PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the 2010 Podcast Cruise Forum

WebmasterPete
05-17-2009, 09:05 AM
I figured this would be easier than trying to maintain a single thread - so ENJOY!!

Pete

stitchlover
05-17-2009, 09:22 AM
Let the fun begin!

Hopefully I will be able to make it this time.

parrotheadlois
05-17-2009, 09:39 AM
We're in!!!! (Am I actually on the FIRST PAGE????)
WOW!!

gotta go get a new sig....

Mouse Skywalker
05-17-2009, 09:46 AM
Good Morning Pete. Thanks for the new forum.

dvcfamily41801
05-17-2009, 09:54 AM
Hi everyone!!
I really hope that we will somehow be able to make the next cruise!!! Even though we were not on the first one....congratulations and thank you to the Podcast Crew & Dreams for an outstanding event for everyone!!! :goodvibes

OKW Lover
05-17-2009, 10:01 AM
Wow - First Page!!!

So, its five hundred and how many days? Way too long.

Renysmom
05-17-2009, 10:26 AM
First Page... Me too!!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

mikelan6
05-17-2009, 11:00 AM
How cool. :cool1:

skunkvette
05-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Pete,

You and the Crew have convinced Cathy and I to sign up for the cruise.

Although we may try one prior to the Podcast date, we have requested a quote for the 12/2010 event and plan on being there.

Thanks again for all you do.

Frank Giordano

DVCsince02
05-17-2009, 11:30 AM
Don't know if we are going yet, but we got the quote. Will know for sure next month when we cruise again.

First page?

jen3003
05-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Hey I made it on the first page! :cool1:

Thanks Pete for the new forum! There will be a lot of talking going on here for the next 19 months.
Can't wait!!!!

CinderellasSister
05-17-2009, 11:37 AM
It's going to be a LLOONNGG 19 months!!! :bored:

But I know we'll have plenty to do to pass the time. :chat:

First time cruiser here, so I'll apologize now if I wind up asking too many questions. :flower3:

jen3003
05-17-2009, 12:29 PM
It's going to be a LLOONNGG 19 months!!! :bored:

But I know we'll have plenty to do to pass the time. :chat:

First time cruiser here, so I'll apologize now if I wind up asking too many questions. :flower3:

First time cruiser here too!

I know I'll probably be asking too many questions as well. But I'm sure we won't be the only ones. ;)

CDolacki2003
05-17-2009, 12:53 PM
My DH and I are going also. Cant we just change the clock to...oh yeah right thats animal crossings.:rolleyes1

ADP
05-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I may end up going solo, but I'm definately going. Anna and Kim are a slight maybe at this point. I should also say even though I booked on the cruise the prices for the 12/12/2010 podcast sailing are fantastic!

OKW Lover
05-17-2009, 01:10 PM
I may end up going solo, but I'm definately going. Anna and Kim are a slight maybe at this point.
I hope it wasn't anything we did. :goodvibes

aspen37
05-17-2009, 03:04 PM
I may end up going solo, but I'm definately going. Anna and Kim are a slight maybe at this point. I should also say even though I booked on the cruise the prices for the 12/12/2010 podcast sailing are fantastic!

Hi Aaron! I hope Kim and Anna go on the next cruise. Anna seemed to of had alot of fun on the cruise. I can't wait for the next cruise!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

BeamsofLight
05-17-2009, 03:19 PM
Ooo subforum. Very cool.

Hope we actually end up going on this one... and that I don't ask too many annoying first timer questions in the meantime. :blush:

LMO429
05-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Looking forward to the 2010 cruise! Still at WDW enjoying the rest of our vacation and thankful for an amazing time on the wonder last week :goodvibes

MinnieVacations
05-17-2009, 04:44 PM
Hi everyone. I have been a long time podcast listener and lurker on the boards. I have been wanting to come out of lurkerville, but have been a little intimidated. I put in a request for a quote just today. So I guess now is a good time to join the boards. We are already looking forward to the cruise.

Jada

Cyrano
05-17-2009, 04:47 PM
This is a great idea for a Podcast cruise sub-board. Even if we are still undecided about making it I will still enjoy hanging out here :goodvibes

Renysmom
05-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Hi everyone. I have been a long time podcast listener and lurker on the boards. I have been wanting to come out of lurkerville, but have been a little intimidated. I put in a request for a quote just today. So I guess now is a good time to join the boards. We are already looking forward to the cruise.

Jada

Hi Jada - Welcome to the DIS, glad you decided to come out of lurkdom.

So where in Chantilly do you hang your mouse ears? I grew up in NVA and worked in Chantilly for what seems like forever. We moved way from the traffic and such 3 years ago. There are lots of DIS'rs from NVA, most from Fairfax so know you are among neighbors as well as friends.

disneyfan19712006
05-17-2009, 06:03 PM
I am bringing the whole family on this cruise. Should be about 4 cabins. I just don't know how we can top the last cruise. 19 months is along time to wait. See everyone there.

wildeoscar
05-17-2009, 06:21 PM
First time cruiser here too!

I know I'll probably be asking too many questions as well. But I'm sure we won't be the only ones. ;)

lemme tell ya, I should have asked more questions... I didn't realize it would be going through airport like security. I also didn't realize there is no place to put your carry on till the state roomst are ready at 1:30p... so we more or less were sitting waiting till the state rooms were ready to go with carry on's that i though we'd be able to ditch in our room right away.

PryncessChrysty
05-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks, Pete! I am so subscribing to this one!

Hi, Everyone!! :goodvibes

MinnieVacations
05-17-2009, 08:30 PM
Thanks Renysmom. I live in South Riding. Just 5 miles west of the Fairfax/Loudoun border off Rt. 50. But I'm originally from Richmond (Midlothian). What part of VA did you move to?

rlduvall
05-17-2009, 08:35 PM
I am going to seriously consider it this time. See if I can get a friend to go with me - DH and DS would be like an albatross around my neck. [did I actually put that in writing?:laughing:]

BTW - what does that exactly mean: "Albatross around my neck"? Was this a bad thing back in the time. :confused3

Renysmom
05-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Thanks Renysmom. I live in South Riding. Just 5 miles west of the Fairfax/Loudoun border off Rt. 50. But I'm originally from Richmond (Midlothian). What part of VA did you move to?

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I know exactly where South Riding is, I have spent many many many hours there, what makes it funnier is we moved from Manassas to Richmond (Varina) ... Small world isnt it?

dpuck1998
05-17-2009, 09:52 PM

I know this might sound creepy, but I might be able to entertain a 3rd in the room? Just thinking out loud, but for 4 nights it might be a possibility. There is a chance the wife might now want to go either...we will keep in touch!

UrsulasShadow
05-17-2009, 10:56 PM
lemme tell ya, I should have asked more questions... I didn't realize it would be going through airport like security. I also didn't realize there is no place to put your carry on till the state roomst are ready at 1:30p... so we more or less were sitting waiting till the state rooms were ready to go with carry on's that i though we'd be able to ditch in our room right away.

I really liked your luggage, Oskey.;)

wildeoscar
05-17-2009, 11:01 PM
I really liked your luggage, Oskey.;)

my birthday party the night before ran long... I didn't plan to have hefty bag and two zip ties

ADP
05-17-2009, 11:10 PM
I hope it wasn't anything we did. :goodvibes
Not at all Jeff...It's the whole school thing. Anna will be in 5th grade. It will be a little tougher to get her out of school; especially the week before XMas break, but one never knows if it's possible or not. We shall see. They do want to go, but priorities are priorities. :)

Hi Aaron! I hope Kim and Anna go on the next cruise. Anna seemed to of had alot of fun on the cruise. I can't wait for the next cruise!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:
I hope so too Anna. By the way, we really enjoyed dining with you. I know I wasn't terribly talkative at dinner. I was too busy eating I guess. :lmao: Kim says hi :wave: Hope to see you again soon!

I know this might sound creepy, but I might be able to entertain a 3rd in the room? Just thinking out loud, but for 4 nights it might be a possibility. There is a chance the wife might now want to go either...we will keep in touch!
We'll see. It's a long way until Dec 2010 and things can change quickly. Although we said that about this podcast cruise 18 months ago as well, and now it's behind us. :rolleyes1

L.E. Ott
05-18-2009, 09:56 AM
WE ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!

And yes, we'll be staying in the Poor Irish Steerage section next to the goats again. Who knew if you went far enough down in the ship, the staterooms had oars in them so you could keep the ship moving for the rich folk in an emergency???

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

FireDancer
05-18-2009, 10:53 AM
I was on the first and had a great time but I won't be on the second. I want to do the 2011 Marathon and the cruise is just too close to get down there twice. Of course things could change (like picking a trip out of the prizematron) but for now I'll be down in early 2011.

jeanigor
05-18-2009, 10:57 AM
I rebooked. Can't wait for "Fun on a Boat, Part 2".

Just a working title. Any other ideas?

Disney Khi
05-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Oooooooh! A new forum! Because I really needed another Dis time sucker!!! :rotfl2:

I don't know if I'll be able to make the next cruise, but I know it will be a blast. We'll have a baby about a year and a half old by then and I don't even know where we'll be living. It will be fun reading all about it, though, even if I don't get to go!

Jennygt
05-18-2009, 04:32 PM
Thanks Pete!!! I hope that we can make it in 2010!!

Annette_VA
05-18-2009, 04:35 PM

More Fun on a Boat

OKW Lover
05-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Fun on a Boat - Reloaded?
Fun on a Boat - Redux?

:sail:

jen3003
05-18-2009, 05:37 PM

Thank you for that info!!! :thumbsup2
I know I will be doing an awful lot of research before we go.:surfweb:
I guess in a way it is a good thing that the cruise is 19 months away.

Jen

jen3003
05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
WE ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!

And yes, we'll be staying in the Poor Irish Steerage section next to the goats again. Who knew if you went far enough down in the ship, the staterooms had oars in them so you could keep the ship moving for the rich folk in an emergency???

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

That's too funny!
But just to be safe maybe I'll ask Tracy to move me up a category so I don't have to worry about using the oars. :lmao:

Disneybridein2k3
05-19-2009, 07:32 AM

That is excellent Todd since I have already put that title in my countdown!

sshaw10060
05-19-2009, 07:49 AM
Are we there yet????

Dsmurf16
05-19-2009, 12:05 PM
I am going to seriously consider it this time. See if I can get a friend to go with me - DH and DS would be like an albatross around my neck. [did I actually put that in writing?:laughing:]

BTW - what does that exactly mean: "Albatross around my neck"? Was this a bad thing back in the time. :confused3

so my parents and I have signed up i really really hope to go so hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::cool1::woohoo:

bettyann29
05-20-2009, 04:16 AM
I was so excited to hear of another podcast cruise.. I WILL be on this one.. I will do anything I have to to be there..

katscradle
05-22-2009, 09:24 PM
We rebooked on the ship for the 2010 cruise. :yay::yay:
I felt so lucky to be on the first, and am so excited to be going on the second. :woohoo:
We booked a catagory 4. :dance3::dance3:

mazdabug
05-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Looks like we are going to book the trip for next year. Whoo hoo.

mickeywatch33
05-30-2009, 10:03 AM
We have are request in for the next cruise! Anxiously awaiting Tracy's follow-up email!!:yay: