOO :mad: for having your camera stolen- that is no fun at all! I'm also sad to hear that Shipwreck Beach is out... did she tell you why it would cost so much money????:confused:

disneygal922
06-01-2009, 10:31 AM
Total bummer about your camera being stolen. I totally hear you on the being bigger than ever. I used to be pretty petite but ever since I started sitting at a desk for 9 hours a day with a pretty boring job, I've gained several pounds. My problem is with the snacking, and the fast food... :rolleyes1 Good luck with WW. :wizard: Hopefully the rest of your stay in Ottawa will be better!

Boardwalk_bride
06-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Those shoes are amazing.. I LOVE BCBG!! I love your theme...

:flower3: Sorry to hear about your camera being stolen..OH no... I"m in Ottawa.. and used to work at Les Suites (where people's car were broken into at least once a week :S) .. I hope your not staying there.. :scared1: It's near the shelter.

We are staying right next to it...at Novetel, so we share the underground parking :mad: I wish I would have known before!! My main reason here is for a competition, and the professor that brought us apparently knew about this, and didn't tell us ahead of time....errr!!

Anyway, we won our competition, it was a Canada-wide one, so I am pumped about that!!
welcome back and congrats!
love your candyland theme!! :) yummy
Thanks!!! We went to a candy store we found by our hotel last night, it made me get so pumped up!

BOOOO :mad: for having your camera stolen- that is no fun at all! I'm also sad to hear that Shipwreck Beach is out... did she tell you why it would cost so much money????:confused:

She said that there needs to be a "light package" which is like $3000!!!! She doesn't seem like the most knowledgeable planner (she says St. James does not have a patio) so I may look into it some more!

Total bummer about your camera being stolen. I totally hear you on the being bigger than ever. I used to be pretty petite but ever since I started sitting at a desk for 9 hours a day with a pretty boring job, I've gained several pounds. My problem is with the snacking, and the fast food... :rolleyes1 Good luck with WW. :wizard: Hopefully the rest of your stay in Ottawa will be better!

Thank you!! I hope WW works! I also like prevention.com, since you can keep a free food journal, but I feel like I need to pay to do something to get the extra motivation :rotfl:

Boardwalk_bride
06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
deleted

pink_tink8i8
06-05-2009, 11:58 AM
you should definitely exchange your money now while the exchange rate is good. Apparently it's supposed to keep going up :goodvibes

Boardwalk_bride
06-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Hello!!

I have narrowed down my top 3 choices for dresses (although I have not tried any of them on yet :rotfl:).

Here they are in no particular order:

Adele Wechsler

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/adele-wechsler-1.jpg

Priscilla of Boston (next 2)

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/wedd.png

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/wedd2.png

They are all pretty expensive, but the last 2 by far will break my bank. I figured I can have one custom made to look like it, and I also found similar styles to the Priscilla of Boston dresses on the J Crew website.

So why did I choose these ones? :confused3

There are a few reasons. First, I wanted something long and flowing. Second, if I do not loose my desired amount of weight, these will cover up trouble areas, LOL! But the most important reason is because all of these can be easily hemmed into a shorter dress, that probably won't look to wedding -like since the top is not very elaborate. My reason for wanting to do this (besides getting more wear out of the dress) is that DF and I thought it would be a neat idea to continue to wear out wedding attire o special occasions, mainly anniversaries. We also thought that if we ever have a big fight (which we usually have one a year ;), we can go on a date with our special clothes, which will hopefully remind us of our wedding day :lovestruc

Anyway, I am starting to look into bridesmaid dresses too, but I cannot decide on a colour. I LOVE pink, but I know DF will not be too happy with that, so I am looking for other colours. Since our theme is "candyland" I figure really any colour could go. I am leaning towards a soft yellow, which can be made more colourful with accessories.

Other than that, I started WW and a fitness routine, and lost 1 pound over the weekend (even though I swear I consumed 3lbs of wine and the wedding we were at:goodvibes)

Hopefully I will have some updates soon!!!!!!

Bolanette87
06-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I am just crazy about your 'candyland' theme! How brilliant! Your shoes are fantastic as well!

I like all three of your dress choices, but I especially love the 2nd POB one.... Very pretty!!

Bob xoxoxox

figment fan21
06-08-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm with Bob! Number 2 is my favorite! They're all lovely but definatly number 2!!!!!

disneygal922
06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
Good call opening a new account while the exchange rate is good! :thumbsup2 I also like number 2 the best but all 3 are beautiful!

Knelson85
06-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Hello!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the opinions on the dresses! Number 2 is my fav as well, but I really would rather buy a dress than get one made (and since POB dresses are around 5000, I cannot buy one!!!) So I am going to go to Toronto in a few weeks, and head to the Adele store and try that one first.

Anyway, I came home from school today, and found the stickers I ordered in my mailbox!!! AHHHH I am soo excited, I love them so much! Like I said, my camera has been stolen :sad2:so I cannot post the exact ones, but here are the originals that I saw:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/il_430xN73905835.jpg

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/il_430xN74110926.jpg

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/il_430xN60565271.jpg

I had them personalized to say "Thank you for making our day so sweet" and our names in the middle. We will put them on coloured favor bags, and use them for the candy bar (at our at home reception)

I also found that the cake server I want is half price today!!!!!! This is the one I am about to order:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/346083_649.jpg

I saw it on Lurkeyloo's PJ. Somebody recommended it to her,not sure if she used it though?

I still have a ton to do, but at least I feel that I have a head start!

Boardwalk_bride
06-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Sorry, just realized I was signed in under my old username for the last posting....hope I didn't confuse anyone......

Also, the cake server I posted that I found for half price does not ship to Canada :sad1: The cheapest one I can find is about $55 with shipping, whereas the sale one was 17 including shipping!

figment fan21
06-12-2009, 07:18 AM
OMG I Love the stickers! They're adorable and will fit your theme perfectly! :thumbsup2

Where did you find that cake server???!!! I Love it!

Pirate's Princess
06-12-2009, 07:27 AM
That is the cutest cake server ever!!! Where did you find it? Too bad they won't send it to Canada. I really like dress #3, but #2 is very nice as well. Have you checked Etsy to see if someone would make it for you? There are a lot of talented people willing to take commisions or Alchemies as they call them!

Boardwalk_bride
06-18-2009, 08:45 PM
edited

Boardwalk_bride
06-18-2009, 09:04 PM
deleted

Boardwalk_bride
06-18-2009, 09:10 PM
deleted

Boardwalk_bride
06-22-2009, 05:16 PM
deleted

figment fan21
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I talked to the lovely Randy Chapman today, and we have decided to book a TRASH THE DRESS shoot!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!! I really cannot wait. I didn't think it was an option in WDW, but apparently it is!

We have also decided to book through DVC for at least part of our stay. There are a lot of good deals out right now, since people are booking already, but our date is not officially confirmed until August, so I am not sure what to do :confused3

OMG How? where? when? how much?! I want to do one soooo bad!!! That is sooo cool!:thumbsup2

Pirate's Princess
06-22-2009, 08:11 PM
I like dress 2!!! It's very pretty and I think it fits your theme

padisneyfour
06-22-2009, 08:38 PM
I like dress number 2!!! it is very pretty!

Boardwalk_bride
06-22-2009, 08:57 PM
OMG How? where? when? how much?! I want to do one soooo bad!!! That is sooo cool!:thumbsup2

Hahah! I don't really know how to answer the "how". When...sometime after the wedding, how much, not sure, but assuming around 200 to $300, since that's how much he seems to charge per hour. I don't think he get a lot of them at disney, so I think he is as excited as we are!

I'm glad people like dress #2, cause I LOVE it. And it seems like it would be easy to alter to make it into a shorter dress to wear again. If I get that one though, I think I will ebay for a cheaper one for trash the dress!

tiggerrifficheidi
06-29-2009, 07:56 AM
I LOVE your candyland inspiration board! Genius!

The style of dress is gorgeous. I think the first of the first was my fave, but the second of the second is great!

The idea of shortening and re-wearing is great! I didn't intend on that, but ended up doing that for my first dress. We got married quickly in an Escape wedding before DH deployed to Iraq, but we were already planning the Wishes wedding for family/friends. So, this was my dress at our "elopement."

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Escape%20Wedding/060381-0078.jpg

And I had it tucked under in a balloon hem (I didn't want to cut it) and added a little jacket for our Welcome Dinner in January.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Wedding/Welcome%20Dinner/dinner_112.jpg

Boardwalk_bride
06-29-2009, 09:30 AM
I LOVE your candyland inspiration board! Genius!

The style of dress is gorgeous. I think the first of the first was my fave, but the second of the second is great!

The idea of shortening and re-wearing is great! I didn't intend on that, but ended up doing that for my first dress. We got married quickly in an Escape wedding before DH deployed to Iraq, but we were already planning the Wishes wedding for family/friends. So, this was my dress at our "elopement."

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Escape%20Wedding/060381-0078.jpg

And I had it tucked under in a balloon hem (I didn't want to cut it) and added a little jacket for our Welcome Dinner in January.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Wedding/Welcome%20Dinner/dinner_112.jpg

Yay! You are here!! I feel like your such a celeb since I have read both your TR's soooo many times to get inspiration!

I did see your dress before, and was really happy, since I wasn't completely sure it was possible to do! I think it is such a great idea though, since I HATE having clothes just taking up space. Plus I love dresses, and I know I will want to wear it again.

My only problem now is that I have decided to do the "trash the dress shoot" so I am not sure if that will completely destroy my dress or not. I might look for cheaper white prom dresses next year and wear that instead to that shoot, :rotfl2:

Alright new updates!!!

Not much, except for the best thing ever (for us anyway). We booked the BEACH CLUB VILLAS for a few nights!!!!!!!!!!!!! We went to WDW last year, and went to the boardwalk area and saw that resort, and we knew we had to stay there and swim in stromalong bay. So we found a great deal from the DVC rent/trade board, and booked it for our first 4 nights. I am not sure where we will stay for the remaining time, but I am going to keep watching the DVC boards to look for a good deal.

I have been loosing a bit of weight, so hopefully it will be dress time soon! My best friend really wants to go, and since we don't live in the same city, it gives us more of an excuse to see each other! Plus, the "Lampligher" (our original idea for our reception place, and where our deposit is) is in her city, so it will give me a change to look at it again. It's a much bigger city than where I am from too, which means more than two dress stores, lol!! Plus I really did not want to go to Toronto to try on dresses. It's a lot closer, but I just absolutely hate driving there, and I figure those stores will be busier anyway.

Alright, I am off to make myself a Weightwatchers approved breakfast!

tiggerrifficheidi
06-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Oh, you're too funny! I think you should replace "celeb" with "DISboard addict" and that would about explain things! :lmao:

I really can't say with 100% certainty, but I've heard a lot of brides who do Trash the Dress shoots have it cleaned and everything comes out! Another idea is to do it in a swimming pool or fountain. Honestly, unless it's a delicate fabric where the chlorine would mess with the color...you're probably safe there.

My dress from Jan was FILTHY on the train. It never got bustled right, and people stepped on it. Plus, I drug it through the MK and Epcot. It had grease and other deep, dark marks on it. They all came out.

You'll have to do some research on the fabric you end up getting, but it might work!

BecBennett
06-30-2009, 06:11 AM
I want to do a trash the dress shoot too, I think it will come down to expense.
Where are you hoping to get photos taken?

Boardwalk_bride
06-30-2009, 10:54 AM
deleted

figment fan21
06-30-2009, 12:52 PM
You have to give me details on the trash the dress!!! How and when do you coordinate that with disney?? =)

dhay
06-30-2009, 01:30 PM
I loove the bold bright colors of the candlyland theme!

Boardwalk_bride
06-30-2009, 01:38 PM
deleted

figment fan21
06-30-2009, 04:52 PM
I honestly do not know much! I was just browsing through Randy's portfolio to show people his work, and I saw trash the dress shoots on there. All he said was that we need to do it in the AM so that we don't disturb too many guests who want to enjoy the pool! I'm guessing he does it with disney, or we do it behind their backs :rotfl:

Thanks, me too!!!

So, more updates/drama (well kinda drama). So our families are pretty upset that we told them we may not have a reception anymore, which made us upset. So I was going through all my planning stuff, and getting ready to throw out all the at home reception material, but I seriously could not do it. So I called the lamplighter (the fancy place on the first page) and asked them if I am allowed to move my date, and I CAN!!! There are quite a few saturdays open later in the summer. Now this can probably work. #1) It gives us way more time to save money and #2) We do not have to worry about being rushed from Florida, to Buffalo airport , to Guelph, on (our home), than to London, ON (our reception venue).

Just need to wait till DF gets home now so I can make sure he is cool with this....I don;t know how he puts up with me, since I change my mind every 2 minutes!!! Must be love :lovestruc

:lmao: I love that you said behind their backs! Amazing! I'm going to have to see if i can talk DF into this one! I may be pushing it alittle.... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry about the family drama, but i think its perfectly acceptable for any destination wedding bride to have her reception a few months after the wedding! if it'll make it easier on you guys go for it! :thumbsup2

disneygal922
07-06-2009, 10:27 AM
That's so fun you are doing a trash the dress shoot! As for the at home reception, I'm glad you will most likely get to have one. When Mike and I told my dad we were considering not doing one b/c we may not be able to afford it, he looked so disappointed. So we will definitely do one but it's going to be very casual and BBQ-esque. :)

figment fan21
07-06-2009, 05:36 PM
That's so fun you are doing a trash the dress shoot! As for the at home reception, I'm glad you will most likely get to have one. When Mike and I told my dad we were considering not doing one b/c we may not be able to afford it, he looked so disappointed. So we will definitely do one but it's going to be very casual and BBQ-esque. :)

Thats what we're doing too, just having a little out door party in our backyard with everyone who couldn't make it to disney. Not formalities like tossing the bouquet or speeches, just everyone celebrating the marriage. We didn't really want to do it either though but its worth it to make everyone happy... at least alittle bit! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you decided to do it

Boardwalk_bride
07-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Thats what we're doing too, just having a little out door party in our backyard with everyone who couldn't make it to disney. Not formalities like tossing the bouquet or speeches, just everyone celebrating the marriage. We didn't really want to do it either though but its worth it to make everyone happy... at least alittle bit! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you decided to do it

That's what I really want to do, but we don't own a house. We live in a downtown apartment, so we are really limited in space! The place where we are booked at now (the Lamplighter) is a really fancy hotel, so it is a fancy plated dinner, and very formal. It is a good value though...but it will be an extra almost $10000 on top of the DFTW, and we are both grad students (so we have been in school FOREVER, and really don't have a huge cash flow).

On a good note....I'm going for my first round of dress shopping tomorrow or wednesday! YAY It feels weird cause the wedding is still 8.5 months away, but apparently I am already behind :rotfl:

figment fan21
07-06-2009, 05:53 PM
That's what I really want to do, but we don't own a house. We live in a downtown apartment, so we are really limited in space! The place where we are booked at now (the Lamplighter) is a really fancy hotel, so it is a fancy plated dinner, and very formal. It is a good value though...but it will be an extra almost $10000 on top of the DFTW, and we are both grad students (so we have been in school FOREVER, and really don't have a huge cash flow).

Neither of our parents live in the same city as us either, so that is out too! My DF's brother and SIL just bought a huge old dt house close to us, with a big backyard, so I might try asking them. They offered to throw us a shower (yes we are having a joint one), so I wonder if a reception is an option too? I might look into is, since I am really uncomfortable with paying so much for the other option.

On a good note....I'm going for my first round of dress shopping tomorrow or wednesday! YAY It feels weird cause the wedding is still 8.5 months away, but apparently I am already behind :rotfl:

:scared: Another 10000$ not good! I would totally ask about having the reception at their house. We are thinking about renting some nice white tents and tables and chair to put outside for everyone and here it's only going to cost us about 500$ to do. It doesn't hurt to ask! :thumbsup2

And :woohoo: for dress shopping! take tons of pictures!

ghoulish delight
07-07-2009, 02:54 AM
Hi there! :wave2: Just read through all your plans so far!

I love your candyland theme idea, and your shoes are positively amazing!! :thumbsup2 Also, I may be the weirdo here in my choice but I think dress 1 of the second post you made about gowns is beautiful!

Looking forward to reading more!

Boardwalk_bride
07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
deleted

figment fan21
07-08-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks!! I love that one too, and it is good to know that someone likes it!:goodvibes

I'm going to London today to visit my MOH (ontario, not england, lol!) so I will try on some dresses today!! I heard a lot of these stores do not allow pics though, and I haven't lost the proper weight yet :mad: so we will see how it goes.

I"M SO EXCITED TO START TRYING ON DRESSES!!! YAY 5 hours to go!

Oh yay for trying on dresses!!! :banana:

You have to try and sneak in some pictures! Can't wait to read all about it!popcorn::

Boardwalk_bride
07-08-2009, 03:15 PM
WOW! Dress shopping is wayyyy harder than I thought it would be!! The stores are so confusing, and the gowns are so heavy!
So I went to London (ontario) yesterday to visit my MOH and start shopping. It started out okay, than got bad, than worse, than amazing!

The first place we went too was okay, and it had dresses that I either posted on here, or looked similar to them. Now, I thought this type of dress (empire waist A-line) would be super flattering. It really wasn't, on me anyway. So I began to get really upset, because now I had to start over again with styles. Anyway, we went around London looking at different stores. Some were soooo brutal! At the third one, the lady picked out a bunch of gowns for me, put them in the change room, and told me to go try them on. My MOH and I walked in there, and looked at them, and I was like "these look like my grandma's curtains" :rotfl: SO we laughed for like 5 minutes than got the heck out of there!!

So we were about to give up, when MOH decided we should try one last store. I used to live in London, so I know which areas are good and bad, and didn't want to go to this one because I thought it was a sketchy area. Anyways, we pull up, and the window displays were STUNNING!!! There were 6 dresses in the window, and one stuck out to me that I had on my "dresses I like" page that I saved on my computer awhile ago. It was so gorgeous, but I figured it wouldn't look good on me, so we went in and picked out ther gowns.

After trying on about 4 of them, I was ready to start crying. None of them looked good at all. So while I was changing, my MOH asked the lady to get the dress I liked out of the window display, so I could try that one. Reluctantly, I put it on.....and it was MAGIC. I swear, I thought it would make me look like a fat balloon, but it did the opposite! It was seriously like that moment in the movies where we were all like "this is it"!!!!! I was sooo happy....until I looked at the price tag. The DEPOSIT alone was more than my ENTIRE budget!!!!!:sad1:

So we went back to her apartment to talk about it. We kept looking it up online, and I called DF to tell him about it (and how much extra I would have to spend). After many rounds of sparkling wine, we decided we would go back the next morning (this morning) and try it again. So we went back, I put it on, and I just KNEW i had to have it. It is THE dress. It is ME, it is girly, fun and different. My MOH took a few pics, but she hasn't sent them yet, so here is the ones from online (it is by Pronovias):

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/mydress2.jpg

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/mydress.png
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/mydress3.jpg

It was so expensive, but it makes me so happy just looking at it!!! The bad thing (well kind bad) is that it makes me want to keep the fancy reception! :rotfl:

Anyway, if anyone reading this lives in Southwestern Ontario, I definitely recommend going to this place! It is called Nicholas and Elizabeth Bridal, in London, ON. It is like a boutique from a wedding movie, it is so adorable, and the women there are soo helpful and friendly! Plus they have all the latest dresses (mine is from the 2010 line)

Anyway, I hope other people like it as well...sorry for the long explanation of dress shopping!!!

Only a few more weeks until I can finally book DFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

figment fan21
07-08-2009, 04:21 PM
:eek: OMG that dress is AMAZING!!!!!

I LOVE it!!! :love: I can't wait to see the pics of you in it!!! Good job hun!

disdancer
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Your dress is absolutely stunning! You'll look gorgous on your big day! :)

disneygal922
07-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Wow that dress is stunning! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see the pics of you in it. I'm sure you will look just breathtaking! :goodvibes

pezaddict231
07-08-2009, 06:41 PM
Wow, love that dress!

Pirate's Princess
07-08-2009, 09:46 PM
That dress is gorgeous

ghoulish delight
07-08-2009, 10:08 PM
Nice work! That dress is stunning!!! :love: Looking forward to seeing the photos of you with it on!! :bride:

Boardwalk_bride
07-09-2009, 08:41 AM
:eek: OMG that dress is AMAZING!!!!!

I LOVE it!!! :love: I can't wait to see the pics of you in it!!! Good job hun!

Your dress is absolutely stunning! You'll look gorgous on your big day! :)

Wow that dress is stunning! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see the pics of you in it. I'm sure you will look just breathtaking! :goodvibes

Wow, love that dress!

That dress is gorgeous

Nice work! That dress is stunning!!! :love: Looking forward to seeing the photos of you with it on!! :bride:

Awww, thanks everyone!!! I hate that I can't see it again until like February:sad1: I guess most people have to go through that though!

MainStMandy
07-09-2009, 09:34 AM
OMG that is just gorgeous!! Can't wait to see pics of you IN it!!!:banana:

ghoulish delight
07-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Awww, thanks everyone!!! I hate that I can't see it again until like February:sad1: I guess most people have to go through that though!

Ouch! I know how you feel! :sad1: I've not seen my gown since March, and I probably won't be seeing it until... hmm.. October?? So painful! You feel like you're losing a friend! Lol!

polynesianbride
07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
That dress is stunning! I can't wait to see the pics of it on you:love: I also blew my budget with my dress but once you put on THE dress you just have to get it... I waited 6 months after I found mine searching for another but in the end I bought the overpriced dress I love and don't think I will ever regret it! Congrats!

Boardwalk_bride
07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
deleted

CDNTech
07-10-2009, 08:16 PM
You can do appetizers at a Dessert Party instead of dessert... maybe you can do the same at Sago Cay?

Pirate's Princess
07-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Don't despair! Lots of brides here get custom menus...from casual (hot dogs/hamburgers) to gourmet. They can recreate pretty much any dish you want (as long as you can pay ;) )

Boardwalk_bride
07-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Don't despair! Lots of brides here get custom menus...from casual (hot dogs/hamburgers) to gourmet. They can recreate pretty much any dish you want (as long as you can pay ;) )

That's what I thought. I don't know if it's my planner, or the fact that I am doing an Escape, but they seem pretty set on us using something from that menu. I can ask if we can use a rehearsal menu, but I have a bad feeling!! I also really don't want to pay that much for food, when I know we can go to restaurants and get the same type of meal (with more options) for wayyyy less!! I guess I will keep trying for now, but I am looking for backups in the mean time!

disneygal922
07-13-2009, 09:24 AM
Have you thought about having your reception in the Napa room at the Cali Grill? I've seen a few ladies around here do that. You can definitely see the fireworks from there if you have a late reception and the food is amazing there! Although, I might be a little biased b/c that's where our reception is :laughing: Sorry this is so frustrating:hug:

Boardwalk_bride
07-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Have you thought about having your reception in the Napa room at the Cali Grill? I've seen a few ladies around here do that. You can definitely see the fireworks from there if you have a late reception and the food is amazing there! Although, I might be a little biased b/c that's where our reception is :laughing: Sorry this is so frustrating:hug:

I thought about it...but I am really not a fan of the contemporary, and neither is DF.

I think our big problem right now is that we do not know for sure if we want to have an at home reception. If we do, I have no problem just going to Raglan Road or Ohanas in WDW, and keep it casual. But if this will be our only wedding event, I want a more formal reception. So, I guess we need to decide soon what we are doing.

The only reason I want the at-home reception is because of my candyland theme, and I want to show of me dress :rotfl:. I don't know if that is enough to justify such a big event and cost. Plus it isn't really technically "at home" since that place we booked is in London, Ontario, which is 1.5 hours away.

Boardwalk_bride
07-15-2009, 04:01 PM
deleted

disneygal922
07-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Yay for decisions.:cool1: Bummer about the candyland theme but like you said, it's not enough of a reason to spend major $$$ on a reception. Maybe you could incorporate it into your Disney reception?

When I was talking with my planner about our rehearsal dinner, she said that if we want a restaurant it would need to be the first seating (i think she said around 5) or the last seating (around 9-930 i think). So if that's the case I don't see why any of those restaurants would not be able to accommodate your party. What time is your ceremony again? I wish I could put my 2 cents in on the restaurants but unfortunately, I've only been to Raglan Road. It was very nice and delicious, if that helps at all:laughing:

figment fan21
07-15-2009, 04:31 PM
I'm glad you're closer to a decision! sounds great! I've never eaten at Kona but Jiko is Awesome!!!

Boardwalk_bride
07-15-2009, 04:36 PM
deleted

figment fan21
07-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Love the colors!!!! And i can't wait to see how your crinny comes out!

disneygal922
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Wow, I never would have thought to put those colors together. They look fantastic and will definitely still work with a candyland theme incorporated. :goodvibes good luck with the crinnie dying. I wish my dress had a crinnie for me to dye. :laughing:

ghoulish delight
07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Those colors are fantastic together!! Awesome choice! :thumbsup2 And I'm excited to see the aqua crinnie!

MainStMandy
07-16-2009, 03:27 PM
WOW!! I love those colors!! Very unique and pretty!!

And I just have to put my vote in for Jiko...the Crispy Savannah rolls are to die for!!

Boardwalk_bride
07-16-2009, 06:43 PM
deleted

BecBennett
07-16-2009, 07:33 PM
We decided we will 100% have a DP. Since we are not going to go with the at-home reception, we figure we have extra money to spend, and we really want to do it!! Plus, we found out there are "non-dessert" options, so we can add cheese and spring rolls, etc, instead of brownies, etc (we like salty, cheesy food more than sweet food).

That's great that you've decided on a DP, I'm hoping for one as well, but only time and the budget will tell! :laughing:

We have decided to cut out our at home reception. I am sad about loosing my Candyland theme, but it is not enough of a reason to pay thousands, and thousands of dollars for an event that I don't really want to have. There are some family members that are really keen on us having it, but they are not the ones offering any money, and we should not be expected to pay $10000 to make them happy.

That's exactly right! I'm thinking instead of an AHR I'm going to organise for a select few people to come out to dinner with us at a nice restaurant. Only invite the people who I really regret can't make it to the wedding, and they can't make it for genuine reasons.

None of those people who think my dream wedding is stupid... (Yes I'm talking to you DF's aunty!!)

She doesn't read the boards, but I feel I've made my point :lmao:

BTW, your colours are awesome!

Boardwalk_bride
07-16-2009, 10:01 PM
That's exactly right! I'm thinking instead of an AHR I'm going to organise for a select few people to come out to dinner with us at a nice restaurant. Only invite the people who I really regret can't make it to the wedding, and they can't make it for genuine reasons.

That's a good idea....I told DF that, and we have a new great plan! We have a favourite restaurant in the city in which we live! I was originally introduced to it by my old roomate (who is one of my MOH's) and DF and I went there on our first date, and have been back countless times since (they know us by name :laughing:) They have a private area for 40 there, and we can easily to that! Plus, we just moved downtown, and it is right across from our apartment, which is super convenient, and it is spicy Latin American food....my fav!!!:lovestruc They also have this awesome banana torte dessert, which we can totally use as a 2nd wedding cake....:banana:

None of those people who think my dream wedding is stupid... (Yes I'm talking to you DF's aunty!!)
!

HAHHHAHAHHA I love it! Yah, people get pretty questionable about a disney wedding....I think they have the wrong impression!!!

People are so confused when I tell them I am getting married there....cause I don't really watch disney movies, or cartoons (besides Family Guy....so not disney like!), and have only been to WDW twice...once which I can barely remember. It is hard to explain to them that is is about the fact that we fell in complete love with the boardwalk!!! (they still think mickey and minnie will be everywhere :rotfl:)

Thanks for the inspiration!!! It is definitely an idea that we will work on!

BecBennett
07-16-2009, 11:45 PM
That's perfect! Glad to help!

MainStMandy
07-17-2009, 08:21 AM
People are so confused when I tell them I am getting married there....cause I don't really watch disney movies, or cartoons (besides Family Guy....so not disney like!), and have only been to WDW twice...once which I can barely remember. It is hard to explain to them that is is about the fact that we fell in complete love with the boardwalk!!! (they still think mickey and minnie will be everywhere :rotfl:)

Thanks for the inspiration!!! It is definitely an idea that we will work on!

OMG I get that too... Why in the world do people think just because it's Disney it will be this wierd cartoonish wedding? I always tell people that if I showed them pictures they would never know it was Walt Disney World!

disneygal922
07-17-2009, 10:19 AM
HI! :wave2: That's so exciting you decided to definitely do a dessert party! woohoo!!:cool1: Have you thought of your options for a location for this yet?

I know our weddings are super close to each other, what is your date again?

Boardwalk_bride
07-17-2009, 10:21 AM
HI! :wave2: That's so exciting you decided to definitely do a dessert party! woohoo!!:cool1: Have you thought of your options for a location for this yet?

I know our weddings are super close to each other, what is your date again?

I think our dessert party will have to be in Morocco, since we are doing an Escape...which is fine with me since I think it is very well themed!

My wedding is April 15th, although it is not officially booked until August! I'm excited that I have someone else going at the same time to be excited with, especially when it gets closer!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Boardwalk_bride
07-17-2009, 10:27 AM
OMG I get that too... Why in the world do people think just because it's Disney it will be this wierd cartoonish wedding? I always tell people that if I showed them pictures they would never know it was Walt Disney World!

One of my classmates, who is an older woman from France (so not to judge all French people, but she definitely had that "attitude":rotfl:) was so rude when I was talking about is being is disney. Anyway, one day we were in class, and my background pic on my laptop is this:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/BW_EST_1_998.jpg

So she said to me, "Wow, that is so beautiful,every place should look like that" (We are in masters of planning (as in town and city planning), so we are harsh critics of places)...when I told her it was disney,the look on her face was priceless!!! It was def a high point for me:laughing:

disneygal922
07-17-2009, 10:45 AM
I think our dessert party will have to be in Morocco, since we are doing an Escape...which is fine with me since I think it is very well themed!

My wedding is April 15th, although it is not officially booked until August! I'm excited that I have someone else going at the same time to be excited with, especially when it gets closer!!! :banana::banana::banana:

We are flying in on the morning of April 15th!! Hopefully, I'll be able to catch a glimpse of your wedding! I'm also excited our dates are so close together! And to have someone to be excited with!:banana:

I've seen some pics around here of Morocco DPs and they are all fantastic! :goodvibes

DisneyMoB
07-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Hi there

Just caught up with your PJ. I adore your dress - when can we see photos of you trying it on? It's w-a-y too nice to trash :scared:

I really liked the candyland theme, but love the cherry and aqua one too :love: Did you make up the inspiration board yourself?

Looking forward to reading more.
x

Boardwalk_bride
07-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi there

Just caught up with your PJ. I adore your dress - when can we see photos of you trying it on? It's w-a-y too nice to trash :scared:

I really liked the candyland theme, but love the cherry and aqua one too :love: Did you make up the inspiration board yourself?

Looking forward to reading more.
x

Thanks!!! Yah, my dress ended up being WAY over budget, so I don't think I can trash a dress that costs as much as I paid for my car (sadly I am serious).

I love the candy land theme, but that was only for the at-home reception. I was never really a fan of the whole at home reception thing, so it was a way for me to make it more fun. Now that I think we have tossed that idea out, we are just sticking to the aqua and cherry in WDW (but I will still try and add in some candyland ideas!!)

Boardwalk_bride
07-22-2009, 11:24 AM
deleted

MainStMandy
07-22-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow!! Everything sounds wonderful. I have to admit I'm a bit jealous ;) Your plans are definitley unique and sound like so much fun!!

disneygal922
07-22-2009, 12:02 PM
YAY for decisions!!:cheer2: I've never been to Flying Fish (and unfortunately don't even know where it is at) but it sounds nice! That's awesome that you'll be able to have some extra time with Randy! I think we will have about an hour extra with Misty which I'm really excited about! :goodvibes I also think moving the time up is a great idea! More time to enjoy your day! :thumbsup2

Michelle2010
07-22-2009, 12:56 PM
The plan sounds fantastic! You have chosen some great Disney elements for you and your guests to enjoy. I'm sure the last month until you can book will fly by.

Boardwalk_bride
07-23-2009, 01:51 PM
deleted

MainStMandy
07-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok, so I think I found a way to somewhat keep my "Candyland" theme. I found a really cool wedding, that had a "carnival" theme! I think this would look amazing since our ceremony and wedding are on the boardwalk, and flying fish is "carnival" themed. YAY...I'm so excited!! This way I kind of get to keep my candy theme, but it makes more sense!!! Here is the my inspiration link if anyone wants the check it out:

http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/2009/06/real-wedding-doug-paiges-fun-carnival.html

It is seriously the coolest wedding ever!!! They already have my colours too! I am really love the brides hair, so I am going to try and have mine done that way as well!! Oh, and I love the bouquet and boutonniere!!!

I am have second thoughts about booking Beaute Speciale. I really think they do a great job, but am a bit worried. I booked them because I want to look somewhat made up, since I wear makeup everyday (I honestly have over 75 MAC eyeshadows...I haven't counted in awhile though). But now I am thinking that maybe it is too made up. Plus, I really like the way the hair is more natural and less prom looking. I'll wait on this for a bit though!!

Ok first of all I love that inspiration page!! Those lollipops are AWESOME!! The colors are amazing too!

I will tell you I had the same thought about Beaute Speciale. I know they get a lot of really great recommendations on here but I just couldn't get past their portfolio. I have decided to go with On Site Beauty. Her pics looked great plus she uses Bed Head and Bare Minerals which was a plus. I say keep looking until your are comfortable with your decision.

Boardwalk_bride
07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Ok first of all I love that inspiration page!! Those lollipops are AWESOME!! The colors are amazing too!

I will tell you I had the same thought about Beaute Speciale. I know they get a lot of really great recommendations on here but I just couldn't get past their portfolio. I have decided to go with On Site Beauty. Her pics looked great plus she uses Bed Head and Bare Minerals which was a plus. I say keep looking until your are comfortable with your decision.

Ah!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE bare minerals.....I am a HUGE makeup snob (aka my MAC collection) and the only foundation I will use is the bare mineral powder!!! Do you have a link for their website?? And I love Bed Head...I normally don't splurge on their products, but I bought a hair waver the other day when it was on sale, and it is magical!

MainStMandy
07-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Ah!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE bare minerals.....I am a HUGE makeup snob (aka my MAC collection) and the only foundation I will use is the bare mineral powder!!! Do you have a link for their website?? And I love Bed Head...I normally don't splurge on their products, but I bought a hair waver the other day when it was on sale, and it is magical!

Sure!!

http://onsitebeauty.com/

I spoke with Janet, who was great!! I am having my trial in September so I will let you know how it goes!!

disneygal922
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM
so i totally LOVE the carnival theme! It looks like so much fun! I wish I could comment on the make up situation but alas i never wear makeup unless i'm in a wedding. I'm having Patricia LeJuene do my hair and make up b/c everyone i've seen who has had her looks very natural! However, I'm sure Beaute Speciale will make you look fabulous and do what you ask them to do! :goodvibes I know alot of ladies around here who've used them and they all look gorgeous! Just make sure you have an inspiration pic available! :thumbsup2

Michelle2010
07-23-2009, 03:46 PM
I love the carnival theme! It would fit well at the boardwalk and I really like the colours. Will you have the candy stall?

Boardwalk_bride
07-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Sure!!

http://onsitebeauty.com/

I spoke with Janet, who was great!! I am having my trial in September so I will let you know how it goes!!

I just checked out the website. I think she is on disneys list, I remember seeing it along time ago! I love her portfolio pics, and the prices are great, with the exception of the MK ones (clearly she is not a morning person:rotfl:). I think I will do my own for MK anyway!

so i totally LOVE the carnival theme! It looks like so much fun! I wish I could comment on the make up situation but alas i never wear makeup unless i'm in a wedding. I'm having Patricia LeJuene do my hair and make up b/c everyone i've seen who has had her looks very natural! However, I'm sure Beaute Speciale will make you look fabulous and do what you ask them to do! :goodvibes I know alot of ladies around here who've used them and they all look gorgeous! Just make sure you have an inspiration pic available! :thumbsup2

Thanks!! I am just soooo picky! I NEVER get my makeup done, just my hair, since I do a pretty good job:rotfl:, but I don't want to do my own on my wedding day, just due to nerves, etc.

I love the carnival theme! It would fit well at the boardwalk and I really like the colours. Will you have the candy stall?

Thanks, me too! I don't think boardwalk will let me put up a candy stall! Plus, I cannot afford it....but I am sure there is enough already in place to fit my theme!

figment fan21
07-23-2009, 04:07 PM
OMG I'm so excited for you!!!
I love that inspiration stuff! VERY COOL! You could have your photographer take pics of you guys playing the games at the boardwalk and stuff!! I love the idea of having lunch/brunch at FF! I'm still trying to talk DF into it but i'm waiting for the opertune moment (as capt Jack would say!)

I can't wait to see your wedding pics they're going to be awesome!

tiggerrifficheidi
07-23-2009, 04:22 PM
That is a great theme! And it's amazing how the colors match the ones you picked out! What a great find!

Also, fyi, Patricia LeJeune used MAC with us. I thought she did a pretty good job of "natural." And she does MK hair/makeup, if you change your mind.

Boardwalk_bride
07-23-2009, 04:29 PM
OMG I'm so excited for you!!!
I love that inspiration stuff! VERY COOL! You could have your photographer take pics of you guys playing the games at the boardwalk and stuff!! I love the idea of having lunch/brunch at FF! I'm still trying to talk DF into it but i'm waiting for the opertune moment (as capt Jack would say!)

I can't wait to see your wedding pics they're going to be awesome!

HAHAHHAHAAH I love LOVE Jack!!!!! How many people are you having, the min is low, and it is a pretty casual feel!

That is a great theme! And it's amazing how the colors match the ones you picked out! What a great find!

Also, fyi, Patricia LeJeune used MAC with us. I thought she did a pretty good job of "natural." And she does MK hair/makeup, if you change your mind.

Thanks!! Yah, you are one of the people pulling me towards Patricia. I really LOVED your hair and makeup in your MK shoots (your wedding as well). I'm sure she can pile on more eye makeup for me if I ask. I don't want to look trashy, but like I said, I wear makeup everyday, and I love me some eyeliner!!
I think her lashes are amazing though!!!! And yours looked great!

honey2741
07-24-2009, 08:16 AM
Sounds like your plans are coming along quite smoothly. Yay you!! I'm doing a brunch menu too. It works out well cost wise. I can't wait to read more about your plans.

Boardwalk_bride
07-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Okay, so I have MORE updates (which clearly shows how uneventful my summer has been.....)

I have found so many wonderful hair pictures, and was struggling to choose whether I should have my hair up or down. I recently found this picture though, and it was one of those "that is the one" moments:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/hair2.png

I think it goes well with the fun carnival theme as well!

I also have chosen what I would like our floral to look like. I am really not a flower person, so this was hard. I always tell DF not to waste money on buying me flowers for special occasions (instead he gets me wine :lol ) so you can see how this isn't really something I am good at, or even care too much about. Anyway, I found some that I actually like.

My bouquet:
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/flowers22.png

Bridesmaid bouquet:
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/flowers23.png

And boutonniere:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/groom.jpg

And that is it for flowers! I don't want them in centerpieces, or anywhere else! And speaking of centerpieces, here are two that we are deciding between:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/center2.png

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/center.png

Finally, Df was in charge of picking out the cake. He found one he likes, that goes well with our colour scheme and theme:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/cake4.png
(we will only use the middle layers)

I feel bad because a lot of these photos are copied from an online wedding blog I found.....but really I don't think they will ever know!!!

I cannot really think of much else to update with right now. I am still trying to decide who to use for hair/makeup. I have already booked Beaute Speciale, but am starting to feel like it was a bad choice (for me).....I think I may look through other people's recaps to see pics and who they used!

figment fan21
07-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I love everything! I was telling DF about your carnival themes wedding the other day! I think its awesome!

Those bouquets are beautiful! I am a gerber daisy fan!

The cake with those two tiers will be beautiful and the gum ball filled centerpieces are so different!! I really can't wait to see how everything comes out on your wedding day!

pezaddict231
07-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Love those pics and it's okay to "borrow" ideas, they will never know. :thumbsup2

I completely understand your concern about Beaute Speciale based on their website pics, I also preferred Patricia LeJune's work from what I saw on here. I booked Beaute Speciale for my engagement shoot since their pricing was better and they didn't charge a travel fee. I didn't want to spend a ton because at that point we weren't sure if we were having a Disney wedding yet. I was really happy with how my make-up turned out. I told Ana I wanted a natural but glamourous look and she really made it happen. I don't think my make-up has ever looked so good! DF was also very pleased! :lovestruc

Of course, you need to do what you'll be comfortable with, but I really was pleasantly surprised and hope to book her for my wedding.

Pirate's Princess
07-26-2009, 05:17 PM
I love love love that hairstyle. It's so beautiful

Boardwalk_bride
07-26-2009, 05:32 PM
I love love love that hairstyle. It's so beautiful

Thanks!! I just tried to do it on myself, but since I have straight hair, and I didn't feel like curing it, and the side ponytail is a bit high, I look like Napoleon Dynamite's girlfriend...lol. I would take a picture, but I haven't replaced my stolen camera yet :sad2:

ghoulish delight
07-27-2009, 03:45 AM
That carnival theme idea is fabulous!! I love everything about it! It'll be so colorful and fun! :cutie:

honey2741
07-27-2009, 06:37 AM
Love your carnival theme. It is SO you and your personality. Can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Boardwalk_bride
07-27-2009, 07:31 AM
That carnival theme idea is fabulous!! I love everything about it! It'll be so colorful and fun! :cutie:

Love your carnival theme. It is SO you and your personality. Can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2

Aww, thanks ladies!!:cutie:

I am a bit worried it may be childish, but I think the cake and flowers help a bit to make it more grown up!! (I hope)

figment fan21
07-27-2009, 07:52 AM
NO! Its definatly not childish! Its fun!!! Honestly evertime i think about having a disney wedding i think... this is something people will remember. I love weddings that are unconventional and unique and themed. I mean honestly who remembers the ones that are boring and traditional? There isn't anything that stands out about them. They're all the same, just different color schemes really.

People are going to LOVE your theme! I was thinking your inviations could look like big raffle tickets! That would be so cool!

MainStMandy
07-27-2009, 08:19 AM
Oh wow!! I love everything!! That cake is fantastic. I love how bright and fun it all is...goes very well with the Boardwalk!! Great job!!

GoonieBride
07-27-2009, 04:10 PM
WOW! you have such great creativity! the themes you came up with are soo different and unique. really making me think of changing my theme. lol :idea:

but looking forward for more!!:surfweb:

Boardwalk_bride
07-31-2009, 12:30 PM
So now that we are about two weeks away from booking, the major guest stress has begun.

Edited!

MainStMandy
07-31-2009, 12:38 PM
So now that we are about two weeks away from booking, the major guest stress has begun.

Now all of a sudden, ALL of df's family is witching (with a b) that we are putting them in such a bad spot, since now they have to all budget for the wedding, blah blah blah.....WHY NOW??? Yes, this is happened here and there over the past few months, but now everyone is getting super mad!

We have said from the beginning that to us, this is an elopement, with invites (if that makes sense). Yes, it would be nice to have other people there, but we only care that WE are happy on OUR wedding day (this may sound harsh, but you must understand we are not very close with our families).

Now we don't know what to do. Do I want to cancel disney? No, of course not. But do I want to deal with all this stress leading up to it, and probably on the day with these people, no. I have no idea what to do!! Has anyone else been through this...any advice? Out of 17 ppl, we have only 5 supporters :sad2:

No you aren't the only one!! I am in a similar position (with my side, not Df's). I really only care that Df,our parents are there, my brother (our officiant!) and my grandmother. It's not that I don't care if anyone else goes, it's just not the end of the world.

You have to stick by what you want! If both Df and yourself want the DIsney wedding, then do it!!!:hug: We are to support you!

Boardwalk_bride
07-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Thank you!! I don't wish bad things on other disbrides, but it is nice that others know what I am going through! This is the ONLY place I want to get married, and DF as well. It just feels right....I just wish everyone else could understand. (We were actually told we are "Canada-haters" by a school friend, since we are getting married in the US....people are crazy...it's not my fault WDW is not in Canada :rotfl:)

disneygal922
07-31-2009, 01:17 PM
Oh Karen, I'm sorry you are going through this. :hug: If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure we've all gone through it. It took a while for DF's family to get on board and I was getting really upset and considered just doing something really small here at home. Also, my grandma still does not acknowledge DF's presence and refuses to believe i'm getting married. She says I'm making the biggest mistake of my life. :sad2: Oh and that I'm being selfish by considering getting married somewhere other than Chicago. Anyway, just please know we are all supportive around here and you need to do what will make YOU happy not your family. Once DF's family understood our reasonings they were on board. This is YOUR day, not theirs. They have had or will have their days that they can decide what's right for them. Also, consider this, if it was them considering a destination wedding and you were unsure you'd be able to make it, do you think they would change their plans? i know my family wouldn't. It will all work out, I promise. It always does!:hug:

Boardwalk_bride
07-31-2009, 01:22 PM
Oh Karen, I'm sorry you are going through this. :hug: If it helps at all, I'm pretty sure we've all gone through it. It took a while for DF's family to get on board and I was getting really upset and considered just doing something really small here at home. Also, my grandma still does not acknowledge DF's presence and refuses to believe i'm getting married. She says I'm making the biggest mistake of my life. :sad2: Oh and that I'm being selfish by considering getting married somewhere other than Chicago. Anyway, just please know we are all supportive around here and you need to do what will make YOU happy not your family. Once DF's family understood our reasonings they were on board. This is YOUR day, not theirs. They have had or will have their days that they can decide what's right for them. Also, consider this, if it was them considering a destination wedding and you were unsure you'd be able to make it, do you think they would change their plans? i know my family wouldn't. It will all work out, I promise. It always does!:hug:

Oh, thank you so much!! And if something does go wrong, I least I can find you there to talk to!! :rotfl: I think we would REALLY regret not doing it in the end so I just need to find a way to not let the haters bug me! Thanks again:flower3:

figment fan21
07-31-2009, 06:48 PM
you are NOT the only one!! I'm so sorry you're going through this... :hug: DF and I just got into a fight about how we're trying to do a home reception for the people in our lives who are being unsupportive and at one point i just said "ya know what lets just say forget it and get married here and make everyone happy." the second I heard myself say it i knew that was just terrible. I got really upset and DF said "nope this is about us and not only do you want it but i absolutly what it too! so we're doing it and (bad word) everyone else!"

You need to do what makes you guys happy. Honestly i feel like weddings have become wayyyy to crazy. its about the man and the women who want to spend the rest of their lives together. Not about the amount of money spent, or how big the guest list is, or inviting the friends of the friends of the family. Its about you and your DF and if a disney wedding is what makes you guys happy thats it. The only thing that changes after the wedding is last names (if you chose to) and that the ms. turns to mrs. I dont understand why so many people get freaked out about people who want to have an intimate wedding with just themselves and close family and friends. But i digress and i'm getting off of my soap box now. :rolleyes:

Don't let people get you and your man down sweetie! Keep your head up and make your wedding the nicest it can be for no one else but the two of you. :hug:

Pirate's Princess
07-31-2009, 07:40 PM
I agree with everyone. I love the way you described it as an elopement with people. If they are not there it's not the end o the world and just focus on that

Boardwalk_bride
07-31-2009, 08:09 PM
Thanks again everyone!

Okay, for some good news. I won the cake cutter I REALLY wanted off ebay, and got it for about half the retail price! Here it is:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/bPY-CSLBTRI.png

I have also worked up the courage to post pics of me in my dress. (but now it's taken off!!)

Wish on a Star
07-31-2009, 08:30 PM
YOU LOOK AMAZING IN YOUR DRESS! Even if you dont lose any weight- you still would look amazing!

tiggerrifficheidi
08-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I love the dress! Who's it from? It really looks great!

honey2741
08-01-2009, 07:41 AM
What are you talking about?! You look awesome in the dress!!! :goodvibes Whether or not you decide to lose weight or not, that dress looks absolutely beautiful on you. I love your creativity. What a cool cake cutter. You are my model for uniqueness and creativity. Ebay you say...what type of key words did you use? I hope you feel better and enjoy the celebration. Your wedding is going to ROCK! :thumbsup2

MainStMandy
08-01-2009, 07:50 AM
OMG you look amazing in your dress!! I agree with everyone else...you don't need to lose weight. BUT I Totally understand how you feel since I want to lose about 15 more lbs before our wedding. I love your dress though :)

figment fan21
08-01-2009, 08:46 AM
I LOVE your dress! so pretty!

And your cake cutter is the same one i've been looking for! I'm gonna have to get on ebay for that!

Boardwalk_bride
08-01-2009, 09:34 AM
YOU LOOK AMAZING IN YOUR DRESS! Even if you dont lose any weight- you still would look amazing!

Thank you so much! I just realized I have my bra straps showing too in that pic....like I said, I was barely alive that day.

I love the dress! Who's it from? It really looks great!

What are you talking about?! You look awesome in the dress!!! :goodvibes Whether or not you decide to lose weight or not, that dress looks absolutely beautiful on you. I love your creativity. What a cool cake cutter. You are my model for uniqueness and creativity. Ebay you say...what type of key words did you use? I hope you feel better and enjoy the celebration. Your wedding is going to ROCK! :thumbsup2

Oh wow, thank you so much! I think your planning is unique as well though, and you gave the Flying FIsh idea, which I LOVE. I knew what cake cutter I was looking for, someone posted it in Lurkeyloo's planning journal (although I don't think she used it). It is by "Pylones". They have really cute stuff!

OMG you look amazing in your dress!! I agree with everyone else...you don't need to lose weight. BUT I Totally understand how you feel since I want to lose about 15 more lbs before our wedding. I love your dress though :)

Thank you :goodvibes The other part of the weight thing is also that fact that we are staying at the BC (because of the pool) and I want to enjoy the pool and not worry about what I look like!

I LOVE your dress! so pretty!

And your cake cutter is the same one i've been looking for! I'm gonna have to get on ebay for that!

Thanks!! There is actually a lot more choices on amazon, but they one that fit my colour scheme wasn't on there:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=pylones+cake+cutter&x=0&y=0

and the actual site to order them new:

http://www.pylones-usa.com/pylones/product.php?product=255&category=1

There is a really nice bright pink/light pink one, which if I remember right I think fits with your colour scheme!!

**I need to make a quick side note, since this has been bugging me. Everytime I spell "colour" or "favour", it shows that I am spelling it wrong. I'm Canadian, so that's the right way for me:rotfl: Just had to get that off my chest**

DisneyMoB
08-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Phew ...glad I got to see the dress before you take the picture down. You look absolutely beautiful.

GoonieBride
08-01-2009, 06:20 PM
Im sorry that your having issues with your fam. i think we all go through it at some point, it stinks, but they either deal or don't go. but i love how you explained it as an 'elopement with invites'. im tell my DF that one. :cutie:

I really like the dress!! it really very beautiful! i don't know what you looked like with brown hair but blond doesn't look that bad.

Boardwalk_bride
08-01-2009, 07:42 PM
Phew ...glad I got to see the dress before you take the picture down. You look absolutely beautiful.

Im sorry that your having issues with your fam. i think we all go through it at some point, it stinks, but they either deal or don't go. but i love how you explained it as an 'elopement with invites'. im tell my DF that one. :cutie:

I really like the dress!! it really very beautiful! i don't know what you looked like with brown hair but blond doesn't look that bad.

Thank you both :goodvibes I'm glad people like it!

So it is a long weekend, and since everyone but us seems to be out of town, DF and I are bored. We decided to go out and find some dye to do my crinnie. I have been looking for a light blue forever, so I was hoping today would bring better luck....well it didn't. So DF said why not just dye it red? Our colours are blue and red, and the bridal party is all in blue, so why not add it in. I decided he was right, and red would prob look pretty cool under the white, so we are dying it right now!!! I still haven't replaced my camera though, but I will post on whether or not it turned out!!

Wish me luck!

figment fan21
08-01-2009, 07:46 PM
oh man i am DYING to see this!!! (haha pun intended!)

I think the red is going to look amazing! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Boardwalk_bride
08-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Hhahah, nice, thanks!

I just figured out how to take pics with my webcam, so I can take some when it drys! I'm gonna go check on it now!

disneygal922
08-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Ahh You look so beautiful in your dress. :bride: While I agree with the others that you TOTALLY don't need to lose weight, I understand. My doc kept telling me I need to gain a few pounds (I had lost quite a bit after my mom passed away). I've gained it all back and then some. Now I just feel chubby most of the time so I understand wanting to lose a few pounds. :goodvibes

Also, I love the cake cutter. It is so cute! So glad you were able to find it on Ebay.:thumbsup2

Good luck with the crinnie dying. :wizard: Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I didn't even notice you spell color and favor, colour and favour. I guess I'm just used to seeing it spelt that way by so many people. I feel I spell things incorrectly all the time, so no worries!:goodvibes

Boardwalk_bride
08-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Ahh You look so beautiful in your dress. :bride: While I agree with the others that you TOTALLY don't need to lose weight, I understand. My doc kept telling me I need to gain a few pounds (I had lost quite a bit after my mom passed away). I've gained it all back and then some. Now I just feel chubby most of the time so I understand wanting to lose a few pounds. :goodvibes

Also, I love the cake cutter. It is so cute! So glad you were able to find it on Ebay.:thumbsup2

Good luck with the crinnie dying. :wizard: Can't wait to see how it turns out.

I didn't even notice you spell color and favor, colour and favour. I guess I'm just used to seeing it spelt that way by so many people. I feel I spell things incorrectly all the time, so no worries!:goodvibes

Thanks so much :goodvibes

Alright, the results are in, and (drum roll): My crinoline is light pink, :rotfl:. We are going to go back to walmart tomorrow, and buy 2 more red packs, and try again. I'll update tomorrow afternoon with the results!

ghoulish delight
08-02-2009, 05:22 PM
Aww, you look so beautiful and happy in your dress!!! :goodvibes Yeah, you definitely don't NEED to lose the weight! But I too can understand. The thing is, even though we already think you look gorgeous in it, you need to feel as though you do too. ::yes:: So I empathize! But just to reiterate, you do look stunning as is! :hug:

That cake server is adorable btw!

figment fan21
08-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Oh no!!! Your crinny is pink?! hahahaha I hope it gets more red with the extra dye! I can't wait to see how to comes out!

Boardwalk_bride
08-02-2009, 06:18 PM
Aww, you look so beautiful and happy in your dress!!! :goodvibes Yeah, you definitely don't NEED to lose the weight! But I too can understand. The thing is, even though we already think you look gorgeous in it, you need to feel as though you do too. ::yes:: So I empathize! But just to reiterate, you do look stunning as is! :hug:

That cake server is adorable btw!

Oh, thank you so much:goodvibes

Oh no!!! Your crinny is pink?! hahahaha I hope it gets more red with the extra dye! I can't wait to see how to comes out!

OMG, so we did it again with 2 packs of bright red dye, and it is still soft pink!!! DF thinks that is is because we were meant to have pink in our wedding (it is my fav colour) so he said it could be my something pink.:rotfl:
Either way, it needs to be done again since it is splotchy. I think I am going to try using liquid dye next time, and will do it in the bath tub.

So anyway, we have 2 options now...I need opinions!! We can stick with our current theme of red and blue (aqua) or, we can stick with that and add pink into it as well (like cotton candy pink). What do you ladies think? Here is an idea of what I mean:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/colours.png

The light pink would be more of an accent (like on my crinnie and some flowers) with the other 2 being the main colours. Or, I could try AGAIN to dye my crinnie red :rotfl:

figment fan21
08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Actually i kind of like that idea.... ALOT!!!!

Just sprinkle some light pink in certain places and there you go! Crinny, flowers, what color are your BM dresses going to be? You could do their jewelry in the light pink or something like that!

Boardwalk_bride
08-02-2009, 09:01 PM
Actually i kind of like that idea.... ALOT!!!!

Just sprinkle some light pink in certain places and there you go! Crinny, flowers, what color are your BM dresses going to be? You could do their jewelry in the light pink or something like that!

YAY, I'm glad you like it!!! My BM's are wearing blue, so we can add in some light pink for sure! Thanks for the idea :goodvibes

lpizzuro123
08-02-2009, 09:49 PM
I also wanted to dye my crinnie red. I purchased the crinnie, two bottles of Rit dye - I think the color was crimson but I am not sure. Did the whole washing machine dyeing thing and here is the color it came out.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/1d43a158.jpg

The only thing that came out red was the trim. I think it has to do with the material the crinnie is made of. I found a red crinnie online and was going to purchase it but then decided I liked the pink so I stuck with that one. It did not show up in many photos and it looked great.

Not sure if your crinnie will ever turn red depending on the material it is made out of.

Linda

DisneyMoB
08-03-2009, 06:34 AM
The whole dyeing thing seems to be like playing Russian Roulette .. you're never quite sure if you are going to get it :lmao:

My daughter and I decided to try dyeing my white veil ivory. Several times through the washing machine and a few hours later it hadn't picked up any colour at all. A bit of research :surfweb: and it seemed the problem was the material (as a previous poster said). The nylon type netting had to be cooked over a hot stove with a splash of vinegar added to the dye.

We tried this and it sure took the colour - but a bit too much. The veil ended up being a champagne ivory colour (for champagne read definite orange tint!). No amount of bleaching later has been able to return it to white. After never being washed in 32 years, the poor thing looks like a limp lettuce now due to being put through the washer at least 10 times :rotfl:

So, maybe you could consider re-trying with an 'acid dye', ie Rit powder + vinegar + boiling to get the red you want? Although I think your accent pink will work beautifully too.

MainStMandy
08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Oh I actually like those colors a lot too!!! If you have your heart settled on blue and pink, you probably could find a red one online

http://bridalpetticoat.com/images/301DSR_large.jpg

You could also dye it turqouise!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-03-2009, 10:31 AM
I also wanted to dye my crinnie red. I purchased the crinnie, two bottles of Rit dye - I think the color was crimson but I am not sure. Did the whole washing machine dyeing thing and here is the color it came out.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q136/lpizzuro123/1d43a158.jpg

The only thing that came out red was the trim. I think it has to do with the material the crinnie is made of. I found a red crinnie online and was going to purchase it but then decided I liked the pink so I stuck with that one. It did not show up in many photos and it looked great.

Not sure if your crinnie will ever turn red depending on the material it is made out of.

Linda

The whole dyeing thing seems to be like playing Russian Roulette .. you're never quite sure if you are going to get it :lmao:

My daughter and I decided to try dyeing my white veil ivory. Several times through the washing machine and a few hours later it hadn't picked up any colour at all. A bit of research :surfweb: and it seemed the problem was the material (as a previous poster said). The nylon type netting had to be cooked over a hot stove with a splash of vinegar added to the dye.

We tried this and it sure took the colour - but a bit too much. The veil ended up being a champagne ivory colour (for champagne read definite orange tint!). No amount of bleaching later has been able to return it to white. After never being washed in 32 years, the poor thing looks like a limp lettuce now due to being put through the washer at least 10 times :rotfl:

So, maybe you could consider re-trying with an 'acid dye', ie Rit powder + vinegar + boiling to get the red you want? Although I think your accent pink will work beautifully too.

Oh I actually like those colors a lot too!!! If you have your heart settled on blue and pink, you probably could find a red one online

http://bridalpetticoat.com/images/301DSR_large.jpg

You could also dye it turqouise!!

Thanks so much for all the advice ladies! Right now, mine is a nice colour pink, however, it is kind of blotchy, so I have to do it again either way. I thought I would just to it pink, but now I am tempted to try the boiling water with vinegar thing (I read that online as well) or just buy one already dyed. I really think the colour pink is my soul mate :rotfl:, but seeing the red crinnie posted above makes me want it!!!! My dress is off white, so I figured maybe red would look better? ahhhh, I don't know.

disneygal922
08-03-2009, 12:29 PM
mmmmm pink. i :lovestruc pink! I really like the idea of adding the pink accents and keeping the aqua and red theme! And if you do cotton candy pink it will go with your theme!!!:thumbsup2 good luck with the crinnie!

ghoulish delight
08-03-2009, 04:59 PM
I love love love the idea of adding the pink as an accent! :love: I think that would suit your carnival theme perfectly, and could be a super cute addition.

Michelle2010
08-04-2009, 07:05 AM
The dress is beautiful, it looks really good on you.

I think a red crinnie would be look great, try using the acid dye and heat rather than dye in the washing machine. Like my mum said, though, it is a bit of a lottery whether it works, I ended up buying a veil on Ebay but at least it was worth a try!

By the way, being English, the spelling thing annoys me too - I just add the 'u' wherever I deem appropriate and ignore the spellchecker!

Boardwalk_bride
08-04-2009, 02:38 PM
I love love love the idea of adding the pink as an accent! :love: I think that would suit your carnival theme perfectly, and could be a super cute addition.

mmmmm pink. i :lovestruc pink! I really like the idea of adding the pink accents and keeping the aqua and red theme! And if you do cotton candy pink it will go with your theme!!!:thumbsup2 good luck with the crinnie!

I think I will add in some pink for sure! It has been my fav colour for the past 24 years, so why not have it?? Plus, I really do think it suits the theme and existing colours.

The dress is beautiful, it looks really good on you.

I think a red crinnie would be look great, try using the acid dye and heat rather than dye in the washing machine. Like my mum said, though, it is a bit of a lottery whether it works, I ended up buying a veil on Ebay but at least it was worth a try!

By the way, being English, the spelling thing annoys me too - I just add the 'u' wherever I deem appropriate and ignore the spellchecker!

Thanks:goodvibes As much as I love pink, I really did want a red crinnie, just because it is such a shocking colour! Plus it might look better with the colour of my dress! I might try again with your advice, but I am scared I will end up with fuchsia instead of red!

I forgot that English people spell the same way!! So we share spelling, and a queen :rotfl:

Boardwalk_bride
08-04-2009, 08:55 PM
I am having some second thoughts about the cake. I really love our "carnival" theme, and I think it suits us, but I always pictured a more plain cake. Here is the one I wanted since day 1:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/cake3.jpg

I don't necessarily need the castle, I just love the shimmer of it. DF doesn't really care. He doesn't think it really suits us that much (we are not really elegant sparkly people, if that even makes sense) but I just love it!!! And all he really cares about is what goes inside!

Do you ladies think there is a way to make this more carnival-ish? Or should we just use it, and not care if it fits with the theme? Or use the one that does?

Carye
08-04-2009, 09:08 PM
I would go with something more carnival feeling...after all the cake is one of the few things people will remember from the day. Everything sounds great so far....good luck!!

MainStMandy
08-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I like that cake...but I agree that it doesn't fit your theme. I am having trouble when I think about the cake too. I mean if that's what you really want, that's what's important and it's a beautiful cake!!

What about a fun white cake but with something like a lollipop cake topper that is bright and colorful?

ghoulish delight
08-04-2009, 09:25 PM
I agree that the cake is lovely, but I think you're right about it not being right for your theme. The thing is, there are so many traditional wedding cakes out there. They are beautiful, of course! But I think it's better to go with what you feel reflects you and your DF. You could always request they add a little shimmery something to whatever cake you do go with? :confused3

BecBennett
08-04-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm putting my hand up to say I'm Australian, I spell colour with a U and I'm proud of it! :lmao:

Also, with your sparkly cake, how about having it like that, but with each of your colours as piping along the edges of each tier (by edges, I mean where to two teirs meet) :confused3 That way it stays elegant and sparkly, but with your funky carnival colours thrown in.

tiggerrifficheidi
08-05-2009, 01:56 AM
If you wanted a more traditional cake, but wanted some of carnival colors, you could see what they could do to incorporate the two.

I know my tea party cake was a Mad Hatter, but the colors are actually in the fondant, which could be put on another cake, as well.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Wedding/Before%20the%20Wedding/P1170038-1.jpg

You could also have the castle painted.

Boardwalk_bride
08-05-2009, 07:20 AM
I would go with something more carnival feeling...after all the cake is one of the few things people will remember from the day. Everything sounds great so far....good luck!!

Thanks for your opinion, I think you are right! And thanks :goodvibes

I like that cake...but I agree that it doesn't fit your theme. I am having trouble when I think about the cake too. I mean if that's what you really want, that's what's important and it's a beautiful cake!!

What about a fun white cake but with something like a lollipop cake topper that is bright and colorful?

Why is finding a cake so hard...you would think it would be the easiest??? I thought about a lollipop cake topper, but SF thinks it looks to birthday-ish, but thank you for the advice!!

I agree that the cake is lovely, but I think you're right about it not being right for your theme. The thing is, there are so many traditional wedding cakes out there. They are beautiful, of course! But I think it's better to go with what you feel reflects you and your DF. You could always request they add a little shimmery something to whatever cake you do go with? :confused3

Yes, I do love that cake, but it really doesn't suit my personality. I feel like I am more a kid at heart, which a colourful cake represents better.

I'm putting my hand up to say I'm Australian, I spell colour with a U and I'm proud of it! :lmao:

Also, with your sparkly cake, how about having it like that, but with each of your colours as piping along the edges of each tier (by edges, I mean where to two teirs meet) :confused3 That way it stays elegant and sparkly, but with your funky carnival colours thrown in.

YAY, another "u" speller!! Thanks for the idea! If I decide I cannot give up that cake, than that is a good way to at least add the colours in!

If you wanted a more traditional cake, but wanted some of carnival colors, you could see what they could do to incorporate the two.

I know my tea party cake was a Mad Hatter, but the colors are actually in the fondant, which could be put on another cake, as well.

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn145/tiggerrifficheidi/Wedding/Before%20the%20Wedding/P1170038-1.jpg

You could also have the castle painted.

Oh, I love, love, LOVE your cake. See, I think something like that suits us! I really didn't want to pay to upgrade to the mad hatter, but I think it suits the theme better....and I always love seeing them in trip reports. I guess what is an extra few hundred in upgrades when you are already paying so much?? Maybe we will not go out for dinner for a couple weeks, and they money saved will pay for it!

Thanks ladies for all your help!! I'm really glad to get honest opinions!

disneygal922
08-05-2009, 09:42 AM
Hey Karen! I really love the sparkly cake. That's actually the same one I originally wanted back when i just started planning but then we just found others. I love sparkly but I LOVE Heidi's Mary Poppins cake! :laughing: Good luck with the decision. It's tough!:wizard:

Boardwalk_bride
08-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Not a lot of updates, but....

My cake server came in yesterday!!!!!! I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!:goodvibes It is a bit different from the picture, but it is still great!!!

I showed DF Heidi's cake, and now he REALLY wants it! I really love it too, even though it is completely different from the one I wanted originally.:rotfl: We just both feel it really suits are personality, and definitely suits the theme. We are thinking to just send them that picture, and tell them if they can make it more carnival-ish, go for it!!!

Humm, what else? Oh, last night, we wanted Applebee's for dinner (some of their food has low WW points) so we had to go to our neighbour city, since we don't have one. Anyway, that city conveniently has a Micheal's located by Applebee's so we went looking for more RIT dye for my crinnie. We wanted the liquid one, since I read that it is more concentrated and more likely too make a deeper colour. I was still debating between red and pink, but they only colour they had was read, so I guess that decision was made for me!:rotfl: We will try again tonight maybe!

Last weekend I started collecting stuff for welcome bags! We found some disney Pez's at Walmart, so I got a bunch of those!!! I also started a job that I was contracted to do, and was offered another one once I am done this, which is a lot of extra money I wasn't counting on!!! WEDDING MONEY! lol!!! It also means I can buy a new camera soon, so I can take pics so that my PJ is more interesting!

Alright, I need to start working so I get my first contract done!

MainStMandy
08-07-2009, 09:35 AM
I think that cake is a great choice! It fits your theme perfectly!

I was grocery shopping last night and was flipping through Martha Stewart weddings. They had this section on red/blue weddings and I thought of you. They had a cute cake that had what looked like strung candy as decoration. Very cute!!

Can't wait to see how your crinnie turns out!

Boardwalk_bride
08-07-2009, 09:39 AM
I think that cake is a great choice! It fits your theme perfectly!

I was grocery shopping last night and was flipping through Martha Stewart weddings. They had this section on red/blue weddings and I thought of you. They had a cute cake that had what looked like strung candy as decoration. Very cute!!

Can't wait to see how your crinnie turns out!

Ohh..I am def going to have to check out the magazine for some more inspiration! Thanks for the tip!

disneygal922
08-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Karen! I :love: Heidi's cake! That was definitely a contender for us! I think it will look wonderful with your colors and theme! Good luck with the crinnie tonight!:thumbsup2

tiggerrifficheidi
08-07-2009, 12:12 PM
I can't wait to see what they come up with for your cake! I'm sure it will be amazing!

Boardwalk_bride
08-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Alright ladies.....

After 2 glasses of wine, and several episodes of Sex and the City (yes, DF watches, but drinks beer) I decided it was time to take another stab at my crinnie again. I did some research again on it, and I read that if you live in an apartment (which I do) it is usually better to do it in your bath tub, since you can get the water warmer. So I partially filled the tub, let my crinnie soak, that had DF hold it up as I had BURNING hot water, vinegar, and a whole bottle of "Scarlett" RIT dye. I decided I would let it sit for 20 mins or so, so we left the bathroom, and turned on Bourne Supremacy (I love the Bourne movies).

So every 10 minutes, I would pause the movie to go move it around. After 20 mins, it looked Fuchsia, so I decided to leave it for closer to an hour, and keep checking it (needless to say, it took us double the amount of time to finish the movie). After an hour, I checked it again, and it was getting really dark, so I let it sit for 20 more mins.

1 hour and 20 mins later, I finally rinsed it....it was the moment of truth, would my crinnie be dark pink, or cherry red? And the result, as of this morning.........

IT IS A DARK CHERRY RED

I cannot beleive it actually didn't work, and our tub isn't really stained! I'm kinda sad, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE pink, but I didn't want to worry about adding another colour in! Plus, I think the red will look better with my dress since it is off-white!

Sorry I can't post a pic right now, I will work on buying a new camera soon!!!!

My only problem is now I don't know what to do with the shoes that I bought. They are watermelon pink, so I don't think they will go well with red. Here is a reminder:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/P1010583.jpg

I am thinking that maybe I will wear flats for the ceremony and reception (do you think blue would look good???) and than take off my crinnie for the dessert party, and wear the pink shoes. My dress is just the right length with those shoes, so it means saving $$ on not getting it hemmed, but I figure with the crinnie underneath, it will make it shorter, so flats shouldn't be a big deal.

So blue flats, red crinnie? Does that sound okay?

Oh, and if anyone is interested, here is the method I followed for dying my crinnie, except I added vinegar with the dye

http://boardwalkwedding.blogspot.com/ (it is near the bottom of the page)

MainStMandy
08-08-2009, 10:08 AM
Oh yay!!! Where are the pictures :confused3 ;)

I love the idea of blue shoes with the red crinnie!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh yay!!! Where are the pictures :confused3 ;)

I love the idea of blue shoes with the red crinnie!!

Alright, I will go buy a camera today, just for you :rotfl: No seriously, I really think I will go buy a camera today...enough is enough!

MainStMandy
08-08-2009, 12:06 PM
Alright, I will go buy a camera today, just for you :rotfl: No seriously, I really think I will go buy a camera today...enough is enough!

YAY! And it return I found you these...seriously could they be any cutter!! They are online exclusives at PAYLESS!!!

http://www.payless.com/images/490x490/070249_4_490x490.jpg

Boardwalk_bride
08-08-2009, 12:20 PM
YAY! And it return I found you these...seriously could they be any cutter!! They are online exclusives at PAYLESS!!!

http://www.payless.com/images/490x490/070249_4_490x490.jpg

Ohh, those are so nice. But Payless doesn't ship, or offer any online services, to Canada :sad1: I used to work there when I was doing my undergrad degree, and people would come in and yell at me because they couldn't order online :rotfl:

I wonder if I can ship them to a US store, and go pick them up....I may check!

disneygal922
08-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Super cute shoes!:thumbsup2

Boardwalk_bride
08-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh, I just found my pink shoes in blue in ebay, and for 1/4 of the price!!!

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/blueshoes.jpg

There as a "make an offer" option, so I made a low one, and hopefully will hear back soon! I kind of wanted flats for a bit, but I ALWAYS wear heals when I am dressed up, plus, I think my dress will be too long if I don't wear heals.

Alright, I am going camera shopping, if I am successful, I will have lots of pics to post this afternoon!

GoonieBride
08-08-2009, 02:24 PM
Good Luck getting your shoes! :thumbsup2

disneygal922
08-08-2009, 02:25 PM
Good luck with your ebay bid and camera shopping. :wizard: can't wait to see pics!:goodvibes

Boardwalk_bride
08-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Good Luck getting your shoes! :thumbsup2

Thanks! They didn't accept my offer, but the listing price is really low anyway, so I think I will still get them!

Good luck with your ebay bid and camera shopping. :wizard: can't wait to see pics!:goodvibes

Thanks!! We ended up being tight for time yesterday, since we were going to a BBQ and I had to make some stuff to bring. I was going to go shopping this morning, but everyone ended up at the bar last night....so I just woke up now :laughing: oooppps. And now we are on a Tornado warning, it is pouring rain, and it s 45 degrees (Celsius) out (which I think is around 115 Fahrenheit). So I don't think I am going to leave the house today :rotfl: I will try and look for one tomorrow!

PrincessShea
08-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Yea post a picture of the crinny. I'd have to see how it looks. My worry would be with a red crinny, blue shoes, and a white dress, it will look very Fourth of July, know what I mean?

Boardwalk_bride
08-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Yea post a picture of the crinny. I'd have to see how it looks. My worry would be with a red crinny, blue shoes, and a white dress, it will look very Fourth of July, know what I mean?

hahah! I didn't even think of it (I guess since I'm not American)....I was thinking I would look like the Canadian flag with red and white.:rotfl: Once I get a camera, I will put on a white shirt, the red crinnie, and I have a pair of light blue shoes I can put on, and I will post pics to see what people think!!

Michelle2010
08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Sorry the crinnie dying didn't work out like you planned - however I do think the red will look stunning with your dress.

I like the idea of the shoes but you don't want a colour overload! Like you said, there's no knowing how it will work until you try everything together. I hope you can get a camera soon so we can all pass judgement :lmao:

ghoulish delight
08-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Can't wait to see your crinnie!! And good luck on winning those shoes! :thumbsup2

shippedtosea
08-10-2009, 10:04 AM
hey I have been poking around your journal, so I thought i'd say hi! I really like how your wedding plans are coming along. They are really fun and unique. :thumbsup2 I'm a big fan

Boardwalk_bride
08-10-2009, 10:43 AM
Sorry the crinnie dying didn't work out like you planned - however I do think the red will look stunning with your dress.

I like the idea of the shoes but you don't want a colour overload! Like you said, there's no knowing how it will work until you try everything together. I hope you can get a camera soon so we can all pass judgement :lmao:

I hope I get a camera soon too so that I can have your judgments :rotfl: I am in school year round, and I just started a contract for my first job (downtown economic development analyst, don't I sound so grown up?), so I am lacking time. I woke up early today though, and have got a lot accomplished (although I take a lot of disboard breaks) so hopefully I can go look for a camera tonight!

Can't wait to see your crinnie!! And good luck on winning those shoes! :thumbsup2
Thanks! I actually decided to wait on the shoes....now I am a bit worried what the blue will look like!

hey I have been poking around your journal, so I thought i'd say hi! I really like how your wedding plans are coming along. They are really fun and unique. :thumbsup2 I'm a big fan

Hi:goodvibes Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Hopefully I will be able to put some pics up soon to spruce this puppy up a bit!

Boardwalk_bride
08-10-2009, 01:56 PM
I almost forgot......

ONLY ONE MORE WEEK UNTIL I CAN OFFICIALLY BOOK!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

We are 8 months and 5 days away, but since August 15th is a satuday (and DF's bday!!) we have to wait till monday!

MainStMandy
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM
Awww silly girl. You posted and I thought it was because you had bought a camera :(

J/k! YAY for getting close to booking. Oh I saw the prettiest blue and red invites on another website. I didn't post them on your pj because they looked like they cost a fortune!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Ladies!!!

I FINALLY bought a new camera!!! I'll be back in 20 mins with some pictures....I will start with my crinnie!

Boardwalk_bride
08-10-2009, 09:12 PM
So finally, here is a pic of my red crinnie!!!

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0004.jpg
I tried to match it with some white, although my dress is off white (I just remembered that now)

And the netting underneath:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0009.jpg

Okay, so I need help with what colour shoes to wear! Obviously my crinnie won't be showing the whole time, but when it does I don't want to look ridiculous, so please help (I'm not offended by honest opinions!!)

So here is the red crinoline with aqua (I paired it a towel, and old shoes I found :rotfl:)

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0006.jpg

And here it is with the current shoes I have for the wedding, the watermelon ones that reflect my old theme/colour scheme

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0007.jpg

So now I don't know what to do?? Should I have aqua/light blue shoes, or do I look to American Flag like? Should I have red shoes? Or nude shoes? (I really don't want white) Or should I stick with the watermelon?

Pirate's Princess
08-10-2009, 09:35 PM
Awesome crinny!! I don't think that the original shoes look bad with the red crinny. Maybe it's just my computer though. I think I'd prefer the watermelon shoes. The blue is a little too much contrast for me. But that's just opinion. Plus the strippy-ness of the shoes may blend the off-white of the dress and the red of the crinny.

BecBennett
08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
I think the 3 colours together look really good. But on the other side of the coin, I don't think there's anything wrong with the watermelon shoes and red crinnie...
The crinnie looks awesome by the way.
So I guess what I'm saying is the red white and blue looks great, but don't go buying new shoes, if the only reason you were doing it, is because you don't think the red and watermelon go... :rotfl:

shippedtosea
08-10-2009, 10:53 PM
I think the 3 colours together look really good. But on the other side of the coin, I don't think there's anything wrong with the watermelon shoes and red crinnie...
So I guess what I'm saying is the red white and blue looks great, but don't go buying new shoes, if the only reason you were doing it, is because you don't think the red and watermelon go... :rotfl:

I agree. I think the original shoes still look good to me. there is not much of a difference. maybe try photographing them in the sun? check that there isn't much of a difference there. If not i'd stay with the shoes. I like them :thumbsup2

ghoulish delight
08-10-2009, 11:37 PM
The crinnie looks so awesome! Nice job!! :teeth: And honestly, I agree with the other girls! The original shoes look cute with it. I think if you wanted to go with a different color shoe, I'd try maybe the pink you're going to include? :cutie: That is if you decided to use the pink still!

Okay, so I went to look for cute pink shoes that were a lighter color. More of the cotton candy color. I couldn't resist! :blush:

http://www.zappos.com/images/749/7492258/6219-881381-d.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/images/737/7371547/6219-929577-d.jpg

In pink of course! (http://www.endless.com/dp/B0018N7P2E/186-4224798-3244305?ie=UTF8&creative=380333&linkCode=asn&ref_=asc_df_B0018N7P2E875716&tag=endlesscj-20&suppressRedirect=1&creativeASIN=B0018N7P2E)

This one has killer looking heels, but it's pink AND reddish? (http://www.endless.com/dp/B001FOPR30/ref=asc_df_B001FOPR30875716?tag=endlesscj-20&creative=380333&linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B001FOPR30)

I don't know, just thought I'd throw it out there! Whatever you end up going with, I know will be fantastic!

figment fan21
08-11-2009, 07:03 AM
the crinny came out AWESOME!!! I love it!

If you go with the aqua it doesn't look as american flag as if you were to go with a darker blue.

That being said i think the original shoes have dark enough stripes where it actually kind of goes with the red crinny.... i'd do what shippedtosea said ad photograph them in a different light and see if it looks any different.

MainStMandy
08-11-2009, 07:45 AM
YAY!!! You got a camera...we expect LOTS of pictures now!!

I absolutely love the red with the cream and aqua. I don't think it looks American Flag at all!! The watermelon shoes are nice too but I think the aqua is so pretty! Plus you only see a little bit of them.

Boardwalk_bride
08-11-2009, 09:00 AM
Awesome crinny!! I don't think that the original shoes look bad with the red crinny. Maybe it's just my computer though. I think I'd prefer the watermelon shoes. The blue is a little too much contrast for me. But that's just opinion. Plus the strippy-ness of the shoes may blend the off-white of the dress and the red of the crinny.

I agree. I think the original shoes still look good to me. there is not much of a difference. maybe try photographing them in the sun? check that there isn't much of a difference there. If not i'd stay with the shoes. I like them :thumbsup2

I really didn't think the watermelon would look good, but when I put them together, they weren't that bad! I can try and take a pic in the sun later (since it is storming AGAIN right now and there is no sun) but I think my camera took a pretty accurate picture of what I was seeing! The only thing I am thinking about is if I want to wear those shoes ALL day. They are pretty comfy though, and I have been working them in. And I'm worried that flats will make my dress WAY to long! When I tried on my dress, the lady told me as long as I am wearing at least a 3 inch heal, I shouldn't need it hemmed, so I save over $200!

The crinnie looks so awesome! Nice job!! :teeth: And honestly, I agree with the other girls! The original shoes look cute with it. I think if you wanted to go with a different color shoe, I'd try maybe the pink you're going to include? :cutie: That is if you decided to use the pink still!

Okay, so I went to look for cute pink shoes that were a lighter color. More of the cotton candy color. I couldn't resist! :blush:

http://www.zappos.com/images/749/7492258/6219-881381-d.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/images/737/7371547/6219-929577-d.jpg

In pink of course! (http://www.endless.com/dp/B0018N7P2E/186-4224798-3244305?ie=UTF8&creative=380333&linkCode=asn&ref_=asc_df_B0018N7P2E875716&tag=endlesscj-20&suppressRedirect=1&creativeASIN=B0018N7P2E)

This one has killer looking heels, but it's pink AND reddish? (http://www.endless.com/dp/B001FOPR30/ref=asc_df_B001FOPR30875716?tag=endlesscj-20&creative=380333&linkCode=asn&creativeASIN=B001FOPR30)

I don't know, just thought I'd throw it out there! Whatever you end up going with, I know will be fantastic!

Oh no! Now I have a new colour in the mix!! I actually really LOVE the idea of light pink! I think if I get another pair though, I will buy some flats! I will start looking for end of summer sales soon, so that if I don't wear them for the wedding, at least I didn't pay a fortune. I'm hoping my crinnie shrinks my dress a bit so I have the option of wearing them!

the crinny came out AWESOME!!! I love it!

If you go with the aqua it doesn't look as american flag as if you were to go with a darker blue.

That being said i think the original shoes have dark enough stripes where it actually kind of goes with the red crinny.... i'd do what shippedtosea said ad photograph them in a different light and see if it looks any different.

Thanks!:goodvibes Yah, I didn't think so either. I even looked up a picture of the US flag to compare :rotfl: I think as long as I am not navy/dark blue it isn't a huge deal!

YAY!!! You got a camera...we expect LOTS of pictures now!!

I absolutely love the red with the cream and aqua. I don't think it looks American Flag at all!! The watermelon shoes are nice too but I think the aqua is so pretty! Plus you only see a little bit of them.

I agree, I think the aqua looks great too! But I am worried abot too much colour! Okay, just for you, I am going to eat breakfast and post some more pictures!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-11-2009, 09:21 AM
These are things I have talked about before, but now I have pictures so you can see them! :cheer2:

First up. These are the stickers we had personalized awhile ago, when still using the candyland theme, although they still work. I ordered quite a lot, because we were planning the at home reception at that point (which is up in the air now, although we do have a deposit and date booked :rotfl:) Anyway, here they are:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0015.jpg

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0014.jpg

We will use them for favours at disney either way!

I haven't ready my camera directions yet, and there are so many photo options, that I haven't figured out how to take the best pics yet, so I apologize!

Here is out cake cutter/server:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0012.jpg

Some PEZ I found at walmart for welcome bags:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0013.jpg

And some stickers I found in the Michaels dollar bin, that I am sure I can use for something:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0018.jpg

Boardwalk_bride
08-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Okay so more changes are in the air!

So DF and I wanted the Attic since day one, but new that spending $2500 + was out of the question if we wanted a DP. Yesterday I saw a post saying that the Attic lowered their minimum. I sent my planner an emailing asking this, and IT IS TRUE!!!! It is $1000 min before 5 pm. I think I almost suffered a heart attack!

I think the Flying Fish is great, and goes so well with our theme, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Attic, and it is soooooo us!!! Plus it has a lot of light blue, and a bit of red :rotfl:

ohhh, this is a good day!

shippedtosea
08-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Okay so more changes are in the air!

So DF and I wanted the Attic since day one, but new that spending $2500 + was out of the question if we wanted a DP. Yesterday I saw a post saying that the Attic lowered their minimum. I sent my planner an emailing asking this, and IT IS TRUE!!!! It is $1000 min before 5 pm. I think I almost suffered a heart attack!

I think the Flying Fish is great, and goes so well with our theme, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Attic, and it is soooooo us!!! Plus it has a lot of light blue, and a bit of red :rotfl:

ohhh, this is a good day!

yay! thats exciting. I am a big fan of those stickers. I'm glad everything seems to be coming together for you

MainStMandy
08-11-2009, 10:06 AM
OMG first of all I LOVE those stickers!! TOO CUTE!!

And seriously about the Attic?!?!?!?! That is amazing!!! I adore the Attic!!:cool1:

disneygal922
08-11-2009, 10:51 AM
YAY for a new camera!!:cool1: the Crinnie came out AWESOME!!! definitely going to look fabulous!:thumbsup2 I agree that the watermelon shoes look fine in this pic but maybe you should take a pic outside in the sun one day. Lighting can be very deceiving! I also think the blue shoes would look great too. i don't think it would be too American flag-esque at all. especially b/c it's a lighter blue than the flag. Also, it would match your theme very well! But if the shoes and crinnie look good in the sun too i would save the money and just use those! Also, love the pez and stickers and your favor stickers too! They are so cute! :goodvibes

Boardwalk_bride
08-11-2009, 02:48 PM
I left school early today, and I got home to see some sunlight in my sun room...so I grabbed my shoes, crinnie and camera and here are the results:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0029.jpg

Sorry, I had to post this one. I have 3 cats, (we rescued them all, we arn't just crazy people :rotfl:) and the youngest one, McLovin follows me everywhere! She likes my crinnie, so I thought she would appreciate a shot with it!

Anyway, here are a few shots with the shoes in natural light:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0031.jpg
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0033.jpg

I don't really know what to think. They don't really go well, but they don't not go either? I think :confused3 I really like the idea of blue, but I just think it might be too much all in one outfit! These shoes are quite comfortable, and when I have them on, and DF has his shoes on, we are like 1.5 inches apart, which I think looks good for pics and stuff.

Carye
08-11-2009, 02:54 PM
I think the watermelon shoes go just fine, or a pair of red ones, the aqua might not work with ivory, but the crinnie came out great. Good luck deciding....I vote watermelon shoes :)

shippedtosea
08-11-2009, 03:18 PM
the lines in the shoes are dark enough that they go. I think they look good together. I say stick with the shoes!

Boardwalk_bride
08-11-2009, 04:36 PM
I think the watermelon shoes go just fine, or a pair of red ones, the aqua might not work with ivory, but the crinnie came out great. Good luck deciding....I vote watermelon shoes :)

the lines in the shoes are dark enough that they go. I think they look good together. I say stick with the shoes!

Alright, 2 votes for the originals! Maybe I should stick with them than:goodvibes

ghoulish delight
08-11-2009, 05:24 PM
The original shoes sincerely look good with it! So I'll vote for them too. :thumbsup2

figment fan21
08-11-2009, 05:40 PM
OMG You're having an awesome day darlin!

First of all super cute kitty! I love that its name is mclovin! :rotfl2:

I love those stickers, I was thinking of getting stickers like that made and putting them on bottled water for our welcome bags. So if you have a surplus of the stickers you could do that! :thumbsup2

I'm in agreement with the other girls the watermelon shoes go great with the red crinny i say keep those! :goodvibes

and OMG!!! The attic may be something i can talk DF into! :banana: I just got so excited! I can totally see spending the 1000$ to have the dinner reception there! You're going to have to give me all the details if you book it!

Boardwalk_bride
08-11-2009, 05:49 PM
The original shoes sincerely look good with it! So I'll vote for them too. :thumbsup2

OMG You're having an awesome day darlin!

First of all super cute kitty! I love that its name is mclovin! :rotfl2:

I love those stickers, I was thinking of getting stickers like that made and putting them on bottled water for our welcome bags. So if you have a surplus of the stickers you could do that! :thumbsup2

I'm in agreement with the other girls the watermelon shoes go great with the red crinny i say keep those! :goodvibes

and OMG!!! The attic may be something i can talk DF into! :banana: I just got so excited! I can totally see spending the 1000$ to have the dinner reception there! You're going to have to give me all the details if you book it!

Yah, I love my cat...I will add the other two on later, so that they aren't left out. So it looks like the watermelon shoes it is! I was actually thinking of you when I heard about that attic, I will post the info my planner gave me on your PJ in a minute!

Thanks ladies! I appreciate all your opinions. My friends/bridesmaids don't live in the same city and don't go on the internet often, so this really means a lot to me, to have all your advice :grouphug:

Pirate's Princess
08-11-2009, 09:42 PM
I still think the shoes go, regardless of the light. And adorable cat!!! I love love love cats and your pic made me think of what one of mine did today. I decided to lay down on my bed, and she decided to lay on my face. Check out the look of fear on my face because it wasn't the cute end.

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/1250045130044103600.jpg (http://www.imagechicken.com)

Boardwalk_bride
08-11-2009, 10:47 PM
I still think the shoes go, regardless of the light. And adorable cat!!! I love love love cats and your pic made me think of what one of mine did today. I decided to lay down on my bed, and she decided to lay on my face. Check out the look of fear on my face because it wasn't the cute end.

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/1250045130044103600.jpg (http://www.imagechicken.com)

HAHHAHA :lmao: Why do cats ALWAYS do that??? Too funny!

honey2741
08-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Congrats on getting the Attic!

Boardwalk_bride
08-12-2009, 08:57 AM
Congrats on getting the Attic!

Well, it won't be set in stone until October, but I am glad the mins changed! I am sad about the flying fish though now, lol! I think it looks so cute inside, and it suits my theme perfectly! But the Attic was always are #1, we even considered paying the $2500 for 19 of us, but we would have added in a lot of alcohol, and we didn't want people getting drunk when we still have a dessert party at night :rotfl:

At least I have 2 great locations to choose from in October, in case the Attic is booked!

disneygal922
08-12-2009, 12:06 PM
ok, i totally missed something. When did you need to change to the Attic? What happened to FF? I also vote for the watermelon shoes... wait did i already vote? well, i'm voting again if i did. i'm so confused. this is what i get for not paying attention yesterday! :laughing:

Boardwalk_bride
08-12-2009, 02:21 PM
ok, i totally missed something. When did you need to change to the Attic? What happened to FF? I also vote for the watermelon shoes... wait did i already vote? well, i'm voting again if i did. i'm so confused. this is what i get for not paying attention yesterday! :laughing:

Sorry, I am a confusing person, who changes her mind everyday :laughing:

We wanted the Attic originally, but felt that the minimums were too high, but now that they have been lowered, we decided to go back with it. I love the Flying Fish, and it suits are theme, but when both of us saw the Attic, is just like, made us smile :goodvibes

Everyone votes for the watermelon shoes than! Which works out great, so I don't have to go shopping again!

disneygal922
08-12-2009, 03:04 PM
the attic is a great place!:thumbsup2 i love it but i feared it'd be too small for our group. I'm glad they lowered the minimums and you are now able to use it! YAY for booking in less than a week! :yay: ALSO, I'm not sure if you meander on the other forums on the DIS but according to a thread on the Restaurants board, they are moving the ADRs back to 180 days out as of Oct 27! :woohoo:sooooooo... you'll be able to make all your ADRs for your trip then! I thought it was exciting and just thought i'd share! :laughing:

Boardwalk_bride
08-12-2009, 03:14 PM
the attic is a great place!:thumbsup2 i love it but i feared it'd be too small for our group. I'm glad they lowered the minimums and you are now able to use it! YAY for booking in less than a week! :yay: ALSO, I'm not sure if you meander on the other forums on the DIS but according to a thread on the Restaurants board, they are moving the ADRs back to 180 days out as of Oct 27! :woohoo:sooooooo... you'll be able to make all your ADRs for your trip then! I thought it was exciting and just thought i'd share! :laughing:

I saw that, and I am actually really upset!! We were planning on figuring everything out at christmas, and now we have to soon...I was just telling DF this (yah I called him at work to tell him) and he is mad too! Since we are grad students, we have jobs as teaching assistants for undergrad students, and they ALWAYS are writing exams/essays through October, so we don't have time for anything extra!

SOOO...we are going to start planning it out tonight!:rotfl: We are 8 months out, but we just won't have time to do it once september starts!

figment fan21
08-12-2009, 03:24 PM
YAY for moving the ADR's to 180 days! BOO that you'll have to figure it all out now!! hahaha

Question... how come you can't book the attic until october? can't you book it when you book the wedding??

Boardwalk_bride
08-12-2009, 03:34 PM
YAY for moving the ADR's to 180 days! BOO that you'll have to figure it all out now!! hahaha

Question... how come you can't book the attic until october? can't you book it when you book the wedding??

Super creepy...I posted on your wall as you posted on mine :rotfl:

Reception locations for Escape brides (from what I was told) cannot be booked until 6 months out! The "sales consultant" did ask what I wanted though, so maybe things will change since they seem to be giving Escape brides more "wishes" treatment lately.

figment fan21
08-12-2009, 03:54 PM
hahaha i just noticed that!! we have ESP!

huh... this is good to know. I'm hoping to get a ton of information on this idea so i can present it to DF (i feel like i'm on trail whenever we talk wedding hahahaha) so maybe we can say we want the attic and if at 6 months out if it becomes booked then we werent meant to have it there and we'll do what DF wanted instead. hehehe the wheels are turning... i'll get my private after ceremony meal come hell or high water! lol

Boardwalk_bride
08-12-2009, 04:47 PM
deleted post

shippedtosea
08-12-2009, 04:52 PM
I don't think its terrible to cancel it. just blame it all on money problems and stuff like that. You don't want people in your party who are unhelpful and are annoying you.

MainStMandy
08-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I don't think it's awful. Just tell them you want everyone to just enjoy themselves so you have decided to not have a bridal party. I think it's a good plan!

Pirate's Princess
08-12-2009, 05:41 PM
First off, yes cats do love a good butt-to-face. Just plan for dining now and get it out of the way. I love planning the meals!! (I'm always super obsessive when it comes to food) If you need any help just ask!!

And how did the bridal party react to being asked? Were they happy? sad? felt obligated? I'm sure you can do the bridal party for cheaper than that. But if they don't care, then explain that due to money reasons and blah blah blah there's been a change in plans. Say you don't want people to feel excluded, or didn't want to make people feel obligated to get the dresses and tuxes, or wanted a more relaxed feel to the wedding.

ghoulish delight
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Oh girl, I know how you feel in regards to the wedding party! :sad2: I've got five BMs total and two of them keep flaking on me in regards to trying on their dress. It's just such a headache trying to wrangle people when they don't seem into it! It's like, if they really didn't want to be a part of it, then they should have refused taking on the role! :headache: That's why you ASK people to be a part of it! Grrr! Ahem, sorry. Lol..

As Jennifer said, I would let them down easy and say it's related to monetary issues. I don't think it's awful at all! Anything that's going to stress you out further should be eliminated from the picture!

figment fan21
08-12-2009, 07:47 PM
I agree, I think as long as you let them down easy it won't be a big deal. Just let them know that you dont want them to feel "pressured" while in disney and that everyone should be having fun.

I dont think anyone will mind.

Boardwalk_bride
08-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I don't think its terrible to cancel it. just blame it all on money problems and stuff like that. You don't want people in your party who are unhelpful and are annoying you.

I don't think it's awful. Just tell them you want everyone to just enjoy themselves so you have decided to not have a bridal party. I think it's a good plan!

First off, yes cats do love a good butt-to-face. Just plan for dining now and get it out of the way. I love planning the meals!! (I'm always super obsessive when it comes to food) If you need any help just ask!!

And how did the bridal party react to being asked? Were they happy? sad? felt obligated? I'm sure you can do the bridal party for cheaper than that. But if they don't care, then explain that due to money reasons and blah blah blah there's been a change in plans. Say you don't want people to feel excluded, or didn't want to make people feel obligated to get the dresses and tuxes, or wanted a more relaxed feel to the wedding.

Oh girl, I know how you feel in regards to the wedding party! :sad2: I've got five BMs total and two of them keep flaking on me in regards to trying on their dress. It's just such a headache trying to wrangle people when they don't seem into it! It's like, if they really didn't want to be a part of it, then they should have refused taking on the role! :headache: That's why you ASK people to be a part of it! Grrr! Ahem, sorry. Lol..

As Jennifer said, I would let them down easy and say it's related to monetary issues. I don't think it's awful at all! Anything that's going to stress you out further should be eliminated from the picture!

I agree, I think as long as you let them down easy it won't be a big deal. Just let them know that you dont want them to feel "pressured" while in disney and that everyone should be having fun.

I dont think anyone will mind.

Thanks ladies. I mentioned it to one, and she seemed pretty upset. I guess people just get so wrapped up in their own lives, that they forget about everything else going on (which is understandable). The thing is, when we decided to have a bridal party, we were having an at home reception. Now that we are not, I just don't see the point. The guys on DF's side wouldn't be hurt at all, but I really want them to be a part of it, because they are my good friends too, and I love them, but we see them all the time, since they live in or close to our city. My girls all live an hour plus away, so I don't see them often.

DF thinks we should just keep it the way it is. He thinks it might be sort of like a final send off (on my side) now that we are all growing up and parting our ways. I don't have siblings, and I lived with 2 of these girls for 4 years of university, and MOH has been my BF since gr.9, and we both moved to southern ontario after highschool (which is a 2 day drive away from where we are from) to different cities and somehow stuck it out.

Sorry, I am going on a whole life long rant, I guess I am trying to convince myself to keep it :confused3 I definitely do not want to hurt anyone's feelings, and money isn't really all of it....I think I will just leave it for now and see how it plays out.

On a positive note, we have narrowed down some ADR choices! They are as follows:

Raglan Road
Rose and Crown
Big River Grille
San Angel Inn
Crystal Palace
Jiko
Sanaa (we are staying at Kidani, so might as well eat there!)
Tusker House (my fav!!)

and we are still deciding between:
Ohana
Restaurant Marrakesh
Boma (breakfast only)
Hoop dee doo

If anyone has a serious problem with one, please let me know! I HATE going to a bad restaurant!! Kona is my all time fav (coconut chicken is my weakness) but we are going to try and have a Kona menu for our reception, so no point going again). Out of all the ones listed, I have only eaten at Crystal Palace and Tusker House (which I LOVED) and Boma (for dinner, which I did NOT love).

shippedtosea
08-12-2009, 11:19 PM
You need to do whats best for you dear. My MOH lives 14 hours away (by car) so I understand how crappy it is them being so far. It will work itself out. Stick with your gut!

I have only eaten at one of these hahaha! San Angel Inn and we hated it! The found was bland and we were highly disappointed. I haven't eaten at any of the others, I have only ever stayed in cheap cheap places and no dining plans. I am looking forward to going to a lot these myself! so i'm excited to hear what everyone else thinks about them.

Boardwalk_bride
08-13-2009, 05:21 PM
So after I was complaining about bm's, it's like the all knew, and they all ended up talking to me today :rotfl: I'm going to complain about things more often I guess!

Anyway, we decided awhile ago we were going to get dresses made (that's what they wanted) so I thought I would share the patterns

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/M5850.gif

The are each wearing a different one, MOH is wearing the first one, and my BM's are wearing the third and fourth one. I was also talking to MOH how I wanted to work pink in somehow, and she said it wouldn't be right if I didn't (I am OBSESSED with pink). So we decided that she will wear light pink with a red sash, and the other girls will wear aqua with a red sash. Kind of like this:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/bischoff_037.jpg

So basically, picture the flower girl as a MOH, and a red sash around the blue dresses :rotfl: I hope it will look good! And I'm going to use the flowers in the picture too, which blend the blue, red and pink together!

We were also talking about center pieces. I really want to keep incorporating the carnival theme. Do you think it would be weird to have buckets of popcorn as the centerpiece? Or should I have vases filled with different candy, like this:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/carnival_07-1.jpg

disneygal922
08-13-2009, 05:53 PM
Love the dresses! They are going to look so nice! Also, I like the idea of a popcorn bucket but would you have popcorn in it or would you use it more like a vase or flower pot? if popcorn is the filler, i say go with the candy centerpieces... they're more colorful and i'm all about color. :laughing: love the pics too!

Carye
08-13-2009, 05:57 PM
What about using the popcorn buckets and filling them with aqua red and pink coated popcorn?

Boardwalk_bride
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
You need to do whats best for you dear. My MOH lives 14 hours away (by car) so I understand how crappy it is them being so far. It will work itself out. Stick with your gut!

I have only eaten at one of these hahaha! San Angel Inn and we hated it! The found was bland and we were highly disappointed. I haven't eaten at any of the others, I have only ever stayed in cheap cheap places and no dining plans. I am looking forward to going to a lot these myself! so i'm excited to hear what everyone else thinks about them.

Thanks for the advice :goodvibes I guess I have to remember that it might be hard for them as well, since they live in another city, and are busy as well.
And yes, I have heard a lot of bad things about San Angel. I wanted to go there last christmas, but decided to switch at the last minute, cause I was so worried. I have regretted it ever since. I just need to try it!

Love the dresses! They are going to look so nice! Also, I like the idea of a popcorn bucket but would you have popcorn in it or would you use it more like a vase or flower pot? if popcorn is the filler, i say go with the candy centerpieces... they're more colorful and i'm all about color. :laughing: love the pics too!

Your right! I just like popcorn :rotfl: Thanks!

What about using the popcorn buckets and filling them with aqua red and pink coated popcorn?

Ummm...that is an AMAZING idea! That is adds colour, but is still carnival-ish. I wonder if Disney can do that for me? Thanks for the idea!!

ghoulish delight
08-13-2009, 07:21 PM
I love the BM dress idea! It'll be awesome! :thumbsup2 And I have an idea for your center pieces! Now let's see if I can explain this properly... lol.

Have some blue and some pink cotton candy on their typical stick they come on, but place it in a vase. So the cotton candy part is sticking out on top. Below in the vase, you could put whatever you want at the bottom. I think I would do red gems or a mix of the three colors! Then maybe tie a pretty red ribbon around the vase! I think it would be adorable and very affordable too! :love:

Boardwalk_bride
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM
I love the BM dress idea! It'll be awesome! :thumbsup2 And I have an idea for your center pieces! Now let's see if I can explain this properly... lol.

Have some blue and some pink cotton candy on their typical stick they come on, but place it in a vase. So the cotton candy part is sticking out on top. Below in the vase, you could put whatever you want at the bottom. I think I would do red gems or a mix of the three colors! Then maybe tie a pretty red ribbon around the vase! I think it would be adorable and very affordable too! :love:

That is a fantastic idea!!! I found a pic that I think is similar to what you are saying:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/cotcancp.jpg

Ahhh, so many good ideas!! I will have to see what disney can do for me, since I don't think I will really be able to bring any of my own stuff, since we are flying. My parents may drive down, but they don't live near me at all, so it would be like a day out of their way to come get stuff from me :guilty:

I bet this stuff will still be cheaper than flowers though!

BecBennett
08-13-2009, 08:49 PM
That would be awesome... I never thought about the fact that it would probably be cheaper then flowers... Now it's got me thinking...

I wonder how long it would last though... I'd be picking at them from the second we walk in... :lmao:

shippedtosea
08-13-2009, 09:22 PM
I like the dresses they are super cute, along with the colors :thumbsup2 I like the centerpieces you just posted! really awesome. Making center pieces is SO much cheaper then flowers. can't you ship them to your parents? Fed ex ground is dirt cheap. not a lot of people know that

Boardwalk_bride
08-13-2009, 09:58 PM
That would be awesome... I never thought about the fact that it would probably be cheaper then flowers... Now it's got me thinking...

I wonder how long it would last though... I'd be picking at them from the second we walk in... :lmao:

That's the point!!:rotfl:

I like the dresses they are super cute, along with the colors :thumbsup2 I like the centerpieces you just posted! really awesome. Making center pieces is SO much cheaper then flowers. can't you ship them to your parents? Fed ex ground is dirt cheap. not a lot of people know that

Hum, I will have to look into how much of a savings it will be.....definitely worth it to check it out!

pezaddict231
08-13-2009, 10:59 PM
Your ADR's sound great! We love Jiko! For Rose and Crown you should try to see if you can get seated outside for Illuminations, it is an amazing view, I love the potato soup there! On your list of maybes I would leave Boma breakfast out. It is good and has a very big selection, but I'd much rather go to a character meal instead - like maybe Donald's Safari Breakfast at Tusker House? Plus if you didn't like it for dinner, you may not like some of the breakfast items.

ghoulish delight
08-13-2009, 11:14 PM
http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/cotcancp.jpg

Yep! That's kind of what I was thinking! ::yes:: I think, with your colors, it would be REALLY cute! At least you have a fun theme you're working with!

tiggerrifficheidi
08-14-2009, 01:39 AM
There is a bride on here (doesn't post frequently anymore). Her name is Victoria, and her id is sunsh1ne.

Here's her TR. It starts on pg 12

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1481696&page=12

Anyway, she did a Boardwalk theme, and I think a lot of her elements could be used for a Carnival theme.

I think these were her pre-reception tables

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup014.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup015.jpg

Her reception

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup019.jpg

She had candy in the vases and tulle and carnations to make it look cotton-candy-like
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup010.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/401-600079.jpg

And her pre-reception food were "boardwalk" type foods

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/pre-recep.jpg

And she had a photo booth, too!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25942755&postcount=3

I wanted to make sure you knew of her wedding for any possible inspiration.

MainStMandy
08-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Oh I love the dresses!! What a great idea with the colors too!!

I love all the centerpiece ideas too...I found one more for you!

http://listhib.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54eeccba588340111690f62f0970c-320wi

figment fan21
08-14-2009, 06:53 AM
I love the BM's dresses!

I was trying to find something budget friendly for some centerpieces too. Its going to be hard for us because if we get the attic you dont want the centerpieces too big for the table. I love the popcorn idea, but i also like the candy ones too... I can't wait to see what you decide!!!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-14-2009, 07:19 AM
There is a bride on here (doesn't post frequently anymore). Her name is Victoria, and her id is sunsh1ne.

Here's her TR. It starts on pg 12

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1481696&page=12

Anyway, she did a Boardwalk theme, and I think a lot of her elements could be used for a Carnival theme.

I think these were her pre-reception tables

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup014.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup015.jpg

Her reception

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup019.jpg

She had candy in the vases and tulle and carnations to make it look cotton-candy-like
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/setup010.jpg

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/401-600079.jpg

And her pre-reception food were "boardwalk" type foods

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z186/bongv001/pre-recep.jpg

And she had a photo booth, too!

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25942755&postcount=3

I wanted to make sure you knew of her wedding for any possible inspiration.

Thanks Heidi! DF is going to be so mad you showed me that photobooth:rotfl: I wonder if I can put that in the Attic/Flying Fish. It is really not a bad price at all, and would be really fun! I have seen her centerpieces and pre-reception on the boards before, so it's nice I have the link now! Thanks a lot!!:goodvibes

Boardwalk_bride
08-14-2009, 07:22 AM
Oh I love the dresses!! What a great idea with the colors too!!

I love all the centerpiece ideas too...I found one more for you!

http://listhib.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54eeccba588340111690f62f0970c-320wi

Thanks! I actually found those awhile ago for my old "candyland theme" and I forgot about them...I think they are great! I think I will definitely use a size similar to that if I get the Attic, so that it isn't taking up the whole table! LOL
PS...Did you know those are actually for childrens table centerpieces? :rotfl: Hopefully my guests don't find out!

I love the BM's dresses!

I was trying to find something budget friendly for some centerpieces too. Its going to be hard for us because if we get the attic you dont want the centerpieces too big for the table. I love the popcorn idea, but i also like the candy ones too... I can't wait to see what you decide!!!!

Thanks:goodvibes Your right, I really think centerpieces in the Attic need to be just the right size! I definitely don't think you need to have them there, I just wanted to carry my theme in! I have no idea what to decide, there are so many great choices!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-15-2009, 08:58 AM
8 MONTHS UNTIL I GET MARRIED:banana::banana::banana:

And it is also DF's bday.....lots to celebrate this weekend :cheer2:

shippedtosea
08-15-2009, 12:42 PM
yay 8 months! Happy birthday DF! Have a fun weekend hun

ghoulish delight
08-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Hooray for 8 months!!! :woohoo: And Happy B-day to your fella! Enjoy celebrating this weekend! :hug:

pezaddict231
08-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Happy B-day to your fiance and yay for only 8 months to go! That is awesome!

GoonieBride
08-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Happy Birthday to your Man, and Happy 8 months to go!!!
:cheer2:

figment fan21
08-15-2009, 03:25 PM
YAY!!! 8 more months!!!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Thanks everyone! We had a really great weekend, we just came back from wine touring in Niagara today :goodvibes The weather was great, and we got a lot of wine!

Boardwalk_bride
08-16-2009, 07:13 PM
I almost forgot. We decided we are going to do a wine/love note ceremony, where we will place a bottle of wine and note (our vows) in the wine box, and open it each year on our anniversary, and replace it with a new bottle of wine and note. We thought it was really representative of us, as wine has a huge place in our life (we are both really into it, not in a bad-habit way, but we really appreciate wine).

Anyway, we were at our favourite wine place today, which is a really special place to us (it is where the wine came from the DF had ready when he proposed) and we pretty much drink it on every major celebration. It is also cool, because it is only sold at the winery, and not in liquor stores, which makes it more special to us. Anyway, while we were there, we picked up a wine box for the ceremony!!

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0039.jpg
Underneath the logo, we are going to get DF's best man to wood burn our names and wedding date into it as well!

GoonieBride
08-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Crazy family members...grr! i know how that goes. we go one in my family too.... my aunt and uncle. and my mom thinks we need to invite the extended family and her friends, that is practically the WHOLE damn town! i think they just want to live their wedding dreams all over again.
maybe we need to learn the word "no". :rolleyes: lol

Glad you had fun your trip and now i know where you got that idea for the wine theme! lol i am liking that idea! thanks for the help!! :hug:

GoonieBride
08-16-2009, 07:17 PM
I almost forgot. We decided we are going to do a wine/love note ceremony, where we will place a bottle of wine and note (our vows) in the wine box, and open it each year on our anniversary, and replace it with a new bottle of wine and note. We thought it was really representative of us, as wine has a huge place in our life (we are both really into it, not in a bad-habit way, but we really appreciate wine).

Anyway, we were at our favourite wine place today, which is a really special place to us (it is where the wine came from the DF had ready when he proposed) and we pretty much drink it on every major celebration. It is also cool, because it is only sold at the winery, and not in liquor stores, which makes it more special to us. Anyway, while we were there, we picked up a wine box for the ceremony!!

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/IMG_0039.jpg
Underneath the logo, we are going to get DF's best man to wood burn our names and wedding date into it as well!

awwww that is toooo perfect!!! :love:

figment fan21
08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Sorry the family members are being nasty... my mother called me and said the same thing, he actual words were "this wedding isn't all about you, its about me and my friends as well.".... Yea OK! Believe me Df and I totally feel your pain.

The wine ceremony/love note ceremony is so awesome, if DF was more into it i'd bring it up but hes more of a beer kinda guy. I love the wine box you got and its very cool that the BM will wood burn your names and date on it.

honey2741
08-16-2009, 08:20 PM
I love the wine idea. What a beautiful way to celebrate every year and it sounds like it is so representative of you! Beautiful. :wizard:

Boardwalk_bride
08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Today is the day I am supposed to be able to book! However, apparently it could take up to 48 hours to hear anything back. I feel so frustrated! I have been waiting MONTHS for this, and I feel like I am just sitting here staring at my inbox. The worst part is, the job I am doing right now gave me a deadline on when they want a first draft of the report I am working on done (which is tomorrow) so I am having so much trouble focusing!!

I was told there may be a chance I hear this afternoon, so I am hoping I will!

shippedtosea
08-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Today is the day I am supposed to be able to book! However, apparently it could take up to 48 hours to hear anything back. I feel so frustrated! I have been waiting MONTHS for this, and I feel like I am just sitting here staring at my inbox. The worst part is, the job I am doing right now gave me a deadline on when they want a first draft of the report I am working on done (which is tomorrow) so I am having so much trouble focusing!!

I was told there may be a chance I hear this afternoon, so I am hoping I will!

Oh hun thats so frustrating! I hope you hear back really soon! hang in there

Boardwalk_bride
08-17-2009, 05:15 PM
WE GOT OUR DATE!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am soooo excited, I feel like I have been waiting forever, and now it is OFFICIAL!! I AM GETTING MARRIED AT DISNEY. This calls for some of the wine we bought yesterday :rotfl:

shippedtosea
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
WE GOT OUR DATE!!!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am soooo excited, I feel like I have been waiting forever, and now it is OFFICIAL!! I AM GETTING MARRIED AT DISNEY. This calls for some of the wine we bought yesterday :rotfl:

yay!!! congrats! thats awesome!

ghoulish delight
08-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Yay yay yay!!! Congrats!! :cheer2:

MainStMandy
08-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Aww yay!! Congratulations!!!!

figment fan21
08-17-2009, 05:42 PM
WOOHOO!!!!! Yay thats awesome! I'm so happy for you!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

Boardwalk_bride
08-17-2009, 10:06 PM
Thanks everyone! I can't wipe the smile off my face, it just actually feels so real now!

I found the cutest cupcakes the other day. I don't think I will use them for anything, but thought I would post them just because they are brilliant!

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss19/knelson85/cupcake-labels.jpg

They are cupcakes with crushed mini marshmallows and sprayed with yellow food colouring. I think they are so adorable. I might find a way to use them at home somehow :goodvibes

pezaddict231
08-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Yay! Congrats Date Twin! :banana::banana: The waiting was definitely stressful, but isn't it such a great feeling to get your date?

And just to celebrate some more...
:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I love those cupcakes, they are adorable! And probably so delicious! Yum!