PDA

View Full Version : Family Traveling with Au Pair

lisalisa1201
06-17-2002, 10:11 AM
The past three trips to disney you all have been my guides! Thanks for providing such great info. Now I have another question. My Husband and I will be going in November and bringing our Au Pair. We have a three y/o and 5 y/o. We have stayed at AKL ( didn't like), WL (liked), and CR (Loved it!). Now that the Au Pair is coming we need to know where would be best to stay. Want to stay on site. Saw some suites at the CR...but the kids will be at the pool more and the cr pool was kind of bare bones. I don't know if we want to spend the money for a two bedroom suite. Liked the suites with 2 beds in the main bedroom and a sleeper sofa in the living room. Or should we just get two rooms at the Dolphin with the medical professionals discount? Opinions????

josierac
06-17-2002, 10:16 AM
Since you liked the WL why not look at the Deluxe rooms there. There is a living room with a queen size fold out couch and a separate bedroom with 2 queen beds.

Don't know when you are going but the rack rates for the Deluxe room in value season are $360 plus tax.

If you want a great pool then maybe 2 connecting rooms at the Beach or Yacht club since it has Stormalong Bay

DisneyDazed
06-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Hi! being a Nanny myself I would suggest 2 rooms if you can swing it. Not only for the extra space but aslo in consideration of your Au Pair. Even though we love the families we work for it is always nice to have some privacey of our own *S* Juat a lil insight from another view *S* Enjoy your trip!

sharoncity
06-17-2002, 10:56 AM
Look into some of the villas. A two bedroom would give you the space everyone would like and 2 bathrooms. You can rent points from DVC members for pretty good rates. Otherwise I'd look into connecting rooms at one of the resorts. I think you'd all appreciate the privacy and the 2nd bathroom. I'm don't think my DH would be comfortable sharing the bathroom with the au pair for a whole week. Remember, vacations are supposed to be stress free.;)

js
06-17-2002, 11:41 AM
I would suggest two rooms. Why not two standard tower rooms at CR, keeping the connecting door open between rooms if you wish.
You would have the monorail but most importantly, two bedrooms, extra bed(s), tv, and bathroom/shower.
If you are out late one evening, you won't have to worry about making too much noise when you come in, if the kids/Au Pair want there will be an extra bed in her room for the kids if they want to sleep in her room and it will give you and your husband a little more privacy. Would the medical professional code at Swan/Dolphin be the same as Wing rooms at CR?
The extra room for the au pair or just the kids really helps. My husband and I always try to get two connecting rooms for us and the kids (8 & 4) whether we are in a hotel or cruise. The extra room, tv, space and bathroom/shower are well worth the extra money.
Good luck deciding and have fun!

lisalisa1201
06-17-2002, 12:19 PM
Wow! I never thought of CONNECTING rooms! What a great idea! Two rooms it is. Thanks.

robinb
06-17-2002, 12:40 PM
Make sure to request connecting rooms and not just adjoining rooms. Make sure Disney knows that your minor children will be in the other room and they will make it happen for you. The Dolphin, while not "Disney" will probably also help you out and with your discounts, you'll probably spend as much on 2 rooms as you would on 1 room at CR. The Grotto pool at the Dolphin is also quite nice.

Lastly, you still might want to consider a 2 BR over at the Villas at Wilderness Lodge (VWL), Boardwalk Villas (BWV) or Beach Club Villas (BCV). It'll be a little more, but it inlcudes a full kitchen and laundry facilities in the room. Plus, you have a nice living room area complete with VCR (or DVD at BCV). Check out the DVC Rental board for more info on renting points from someone.

Jordan's MOM
06-17-2002, 02:00 PM
Two connecting rooms at the CR would also put you on the monrail route. This could be a great bonus if the kids need a break and your Au pair could take them back for a nap or swim and give you and DH a little time alone in the park. It would also be ideal to give your Au pair a little time on her own yet an easy and secure way to get around.

js
06-17-2002, 02:31 PM
Glad to help, but I must warn you, it will spoil you with or without the au pair.
Two rooms is always the way to go. Extra bathroom always helps especially with 5 people (3 of which are adults).
Enjoy your trip, we will be there in October for a few nights, then leaving my mom and sister with the kids in WDW and
husband and I taking a cruise (not Disney, although we have done that with the kids).
Have fun! :)

Mic
06-18-2002, 07:06 PM
I agree with sharoncity. A 2-bedroom villa would be the best way to go. Your Au Pair could have the "studio" room with private bath, you and hubby will LOVE the jacuzzi in the master bedroom with king bed, and the kids could share the sofabed in the main room. As the kids are so young, you may really appreciate having the full kitchen for times when they can not wait for dinner, or you and hubby want a night out alone. If you liked the rooms at WL, you will LOVE the space in the Villas at Wilderness Lodge. But I must warn you, once you stay in a 2-bedroom, no other room will do!