PDA

View Full Version : Precruise Meet Suggestion

Madi100
05-22-2009, 10:56 AM
I have a suggestion WAY in advance. But, hello, we're all a bunch of planto ners. The Poly meet was great. For 2.0, I think it would be super to have the meet on the Boardwalk. I think a lot of people stay in that area anyway, and it's a little better lit.

DVCsince02
05-22-2009, 11:45 AM
I like it. We can watch Illuminations from the bridge.

Launchpad11B
05-22-2009, 12:02 PM
I have a suggestion WAY in advance. But, hello, we're all a bunch of planto ners. The Poly meet was great. For 2.0, I think it would be super to have the meet on the Boardwalk. I think a lot of people stay in that area anyway, and it's a little better lit.

Your post so you're in charge! Those are the rules. Great idea. :thumbsup2

DVCsince02
05-22-2009, 12:04 PM

:lmao::thumbsup2

jeanigor
05-22-2009, 12:10 PM

:happytv::happytv::happytv:

Becx N Gav
05-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Sounds good to me :thumbsup2

I think having most people staying around the BW area was a great idea, we'll be using points for the resort this time (we'd already banked them for this use year!) and will hopefully get BC villas :goodvibes Although it is very tempting to try for BLT :rolleyes1 Maybe a split stay :confused3

shellyminnie
05-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I :love: the Boardwalk idea!!! It was so hard to talk to people when you couldn't see them!! :happytv:

Yvet
05-22-2009, 12:26 PM
We are in.....
Doesn't matter where, we will be there.

tickledtink33
05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Sounds good to me. :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
05-22-2009, 01:06 PM
I :love: the Boardwalk idea!!! It was so hard to talk to people when you couldn't see them!! :happytv:

As I was still on UK time (we got in Fri night) I was totally exhaused after waking up at 3.30am - wide awake :scared1: and then I couldn't make people out in the dark and have a terrible memory anyway :rotfl:

Plus there are more places to get drinks and a few more food choices so we shouldn't overwhelm the bar staff (despite pre-warning them :sad2:) and I won't get sand everywhere :rolleyes:

mikelan6
05-22-2009, 01:07 PM
Will there be food and drink involved?

Count me in too.

CDolacki2003
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
We will be staying at the Poly for the week before the cruise, so anywhere is fine by us. Oh I can't wait.

robind
05-22-2009, 01:14 PM

I like the way you think.

I'm there, by the time I got to the dole whip machine, they were crappy !!! I think I heard Todd broke the machine.:scared1:

georgemoe
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Nice idea Nicole! ::yes::

Becx N Gav
05-22-2009, 01:18 PM

I'm there, by the time I got to the dole whip machine, they were crappy !!! I think I heard Todd broke the machine.:scared1:

Greg also pulled a little too hard and we had to get a CM to fix it :rotfl: Then Yvet couldn't seem to get any out :lmao: I think they need a tutorial before you help yourself ;)

tiggerbell
05-22-2009, 01:23 PM

It's okay, Todd - I got your back... as you can all plainly see in Exhibits A & B, the machine was not working properly when Todd approached said machine...

EXHIBIT A: TODD

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43367%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D32348%3A%3A%3B85324nu0mrj

EXHIBIT B: ROB

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43364%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D32348%3A%3A%3B87324nu0mrj

Madi100
05-22-2009, 01:27 PM

Crap, is it too late to delete this thread??

I think I can handle being in charge of something. :)

Renysmom
05-22-2009, 01:49 PM
We are so in.. My favorite show in all of WDW is Holiday Illuminations...

I can't possibly think of a better way to watch it that will all of my DIS Friends who get it!!!

ADP
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Just a suggestion, but how about meeting outside the Boardwalk Bakery?
Baked goods inside! CAKE!!!
For those looking for adult beverages ESPN Club is right next door. Just sayin'!

DVCsince02
05-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Nice tags Yvet!

chickie
05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
Great idea, Nicole! Sounds good to me!

jeanigor
05-22-2009, 01:57 PM
It's okay, Todd - I got your back... as you can all plainly see in Exhibits A & B, the machine was not working properly when Todd approached said machine...

All you had to do was pump it right....

cocowum
05-22-2009, 02:53 PM
We're in and up for anything! :dance3:

kimisabella
05-22-2009, 03:33 PM
Just a suggestion, but how about meeting outside the Boardwalk Bakery?
Baked goods inside! CAKE!!!
For those looking for adult beverages ESPN Club is right next door. Just sayin'!

Then someone should alert the bakery to be working overtime on providing enough cake for this group!!

Great idea Nicole!

dpuck1998
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM

So I've heard :rolleyes1

DVCsince02
05-22-2009, 04:13 PM
I love :cake:

;)

calypso*a*go-go
05-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Hmmm...I think I might actually have some DVC points to use by then. (I'm borrowed to Infinity and Beyond!!!).

Madi100
05-22-2009, 05:51 PM

Wow, you guys must have done something on the cruise that I missed out on.

kab407
05-22-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm in.
Thanks for organizing this Nicole:thumbsup2:lmao:

k5jmh
05-22-2009, 06:54 PM
:darth: I like it!!

robind
05-22-2009, 08:03 PM

All you had to do was pump it right....

Well that must explain my problem.

Disneybridein2k3
05-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Crap, is it too late to delete this thread??

I think I can handle being in charge of something. :)
Give yourself some credit Nicole - you are in charge of your husband, no?

georgemoe
05-23-2009, 08:14 AM

Wow, you guys must have done something on the cruise that I missed out on.

I believe you are forgetting the swing incident. :lmao:

Madi100
05-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Give yourself some credit Nicole - you are in charge of your husband, no?

I'm actually usually in charge of more things than I'm not. It's a character flaw :)

pershing
05-23-2009, 03:06 PM
Sounds great!

I'd also like to do the Atrium Ice show thing at Gaylord Palms! Isn't it open then? I forget!

I'm not sure how big a group can go through together, but that would be awesome.

TSWJan78
05-23-2009, 03:08 PM
We could also shoot for a candelight processional meet!!

jeanigor
05-23-2009, 09:11 PM

Since PCC 2.0 is around the holidays, I would like to see about attending a MVMCP, a Candlelight Processional (dinner package), as well as check out the resorts for their decor. Besides meeting with all the other crazy DIS'ers and hitting the parks. And another go at DATW? Maybe George won't leave poor Deb in a foreign country next time.....

robind
05-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Since PCC 2.0 is around the holidays, I would like to see about attending a MVMCP, a Candlelight Processional (dinner package), as well as check out the resorts for their decor. Besides meeting with all the other crazy DIS'ers and hitting the parks. And another go at DATW? Maybe George won't leave poor Deb in a foreign country next time.....

I am up for all of that - especially candlelight.

Renysmom
05-24-2009, 07:12 AM

I would think that would be very hard to pull off as it it such a hot ticket to get into and I am sure this group will be huge.

How about Osborn Lights??

georgemoe
05-24-2009, 07:51 AM

All good ideas Todd.

Maybe a DATW leash for Georgemoe is in order. ;)

Launchpad11B
05-24-2009, 08:27 AM

Your idea, your responsibility to organize!! You know the rules young man! :rotfl: Great idea by the way. :thumbsup2

CinderellasSister
05-24-2009, 10:16 AM
I would think that would be very hard to pull off as it it such a hot ticket to get into and I am sure this group will be huge.

How about Osborn Lights??

I think you may be right, the CP may be too hard to organize to try to get everyone ADR's for the same date and time. Osbourne Lights would be simpler, and that would be a GREAT group photo!

tiggerbell
05-24-2009, 10:33 AM
It's so early to plan, but looking at a calender - I will probably do the same thing I did this last time - fly out the Friday morning before the cruise and stay until the Saturday afternoon after the cruise - the rates change the night of the 18th, so staying Saturday night after would be costly.

6 days off of work... cough, cough... I get 7 sick days... maybe come down Thursday morning??? ;)

yitbos96bb
05-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Hmmm...I think I might actually have some DVC points to use by then. (I'm borrowed to Infinity and Beyond!!!).

Yeah I know the feeling :-)

yitbos96bb
05-24-2009, 03:17 PM
We are in.

OKW Lover
05-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Val & I will be there - whatever gets decided. :thumbsup2

aspen37
05-24-2009, 03:53 PM

I'm in for all of that. Start working on the new grid.:goodvibes

It's so early to plan, but looking at a calender - I will probably do the same thing I did this last time - fly out the Friday morning before the cruise and stay until the Saturday afternoon after the cruise - the rates change the night of the 18th, so staying Saturday night after would be costly.

6 days off of work... cough, cough... I get 7 sick days... maybe come down Thursday morning??? ;)

I will be there for 8 days prior to the cruise with some of my family. So if anyone comes down very early I'll be there.

aspen37
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM
Count me in Nicole. Thanks for doing this.:goodvibes

tlcoke
05-24-2009, 06:35 PM
Count me in, I plan on coming in the week before. I will know my dates after October, when I plan on booking a bounceback rate.

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Count us in too!!! We can not wait to participate in things. The dolewhip meet up was a blast so I can only imagine.:goodvibes

klam_chowder
05-24-2009, 07:50 PM

You're killing me!!! :laughing: We were going to head to the "other parks" for this trip but reading all this :headache: ...I :love: doing all that stuff cuz Christmas at Disney is Magical! :santa: MVMCP has been on my wish list :scratchin

I keep telling myself it's too far in advance to plan anything, then I read this wonderful tidbit of info and feel the need to start plotting :lmao:

cheers,
:flower3:

dpuck1998
05-24-2009, 07:51 PM

I would love to do CP for sure! I never want to drag the kids to it, so since we are going kidless, it would be a great time to go.

klam_chowder
05-24-2009, 07:51 PM
TT & Forgetful George: :love: your new tags! :rotfl2:

cheers,

TSWJan78
05-24-2009, 07:52 PM

Not sure what your work schedule is but we alwyas try and fly in on the last flight Thursday night so we leave after work abd don't waste a day traveling.... Just our stragerty though

3guysandagal
05-25-2009, 12:26 AM
You just know we are in, right? :goodvibes

It's a given....

tiggerbell
05-25-2009, 01:08 AM
Not sure what your work schedule is but we alwyas try and fly in on the last flight Thursday night so we leave after work abd don't waste a day traveling.... Just our stragerty though

Hmmm... more to think about - thanks! :goodvibes Let's see - that would give me a ful first day instead of only a partly first day... all for the price of about $100 for the hotel... :rolleyes1

robind
05-25-2009, 10:41 AM
I think you may be right, the CP may be too hard to organize to try to get everyone ADR's for the same date and time. Osbourne Lights would be simpler, and that would be a GREAT group photo!

I don't know, not everyone needs to have the same ADR times, there are groups of times where you get "tickets" to the same showing of Candlelight. We could do something similar to what we did for breakfast this time.

They do require a credit card to reserve, so people would have to be willing to commit.

jeanigor
05-25-2009, 10:54 AM
I think trying to get the whole group at a single Candlelight would be a logistical nightmare!
And part of the reason for having the Unofficial Pre Cruise meet at a resort is so everyone can come and not have to worry about buying a park ticket for the day.

CinderellasSister
05-25-2009, 10:57 AM
I think trying to get the whole group at a single Candlelight would be a logistical nightmare!
And part of the reason for having the Unofficial Pre Cruise meet at a resort is so everyone can come and not have to worry about buying a park ticket for the day.

On that note then, I think the Boardwalk suggestion would be the way to go.

cocowum
05-25-2009, 10:57 AM

Todd, the next time I see you I want a Todd kiss pic!!! :woohoo::laughing::love:

Becx N Gav
05-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Todd, the next time I see you I want a Todd kiss pic!!! :woohoo::laughing::love:

Me too! We should get enough to fill a whole thread :cool1: (shouldn't be to hard ;))

jeanigor
05-25-2009, 11:08 AM

Me too! We should get enough to fill a whole thread :cool1: (shouldn't be to hard ;))

Its a promise!

Dodie
05-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I know that I'm late to this thread too - but I LOVE this idea. We'd never stayed in this area until this year when we stayed at BWV post-cruise. It's so open and light and there are so many places to gather. It would be cool to take over the bridge and watch Illuminations too.

Madi100
05-25-2009, 05:50 PM
I know that I'm late to this thread too - but I LOVE this idea. We'd never stayed in this area until this year when we stayed at BWV post-cruise. It's so open and light and there are so many places to gather. It would be cool to take over the bridge and watch Illuminations too.

You are hardly late, seeing as we have until December 2010. But, I think we're going to say that officially we'll have the unofficial meet at the Boardwalk. There is SOOOOO much to see and do at Christmas time. I believe that we'll try to get down there on Friday so we can see the Osborne Lights. If people want to do both the meet and CP, they can book the early CP.

dpuck1998
05-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Its a promise!

Me too!

safetymom
05-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Count me in!

tickledtink33
05-25-2009, 07:11 PM
The Boardwalk is my DVC home resort and I will be booking it this January for my pre cruise stay. This is going to be so convenient.

I am planning on arriving the Thursday before the cruise and leaving the Sunday after. It will be interesting to see if there is a Mousefest next year. I am arriving on Thursday just in case. Not sure yet where I will stay post cruise. Maybe Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo.

klam_chowder
05-25-2009, 07:26 PM
I am planning on arriving the Thursday before the cruise and leaving the Sunday after. It will be interesting to see if there is a Mousefest next year. I am arriving on Thursday just in case. Not sure yet where I will stay post cruise. Maybe Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo.

Hey Kim :goodvibes This is what we did this time and it worked out great. :thumbsup2 Not sure if we can swing another Friday off but I'm sure gonna try. :rotfl2: I promised DH that we'd do KSC, US and SW for the next trip so not sure how it's all gonna pan out. I'd love to do the MVMCP :love:

cheers,

Launchpad11B
05-25-2009, 07:28 PM
The Boardwalk is my DVC home resort and I will be booking it this January for my pre cruise stay. This is going to be so convenient.

I think you would love Jambo. Give it a try. :thumbsup2

Launchpad11B
05-25-2009, 07:29 PM
Its a promise!

Me too!

Me three!

Renysmom
05-25-2009, 07:47 PM
We will be arriving the Wed before the cruise, giving us 3 days in the parks before we cruise as wellas a Osborne night, Illuminations night and a MVMCP night :santa: :santa: We will need to head home right after the cruise since that is the week before Christmas.

I will be making reservations at BLT since we are DVC owners there and then try and swap them out at the Boardwalk area at 7 months, otherwise we will "suffer" at BLT :santa:

DVCsince02
05-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Count me in!

Will do Kathy!:thumbsup2

DVCsince02
05-25-2009, 08:04 PM
I got a new tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Renysmom
05-25-2009, 08:10 PM

That's a perfect tag for you LOL

Launchpad11B
05-25-2009, 08:16 PM

Great tag Jen! :thumbsup2

tickledtink33
05-25-2009, 08:55 PM
I think you would love Jambo. Give it a try. :thumbsup2

I do indeed love Jambo. I have stayed there many times both DVC and pre DVC. Even though I'd love to try Kidani, the lack of quick service food is holding me back. I have read the threads about the food options and they just don't seen very convenient. Hopefully they will adjust these issues or it will always be Jambo House for me.

ADP
05-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Love the tag Jen...The Avatar is pretty cool too!

ADP
05-25-2009, 08:59 PM
I do indeed love Jambo. I have stayed there many times both DVC and pre DVC. Even though I'd love to try Kidani, the lack of quick service food is holding me back. I have read the threads about the food options and they just don't seen very convenient. Hopefully they will adjust these issues or it will always be Jambo House for me.
I hope so too Kim. If they add a quick service restaurant in the future it will make Kidani Village and almost perfect resort.

BillM99999
05-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I'll be "late" and be in as well. We'll probably try to opt into BCV or BWV, unless AskTracy gets a killer deal on Dolphin again...

Madi100
05-25-2009, 10:00 PM
I think we'll try for BWV, but I'm not sure if that will work since it's not our home resort. We loved staying there this trip. Maybe since we'll only need two nights it won't be bad.

shellyminnie
05-25-2009, 10:20 PM

Awesome tag, Jen!! Perfect for you!!

Disneybridein2k3
05-26-2009, 05:32 AM

Its a promise!

Me too!
Clarification please. Is Todd offering a kiss to Don? :love2:
If so, will Don actually be smiling? I have been looking through all of the cruise pics, Muddy Buddy, and DATW for a pic of Don smiling and cannot find any. Your wife has a beautiful smile. :)

jeanigor
05-26-2009, 06:37 AM
If so, will Don actually be smiling? I have been looking through all of the cruise pics, Muddy Buddy, and DATW for a pic of Don smiling and cannot find any. Your wife has a beautiful smile. :)

I'd like clarification on that point too, please.

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 07:04 AM

There was a kiss Todd line forming and I just hoped in it. Wonder if I can get a fastpass?

I think there are a couple of me smiling...but you have to search :) I tried to make it thru them all without smiling, but I failed!

scarlett873
05-26-2009, 07:18 AM
I got a new tag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Yay!!!

I think i'm still stuck with the same tags i've had for years...:rotfl:

Madi100
05-26-2009, 07:53 AM
There was a kiss Todd line forming and I just hoped in it. Wonder if I can get a fastpass?

I think there are a couple of me smiling...but you have to search :) I tried to make it thru them all without smiling, but I failed!

Um, I noticed that, too, Grumpy. Weren't you having fun with all of us????

shellyminnie
05-26-2009, 07:55 AM

I found one . . . kinda.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4467/127/124/638730315/n638730315_6794901_5544536.jpg

I think that's about as smiley as he gets!! ;)

klam_chowder
05-26-2009, 08:06 AM

I thought it was just me he was scowling at every time I was chatting with him! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

cheers,

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 08:15 AM

I found one . . . kinda.

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v4467/127/124/638730315/n638730315_6794901_5544536.jpg

I have a reputation to keep! :scared1::scared1: :rotfl2:

ADP
05-26-2009, 08:52 AM
I saw Don smiling a few times. He smiled the whole way through the Sam Adams line at DATW.

Dodie
05-26-2009, 09:18 AM
:wave2:

Hello everyone!

I've done a little signature redesign this morning. Check out my countdowns! Woo hoo! Oh - and I added the Indy Meet link - even though I won't be able to attend!

Yvet
05-26-2009, 10:38 AM
Whatever there will be organized, we will be there!!!!!

Jen: Great Tag!!!! Whoohooo!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Disneybridein2k3
05-26-2009, 07:11 PM
I found one . . . kinda.

Perfect - I missed this one! Don DOES have teeth. I knew it. Jaime, you owe me $20.
I thought it was just me he was scowling at every time I was chatting with him! :rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl:

See? I knew it wasn't just me :goodvibes

dpuck1998
05-26-2009, 07:53 PM
Perfect - I missed this one! Don DOES have teeth. I knew it. Jaime, you owe me $20.

See? I knew it wasn't just me :goodvibes

:rotfl2:

chirurgeon
05-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Yay!!!

I think i'm still stuck with the same tags i've had for years...:rotfl:

And I don't have any tags. The tag fairy doesn't love me.:sad1:

My plan for pre cruise was to do the candlelight processional. I will probably arrive the Saturday before the cruise and leave the same day we get back. With the long trip in April, my vacation time will be limited for the rest of the year.

Kim

DVCsince02
05-28-2009, 01:49 PM

Kim

Um, look again!:laughing:

Launchpad11B
05-28-2009, 01:51 PM

My plan for pre cruise was to do the candlelight processional. I will probably arrive the Saturday before the cruise and leave the same day we get back. With the long trip in April, my vacation time will be limited for the rest of the year.

Kim

I was thinking the same thing Jen! :lmao:

ADP
05-28-2009, 01:53 PM

Kim
Nice Tag! :)

aspen37
05-28-2009, 01:58 PM

Kim

Congrats on the tag Kim!!!

Becx N Gav
05-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Nice one Kim :thumbsup2

Renysmom
05-28-2009, 03:24 PM

Kim

ahhh, yes you do!!! :yay:

Merry Mousketeer
05-28-2009, 11:06 PM
My wife, Disney Enabler, and I are going on the DVC members Disney cruise in September and are staying at WDW for 6 days afterwards. We enjoyed the Boardwalk area so much that we moved our reservations from Saratoga Springs to the Boardwalk Villas, so we like the idea of a pre-podcast cruise meet at the Boardwalk!

We've never been to WDW at Christmas, so we would be very interested in meeting up with DISers to see the Osborne lights and make reservations to see the Candlelight Processional. We went to our first Candlelight at Disneyland this past year and loved it.

I also want to visit some of the WDW resorts to see the Christmas decorations. I've only seen them on the Samantha Brown Travel Channel show. Are there any other DISers who are thinking about touring the resorts to see the decorations?

I am so excited! I have to run outside now to see if Dumbo is waiting to take me to the Magic Kingdom!

Oh, I forgot to ask, what's a "tag"?

MenashaCorp
05-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Oh, I forgot to ask, what's a "tag"?

Sometimes the things you say when you think nobody's looking will appear under your avatar
pixiedust:
where you have "I've got a lot above my ears"

Just food for thought.... :rolleyes1

chirurgeon
05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
ahhh, yes you do!!! :yay:

Nice one Kim :thumbsup2

Congrats on the tag Kim!!!

Nice Tag! :)

I was thinking the same thing Jen! :lmao:

HEY, I GOT A TAG!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't on the boards last night. Taking care of Molly. EXCELLENT TAG.

:banana::banana::banana:

:worship: To the Tag Fairy

Kim

Renysmom
05-29-2009, 02:08 PM
HEY, I GOT A TAG!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't on the boards last night. Taking care of Molly. EXCELLENT TAG.

Kim

How is Molly BTW??

Madi100
05-29-2009, 04:18 PM

Kim

Really, Kim, do delicate flowers bow???:worship:

calypso*a*go-go
05-29-2009, 04:43 PM

Only when they're wilting...and that can't be good! :scared:

chirurgeon
05-29-2009, 04:44 PM
How is Molly BTW??

She is OK. Resting a lot of course. She has some serious pain killers. They gave me the same kind for a VERY painful condition I get occasionally. She gets her stitches out on the 9th. Then we can ditch the e-collar. She is on restricted movement for 8 weeks so she doesn't undo the work of the surgery.

Hey, its taken me 9 years to get a tag. Even delicate flowers bow when they have waited that long. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Kim

guynwdm
06-16-2009, 10:43 AM

EXHIBIT A: TODD

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43367%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D32348%3A%3A%3B85324nu0mrj

EXHIBIT B: ROB

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43364%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D32348%3A%3A%3B87324nu0mrj

Just so long as I am not an accomplice to the crime....

maroo
06-18-2009, 01:30 PM
what is a tag fairy? :confused3

Madi100
06-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Look underneath my name. It says, "President of the John Club" And "Number One On Tracy's Good List" (Or something like that). I didn't put those there. The Tag Fairy did. She/he watches and listens to the things that are said on the boards and at the meets. Then they add those pretty little sayings under our user names. They are in different colors. My post count is also colored, courtesy of the Tag Fairy.

jeanigor
06-18-2009, 01:42 PM

The tag fairy is mysterious and adds tags to people. See over to the left? Under my name? Above my avatar? Those were left by the tag fairy. You can tell they were from the tag fairy because they are in color. As opposed to things you can leave yourself, which appear in black.

The tag fairy commemorates funny sayings or events that occur on the DIS or at DIS functions. You never know where the tag fairy may be hiding. The tag fairy was on PCC 1.0, which is how I got the tiara and the other two tags.

Note: Doing the potty dance in front of computernut friends may come back to haunt you. (Re: note. May haunt you, not me, but you. I'll do the potty dance almost anywhere.)

mainegal
06-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Does anyone have any clue WHO is the tag fairy? :confused3

Madi100
06-18-2009, 02:26 PM

Not for sure, but I picture them to have wings, a wand and the ability to type really fast.

Dodie
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Thewhat is a tag fairy? :confused3
Even though you have almost 3000 posts, we are certainly educating you about the DIS, aren't we maroo? You obviously haven't been hanging out in the right DIS places. :lmao:

The Tag Fairy is all-powerful, wise, and completely mysterious. No one knows the identity of the Tag Fairy.

DVCsince02
06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
I :love: the tag fairy.

OKW Lover
06-23-2009, 05:27 PM

I'm seriously doubting that the tag fairy exists. Either that or (s)he has difficulty finding my account.

Right Cougar Kat? ;)

dis2cruise
06-23-2009, 05:37 PM
[QUOTE=OKW Lover;32404999]I'm seriously doubting that the tag fairy exists. Either that or (s)he has difficulty finding my account.

I totally agree I don't think I will ever get tagged :sad1: well maybe someday :(

Madi100
06-23-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm seriously doubting that the tag fairy exists. Either that or (s)he has difficulty finding my account.

Right Cougar Kat? ;)

Say it with me - I do, I do, I do believe in fairies. I do, I do, I do believe in fairies.

georgemoe
06-23-2009, 08:11 PM

Right Cougar Kat? ;)

[QUOTE=OKW Lover;32404999]I'm seriously doubting that the tag fairy exists. Either that or (s)he has difficulty finding my account.

I totally agree I don't think I will ever get tagged :sad1: well maybe someday :(

Alcohol brings out the tag fairy like nobodys business. :rotfl2:

A.Mickey
06-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I had lots of alcohol, maybe I just wasn't hanging around the Tag Fairy! :wizard:

brookelizabeth
07-07-2009, 01:43 PM
Newbie here! New to the Podcast boards and new to cruising! We just booked last week for PCC 2.0 and are looking forward to it. :thumbsup2 We would love to meet up pre-cruise. I don't know where we will be staying yet, we own at AKV, but might try for BLT or BWV. We'll meet anywhere...the Boardwalk Bakery sounds DELISH.

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 04:19 PM
Newbie here! New to the Podcast boards and new to cruising! We just booked last week for PCC 2.0 and are looking forward to it. :thumbsup2 We would love to meet up pre-cruise. I don't know where we will be staying yet, we own at AKV, but might try for BLT or BWV. We'll meet anywhere...the Boardwalk Bakery sounds DELISH.

Welcome :welcome: it's gonna be a blast, I think we will be taking over the BW - 500 people potentially :woohoo:

I think we may try for BCV or BWV pre-cruise and we'd love to try AKL concierge afterwards, maybe then go somewhere else, BLT is very tempting but the points over the Christmas week are higher.

Looking forward to planning where we might stay and then tryingto book them all :thumbsup2

brookelizabeth
07-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Welcome :welcome: it's gonna be a blast, I think we will be taking over the BW - 500 people potentially :woohoo:

I think we may try for BCV or BWV pre-cruise and we'd love to try AKL concierge afterwards, maybe then go somewhere else, BLT is very tempting but the points over the Christmas week are higher.

Looking forward to planning where we might stay and then tryingto book them all :thumbsup2

Thank you for the welcome!!

I'm trying to encourage my DH on here too, just to throw himself in the mix and "get to know" a few people before the cruise too. He has a login, and a whopping ONE post, but listens faithfully to the Podcast with me---and hears all the stories I have from the DIS. ;)

We are doing Christmas week this year, so we'll see if we still want to do it next too...:rotfl: The points are just outrageous, but I'm looking forward to the experience!

mickeywatch33
07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
A meet at BW sounds great! count us in!

MomlvsGoofy
07-14-2009, 10:45 PM
Count us in too! Can't wait to have my first Dis meet!

mainegal
07-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Hard to believe that we are planning pre/post cruise meets so far in advance!

I hope when we are a month or so from the cruise a nice concise list of meets will be posted.

jeanigor
07-15-2009, 07:07 AM

I hope when we are a month or so from the cruise a nice concise list of meets will be posted.

And spread sheets.:goodvibes

tiggerbell
07-15-2009, 07:14 AM

There will be, but I found the best meets were the ones that just happened - WaveBands for WonderQuest wasn't really planned.

And when I planned to spend the day at the MK alone, but found Robin and Todd right off the bus - before I knew it, we had 8 people touring the park, when we all planned to be solo that day! That night was one of the best EVER for me!

HoopyMan
07-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Count me in. Anything associated with this cruise and this great group of new friends, count me in!!!

nmoore14
07-17-2009, 06:41 PM
I am planning on staying for a week before the cruise at either Poly or POFQ. I can't decide between the two:confused3. Oh well, I am so there for the meet and I know it will be a blast to see fellow podcasters :goodvibes:love:

SamIAm21
07-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I like the idea of the Boardwalk. I know I'm late to the conversation, but given the time of year, the Boardwalk has amazing decorations inside and I'm pretty sure the outside would be decorated too. Not imposing on Nicole's thread, but we should maximize our exposure to the "holidayness". I just love the holidays in Disney!

jeanigor
07-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I like the idea of the Boardwalk. I know I'm late to the conversation, but given the time of year, the Boardwalk has amazing decorations inside and I'm pretty sure the outside would be decorated too. Not imposing on Nicole's thread, but we should maximize our exposure to the "holidayness". I just love the holidays in Disney!

Seeing as we still have over 500 days, you're still plenty early!:goodvibes

Cherinva
08-04-2009, 07:41 AM
The Boardwalk sounds great. We are newbees too....planning on flying down Friday sometime, not sure where we are staying...maybe Swan/Dolphin or Pop Century. Going to MK on Saturday. Can't wait to meet everyone...and have a Dole Whip

Cherinva
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
When do you think we might be meeting? Friday or Saturday?

Madi100
08-04-2009, 05:27 PM
When do you think we might be meeting? Friday or Saturday?

We would meet Saturday night, the night before the cruise.

Cherinva
08-05-2009, 07:01 AM
We would meet Saturday night, the night before the cruise.

Ok, that works for me. Keep me posted, I would love to be there.

Cherinva
08-16-2009, 10:26 AM

Ditto that. I love Disney at Christmas...my DD doesn't remember, and she is so looking forward to this trip. We aren't sure where we are staying....toying with the idea of Pop Century or Swan/Dolphin. I'm leaning toward Dolphin, holding out to see if Pete can arrange any great deals. Either way, it will be great to see everything decorated. I"m never been to Boardwalk...time ran out on our last trip, so this time it's the first place we are going. Looking forward to meeting up with fellow Dis'ers.

Update: We booked the Poly, and will be at MK all day, so we'll be close. Can't wait.

DVCsince02
03-01-2010, 03:21 PM
bump

Cherinva
03-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Bump

wdwscout
03-08-2010, 02:29 PM
We're in for a Boardwalk meet. :thumbsup2

Are we talking Jellyrolls too? That would be such a fun way to kick off the cruise! :cool1:

Madi100
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
We're in for a Boardwalk meet. :thumbsup2

Are we talking Jellyrolls too? That would be such a fun way to kick off the cruise! :cool1:

I think that some people hit Jellyrolls last time. It would definitely be easy.

Launchpad11B
03-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I think that some people hit Jellyrolls last time. It would definitely be easy.

What's the concensus? Where are meeting?

Madi100
03-08-2010, 04:48 PM
What's the concensus? Where are meeting?

I suggested meeting on the Boardwalk this trip. I think it would be lighter and more convenient for some people since a lot of people stay in that area. I'm going to try, but not holding my breath. Isn't there a gazebo or something at the end of the Boardwalk?

Launchpad11B
03-08-2010, 04:51 PM
I suggested meeting on the Boardwalk this trip. I think it would be lighter and more convenient for some people since a lot of people stay in that area. I'm going to try, but not holding my breath. Isn't there a gazebo or something at the end of the Boardwalk?

Yes, a big wedding pavillion. On the ESPN zone side. Is that where you want to meet?

Madi100
03-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Yes, a big wedding pavillion. On the ESPN zone side. Is that where you want to meet?

So the rule is that because I made the suggestion, I'm in charge, right? So, I get to decide where we meet?

DVCsince02
03-08-2010, 04:53 PM
If there is no wedding going on that is...... :lmao: Just imagine the wedding party and all these crazy DISers start showing up.

wdwscout
03-08-2010, 04:56 PM
So the rule is that because I made the suggestion, I'm in charge, right? So, I get to decide where we meet?
That's the rule! Your call. :worship:

If there is no wedding going on that is...... :lmao: Just imagine the wedding party and all these crazy DISers start showing up.
Now, that would be fun! :banana:

Launchpad11B
03-08-2010, 04:58 PM

You know the rule Nicole. Yes, you are in charge. :thumbsup2

Madi100
03-08-2010, 05:02 PM
You know the rule Nicole. Yes, you are in charge. :thumbsup2

OK, I just wanted to make sure. Because when I'm in charge I like to delegate. And, I've decided YOU get to decide exactly where we meet on the Boardwalk. :)

Launchpad11B
03-08-2010, 05:05 PM
OK, I just wanted to make sure. Because when I'm in charge I like to delegate. And, I've decided YOU get to decide exactly where we meet on the Boardwalk. :)

I'll do it if you need me to but the ultimate responsibility lies with you! pirate:

mainegal
03-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Isn't someone getting married on our cruise? Maybe the pre-wedding rehersal in the gazebo?

Then move the group to Jellyrolls. I'd really like to go to Jellyrolls!

Madi100
03-08-2010, 05:16 PM
I'll do it if you need me to but the ultimate responsibility lies with you! pirate:

I'm not all that familar with the area and would think it would be great if someone would say a spot. If it were me, I'd probably pick that end by the gazebo just because of the closeness to Epcot for fireworks, but we would want it to be light enough to see people.

DVCsince02
03-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Is the grassy area where the DVC Merry Mixer is held well lit?

ADP
03-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm not all that familar with the area and would think it would be great if someone would say a spot. If it were me, I'd probably pick that end by the gazebo just because of the closeness to Epcot for fireworks, but we would want it to be light enough to see people.
May I make a suggestion Nicole. I know you are in charge, and you are the best organizer in the world, but this is just a suggestion. :)

Can we meet near the entrance to the Boardwalk Bakery? :goodvibes

Cherinva
03-09-2010, 09:11 AM
May I make a suggestion Nicole. I know you are in charge, and you are the best organizer in the world, but this is just a suggestion. :)

Can we meet near the entrance to the Boardwalk Bakery? :goodvibes

Nicole, have you decided on what time you would like us all there?

georgemoe
03-09-2010, 09:54 AM
Let me know what is decided. I'll meet ya'll after a set of Yeehaa Bob at the River Roost. :dance3:

k5jmh
03-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Let me know what is decided. I'll meet ya'll after a set of Yeehaa Bob at the River Roost. :dance3:

- He owns 3 DVC memberships, and he rents points for 5 more. He is, the most interesting man in the world.

Launchpad11B
03-09-2010, 10:34 AM

What time does yeehaa Bob end? It's late right?

Madi100
03-09-2010, 11:52 AM

Hmmm, Yehaa Bob sounds kind of fun, too, though.

georgemoe
03-09-2010, 12:08 PM
What time does yeehaa Bob end? It's late right?

8:30 to 12:30am. Yup, late night. :) It was a DISer tour-de-force! :woohoo:

Hmmm, Yehaa Bob sounds kind of fun, too, though.

::yes::

Renysmom
03-13-2010, 07:06 PM
Maybe we meet up at the Gazebo area, walk over to the Boardwalk bridge for Illuminations and then hit up Jelly Rolls for a drink (Or two, or three). I've never been there and heard really good things about it..

This way everything stays in the area, but we experience several things...

Just an idea....

A.Mickey
03-13-2010, 10:55 PM
We love Jellyrolls! We went for the first time after Poly Beach meet before PCC 1.0. Karen, Robert, Jason and I went. It was a lot of fun. I have yet to do Yeehaw, so I don't know which one is more fun. :confused3

tlcoke
03-17-2010, 06:05 AM
Count me in for what ever we do.

YeeHaw Bob was a fun night at DAP.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/YeeHawBob/IMG_0029.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/YeeHawBob/IMG_0043.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/YeeHawBob/IMG_0039.jpg

mainegal
03-17-2010, 06:08 AM
Count me in for what ever we do.

With this attitude, the cruise and surrounding days are going to be so much fun! :cool1:

disneyholic family
03-17-2010, 06:40 AM
i'm in for everything!!
it all sounds like fun!

Cherinva
03-17-2010, 07:17 AM
With this attitude, the cruise and surrounding days are going to be so much fun! :cool1:

:yay::yay::yay:

jeanigor
03-17-2010, 07:34 AM

i'm in for everything!!
it all sounds like fun!

That's the point, isn't it? To have some fun!?

mainegal
03-17-2010, 08:24 AM
That's the point, isn't it? To have some fun!?

Yes. Fun!

And to forget about work...

disneyholic family
03-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Yes. Fun!

And to forget about work...

don't have to twist my arm to forget work....
now if i had a job like the podcasters....well.....

rtobe
03-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Boardwalk sounds like a great meeting place. I did Jellyrolls last year before DAP - it was a blast - especially with a big group.

mainegal
03-17-2010, 07:38 PM
don't have to twist my arm to forget work....

I want to badly to just forget about work! I want to take a week of mental health days and not think about work. But when the week is up, all the work problems will still be there waiting for me...

jeanigor
03-18-2010, 06:42 AM
I want to badly to just forget about work! I want to take a week of mental health days and not think about work. But when the week is up, all the work problems will still be there waiting for me...

For me too. Everyone seems to not know how to do anything I routinely do while I am away. A pile starts as soon as I leave the office and just grows. And grows. And GROWS.

I don't think about it until I come back to work. I'm a little miffed for the first few minutes of the first day back, thinking: "Why couldn't they have done this...all they had to do was...they left this? OMG! I'm gonna strangle someone...they can't be that incompetent."

Then it passes.

I forge through it. And remember that the pile of work that I come back to is job security. Whether it is because they are unable or unwilling to do it, I don't care. It means that I am a little more secure in my employment.

disneyholic family
03-18-2010, 06:21 PM

For me too. Everyone seems to not know how to do anything I routinely do while I am away. A pile starts as soon as I leave the office and just grows. And grows. And GROWS.

I don't think about it until I come back to work. I'm a little miffed for the first few minutes of the first day back, thinking: "Why couldn't they have done this...all they had to do was...they left this? OMG! I'm gonna strangle someone...they can't be that incompetent."

Then it passes.

I forge through it. And remember that the pile of work that I come back to is job security. Whether it is because they are unable or unwilling to do it, I don't care. It means that I am a little more secure in my employment.

maybe we should take valium our first tday back at work?
or maybe we should slowly ease our way back into it....
come in the first day back just for an hour....then race back home to listen to 4 or 5 podcasts as an antidote...
then the next day we go in for 2 hours....and so on......

mainegal
03-18-2010, 09:07 PM
maybe we should take valium our first tday back at work?
or maybe we should slowly ease our way back into it....
come in the first day back just for an hour....then race back home to listen to 4 or 5 podcasts as an antidote...
then the next day we go in for 2 hours....and so on......

Grreat idea!

I woke up this mornng feeling really tired and kinda miserable. Went to work because we were having a staff meeting including fun required training - blod borne pathogens, emergency plan, fire extinquishers, fun stuff.
Tomorrow may be a mental health day. Monday, a fresh start! Two annual reports, three grant applications, self and staff evaluations, and more fun.

The real fun? Anticipating precruise meets!

Cherinva
03-25-2010, 09:59 AM
Bump

Dodie
05-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Do we have an estimated time for this event yet? I'm starting to think about ADRs and Phillip and I might want to do Epcot for dinner this night due to the location.

DVCsince02
05-12-2010, 02:36 PM
My guess would be an hour before Illuminations.

Madi100
05-12-2010, 08:05 PM
OFFICIALLY, (because I was the one who suggested it, and you know the rules...) we will meet an hour ahead of IllumiNations like Jen said. We will meet at the grassy area at the bottom of the stairway.

Renysmom
05-12-2010, 09:16 PM
OFFICIALLY, (because I was the one who suggested it, and you know the rules...) we will meet an hour ahead of IllumiNations like Jen said. We will meet at the grassy area at the bottom of the stairway.

Bottom of which stairs... I know I should know this..... ;)

DVCsince02
05-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Walk straight through the lobby of the Boardwalk out the back doors. Steps lead to a grassy lawn area.

Madi100
05-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Walk straight through the lobby of the Boardwalk out the back doors. Steps lead to a grassy lawn area.

Thanks, Jen :)

btrim
05-13-2010, 11:19 AM
btrim and dh will be there along with two of my dsis and dbil. We can't wait. Thanks for organizing this pre-cruise meet. Will Tracy be there to pass out our tags again? It doesn't matter to me, but that seem to work well last time.We will be flying down probably that Saturday because we are staying after the cruise for a few days. DH has to watch his vacation time. Me, I will be retired by then (June 30) and I won't have to worry about getting back to work.

Cherinva
05-13-2010, 01:09 PM
Sounds great, we will be there. :goodvibes

TheBeadPirate
05-13-2010, 01:37 PM
Yeah! We'll be there too.....and probably hauling along Cindy and her DH too since they're staying with us pre and post.

YEAH!!!!!!!!!

:dance3:

(Thanks Nicole!)

DVCsince02
06-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Looks like Illuminations starts at 9:30pm.

Cherinva
06-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Looks like Illuminations starts at 9:30pm.

Good, that gives us plenty of time to get there after dinner.

Madi100
06-03-2010, 11:48 AM
If Illuminations are at 9:30 than OFFICIALLY we will start our meet at 8:30

jeanigor
06-03-2010, 11:50 AM

So noted. :thumbsup2

parrotheadlois
06-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Greg and I will be there!

Cherinva
06-04-2010, 02:31 PM

Got it..see you there.

Yvet
06-29-2010, 05:04 AM
We will be there too!!!!!

Nicole i love the fact that it's going to be in a place where i actually can see people!!!!

cv workout
07-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Hknman & I will be there.

jeanigor
08-27-2010, 01:57 PM
Bumping up for some new cruisers

firsttimemom
09-04-2010, 09:14 AM
*phew* now that the kids are back in school I can focus on this cruise. Brian and I will be there!

Anjiebaby
10-15-2010, 04:08 PM
The family and I will be there. It is so convenient for us as we are staying at Beach Club Villas and that is our Epcot day.
We are looking forward to finally meeting people.