PDA

View Full Version : Wicksteed park ?? anyone been !

natalielongstaff
05-26-2009, 05:23 AM
Im looking to take the kids somewhere on friday.....two 10yr olds and an 8yr old

ive never been and was hoping someone could tell me if its worth a visit :)

Danauk
05-26-2009, 05:31 AM
I have been there countless times with my class of 8/9 year olds as it is near where we live. My kids seem to like it and they often go with their parents at the weekend. There are some rides there, a small rollercoaster, viking ship, water splash rides etc plus a laser zone, go cart type track , bumpy slides etc. If is not a big theme park by any stretch of the imagination, but my 8/9 year olds seem to like going there and have fun.

natalielongstaff
05-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Great, thanks for the quick reply.

looks like we might go on Friday then :thumbsup2

saratogagirl
05-26-2009, 01:23 PM
have fun Nat

babystar
05-26-2009, 01:35 PM
We also have been more times than I care to remember with my 2yo. If your kids like playing on playground equipment then they will be amused for quite a while. There is a few rides as Danauk said - but they will work out pricey if you do not buy a wristband.

There is a big area of water at the end of the park and always lots of hungry ducks. Lots and lots of green areas so if the weather is nice, pack a picnic and a ball!

natalielongstaff
05-26-2009, 01:39 PM
We also have been more times than I care to remember with my 2yo. If your kids like playing on playground equipment then they will be amused for quite a while. There is a few rides as Danauk said - but they will work out pricey if you do not buy a wristband.

There is a big area of water at the end of the park and always lots of hungry ducks. Lots and lots of green areas so if the weather is nice, pack a picnic and a ball!

Good advice, thank you :thumbsup2

mark&sue
05-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Kirsty went with her school holiday club and really liked it a few years back.

Hope you all have a good time

susan

irongirlof12
05-27-2009, 01:57 AM
I haven't been in ages ( but too much of it when i was a nipper :lmao:) but my sister goes with her kids all of the time and they love it.