PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Moderates

ghidorah97
06-16-2002, 08:48 PM
Hello all! I've been lurking on the board for a few weeks now and have gathered some fantastic information from all the great posts. Since DW and I will be traveling to WDW for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival this year, I thought that I'd ask for a few recommendations on the Moderate resorts.

For our last trip, we stayed at the WL and absolutely loved it. This time, however, DW insisted that I be budget conscious (especially since we are staying 10 days), so I'm comparing the Moderates.

We are the type of people who tend to spend very little time actually at the room, so ease of getting to the parks (Epcot & MGM most importantly) is a major consideration. Are any of the moderates within walking distance to those parks?

Other than park-convenience, we're basically looking for clean, comfortable rooms with a quiet atmosphere. DW seems to prefer the design/decor of POR & POFQ, but I'd love to get some feedback before making the final decision. Thanks in advance for any advice!

hellokitty
06-16-2002, 09:04 PM
No, you cannot walk to any parks from the moderates, but the
buses will take you there.

We have stayed at the CBR and the PO Riverside, and loved them both. I liked Por better, though. It has a much cleaner and bigger food court area, and the grounds are beautiful!! The rooms are the same except for decor.

As for the buses, I found both resort to have about the same service. It is luck of the draw some hate the buses some love it!
It depends on what day or driver you get as to how well the service is...

We toured the PO French quarter and found it to have an extremely small food court and not the same feeling we got at the riverside. Although some people love the smaller feel we prefere the gorgeous atmosphere of the outdoors at the riverside. (lots of trees, bushes, flowers, ducks and bunnies)

http://www.ourlaughingplace.com/asp/rescc/costcalc.asp?pageFunction=researcher&resId=DL&submit1=go%21
try this for pictures

I hope I have helped some, if you have any questions ask away.
We have also stayed in the contemporary, WL , Poly, All stars,
and off site....so I have a good perspective on lodging.
goodluck in your decison

Kermit
06-17-2002, 07:39 AM
We've stayed at POFQ twice and CBR once. I like POFQ the most. I do think that the level of service, cleanliness, etc. is the same at all of the resorts. POFQ is the smallest, which we enjoy. It's never a long walk, and the walk is absolutely beautiful. I didn't like the food court before, but they've changed it since the resort was reopened, and I do like the new way they have it. Also, at POFQ you'll always have a seat on the bus since it's the first stop.

ghidorah97
06-17-2002, 08:35 AM
Thank you very much for the info! We've been leaning heavily toward POR or POFQ but I was a little scared by some of the bus complaints.

I'm rather taken with the Mansion area of POR -- anyone know if those buildings are non-smoking?

Thanks again! :D

Disneyolic
06-17-2002, 09:23 AM
We have stayed at both CBR and POR and loved them both. We stayed at POR during Epcot Food & Wine Festival. The bldg we stayed in was nonsmoking (Parterre Place) and we had a standard room. We really loved the atmosphere of the mansions. I agree that the food court is better at POR.

You will love the Festival. We ate and drank ourselves around the world.

josierac
06-17-2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by ghidorah97
Thank you very much for the info! We've been leaning heavily toward POR or POFQ but I was a little scared by some of the bus complaints.

I'm rather taken with the Mansion area of POR -- anyone know if those buildings are non-smoking?

Thanks again! :D

In the Mansion section - Oak Manor is the smoking optional building all the others are non smoking.

hellokitty
06-17-2002, 12:13 PM
our room in magnolia section was non smoking and near the bridge and bus stop as well

bldg. 85

stanley
06-17-2002, 12:53 PM
we have stayed at pofq and riverside. both are excellent but pofq is our fave after wl. the hotel is small and all buildings arer close to the front desk,food court, etc. there is only one bus stop and it is shared with riverside-you are first on, first off being at pofq. we always like the intimacy of pofq but have nothing against riverside except if you get a section on the outer areas which makes for long walks.

Buzz2001
06-17-2002, 01:18 PM
CSR is an awesome moderate. Check out my site below

Good luck deciding and have a great trip!

ghidorah97
06-17-2002, 07:18 PM
Thanks again for all the info.

We've decided to go with POR. The trees and shade and design of the Manor Homes definitely fit best with our style. Disneyolic, I simply can't wait to enjoy the F&W Festival. I will taste test myself silly all week long!! :p

Beanie
06-17-2002, 07:40 PM
The only Moderate I have stayed at is CBR and I loved it!! We stayed in Martinique, which was only a short distance to the Food Court and Main pool! Our room was right outside one of the quiet pools...I really enjoyed my stay there and hope to go back soon! :)