PDA

View Full Version : The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 16 - Homeward bound

spookysarah
05-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Homeward bound

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
3 newbies -
My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder
My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'

5th October 2007

Not much can be said about the last day. We were up early to finish packing before heading to Sanford. The journey was uneventful and sad. Two weeks had gone by too quickly. With a heavy heart we left the car and went to find mum, dad and Mel who had been picked up by the same company again. This meant we did not have to worry about squeezing all our bags in one car.

Farewell Enclave Suites
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/Florida2007GM243600x800.jpg

Goodbye to our wheels
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/IMG_1376800x600.jpg

Check in was straightforward and we made our allowance by 7 kilos! We had booked into the Royal Palm Lounge which was as good as the last time. We all split up to grab food, browse the shops or play games and surf the net. It is well worth the money IMHO as it was nice and relaxing.

Our flight back was on time and we boarded quickly. With no delay we set off on the journey back home. The cabin crew went though the safety demonstration and upon getting to the part about inflating your lifejacket mentioned that a whistle was attached for attracting the attention of sharks! I think it took a few seconds to sink in, lol! Shortlt after takeoff an announcement was made that a plane further ahead had warned of clear air turbulence on our flight path and we were told to remain in our seats with our seatbelts fastened until we were told it was safe. Whilst still on our climb out of Sanford things got quite bumpy. It was OK to start with but after a few big bumps gasps were being heard and everyone did seem quite quiet. As we were still climbing there was no entertainment on – we just sat and waited and hoped it would stop. At one point my hand flew out to the seat in front instinctively and I consider myself to have no fear of flying. One girl a few rows in front got out of her seat to go to the toilet and an announcement was made to remain seated but she went anyway. This was followed by an announcement that First Choice would not cover anyone injured who were out of their seats when the seatbelt sign was lit. After what seemed like an eternity cabin crew were allowed to move within the cabin and a short while later the sign went off. Everyone was relieved.

The cabin crew were fantastic and had to work hard to make up for the time we had lost at the start of the flight. They really worked like Trojans and were super friendly and helpful. The rest of the flight was quiet and without incident and we arrived in Glagow ahead of time. As usual people were trying to be the first to leave the plane having got out of there seats whilst we were still moving. ‘Would the man in the yellow shirt please SIT DOWN’ was heard over the PA system to much s******ing from everyone else. After we had come to a stop the seatbelt sign went of and simultaneously over the PA we heard, ‘and they’re off!’ LOL!
The bags to ages to arrive and the man in the yellow shirt was not impressed. We found the bus to take us to the car park and collected our cars. It was a bit of a squeeze with our extra luggage. The drive home seemed to take forever but was only a couple of hours. Holy and Rowan insisted they were not tired but after sitting down to watch TV they fell asleep and were promptly sent to bed. We all fell asleep for hours.

This report was finally finished 19 months after we came home. We are pleased to say that we have another trip booked. We are heading over June/July time next year for 3 week staying in a Dibb villa. Connie, who we met through the crocodile exchange is coming down to stay with us for 4th July weekend which is fantastic. Roll on summer 2010!

Whilst we have loved every non Florida holiday we have been on these past two trips to Florida have been amazing. I think it is because they are so jampacked full that there are tons more memories than your average beach holiday. There are more laughs, more suprises, more 'magic' and yes even more tears but that is what makes them so magical. Here's to many more!

Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoyed our holiday!

Goofysmate
05-18-2009, 12:41 AM
What a great time everyones had thanks for sharing with us all :thumbsup2

wicket2005
05-18-2009, 03:17 AM
That flight home sounded scary and funny too.:)

natalielongstaff
05-18-2009, 07:13 AM
thanks for sharing your trip with us :)

Beth__WDW23/6/02
05-18-2009, 10:49 AM
Sounds like you all had a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2 Thanks for sharing..;)

fizz13
05-20-2009, 05:10 AM
Sorry I didnt post after every day but I just had to carry on reading the whole things first, fab report!! Seems that even though things didnt go smoothly with illness etc you all had a brilliant time just being together out and about which is so nice, not always easy to be around family closely for that long but you all seem to get along really well. Thanks for sharing your trip and the piccies and well done on the costumes, they are great!:goodvibes

irongirlof12
05-20-2009, 01:26 PM
LOVED your report :hug: thanks for sharing. your are part of a a really great family :lovestruc

spookysarah
05-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. We're curently planning for summer 2010 with my mum and dad again. Staying in a villa this time which I hope will be as fab as it sounds.

cap'njack.
05-28-2009, 04:56 AM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I've enjoyed reading it.

thelittlemermaid83
05-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Thanks for sharing, what a great TR.

Latte Lover
05-28-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks for sharing. I've really enjoyed reading your report. :goodvibes

dtm316
05-28-2009, 11:54 AM
Sounds like the kind of flight that would have put me off flying for a year or two, I'm not a good flyer at all (my arms get tired) and I consider myself quite lucky that I've avoided any major turbulence so far

Cyrano
05-28-2009, 04:41 PM
Your trip has been just the perfect tonic to fuel our expectations in 4 weeks time :)

jns
05-28-2009, 05:58 PM
Thanks for sharing
really enjoy your trip report
and all the great photos

mark&sue
06-20-2009, 12:38 PM
I would have been so frightened if i had been on your flight.

thanks so much for your wonderful trip report. what a great extended family holiday. i think we will over at wdw roughly the same time next year. can't wait to go back too.

susan

DisneyGemma
06-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Thanks for posting this, it was really great :)

jamjar84
06-21-2009, 05:07 AM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. We're curently planning for summer 2010 with my mum and dad again. Staying in a villa this time which I hope will be as fab as it sounds.

It will be fab, I've stayed in a villa a couple of times and it's lovely, especially having your own pool. The last couple of times it was just me and my DH2B and we stayed in hotels on Idrive as it was close to nightlife, and the best thing about hotels is someone else makes yor breakfast and makes yor bed. :rotfl:
but villas are definately better for families. We will definately be getting a villa the next time we go. :)

Thanks for the report, we've just read the whole thing, and it sounds like you had a brilliant time. You were there at the same time as us, so we probably crossed paths. It brought back lots of memories. :)

live4christp1
07-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Just finished reading your report. It was great!!!! Loved the costumes for MNSSHP!!!!!! Glad you all had such a wonderful trip and I know you are counting down the days until you return again!!!!

Cristy