PDA

View Full Version : BC/YC vs. WL/AKL

Wags
06-15-2002, 12:44 AM
This is for those of you who have stayed at either BC/YC and WL/AKL.

Which do you prefer and why? I plan on splitting time between either a moderate or value with one of these deluxe. I need some help on determining the pro and cons of each.

And I know each are beautiful, so what I need are some specific details.

Thanks.

anne930
06-15-2002, 07:50 AM
My DH and I got a good rate at YC last year mid-December and loved it. It was so convenient to Epcot and we loved the boat ride to Disney Studios. Rode the bus to MK and didn't wait long at all. I thought the YC would be kind of "uppity" if you know what I mean, but it wasn't - it was quiet and everyone was super nice - probably going back this December depending on what rates are available. Haven't stayed at WL/AKL yet so can't compare. Good luck deciding.

Disneyhappy
06-15-2002, 08:33 AM
We have stayed at all four and I can recommend all of them. We prefer the WL over the AKL basicaly due to location. The theming of both are wonderful but bus transportation is required for every park at the AKL. The WL would be a good choice if you like to feel a little more isolated and if you plan to spend most of your time at MK with young children. They have direct boat access to the MK. The WL also offers the Seven Seas Lagoon for the electrical water parade every evening as well as water sports on the lagoon.

BC/YC are probably our favorite at this time in our life because of SAB for the kids and easy access to Epcot and MGM where we spend most of our time. If I had to chose between the two, I would probably go by the rate. If all else is equal, I would choose the YC because they guarantee queen beds and full balcony and daybed. I did not like worrying that we may not get those items at the BC. We did-but it was still stressful in having to request a room change.

One drawback to the YC/BC is ther is no food court like at the budget, moderates and other deluxes. Both the WL and AKL have food courts for a quick bite to eat and mug refills.

Hope this helps!

cindala
06-15-2002, 09:55 AM
We have stayed at both the WL and the YC, and both are very beautiful resorts. As mentioned above, the YC does not have a food court, and WL has Roaring Forks, great for a quick bite to eat.

However, in my opinion, the YC hands down beats the WL for location. You can walk to Epcot or MGM, or stroll over to the Boardwalk. There are also numerous restaurants within a short walk, and AK and MK are a short bus ride away.

AKL is also beautiful, but off of the beaten path. If you are looking for quiet and seclusion, this might be the choice for you.:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Cinderella
06-15-2002, 04:27 PM
Hi - we once split our stay between WL and BC. My favourite is WL because of the theming (we own DVC there now) but, I would stay at either in a heartbeat.

It depends which parks you want to be close to and what you prefer to do on an evening.

BC has a more luxurious feel than WL but, the theming at WL can't be beaten. However I have heard the AKL is pretty fabulous.

BC is great for walking back from the World Showcase after the fireworks, or transportation to MGM but, not so good if you wind up in Future World at the end of the day. WL has a brilliant boat ride to the Magic Kingdom.

If you like eating out alot and your children are very small, I would go with WL. But, if your children are older I would go for the BC/YC area. Without kids - definitely the BC area. Sorry - can't comment on AKL as haven't stayed there.