PDA

View Full Version : The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 11 - Disney Hollywood Studios and first aid

spookysarah
05-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Disney Hollywood Studios & first aid

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
3 newbies -
My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder
My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'

30th September 2007

This morning we went to Friendly’s for breakfast. We had eaten there the night before we left last year and it was one of the tastiest meals we had. Unfortunately we did not have such a good experience this time. The food was average, mum’s took ages and was a bit cold and worst of all - the tables had a funny smell and were sticky. It might put us of going here again.

We arrived at Disney Hollywood Studios mid morning and it was here that we suffered Wardrobe Malfunction number 4 before we even got through the gates! My sister was complaining that the strap on her top was hurting her, just like had happened on my tankini and sure enough the adjuster was broken. I had to snap it off and tie the strap to her top. Beginning to think we are cursed with straps!

Notes for today are very sketchy but I’ll do my best.

As we had arrived later than planed we had to work out what we all wanted to see. It would not be possible to do everything. The only definite was dinner at Hollywood & Vine and Fantasmic (with the Fantasmic Dinner Package)

We started with the Great Movie Ride. We saw the gangster live action and everyone was entertained. It was a great way to start off our day and get us in the mood for movies.

We agreed to split up as Holly and Rowan wanted to see the High School Musical 2 pep rally. It was baking hot and no shade during the show but I have to say that it was good fun and the girls were able to go up and dance a few times. Mum, dad and Mels went to see Sounds Dangerous which they enjoyed.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/IMG_1066800x600.jpg

We met up again for Indiana Jones. It was nice to get out of the sun. We smeared ourselves in suncream waiting for the show to start. We never saw this last time around and it did not disappoint. What a great show! Lots of stunts and lots of laughs. Dad was a bit bemused when the baddie was vaporised by the plane propeller until we explained that he dropped down a hatch in the ground, lol! Rowan did not enjoy the show as much as she could have as she seemed to have very runny eyes. It turns out that suncream / sweat had gone into her eyes. They looked very sore so I took her to first aid.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/IMG_1068800x600.jpg

They lady in first aid was very nice and she gave me a whole bunch of saline tubes to use to wash her eyes out. We were there for a good while making sure they were nice and clean. It was so cool and calm and quiet in first aid, I could have slept.

We headed up to the Backlot where we had some snacks and drinks. Mum and I shared a pulled pork sandwich which was divine. We headed for the Backlot Tour and although we had read a bit about it we were not 100% sure what to expect. I have to say that we all thoroughly enjoyed it even more than we had imagined. This will be a must do again in the future. I am glad I didn’t volunteer though!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/Florida2007GM192600x800.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/image108532x800.jpg

We had the Fantasmic Dinner Package booked so made our way to Hollywood and Vine for our 5.10 pm reservation. Buffets can be like Russian roulette with Rowan’s nut allergy so the chef walked us though what she could eat. There was plenty of choice. We all liked the meats and the mini desserts. Mum found the butter beans in one dish particularly tasty until we pointed out that they were actually large pieces of garlic! I’m not sitting next to her at Famtasmic! Meal for 7 was £166 plus tip. Still reeling from my Kraken shock earlier in the holiday I once again chickened out of Tower of Terror. That left just Craig and Mel willing to give it a go. The rest of us headed over to the Magic of Disney Animation. Holly was thrilled to be going to see this as she loves to draw the characters. Unfortunately we did not know that it was a 3 part experience and we only got to do two of the three. The Drawn to Animation feature was first with the interactive Mushu was cute and funny. This was followed by some fun in the interactive area. The bit we missed was the drawing of the characters which was what Holly really wanted to do but we had our FDP passes for Fantasmic and had to be at the gate for a certain time. I hope this is still open when we go back – poor Holly.

We met up with Craig and Mel at the entrance to Fantasmic. I have to say that my sister was not looking forward to the show and did actually voice that out loud on the walk to our seats. We picked our seats and soaked up the atmosphere which was amazing. We chatted to guests seated around us and bought the girls light up toys. The Mexican waves were fun, I’d only ever seen them on TV before now. None of us could get over the size of the place and the amount of people there. Fantasmic was amazing! The whole show seems a bit of a blur now but I can safely say that we all, yes even my sister, loved it! It was an amazing end to another fab day at the parks.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/IMG_1080800x600.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/IMG_1089800x600.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/IMG_1071600x800-1.jpg

Notes after that are a bit sketchy but I do know we bought 2 boxes of Dunkin Donuts at the drive thru and shared some out in the hotel lift with mum, dad and Mel.

Night everyone!

Tomorrow – Blizzard Beach & Wishes Cruise

Beth__WDW23/6/02
05-18-2009, 10:35 AM
Another great day :thumbsup2

bombhead444
05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
They still do the character animation in DHS,we looked at doing it last year but didn't for some reason,might have something to do with me not being very good at drawing.:laughing:

If for some reason it isn't available when you go back they have animation classes in DisneyQuest in DTD.

spookysarah
05-18-2009, 02:29 PM
They still do the character animation in DHS,we looked at doing it last year but didn't for some reason,might have something to do with me not being very good at drawing.:laughing:

If for some reason it isn't available when you go back they have animation classes in DisneyQuest in DTD.

Ooooh, that's good to know, thank you. :goodvibes

natalielongstaff
05-19-2009, 12:14 AM
great day, shame about 1st aid though x

wicket2005
05-20-2009, 11:58 AM
Another lovely day and glad your little girl's eyes were sorted out efficiently.

irongirlof12
05-20-2009, 01:07 PM
amazing photo's , you just don't realise how many folks go to see Fantasmic:cool1:

Cyrano
05-25-2009, 06:37 PM
Good to see that the spinners came in handy at Fantasmic :)

cap'njack.
05-28-2009, 04:15 AM
Good day, Fantasmic looked cool.

Shame about your daughters eye's...glad they were sorted at First Aid though :hug:

mark&sue
06-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Fantasmic is really good

susan