PDA

View Full Version : Thrill the Wonder in 2010!

zulemara
05-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Ok I think there is enough interest to give this a shot. What I'd like to do is organize a group of people willing to do Thriller together on one of the open dance nights. If you are interested, post here and I will PM you.

What I will do is gather names and addresses and make copies of my thrill the world dvd as well as the additional materials that help with the memorization process. This is intended to be FUN not perfect. I have been doing Thriller for 1.5 years and I have so much to learn. My suit needs to be a little tighter I think:lmao:

The cool thing is I learned how to do this from thrilltheworld.com
Every year on Haloween weekend, they attempt to set the world record for the most people worldwide doing the same dance at the same time. The event grows every year and once you learn for the podcast cruise, you can participate in the Thrill the World event! Not only that, but I'm not kidding when I say knowing Thriller is probably one of the most useful things I ever learned. It works at weddings, banquets, dance clubs, heck I even got pulled into a streetmosphere thing at DHS and they had me enter a "dance off" I did parts of Thriller and the performers just shrugged and gave up LOL. One night while walking down the Ferryboat gangway, I had the spotlight on me because the dock lights were off, and I broke into the dance. It's amusing, people LOVE it, and now YOU can learn it!

If you have questions please post here. Also post if you're interested and I'll PM you and start forming a list.

BriarRosie
05-19-2009, 10:06 PM
Or we can rent "13 Going on 30" to get lessons from Jennifer Garner. ;)

L.E. Ott
05-20-2009, 07:51 AM
Sure, I'll give this a shot. Is costume required?

TXYankee
05-20-2009, 10:32 AM
I am not much of a dancer but I am game!!

jeanigor
05-20-2009, 11:30 AM
I'll throw my hat in the ring.

MenashaCorp
05-20-2009, 11:33 AM

Tiara. ;)

What the heck - I've got nineteen months to practice... :banana:

shellyminnie
05-20-2009, 11:35 AM

Surprise, surprise!!

Tiara. ;)
What the heck - I've got nineteen months to practice... :banana:

Now, this I have to see!! :rotfl:

ADP
05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Is this like the full dance they do in the music video? Do I need to wear spooky make-up? Will I need to slide my feet side to side? :confused:

momto2inKC
05-20-2009, 01:18 PM
How cool would that be!! I don't know if I could bring myself to doing it though, I might just have a panic attack :scared1: lol But my daughters dance school performed it this past fall, so she knows the whole thing.

jeanigor
05-20-2009, 01:38 PM
How cool would that be!! I don't know if I could bring myself to doing it though, I might just have a panic attack :scared1: lol But my daughters dance school performed it this past fall, so she knows the whole thing.

Trust me....you loose your inhibitions quickly. Somehow I got talked into not one, but two karaoke routines....we can all be back up dancers, no problem!

mikelan6
05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
I'll do it if Kevin and John do it!

zulemara
05-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Ok to answer questions
1. No costume required:cool1: I have the costume because I was a mobile DJ and I did the whole thing at every wedding I did, plus I use it for Halloween every year. Finding a costume was NOT easy and I had to have it shipped from the UK to get it. It seems all you can ever find is a ****ty(insert profession here) anymore, but that's another story.
2. The world record requires that the dance be 5 minutes long. Therefore, this is a slightly modified version from the actual 2 minute dance scene in the original Thriller video. That's why I always request the "radio version of Thriller"

For those wanting to know the original, this version teaches all the moves that are in the 2 minute dance scene. It only takes a couple slight modifications to do the actual version done in the video. It's simple things like the number of snaps or doing the zombie march at a different point. It was a wide range of usefulness :thumbsup2

Annette_VA
05-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Heck, if Darth Vader can do it, a bunch of DIS'ers certainly can!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-paO8ze58vo

If I end up cruising with my sister, I might just have to sign us on as back-up dancers

KimStaR
05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
AH! This sounds awesome. I told you I was a Michael Jackson fan on the boat. I am in!

experiment_627
05-20-2009, 06:53 PM
I can't believe I am saying this...

Count me in.

Mary Jo
05-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Sounds like fun. I'd like to try it. :)

MenashaCorp
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
Sounds like fun. I'd like to try it. :)

:banana:Suh-WEEET!!!!:banana:

CDolacki2003
05-21-2009, 06:23 PM
I told my DH about this and he wants to do it, guess I am on board too.

TheBeadPirate
05-22-2009, 12:31 PM
TIARAS?:rotfl:

If so I am in!!!!!

Yvet
05-22-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm in (suprise???

froggy5657
05-22-2009, 12:51 PM
What are the open dance nights, and are kids allowed to go to them?

jeanigor
05-22-2009, 01:55 PM
What are the open dance nights, and are kids allowed to go to them?

I'm pretty sure its only open to adults. Sorry G. Just gotta get extra funky with the Hamster Dance I guess.

ragtopday
05-22-2009, 02:03 PM
Oh, I am so in!

A dance that comes in handy in all sorts of places? How can anyone say no? Plus, it's really cool!

klam_chowder
05-23-2009, 05:37 AM
This is hilarious :lmao: DH & I are in! I can hardly wait to see KK & John's RSVPs :rotfl:

cheers,
:flower3:

Mary Jo
05-23-2009, 09:24 AM
This is hilarious :lmao: DH & I are in! I can hardly wait to see KK & John's RSVPs :rotfl:

cheers,

I so want them to dance, too!!

zulemara
05-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I was going to say...who can convince Kevin and John to join? I think yvette has the best chance!

This is QUITE a list! I will start compiling materials and burning the dvds in June. Then I will start getting addresses through PMs.

safetymom
05-24-2009, 04:15 AM
This sounds like fun but I think I will watch and take pictures. :)

Renysmom
05-24-2009, 07:14 AM

I'm wth you :)

shellyminnie
05-24-2009, 09:32 AM

Better yet, I'll bring the video camera!!

Disneybridein2k3
05-26-2009, 05:41 AM

I'm wth you :)

Better yet, I'll bring the video camera!!
Is there room at your table for one more?

klam_chowder
05-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Is there room at your table for one more?

C'mon Stacey, we want you and Tracy & Morgan ON stage! :dancer: :rotfl:

cheers,

MerriePoppins
05-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Count me in !!! :thumbsup2

zulemara
06-02-2009, 06:02 PM
bumpity

disneyholic family
06-02-2009, 06:08 PM
well, assuming i actually make it to this cruise, i am definitely in...i LOVE to dance!!!

Yvet
06-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Send over the dvd's..........
I need to practice...

jeanigor
06-03-2009, 07:05 AM
Send over the dvd's..........
I need to practice...

Right....just like you need to take lessons to be more friendly and open.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Mary Jo
06-03-2009, 08:57 PM
Right....just like you need to take lessons to be more friendly and open.:goodvibes:goodvibes

:rotfl2:

L.E. Ott
06-04-2009, 12:23 PM
I think we should all wear Kimonos while doing this...

Dodie
06-04-2009, 01:04 PM
DH Phillip (the dancer in the family) and me (two left feet) are SO in for this!!!! This will be AWESOME! Please include me!

Thanks!

parrotheadlois
06-04-2009, 01:32 PM
me too!

zulemara
06-09-2009, 09:00 AM
hey everyone,
I'm moving this weekend so that is gonna be taking up my time. I'm currently shooting for July 7th to start collecting addresses and working on the DVDs:thumbsup2

Yvette, how is it going with convincing a few of the podcast cruise to join in??

jeanigor
06-09-2009, 09:08 AM
hey everyone,
I'm moving this weekend so that is gonna be taking up my time. I'm currently shooting for July 7th to start collecting addresses and working on the DVDs:thumbsup2

Yvette, how is it going with convincing a few of the podcast cruise to join in??

Have fun moving. Hope the weather is good for you.:goodvibes

Yvet
06-09-2009, 02:01 PM

Uhmmmm.........
I have not worked on this task.

DisneyKevin
06-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Uhmmmm.........

NO!

Dont even ask.....

DisneyKevin
06-09-2009, 08:57 PM
uhmmmm.........

really!!

No!!

WebmasterKathy
06-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Awwww, c'mon Kevin!!!

I'd buy a new video camera just to capture you doing the Thriller dance!

(Okay, how about we just get sloshed together and let the more outgoing cruisers entertain us with their awesome dance skillz?)

DisneyKevin
06-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Awwww, c'mon Kevin!!!

I'd buy a new video camera just to capture you doing the Thriller dance!

(Okay, how about we just get sloshed together and let the more outgoing cruisers entertain us with their awesome dance skillz?)

Have you met Yvet?

No matter how many times you tell her no,,,,you find yourself singing ABBA and wondering how this crazy woman from the Netherlands talked you into this......

She's very persuasive.

Dont look directly into her eyes. She hypnotizes you.

Mary Jo
06-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Have you met Yvet?

No matter how many times you tell her no,,,,you find yourself singing ABBA and wondering how this crazy woman from the Netherlands talked you into this......

She's very persuasive.

So, that's your story .... and you're sticking to it? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

corky441
06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
Count me in - OMG what have I gotten myself into?:scared:

DH - will have video camera in hand - dancing Thriller is sooooo not him, but who knows, he might just surprise me :confused3

zulemara
06-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Have you met Yvet?

She's very persuasive.

That's the idea!!!! /wave hand....you want to do the thriller.....you better start practicing

Becx N Gav
06-14-2009, 04:12 AM
I think we're in for this - well I am and I'm working on DH!

Sounds like a great idea :thumbsup2

And I'm sure we can all be persuasive to get the crew inolved ;)

zulemara
06-24-2009, 12:42 PM
We got mentioned on the podcast! wwoo hoo!!!

I have to think about WHEN we are gonna be able to do this. It seems like doing it at one of the meet n greets might be best.

I am moved and pretty well settled in now, so I'm gonna start PMing for addresses and get the ball rolling.

L.E. Ott
06-25-2009, 03:39 PM
When can we expect the instructions???

Disneybridein2k3
06-25-2009, 08:26 PM
Is it wrong that when I heard the news of Michael Jackson dying today that I first thought of this thread???

wdwscout
06-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Is it wrong that when I heard the news of Michael Jackson dying today that I first thought of this thread???

If you're wrong- I'm wrong! :upsidedow
This project is the first thing I thought of! And I'm just going to be a spectator. :cool2:
(with a camera :rotfl:)

corky441
06-26-2009, 10:09 AM
i guess this will now be a "tribute" performance

klam_chowder
06-26-2009, 10:58 AM
Rip mj

zulemara
06-26-2009, 12:22 PM
I posted this on the podcast board, but thought I would repost for some of you here.

I never listen to the radio(only XM) so I had no clue he had even been rushed to the hostpital. I walked into the tanning salon right as the radio was reporting that TMZ was reporting he had died in his home, but was rushed to be revived. I just sort of stopped in my tracks and my jaw dropped. I absolutely couldn't believe it. While tanning, the radio was on so I was treated to a whole slew of MJ music. As I got in my car I turned on the radio and Thriller came on and I lost it. It seems so bizarre to actually cry over a celebrity dying, but I honestly can't think of another celebrity I cared about more than MJ.

I am 24. I only grew up with him during the mid 90s and it was not a good time to get to know him. But I went to college in 2003 and in one of my general education classes(I think it was sort of a history class) we studied the history of the music video and Thriller was a core part of the lecture. I was completely fascinated by it, having never really seen it before that.

After coming to work for Disney in 2004-2005, MJ hits were a regular occurrence at 8-trax and I really got to know even more of his music and discover the scope of his songs.

After returning from Disney, I got a job as a mobile DJ doing primarily weddings. Within 4 months of doing that job, I knew I needed to do something over the top to make people remember me. I was given advanced notice of a wedding where the bride and groom wanted over the top. They wanted silver metallic pants, spandex shirts, and the YMCA. But I had something better in mind. I poured over the net and found thrilltheworld.com - an attempt to set the ginuess world record for most people worldwide doing the same dance at the same time. I got the instructional video and learned the dance in 2 hours, then started practicing at every opportunity, in the car(there are words to the dance moves) or at home, in the shower, it didn't matter. But that STILL wasn't enough...so I ordered an MJ thriller costume from the Ebay UK site and had it overnighted to me. It didn't make it in time for the wedding, but I wore it for Halloween the next day.

As I developed my routine, I was struggling to find a way to get more people involved. I did Thriller at every single wedding, every school dance, every single show I did. But what I found so difficult was figuring out how the crowd would react. At one point, I was asking the crowd if they liked MJ. Sadly, no one would ever raise their hand. But when Thriller came on, suddenly people remembered why they like Michael Jackson.

I think this is a good example of how one person, arguably years after his prime, can still inspire someone to be a better entertainer. His legacy is far reaching and I'm sure that 50 years from now, it is his music legacy, not his personal life, that people will remember. He has been, is, and always will be the king of pop.

Thrill the wonder in 2010 will absolutely be a tribute performance. MJ's sudden death will bring together more fans(be they dancers or spectators) to remember him and that's exactly what he would have wanted.

maroo
06-26-2009, 09:20 PM
I don't want to get flamed on this thread....:eek: I would not really call myself a MJ fan...Although I don't mind his music.

But I do hope you guys are able to get this together so that it can be a tribute to him.

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was created yesterday.

Good luck to you guys! And hopefully you can recruit others to participate! :goodvibes (And I am not signing up.... I don't dance. I will hold a video camera for someone, though. :thumbsup2)

zulemara
06-28-2009, 03:00 AM
well I really hope it motivates people to join and on top of it, I fully embrace people going all out with the zombie costumes and everything. This event is gonna be worthy of youtube in many many ways and even though it will be 1.5 years after MJ's passing, it will still strike a note in the heart of anyone who watches. We have an excellent opportunity here and I absolutely want to take it.

I will be working on my own movements a little more. As the lead dancer, some of my moves are not up to par and I really want to try and capture the essence of what MJ had in the video. No, no one can truly duplicate him, but I have lots of room for improvement :-)

For those who plan on participating, expect it to only take you about 2 hours to actually get the moves down. After that it is just a matter of repetition of the words so that when you listen to the song, you're able to recite the words and thus the dance moves. Along with the instructional DVD, you'll all be given a CD with the Thriller song on it in slower, medium, and regular tempo along with the words overwritten. Trust me, you'll be so excited to be learning it that it won't seem like work at all to learn it!

On that note, the information I'll be giving is basically right off of thrilltheworld.com If any of you have the capability to organize an event in your own city, THIS is the year to help them break the record they are going for.

I don't work till 8:15pm tomorrow evening(stupid EMH makin me work till 4:45am) so I should have time to start sending PMs to get addresses.

RIP Michael. You will be missed, but I know I for one, will make sure your legend lives on!

zulemara
09-14-2009, 02:31 AM
bump! Ok I swear to you all I am gonna start collecting addresses this week! I need to clear my PM box and then will be sending PMs to everyone who is interested!

Cherinva
09-14-2009, 07:03 AM
bump! Ok I swear to you all I am gonna start collecting addresses this week! I need to clear my PM box and then will be sending PMs to everyone who is interested!

I'm not sure I want to dance, but my daughter does. Please keep us informed. I think this is going to be great. And, a wonderful tribute to a performer, who was ahead of his time. RIP MJ

maiziezoe
10-05-2009, 10:58 AM
I am so in. :cool1:

lindsey clare
10-05-2009, 07:06 PM
oh i want in!

zulemara
10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
ok I have compiled the list, cleared the PM box, and we are ready to move forward. Ok ok I'm only like 5 months late. I'm a busy boy:banana:

We have about 25 people give or take right now. I will be PMing everyone for addresses.

zulemara
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I have gotten a lot of addresses back. I have been sick for the last 3 weeks now(last week I have been on anti biotics) so that has had me relatively out of commission. I appreciate the offers I've received about costs, but it's really not necessary. My reward is having people do Thriller with me. As much as being the center of the room can be fun, it's MUCH more fun when there are several people dancing with you!

Realistically, knowing my schedule and such, I'm hoping to get these out to you all by xmas.

jeanigor
11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
I have gotten a lot of addresses back. I have been sick for the last 3 weeks now(last week I have been on anti biotics) so that has had me relatively out of commission. I appreciate the offers I've received about costs, but it's really not necessary. My reward is having people do Thriller with me. As much as being the center of the room can be fun, it's MUCH more fun when there are several people dancing with you!

Realistically, knowing my schedule and such, I'm hoping to get these out to you all by xmas.

If it would be more convenient to give it to me sometime during DAP weekend, that's fine.

klam_chowder
11-04-2009, 08:23 AM

thx a mint for the update :thumbsup2

no worries, Thommy - take care of yourself :hug: I've been fighting this flu/cold thing for 3 wks now and it is totally draining. :sick:

We'll buy you one :drinking1 before we hit the stage...I'll need mine for courage :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cheers,

Yvet
11-04-2009, 10:40 AM
It's a great idea to bring them with you for DATW......

boggs5
11-10-2009, 07:13 PM
:banana:

zulemara
11-11-2009, 11:16 AM
LOL I will bring them to DAP on Saturday night most likely. I'm not positive if I can attend DATW yet. I get done with work at 7 so it will depend on how far along you guys are I think.

jeanigor
11-11-2009, 11:22 AM
LOL I will bring them to DAP on Saturday night most likely. I'm not positive if I can attend DATW yet. I get done with work at 7 so it will depend on how far along you guys are I think.

I think bringing them to DAP would be a better bet anyway. I'm sure we wouldn't be anywhere near finished by 7 (maybe Japan or USA, even).

But I'm not sure about giving instructional DVD's to a bunch of drunken tourists...and that way you wouldn't need to worry about storing them somewhere during your shift.

zulemara
01-03-2010, 04:50 PM
ok folks, the first part is ready! Rather than trying to put files on a DVD that will also work in a DVD player, I opted for just putting the files on my mobile me account and let you all download it.

So the first thing for everyone to do is go to http://public.me.com/djandyz and download the zip file that says TTWonder.zip

Download and extract it. In that, you'll find all the audio files to assist you with learning the dance as well as the script that helps you learn it.

There are 2 DVDs for the set, so I'm not entirely sure how I'll handle that. I think I'm gonna buy the cheap paper DVD jackets to use and then ship them that way. I will keep everyone updated.

zulemara
05-31-2010, 10:03 PM
I have the dvds and nothing to do tonight since I am on call, but I'm having problems burning the dvds. I am going to try booting into windows and going about it that way. I'll keep u guys updated.

Cherinva
06-01-2010, 11:25 AM
ok folks, the first part is ready! Rather than trying to put files on a DVD that will also work in a DVD player, I opted for just putting the files on my mobile me account and let you all download it.

So the first thing for everyone to do is go to http://public.me.com/djandyz and download the zip file that says TTWonder.zip

Download and extract it. In that, you'll find all the audio files to assist you with learning the dance as well as the script that helps you learn it.

There are 2 DVDs for the set, so I'm not entirely sure how I'll handle that. I think I'm gonna buy the cheap paper DVD jackets to use and then ship them that way. I will keep everyone updated.

I went to download this, and it told me the account didn't exist.

corky441
06-01-2010, 08:22 PM

Same thing happens to me too

CDolacki2003
06-04-2010, 07:32 AM
Me too. I have two left feet so I am going to need either a lot of liquid courage :drinking1or I will have to get practicing soon:dancer:

Thanks for putting this together, its gonna be fun.

zulemara
06-08-2010, 07:52 PM

yeah I no longer have the mobile me account. I will try to find another hosting solution. I'm thinking of just putting the file on rapidshare or something like that. I'll update when I find something.

I have to load windows in order to burn the DVDs for whatever reason, so I'm working on them as much as I can. I hope to be able to finish the first discs and then burn the 2nd discs later this week.

corky441
06-08-2010, 08:40 PM
Thanks for keeping us up to date on the DVD progress. This is going to be so much fun :-D

zulemara
07-17-2010, 03:12 PM
just to give a rather sad update, production was halted on the dvds because I might not be able to make the cruise. The final balance is due by the end of September and I unfortunately have had to make a choice between long term happiness or short term and for right now, I'm picking long term.

This could change pending some other financial matters, but as it stands right now, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it :-( I should know for sure within the next month.

corky441
07-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Long term happiness is always the better choice :)

Cherinva
07-18-2010, 08:03 AM
just to give a rather sad update, production was halted on the dvds because I might not be able to make the cruise. The final balance is due by the end of September and I unfortunately have had to make a choice between long term happiness or short term and for right now, I'm picking long term.

This could change pending some other financial matters, but as it stands right now, I don't think I'm gonna be able to make it :-( I should know for sure within the next month.

Sorry to hear that, but sometimes we all have to make tough decisions.....do what's best for you. Thanks for keeping us informed.

zulemara
07-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Thanks for the support, it really means a lot and helps me realize I'm making the best decision for the long term. As I said, there is STILL the possibility that I'll be going and I'll wait until the absolute last minute to cancel my room. Just keep your hopes for me that things work out financially :thumbsup2

wdwscout
07-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Fingers crossed that you get to choose long term AND short term happiness! :wizard:

Cherinva
07-19-2010, 06:37 AM
Thanks for the support, it really means a lot and helps me realize I'm making the best decision for the long term. As I said, there is STILL the possibility that I'll be going and I'll wait until the absolute last minute to cancel my room. Just keep your hopes for me that things work out financially :thumbsup2

Keeping fingers crossed and sending pixiedust: your way.

safetymom
07-19-2010, 06:39 AM
I hope you are able to come. I know you will make the right decision for you.

mikelan6
07-19-2010, 08:08 AM
I hope you can make it!!!

jeanigor
07-19-2010, 09:16 AM
I hope you can make it as well Thommy. If you can't make the cruise, perhaps you can do some of the things flanking the cruise?

Yvet
07-20-2010, 04:15 AM
I do hope that you are able to make it!!
It won't be the same without you!!!

But sometimes your head needs to win from your heart!!!
I know that you will make the best and right decision :hug:

zulemara
07-20-2010, 10:35 PM
I hope you can make it as well Thommy. If you can't make the cruise, perhaps you can do some of the things flanking the cruise?

oh you bet I will! Being a local has its advantages and since I have PTO booked already, I can just adjust to spend time with you guys.

I made a move...a risky move, but one that could very well pay off. Sorry to be so cryptic, but it's complicated.

Ok simply put, if this (http://www.myfxbook.com/members/eioprofits/gallant-fx-live/40569) goes up, I go on the cruise LOL

jeanigor
07-21-2010, 06:46 AM
oh you bet I will! Being a local has its advantages and since I have PTO booked already, I can just adjust to spend time with you guys.

I made a move...a risky move, but one that could very well pay off. Sorry to be so cryptic, but it's complicated.

Ok simply put, if this (http://www.myfxbook.com/members/eioprofits/gallant-fx-live/40569) goes up, I go on the cruise LOL

Here's hoping it goes past your age...

Cherinva
07-21-2010, 08:34 AM

Here's hoping things go your way !!!!!

zulemara
09-16-2010, 03:53 PM
ALright folks, I'm bumping this up, the cruise is getting closer, and after some personal developments in my life(DBF is no longer DBF) I said screw it, I'm goin on a vacation!!!

The money is put away, I'm waiting for WDWPI to have his deposit transfered to my room, and will pay for hte cruise so it will be official!

I've started up production on the DVDs again. However, I need some help. I cringe at having to do this, but I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is just to pay for the cruise. I have a few DVDs left of my own, then will need to buy another 25 pack, plus packing supplies and postage. I figure it'll only cost maybe 30 dollars for everything. If anyone is willing to send donations via paypal, my address is zulemara@gmail.com

Again, not at all required, but if everyone gave a dollar who is signed up, everything would be paid for! When I get the amount I need I will update the thread.

Who is ready to Thrill the wonder? woo hoo!

OKW Lover
09-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Sorry to hear about DBF...or maybe that's a good thing. :rolleyes1

Looking forward to watching this on PCC 2.0

CDolacki2003
09-16-2010, 08:17 PM
Just sent you an e-mail about the discs.

Yvet
09-17-2010, 05:57 AM
Whooooohooooo Thommy is back onboard!!!!!!!!

** I have to admit as soon as i noticed that you were single again (facebook) i felt sorry for you but i hoped that it would make you be back onboard with us.....

Cherinva
09-17-2010, 06:20 AM
Thommy...I just sent you an email..

zulemara
09-17-2010, 10:24 AM
I replied to both emails, and just wanna say thank you for the help. I'm on call tonight so can't go anywhere so I'll be churnin out the dvds that I have and go from there!

I know it seems last minute, but I really wanna emphasize the dance really isn't difficult to learn. The moves are all based on words, not counts, which makes it easier to learn and there are several tools to use to memorize. Basically repetition is key! I learned the whole dance in 2.5 hours, played it non stop for a week, and performed it for my first time less than 1 week after learning it! By comparison, I SUCK at memorizing music so you can tell I am not very good at memorizing things. I couldn't remember the 10 codes at Disney either till we started using them in everyday convos/txt messages :rotfl::rotfl: Anyway, you get the point.

The one thing that has to be discussed, and I should probably contact the podcast team also, is when exactly this is gonna happen. Do you all have any suggestions? I was thinking just one night in the club after the "official" entertainment leaves, but that might be a bit late for some, especially if they have early morning events like they did last time(bloody mary anyone:rotfl:)

Thoughts?

edit: as for DBF, it really was mutual, we have just grown apart after being apart for so long I guess. I woulda given it more time, but he didn't want to, so that's how it goes. We are still friends and I care about him very much and he does me. Pete actually sent me a message on FB about it after seeing my status change. He ended with "see ya on the podcast cruise" not knowing I wasn't planning on going. I responded back and said ya know what? I think you're right, time for a vacation!

MomlvsGoofy
09-17-2010, 06:14 PM
This is taking place in one of the clubs right? So a 14yo would not be able to participate.
She was interested in doing it so I said I would ask for her.

zulemara
09-17-2010, 07:16 PM
This is taking place in one of the clubs right? So a 14yo would not be able to participate.
She was interested in doing it so I said I would ask for her.

I'm not entirely sure, do they not allow under 18 in the clubs at all? Once the entertainment dies down, I don't see a problem with it(at least with our group) but I'll have to check on that. I'd love if it could be put in somewhere with the podcast official activites, but I doubt that'll happen.

jeanigor
09-17-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm not entirely sure, do they not allow under 18 in the clubs at all? Once the entertainment dies down, I don't see a problem with it(at least with our group) but I'll have to check on that. I'd love if it could be put in somewhere with the podcast official activites, but I doubt that'll happen.

I think after 10pm Beat Street/Route 66 is 18+ only.

zulemara
09-18-2010, 05:02 PM
DVDs have been made, the member list has addresses added, and I have created a playlist on youtube of all the videos. You can find it at

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0327141AE4F25867

There are 40 videos, though most of them are just recaps or whatever. For those of you inclined, you can view the videos on youtube now. I am still planning to send DVDs to everyone I have addresses for since I know not all can do it through youtube.

everyone is also going to need the TTW audio files and scripts which help with the memorization of the moves. I have uploaded the files to a couple different sites. If one doesn't work, try another. If they are all broken PM me or post and I will re-upload.
Link 1 - http://rapidshare.com/files/419861823/TTWonder.zip
link 2 - http://www.youshare.com/Guest/a85745/DisplaySimple click the "no preview available" icon
link 3 - http://www.mediafire.com/?d0gln76s9vj5ls8

zulemara
09-21-2010, 03:17 PM
ok everyone! Donations are no longer needed, I calculate I should have enough for everything! hurray! Thank you SO MUCH to the few of you who donated. I will go get packing supplies tomorrow and get everything ready, then buy postage when the last donation comes in and we'll be rockin!

I'm also going to send a message to everyone who is on my list since some might not realize things are back on!

Cherinva
09-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Thanks Thommy for setting this up and for all your hard work. You're awesome :worship:

zulemara
09-30-2010, 03:18 PM
I sent a PM to everyone on my list. I sent to those whom I do not have an address for as well as the rest of you. If you are interested and have not received any kind of PM from me, please let me know.

I'm getting final numbers for shipping. We're movin along!

zulemara
10-15-2010, 01:29 PM
ok so I have everything purchased, just waiting on the cd sleeves to come and then I'll be sending out. Of the 25 who were originally interested, I only have addresses for about 13, so that's what I'll send. Ill prepare the rest in case the others PM me back their address.

Still need to come up with WHEN we are going to do this. I think it'd be great if we could incorporate it into the castaway cay party so that those under 18 can attend and we would have a large showing. I'll PM the podcast team and see what I can come up with

Cherinva
10-15-2010, 02:40 PM
I sent a PM to everyone on my list. I sent to those whom I do not have an address for as well as the rest of you. If you are interested and have not received any kind of PM from me, please let me know.

I'm getting final numbers for shipping. We're movin along!

I didn't get a PM from you, but I do believe that you have our address...right?

zulemara
10-15-2010, 02:46 PM
I didn't get a PM from you, but I do believe that you have our address...right?

yep ur good!

Cherinva
10-15-2010, 02:47 PM
yep ur good!

:cool1:

zulemara
10-22-2010, 03:34 PM
everything is packaged and ready to go. I'll be going to the UPS store and mailing them all first class on Sunday. Shocking, I'm actually gonna have a day off!

Cherinva
10-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Thanks Thommy !!

zulemara
10-24-2010, 05:18 PM
ok folks 13 dvds have been mailed first class. you should have them all just in time for Halloween. Believe it or not, if you really want to, you can easily have yourself ready to do it for Halloween. It only takes 2 hrs to learn!

Cherinva
10-24-2010, 06:57 PM
:cool1:

jeanigor
10-27-2010, 11:19 AM
Got an envelope in the mail today. :goodvibes:goodvibes

corky441
10-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Got an envelope in the mail today. :goodvibes:goodvibes

:goodvibes ME TOO!!!!!:dance3:

OKW Lover
10-27-2010, 02:17 PM
Just wondering if perhaps we should add Saludos Amigos to the karaoke night.
Saludos amigos
A new day's waiting to start
You must meet it, wake up and greet it
With a gay song in your heart!

georgemoe
10-28-2010, 09:57 AM
Deb got her envelope yesterday. Thanks Thommy!

Just wondering if perhaps we should add Saludos Amigos to the karaoke night.
Saludos amigos
A new day's waiting to start
You must meet it, wake up and greet it
With a gay song in your heart!

You are just dying to wear a sombrero on stage aren't you Jeffy? :rotfl:

zulemara
10-28-2010, 05:31 PM
good to hear they are arriving! The next thing you need to complete the package is the download I posted before. If the links dont work let me know and I'll reupload them somewhere. Remember it's ALL about memorizing the WORDS. Know the words and your body will follow!

mainegal
10-28-2010, 09:18 PM
I am not performing.

But, as we all know, performances are best when there is a great audience. That is where I will be able to help out!

Cherinva
10-29-2010, 08:02 AM
Ours arrived..thanks Thommy !!1

KimStaR
11-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Got the DVDs! Thanks! Haven't had a chance to watch them yet though. Will keep ya posted. Thank u!

Cherinva
11-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Thommy,
My daughter got her DVDs...she looked at it yesterday and said it seems pretty easy...does she still have to go to youtube to download anything?

zulemara
11-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Thommy,
My daughter got her DVDs...she looked at it yesterday and said it seems pretty easy...does she still have to go to youtube to download anything?

no need for youtube, but she'll need the audio and scripts that I posted as a download. It is indeed pretty easy, it's just a matter of memorizing the order in which you do the various parts. The audio and script really helps with that.

Cherinva
11-02-2010, 11:48 AM
no need for youtube, but she'll need the audio and scripts that I posted as a download. It is indeed pretty easy, it's just a matter of memorizing the order in which you do the various parts. The audio and script really helps with that.

Ok, thanks. I'll tell her. She has a DVD that I bought her last year, that has all of Michaels videos on it...I told her to play the Thriller one and practice that way.

jeanigor
11-02-2010, 12:07 PM
Guess I know how I'll be spending my Saturday morning.

zulemara
11-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Guess I know how I'll be spending my Saturday morning.

amen!

The thrill the world version is very close to the original but there are differences. TTW version uses almost all of the same dance moves, just in a different order. Eventually she can easily get to the point of being able to do both. While I have practiced the original, I have yet to actually perform it. I stick to what I can do in my sleep hehe.

georgemoe
11-03-2010, 10:57 AM
Any one else have this issue?

Deb got two copies of the same DVD? I need to find out which one she is missing.

georgemoe
11-03-2010, 12:22 PM
Any one else have this issue?

Deb got two copies of the same DVD? I need to find out which one she is missing.

So this is what she had two of.

Intro
Warmup
Zombie Practice
Thank you

zulemara
11-03-2010, 02:55 PM
So this is what she had two of.

Intro
Warmup
Zombie Practice
Thank you

that shouldnt ahve been the issue for anyone else. They should be marked TTW disc 1 and TTW Disc 2. If they are the exact same then I will send new copies when I get back to FL. it would pbb be the 9th before i can send.

georgemoe
11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
that shouldnt ahve been the issue for anyone else. They should be marked TTW disc 1 and TTW Disc 2. If they are the exact same then I will send new copies when I get back to FL. it would pbb be the 9th before i can send.

I know they are both the same regardless of how they were labeled. The question is what was suppose to be on each? The 9th will do. Will send you something for postage. Thanks Thommy. :)

zulemara
11-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I know they are both the same regardless of how they were labeled. The question is what was suppose to be on each? The 9th will do. Will send you something for postage. Thanks Thommy. :)

I was just wondering if the discs were marked correctly but copied wrong. Honestly I did a lot of them while I was working and some might have gotten messed up. If anyone else has an issue let me know. It seems like there should be more segments on the DVD though. hhmmm

miss missy
11-04-2010, 01:38 AM
I am not performing.

But, as we all know, performances are best when there is a great audience. That is where I will be able to help out!

I agree!! You guys rock! This sounds fun! I am sooo gonna watch and cheer for this!! When and where?????

zulemara
11-08-2010, 10:02 AM
it is still up in the air unfortunately. Kevin was going to check about having it during the castaway cay private party so that everyone can participate and watch if they choose. I haven't heard back from him yet, although I don't really expect that to happen. More than likely it's gonna be at the night club on board one of the nights. I am gonna have to find out which night is the 80s theme night. I know this technically means ppl under 18 can't participate, however I think if we wait till after the DCL entertainment is done(11:30) or so and just have them in for this, I don't think DCL will kick anyone out.

zulemara
11-29-2010, 01:00 PM
could someone research for me which night is the closest to an 80s themed night in the club?

How is everyone doing? are you learning ok? Having issues? anything I can help with?

Cherinva
11-29-2010, 02:20 PM
could someone research for me which night is the closest to an 80s themed night in the club?

How is everyone doing? are you learning ok? Having issues? anything I can help with?

I'm doing good...my daughter has watched the DVDs....just has to find time to practice..she's just moved out and still trying to get her home organized.

zulemara
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm doing good...my daughter has watched the DVDs....just has to find time to practice..she's just moved out and still trying to get her home organized.

once you've watched the dvds, it's all about memorizing the words, so theres lots of time for listenin on the plane!

parrotheadlois
11-29-2010, 07:23 PM
I came to the party a little too late, I've been watching "Thrill the ___" videos, now I wish I had studied more! I can't wait to see everybody doing it - should be fabulous!!!

miss missy
11-30-2010, 02:59 AM
it is still up in the air unfortunately. Kevin was going to check about having it during the castaway cay private party so that everyone can participate and watch if they choose. I haven't heard back from him yet, although I don't really expect that to happen. More than likely it's gonna be at the night club on board one of the nights. I am gonna have to find out which night is the 80s theme night. I know this technically means ppl under 18 can't participate, however I think if we wait till after the DCL entertainment is done(11:30) or so and just have them in for this, I don't think DCL will kick anyone out.

Good cuz I told my 17 yr old about it and she wants to watch... she had MJ on today as a matter of fact :goodvibes

WebmasterJohn
12-06-2010, 02:42 PM
I have been trying to get DCLto play the song at the sail away or other deck parties on the ship but I keep hitting a wall - sorry gang.

The best they will give me is to ask to have it played in the night clubs.

So sorry.

Have you considered bringing something to play it on? Like one of those mini iPod speakers? You could do it whenever you like then.

zulemara
12-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I have been trying to get DCLto play the song at the sail away or other deck parties on the ship but I keep hitting a wall - sorry gang.

The best they will give me is to ask to have it played in the night clubs.

So sorry.

Have you considered bringing something to play it on? Like one of those mini iPod speakers? You could do it whenever you like then.

aaww thank you John! No worries, I didn't expect DCL to cooperate.

I did just buy a small mobile speaker thing for my droid, but it is not powerful enough to be heard by not only the dancers, but the crowd. I think the nightclub is gonna be the best option. As I said before, as far as the 18+ thing, I dont think DCL will kick anyone out and if we do it asap after the "official" entertainment ends, I think we'll be ok. If anyone has other ideas let me hear them!

I know many have plans on Nasau day, but I can throw out that Senor Frogs is for all ages and has a DJ who will play requests. They would LOVE if we all showed up and did this, I'm sure. Let me know what you all think about that.

parrotheadlois
12-06-2010, 07:07 PM
It would be fun at the port - catching the other cruisers totally unaware - and entertaining too!!

zulemara
12-06-2010, 08:17 PM
well there's no reason to only do it once! we could do senor frogs for those who want to partake and then do it on the ship in the club as well.

Mary Jo
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
It would be fun at the port - catching the other cruisers totally unaware - and entertaining too!!

Like a flash mob @ the port ;)

parrotheadlois
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Yes Mary Jo!!! Exactly what I was thinking!!!

KimStaR
12-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I hate to say this but I did not watch the DVDs enough and I am not ready. I could give a bunch of excuses but I should have put the time aside and done it. I am bummed since I am a giant MJ fan and I am SO sorry to let you guys down, especially after Thommy put the effort into getting the DVDs out. Maybe I will have it down for the next December event. Hope you guys will still be my friends on the boat :sad1::guilty:

corky441
12-09-2010, 10:30 AM
I hate to say this but I did not watch the DVDs enough and I am not ready. I could give a bunch of excuses but I should have put the time aside and done it. I am bummed since I am a giant MJ fan and I am SO sorry to let you guys down, especially after Thommy put the effort into getting the DVDs out. Maybe I will have it down for the next December event. Hope you guys will still be my friends on the boat :sad1::guilty:

I too have succumbed to the evils of procrastination :guilty::guilty:
I can't begin to begin watching & learning starting today...

hopefully next time.....:sad1:

zulemara
12-10-2010, 01:24 PM
no worries, that is largely my fault for taking forever to get them made and sent. I'll do it no matter one, be it alone or with 1 person or 20! It doesn't matter to me! At least now you have the materials so when you have the time, you can learn it and put it go good use!