PDA

View Full Version : POFQ room requests

annie2871
06-16-2002, 05:51 PM
We will be arriving at POFQ on June 25 and so I am needing to fax in my room request later this week. What is the best room to request and is it too late to request a non-smoking room? I forgot all about doing that when we made the reservations. This is our first triip to WDW and I want it to be very special for my kids, so therefore I would like to get one of the best rooms available. Thanks for your help.

swclark
06-17-2002, 09:46 AM
The rooms are all basically the same.. the price difference is in the views.. standard (parking lots, walkways), garden or water (river and pool). The way we used to decide when the kids were little, was how far away from food/bus stop (and how many stairs at the end of the day). We have stayed in many of the buildings and even the ones that seem the farthest away are not that far. We like bulidngs 5 and 3 because they are close to everything, but not noisy. We have also stayed in buildings 1 and 6 (and I think 4)...and they were fine. The lower (first level) floors will potentially get more foot traffic (depending on where the room is). If you are looking for less foot traffic then the "back" of the buildings would probably be best as not as many people would walk by your room. We never had an issue with the foot traffic as we didn't really spend all that much time in the rooms :)

Lainy67
06-17-2002, 09:49 AM
We were in building 1 several years ago facing the parking lot on level two and we got a lot of foot traffic. I think it was because a lot of people with cars requested that area. We didn't have a car, so it was a little annoying to be there, but hey... it was Disney.

eeyore0062
06-17-2002, 11:43 AM
No, it is not too late to request non smoking... Most of the buildings are non smoking anyway! The smoking buildings at PO-FQ are 2 and the 3rd floor of building 6.

If you want to be close to the pool, then request building 5. If being close to the food court and bus stop is important to you, request building 4... this is also convenient to the spa, but doesn't have a water view, only garden and parking lot.

Have a great time!:)

Carrieberry
06-17-2002, 05:54 PM
We requested building 5 and loved it. We had requested either five or two, and we sent in a typed request, but had our six year old son dictate it to us. It sounded really cute! We got everything we asked for. The building, the floor and side of building. Good luck!

Be sure not to fax until three days before!

swclark
06-18-2002, 07:39 AM
why is everyone faxing information before? We always make our requests when we make the reservations ... is there something I don't know???

Carrieberry
06-18-2002, 11:52 AM
Sometimes requests don't make it to the resort. Their computer screen only holds so much info and there have been instances where requests have been cut off and the resort never sees them. Just to be safe, we (at the suggestion of these boards) started faxing requests a few years ago and have always had good luck with it. The resorts don't get the information downloaded into their systems until three days before your arrival to allow for cancellations and changes, but once they have it, a brief faxing of requests lets them know that it is important to you that they try to fufill them. We have only ever requested specific buildings, and we always try to give them two to choose from. People seem to have good luck doing this.

swclark
06-18-2002, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the info!