PDA

View Full Version : What attraction are you most looking forward to?

KCmike
05-23-2009, 11:42 AM
Which attraction are you most looking forward to?

PetitePixy
05-23-2009, 12:11 PM
The Litte Mermaid dark ride, definitely!

Leshaface
05-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Cars is one of my fav movies!

Star Tours 2.0?

PinkBudgie
05-23-2009, 01:04 PM
It was a tough choice between Cars and Mermaid. But I picked Mermaid. Cars is a close second! :)

50sjayne
05-23-2009, 01:17 PM
I chose world of color. I'm that kind of person I guess and the others seem too far out to get excited about.

DLR29
05-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Cars is one of my fav movies!

Star Tours 2.0?

It's been almost confirmed that next year Star Tours is getting a brand new movie to replace the original one.

Leshaface
05-23-2009, 03:04 PM
It's been almost confirmed that next year Star Tours is getting a brand new movie to replace the original one.

It's about dang time! That's sooo exciting!!!:thumbsup2

l’amore bella
05-23-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm looking forward to the Little Mermaid dark ride.

Grumpy'sWife4Ever
05-23-2009, 07:33 PM
I voted for Carsland, but more truthfully my answer is "all of the above!" :thumbsup2

Leshaface
05-23-2009, 11:18 PM
I voted for Carsland, but more truthfully my answer is "all of the above!" :thumbsup2

Haha me too! My husband and I were just talking about taking a random car trip in september, and we're thinking about portland! How's the weather in late sept?

Grumpy'sWife4Ever
05-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Haha me too! My husband and I were just talking about taking a random car trip in september, and we're thinking about portland! How's the weather in late sept?

I probably shouldn't divulge this....;)...but one of Oregon's best kept secrets is our AMAZING September weather. Our true summer starts on Labor day and extends to almost Halloween. Portland is a really fun town, too. :thumbsup2

mechurchlady
05-24-2009, 12:38 AM
Carsland for sure as it will be three new rides, ADA bathrooms, and state of the art kitchens that should have yummy foods. A whole new land.

Then comes the Mermaid ride.

Then World of Color

And last and least is Star Tours.

I want to see the new restaurant that is replacing McDonalds.

Waiting on the reopening of Harbor Gallery also.

I will ride Star Tours once or twice at most.

3Minnies1Mickey
05-24-2009, 12:46 AM
I know nothing about any of them. Anyone care to share info?

DLR29
05-24-2009, 02:29 AM
I know nothing about any of them. Anyone care to share info?

Just a brief summary of each:

Carsland (opening 2012): Will be a whole new land in DCA with 3 rides. One will be called Radiator Springs Racers and will be an updated version of Epcot's Test Track style ride, but themed after the Cars movie. There is also going to be 2 smaller rides called Luigi's Flying Tires (think hovering bumper car type vehicles shaped like tires) and Tow Mater's Junkard Jamboree (not sure yet what kind of ride, but based on the artwork it looks to be an outdoor track ride).

World of Color (opening Spring 2010): Will be a nighttime show at DCA on the Paradise Bay. It's supposed to be on par or better than Fantasmic!

Little Mermaid darkride (opening 2011): Will be a large-scale dark ride in DCA with an amazing exterior. The ride vehicles will be similar to the Haunted Mansion in that they are on a constantly moving conveyor belt type ride and the actual cars will be shaped like seashells. The audio has been rumored to be spectacular and the Audio Animatronics too (Ariel's hair is its own animatronic)

Star Tours 2.0 (opening 2010): Will be a new movie replacing the original (and outdated) Star Tours movie that is currently playing.

Here are some artwork pieces of the first three:

Overview of Carsland:
http://daddydan.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/carsland.bmp

Radiator Springs Racers:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OO7WbmARD08/R4GNL9zpmHI/AAAAAAAAE2w/ofZTzr7rI68/s400/cars%2B3.jpg

Luigi's Roaming Tires:
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-11/33663515.jpg

Tow Mater's Junkyard Jamboree:
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-11/33782942.jpg

World of Color:
http://www.anaheimoc.org/client_upload/images/dcaworldcolor.JPG

And The Little Mermaid dark ride:
http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2007-11/33612081.jpg

mechurchlady
05-24-2009, 02:45 AM
http://www.mouseinfo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87853
That is a lengthy discussion on the Tow Mater ride.

It will be an outdoor ride on a track where at some points the ride vehicle veers out of control. This is a hard subject to find pictures or information on.

WDWtraveler27
05-24-2009, 02:54 AM
that was a hard one

Sherry E
05-25-2009, 03:54 PM
Without question or hesitation, the Little Mermaid ride is top of my list. That is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies and soundtracks, and I think it, along with TSMM, will be among my favorite rides at DCA. I can see that the line for it will be ridiculously hideous, but if TSMM's line has managed to kind of become reasonable in under a year, hopefully the same will happen with the Little Mermaid ride too.

I am one of those kooky folks who actually likes Star Tours - still - but let me clarify that the reason is because I don't go on it often anymore. For a while, in the late '80s and early '90s, my friends and I rode it a lot, but then I was away from DLR for a few years and when I returned, we didn't go on it. I didn't have a chance to burn out on it too much like everyone else has. So basically, from 1995 up until 2008, I didn't ride Star Tours at all (all of my friends who used to ride it confessed that it made them ill). Finally, last year, one friend agreed to go on it and I made my grand return to Star Tours and still enjoyed it! So I will be happy with a new film replacing the old one, but I would still enjoy it even with the old film, just because I haven't had a chance to really get sick of it.

And about Carsland - I do not have kids and who questions the implementation of Carsland over, say, a Toyland or a Monsterland or a Nemoland or whatever (there are a few of us out there). I like the movie but it is not my favorite of the Pixar collection and it does not hold the same magic for me as some of the other movies. That said, I will keep an open mind and give it a chance. I always like it when DLR adds new lands (I am also one of those kooky people who loves ToonTown!) or rides of any kind because it breathes new life into the park(s) and provides additional places to search for Hidden Mickeys, eat, shop and soak in some of those fantastic Disney details we all love. So if nothing else, I may scoff at the idea of Carsland, but I will be there, looking for Hidden Mickeys and clever little nuances and details, and taking pictures.

I also HOPE that the possible reimagining of the People Mover with a WALL-E or Incredibles theme is something that comes to fruition. I think that would be fantastic!

daisy2jae
05-26-2009, 02:52 PM
my DD 4 loves Little Mermaid. When you ask her who her favorite princess is she says Little Mermaid instead of Ariel. I hope some day we'll make it back to see it. My son loves Cars... I'll just have to keep nagging my DH to go back in the future!

spacemermaid
05-27-2009, 01:18 AM
It was difficult to choose, but...Little Mermaid, followed by the new & improved Star Tours!

How cool would Doom Buggies/Atommobiles in a seashell shape be?!?

And Star Tours, much as I still love it (I heart Star Wars + I got to go on the ride the week it opened...the line was down Main Street!), really, really needs to be updated.

auntiegem
05-27-2009, 02:03 AM
Mermaid -- for sentimental reasons. At one time I knew every single word of that movie (and not because I had kids that watched it nonstop). It pretty much reached cult-movie status with my friends when we were in college.

lntsmom
05-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Okay, I've been a Star Wars fan forever. I saw the original...in the theater...over 40 times. It's genetic, I guess, since both my boys are major Star Wars geeks. I'm good if it involves movies 4 - 6. They can tell you about all 6 movies...the books...the cartoon series...the Lego toys...lol!

Last summer was the first time my kids were ready for the "big" rides. We LOVED Star Tours. In fact, the one regret we had when we got home was that we only rode it once! I'm glad we'll get to ride it again this summer...and that then, on our next trip, it will be updated.

My boys ar a bit old for Cars Land...and as for the girlie stuff, nah, no attraction at all. Come on Star Tours!!!

lntsmom
05-27-2009, 10:02 AM
How cool would Doom Buggies/Atommobiles in a seashell shape be?!?

Just curious, are they using the same design as the Nemo ride at WDW? They are seashell shaped buggies! I haven't seen any designs for the new ride, but now I'm curious!

zeitzeuge
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
It was a tough decision. I'm excited to see them all except for Star Wars Tour 2.0. If I had to pic, I'd say WOC. After seeing all the work that is going on in the Pier, it looks like it's going to be amazing. I'm all about water shows.

Judy from Boise
05-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Absolutely WoC ! One of the main reasons I migrate to WDW is nightly shows year round. We see one every night (and do EEMH but that is a different topic!) . Since we like to travel off peak DLR gives us the one two punch of limited PM hours, and often no shows at all except for weekends. If they did WOC nightly year round that would be a deal clincher for us.

KCmike
06-10-2009, 09:49 PM
Little Mermaid.

AmericanItGirl
06-10-2009, 11:09 PM
(Ariel's hair is its own animatronic)

That'll be cool to see. Little Mermaid ride, fo' sho'.

pixiewings71
06-11-2009, 02:37 PM
Okay, I've been a Star Wars fan forever. I saw the original...in the theater...over 40 times. It's genetic, I guess, since both my boys are major Star Wars geeks. I'm good if it involves movies 4 - 6. They can tell you about all 6 movies...the books...the cartoon series...the Lego toys...lol!

Last summer was the first time my kids were ready for the "big" rides. We LOVED Star Tours. In fact, the one regret we had when we got home was that we only rode it once! I'm glad we'll get to ride it again this summer...and that then, on our next trip, it will be updated.

My boys ar a bit old for Cars Land...and as for the girlie stuff, nah, no attraction at all. Come on Star Tours!!!

Am I a nerd if I admit that we've seen Star Trek 4 times in the theater already and we want to go back AGAIN? lol

I voted for World of Color, I can't wait to see that!!! But truth is, I'm equally stoked about them all. I am very much looking forward to the Little Mermaid ride, Cars is a majorly favorite movie in our house so we are all excited for that one and if they do update the Star Tours movie we will be sure to ride that too!! Woo Hoo!!!

skiingfast
01-17-2011, 11:31 PM
Haveing seen WoC and enjoying it very much I still want to see Carsland and enjoy watching the progress of the Cadillac Range going up at the back of the park.

alivingxerox
01-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Definitely carsland I think my son is going to love it, and I think I will enjoy it also.

Gisele
01-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Where is the actual poll? Or did I miss it? TIA

skiingfast
01-18-2011, 02:14 AM
Where is the actual poll? Or did I miss it? TIA

On the front page.

Gisele
01-18-2011, 02:22 AM
I had already looked there. Still am not seeing it, for some weird reason!

skiingfast
01-18-2011, 02:32 AM
I had already looked there. Still am not seeing it, for some weird reason!

Really not at the top of the thread on page one?

superme80
01-18-2011, 02:57 AM
Hands down Little Mermaid. Trying to convince DH that we need to go this fall so I can ride it...I mean to take the kids! :lmao:

FlameGirl
01-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Any story on why they didn't make the Little Mermaid a flume ride? That seems like a no-brainer to me, but what do I know? :lmao:

Goofy_Mom
01-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Any story on why they didn't make the Little Mermaid a flume ride? That seems like a no-brainer to me, but what do I know? :lmao:

I believe it was originally going to be a flume ride, but they changed it to an omnimover to make the line move faster.

FlameGirl
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I believe it was originally going to be a flume ride, but they changed it to an omnimover to make the line move faster.

Ah, makes sense. Although I am a bit disappointed...but faster moving lines is good too. Thanks.

skiingfast
01-18-2011, 07:23 PM

I've heard rumors of a flume ride going into DL in the furture. But I really think DCA is going to get crowded in the next couple years and I'm glad they are adding a fast loading ride with LMAUA.

MrsPinup
01-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Little Mermaid! I used to watch that movie so much my mom banned me from it. Then I started walking around reciting it word-for-word, song-for-song, until she was tired of my rendition and allowed me to watch the movie again. :rotfl: