PDA

View Full Version : The Wardrobe Malfunction Trip 10 - Shopping and a secret snoozer

spookysarah
05-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Shopping and a secret snoozer

If you have missed any day please see my Trip Report Index (http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=203208)

Me, Sarah 31 – chief planner, lover of all things Disney
DH, Craig, 34 – driver and foodie
DD, Holly, 10 – loves characters and especially drawing them
DD, Rowan, 8 – not going upside down this year!
3 newbies -
My mum, Shona, 50 - big kid and possible thrill junkie
My dad, Alastair, 57 – the banker and carrier bag holder
My sister, Mel, 29 – doesn’t do characters and slightly bemused by the 'Disney thing'

29th September 2007

So it was supposed to be Epcot today but we are all feeling tired and dad felt really poorly in Animal Kingdom yesterday so the coolness of shops and malls beckons. To set us up for the day we head to Perkins again. Suitable stuffed we head for Festival Bay. It seems that there are less shops open this year which is a real shame as it has quite a nice feel. Sheplers is amazing and dad bought a cowboy hat – yeehaw! Craig bought a pair of Off Road Crocs and I bought a pair of Florida Gators crocs from Bass Pro, which is another amazing shop. I’m sure they were not the only purchses made.

Next we headed to Lake Buena Vista Factory Shops. We split up and arranged to meet back at the car. We found the teeniest tiniest merry-go-round and bribed the girls for a photo with the promise of grape soda, lol!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/IMG_1056600x800.jpg

There were a lot of shops and Criag headed off woth Rowan and Holly and I set off to look for jeans. We had fun browsing may shops and ended up in Old Nav. As we wanted to try on a few thing we told Craig to ask everyone to meet a half hour later. When it came to the time to meet up he and Rowan were nowhere to be seen. The rest of us were sat on a bench in the sweltering heat scanning the shops but still no sign. After 30 mins I headed off to look for him checking all the shops I thought he might have gone in. Still no joy. I don’t know what made me check but I walked past the care and yup, you guessed it he was inside with the music on and air-con on full blast. Rowan was in the back just chilling too. I called the others over (they were not far away) and we were all unimpressed. He said he had not seen us – translation – he had fallen asleep! He mumbled something about thinking we were meeting back at the car – doh!

All settled in and with the air-con cooling us off we headed to Florida Mall. I think it is by far our favourite shopping place. Again we split up and shopped until we dropped. I definitely remember going into Libby Lu and making lip glosses and also buying Hannah Montana things for a friend’s daughter back home.

We met in the food court which has so much choice. The girls and I chose Subway (mmmmm steak and cheese), Craig went to Taco Bell, mum went to Manchu Wok, Mels had something from a BBQ place and dad had…… a kids meal from KFC!! People watching is good fun while you eat and when we were finished we joined the crowds again for more shopping.

It was 8.30 when we left Florida Mall. We had a bit of a trek for petrol as the first place had none. We also stopped by Dunkin’ Donuts again – yummy! We spent the rest of the evening in the rooms before having an early-ish night.

Yee-hah, Dad!
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/Florida2007GM189800x600.jpg

Mels trying out an inflatable mat and a new top
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k46/spookysarah76/Florida2007GM188800x600.jpg

Tomorrow – DHS & Fantasmic

Beth__WDW23/6/02
05-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Sounds like a great day shopping :thumbsup2

bombhead444
05-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Sounds like you all had a nice relaxing day.:)

natalielongstaff
05-19-2009, 01:16 AM
fab day :thumbsup2

wicket2005
05-20-2009, 12:53 PM
Another lovely day.

irongirlof12
05-20-2009, 02:09 PM
fab day shopping. e have not been to florida mall for ages and are looking forward to it on our next trip. glad your Dad got a nice kids meal :lmao:

Cyrano
05-25-2009, 07:29 PM
I have told OH there is no day 10 report :lmao:;)

cap'njack.
05-28-2009, 05:09 AM
I have told OH there is no day 10 report :lmao:;)

Love it! :lmao:

Great day shopping!

mark&sue
06-20-2009, 01:18 PM
great shopping day

susan