PDA

View Full Version : We are home!! Surgery went well! Thank you for the prayers! and well wishes

longing2Batdisney
05-16-2009, 07:23 PM
I would like to ask for prayers for my baby(born July 2006)...from those who can share...
My son was born with a right looped aorta (for those who do not know-your aorta loops to the left). When children are born w/this there is usually a vascular ring that forms. His is wrapped around his trachea; which has caused trachalmalasia. This is a rare condition (but I think it is not as rare as they think; just misdiagnosed).

As a baby the doctors would tell me he had reflux (but did not have the typical symptoms), than I was told resp infections, than allergies, finally (and the final straw) asthma. HE DID NOT HAVE THE SYMPTONS; he wheezes when he eats and when he is active (we now know that is the malasia).

According to the cardiologist if he does not have the ring cut it will eventually suffocate his trachea; Dh and my problem accepting this DX (we know they are right but are they on the money) the CT he has shows a nodule on his arota at the point of the trachea but NOT the ring (there is no blood flow through the ring--this is a good thing IF they are right about the ring). What if they are wrong does a simple surgery become open heart??? We have asked and they say it is a ring...

All we can do is pray that they are correct and we are doing the right thing to help him... it ssooooo scary...

Well, on June 8 he will have surgery to cut the vascular ring...
I am having a hard time with this would really feel better knowing there is a prayer chain praying with us for a safe and successful surgery.

Thank you

luvmarypoppins
05-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Prayers for your precious son. May God give you peace and comfort during this difficult time.

I had a tumor that was crushing my trachea too and I did alot of wheezing when I walked which was difficult to do anyway plus I really couldnt swallow food well. My heart goes out to your ds. Blessings to you and your family.

MinnyGranny62
05-16-2009, 09:36 PM
:hug:My prayers have already been sent your way. Shirley

mommasita
05-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Prayers said. :grouphug:

Elfstar
05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
:grouphug: Thoughts and prayers for you and your little one! I'll add you to our prayer chain at work!

longing2Batdisney
05-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Thank you all!!!

Mskanga
05-18-2009, 08:08 PM
Absolutely. My prayers and thoughts for a full recovery.

bertegirl
05-19-2009, 08:37 PM
He will be in our thoughts and prayers!

longing2Batdisney
05-20-2009, 06:52 AM
Thank you to all for your prayers...:grouphug:
we have a week of family fun, bonding, and excitement...:flower3:
hope this helps to settle the nerves before we return for the big day...
the cardiologist said to go and have a great time!:wizard:

hoping the magic helps to settle DH and myself and takes our mind off the gravity of things for a little while:hug:

** I need to add that we are very very thankful that he is a very healthy and active child other than a plumbing problem (as the doctors call it).:cutie:

minniebeth
05-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Your little boy is in my prayers...
Have a WONDERFUL trip! pixiedust:

SeansMom
05-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Sending you prayers for a safe and speedy surgery and even faster healing after.

mickeystoontown
06-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Girl, you know if I prayed about your older son's grades, I will CERTAINLY pray for your little one's medical condition. I will also pray that the doctor and the medical staff.

Regina
06-01-2009, 09:31 PM
I'm sure the arrival of June has brought both a sense of relief as well as mounting concern.

I'll be praying that your little guy comes through the surgery with flying colors. :hug:

leamom2princesses
06-02-2009, 06:05 PM
Many prayers headed your way!:hug:

jngwright
06-05-2009, 12:54 PM
I hope you are feeling lifted up in prayer! There is nothing more frightening than being a parent, is there? May God guide the doctors and give you peace!!:hug:

MaryAz
06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Lots of positive thoughts and prayers being sent your way!

longing2Batdisney
06-07-2009, 11:20 PM
:angel: My DS's surgery tomorrow around 11:30 am. We are currently up letting him play w/his brother (16) trying to wear him out and drink as much as we can get him to. He cannot have anything after 3:30 am/clear liquids stop at 7:30 am. We are hoping he sleeps until it is close to time to leave so we do not have to try and keep him from asking for his beloved first thing in the morning "Pedisure", chocolate milk.

I won't be able to update until Tuesday/Wednesday.

Again, thank you for your prayers and well wishes; it has helped me get through this time up to now.:grouphug:

quasar4legs
06-08-2009, 02:58 AM
Sending you all some BIG Koala cuddles.
I shall be thinking of you all as you face this difficult time.

:grouphug: Trish

dee47
06-08-2009, 06:53 AM
Thinking of you all and praying for a successful surgery and easy recovery!

Regina
06-08-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm praying that the surgery goes even better than expected and that by the end of the day your little guy is on his way to a full and quick recovery. :hug:

luvmarypoppins
06-08-2009, 09:05 AM
:hug: Lifting up your precious little boy in prayer and for your family too. Blessings to you all. Praying for a sucessful surgery and quick recovery. May God give you the peace that passes all understanding.

mickeystoontown
06-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Not only have I said a prayer for you and your family but for the doctors and staff as well.

minniebeth
06-08-2009, 02:52 PM
You are all in my thoughts and prayers! :hug:

frdeb1999
06-08-2009, 06:40 PM
You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well tommorow. :hug:

mommasita
06-08-2009, 09:30 PM
Thoughts and prayers for tomorrow. :grouphug:

MinnyGranny62
06-08-2009, 09:43 PM
:hug:My prayers are being sent your way. Shirley

Eeyores Butterfly
06-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Praying for you. :grouphug:

longing2Batdisney
06-10-2009, 11:00 PM
We returned home today! His surgery went well. He did have a vascular ring; but, we also found out today on our way home that it is a birth defect and not genetic:). His recovery I hope will be quick; he was not eating at the hospital or taking meds(they wanted to keep him one more night). I told them he would do better at home away from stangers and in his own environment. I was right! he has eaten and we have been able to get him to take his meds again.

Thank you everyone for the prayers; I did feel the warmth and well wishes sent our way!:grouphug:

:flower3:

mommasita
06-10-2009, 11:46 PM
We returned home today! His surgery went well. He did have a vascular ring; but, we also found out today on our way home that it is a birth defect and not genetic:). His recovery I hope will be quick; he was not eating at the hospital or taking meds(they wanted to keep him one more night). I told them he would do better at home away from stangers and in his own environment. I was right! he has eaten and we have been able to get him to take his meds again.

Thank you everyone for the prayers; I did feel the warmth and well wishes sent our way!:grouphug:

I am glad to hear you are home, and he is on his way to recovery. I agree, we do so much better at home...

Thank you for updating us...Thoughts and prayers :grouphug:

mickeystoontown
06-11-2009, 09:18 AM

Hallelujah! I just told our fellow Louisiana friend over on the frolicking pants thread that I had prayed for both your son and her. She is doing okay and your son is recovering. So, yes, my prayers have been answered.

longing2Batdisney
06-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Thank you!

dee47
06-11-2009, 02:05 PM
AWESOME NEWS!! I'm so glad he's home!

frdeb1999
06-11-2009, 04:31 PM
:)Wonderful news!! Hope he heals quickly!

MinnyGranny62
06-11-2009, 11:39 PM
:dance3:Wonderful news and hopeful for a speedy recovery. Shirley

Regina
06-12-2009, 06:57 AM
This is fantastic news!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Go ahead and spoil the little guy (and give yourself a much deserved treat as well.) Absolutely wonderful news. :hug:

luvmarypoppins
06-12-2009, 07:38 AM
What wonderful news and a great blessing of answered prayer. Your little guy is a real trooper!!