PDA

View Full Version : Once again the Dolphin was GREAT!!!

Kitty 34
06-17-2002, 10:02 AM
We requested the same room we had last year and got it again this year!!! We were so happy!! It's 3rd floor/wh a balcony overlooking the pool area!!

The service was fanatastic, housekeeping was great! The 20% discount at Tubbi's with the DC card really helped save us $$!

I'm not one to compare but we stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel at Universal the last few days of our trip and we'd take the Dolphin hands down!!!;)

DisneyVa.
06-17-2002, 11:21 AM
We are going to the Dolphin in August. Do you remember your exact room number? Also did you find that this was a quiet area and close to the elevator?

Kitty 34
06-17-2002, 11:24 AM
Our room was on the 3rd floor in the West Wing but it wasn't close to the elevator. Just down the hall tho, we would go down the fire exit which would bring us closer to Tubbi's and the Pool area.

That was the one nice thing we liked about our room.....it's so quiet!! I loved sitting out on the balcony and listening to the Grotto Pool Water fall. To me, it sounded like waves at a beach......so relaxing!!!:)

DisOrBust
06-17-2002, 03:02 PM
just curious why you would pick S/D over HRH? Did you use FOTL?

Blondie
06-17-2002, 04:19 PM
Welcome home Kitty 34!

Glad to hear the Dolphin is still numero uno!:D

Kitty 34
06-17-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DisOrBust
just curious why you would pick S/D over HRH? Did you use FOTL?

Actually DisOrBust, the FOTL priviledges at HRH were unbelievable!!! My DH and I said, it would have been great if we could have moved S/D and their pool over to Universal!!!;) :) :bounce:

dreamflight99
06-17-2002, 08:09 PM
It's nice to know some things never change! So glad to hear all went well with your stay. We too like to stay in the same room each visit, and call in advance to "block" it.

We have stayed at the U.S. Portofino "prior" to our Dolphin stay for the past two years, and have ressies there next month. We stay in a suite, and LOVE the FOTLA...but the DOLPHIN still wins out, hands-down. There's just no comparison. Glad to read you feel the same.:D

Beanie
06-17-2002, 08:12 PM
Glad you had a great time, Kitty!! :) Welcome back!! :)