PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15

Launchpad11B
06-29-2009, 07:55 AM
Happy Monday peeps! I fly to Vegas at 1:00 today for work. Everyone try and have a great Monday! :goodvibes

Launchpad11B
06-29-2009, 07:57 AM
Mornin. Mondays suck. I'm trying to look for the bright side and the only one I could find is that I woke up. Anyone got anything else? And I don't want any of this 4 day work week stuff from Don.

:hug: A hug is all I can think of Stacy :hug:, Go put on DIS radio and try to cheer up. :thumbsup2

jeanigor
06-29-2009, 08:05 AM
Happy Monday peeps! I fly to Vegas at 1:00 today for work. Everyone try and have a great Monday! :goodvibes

Have a safe trip Paul!

shellyminnie
06-29-2009, 08:33 AM

Have a safe trip!! :goodvibes

dpuck1998
06-29-2009, 08:39 AM
Mornin. Mondays suck. I'm trying to look for the bright side and the only one I could find is that I woke up. Anyone got anything else? And I don't want any of this 4 day work week stuff from Don.

I won't mention that I have a 4 day week and since its a holiday week we only have to work 7 hr days.

Good Luck! Stay Safe. Do you fly commercial?

maroo
06-29-2009, 09:01 AM
Anyone here ever heard of or been to Mouse Meets? It is not a DIS sponsored thing.

I was on the chat last night for the monthly live show of WDW Today and won an auction and got tickets to the Mouse Meets (and a bunch of other cool stuff)! :woohoo:

So that is a fun thing for my Monday!

Now I just have to figure out how I am going to get there! :lmao:

ADP
06-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Do you have a 4 day work week this week for the 4th of July? I hope so, and if you do that is definately worth waking up to. :)

Don't know if I have a four day work week or not. Depends on how the boss feels. Last year we only worked a day and a half the week of the 4th of July.
Here's hoping your boss is in the same mood as last year!

Have a safe trip Paul. I'd tell you to have fun, but I doubt you will be able to get out much and enjoy the strip or everything else Vegas has to offer.

Anyone here ever heard of or been to Mouse Meets? It is not a DIS sponsored thing.

I was on the chat last night for the monthly live show of WDW Today and won an auction and got tickets to the Mouse Meets (and a bunch of other cool stuff)! :woohoo:

So that is a fun thing for my Monday!

Now I just have to figure out how I am going to get there! :lmao:
I heard and saw the whole thing Mary. First off, congratulations and you are soooo generous! It was really heart-warming what you did.
I've never been to the meet in Camp Hill, PA. I've only witnessed it from afar and heard what others have said about it. If you go, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. The meet is more of a 1 day convention with Friday night and Sunday being optional days for other activities (other ticketed events). There will be break-out sessions with guest speakers who will offer you advice on traveling to Disney, what to do in the parks, etc. Tables are setup in the main hall where you can meet sponsors, special guests, and other podcasters. Prizes are awarded throughout the day along with several Children's activities. The most important element of the meet is just getting to know other Disney enthusiasts like you and making new friends. :wizard:

firsttimemom
06-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I was this close today to getting a Blackberry. But, I would have to pay $500, and I just can't justify that when we can get them fom $60 and both get one come February. Maybe I'll look for a used one.

sucks being an adult sometimes...

hold out for an iphone!

And speaking of phones, I'll have Lindsay text Madi this AM and then she'll have her #

firsttimemom
06-29-2009, 09:23 AM
We went an O's game last night - weather was perfect, seats were insanely good, no rain ;) (no Mary Poppins either) but the husband and wife in front of us were taunting the team like maybe their heckling would make them play better? Or maybe the O's would take their advice on how to play - like they were just waiting for that one fan to come in and offer that outstanding piece of advice for the :idea: moment and then they could play better! Good grief! I kept the beer guy busy; I really like that guy.

I HATE when people do that! DH used to have season tickets and the guy right behind us did the same thing. It got to the point where you hated to go bcs that was all you would hear.

Did you get any bbq to go w/ the beer?

Launchpad11B
06-29-2009, 09:24 AM
Good Luck! Stay Safe. Do you fly commercial?

We fly commercial on non emergency deployments. Government rate on commercial flights. For emergencies we take military airlift. :thumbsup2

dpuck1998
06-29-2009, 09:25 AM
We fly commercial on non emergency deployments. Government rate on commercial flights. For emergencies we take military airlift. :thumbsup2

So have you been on some of the cool planes? Do you have a favorite?

jcb
06-29-2009, 09:32 AM
I HATE when people do that! DH used to have season tickets and the guy right behind us did the same thing. It got to the point where you hated to go bcs that was all you would hear.

It isn't just Baltimore - we did a "family" trip to a San Francisco Giants game - the only time I have ever seen ushers wearing insulated parkas in July. The only thing the fellow sitting behind us ever said was to scream, "you s**k", to the pitcher. But hey, no bottles were flying around in the stands so we just walked around the stadium for a while then left. Who really wants to see the Giants play the Dodgers anyway? ;)

maroo
06-29-2009, 09:53 AM
I heard and saw the whole thing Mary. First off, congratulations and you are soooo generous! It was really heart-warming what you did.
I've never been to the meet in Camp Hill, PA. I've only witnessed it from afar and heard what others have said about it. If you go, I'm sure you will have a fantastic time. The meet is more of a 1 day convention with Friday night and Sunday being optional days for other activities (other ticketed events). There will be break-out sessions with guest speakers who will offer you advice on traveling to Disney, what to do in the parks, etc. Tables are setup in the main hall where you can meet sponsors, special guests, and other podcasters. Prizes are awarded throughout the day along with several Children's activities. The most important element of the meet is just getting to know other Disney enthusiasts like you and making new friends. :wizard:

Thank you for the info! I had no idea you were on there. I really need to learn user names so that I can recognize folks that I "know"...The only name I recognized was Minnie Lor (Lorie).

It was overwhelming to listen and chat at the same time. And bid. :lmao: It is a very worthy cause and is a good use of my money I have saved up thinking I would do Team in Training this year...since that is not going to happen, it only made sense to donate it elsewhere.

Now I just need to see if I can get an extra day off of work.

georgemoe
06-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Good (late) morning everyone! :wave2:

Good morning everyone! My son and daughter in law are coming for a visit later this week. Yippee!!

Morning Kathy. :) Nice to hear you have family coming to visit for the holiday. :thumbsup2

Hi Paul! Have a good trip. :goodvibes Who you guarding now? ;)

Launchpad11B
06-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Paul! Have a good trip. :goodvibes Who you guarding now? ;)

Just a confrence this time George. Nothing exciting. :)

sshaw10060
06-29-2009, 12:47 PM
It isn't just Baltimore - we did a "family" trip to a San Francisco Giants game - the only time I have ever seen ushers wearing insulated parkas in July. The only thing the fellow sitting behind us ever said was to scream, "you s**k", to the pitcher. But hey, no bottles were flying around in the stands so we just walked around the stadium for a while then left. Who really wants to see the Giants play the Dodgers anyway? ;)

I have had the same problem at Patriots games. It's just no fun. On a more fun note I was given 2 EMC Club tickets to Fenway by a grateful client. It was nice to see how the other half lives. All I can say is WOW. I know what I would do if I won the lottery.

kab407
06-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Good (late) morning everyone! :wave2:

Hi George! How were the Birthday Events?

MenashaCorp
06-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Things were going great yesterday. Walk down by the lake shore, Taste of Chicago, fabulous dinner and off to Mary Poppins. Chance of rain but we never got caught in it.

The show started, it was wonderful! We had excellent seats, couldn't have asked for any better. All of a sudden a couple microphones weren't turned on at the right time and we saw a stagehand come into view on the right side. The loud speaker in the theater then came on and a voice said due to some technical issues they were going to bring down the curtain to fix things. 15 minutes or so later we got an update that they were have some automation issues and were still working on it. About 15 minutes more, the theater lights came on completely and the stage manager and Mary Poppins came out on the stage. He told us this was the part of the job that he didn't enjoy and indicated the show was canceled. We made our way out of the theater and guess what? It started to rain!

Oh well, all in all it was a great day. I wish we could have seen the show, it will only be here two more weeks though.

Now this morning it appears as though my cell phone is dead. Don't know why it would be but it will be a long day if it is.

:sad2::sad2: Sorry to hear all that, Tracy!! Hope the rest of your trip was great! :goodvibes

ACCCK! Tracy, I am so sorry that Mary Poppins was canceled. We are scheduled to see Mary Poppins this evening! :eek: I pray they have everything worked out!

Hoping you got to see the show!! :goodvibes

Double down on eleven. And fly safely!! :thumbsup2

winotracy
06-29-2009, 01:02 PM
:sad2::sad2: Sorry to hear all that, Tracy!! Hope the rest of your trip was great! :goodvibes

It was great! A little sunburn, but I needed some color :lmao: We had wonderful company the whole stay, except they never shared any of their cake :sad2:

kab407
06-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Hi Tracy!

Hi Jason!

It is so good to be home!

winotracy
06-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Hi Tracy!

Hi Jason!

Welcome back Kathy!

MenashaCorp
06-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi Tracy!

Hi Jason!

:wave: Hi Kathy!!

georgemoe
06-29-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi George! How were the Birthday Events?

Hi Kathy! Nice to have you back! :goodvibes

Had a great time just hanging on my deck cooking for people. Thanks! :)

Disneybridein2k3
06-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Good Morning! Mondays are kinda lousy, but at least the birds were chirping away and the sunrise was beautiful!

Don't know if I have a four day work week or not. Depends on how the boss feels. Last year we only worked a day and a half the week of the 4th of July.
Show off :p
:hug: A hug is all I can think of Stacy :hug:, Go put on DIS radio and try to cheer up. :thumbsup2
A most excellent idea Paul! And it worked!!! Safe travels and try to stay cool, Paul. :cool2:
I won't mention that I have a 4 day week and since its a holiday week we only have to work 7 hr days.
YOU suck. Nuff said. :p (ps, you know I love you Don :hug: and clearly I am just jealous)

I went to Mouse Meets two years ago - it was fun but I think it would have been more fun if I had known more people before I went. Actually, Aaron described it perfectly.

Heck yeah! Our first stop is always Boogs! Quick, fun story that you'll be able to relate to: About three years ago, we were at the O's game and were in line to get Boogs. There are two lines and both of them were looooong. In the middle was a guy in an O's uniform with a notepad and people were in a smaller line so I suggested to my dad that we should get out of the line we were in and place our order with the guy in the middle. :headache: The guy in the middle line with the uniform was Boog Powell, former first baseman for the O's and he happened to be signing autographs that day. Thankfully I didn't get far enough to embarrass myself - when we got close enough we saw what was going on and stayed put. :rotfl:

maiziezoe
06-29-2009, 01:50 PM
I would LOVE to play a game of Uno with anyone from FB, I either haven't figured out how to do it yet, or my friends aren't in the lobby the same time I am :confused3

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Jason and I will have a busy weekend/week. This time always is!
We are heading to the Kohl's Children's Museum in the AM for a special thing about bugs. Then heading over to a restaurant to meet with a friend, hanging out for a while. Maybe going to Taste of Chicago tomorrow night and Navy Pier to see Elevation (a U2 tribute band) they are really good.

On Sunday we will be going to Taste of Chicago with Aaron and the MIL. We have to spend the 300 tickets! Mind you most of the things we get are 3 tickets and they are equivalent in size to the items you would find at food and wine festival! 100 taste portions! I can usually eat 10 and I am stuffed to the gills! Can anyone say :sick:.
In the evening we are going to head over to Long Grove Strawberry Festival. It is kind of tradition now, Aaron has been every year since he was born. We get his picture taken in the same spot every year :).

Let me know when you're playing Uno and I will meet you in the lobby.

How was Strawberry Fest? I was bummed that we missed it this year. I missed Chocolate Fest this year too. I will not miss Apple Fest... yummm.... the Apple donuts are worth the 30 minutes you have to wait in line.

Good evening everyone. I had a great night with my friends tonight. I was thinking of you Dodie and Todd. We went to a martini bar, and my friend ordered a dirty martini. No one has ever told her how yucky they are!

Alex, my oldest kid, came home from a weekend in Springfield (where he goes to school) and told me he went to a martini bar this weekend. He tried a Dirty Martini and HATED it. :)

Have a safe trip!

Hi Tracy!

Hi Jason!

Welcome home!

jeanigor
06-29-2009, 02:02 PM
Alex, my oldest kid, came home from a weekend in Springfield (where he goes to school) and told me he went to a martini bar this weekend. He tried a Dirty Martini and HATED it. :)

I'm glad to see you raised your son to have the correct taste in martinis.:goodvibes

klam_chowder
06-29-2009, 02:13 PM
happy monday folks! :wave2: late start to these boards but by the time you read this your work day's almost over :thumbsup2

I'm smoking some pork butts (also known as Boston butts) for pulled pork sandwiches.
http://www.cfs.purdue.edu/Class/F&N202/Pork_slides/pork_cuts.jpg

Burgers, dogs, and brauts, for those who prefer that.

I just bought 20 racks of spareribs on sale for $1 a pound. There being frozen until the annual Shaw family Oink Cackle and Moo Barbecue in August. Basically we invite everyone we know to stop by have a drink and eat barbecue. It may be my favorite day of the year.

Sounds like u guys will have leftovers - I'll be right over! :teleport: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Morning all, another week has begun but at least we're getting near July. It's a scorcher here today :banana:

Great to hear y'all finally getting some :sunny: I'm sure you'll need some :drinking1 to cool down. On that note, possibly u can help me out...

My bro sent me some great Disney stuff for my bday this year and I thought I should send him something he loves too for his bday, instead of the usual practical (but nice!) stuff I think he needs. He loves English brew, as he finished his schooling in the UK. I found a great place that will ship beer (bevmo.com and as I live to emulate PW - in the interest of full disclosure, I have no financial relationship...:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Bevmo had lots of variety but as I don't drink beer at all, I had no idea what types to choose for him. So what are the best/most popular microbrews that are made in big enuf batches to be exported? I only know he likes pales and darks :lmao: :lmao:

Mornin. Mondays suck. I'm trying to look for the bright side and the only one I could find is that I woke up. Anyone got anything else?

:hug: and now go and get a fiendishly wicked dessert and don't share! :cake:

it's nice to be able to work in the creature confines of my house. of course - I will sneak in a little :happytv:

and I'm sure a little :surfweb: :disrocks:

I have had the same problem at Patriots games. It's just no fun.

Try being a Pats fan in Bills turf :scared1: :sad2:

welcome home kathy! :wave:

whew, think I'm caught up :rotfl: :rotfl:
cheers,
:flower3:

Madi100
06-29-2009, 03:24 PM
Ann, I see you've raised a good son. YUCKY martinis.

I worked this morning. The morning went fast. Taught poor Madi how to mow the lawn this afternoon. Hopefully the next time she does it withou the tears. It will be easier for her to keep her rows straight :)

Liz, I'd love to hold out for the iphone, but Iowa just has crappy service for AT&T.

I think I'm off to read Gone With the Wind. I'm about half way through.

firsttimemom
06-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Heck yeah! Our first stop is always Boogs! Quick, fun story that you'll be able to relate to: About three years ago, we were at the O's game and were in line to get Boogs. There are two lines and both of them were looooong. In the middle was a guy in an O's uniform with a notepad and people were in a smaller line so I suggested to my dad that we should get out of the line we were in and place our order with the guy in the middle. :headache: The guy in the middle line with the uniform was Boog Powell, former first baseman for the O's and he happened to be signing autographs that day. Thankfully I didn't get far enough to embarrass myself - when we got close enough we saw what was going on and stayed put. :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
{but it sounds like something I would do}

Disneybridein2k3
06-29-2009, 04:43 PM
How was Strawberry Fest? I was bummed that we missed it this year. I missed Chocolate Fest this year too. I will not miss Apple Fest... yummm.... the Apple donuts are worth the 30 minutes you have to wait in line.

Man, I gotta get out to Chicago - you all have some AWESOME food fests out there!!!

A.Mickey
06-29-2009, 11:20 PM
It was great! A little sunburn, but I needed some color :lmao: We had wonderful company the whole stay, except they never shared any of their cake :sad2:

Glad you had a great time!!!

Let me know when you're playing Uno and I will meet you in the lobby.

Woo hoo! Ok sure thing!

We ended up not going to Strawberry Fest. We missed going to chocolate fest too! When is Apple Fest? In September? I want to take Aaron to an apple orchard this year, we tried going last year and you had to pay 40 dollars to pick apples:scared1:, I was like forget it! How was the Baby Shower??

I must have a weird taste....I actually liked the 5 on our table :laughing:

Man, I gotta get out to Chicago - you all have some AWESOME food fests out there!!!

If you ever come be sure to let us know! :hug: The apple/choc/strawberry fests are in a little town called Long Grove.

Becx N Gav
06-30-2009, 05:40 AM
Good morning people! Hope everyone is well?

tlcoke
06-30-2009, 06:00 AM
Good Morning DIS Friends! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

experiment_627
06-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Morning! :wave2:

Have a great Tuesday!

sshaw10060
06-30-2009, 06:55 AM
Good morning all. We got an early start since our son has decided the appropriate time to start the day is 5am. Oh well, I hadn't watched SportsCenter from start to finish in a long time.

dpuck1998
06-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Morning peeps, Its 90 degrees in Las Vegas and its 4:30 am!! :scared1:

kab407
06-30-2009, 07:42 AM
Morning peeps, Its 90 degrees in Las Vegas and its 4:30 am!! :scared1:

What are you doing in Vegas, Don?

Something going on with you and Paul that your wives, all of your wives, don't know about? :rolleyes1

dpuck1998
06-30-2009, 07:44 AM

Something going in with you and Paul that your wives, all of your wives, don't know about? :rolleyes1

I was just checking since Paul didn't report in at 5am....its a balmy 60 degrees here.

jeanigor
06-30-2009, 07:44 AM

Something going in with you and Paul that your wives, all of your wives, don't know about? :rolleyes1

I was wondering the same thing!:scared1:

Disneybridein2k3
06-30-2009, 07:45 AM

I was thinking the same thing! Either that, or he's offering the weather report for Paul? I think I read something yesterday about a fine line between creeper and stalker?

dpuck1998
06-30-2009, 07:46 AM
I was thinking the same thing! Either that, or he's offering the weather report for Paul? I think I read something yesterday about a fine line between creeper and stalker?

Shhh....I'll never sneak up on him if you make so much noise. Now hush woman!

Disneybridein2k3
06-30-2009, 07:53 AM
:rotfl2: We all got there within moments of each other - I didn't see you had already explained it to Todd or I wouldn't have said anything. Thanks for the :laughing: moment this morning Don. I needed it. Now, off to start my day. I just love all of you guys. :grouphug: You are way better than group therapy.

jeanigor
06-30-2009, 07:55 AM
:rotfl2: We all got there within moments of each other - I didn't see you had already explained it to Todd or I wouldn't have said anything. Thanks for the :laughing: moment this morning Don. I needed it. Now, off to start my day. I just love all of you guys. :grouphug: You are way better than group therapy.

If that is the case....our bill is $295 for this session. Please see the receptionist to set up this afternoon's session. Thank you.:goodvibes

katscradle
06-30-2009, 08:00 AM
Good morning!
I am now off to get caught up from the weekend.
Hope everyone had a great one, I know I did. :thumbsup2

kab407
06-30-2009, 08:04 AM
I was just checking since Paul didn't report in at 5am....its a balmy 60 degrees here.

OK.

I mean, I understand.

Paul is irresistible with those massive arms.........

dpuck1998
06-30-2009, 08:04 AM

If that is the case....our bill is $295 for this session. Please see the receptionist to set up this afternoon's session. Thank you.:goodvibes

Group therapy, sounds likes something I'd be into! :love: I won't even charge.

OKW Lover
06-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Good morning all. I'd love to stay and chat but there's a theme park calling my name. :wizard:

jeanigor
06-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Good morning!
I am now off to get caught up from the weekend.
Hope everyone had a great one, I know I did. :thumbsup2

It was eventful for me, if nothing else.

OK.

I mean, I understand.

So that's what makes them swoon!

jeanigor
06-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Good morning all. I'd love to stay and chat but there's a theme park calling my name. :wizard:

Really? And you can hear it from the resort? It surely must be yelling then. And what about Val, the girls and Conner? Is the park forgetting about everyone else? You are indeed an important man sir.

Disneybridein2k3
06-30-2009, 08:14 AM
Just how long WAS the session? Maybe it wasn't as good as I thought!
Figures. :rotfl:
So very jealous Jeff. Have an awesome day!

kab407
06-30-2009, 08:28 AM

Rub it in Jeff!

Have a great day. :)

Love to Val.

katscradle
06-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Happy Belated Birthday to George and Emiel!
I hope you both had a wonderful birthday!

O.K. Todd spill it!
Eventful???

kymickeyfan717
06-30-2009, 08:34 AM
Morn' all from Kentucky. Weather here is awesome. I'm glad I'm working at home this week - will be testing my wireless strength outside a little later. Going to enjoy the low humidity today - something that is rare this time of year in Louisville.

Just checked my countdown clock and it hit 10 days to my next trip "home" to see the mouse. Can't wait...:yay::yay::yay:

tiggerbell
06-30-2009, 08:36 AM

I see we have a 2:45 and a 4:30 open... :snooty:

ADP
06-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Morning All! :wave:

Lots happening this week. I'm doing some last minute things in our yard (Can I just sell my yard and live in my house), work for some reason is crazy, and I'm trying to prepare for a weekend get-a-way that we are highly anticipating!...:moped:

90 degrees in Vegas at 4:30AM! :scared1: It's a dry heat, right?! :rolleyes:
That's crazy! I'm going to guess most Vegas area residents, and tourists for that matter, don't come out of their homes or resorts unless it's absolutely necessary in the summer. 115 degrees in Vegas is probably like a winter storm warning in the midwest. Stay indoors!

shellyminnie
06-30-2009, 10:17 AM
OK.

I mean, I understand.

And don't forget the smile! :lovestruc

Madi100
06-30-2009, 11:26 AM

So, you've collected enough wives and now are moving onto husbands.

maiziezoe
06-30-2009, 12:39 PM

You should come!!

The apple/choc/strawberry fests are in a little town called Long Grove.

Shanan ~ Apple Fest is October 2, 3 and 4. We usually go on Sunday. The bees are HORRIBLE but the apple donuts are AWESOME. We are going to go to Greek Days August 1 or 2.

:thumbsup2

Morning All! :wave:

Lots happening this week. I'm doing some last minute things in our yard (Can I just sell my yard and live in my house), work for some reason is crazy, and I'm trying to prepare for a weekend get-a-way that we are highly anticipating!...:moped:

90 degrees in Vegas at 4:30AM! :scared1: It's a dry heat, right?! :rolleyes:
That's crazy! I'm going to guess most Vegas area residents, and tourists for that matter, don't come out of their homes or resorts unless it's absolutely necessary in the summer. 115 degrees in Vegas is probably like a winter storm warning in the midwest. Stay indoors!

My ex-boyfriend lives in Vegas. He is a plumber and works on new construction... he starts work at 6:00 a.m. and works until 11:00 a.m.... then he is off for a while and goes back to work at 3:00 p.m. and works until 6:00 p.m. so he is not working during the hottest time of the day. Genius!

maroo
06-30-2009, 12:41 PM

You go to therapy twice a DAY? :confused3

And as far as that is concerned...we take Pay Pal, Todd! What receptionist?

:rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Dodie
06-30-2009, 12:41 PM
So, you've collected enough wives and now are moving onto husbands.

:worship::rotfl2:

OKW Lover
06-30-2009, 01:05 PM

I meant to mention that we saw somebody on the way to the MK yesterday that could have been in the same line of work as Paul. Same muscular build and even the camo shorts. But Paul has more hair than this guy.
:hippie:

Disneybridein2k3
06-30-2009, 01:34 PM
I take it back. Todd was mean to me. I shall have to stick with my own therapist :snooty:

My ex-boyfriend lives in Vegas. He is a plumber and works on new construction... he starts work at 6:00 a.m. and works until 11:00 a.m.... then he is off for a while and goes back to work at 3:00 p.m. and works until 6:00 p.m. so he is not working during the hottest time of the day. Genius!
Your ex-boyfriend is John???

maiziezoe
06-30-2009, 01:48 PM
I take it back. Todd was mean to me. I shall have to stick with my own therapist :snooty:

Your ex-boyfriend is John???

LOL... no. My ex-boyfriend isn't quite that genius. ;) He's smart but nowhere close to being "JohnSmart".

cocowum
06-30-2009, 04:31 PM
OK.

I mean, I understand.

That and a butt that you can bounce a quarter off of...:love::love::love:

;)

Tonya2426
06-30-2009, 04:36 PM

;)

http://www.stci.qc.ca/smilies/smilies%20(224).gif

jeanigor
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM

;)

I think if any of us except you would try that, we would get clobbered. So I will take your word for it.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

kab407
06-30-2009, 04:38 PM

;)

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Dodie
06-30-2009, 05:02 PM

;)

Ahem...His REAL wife said that, so it must be okay if we DIS wives give her (and him) the thumbs up about it. Right? :thumbsup2

Poor Paul - when he gets online and reads THIS string of posts.

cocowum
06-30-2009, 05:02 PM
http://www.stci.qc.ca/smilies/smilies%20(224).gif

I think if any of us except you would try that, we would get clobbered. So I will take your word for it.:lmao::lmao::lmao:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And he loves the family of bunnies that lives under our shed. But don't tell him I told you about that. ;)

cocowum
06-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Ahem...His REAL wife said that, so it must be okay if we DIS wives give her (and him) the thumbs up about it. Right? :thumbsup2

Poor Paul - when he gets online and reads THIS string of posts.::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

georgemoe
06-30-2009, 05:18 PM
They've started with with tight butt talk and soon the Chippendale photos will be coming out. :headache:

I hope Paul is enjoying his time at the Olympic Gardens. :yay:

Madi100
06-30-2009, 05:26 PM

;)

Alicia, be sure to update Paul's resume to include that information. It might come in handy in getting a job someday!

TheBeadPirate
06-30-2009, 05:27 PM
...(just had to hijack the thread about butts and quarters) :lmao:

Paid off the Oct 09 Wonder Cruise today! It is the one right out of dry dock..
We will get pictures of the new goodies....

Now to start paying off the Dec 09 Wonder Cruise :scared1:

Hey Todd.... Have you heard anything about Podcast Cruise 1.5? :rotfl:
Lori and I will be up your way last 2 weeks of July.... I think it's time for a field trip :banana:

SamIAm21
06-30-2009, 05:32 PM
Whats the over/under on how many threads we will get to by 12-2010? I'm guessing at least 50+?

kab407
06-30-2009, 05:56 PM
They've started with with tight butt talk and soon the Chippendale photos will be coming out. :headache:

His wives would disapprove :(

shellyminnie
06-30-2009, 06:01 PM

;)

cocowum
06-30-2009, 06:08 PM

George, are you trying to get Paul killed? http://www.planet-flipside.com/vboard/images/smilies/tombstone.gif

His wives would disapprove :(

We'd be widows! :sad1:

dpuck1998
06-30-2009, 08:33 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

And he loves the family of bunnies that lives under our shed. But don't tell him I told you about that. ;)

Bunnies hu...I'll have to talk to him about that.

ADP
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Bunnies hu...I'll have to talk to him about that.
Not those kind of bunnies...Not unless he lives near Hugh Heffner's summer home. :rolleyes1

OKW Lover
06-30-2009, 08:47 PM

;)

TMI :eek:

georgemoe
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
George, are you trying to get Paul killed? http://www.planet-flipside.com/vboard/images/smilies/tombstone.gif

:rotfl2:

dpuck1998
06-30-2009, 09:03 PM

I prefer Sapphires. If you are going to go, might as well go to the biggest on the planet.

Dodie
06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Alicia, in the immortal words of "someone," the recent turn of this thread is WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES (and I'm not talking about pictures of the bunnies).

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

cocowum
06-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Alicia, in the immortal words of "someone," the recent turn of this thread is WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES (and I'm not talking about the bunnies).

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

OK Dodie, you asked for it....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I have them but he would kill me if I posted them! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dodie
06-30-2009, 09:29 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I have them but he would kill me if I posted them! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Is Paul aware of our ramblings today? I'm a little concerned, as a good DIS wife. :rolleyes1

cocowum
06-30-2009, 09:30 PM

Is Paul aware of our ramblings today? I'm a little concerned, as a good DIS wife. :rolleyes1

Yep. He knows. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

scarlett873
06-30-2009, 10:18 PM
For the record...I am the best behaved DIS wife...

I WASN'T HERE to get myself in trouble!!

However...had I been here, i'm sure I would have been in some serious trouble...just sayin'...:rolleyes1

BriarRosie
06-30-2009, 10:32 PM
I want to know how I missed the food talk about Chicago, and then I realized it was when Alicia said she could bounce a quarter off of Paul's butt. :laughing:

I :love: you people. :grouphug:

When we make the inevitable DIS 2.0 cruise calendar, how about we make Paul.... Mr. December? :rolleyes1

Tonya2426
06-30-2009, 10:46 PM
When we make the inevitable DIS 2.0 cruise calendar, how about we make Paul.... Mr. December? :rolleyes1

Or Mr. April so he can hold the cute little bunnies under the shed. :love::rolleyes1

ElphabaThropp
06-30-2009, 11:18 PM

;)

MOM!!!! :scared1::scared1::scared1: jeez...:sad2:

A.Mickey
06-30-2009, 11:37 PM
Or Mr. April so he can hold the cute little bunnies under the shed. :love::rolleyes1

Great Idea, Tonya!!! :idea::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-01-2009, 02:00 AM

Jennie - Are they like this at home, too? Do you have enough allowance money for that group therapy from Todd? :thumbsup2

Alicia - Thanks for giving me ideas on how to mess with Zoe and Lily when they get old enough! I look to your wisdom and guidance on Parenting 301 - "How to screw with your child's universe" or "1000 ways to make your child say Mo-ommmmmm!?!?!?!?!"

Becx N Gav
07-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Jennie - Are they like this at home, too? Do you have enough allowance money for that group therapy from Todd? :thumbsup2

Alicia - Thanks for giving me ideas on how to mess with Zoe and Lily when they get old enough! I look to your wisdom and guidance on Parenting 301 - "How to screw with your child's universe" or "1000 ways to make your child say Mo-ommmmmm!?!?!?!?!"

Poor Jennie :hug: and it doesn't stop when you grow up either - my Mum seems especially good at being embarassing even if she isn't trying to :rolleyes:

Oh well, you learn to live with it :thumbsup2

Good morning all - here's to hump day and the downward slope to the weekend :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Becx N Gav
07-01-2009, 03:07 AM
And Happy Canada Day to all those Canadians :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Is it a national holiday?

Becx N Gav
07-01-2009, 05:16 AM
Great to hear y'all finally getting some :sunny: I'm sure you'll need some :drinking1 to cool down. On that note, possibly u can help me out...

My bro sent me some great Disney stuff for my bday this year and I thought I should send him something he loves too for his bday, instead of the usual practical (but nice!) stuff I think he needs. He loves English brew, as he finished his schooling in the UK. I found a great place that will ship beer (bevmo.com and as I live to emulate PW - in the interest of full disclosure, I have no financial relationship...:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Bevmo had lots of variety but as I don't drink beer at all, I had no idea what types to choose for him. So what are the best/most popular microbrews that are made in big enuf batches to be exported? I only know he likes pales and darks :lmao: :lmao:

cheers,

Hi ya,

I will ask DH what he thinks - I'm not the biggest fan of beer. I am sure he will know what is good (as long as he doesn't start wanting to brew his own :rolleyes:) Great idea for a pressie, why is it men are so hard to get stuff for :confused3

I never know what to get for my brother - although last week a passport would have been very handy :rotfl: He flew in last Thurs from Washington DC (he lives in CA but was at a wedding) and had all sorts of trouble trying to get on the plane as his dog had eaten his passport :scared1: eventually the airline called immigration over here and they said it would be ok! He was fine getting into this country but had to get a new passport, he got an appointment in London for 8am the next day :scared: He had to come to my Mums house (we live about an hour and 20 mins by train from London) get this monster form filled out - including a referee who has knwon him for 5+ years (not easy) and then get back into central London for 8am! He ended up catching a 4.30am train and getting there ok - he also had to get the tube across London during rush hour :sad2: He was very lucky as they said they could expidite it that day and told him to come back in a few hours (he first thought he would have to wait until this week and may have had to change his flight). Silly boy - I hope he has learnt his lesson and will keep it safe from now on :laughing:

tlcoke
07-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone!
Happy Canada Day to our Canadian Friends!

Getting ready to go out for my morning walk. It is a very nice 66 degrees outside this morning with low humidity. Rain is creeping back into our forecast, but it's been a nice couple of days of seeing the Big Orange Ball up in the sky.

experiment_627
07-01-2009, 06:06 AM
Morning!!

All the chatter yesterday was fab. Kept me :lmao: all afternoon/evening.

Today, I am moving to the other side of the building at work. I don't mind where I am going or anything, I just don't want to have to move and rearrange my stuff. The new cubage doesn't have nearly enough shelving for me, so I am going to have to get creative, and I am not sure I have time for that. :laughing:

The good news is that we don't see clients today, it is casual day, my Dad is taking me out to lunch, AND it is chat night!! :woohoo:

Have a great hump day! Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors!

safetymom
07-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Good morning everyone! One more day till my son and his wife come for a visit. :)

cocowum
07-01-2009, 07:03 AM
Good morning cruisers. :goodvibes

kymickeyfan717
07-01-2009, 07:16 AM
Just wanted to wish everyone a good morning and welcome to July....

OKW Lover
07-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Good morning everybody. Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors.

We're off to the Contemporary this morning for a DVC member preview of BLT.

jeanigor
07-01-2009, 07:28 AM
Good morning everybody. Happy Canada Day to our northern neighbors.

We're off to the Contemporary this morning for a DVC member preview of BLT.

Very exciting! Looking forward to hearing what you think of it.

Happy Canada Day to my family and neighbours across the river! (Can't say to the North, because Windsor is south of Detroit.) Enjoy the holiday, I hope the rain doesn't fall to interfere with your plans.

kab407
07-01-2009, 07:35 AM

DARN!! And here I was hoping to have something to enjoy my coffee with!

kab407
07-01-2009, 07:39 AM

Jennie, your Mom will continue to embarass you, no matter what your age is. Right Jen?

It is something allowed once they get their MOM Card.

OKW Lover
07-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Jennie, your Mom will continue to embarass you, no matter what your age is. Right Jen?

Sounds like the voice of experience talking. :3dglasses

Jennie - listen to Kathy, she knows!

kab407
07-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Sounds like the voice of experience talking. :3dglasses

Jennie - listen to Kathy, she knows!

Yea, I do Jeff. Ann pulled one out of her bag on the cruise. Poor Jen. I thought she was going to have to pick me up off the floor when she told me about the conversation she and my Mother had. :scared1:

Things a daughter should never have to hear!

jeanigor
07-01-2009, 07:47 AM

Hmmm.....I wonder what she's told you about us:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

kab407
07-01-2009, 07:50 AM

lalalalalalalalalalalalala
I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

jeanigor
07-01-2009, 08:00 AM
So somebody must have given the boss some sour grapes this morning. Our office will maintain normal hours on Friday and Monday. Not too big of a deal, most of our vendors and customers are closing their offices, so it'll be a catch up day.....hmmm..about that FE Primer.....

kab407
07-01-2009, 08:02 AM
So somebody must have given the boss some sour grapes this morning. Our office will maintain normal hours on Friday and Monday. Not too big of a deal, most of our vendors and customers are closing their offices, so it'll be a catch up day.....hmmm..about that FE Primer.....

Kinda bites Todd. Heck, even I'm off on Friday.

jeanigor
07-01-2009, 08:17 AM
Kinda bites Todd. Heck, even I'm off on Friday.

Just think of me as you all are sleeping in on Friday morning.

klam_chowder
07-01-2009, 08:21 AM
Happy July folks! :wave2:

And Happy Canada Day hosers, eh? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :cake:

Hi ya,
I will ask DH what he thinks

Silly boy - I hope he has learnt his lesson and will keep it safe from now on :laughing:

Thx Becky! Your bro's fiasco was worse than a Roadblock on The Amazing Race :rotfl: :rotfl: Glad it all worked out for him. Hope you had a great visit too.

That's it for me on the boards this wk. We're planning to head to Lake Placid for an extended long weekend even tho the forecast includes, "Occasional showers and thunderstorms until midnight...some with heavy downpours...then scattered showers after midnight." :scared1: :scared: Did I mention we're camping? :lmao: :lmao: :sad2:

Happy July 4th in a couple of days! :yay:

cheers,

georgemoe
07-01-2009, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave2:

Sorry to hear about the pussboss and the Mon/Fri situation Todd. :hug:

While I have Friday off and was planning a trip with siblings to ME, I may not be due to FRICKEN POISON IVY. :mad: If it doesn't get any worse I'll still go but I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

aGoofyMom
07-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Good Morning all! What is it about a holiday that makes children feel the need to get up early???? Siri was up before 6. UGH.

I can't possibly catch up on all that I have missed, but my crazy June is finally officially over! I have mostly caught up on my lack of sleep so I am hoping to check in over here more. I may even make it to chat tonight if the fireworks are rained out. It's not looking good for that.

georgemoe
07-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Oops. Almost forgot!

John, Katherine, Donna, Carl, and others.

http://randsco.com/_img/blog/0707/CanadaDay.jpg

aGoofyMom
07-01-2009, 08:46 AM
love all the Canada Day wishes

Todd - that stinks about Fri/Mon...I would be at work today but I am vacation.

ADP
07-01-2009, 08:47 AM
Good morning all! Happy July to all of you! Long weekend ahead! Woo! :cool1:

DVCsince02
07-01-2009, 08:48 AM

:rolleyes1

Yea, I do Jeff. Ann pulled one out of her bag on the cruise. Poor Jen. I thought she was going to have to pick me up off the floor when she told me about the conversation she and my Mother had. :scared1:

Things a daughter should never have to hear!

:lmao:

lalalalalalalalalalalalala
I'm not listening I'm not listening I'm not listening

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

HE SAID -- I wonder what she's told you about us.

Just think of me as you all are sleeping in on Friday morning.

We'll be driving to the beach house, so no sleeping in for us.
:drive:

Dodie
07-01-2009, 08:49 AM
Good morning everyone. I promise to be a good girl today here today. I was uncharacteristically naughty yesterday and fear that I am now not on my DIS hubby's good list anymore. :sad1: His Facebook page seems to have been cleaned of any and all references to yesterday's "incidents." :)

Today is my last full day of work this week. I'm going to work from home tomorrow morning and then will be off until Monday. Hooray!!!!

Can't wait for chat tonight!

kab407
07-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Good morning everyone. I promise to be a good girl today here today. I was uncharacteristically naughty yesterday and fear that I am now not on my DIS hubby's good list anymore. :sad1: His Facebook page seems to have been cleaned of any and all references to yesterday's "incidents." :)

Today is my last full day of work this week. I'm going to work from home tomorrow morning and then will be off until Monday. Hooray!!!!

Yea. Right.

I don't believe it for a moment.

You, good?

We're too much alike.

You'll be a newborn by 10am.

(Like the Twilight reference?) :lmao::lmao:

Morning BFF!

georgemoe
07-01-2009, 08:55 AM

Hope you and Phillip enjoy the time off Dodie. :goodvibes

shellyminnie
07-01-2009, 08:59 AM
Yea. Right.

I don't believe it for a moment.

You, good?

We're too much alike.

You'll be a newborn by 10am.

(Like the Twilight reference?) :lmao::lmao:

Morning BFF!

Look at you with the Twilight reference. I love it!! :worship:

kab407
07-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Look at you with the Twilight reference. I love it!! :worship:

Thanks Shelly!

OK, I have some HR stuff to take care of. Catch you at lunch.

Dodie
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
OK, I have some HR stuff to take care of. Catch you at lunch.

Lucky you, getting to deal with pharma HR folks. They are the WORST, aren't they?;)

sshaw10060
07-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Good Morning All!

Todat is my last full day of work as well. It also marks the one-year mark before our departure to Europe for some time in London prior to our cruise.

I get to spend the day reviewing one of our residents manuscripts before it is submitted for publication. Imagine a 20 page book report with poor grammer that makes no sense in parts and it is your job to make it right. Lots of fun!

Time to buckle down for the day.

- Scott

katscradle
07-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave2:

Sorry to hear about the pussboss and the Mon/Fri situation Todd. :hug:

While I have Friday off and was planning a trip with siblings to ME, I may not be due to FRICKEN POISON IVY. :mad: If it doesn't get any worse I'll still go but I'll have to wait and see what tomorrow brings.

Oops. Almost forgot!

John, Katherine, Donna, Carl, and others.

http://randsco.com/_img/blog/0707/CanadaDay.jpg

I must have missed something, George I didn't know you had poison ivy. :eek:
Hopefully it clears soon!
Thanks for the well wishes on our holiday. :thumbsup2
I took the opportunity to sleep in this morning.
That is until the boy's put on Disney's dance dance revelution at full volume.
I am up but my eyes are still a little blurry, will be back.
Need to go wash my face..

dpuck1998
07-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Good morning all! Happy July to all of you! Long weekend ahead! Woo! :cool1:

Got any big plans?

ADP
07-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Got any big plans?
Yea...We're driving a country mile to some place up north for a camping trip. I hear we are making Smores with chocolate cake and washing it down with red wine. Should be interesting. :rolleyes1

dpuck1998
07-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Yea...We're driving a country mile to some place up north for a camping trip. I hear we are making Smores with chocolate cake and washing it down with red wine. Should be interesting. :rolleyes1

Wow, could make for some interesting evenings. What wine goes with Smores? Perhaps a nice Chianti?

mla1977
07-01-2009, 10:48 AM
Wow, could make for some interesting evenings. What wine goes with Smores? Perhaps a nice Chianti?

I'm thinking a Cabernet since that is my favorite with chocolate.

tickledtink33
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM

Rosa Regale goes excellent with anything chocolate.

Or so I've heard. :rolleyes1

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-01-2009, 11:46 AM
I will ask DH what he thinks - I'm not the biggest fan of beer. I am sure he will know what is good (as long as he doesn't start wanting to brew his own :rolleyes:)

Becx - if that happens - run for the hills!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

My ex was a homebrewer - Hops stink the house up something fierce and then they occasionally feel obliged to make you drink the flopped batches! To his defense,though, he made some pretty great beer....

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Well - if you guys will have me, I'm going to try to start hanging with y'all on this thread. I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to keep up, based on my lack of board time lately, but I think it'll be a great way to get to know y'all better.

Happy Wednesday/Canada Day/Chat Day

I'm going to try to make it home to chat at a decent hour, unless the telemetry ward on the 6th floor has something to say about it for the 3rd day in a row....

jeanigor
07-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Well - if you guys will have me, I'm going to try to start hanging with y'all on this thread. I'm not so sure I'm going to be able to keep up, based on my lack of board time lately, but I think it'll be a great way to get to know y'all better.

Happy Wednesday/Canada Day/Chat Day

I'm going to try to make it home to chat at a decent hour, unless the telemetry ward on the 6th floor has something to say about it for the 3rd day in a row....

Those of us who go to the telemetry floor appreciate the work you all put in for us.

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-01-2009, 11:53 AM
If you want to be bold - try a bottle of Grenache with chocolate. It falls somewhere between a Cab and a Merlot.

kab407
07-01-2009, 11:59 AM

Nancy, realize that one of the hazards of hanging with this crew is that you may become someone's DIS wife. :rotfl:

tiggerbell
07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
If you want to be bold - try a bottle of Grenache with chocolate. It falls somewhere between a Cab and a Merlot.

Oh, help! She's talking wine again! :lmao:

Hi Nancy! :yay:

cocowum
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM

It wasn't him Dodie. Something is wrong with his page.:confused3

MenashaCorp
07-01-2009, 12:30 PM

;)

Um.... So many ways to go with this one... :lmao:

If I bounce a quarter, do I get back two dimes and a nickel?
popcorn::

...with some fava beans...(insert Hannibal Lecter noise) :eek:

I'm thinking S'Merlot.

Rosa Regale goes excellent with anything chocolate.

Or so I've heard. :rolleyes1

Or anything NOT chocolate, too...:thumbsup2

SamIAm21
07-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Hey everyone! Just trying to crack the code here and join in! :yay:

shellyminnie
07-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Um.... So many ways to go with this one... :lmao:

If I bounce a quarter, do I get back two dimes and a nickel?
popcorn::

OMG!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Can't . . . breathe!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

maroo
07-01-2009, 12:48 PM

This sounds GREAT! Yum!

Nancy, realize that one of the hazards of hanging with this crew is that you may become someone's DIS wife. :rotfl:

:confused3

L.E. Ott
07-01-2009, 12:58 PM
There's a Blackberry wine made by a regional Winery here that goes great with anything chocolate. It also does a pretty good job reducing it down and putting it over vanilla ice cream!!

http://www.tnvalleywine.com/fruitwines.htm

Madi100
07-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Happy July everyone!!! Madi has soccer try-outs today, and then we are done with soccer for a month! A whole month!

We have an offer on our house. I haven't seen it yet, but there is one. They are writing it up today. Now, to collect cardboard boxes in which to live.

ADP
07-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Happy July everyone!!! Madi has soccer try-outs today, and then we are done with soccer for a month! A whole month!

We have an offer on our house. I haven't seen it yet, but there is one. They are writing it up today. Now, to collect cardboard boxes in which to live.
Best of luck to Madi! :banana:

I hope the offer works out Nicole! Best of luck to you guys! pixiedust:

DVCsince02
07-01-2009, 01:39 PM

Good luck to everyone!

firsttimemom
07-01-2009, 01:40 PM

WOW! I hope it's a great offer. Have you at least been out to look at houses?

We have yet to hear when placements for FH are (they were the 3rd week of July last year). It would be nice to have the dates bcs we're trying to get away to Western MD for a few days this summer before sports practices start in August. But in the meantime she has summer league games 2x a week. Good thing the weather has been decent so far this summer.

Disneybridein2k3
07-01-2009, 02:38 PM
Awesome news Nicole - good luck!

Madi100
07-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's gotta be a great offer, because we won't settle for anything else. We don't have to sell. So, we're in a good position. In fact, I'm not sure why we are selling, but that's why I'm the lady of the house and not man :)

calypso*a*go-go
07-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. It's gotta be a great offer, because we won't settle for anything else. We don't have to sell. So, we're in a good position. In fact, I'm not sure why we are selling, but that's why I'm the lady of the house and not man :)

Got the fingers and toes crossed for ya Nicole! :thumbsup2

cocowum
07-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Good luck Nicole! :goodvibes

georgemoe
07-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Good luck on the house dealing Nicole. :goodvibes

kab407
07-01-2009, 05:08 PM

As Bawb would recommend, Banana boxes!

Good Luck Nicole!

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-01-2009, 05:34 PM

Me - I'm not causing any trouble. In fact, I'm spa clean!!!!!! (that segment will eventually air, you know.):rolleyes1

ADP
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm headed to chat! Anyone else? :surfweb:

katscradle
07-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Anyone here?

BeamsofLight
07-02-2009, 12:06 AM
Me! I'm lurking (as usual) from work. :flower3:

katscradle
07-02-2009, 12:08 AM
Hi!

Nicole good luck with the offer, I hope it's a good one.

katscradle
07-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Me! I'm lurking (as usual) from work. :flower3:

They closed chat on me

BeamsofLight
07-02-2009, 12:14 AM
D'oh. I think it closes automatically after a while (at least, I think it used to..). I forgot all about chat again. :headache:

You're up late!

katscradle
07-02-2009, 02:55 AM
I just wanted to be the first to say
Good Morning!
This will probably be the one and only time that I will be the first.
Now I am off for a couple of hours of shut eye.
I have a 40 minute drive first thing tomorrow morning for a 9 am dr.'s appointment. :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
07-02-2009, 03:03 AM
Becx - if that happens - run for the hills!!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

My ex was a homebrewer - Hops stink the house up something fierce and then they occasionally feel obliged to make you drink the flopped batches! To his defense,though, he made some pretty great beer....

Thanks for that! I visited a brewery for one of my university classes and the smell was awful :scared: I think if he did try to do some home brew a lot of it would be used to kill the slugs in the garden - luckily? we have a lot of slugs :rotfl:

...with some fava beans...(insert Hannibal Lecter noise) :eek:

I'm thinking S'Merlot.

:lmao:

Good luck Nicole, I hope it goes smoothly. At least you are in a good position :goodvibes

Becx N Gav
07-02-2009, 03:06 AM
Morning all, DH checked the temperature last night and said we had it warmer than Florida :confused3 It was warm but I can't believe we had it hotter!

On my calendar today I've got the Great Mouse Detective which was apparently released on July 2nd 1986 :eek: how the time flies ;)

experiment_627
07-02-2009, 05:45 AM
Mornin' :wave2:

Nicole - Good luck with the house!

Kat - I hope your appt goes well!

George - I hope you are better enough to make your trip to Maine!

I am sure I am forgetting something/someone, but I am not awake enough yet to go back and see. :surfweb:

Have a great day everyone! And for those of us who are off tomorrow...:woohoo:! (Sorry Todd :hug:)

tlcoke
07-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Thursday and Start of the long holiday weekend for most, I hope. I am getting ready to head out for my morning walk. Looks like we are going to have a nice Spring like day today.

Becx N Gav
07-02-2009, 07:11 AM
Have a great day everyone! And for those of us who are off tomorrow...:woohoo:! (Sorry Todd :hug:)

We don't get tomorrow off either :sad2: next public holiday is in August :scared1: I think there sould be one each week - oh how I would love a 3 day weekend :cloud9:

Launchpad11B
07-02-2009, 07:31 AM
Mornin' peeps. Travel day today. Veges to St. Louis & St. Louis to Albany. Have a great day! :goodvibes

kymickeyfan717
07-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Morn' all . Hope all have a good day (and a good long weekend for those off tomorrow - like me..:))

kab407
07-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Mornin' peeps. Travel day today. Veges to St. Louis & St. Louis to Albany. Have a great day! :goodvibes

Have a safe trip home Paul!

For the record, I think St. Louis is the worst airport I have been in.

jeanigor
07-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Morning everyone! Did I miss anything fun in chat?

Renysmom
07-02-2009, 08:21 AM
Good morning all... Gonna head out and get some exercise while I wait for Brian and Kailynn to decide to wake up then we are heading downtown to explore the city and hang out at the rapids. It's a sunny warm day so it should all be good. Have a great day!

shellyminnie
07-02-2009, 08:51 AM
Morning!! Power went out while in chat last night and I was stuck with no air conditioning and no computer!! Luckily it was only out about an hour otherwise it would have been a looooooooooong miserable night :scared:

Have a safe trip home Paul!! :goodvibes

sshaw10060
07-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Morning all. I can't believe the rain we had last night. All the roads are flooded. My usual 25 minute drive took over an hour. At least it looks like it is supposed to clear up for the weekend.

We're going to start our holiday off by going to the drive-in to see "Up" tonight. Should be fun.

ADP
07-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Morning Peeps :wave:

I got my first DIS Wife in chat last night. I'm rollin' now! :)

Safe travels!

Morn' all . Hope all have a good day (and a good long weekend for those off tomorrow - like me..:))
Happy long weekend! :banana:

shellyminnie
07-02-2009, 09:09 AM

I like St Louis' airport. I always make sure to grab California Pizza Kitchen to eat on the plane. Yummm.

tiggerbell
07-02-2009, 09:11 AM

Who's the lucky lady?

dpuck1998
07-02-2009, 09:12 AM

Pimp'en! It ain't easy but it sure is fun!

shellyminnie
07-02-2009, 09:16 AM

I totally missed this!! :headache: Stupid power outage!!

georgemoe
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone!

Mornin' :wave2:

George - I hope you are better enough to make your trip to Maine!

Thanks Candy. I still have a few hours to make a decision. Still up in the air.

Good morning. Travel safe!

Morning all. I can't believe the rain we had last night. All the roads are flooded. My usual 25 minute drive took over an hour. At least it looks like it is supposed to clear up for the weekend.

We're going to start our holiday off by going to the drive-in to see "Up" tonight. Should be fun.

I've had it with this rain! :mad: Luckily I'm working home office today so don't need to deal with the commute issues. Enjoy UP! :)

kab407
07-02-2009, 09:35 AM

Who is the lucky lady?

aGoofyMom
07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Mornin' all!

Nicole - how did Madi do? and good luck with the house stuff.

Kat - have a good drive (did you get the Santa Fe or something else?) and a good apointment

Nancy - good to see you here!

I woke up to hear on the morning news that my dinner last night was recalled - possible E coli. So far, so good.

I missed out on fireworks last night - at least seeing them - we figured it was soggy and not really worth it. We have some lovely neighbours who decided the middle of their street was a good place to light them off. :sad2: Really people...NOT SAFE! I did mention to DH that I think our long stay at the Poly with the MK view seems to have spoiled me for watching local fireworks. :rolleyes1

I confess to skipping chat so I could FINALLY sort through some pictures and post them to various places. I was running out of memory cards.

I am on vacation until next Thursday still...running errands today. DD wants to bake cookies.

have a great day all - and for those getting away for your long weekend - have a great one!

ADP
07-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Pimp'en! It ain't easy but it sure is fun!
Pimp'en is the only way to go!

Was there a storm that rolled through?

Who is the lucky lady?
Here's a hint....She's smart enough to know that "Cake Rules"!

shellyminnie
07-02-2009, 10:20 AM

Was there a storm that rolled through?

No, no storm. I'm not sure what happened. Only half the street was out, it just happened to be our half. I was not happy!! :headache:

Ah . .. she's just collecting husbands right and left isn't she!! :rotfl2:

ADP
07-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Ah . .. she's just collecting wives right and left isn't she!! :rotfl2:
Hmmm...Not sure if that was a "smack" on me, Jen, or both. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

shellyminnie
07-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Hmmm...Not sure if that was a "smack" on me, Jen, or both. :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Sorry!!! I meant husbands!!! I fixed it :)

guynwdm
07-02-2009, 10:26 AM

Good luck, Hope it is right on with your asking price, will you still be in the same school??

ADP
07-02-2009, 10:29 AM
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Sorry!!! I meant husbands!!! I fixed it :)

kab407
07-02-2009, 10:34 AM

All's fair in the game of DIS Polygamy!

MenashaCorp
07-02-2009, 12:00 PM

ALL is fair?? Hmmmm... http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/MenashaCorp/crafty.gif

kab407
07-02-2009, 12:23 PM
ALL is fair?? Hmmmm... http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/MenashaCorp/crafty.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

DVCsince02
07-02-2009, 01:02 PM

Happy long weekend! :banana:

Hi Dear....:lovestruc

Who's the lucky lady?

Who is the lucky lady?

:rolleyes1

:teacher:

:rolleyes:

Don't you worry, I've got my eyes on you too. But Jorge is next......:angel:

jeanigor
07-02-2009, 01:06 PM

Soon copy repair woman music is going to start playing when you enter the room....just sayin'

kab407
07-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Soon copy repair woman music is going to start playing when you enter the room....just sayin'

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

DVCsince02
07-02-2009, 01:09 PM

As long as the music makes me want to :dancer:!

shellyminnie
07-02-2009, 01:11 PM

I'm going to have to go back and try to find that voice mail. I don't remember every hearing it.

firsttimemom
07-02-2009, 02:37 PM

Same here- our power was on but we lost our FIOS signal for the phone and internet (cable was oddly still working).

jeanigor
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM
The internetz is out right now at home. DP called in a panic. Good thing his iPhone can connect from anywhere (or so it seems). Hopefully it will be up and fine for the weekend. =)

firsttimemom
07-02-2009, 02:39 PM

Have you been to Kennedy? blech! Dulles is another one I canNOT stand.

kab407
07-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Have you been to Kennedy? blech! Dulles is another one I canNOT stand.

I go thru Kennedy very rarely. When I do, it's JetBlue, so it's no so bad. I haven't been thru Dulles in years.

I was thru Detroit and STL last week. I found STL very dark and dingy and with poor food choices. Detroit on the other hand, was really really nice.

dpuck1998
07-02-2009, 02:52 PM

I'm going to have to go back and try to find that voice mail. I don't remember every hearing it.

You aren't missing much

Alice2020
07-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have been a bit of a lurker on the boards since early 2008 when I began planning a dream trip to WDW for my Daughter's birthday. I have made the decision to surprise my family with the podcast cruise 2.0. :cheer2::cheer2:

Now comes the hard part- I don't want to be a lurker any more. However, I have always been a little shy about making new friends. So here goes... My best friends are all unique, creative, and sarcastic (hmmmm.... wonder why I love the Dis so much). I am looking for people who share my love for WDW and have a warped sense of humor (like mine). Other pertinent info about me: Married, 2 kids (DD 9 and DS 5), I work in a psych hospital determining if patients meet criteria for inpatient treatment (I did warn you that my sense of humor is warped, right?). I am an Alice in Wonderland FREEEEEAK and I have made a hobby out of planning trips to WDW.

I hope that I can get to know my fellow cruisers better so that I can go on my first cruise with friends AND my family.

-Kelly:flower3:

georgemoe
07-02-2009, 03:19 PM

http://www.measureformeasure.co.uk/admin/uploads/images/%7BE5C67E85-D440-4F06-B9A4-A340651A35D4%7D_Mariachi.jpg

georgemoe
07-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Same here- our power was on but we lost our FIOS signal for the phone and internet (cable was oddly still working).

The internetz is out right now at home. DP called in a panic. Good thing his iPhone can connect from anywhere (or so it seems). Hopefully it will be up and fine for the weekend. =)

With all the storms coming through today my DSL has been in out multiple times today. :mad: It's working fine right now though. :woohoo:

kab407
07-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Hello Everyone!
I work in a psych hospital determining if patients meet criteria for inpatient treatment (I did warn you that my sense of humor is warped, right?).

Welcome Kelly.:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I have no doubt you'll fit in with this group just fine. :lmao::lmao:

tickledtink33
07-02-2009, 03:33 PM
Hello Everyone!

I have been a bit of a lurker on the boards since early 2008 when I began planning a dream trip to WDW for my Daughter's birthday. I have made the decision to surprise my family with the podcast cruise 2.0. :cheer2::cheer2:

Now comes the hard part- I don't want to be a lurker any more. However, I have always been a little shy about making new friends. So here goes... My best friends are all unique, creative, and sarcastic (hmmmm.... wonder why I love the Dis so much). I am looking for people who share my love for WDW and have a warped sense of humor (like mine). Other pertinent info about me: Married, 2 kids (DD 9 and DS 5), I work in a psych hospital determining if patients meet criteria for inpatient treatment (I did warn you that my sense of humor is warped, right?). I am an Alice in Wonderland FREEEEEAK and I have made a hobby out of planning trips to WDW.

I hope that I can get to know my fellow cruisers better so that I can go on my first cruise with friends AND my family.

WELCOME!

It sounds like you will fit right in. :)

Alice2020
07-02-2009, 03:47 PM
Thanks for the Welcome! :goodvibes

I am already scoping out the shore excursions. This is going to be so hard to keep secret from my family!

-Kelly

DVCsince02
07-02-2009, 05:30 PM
http://www.measureformeasure.co.uk/admin/uploads/images/%7BE5C67E85-D440-4F06-B9A4-A340651A35D4%7D_Mariachi.jpg

Nice maracas! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/evilgrin/evilgrin0039.gif

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-02-2009, 05:31 PM

I was thru Detroit and STL last week. I found STL very dark and dingy and with poor food choices. Detroit on the other hand, was really really nice.

Kathy

I used to be a corporate business traveler, based out of St. Louis. I completely agree with you about STL airport. I never ate there. Ever. And I spent a good several hours a week there! Don't even get me started on the entire vacant terminal. Sad really. In it's hey day with TWA and Southwest hubs there, it just was a thriving place. I just hated how far I had to run for my flight gates. Poor design.

Madi100
07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
Good evening all! Stressful day here. We sold our house. It took two weeks. That's a great thing. However, we didn't think it would sell that quick, and we have no place to go, except Don's basement :( I think we have decided to rent until we know for sure what we want to do when we grown up. We looked at a house today that made me want to throw up. We looked at a townhouse also, and it's not too bad. Nice, but small. Like if I fell out of bed I could eat Cheerios :)

Tonya2426
07-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Good evening all! Stressful day here. We sold our house. It took two weeks. That's a great thing. However, we didn't think it would sell that quick, and we have no place to go, except Don's basement :( I think we have decided to rent until we know for sure what we want to do when we grown up. We looked at a house today that made me want to throw up. We looked at a townhouse also, and it's not too bad. Nice, but small. Like if I fell out of bed I could eat Cheerios :)

Congrats on selling the house so quickly!!! I've been looking to buy a new house and it isn't easy - so far I am like Goldilocks, nothing is quite right. :confused3

kimisabella
07-02-2009, 06:47 PM

Congrats Nicole - that is great news!!! We had to live w/my parents for almost 3 months while between houses, it wasn't easy, but necessary... I hope you guys find something you love!

cocowum
07-02-2009, 07:04 PM
Nice maracas! http://www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/evilgrin/evilgrin0039.gif

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

shellyminnie
07-02-2009, 08:09 PM

Congrats on selling the house Nicole!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Launchpad11B
07-02-2009, 08:43 PM

Congrats Nicole. :thumbsup2

firsttimemom
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM

Everything happens for a reason! Now when the *right* house comes up, you can pounce on it.

If Don's basement doesn't work out, you can always come here but it will be a bit of a commute for James. Patrick and Lindsay would be happy :-)

UrsulasShadow
07-02-2009, 08:44 PM

Ummm, no, sorry, you don't have time to get another wife....I keep my cabana boys MUCH too busy for that frivolity...:snooty:

Launchpad11B
07-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Ummm, no, sorry, you don't have time to get another wife....I keep my cabana boys MUCH too busy for that frivolity...:snooty:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: You tell him Mindy!

UrsulasShadow
07-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the Welcome! :goodvibes

I am already scoping out the shore excursions. This is going to be so hard to keep secret from my family!

-Kelly

Back to Nature Segway tour in Nassau, Parasailing on Castaway Cay.

Madi100
07-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Congrats on selling the house so quickly!!! I've been looking to buy a new house and it isn't easy - so far I am like Goldilocks, nothing is quite right. :confused3

Congrats Nicole - that is great news!!! We had to live w/my parents for almost 3 months while between houses, it wasn't easy, but necessary... I hope you guys find something you love!

Congrats on selling the house Nicole!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Congrats Nicole. :thumbsup2

Everything happens for a reason! Now when the *right* house comes up, you can pounce on it.

If Don's basement doesn't work out, you can always come here but it will be a bit of a commute for James. Patrick and Lindsay would be happy :-)

Thanks! Here's our problem. We don't know that we want to stay in this community. Our realtor told us it should take awhile to sell our house. Well, it didn't. So, we thought we'd have a few months to decide, we don't. Here are our two choices:

1. Rent. We rent something for six months of so. Then we may either be in a situation where a new job has come open OR, we'll decide to stay put and then buy a house locally. If we rent, we don't have to worry about selling a house should we move.

2. Buy a house. With our luck, we'd buy a house and then have to move two months later. But, with buying a house, I could buy the house I want and be moving upwards instead of going backwards with a rental (smaller).

I just don't know what to do!

Alice2020
07-03-2009, 12:48 AM
Back to Nature Segway tour in Nassau, Parasailing on Castaway Cay.

Have you done both? My kids are a little on the chicken-side, so I don't see parasailing as an option (I have told my daughter many, many times about how beautiful and relaxing parasailing can be- she doesn't buy it!).

Do you do excursions as a group or do you split up?

safetymom
07-03-2009, 05:42 AM
Good morning everyone!!! Happy July 3rd.

Becx N Gav
07-03-2009, 06:09 AM
Morning all! Hope everyone is still in bed having a nice day off :thumbsup2

Have you done both? My kids are a little on the chicken-side, so I don't see parasailing as an option (I have told my daughter many, many times about how beautiful and relaxing parasailing can be- she doesn't buy it!).

Do you do excursions as a group or do you split up?

Welcome to the madness! You'll fit in just fine, everyone is so different but we all have Disney in common (which is such a refreshing change for me comppared to people at home)

I can't comment on the excursions from experience - there is a thread where people have commented on the good and bad points http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2214945

There was a group parasail - we watched it for a while from the ship before we had brunch. Looked like a lot of fun, not sure if I could get DH to go up.

katscradle
07-03-2009, 06:17 AM
Good morning guys!
I am up, but not sure for how long.
It was a late night, working on the taxes.
I think I an ready to call the account, just I more look through and hopefully then they will be gone. :)
However I am happy knowing that in 149 days I will be in WDW!:yay::yay:

Becx N Gav
07-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Good morning guys!
I am up, but not sure for how long.
It was a late night, working on the taxes.
I think I an ready to call the account, just I more look through and hopefully then they will be gone. :)
However I am happy knowing that in 149 days I will be in WDW!:yay::yay:

Morning! Mmmmm - taxes - sounds like so much fun :sad2:

Mouse Skywalker
07-03-2009, 07:35 AM
Good Morning Friends. I'm enjoying a non-rushed morning today.

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 07:41 AM
Good Morning, from my desk at work. :yawn:
75% of the office took a vacation day today. DAP is more important than having today off.
I think I will use today to do some housecleaning. Re-clear off my desk. Wash the windows. Dance around to DIS Radio.:goodvibes

Congrats on the house, Nicole. If I were in your position, I would probably rent short term if there isn't a house that you fall in love with. Especially if there is the possibility of moving relatively soon.

Welcome back, Paul. I can assume that you kept things under control in Vegas, as there wasn't anything on the news.

katscradle
07-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Mornin' all!

Nicole - how did Madi do? and good luck with the house stuff.

Kat - have a good drive (did you get the Santa Fe or something else?) and a good apointment

Nancy - good to see you here!

I woke up to hear on the morning news that my dinner last night was recalled - possible E coli. So far, so good.

I missed out on fireworks last night - at least seeing them - we figured it was soggy and not really worth it. We have some lovely neighbours who decided the middle of their street was a good place to light them off. :sad2: Really people...NOT SAFE! I did mention to DH that I think our long stay at the Poly with the MK view seems to have spoiled me for watching local fireworks. :rolleyes1

I confess to skipping chat so I could FINALLY sort through some pictures and post them to various places. I was running out of memory cards.

I am on vacation until next Thursday still...running errands today. DD wants to bake cookies.

have a great day all - and for those getting away for your long weekend - have a great one!

The appt. was good.
We are getting the Santa Fe, but will have to wait a bit for the colour we want. :)
Sorry about your dinner, hope all goes well with that for you.
We had the same thing happen here the drunks across the street decide the sidewalk and road were a good place to light off fireworks. Some people :rolleyes1:rolleyes1
Have fun with the rest of your vacation time, and good luck with the cookies. :thumbsup2

katscradle
07-03-2009, 07:56 AM
Hello Everyone!

Welcome!! :welcome::welcome:

I see by the info you gave that you will fit in just perfect around here. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

dpuck1998
07-03-2009, 07:57 AM

Morning Dave, same here. Watching some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and thinking about mowing the lawn.

katscradle
07-03-2009, 07:58 AM

Congrats on selling your house. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:
Hopefully you will find your dream home now! :thumbsup2

tlcoke
07-03-2009, 08:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy 3rd of July! I am just back from my morning walk, now off to enjoy my day off from work.

Renysmom
07-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Greetings all... Brian and Kailynn are still visiting so I am sure we will be off doing something fun and crazy. We have so much fun when they come down. I got to beat them in Wii Bowling last night, it was great :lmao: :lmao:

Have a great Friday

tlcoke
07-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Hello Everyone!

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Welcome Kelly!
Jump right in and join the fun! Don't be afraid to ask questions, as some one here will know the answer to your question or where to refer you to get your answer.

katscradle
07-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Nicole I would say rent until you find out about the job situation. :)

Todd considering you are one of the few that is not getting a long weekend, I say enjoy your day! :thumbsup2

Taxes, we got behind a couple of years ago when John's father passed away.
His taxes, multiple years and estate.
Which put us behind not by much only one year.
However since we are both self employed the paperwork is a nightmare. :scared1:
However we have come up with a new filing system which should help us get a handle on this for future. :thumbsup2
The funny part about this is that the government is probably going to owe us.:yay::yay:
Not much but that fine as long as we don't have to pay them. :banana:

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 08:17 AM
Nicole I would say rent until you find out about the job situation. :)

Todd considering you are one of the few that is not getting a long weekend, I say enjoy your day! :thumbsup2

Taxes, we got behind a couple of years ago when John's father passed away.
His taxes, multiple years and estate.
Which put us behind not by much only one year.
However since we are both self employed the paperwork is a nightmare. :scared1:
However we have come up with a new filing system which should help us get a handle on this for future. :thumbsup2
The funny part about this is that the government is probably going to owe us.:yay::yay:
Not much but that fine as long as we don't have to pay them. :banana:

Thank you, I shall try.

And it's nice when you get money back. Not a win fall, because then you gave them way too much in the first place. But a nice check is ALWAYS better than writing one to them.:goodvibes

Launchpad11B
07-03-2009, 08:22 AM
Welcome back, Paul. I can assume that you kept things under control in Vegas, as there wasn't anything on the news.

Thanks Todd. Yes, Vegas is still standing. pirate:

Launchpad11B
07-03-2009, 08:24 AM

Morning Dave, same here. Watching some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and thinking about mowing the lawn.

Mornin' fellas! Any big plans for today?

dpuck1998
07-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Mornin' fellas! Any big plans for today?

Some strange guy from Indy will be here today, so I have to show him a good time. Need to mow and clean up so I can impress him. Guess I'll have to shower or something too....seems like I just did that last week.

katscradle
07-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Thank you, I shall try.

And it's nice when you get money back. Not a win fall, because then you gave them way too much in the first place. But a nice check is ALWAYS better than writing one to them.:goodvibes

If we do get lucky and get some money back I will be forwarding all proceeds to DU for our trips.
Watch my refund amout will be something stupid like 3 dollars. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

katscradle
07-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Some strange guy from Indy will be here today, so I have to show him a good time. Need to mow and clean up so I can impress him. Guess I'll have to shower or something too....seems like I just did that last week.

Have fun! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Launchpad11B
07-03-2009, 09:03 AM

What is his ETA? I'll be expecting a phone call from you two. Yes, I'm jealous and plan on intruding on your weekend!! pirate:

Launchpad11B
07-03-2009, 09:05 AM
If we do get lucky and get some money back I will be forwarding all proceeds to DU for our trips.
Watch my refund amout will be something stupid like 3 dollars. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Katherine, I think we should all set up direct deposit to Dreams Unlimited! All our money goes there anyway! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

sshaw10060
My wife and I decided we wanted a date night last night. Since we couldn't find a baby sitter we figured the drive-in was the perfect solution. Our son would fall asleep in the back seat and we could watch Star Trek, which I had been dying to see.

This is a case of good plan poor execution. The movie started at 8:45. No sleep from the little one yet, but hey he should fall asleep any minute right? Movie starts it's Transformers not Star Trek. the paper got the order of the double feature wrong. Oh well....go with the flow, it's date night. Still not asleep "mommy I like this movie". Kid never did fall asleep. He spent the movie switching between our laps. Date night becomes family fun night.

Lessons from the drive-in: 1. Don't bring the kid and expect date night and 2. Call to make sure you are spending $20 to see a movie you actually want to see.

Needless to say fun was had by all.

- Scott

DVCsince02

Thanks! Here's our problem. We don't know that we want to stay in this community. Our realtor told us it should take awhile to sell our house. Well, it didn't. So, we thought we'd have a few months to decide, we don't. Here are our two choices:

1. Rent. We rent something for six months of so. Then we may either be in a situation where a new job has come open OR, we'll decide to stay put and then buy a house locally. If we rent, we don't have to worry about selling a house should we move.

2. Buy a house. With our luck, we'd buy a house and then have to move two months later. But, with buying a house, I could buy the house I want and be moving upwards instead of going backwards with a rental (smaller).

I just don't know what to do!

I have to agree with the other posters. Do the short term rental until you are sure about the job situation.

dpuck1998
07-03-2009, 09:06 AM
What is his ETA? I'll be expecting a phone call from you two. Yes, I'm jealous and plan on intruding on your weekend!! pirate:

He should be getting on the road about now. Its about 3.5 to 4.0 hrs away, estimated ETA 13:00

shellyminnie
07-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Morning Everyone!!

Parents are gone for the weekend!! Woohoo!!!

However they left me with the 88lb whining dog, who will probalby whine all weekend because he got left behind. Ugh!!

aGoofyMom
07-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Hello Everyone!

:welcome:!!!

I agree with the others...renting sound like a better option for now.

Morning all!

Another busy day for DD7 & me - baking cookies, weeding gardens, maybe even a trip to the garden centre for the annuals. All the fun stuff. :rolleyes: We went to see Ice Age 3 last night...it was pretty good. At least I am not making her work her entire summer away right?

scarlett873
07-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Hello Everyone!

-Kelly:flower3:Oh...trust me...you're hanging with the warpiest (is that a word...lol) people around! Stick with us kid and you'll fit riiiiiiiiiiiight in...

And how did I miss Jen acquiring another DIS DH? I've fallen behind...I guess I need to pay more attention...:rolleyes1

And Don...please shower...how else do you think that Aaron is finding his way to you? Forget GPS...we can smell you all the way down here!! ;)

I've been at my sister's house since Wednesday. They are in Clearwater, FL for the holiday weekend while Mom's doggie sitting for them here. They would have normally boarded the dogs, but their puppy missed the age cut off by just a couple days. So i've been hanging out with Mom...we don't get much time with just us, so we've been shopping and scrapbooking and just hanging out. DH is joining us today around lunch time since he has the day off! I don't think i've ever been over here when it's been soooooooo quiet...:rotfl:

Oh yeah...I have forced my Mom into listening to Twilight via audiobook. We listened to almost the whole book yesterday while scrapbooking...we've got about an hour left on the book...but I don't think Mom's become smitten with the series. Or maybe she is and will read the rest of it when she goes home...lol

Just popped in to say :wave2:

Stay out of trouble...cuz i'm not here to get into trouble with you!! :upsidedow

shellyminnie
07-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Katherine, I think we should all set up direct deposit to Dreams Unlimited! All our money goes there anyway! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ain't that the truth!! :lmao:

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Oh...trust me...you're hanging with the warpiest (is that a word...lol) people around! Stick with us kid and you'll fit riiiiiiiiiiiight in...

And how did I miss Jen acquiring another DIS DH? I've fallen behind...I guess I need to pay more attention...:rolleyes1

And Don...please shower...how else do you think that Aaron is finding his way to you? Forget GPS...we can smell you all the way down here!! ;)

I've been at my sister's house since Wednesday. They are in Clearwater, FL for the holiday weekend while Mom's doggie sitting for them here. They would have normally boarded the dogs, but their puppy missed the age cut off by just a couple days. So i've been hanging out with Mom...we don't get much time with just us, so we've been shopping and scrapbooking and just hanging out. DH is joining us today around lunch time since he has the day off! I don't think i've ever been over here when it's been soooooooo quiet...:rotfl:

Oh yeah...I have forced my Mom into listening to Twilight via audiobook. We listened to almost the whole book yesterday while scrapbooking...we've got about an hour left on the book...but I don't think Mom's become smitten with the series. Or maybe she is and will read the rest of it when she goes home...lol

Just popped in to say :wave2:

Stay out of trouble...cuz i'm not here to get into trouble with you!! :upsidedow

Hi welcome to the thread! :wave: My name is Todd. It is a pleasure to meet you.