PDA

View Full Version : So, Did Anyone Besides Us Lose Anything On The Cruise?

Madi100
05-26-2009, 12:22 AM
We lost two things. Madi took her Iowa Soccer t-shirt to Castaway Cay, and has never seen it again. James bought a Disney hat and either left it in our stateroom or on the Mears bus. It was a nice hat for the four days that he had it.

3guysandagal
05-26-2009, 12:42 AM
We lost two things. Madi took her Iowa Soccer t-shirt to Castaway Cay, and has never seen it again. James bought a Disney hat and either left it in our stateroom or on the Mears bus. It was a nice hat for the four days that he had it.

I left my DIS lanyard in the stateroom with my nametag and all my DIS pins on it.
I just can't believe I left it there.
Kathy noticed it gone as we got to the buses.
I am still hoping it will show up.
And then I lost my HAT!!! :scared1:
Flew off coming down the flume on Splash Mountain.
I knew I should have taken it off early, but got taking pics at the top of the climb and forgot.
I asked at the ride exit and the CM told me most of them don't make it through the gears and are ground up.
Even then, it was leather and after a good water bath and chewing,.........no.
Good thing I had a spare at home!! :lmao:
And Johnny lost his DS games on the way down in the airplane or the airport.

But a fantastic time was had by all regardless.

I can't believe I walked out without my lanyard.

Mary Jo
05-26-2009, 01:34 AM
I lost my camera case with my extra battery & photo card in it. I called the Lost & Found, and they called me back the following Monday & said they found it, and were mailing it back to me. You might try calling them & see if any of your things were turned in.

Launchpad11B
05-26-2009, 05:48 AM
I lost my marbles. :)

Disneybridein2k3
05-26-2009, 06:21 AM
DD3 lost 2 pair of sunglasses (1 minnie mouse and 1 from Del Sol). I lost my sanity. I'm not sure if that counts because DH says he wasn't sure I brought it with me. I still can't find it though and we've been back for a while now.

DVCsince02
05-26-2009, 08:31 AM
Chris lost his sunglasses in the middle of Serenity Bay. Goofy ball tried to turn over in the inner tube and flipped over. We decided to make our way to the beach and once back at our chairs he said to me "was I wearing my sunglasses?". How do you not notice everything just got a lot brighter?

kab407
05-26-2009, 08:33 AM
Aside from the money used to pay my Stateroom Bill, nope.

georgemoe
05-26-2009, 08:38 AM
I lost a little privacy. :headache:

DVCsince02
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM

:scratchin

scarlett873
05-26-2009, 08:53 AM
Chris lost his sunglasses in the middle of Serenity Bay. Goofy ball tried to turn over in the inner tube and flipped over. We decided to make our way to the beach and once back at our chairs he said to me "was I wearing my sunglasses?". How do you not notice everything just got a lot brighter?Hehehe...I was so excited when I found a pair of sunglasses out there too...I was so hoping they were his!

Madi100
05-26-2009, 08:59 AM

Didn't you lose your wife, too??? I missed that, but that's what I'm hearing.

georgemoe
05-26-2009, 09:07 AM
Didn't you lose your wife, too??? I missed that, but that's what I'm hearing.

25 ft behind you is not being lost. :)

Marla Hellwig
05-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Disney Cruise Line

Lost and Found - 407-566-3734,

the email address is www.lostandfound@cruise-aid.com

hope this helps

:)

jeanigor
05-26-2009, 09:53 AM
Disney Cruise Line

the email address is www.lostandfound@cruise-aid.com

hope this helps

Always working? Thanks!!

ADP
05-26-2009, 09:56 AM
I found an extra pager.
Kim lost her sunglasses. Apparently, they were passed around many podcast cruisers before ending up in Walter's hands. Not sure how he got them and I don't think he was sure how he got them either.

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 10:29 AM
I found an extra pager.
Kim lost her sunglasses. Apparently, they were passed around many podcast cruisers before ending up in Walter's hands. Not sure how he got them and I don't think he was sure how he got them either.

Hmmm...I lost a pager :rolleyes1 Didn't you find some extra sunglasses too? I seemed to have acquired them.

I gave them to Walter!

I also lost my innocence :rolleyes1

MenashaCorp
05-26-2009, 10:39 AM
Hmmm...I lost a pager :rolleyes1 Didn't you find some extra sunglasses too? I seemed to have acquired them.

I gave them to Walter!

I also lost my innocence :rolleyes1

This may be the gutsiest thing you've ever said.... :lmao:

("gutsiest" not my 1st word choice, of course...) ;)

katscradle
05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
I lost my camera case with my extra battery & photo card in it. I called the Lost & Found, and they called me back the following Monday & said they found it, and were mailing it back to me. You might try calling them & see if any of your things were turned in.

Post the phone # please, and I will call them right away. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2
The Dis lanyard and pins are very valuable to us.
When we travel anything Dis such as t-shirts and lanyards are either worn or packed in a carry on bag. :)
They have lost luggage on us in the past, so I don't take any chances. :thumbsup2

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 10:44 AM
This may be the gutsiest thing you've ever said.... :lmao:

("gutsiest" not my 1st word choice, of course...) ;)

yea, I didn't think anyone would buy that....

katscradle
05-26-2009, 10:44 AM

That's o.k. you are like family after all. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
And your kinda cute when you are asleep.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

kab407
05-26-2009, 10:51 AM

Sorry George. You will never live this one down. :hug:

Yvet
05-26-2009, 11:37 AM
I think i lost my shyness.......:cutie:

calypso*a*go-go
05-26-2009, 11:57 AM
When we travel anything Dis such as t-shirts and lanyards are either worn or packed in a carry on bag. :)
They have lost luggage on us in the past, so I don't take any chances. :thumbsup2

I've got my fingers crossed that you get them returned. Good luck! :thumbsup2

Madi100
05-26-2009, 11:58 AM

Kat, I hope you find those things. I remember seeing your pins and thinking how neat they are. Good luck!!

Mary Jo
05-26-2009, 12:30 PM

Disney Cruise Line

the email address is www.lostandfound@cruise-aid.com (http://www.lostandfound@cruise-aid.com)

hope this helps

Here you go. Marla came to the rescue. :) She originally gave me the number, and Cindy was very helpful on the line.

Marla Hellwig
05-26-2009, 08:26 PM
:fish:

jeanigor
05-26-2009, 08:32 PM
:fish:

You lost a fish, Marla? Its a big ocean, but if Marlin can find Nemo, we can find your fish. Do you speak whale?

DVCsince02
05-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Her tag says she is ready for the next cruise......

MerriePoppins
05-26-2009, 08:53 PM
I lost my distaste of Martinis :drinking1

chirurgeon
05-26-2009, 08:57 PM

Pushing her own wheelchair too!!!!

Kim

georgemoe
05-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Pushing her own wheelchair too!!!!

Kim

Obviously you don't know therapy when you see it Kim. :rotfl:

Marla Hellwig
05-27-2009, 12:47 AM
You lost a fish, Marla? Its a big ocean, but if Marlin can find Nemo, we can find your fish. Do you speak whale?

nope didn't lose a fish - don't speak whale

pleaseeeeeee no more pets - remember - Dr. Doolittle Jr lives here :rotfl2:

she saved a baby bunny the other night from one of the roaming neighborhood cats - sad to report it didn't make it through the night - the poor thing

Disneybridein2k3
05-27-2009, 06:04 AM
:rotfl2:

Madi100
05-27-2009, 08:38 AM
I lost my distaste of Martinis :drinking1

Me too, except that yucky, icky dirty martini. Do you know what Dodie thought that thing tasted like?????

shellyminnie
05-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Me too, except that yucky, icky dirty martini. Do you know what Dodie thought that thing tasted like?????

Probably the same thing I was thinking . . . that was blech :sick:

jeanigor
05-27-2009, 09:34 AM

That would be inappropriate for a family message board!

Madi100
05-27-2009, 10:19 AM
That would be inappropriate for a family message board!

What? Didn't she just think they tasted like olives??? :confused3

shellyminnie
05-27-2009, 10:32 AM

Oh . . .:rotfl2: Yeah, I was thinking something NOT board friendly!! :happytv:

klam_chowder
05-27-2009, 10:38 AM

Oh no missy, you don't get off pretending to be an :angel: - I was there and heard what you REALLY said :rotfl2: :rotfl2:...TT as my witness! :rotfl::rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

jeanigor
05-27-2009, 10:44 AM

Oh no missy, you don't get off pretending to be an :angel: - I was there and heard what you REALLY said :rotfl2: :rotfl2:...TT as my witness! :rotfl::rotfl:

cheers,

Neener neener neener! Still pretending to be the goodie two shoes, Nicole? Miss Klam heard you, too!!!!

DVCsince02
05-27-2009, 10:46 AM
:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

firsttimemom
05-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Lindsay brought our dogs collars so she wouldn't miss them so much. They're either at the dolphin or mears. I've called both and they haven't turned up so I had to go out and get new collars and tags.

I thought I had lost a necklace DH had given me for christmas. DCL was GREAT about calling me back the next day (even to tell me they didn't find it). Turns out it was in my purse.

klam_chowder
05-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Oh the hijack is back on track? :rotfl:

In that case, DH only came back with one pair of swim trunks...I guess the other one wanted to enjoy some more Bob Marley at the pool :cool1: :rotfl2:

cheers,

Madi100
05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
Lindsay brought our dogs collars so she wouldn't miss them so much. They're either at the dolphin or mears. I've called both and they haven't turned up so I had to go out and get new collars and tags.

I thought I had lost a necklace DH had given me for christmas. DCL was GREAT about calling me back the next day (even to tell me they didn't find it). Turns out it was in my purse.

Darn it. I was hoping those turned up for you!

Madi100
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM

cheers,

Neener neener neener! Still pretending to be the goodie two shoes, Nicole? Miss Klam heard you, too!!!!

Okay, for the record, I never SAID what I thought it tasted like. You all just ASSUMED. Maybe it was an olive. I never knew a martini had olives. The ones I had were lemon and chocolate. :) Is this working at all for me????

dpuck1998
05-27-2009, 12:58 PM
Okay, for the record, I never SAID what I thought it tasted like. You all just ASSUMED. Maybe it was an olive. I never knew a martini had olives. The ones I had were lemon and chocolate. :) Is this working at all for me????

Assumed being the key word right?

Dodie
05-27-2009, 03:02 PM

AACCKKK!!! Nicole!!!! Don't you DARE try to pass this one off on me! I have witnesses (klam_chowder and jeanigor) who will verify that it was YOU little missy. You. Todd and I just read your mind. That's all!

L.E. Ott
05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
Everyone can place their dirty mantini on my table on the next cruise. IMO they did go a little heavy on the Vermouth, and not nearly salty enough.

katscradle
05-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Here you go. Marla came to the rescue. :) She originally gave me the number, and Cindy was very helpful on the line.

I phoned the # that marla posted, I just got an answering machine.
So I left my name and #.
However they did not call me back yet. So I am going to call again tomorrow.

maiziezoe
05-27-2009, 05:04 PM
I lost my un-Disney loving husband and brought home a guy who has talked non-stop about Disney and the cruise since we came home. All good things, too. :lovestruc

Tonya2426
05-27-2009, 05:32 PM
The only thing I lost on the cruise was sleep.

But I did "lose" two bottles of wine compliments of the Dolphin valet - does that count? :confused3 (Which reminds me, they have never followed up with me. Me thinks a phone call and a follow up letter is in order.) :rolleyes:

froggy5657
05-27-2009, 06:01 PM
I lost a few pounds running around delivering FE gifts!

calypso*a*go-go
05-27-2009, 06:25 PM
I lost a few pounds running around delivering FE gifts!

Unfortunately I found the pounds you lost...next time, please be more careful where you leave them! :rotfl:

jeanigor
05-27-2009, 08:58 PM

But I did "lose" two bottles of wine compliments of the Dolphin valet - does that count? :confused3 (Which reminds me, they have never followed up with me. Me thinks a phone call and a follow up letter is in order.) :rolleyes:

Indeed! You must have justice!

A.Mickey
05-28-2009, 12:21 AM
I lost my un-Disney loving husband and brought home a guy who has talked non-stop about Disney and the cruise since we came home. All good things, too. :lovestruc

Woo hoo!!! That is Great!!! Did he break down and get a membername and start posting yet?

I lost my name tag, only after the cruise. And we never did receive Jason's entree and our special desserts from Tritons :confused:. Hans told us they would all be sent to our room since Jason got sick from the escargot.:scared:

Tonya2426
05-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Indeed! You must have justice!

I need that and some satisfaction!!! :yay::rotfl2::cool1:

klam_chowder
05-28-2009, 09:18 AM

:thumbsup2

Sorry to hear this Tonya :sad2:...I heard the front side of the story I guess just when you arrived, but thought they found it since there weren't any more posts about it. Can't believe this happened :headache:

Unfortunately I found the pounds you lost...next time, please be more careful where you leave them! :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

cheers,

Madi100
05-28-2009, 09:27 AM
I need that and some satisfaction!!! :yay::rotfl2::cool1:

Let me know what you find out.

maiziezoe
05-28-2009, 09:48 AM
Woo hoo!!! That is Great!!! Did he break down and get a membername and start posting yet?

Not yet... but he keeps threatening to. :rotfl:

parrotheadlois
05-28-2009, 12:23 PM

Oh I hope you get John's lanyard back - some things are just irreplaceable!!1
Thanks so much for the maple syrup!! What a terrific FE gift!!!!
Lois (and Greg) Remember, we're the ones who saw you at the Studios on Sunday, the 16th. We were waiting for our fastpass time to play TSM one last time! Did you catch up with everyone at the Primetime Cafe??

calypso*a*go-go
05-28-2009, 12:33 PM

If you don't get the lanyard back I'd be happy to send you some replacement pins. :hug:

DVCsince02
05-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Love the new siggy Lisa!

calypso*a*go-go
05-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Love the new siggy Lisa!

Thanks Jen...I have to admit, I'm awfully fond of your cake as well! :thumbsup2

katscradle
05-28-2009, 05:08 PM

Tell him :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
We enjoyed meeting both of you! :)

katscradle
05-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh I hope you get John's lanyard back - some things are just irreplaceable!!1
Thanks so much for the maple syrup!! What a terrific FE gift!!!!
Lois (and Greg) Remember, we're the ones who saw you at the Studios on Sunday, the 16th. We were waiting for our fastpass time to play TSM one last time! Did you catch up with everyone at the Primetime Cafe??

Hey I remember that meeting very well.
How is Lois adjusting to not being pampered, or have you been a great DH and started turning down her bed and leaving her a chocolate on her pillow?:rotfl2::rotfl2:
I felt for her, b/c I was feeling the exact same way!:sad2:
We got to 50's prime time early and what a mess. :mad:
I will say that we had a group ressie for 24, we had 13 show up and they couldn't seat us together. So we left, and did a counter service which turned into a really great time. :banana:
Your welcome and I am glad you liked it. :)

katscradle
05-28-2009, 05:20 PM
If you don't get the lanyard back I'd be happy to send you some replacement pins. :hug:

I will keep that in mind. Thank you!
I talked to a very nice lady named Cindy today.
She said she would have a look and see, but does not remember seeing anything like that. John is just so upset about this. :sad1:
I blame myself for this as I was the one that put it on the bed beside his clothes while he was showering. I should have looked before we left the room. :sad2:

DH2maiziezoe
05-28-2009, 08:30 PM

Shanan :cheer2: I have arrived. :banana: First post to boot! :cool1:

DH2maiziezoe
05-28-2009, 08:32 PM
Tell him :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
We enjoyed meeting both of you! :)

I had a blast hanging with you on deck4 ..:cool1: you guys are awesome!
:banana: I hear a party rumblin in 563 days! :cheer2:

klam_chowder
05-28-2009, 08:34 PM
Stuff happens...no one is to blame :hug: If by chance you don't get it back, just think of the person who has it...they must have REALLY needed the extra pixie dust and all the happiness and enjoyment you have given them :angel:

Of course if John sees the perp in the park :furious:, I see the hoser ending up looking like :crazy2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know it's a bummer and hope it finds it's way back to you :goodvibes

cheers,

lttlmc3
05-28-2009, 09:05 PM
I lost my pajamas! :scared1:

A.Mickey
05-28-2009, 10:19 PM
Woo hoo!! :yay: Welcome Tom! :cool2:

Stuff happens...no one is to blame :hug: If by chance you don't get it back, just think of the person who has it...they must have REALLY needed the extra pixie dust and all the happiness and enjoyment you have given them :angel:

Of course if John sees the perp in the park :furious:, I see the hoser ending up looking like :crazy2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I know it's a bummer and hope it finds it's way back to you :goodvibes

cheers,

Karen you are so funny!! And John your pins were really cool, I hope you get them back or at least replacement ones. Lisa that is sooo nice of you to send him replacement pins. :hug: And I love what you did with the logo in the names thats cool! :woohoo:

calypso*a*go-go
05-28-2009, 11:55 PM
Karen you are so funny!! And John your pins were really cool, I hope you get them back or at least replacement ones. Lisa that is sooo nice of you to send him replacement pins. :hug: And I love what you did with the logo in the names thats cool! :woohoo:

Thanks Shanan!

Launchpad11B
05-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Love the new siggy Lisa!

Thanks Shanan!

Hey Lisa, did I take that photo of you guys in your new signature?

katscradle
05-30-2009, 02:15 PM

Hey welcome!!! :welcome::welcome::welcome:
Glad you decided to join us. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

katscradle
05-30-2009, 02:35 PM
I had a blast hanging with you on deck4 ..:cool1: you guys are awesome!
:banana: I hear a party rumblin in 563 days! :cheer2:

We did too! :yay::woohoo:
Are you going on the second cruise? Please say yes!:)

calypso*a*go-go
05-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Hey Lisa, did I take that photo of you guys in your new signature?

Yep...you are our official photographer! (Thanks!) :thumbsup2

aspen37
05-30-2009, 06:48 PM

I was hoping that I left a bag of stuff here at home. Well, I didn't. I lost my ipod, Bose Noise Reduction Headphone, and new apple earbuds! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

calypso*a*go-go
05-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I was hoping that I left a bag of stuff here at home. Well, I didn't. I lost my ipod, Bose Noise Reduction Headphone, and new apple earbuds! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: :sad1: :sad1: :sad1:

Anna -- I'm so sorry! Do you think you left them on the ship, or maybe the bus?

Launchpad11B
05-30-2009, 08:15 PM
Yep...you are our official photographer! (Thanks!) :thumbsup2

I thought I recognized the genius of the photographer! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Tonya2426
05-30-2009, 08:25 PM

Ouch!!! That is painful!!! Is loss of stuff on a trip covered by trip insurance? (Never looked into the issue but thought I would bring it up.)

spaddy
05-30-2009, 08:46 PM

That stinks. Did you realize you didn't have them on the trip?:sad2:

aspen37
05-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Anna -- I'm so sorry! Do you think you left them on the ship, or maybe the bus?
I'm not sure where I lost the bag. The last place I saw it was in the airport coming to WDW.

Ouch!!! That is painful!!! Is loss of stuff on a trip covered by trip insurance? (Never looked into the issue but thought I would bring it up.)

That's a good question. I'll have to call DCL. Thanks for the thought Tonya.

That stinks. Did you realize you didn't have them on the trip?:sad2:
I did not even look till I was on the plane going to Las Vegas. I had a shoe box in my carry-on with all of my electronics in it and I never looked for those items. I was hoping that I was mistaken and didn't really see it at the airport coming to WDW.

I wanted a new ipod but I did not want to have to lose the old. The noise reduction headphones really sucks. They were very costly.

spaddy
05-30-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm not sure where I lost the bag. The last place I saw it was in the airport coming to WDW.

I did not even look till I was on the plane going to Las Vegas. I had a shoe box in my carry-on with all of my electronics in it and I never looked for those items. I was hoping that I was mistaken and didn't really see it at the airport coming to WDW.

I wanted a new ipod but I did not want to have to lose the old. The noise reduction headphones really sucks. They were very costly.

I hope you have luck finding all of it. That does really suck.

DVCsince02
05-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Good luck finding your stuff Anna.

kab407
05-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Good luck Anna. I hope you find your things.

cocowum
05-31-2009, 10:59 AM

:hug: I hope you find your stuff Anna. :hug:

katscradle
05-31-2009, 12:01 PM

Hey Anna sorry to hear this.. :hug:
That's going to cost to replace, ouch! :sad2:

aGoofyMom
05-31-2009, 03:16 PM
I hope everyone can get some stuff back!

We didn't technically lose anything, but will have to replace 2 suitcases. The Disney ones in fact! They didn't survive the exuberant shoving into the car at the Port once we were back. If they weren't in questionable shape from the last trip, I might complain. Instead it is just shoddy merchandise. That in itself will teach me to pack better, and buy fewer souvenirs...they were both suitcases bought on property to get everything back home.

On the upside for me - a new Samsonite Outlet just opened - I can check it out before the next trip!

pershing
06-05-2009, 12:10 PM
2 sets of flip flops. One which I just bought for my son onboard. A water bottle and Disneyworld cooler holder thing, and an EPCOT hat we've hat for years, which was passed down from the oldest DS to the youngest.

I really miss the hat the most actually. It has history with us!

guynwdm
06-05-2009, 04:15 PM

Sorry about that Anna,

I lost my suitcase at the port. Fortunately I did not put anything too irreplacable in it. Disney found it at the airport (no idea how it went there) and sent it back to me at Saratoga via magical express. (I got it by the evening) The best thing I lost was some work stress. All the laughter and fun wiped that out and seems to have had quite a nice carryover. I think my coworkers have a secret pool of how long my disney happy :cloud9: will last and crazy work thing will get me all stressed out again.

LMO429
06-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I didn't lose it but I left the disunplugged podcast magnet that was supplied with the gift bag on the door of our stateroom :headache: Im so mad about that

Becx N Gav
06-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Oh no, that's really sad :sad1:

parrotheadlois
07-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I didn't lose it but I left the disunplugged podcast magnet that was supplied with the gift bag on the door of our stateroom :headache: Im so mad about that

Oh, ask them. Maybe they have more on hand.

Since this thread started, has ANYONE been reunited with their lost items??? Seems like there should have been a lot of stuff in lost and found.