PDA

View Full Version : I am SO excited!!!!!!!

CustardTart
05-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Just got a call from DH to tell me about an upcoming business trip he needs to do at short notice. He suggested as it's after my last exam that I go with him and we add a couple of days on at the end!!! SO I've just booked my UC flights with VA (using his miles so just cost 245 in fees) to.....

...........DUBAI!!!!!

We leave on May 31st and return the following Sunday... I absolutely cannot believe it as I was only talking with Claire (Pinky166) about Dubai yesterday!!! Weird coincidence or what...? :faint:

Anyway, I don't know where we'll be staying and I know I won't see that much of him BUT I DON"T CARE - it's going to be fab... :goodvibes

So there it is. Thanks for reading as I just had to share... :grouphug:

shellbell
05-22-2009, 08:09 AM
Thats fantastic news and so exciting! I hope you have an amazing time!:)

wilma-bride
That's great Karen - DH and I are planning to visit Dubai next year (unless Nat and John manage to talk us into Egypt ;))

Trilli-magic
Lucky you that IS exciting :)

Have a great time :)

jjk
05-22-2009, 08:14 AM
Wow fantastic news Karen :goodvibes

Pinky166
05-22-2009, 08:17 AM
LOL!!! What a coincidence!!!

Have you been before? It's a lovely place & I am sure where ever you stay will be fab! :banana:

jjpenguin
05-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Great news, I know just how you feel!! Have a wonderful time!

CustardTart
05-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks everyone!!! :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

That's great Karen - DH and I are planning to visit Dubai next year (unless Nat and John manage to talk us into Egypt ;))
:goodvibes I'll let you know how I get on...

LOL!!! What a coincidence!!!

Have you been before? It's a lovely place & I am sure where ever you stay will be fab! :banana:

I KNOW!!!!

No, I've never been before tho' I have been loving the ads I've seen on TV lately... DH has just sent me a list of hotels his company use so I'm going to check them out and send him my preferences...

Where have you stayed, Claire???

I've also decided to do a couple of things on my own when he's working - there some interesting city tours that I might go for... :goodvibes

I'm so over-excited I've had to cancel the gym... :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

Pinky166
05-22-2009, 08:38 AM
No, I've never been before tho' I have been loving the ads I've seen on TV lately... DH has just sent me a list of hotels his company use so I'm going to check them out and send him my preferences...

Where have you stayed, Claire???

I've also decided to do a couple of things on my own when he's working - there some interesting city tours that I might go for... :goodvibes

I'm so over-excited I've had to cancel the gym... :rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

This is where we stayed a few years ago. Jumeriah Beach Hotel.

http://www.jumeirah.com/Hotels-and-Resorts/Destinations/Dubai/Jumeirah-Beach-Hotel/

We had friends staying at the nearby Madinat Jumeirah Resort which was lovely too.

What resorts are on the list?

Haworthfamily
05-22-2009, 08:39 AM
Whoop, Whoop!

Great news you lucky duck! Get packing!

Sarah X

wideeyes
05-22-2009, 08:45 AM
sounds lovely - hope you have a fab time, what a great way to finish of your exams.

mandymouse
05-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Wow !! How exciting Karen :cool1:

mark&sue
05-22-2009, 09:05 AM
no wonder you are excited. have a great time

susan

Goofysmate
05-22-2009, 09:13 AM
Whoooo thats great news :woohoo::woohoo:

CustardTart
05-22-2009, 09:20 AM
This is where we stayed a few years ago. Jumeriah Beach Hotel....We had friends staying at the nearby Madinat Jumeirah Resort which was lovely too.
They both look beautiful!!!

...What resorts are on the list?

There's quite a few - my personal fave is Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort & Spa but I don't mind any of the others TBH. How can I - it's a free holiday!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

Got to organise the dogs going to kennels now... :rolleyes:

comingtodisney
05-22-2009, 09:26 AM
thats great. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: what a wonderful dh you have:goodvibes

jackieleanne
05-22-2009, 09:31 AM
What fantastic news. DBF is also waiting on a Dubai contract at his company that should mean him having to go to Dubai, I keep saying to him if your going to Dubai I'm going with you. I need a holiday plus he'd be paid with expenses so only have to pay for me. ;)

Gaynor
05-22-2009, 09:39 AM
How lovely, it's on my list of places to visit. You'll have a fantastic time :goodvibes

TinkTatoo
05-22-2009, 09:59 AM
Wow - that's fantastic news and you leave on my birthday so if you fancy picking me up a Pandora charm feel free ;) :rotfl:

have a great trip

natalielongstaff
05-22-2009, 10:52 AM
great news Karen, take lots of piccies for us :thumbsup2

:cool1: come to Egypt...you know it makes sense !

CustardTart
05-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Thank you, all!!! You are such sweethearts to be happy for my good fortune... :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
Just spoke to a friend of mine on the phone as I had to postpone drinks with her and she was really off with me about it... :sad2: :confused3

thats great. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: what a wonderful dh you have:goodvibes
I really do!!! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes:: Especially has he had such a lot of VA airmiles for me to use up... :cloud9: ;)

What fantastic news. DBF is also waiting on a Dubai contract at his company that should mean him having to go to Dubai, I keep saying to him if your going to Dubai I'm going with you. I need a holiday plus he'd be paid with expenses so only have to pay for me. ;)
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, hun... :thumbsup2

Wow - that's fantastic news and you leave on my birthday so if you fancy picking me up a Pandora charm feel free ;) :rotfl:

have a great trip
Thanks Jakki! I'll look out for a gold strawberry... ;)

great news Karen, take lots of piccies for us :thumbsup2
Will do! I'm thinking of getting a new, more serious :cool2: camera especially for the trip...
...come to Egypt...you know it makes sense !
Egypt is fab! :thumbsup2

Snowy-girls
05-22-2009, 01:37 PM
Lucky you-there the type of places i can only dream about.Hope you have a fantastic time.x.

tennisfan
05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Awesome news Karen:thumbsup2

Ware Bears
05-22-2009, 05:04 PM
Ooh, how exciting!! :dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

wicket2005
05-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Fantastic news Karen, you will be able to wear some of those lovely tops you have been buying and do another A to Z trip report on Dubai. Class!:thumbsup2

Minniespal
05-23-2009, 06:28 AM
Fantastic news Karen:cool1:

Tom and I visited Dubai for our 2nd Wedding Anniversary last year. It was absolutely fantastic. We stayed at the Al Maha resort and had a truly magical time:cloud9:

There are some groups on FB I joined whilst we were planning. There was lots of great information that I got from them.

This (http://www.dubai.com/) site was also really helpful too.

CustardTart
05-23-2009, 07:06 AM
Fantastic news Karen:cool1:

Tom and I visited Dubai for our 2nd Wedding Anniversary last year. It was absolutely fantastic. We stayed at the Al Maha resort and had a truly magical time:cloud9:

There are some groups on FB I joined whilst we were planning. There was lots of great information that I got from them.

This (http://www.dubai.com/) site was also really helpful too.
Thanks Florence! :thumbsup2 That site is great!!! And just looking at those temperatures is lifting my spirits... :beach:

Claire L
05-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Oh wow sounds like a great trip :)

Claire ;)

Minniespal
05-23-2009, 07:47 AM
Thanks Florence! :thumbsup2 That site is great!!! And just looking at those temperatures is lifting my spirits... :beach:

Happy to help Karen:cool1:

thelittlemermaid83
05-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Have a fantastic time Karen! I would love to visit Dubai.

fizz13
05-25-2009, 12:48 PM
Thats awesome Karen, so happy for you:goodvibes Dubai looks amazing, its definitely on my to do list, will be looking for fab photos. When do you go?:hug:

CustardTart
05-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Thats awesome Karen, so happy for you:goodvibes Dubai looks amazing, its definitely on my to do list, will be looking for fab photos. When do you go?:hug:

Thanks Claire! :hug: I'm hoping to master a new camera and take some better photos than usual - so fingers crossed... ;)

We fly out on Sunday (31st) evening - tho' I can't really think about till I get this last exam out of the way on Thursday morning!!! :eek: Also it's youngest DS's 16th birthday on Saturday so gotta make some plans for that!!! It's going to be one very CRAZY week!!! :rolleyes1 :crazy: :faint:

Pinky166
05-25-2009, 02:28 PM
I mean't to say to you.....don't forget to save a little time for a spot of shopping at the Mall of the Emirates and if you so wish a little skiing on the indoor slope. :thumbsup2

http://www.malloftheemirates.com/en/

natalielongstaff
05-25-2009, 02:31 PM
It's going to be one very CRAZY week!!! :rolleyes1 :crazy: :faint:

:lmao: worth it though !

wicket2005
05-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Wow, a busy week, good luck in your exams, just try and concentrate on them for now.

saratogagirl
05-26-2009, 01:51 PM
what an exciting suprise for you, have a wonderful time honey

CustardTart
05-27-2009, 05:59 AM
Just to let you know, I have written a quick pre-trip report for this impromptu, off-the-cuff holiday!!! Here's (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2187201) a link if you fancy a read... :surfweb:

wilma-bride
05-27-2009, 07:07 AM
I spoke to my SIL last night - she is off to Dubai next Saturday for a 3-day familiarisation visit. Sometimes I'm convinced I'm in the wrong job :rotfl:

Have a great time Karen :thumbsup2