PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

DVCsince02
06-22-2009, 08:48 PM
In the words of Brandie... I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in. So, what does everyone think Jen & family are doing right now. Lucky ducks are on the Wonder!

She is wondering why her kids don't want to spend any time with her! They won't leave the clubs.

Emma loved the kids clubs, Ethan had to be dragged in a few times.:confused3:rotfl:

DVCsince02
06-22-2009, 09:02 PM
Jen, would have DEFINITELY started a posting war by now!

No way! I'm not starting any posting wars until after summer vacation. :laundy:

dpuck1998
06-22-2009, 09:25 PM

Emma loved the kids clubs, Ethan had to be dragged in a few times.:confused3:rotfl:

Welcome home (by home I mean the DIS :) ) We are all waiting for the photos and trip report!

DVCsince02
06-22-2009, 09:30 PM
You all are making PCC 1.5 seem less desirable. I'm still up for going, but a little less party: about it now. You know? But life is not a spectator sport!

Speaking of 1.5, this trip made my decision not to go on 1.5. The Florida heat is just too much for me and even worse on the kids. Instead I'll be :surfweb: and wishing you all safe travels.

rtobe
06-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Hi all, just checking in after more or less getting caught up on the thread. Got to see some folks at DL Backstage Tour - well the Friday nght meet anyway. THANKS SF DON for organizing!! Mary Jo presented me with my flatties :yay:. Now back home wondering why the electronic inbox was so full when I was on west coast working :confused3

Becx N Gav
06-23-2009, 01:55 AM
Morning all, how's things?

Becx N Gav
06-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Hello everyone! I constantly feel like I am behind with this thread. You can find out a little about me in my trip report links below. This will be my first cruise ever! I am so excited. I already signed up for a fish extender group and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Welcome to the madness :dance3: you don't have to keep up but this is a great place to get to know people :cheer2:

PCC 2.0 is gonna be the best :yay::yay:

That is full on funny!! :lmao: :happytv:

Our trip to Nashville has been very fun!! :goodvibes We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and Rainforest Cafe (we don't have one of those near home). I meet All7ofUs (Leisa) who lives overseas. We have been talking on the DIS for months and are planning a girls trip (3 of us are going) in Sept 2010. But we had never met and it was going to be pretty strange to go on a trip with someone I have never met. I quickly realized it felt like we have known each other forever! We had a blast hanging out and it has been totally cool to actually be in the same room and able to talk Disney.

I brought my friend Lauren (she is 16) along. Her picture is below in the Tink costume from her wish trip.

Then a DISer that works in the Disney Store cooked up a surprise for Lauren. She called her name from across the store. "Lauren - I know you! How are you? It is nice to finally meet you! I have seen your picture on the DIS." This was priceless as Lauren was floored that someone recognized her. Then she had gifts for Lauren, which was so very kind of her!

Then we met about 6 DISers at Rainforest Cafe for a quick meet and greet in front of the Rainforest Cafe.

So I was able to meet a bunch of DISers and it was so much fun!!

Gosh! That sounds like awful weather!! Stay safe and dry!!

I will definitely do that! Not sure if I will make it today, but hopefully THIS week!

Ohhh sounds like you had a great time :thumbsup2 aren't Diser's the best :hug:

Good Morning all. :surfweb: Happy Monday! :flower3:

Hopefully, Paul comes home tonight. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Is he back? Hope you had a lovely evening together :hug:

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had as enjoyable weekend as I did. Cedar Point was a blast. Got a tad too much sun, but its par for the course. I also have to stop being the one to drive. Getting up at normal time and playing in the park until 11 and then driving home for three hours is not something to do on a night before work. Needless to say, my behind is dragging something fierce right now....I feel a power nap coming on before (and after) lunch.

I wish I lived in Spain then I could get away with a siesta every day :cloud9:

Becx N Gav
06-23-2009, 02:16 AM
Good morning Dodie!

Hi everyone! I have been trying to convince DBF to join me for the August trip I have booked. He keeps whining that he wants to to see the Christmas decorations. I have told him that I will take him for it next year... I may have to surprise him with the cruise sooner than I thought.

Good luck keeping the cruise a secret :scared1: I would love to suprise DH but he'd soon ask why I had no money :rotfl:

We were just in Chicago in May and had a GREAT time!

I love the Cheescake Factory...so much so that we had to eat there when we were in Nashville this last weekend. The cheesecake is yummy!!

We got to eat at Ginos East and loved the pizza! But we don't have anything to compare it to...I don't think you could go wrong with either!

Have a BLAST!!!

I went to a Cheesecake Factory a few years back but wasn't feeling at all well so I didn't have anything to eat :sad2: But I'm making up for it in Sept as we're going for lunch with our friends :cloud9: I've already told my girlfriend that if she can't choose one flavour of cheesecake to get another to go - I love America :lovestruc Everything is just so convienient :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
06-23-2009, 03:54 AM

Welcome back :cheer2::cheer2:

No way! I'm not starting any posting wars until after summer vacation. :laundy:

:sad1::guilty::sad1::guilty:

tlcoke
06-23-2009, 04:56 AM
Good Morning Everyone! It's going to be a hot & sticky day today. Now I am off to go on my morning walk.

safetymom
06-23-2009, 05:15 AM
Good morning everyone. We just had some very nasty storms roll through.

kymickeyfan717
06-23-2009, 05:37 AM
Morn' all. Hope all have a good day. Going to be sticky here - gotta love humidity. I don't know why I even do my hair anymore. By the time afernoon rolls around, it's just terrible.:rotfl:

Disneybridein2k3
06-23-2009, 05:48 AM
Mornin all! I had two funerals in the last two weeks so I've only been by the boards for a quick few minutes - definately not enough time to keep up with this thread! I think I've missed the last 40 or so pages. What'd I miss?

mainegal
06-23-2009, 05:58 AM
Good morning, early birds!

I woke up earlier that I wanted it, and have finally given up trying to fall back asleep. Thought maybe I'd follow Tracey's lead and got for an early walk. But it is pouring rain!

Hope we get some sun, less humidity, and pleasant temperatures for all.

Launchpad11B
06-23-2009, 06:22 AM
Speaking of 1.5, this trip made my decision not to go on 1.5. The Florida heat is just too much for me and even worse on the kids. Instead I'll be :surfweb: and wishing you all safe travels.

Howdy Jen! Welcome back. I just got home myself. :goodvibes
We won't be going on 1.5 either. We may go down to Universal while the DISers are there and continue on to WDW when they all leave for the cruise. :thumbsup2

experiment_627
06-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Morning all.

I hope everyone has a great day!

:goodvibes

shellyminnie
06-23-2009, 07:03 AM
Morning all!! Busy day today!!

Welcome back Jen!!

We had those storms last night. :scared1:

We won't be going on 1.5 either. We may go down to Universal while the DISers are there and continue on to WDW when they all leave for the cruise. :thumbsup2

Welcome back Paul!!

Launchpad11B
06-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Mornin' Shelly! :goodvibes

scarlett873
06-23-2009, 07:36 AM
:wave2:

Off to the grocery store...be back later! :)

ADP
06-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Good Morning. It's been a rough Spring with storms and it seems to be carrying over into Summer. Crazy weather. :rolleyes:

Morn' all. Hope all have a good day.

Mornin all!

Good morning, early birds!
Hope we get some sun, less humidity, and pleasant temperatures for all.

Good morning. Welcome back Jen & Paul! We are still thinking about 1.5 as well. Not sure which way we will go, but I do want to be there with all the DISers.

Morning all.

I hope everyone has a great day!
:goodvibes

Morning all!! Busy day today!!
Welcome back Paul!!

Good Morning!

tlcoke
06-23-2009, 08:24 AM
Morn' all. Hope all have a good day. Going to be sticky here - gotta love humidity. I don't know why I even do my hair anymore. By the time afernoon rolls around, it's just terrible.:rotfl:

That's why a couple of weeks ago I had mine cut real short. Now I don't have to worry about it.

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 08:45 AM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/georgemoe/IMG_2183-2.gif

:rotfl::rotfl:

tickledtink33
06-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Good morning

I'm interested in seeing the price and what the crew come up with for 1.5. If I decide not to go I will probably still go to Universal to hang with Disers and then head over to WDW. I'm a little concerned about the ship. I know it has had a refurb but it is still small and old and doesn't go anywhere interesting. It's a waiting game for me right now.

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 08:59 AM
I shall not start a posting war!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

But I will say that I AM going to DAP!!!! Its official!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 09:01 AM
YIPPEE!!! James told me I can go, but I would feel guilty. He wants to go someplace other than Disney, and if I DAP, it would cancel any trip he wants to do.

Don't feel guilty, you do so much for your family, you need a vacation too.:goodvibes

mainegal
06-23-2009, 09:06 AM
I am SO envious of all of you who can go to WDW every year or mulitiple times during the year.

Becx N Gav
06-23-2009, 09:17 AM
I am SO envious of all of you who can go to WDW every year or mulitiple times during the year.

Awww :hug: it sucks when you're on the boards and it seems like everyone is going all the time, but there are many people who only go every few years. I never thought we'd go at all (didn't know DH would love Disney as much as I did :cloud9:) and we are so fortunate to be able to get the time off work and money to pay for it. However we don't go anywhere else during the year, to be honest we don't even go out much (maybe eat out at a restaurant once every 3 months!) as we would rather spend our money getting to / in WDW. I am envious of anyone who can go for a weekend! Just hop on a plane and be there in a few hours - we can't do that with the time difference and the cost of flights means you have to go for a couple of weeks to make it worthwhile!

I'm sure you'll be there at some point where you can go more often, it's hard waiting but that makes it all the more special.

I'm just so glad I have found people that understand the craving I have and it turns out there a lovely bunch of fellows too :grouphug: At least you can stay in the loop if you want to and live through others reports - I often find threads with loads of pics just incase I've forgotten what things look like :rotfl:

klam_chowder
06-23-2009, 09:21 AM
gooood late morrrning all :wave2:

Hope everyone's tuesday is better than my day yesterday. Well, it was going swimmingly: enjoying the tunes and sunshine driving around :drive: until and I had to pull over, put my window down and say, "Hi Officier". :scared: He was a jerk. :rolleyes1

cheers,
:flower3:

jeanigor
06-23-2009, 09:25 AM

Hope everyone's tuesday is better than my day yesterday. Well, it was going swimmingly: enjoying the tunes and sunshine driving around :drive: until and I had to pull over, put my window down and say, "Hi Officier". :scared: He was a jerk. :rolleyes1

cheers,

Maybe the inlaws should have stayed another day?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

dpuck1998
06-23-2009, 09:27 AM

We won't be going either. So many other wonderful places to go in the summer months, Florida is for the winter/fall maybe spring.

cheers,

Did you get a ticket? You should have cried!

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Good Morning everyone. :surfweb: Just wanted to pop in and say hello!!!

BTW: I miss Jen! When is she coming home?

:grouphug:

I missed everyone here too.

I'm trying to catch up. Still have about 20 or so pages to go just on this thread.:eek:

Becx N Gav
06-23-2009, 09:32 AM

cheers,

Oh dear - other things on your mind? (like freedom :rotfl:)

I'm trying to catch up. Still have about 20 or so pages to go just on this thread.:eek:

Good luck with that, I find it hard to keep up when I'm on the boards everyday (but then I do get distracted easily - like reading Shannans TR, which I was going to post on DOH!)

Did miss you though and I hope your parents enjoyed the Club Level at the Poly?

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Good morning all! :goodvibes

She must be in port now getting ready to disembark. I'm surprised she has not posted already. We all miss Jen. :sad1:

We didn't bring the computer and this vacation was all about the kids. Besides, I didn't want to lose my place here on the DIS to catch up.;)

jeanigor
06-23-2009, 09:35 AM

You think we would be quite, just because you were gone?

klam_chowder
06-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Maybe the inlaws should have stayed another day?:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'll cough up the $150 :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

oooh, that was cold! :blush:

I'm crying now - it would cover the cost of a 2 day park hopper at Disneyland. Is it strange that I convert everything into Mouse currency?? :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

dpuck1998
06-23-2009, 09:40 AM
I'm crying now - it would cover the cost of a 2 day park hopper at Disneyland. Is it strange that I convert everything into Mouse currency?? :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

Ummm...yes! But that is why you are here with us, we are all strange. Some more than others *cough* Todd *cough*

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Still catching up, but wanted to say:

Happy Anniversary Nicole & James!

Happy Birthday Andrea!

Happy Birthday Jackie! (chickie)

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 09:42 AM
Ummm...yes! But that is why you are here with us, we are all strange. Some more than others *cough* Todd *cough*

Don you really should get the cough looked at. You've been doing that since the cruise.;)

dpuck1998
06-23-2009, 09:46 AM
Don you really should get the cough looked at. You've been doing that since the cruise.;)

Ugh, I forgot about that. That really sucked!

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 09:49 AM
Good morning everyone and TGIF!!! :banana:

Tonight Aaron (ADP)and Kim, Chris (crazydisneyman) and Kim, Brandie (scarlett873) and Matt, and I are getting together for dinner and drinks. I'm sure we'll end up calling someone from the bar or at least posting a couple of pictures somewhere.

Unfortunately, Phillip will miss out on this get-together. He is headed out with Greta (our youngest German Shepherd) on a volunteer search and recovery mission this weekend over in Illinois. (I really hope they find something and bring that particular family some closure.)

I've decided to take some vacation time this afternoon because I have a million things to do and don't want to waste my entire weekend doing them.

So...Who's up for a drunk dial this evening and do we have your phone number? ;)

I got drunk texted. Brandie was afraid of waking the kids, but we were still at the MK. MK had EMH until 3am, and yes, Emma and I stayed until 2:30. :faint:

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 10:08 AM
Did miss you though and I hope your parents enjoyed the Club Level at the Poly?

They did enjoy it. Funny story, my father asked the concierge to make an ADR for a quiet dinner. My parents don't go to WDW often so they don't know the best places. Anyway, I get a call later that night and my parents went to the character dinner at the GF with Cinderella, the step-sisters, and Prince.:rotfl: Not quiet at all.:rotfl:

My dad wanted to ring that concierge's neck. :rotfl2:

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 10:10 AM
You think we would be quite, just because you were gone?

Not at all. Actually I'm surprised that there were only about 35 pages on this thread. Back in the old days, this thread would have been closed in that time.;)

Becx N Gav
06-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Not at all. Actually I'm surprised that there were only about 35 pages on this thread. Back in the old days, this thread would have been closed in that time.;)

Ah the good ole days :goodvibes

jeanigor
06-23-2009, 10:25 AM

There are still 537 days until embarkation. Give it time. Give it time.

maroo
06-23-2009, 10:33 AM
I went to a Cheesecake Factory a few years back but wasn't feeling at all well so I didn't have anything to eat :sad2: But I'm making up for it in Sept as we're going for lunch with our friends :cloud9: I've already told my girlfriend that if she can't choose one flavour of cheesecake to get another to go - I love America :lovestruc Everything is just so convienient :thumbsup2

Ah...now that is the spirit!!! :cloud9:

Awww :hug: it sucks when you're on the boards and it seems like everyone is going all the time, but there are many people who only go every few years. I never thought we'd go at all (didn't know DH would love Disney as much as I did :cloud9:) and we are so fortunate to be able to get the time off work and money to pay for it. However we don't go anywhere else during the year, to be honest we don't even go out much (maybe eat out at a restaurant once every 3 months!) as we would rather spend our money getting to / in WDW. I am envious of anyone who can go for a weekend! Just hop on a plane and be there in a few hours - we can't do that with the time difference and the cost of flights means you have to go for a couple of weeks to make it worthwhile!

I'm sure you'll be there at some point where you can go more often, it's hard waiting but that makes it all the more special.

I'm just so glad I have found people that understand the craving I have and it turns out there a lovely bunch of fellows too :grouphug: At least you can stay in the loop if you want to and live through others reports - I often find threads with loads of pics just incase I've forgotten what things look like :rotfl:

I can't imagine having to spend so much on a flight to get here...but spending 3 weeks in Disney would be really cool!! I would feel a lot less rushed and more able to take in all the scenes! :cloud9:

(You sure are getting some :cloud9: from me today!)

:sad: That never works for me. :rolleyes1

They did enjoy it. Funny story, my father asked the concierge to make an ADR for a quiet dinner. My parents don't go to WDW often so they don't know the best places. Anyway, I get a call later that night and my parents went to the character dinner at the GF with Cinderella, the step-sisters, and Prince.:rotfl: Not quiet at all.:rotfl:

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Madi100
06-23-2009, 10:34 AM
Still catching up, but wanted to say:

Happy Anniversary Nicole & James!

Happy Birthday Andrea!

Happy Birthday Jackie! (chickie)

Thanks, Jen! Welcome back. You were missed.

Madi100
06-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Good morning everyone! Yesterday was horrible! I had no internet service or phone. Qwest is quickly becoming my greatest enemy.

My kids have soccer camp this week. It is so hot! Not too long ago we were wishing for summer to get here. Now the heat is here.

maiziezoe
06-23-2009, 11:12 AM

Oh my goodness. :rotfl:

Welcome home. You were missed!

jeanigor
06-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Good morning everyone! Yesterday was horrible! I had no internet service or phone. Qwest is quickly becoming my greatest enemy.

My kids have soccer camp this week. It is so hot! Not too long ago we were wishing for summer to get here. Now the heat is here.

I'm wishing for December.....with a brief stop off in the beginning of September, myself.

maiziezoe
06-23-2009, 11:25 AM
Morning all (it's still morning here)

Hot and humid here today. Smells like Florida. I love that smell. It reminds me of where I really want to be.

I think I am going to start scrapbooking our trip this week while the weather is so hot.

Right now I am putting the finishing touches on a baby shower I am throwing on Sunday. Hardly anyone has RSVP'd and the guest of honor is starting to freak out. Personally, I don't care if people show up... the less people that show = the more leftovers I get to take home. :) This is her 4th shower... :rolleyes: She wants me to email people and ask them if they are coming. I think that is tacky.

Off to clean the house before my favorite nephew comes over to spend the night!

Have a good day everyone.

dpuck1998
06-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Oh my goodness. :rotfl:

Welcome home. You were missed!

When you people change your avatar I can't tell who you are anymore...it confuses me!

MenashaCorp
06-23-2009, 12:27 PM
When you people change your avatar I can't tell who you are anymore...it confuses me!

Same here... I was looking at humans on PCC 1.0 and thinking "Oh, that's the meerkat" or "I thought she looked like WALL-E..." :laughing:

maroo
06-23-2009, 01:29 PM
Same here... I was looking at humans on PCC 1.0 and thinking "Oh, that's the meerkat" or "I thought she looked like WALL-E..." :laughing:

Uh...

Does that mean you guys think of me as the "zebra"...... :eek:

I may need to get a new Avatar. ::yes::

DVCsince02
06-23-2009, 01:38 PM

I think I'll keep mine for a while....;)

jeanigor
06-23-2009, 02:22 PM
I think I'll keep mine for a while....;)

When you switched to the swanky Minnie...it threw even me.....

jeanigor
06-23-2009, 02:42 PM
Uh...

Well, actually....yes:blush::blush:

maiziezoe
06-23-2009, 02:58 PM

Sorry, Squishy!! I fell in love with the young Ellie when I saw Up. Every time I look at my avatar, I smile. :)

scarlett873
06-23-2009, 06:09 PM
When you people change your avatar I can't tell who you are anymore...it confuses me!Good thing my avatar is a fellow redhead! :thumbsup2

Launchpad11B
06-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Good thing my avatar is a fellow redhead! :thumbsup2

Hey Brandie, sorry I didn't get a chance to talk to you on Friday during the mini-Indy meet. Hope you and Matt are doing good. :goodvibes

maroo
06-23-2009, 06:30 PM
Uh...

Ok...I fixed my avatar!! :)

I don't want to be known as the zebra. :rotfl:

shellyminnie
06-23-2009, 06:32 PM

Well, it doesn't take much . . .:goodvibes

dpuck1998
06-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Well, it doesn't take much . . .:goodvibes

True, True....HEY!

shellyminnie
06-23-2009, 07:46 PM
True, True....HEY!

:lmao: I just call it like I see it!! ;)

Disneybridein2k3
06-23-2009, 08:27 PM

cheers,
Those cops, they are all jerks :rolleyes1

You are better than me. I haven't been able to read this thread for more than a week. I gave up about about 30 pages or so ago :eek:

There are still 537 days until embarkation. Give it time. Give it time.
Bite. Your. Tongue.

dpuck1998
06-23-2009, 08:40 PM

You are better than me. I haven't been able to read this thread for more than a week. I gave up about about 30 pages or so ago :eek:

Bite. Your. Tongue.

Let them carry and gun and they get all crazy and what not! :rotfl2:

Dodie
06-23-2009, 09:23 PM

Hello computernut friends!

jeanigor
06-23-2009, 10:23 PM
Bite. Your. Tongue.

OWWW!!! That hurt!

:wave:Hi dear Dodie, what in the world are you up so late for?

A.Mickey
06-23-2009, 10:57 PM
:laundy: Have fun? :confused3 :rotfl2: Good thing we already know you guys know how to have a good time! ;)

So what am I gonna do about it?! Make ghirardelli chocloate brownies with cream cheese butter frosting of course! :lmao: Well, at least I'll be bringing them to a major house party tonite :dance3:

Well, we didn't end up doing laundry all day for Father's Day! After lots o laundry, we went to Fry's (ooooo pretty electronics), then to Five Guys in Naperville and enjoyed the flooded riverwalk and park.

How long did the brownies last? Brownies with cream cheese frosting! :scared1: Is that legal!?!

Eek! Sorry about the cop....that is no fun!

Our trip to Nashville has been very fun!! :goodvibes We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and Rainforest Cafe (we don't have one of those near home). I meet All7ofUs (Leisa) who lives overseas. We have been talking on the DIS for months and are planning a girls trip (3 of us are going) in Sept 2010. But we had never met and it was going to be pretty strange to go on a trip with someone I have never met. I quickly realized it felt like we have known each other forever! We had a blast hanging out and it has been totally cool to actually be in the same room and able to talk Disney.

I brought my friend Lauren (she is 16) along. Her picture is below in the Tink costume from her wish trip.

Then a DISer that works in the Disney Store cooked up a surprise for Lauren. She called her name from across the store. "Lauren - I know you! How are you? It is nice to finally meet you! I have seen your picture on the DIS." This was priceless as Lauren was floored that someone recognized her. Then she had gifts for Lauren, which was so very kind of her!

Then we met about 6 DISers at Rainforest Cafe for a quick meet and greet in front of the Rainforest Cafe.

So I was able to meet a bunch of DISers and it was so much fun!!

Gosh! That sounds like awful weather!! Stay safe and dry!!

I will definitely do that! Not sure if I will make it today, but hopefully THIS week!

Sounds like a great time!!! That is awesome what happened at the Disney store! Glad the magic travels!!
Sorry to hear about the hotel shower! :sad2:

We went to the cottage and the weather was wonderful. :)
We also have quite a few days of nice weather ahead, at least until Thursday.
I am worried though as they say the humidex will go up into the mid thirtes. :eek: It the humidity that's the killer.
Last week of school for the boys. :eek:

Glad the weather cooperated for you!!

We're going Friday! :thumbsup2

What are you doing in the city? We will be there on Saturday and Sunday!

When we were in Chicago for the DIS meet at Doorway to Dreams, DP and I ate at Cheesecake Factory. It was really good. We couldn't decide between going there or Texas de Brazil. I figured we hadn't fasted for three days, so Texas lost out. However, I seem to recall someone saying something about a Chicago-land meet up there as an O'hana-esque thing.........hmmmmmm :scratchin

Just let us know when you want to do it and we will be there with bells on! Don't you still want to go to Mitsuwa Marketplace? Or did you get a chance to do that?

A great place to grab a good lunch at a reasonable price in Chicago is Foodlife in Watertower Place. It's like a foodcourt on steroids - with amazingly different and unique choices, including ethnic foods, healthy choices, decadent desserts, etc. It's one of those places where you grab a table, grab a card, and have your card scanned each time you make a food selection. Then you don't pay until after you meal, as you exit, when they total up your card.

We love foodlife! Every time we go to Chicago now we eat there! I have tried every station now! :woohoo:

Yeah, I would have wanted to go to Texas De Brazil as the 'Ohana substitute! :laughing: I think some of the more special places are a bit on the pricier side, but really good. Frontera Grill comes to mind. There are a lot of places listed on Metromix that sound interesting, but I never have anyone who wants to go with me.

There's also a place near where I work on the north side of Chicago that was featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, called Glenn's Diner. I need to get out more. :)
I heard of Glenn's Diner I wanna go there! Is that Rick Bayless that runs Frontera Grill? I really wanna try alot of restaurants too....but I seem to be stuck on foodlife:scared:
I'm going to Texas de Brazil with friends Wednesday night... :banana:
Have a Great time! Wish I could be there!

Good Morning All,

Ok so it is just after 11 AM out here so I can still say morning. Had a FABULOUS weekend. Did the Backstage tour of Disneyland on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend at the parks. The crowds were down from earlier in the week, as the weekend was blocked for So Cal annual pass holders. (YEAH) Met some new DIS’ers and had lots of fun. We started the weekend Friday night at the Lost Bar at the Disneyland hotel and went form there.

One of my new favorite things is meeting new DIS’ers. Not new to the DIS, but new to me. If only I was good and names and screen names. I feel like I want to take a photo of everyone with a piece of paper with their screen and real names in the photo. I guess it will look like a prison photo – Picture with name and AKA at the bottom of the picture.

Hope all you Dad’s out there has a good Fathers Day!

Don

Sounds like you had a blast!!

Good luck with that, I find it hard to keep up when I'm on the boards everyday (but then I do get distracted easily - like reading Shannans TR, which I was going to post on DOH!)

My Trip Report? I have a Reader? :scared1::woohoo:

I had a nice evening, I hung out with a friend from high school that I have not seen in over a year and 3 months! :scared1: We ordered pizza and I showed her all my Disney pics! I am trying to tell her to go on cruise 2.0, because Disney fans are the nicest most welcoming non-judgemental group of people you will ever meet.

I think she might think that I am just crazy!

At least we DISers have each other :rotfl2:

Launchpad11B
06-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Mornin' peeps! Hope everyone has a great Wednesday! :goodvibes

Renysmom
06-24-2009, 04:38 AM
Good morning Paul and everyone else...

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

tlcoke
06-24-2009, 04:59 AM
Good Morning, Paul, Kelly & everyone. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Becx N Gav
06-24-2009, 05:08 AM

Good morning Paul and everyone else...

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!!

Good Morning, Paul, Kelly & everyone. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Morning all - you guys are up waaaaaay to early, it's just gone 11am here and I'm still sleepy :upsidedow

kymickeyfan717
06-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Morn all - hope everyone has a great "hump" day.

cocowum
06-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Good Morning. :surfweb: I hope everyone has a SUPER DUPER day! :teeth: ::yes::::yes::::yes::

Disneybridein2k3
06-24-2009, 06:11 AM
Let them carry and gun and they get all crazy and what not! :rotfl2:
I know, right?

Happy Podcast Wednesday everyone!!!

jeanigor
06-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!!!!!

So Tracy, when does the group booking window for PCC 2.0 close???

And Lee Cockerell doing the Thriller....

1.5 announcements...

Oh yeah, the show is up....

Be back later...specifically in about 80 more minutes....

mainegal
06-24-2009, 06:25 AM
Good morning, all! I can't believe the newspaper says we are going to have five more days of rain! The strawberries are drowning. PLEASE, make it stop for my vacation next week!!!

I have downloaded the latest Dis podcast. I am behind. I "saved" the previous two for the week with no podcasts, but haven't yet listened to the email show.

winotracy
06-24-2009, 06:34 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!!!!!

So Tracy, when does the group booking window for PCC 2.0 close???

This is a very complicated question. I will be "updating" John and Pete.

jeanigor
06-24-2009, 06:42 AM

I am thinking that you would be the best to handle a complicated question. :goodvibes

But moral of the story is book sooner rather than later! Right? If you're thinking about it, DO IT!

shellyminnie
06-24-2009, 06:45 AM
Good Morning!! It's Wednesday!! Love Wednesdays!!

:rotfl:

winotracy
06-24-2009, 06:51 AM
I am thinking that you would be the best to handle a complicated question. :goodvibes

But moral of the story is book sooner rather than later! Right? If you're thinking about it, DO IT!

Yes book sooner rather than later. When we lose the group space pricing may go up. Prices may stay the same. Prices will not likely be lower at any time between now and the cruise. And if it does go lower, if it's possible we'll get your prices adjusted (there are a few Florida residents from 1.0 that know this, right?).

I don't want people to go into a panic about space being gone, but the sooner you book this cruise, the better.

shellyminnie
06-24-2009, 07:01 AM
And if it does go lower, if it's possible we'll get your prices adjusted (there are a few Florida residents from 1.0 that know this, right?).

::yes:: :cloud9:

dpuck1998
06-24-2009, 07:12 AM

aaronmckie
06-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Good morning everyone :)

ADP
06-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

I was on the phone early making an ADR for the Wishes dessert party for Friday, August 7th. Kathy blogged about this morning and it looks great.

dpuck1998
06-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

I was on the phone early making an ADR for the Wishes dessert party for Friday, August 7th. Kathy blogged about this morning and it looks great.

Cool, expect pics.

Kinda sad that they take away a viewing area for the fireworks and now charge to sit there however. Not sure how I feel about it. We would get there an hour early and claim a spot to watch the fireworks. Now for our party of 5 it would cost us almost 70 bucks to watch from that spot.

aGoofyMom
06-24-2009, 08:45 AM
:wave:

Hi!

I feel like I have been missing for an eternity. I haven't had much time for anything this month...it's been really busy. But I am hoping to catch up in the next week or so...

klam_chowder
06-24-2009, 08:48 AM
happy hump podcast & chat day folks :wave:

All but one of course! ;) Oh, make that 2 - have to include Vinny! :rolleyes:

How's Morgan handling being at gramp's and away from her BF? :rotfl:

Well, we didn't end up doing laundry all day for Father's Day! After lots o laundry, we went to Fry's (ooooo pretty electronics), then to Five Guys in Naperville and enjoyed the flooded riverwalk and park.

How long did the brownies last? Brownies with cream cheese frosting! :scared1: Is that legal!?!

Like I said, we know you guys know how to have a good time :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I brought 2 containers worth and oh they were completely devoured before anyone dived into a store bought choc cake :lmao:

cheers,

ADP
06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Cool, expect pics.

Kinda sad that they take away a viewing area for the fireworks and now charge to sit there however. Not sure how I feel about it. We would get there an hour early and claim a spot to watch the fireworks. Now for our party of 5 it would cost us almost 70 bucks to watch from that spot.
Oh yea...There will be pics. I sort of feel the same way. Disney is great in creating experiences based on location and real estate. The desserts look really good.

safetymom
06-24-2009, 09:00 AM
Cool, expect pics.

That is getting expensive but I thought it was totally worth the money last night. No need to get there early to view the fireworks. You aren't bumping into people. You can sit at a table or stand at the railing. It was great to be able to enjoy the buffet and watch the parades and fireworks.

Becx N Gav
06-24-2009, 09:06 AM
That is getting expensive but I thought it was totally worth the money last night. No need to get there early to view the fireworks. You aren't bumping into people. You can sit at a table or stand at the railing. It was great to be able to enjoy the buffet and watch the parades and fireworks.

From the pictures it looked really great to me.

Usually the only way to get to a dessert party would be to befriend a Disney bride who was planning on hosting one (I wish we could have had one for our Wedding). It seems Disney is branching out a little more with the special events, but then it's an added cost!

dpuck1998
06-24-2009, 09:10 AM

Of course I complain, but I will totally book it for December ;)

experiment_627
06-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Morning all!

Listening to the show. :goodvibes

Happy Wednesday!

mla1977
06-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Of course I complain, but I will totally book it for December ;)

I think currently it is only planned through August. I bet if it goes well, we will see it in other busy times (like December).

klam_chowder
06-24-2009, 10:28 AM

:love: your blog Kathy :thumbsup2 but wasn't allowed to post a comment so I'll let you know here :goodvibes

I hope they don't make the price creep up. If they keep it at this price point it seems reasonable esp. given the array from which to choose...yum! I thought it might be like Fantasmic dessert/reserved seating where you get a little box of a few items only. With the dessert buffet set up like it was, I think it's almost worth it even without the fireworks - for sugar-fiend DH of course :rotfl2: :rotfl2: It was good to see they had some fresh fruit available. :upsidedow

We won't get to WDW until next Dec (yes, 2010 :sad2:) but if this event is still available, we will definitely do it. :lovestruc

cheers,

maiziezoe
06-24-2009, 10:32 AM
Morning!

Hot one here in the Chicagoland area. 105 with the heat index. My old Lupus body is going to stay inside and stay cool. Great day to start scrapbooking!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Oooooh.... in the mail today, I received a little postcard from Disney offering the dining plan through sometime in December.... I noticed that the weekend of DAP is included. That makes the deal so much more enticing. :idea: Decisions, decisions. That's the weekend my little guy turns 5... free dining and DAP... 5th b-day party.... seeing my DIS friends.... hmmmm...

jeanigor
06-24-2009, 10:50 AM
Morning!

Hot one here in the Chicagoland area. 105 with the heat index. My old Lupus body is going to stay inside and stay cool. Great day to start scrapbooking!!

Oooooh.... in the mail today, I received a little postcard from Disney offering the dining plan through sometime in December.... I noticed that the weekend of DAP is included. That makes the deal so much more enticing. :idea: Decisions, decisions. That's the weekend my little guy turns 5... free dining and DAP... 5th b-day party.... seeing my DIS friends.... hmmmm...

I call it fate!!! DO IT!

tiggerbell
06-24-2009, 11:00 AM
I call it fate!!! DO IT!

You say that about everything lately! :lmao:

kimisabella
06-24-2009, 11:05 AM

Hi Karen! Vinny hasn't pulled anyone over in many years :laughing::laughing::laughing: He is in an office and hasn't seen "action" in a looooong time

dpuck1998
06-24-2009, 11:58 AM
You say that about everything lately! :lmao:

Hmmm...must be fate that is causing that.

ADP
06-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Morning!

I call it fate!!! DO IT!
I agree...That's definately fate telling you to go. :)

mainegal
06-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I just paid my credit card that contains the deposit for the podcast cruise.
That makes it very "real"! :cool1:

spaddy
06-24-2009, 03:58 PM
Morning!

That is definitely fate. I think you have to do it.

I wish I would get a free dining code or any code that includes December. I am hoping and checking my email often.:woohoo:

maroo
06-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Morning!

Sounds like an invitation to me!! :goodvibes

When ya gonna sign up?! :confused3

maroo
06-24-2009, 04:50 PM
It is an incredibly hot Wednesday here in Mississippi...

But it did not stop me from doing 17 miles on my bike this morning.

Then lounged around the pool all day!

(Wednesday is my day off from my regular job.)

See you guys in chat tonight! :thumbsup2

winotracy
06-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Morning!

You know where to find me :)

Madi100
06-24-2009, 05:19 PM
Good afternoon all! See you in chat tonight.

A.Mickey
06-24-2009, 07:46 PM
You know where to find me :)

Can we actually request you to be our TA for Disney World trips? Do you really want this? :rolleyes1

winotracy
06-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Can we actually request you to be our TA for Disney World trips? Do you really want this? :rolleyes1

Of course! To both

Disneybridein2k3
06-24-2009, 09:55 PM

How's Morgan handling being at gramp's and away from her BF? :rotfl:

Like I said, we know you guys know how to have a good time :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I brought 2 containers worth and oh they were completely devoured before anyone dived into a store bought choc cake :lmao:

cheers,
Ken said thank you :goodvibes He hoped you didn't think he was a jerk. Morgan is doing well - she is actually at the carnival now with the stupidhead, I mean, boyfriend. But it is better that she spends the summer with my folks supervised ;) than here without anyone watching over her :angel:
From the pictures it looked really great to me.

Usually the only way to get to a dessert party would be to befriend a Disney bride who was planning on hosting one (I wish we could have had one for our Wedding). It seems Disney is branching out a little more with the special events, but then it's an added cost!
DH and I agreed that this was the BEST money we spent during our entire wedding day. If this was available in December, I would most definately book it!

Becx N Gav
06-25-2009, 02:29 AM
I call it fate!!! DO IT!

He's like the little Jiminy Cricket on your shoulder :lmao:

I just paid my credit card that contains the deposit for the podcast cruise.
That makes it very "real"! :cool1:

Yey - more cruisers :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DH and I agreed that this was the BEST money we spent during our entire wedding day. If this was available in December, I would most definately book it!

I am seriously considering a vow renewal in a few years time just so we can have a desert party :cloud9: I would have loved to get married in one of the parks too - I'm hoping this will happen maybe after we've had kids, I know who I'm inviting all you Diser's :grouphug:

Morning all, yey for Thursdays - it's getting really close to the weekend and I should (hopefully) get to see my brother tomorrow night :woohoo: He lives in CA and I haven't seen him since we got married in 2007 :yay:

maiziezoe
06-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Good morning!!! :wave:

I can't sleep. :headache:

winotracy
06-25-2009, 04:37 AM
Good morning!!! :wave:

I can't sleep. :headache:

Good Morning! I was sleeping but the alarm made me get up :headache:

Long day today.

Launchpad11B
06-25-2009, 04:38 AM
Mornin' everyone! Have a great day! :woohoo:

tlcoke
06-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Good Morning Paul, Tracy and everyone! I hope you have a good Thursday!
I am now going out for my morning walk. Boy is it muggy outside.

kymickeyfan717
06-25-2009, 05:37 AM
Morn all - one more day to the weekend...... Have a good day ...:hippie:

starwood
06-25-2009, 05:57 AM
Finally got a day with no rain and the air quality is supposed to be unhealthy. We just can't win in NJ.

jeanigor
06-25-2009, 06:13 AM
Good Morning, everyone! Happy Almost Friday!

Did I miss anything fun and exciting in chat last night?

experiment_627
06-25-2009, 06:20 AM
Morning all.

Hope everyone has a great day!

tlcoke
06-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Good Morning, everyone! Happy Almost Friday!

Did I miss anything fun and exciting in chat last night?

Up until I had to say good night we talked about Ice Cream, Pete's AC and lots of food porn.

mainegal
06-25-2009, 06:27 AM
Good morning,all! :) I think the sun might shine today!

It was not just chat that kept me up to late last night. I was reading cruise trip reports. Looks like fun. I think maybe I will go on a cruise...

jeanigor
06-25-2009, 06:32 AM

It was not just chat that kept me up to late last night. I was reading cruise trip reports. Looks like fun. I think maybe I will go on a cruise...

Maybe someone around here can give you a tip on a good line to cruise on or maybe even a good travel agent.:goodvibes

winotracy
06-25-2009, 06:43 AM
Maybe someone around here can give you a tip on a good line to cruise on or maybe even a good travel agent.:goodvibes

:goodvibes:goodvibes

shellyminnie
06-25-2009, 06:55 AM
Mornin' . . . It's Thursday . .. I'm tired. Nuff said.

dpuck1998
06-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Morning all!

kimisabella
06-25-2009, 07:27 AM
Morning everyone - tomorrow is the last day of school, this year has gone fast and the summer will go by even quicker!

maroo
06-25-2009, 07:57 AM
Good Morning! I was sleeping but the alarm made me get up :headache:

Long day today.

Aw...how sad! You crack me up... "I was sleeping..." :rotfl:

Sorry about your long day.... those darn podcasts... telling EVERYONE to call Tracy! :goodvibes I hope you have a good day anyway!!

You think you will go??!? I simply can not wait! I am so glad I have Disney trips between now and then...or I might just go crazy!

I think I may need to buy a cruise book... because I am clueless and then you add the DIS activities... wow.

:thumbsup2

ADP
06-25-2009, 08:02 AM
Good Morning!

Chat was fun! I hope everyone was able to get their airline reservations successfully booked for DAP, or any other future trip. :surfweb:

Disneybridein2k3
06-25-2009, 08:05 AM
Mornin everyone! Today is my day off for working last Saturday so DD15 and I are heading to the spa for facials and pedicures and then lunch. She has to be at the ice rink by 4:15 and I have a 5:30 hair cut. Don't get all crazy here without me :cool1:

jeanigor
06-25-2009, 08:06 AM
I think I may need to buy a cruise book... because I am clueless and then you add the DIS activities... wow.:thumbsup2

I was a first time cruiser on PCC 1.0. I didn't get a book, I turned to the DIS. I read mostly the cruise forum, and posted (like a madman) on the Official PCC threads. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from getting a book, but I don't think it is a must have necessity.

ADP
06-25-2009, 08:10 AM
Mornin everyone! Today is my day off for working last Saturday so DD15 and I are heading to the spa for facials and pedicures and then lunch. She has to be at the ice rink by 4:15 and I have a 5:30 hair cut. Don't get all crazy here without me :cool1:
Wow! That sounds like a fun day. Have a great time Stacey!

maroo
06-25-2009, 08:11 AM
I was a first time cruiser on PCC 1.0. I didn't get a book, I turned to the DIS. I read mostly the cruise forum, and posted (like a madman) on the Official PCC threads. I wouldn't dissuade anyone from getting a book, but I don't think it is a must have necessity.

So you had never cruised before at all? :confused3

I am just so confused by the basics...and hate to ask such stupid questions all of the time.

Is there a "basics" thread out there somewhere...I have only been able to spend a little time over there...I already have entirely too many threads poping up to read and 3 Disney trips to plan before the cruise...but I can't wait to plan the cruise stuff! :goodvibes

winotracy
06-25-2009, 08:21 AM

I am just so confused by the basics...and hate to ask such stupid questions all of the time.

Is there a "basics" thread out there somewhere...I have only been able to spend a little time over there...I already have entirely too many threads poping up to read and 3 Disney trips to plan before the cruise...but I can't wait to plan the cruise stuff! :goodvibes

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Other people have the same questions you do and I will never tell you that you asked a stupid question :goodvibes

mikelan6
06-25-2009, 08:21 AM

May I suggest you check in the Disney Cruise Line boards and read some people's trip reports. That way, you can see what other have done, how they've done it, etc... And don't worry about asking questions. That's what we're here for ... to make fun of people who ask questions ... just kidding. :goodvibes

jeanigor
06-25-2009, 08:27 AM

Nope, never before the first Podcast Cruise. I felt a little overwhelmed. But anytime I had a question, I asked it. Not only did it help me get an answer, it helped me to get to know my fellow cruisers.

There is a bunch of time (like around 534 days) to get acquainted with what you need to know. And as cliché as it sounds, There are no stupid questions. Chances are if you have a question about it, someone else is thinking it, too.

Going on my first cruise felt like that trust exercise where you fall backwards. I had to trust everyone's answers and explanations--regardless if I could understand what they were talking about. Well, I didn't fall to the ground. No where close. It was just about the easiest thing. I'm not sure about how other cruise lines handle things, but Disney made it quite easy to enjoy the vacation. And the tips and information provided by the podcast crew on there "DCL Cruise Primer" series on the podcast were invaluable resources.

So to recap. Breath. You'll have fun. Ask the questions you have, you aren't alone. Listen to Saint Tracy, she knows a lot of answers. Check out the DCL Cruise Primer Series from the podcast. I believe there are three or four installments, I'll check and edit this post to include links or dates of the shows in which they are included.

February 25, 2009 DCL Primer Part 1 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable129-022509.mp3)
March 4, 2009 DCL Primer Part 2 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable130-030409.mp3)
March 18, 2009 DCL Primer Part 3 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable132-031809.mp3)
March 25, 2009 DCL Primer Part 4 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable133-032509.mp3)

klam_chowder
06-25-2009, 08:30 AM
gooood morrning folks! :wave2:

Hi Karen! Vinny hasn't pulled anyone over in many years :laughing::laughing::laughing: He is in an office and hasn't seen "action" in a looooong time

Yeah, I remember that from the Goofy's party :goodvibes the comment was made about cops, not just cops who pull over innocent lil drivers :angel: :rotfl: Say hi to Vinny :wave:

I should (hopefully) get to see my brother tomorrow night :woohoo: He lives in CA and I haven't seen him since we got married in 2007 :yay:

I have a bro in cali too...reminds me that I haven't seen him for a couple of years either. :sad2: Have a great time catching up, becky. I'm sure there'll be a few of these involved! :drinking1 :drinking1

Up until I had to say good night we talked about Ice Cream, Pete's AC and lots of food porn.

KK/John mentioned too that for DAP they prolly won't get Dolphun rates like they did for PC 1.0 since no commissions were generated off that super sweet rate we got. If i didn't RC someone will correct me :lmao: :lmao:

Makes no difference to me now that I am officially not going to DAP. Not feeling too bad for myself tho cuz a bunch of things happened and medium story is we went to see some local locks and canals with my in-laws, and that coupled with the PC v1.0, made DH think about seeing the grand dame locks of them all. So he told me to go find a Panama Canal cruise! He isn't willing to cruise during hurricane season :scared: so the only dates that work for us are Dec: 15 days on a Princess ship! :woohoo: :woohoo:

Hey, does Morgan figure skate? I'm a pretty big fan - even going to see the Saturday Nite Ice show at Lake Placid over the July 4 w/end. Sounds like a great mother-daughter day!!! :grouphug: to Morgan & Ken! Have a fab time today :cloud9:

cheers,

georgemoe
06-25-2009, 08:32 AM

Check out the DCL Cruise board for basics. The DIS DCL FAQ is a good place to start.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

DVCsince02
06-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I love that my children let me sleep in. :goodvibes

ADP
06-25-2009, 08:56 AM
I love that my children let me sleep in. :goodvibes
Nice! That sounds like the start to a beautiful day! :sunny::sunny::sunny:

kimisabella
06-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Makes no difference to me now that I am officially not going to DAP. Not feeling too bad for myself tho cuz a bunch of things happened and medium story is we went to see some local locks and canals with my in-laws, and that coupled with the PC v1.0, made DH think about seeing the grand dame locks of them all. So he told me to go find a Panama Canal cruise! He isn't willing to cruise during hurricane season :scared: so the only dates that work for us are Dec: 15 days on a Princess ship! :woohoo: :woohoo:

We will definatley miss you guys at DAP!!! That is really cool that you guys are going to the Panama Canal, Vinny really wants to go there... A guy where he works has a house in Panama so he keeps asking Vinny if he wants to go down there with him - not sure if I like him going alone to Panama :eek:

By the way, you need to get on Facebook!

Madi100
06-25-2009, 09:42 AM

1.0 was my very first cruise. I was TERRIFIED to cruise. I hate water. The thought of drowning is just the worse for me. I loved the cruise. The most confusing thing for me was getting on the ship and where to go. I followed Liz (firsttimemom). I don't have any idea where we started, but we ended up at the pool and had lunch. I didn't buy a book. I really didn't go to the cruise forums much. I just asked tons of questions here on the podcast board. I LOVED the cruise. My family LOVED the criuse. DD wants to go on a cruise for her birthday.

jeanigor
06-25-2009, 09:49 AM
1.0 was my very first cruise. I was TERRIFIED to cruise. I hate water. The thought of drowning is just the worse for me. I loved the cruise. The most confusing thing for me was getting on the ship and where to go. I followed Liz (firsttimemom). I don't have any idea where we started, but we ended up at the pool and had lunch. I didn't buy a book. I really didn't go to the cruise forums much. I just asked tons of questions here on the podcast board. I LOVED the cruise. My family LOVED the criuse. DD wants to go on a cruise for her birthday.

Yeah I forgot about that part. Kim (tickledtink33) took us on a tour of the ship, pointing things out. That was extremely helpful.

MenashaCorp
06-25-2009, 12:00 PM

The first step to recovery is being able to admit one has a problem..... ;)

We were 1st time cruisers on PCC 1.0 also, and it went just fine. :goodvibes

tlcoke
06-25-2009, 12:30 PM
First time cruisers on PCC 1.0, what is one thing you wished you knew about prior to departing on the first cruise?

BriarRosie
06-25-2009, 12:31 PM
I have only been on a Disney ship once before, and that was the Magic. You know that it will totally mess with my head to see the same layout and call the areas by the wrong name.

"I am going to Topsiders....I mean Beach Blanket...gah!"

The best part of the cruise for me was gloating a bit internally when I saw the Magic docked or anchored in ports with all the other ships nearby. My gut reaction was, "My ship is prettier than YOUR ship!" And it was so true. The other ships, while I'm sure are gorgeous in their interior spaces, looked really ugly next to the Disney ship. I'm looking forward to that reaction next year. :lovestruc

jeanigor
06-25-2009, 12:40 PM
First time cruisers on PCC 1.0, what is one thing you wished you knew about prior to departing on the first cruise?

I didn't realize that I would have to pass through a security checkpoint like at the airport. I would have packed my carryons a little differently and not have worn any thing metal to the port (like my belt).

dpuck1998
06-25-2009, 12:40 PM
I have only been on a Disney ship once before, and that was the Magic. You know that it will totally mess with my head to see the same layout and call the areas by the wrong name.

"I am going to Topsiders....I mean Beach Blanket...gah!"

The best part of the cruise for me was gloating a bit internally when I saw the Magic docked or anchored in ports with all the other ships nearby. My gut reaction was, "My ship is prettier than YOUR ship!" And it was so true. The other ships, while I'm sure are gorgeous in their interior spaces, looked really ugly next to the Disney ship. I'm looking forward to that reaction next year. :lovestruc

Not to mention we have the coolest horn!

ADP
06-25-2009, 12:42 PM
Sounds like you are "tooting" your own horn! :)

SamIAm21
06-25-2009, 01:00 PM
Well today's podcast scared me! I thought I'd have to at least October to get a quote in, but y'all are just taking over the whole ship. The prices are so reasonable that even if I continue to work at Target, I should be able to have the trip paid off before we sail -- barring anything major happening here at home. I've already lost my job of 20 years, what else can they throw at me right?? I shouldn't ask that...:scared1:

Anyway, my daughter and I will hopefully be joining you on Podcast 2.0!

maroo
06-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Wow!! Thanks everyone! These were all very helpful responses!

Don't be afraid to ask questions. Other people have the same questions you do and I will never tell you that you asked a stupid question :goodvibes

Thanks! :) You may be sorry you said that sometime later... I will let you take it back. ::yes::

May I suggest you check in the Disney Cruise Line boards and read some people's trip reports. That way, you can see what other have done, how they've done it, etc... And don't worry about asking questions. That's what we're here for ... to make fun of people who ask questions ... just kidding. :goodvibes

This is something I will definitely have to do...thankfully I have lots of time!

Nope, never before the first Podcast Cruise. I felt a little overwhelmed. But anytime I had a question, I asked it. Not only did it help me get an answer, it helped me to get to know my fellow cruisers.

There is a bunch of time (like around 534 days) to get acquainted with what you need to know. And as cliché as it sounds, There are no stupid questions. Chances are if you have a question about it, someone else is thinking it, too.

Going on my first cruise felt like that trust exercise where you fall backwards. I had to trust everyone's answers and explanations--regardless if I could understand what they were talking about. Well, I didn't fall to the ground. No where close. It was just about the easiest thing. I'm not sure about how other cruise lines handle things, but Disney made it quite easy to enjoy the vacation. And the tips and information provided by the podcast crew on there "DCL Cruise Primer" series on the podcast were invaluable resources.

So to recap. Breath. You'll have fun. Ask the questions you have, you aren't alone. Listen to Saint Tracy, she knows a lot of answers. Check out the DCL Cruise Primer Series from the podcast. I believe there are three or four installments, I'll check and edit this post to include links or dates of the shows in which they are included.

February 25, 2009 DCL Primer Part 1 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable129-022509.mp3)
March 4, 2009 DCL Primer Part 2 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable130-030409.mp3)
March 18, 2009 DCL Primer Part 3 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable132-031809.mp3)
March 25, 2009 DCL Primer Part 4 (http://www.wdwinfo.com/podcast/roundtable133-032509.mp3)

You know, it is funny, because I listed to each of those DCL Primers...but I never imagined I would go on a cruise...so I didn't take any mental notes. So...I will need to go back and listen to those at some point. Thank you so much for posting them!

I think they need to put these in the FAQ Post on the sticky, too...if they are not already there. This is great, Todd!

Check out the DCL Cruise board for basics. The DIS DCL FAQ is a good place to start.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966

Another fantastic idea! I need to bookmark this whole page so that I can come back to it!

Fortunately, I LOVE the water. I swim a mile just for fun and do triathlons, so the water part doesn't scare me too much. I just like to know what is going on and have a plan. And I want to make the most of this cruise, because it will be a while before I can go again.

Yeah I forgot about that part. Kim (tickledtink33) took us on a tour of the ship, pointing things out. That was extremely helpful.

That is cool...I need a 3D view of the boat at some point... the 2D maps confuse me a little, I think. Once I see some 3D pictures and match them to the 2D maps...I should be good to go.

This is a GREAT question!! I am not sure everyone saw it... I would love to know the answer to this...maybe even as a separate thread on the Cruise board?

I didn't realize that I would have to pass through a security checkpoint like at the airport. I would have packed my carryons a little differently and not have worn any thing metal to the port (like my belt).

Good point!

Well today's podcast scared me! I thought I'd have to at least October to get a quote in, but y'all are just taking over the whole ship. The prices are so reasonable that even if I continue to work at Target, I should be able to have the trip paid off before we sail -- barring anything major happening here at home. I've already lost my job of 20 years, what else can they throw at me right?? I shouldn't ask that...:scared1:

Anyway, my daughter and I will hopefully be joining you on Podcast 2.0!

I say go for it! You have until Sept 2010 to get your money back...so it is basically a relatively small deposit to secure your spot, which you can always give back if something happens in your world where you can't go. But I hope you can come with us!!

And I love Target!! It is on my list to go there when I get off work today. :goodvibes

How old is your daughter, if you don't mind my asking? :confused3

tickledtink33
06-25-2009, 02:29 PM

Glad I could help. On my first cruise I spent a couple of hours walking around the ship trying to acclimate myself to where everything was. I found this helpful and it was very exciting seeing everything for the first time.

tickledtink33
06-25-2009, 02:34 PM

I have been on other cruise ships and while I will agree that the exterier of the Disney ships is very classy and classic compared to the plain exterier of other cruise ships, the interier of all the ships I have been on has been very nice.

DCL does indeed have the coolest horn at sea. LOVE IT!

Madi100
06-25-2009, 02:52 PM

It makes me just a bit teary everytime I hear it. And, them announcing our name almost made me bawl. And, I don't cry.

Becx N Gav
06-25-2009, 03:39 PM

:hug: I'm glad you were fine! I loved the openness of looking out to sea - we're just so crammed in here what with all our castles ;) that you can never normally see that far in the distance (unless you're up a hill or mountain)

Yvet and Emile were our helpful tour guides when boarding :lmao: Otherwise I would have stood in the lobby just looking around :rotfl:

Great thread Todd, I did find that by reading the threads here most of my questions were answered, and the Podcast primers were excellent. There will always be something you forget about or miss but just be glad you're not going with no info :scared1:

tlcoke
06-25-2009, 03:54 PM

I have moved this question to it's own thread.

jeanigor
06-25-2009, 04:00 PM
I have moved this question to it's own thread.

So did I....and even gave you credit for it....

tlcoke
06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Thanks Todd, I. Didn't see your thread until After I posted mine.

sshaw10060
06-25-2009, 08:15 PM
If you are worried about this being your first cruise and being overwhelmed definitely hang out on the cruise board. There is a ton of info over there. The other resource definitely worth the money is Passporter's Guide to DCL. It is a great book. You might want to think about waiting until the 2010 edition is out in a few weeks.

Disneybridein2k3
06-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow! That sounds like a fun day. Have a great time Stacey!

Yeah, I remember that from the Goofy's party :goodvibes the comment was made about cops, not just cops who pull over innocent lil drivers :angel: :rotfl: Say hi to Vinny :wave:

Hey, does Morgan figure skate? I'm a pretty big fan - even going to see the Saturday Nite Ice show at Lake Placid over the July 4 w/end. Sounds like a great mother-daughter day!!! :grouphug: to Morgan & Ken! Have a fab time today :cloud9:

Innocent??? Riiiiiiiight ;) I just have to give you a hard time. You know I love you :hug:
:banana:For the Princess cruise cruise through the Panama Canal!!! That will be awesome!!!
Yup - Morgan has been figure skating since she was 5 (she's 15 now). She does individual competitions but also does sychro skating as well. Her team skates the eastern seaboard. She is going to DE this weekend, in fact.
Today was wonderful! We had time to get hibachi for lunch after our spa day - I wasn't sure if we'd have time before her lesson but it all worked out. And it is great to have just one more day of work before the weekend :woohoo: Ken and Morgan say :wave2:

mainegal
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
It is now past midnight, so it is the next day, Friday.

Can I be the first to say "good morning!"? :goodvibes

Now I am going to sleep!

winotracy
06-26-2009, 04:38 AM
Your post says 11:14 pm on my page ;)

Good Morning Everyone!! Won't be around long today, so have a great weekend!

experiment_627
06-26-2009, 05:00 AM
Morning gang and Happy Friday!

Tracy - Have a great time in Chicago doing "stuff"!! :goodvibes

What is everyone up to this weekend?

tlcoke
06-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Good morning all. Happy Friday!

It is storming here in Louisville this morning. Rolled in about 3 AM. Roads are flooded due to no where for the rain to go due to all the rain we have been having since May 1st. A viaduct tunnel near where I park my car here at work already has at least 8 - 10 feet of water in it and is still rising as the rain hasn't stopped yet. I am hoping the rain will let up here shortly so I can go for a walk outside, but until the lighting stops, I think I will stay inside.

kymickeyfan717
06-26-2009, 05:38 AM
Morn' all from a soggy Louisville. Like Tracey said, it's been raining all night. My Dog hates storms so he decided to keep me awake all last night. Nights like that I have remind myself why I like him.

He gets to sleep all day but I have to try and stay awake at work :confused3 Oh well.

At least it's Friday but I have to work tonight at 10 for a little bit and wake up at 5 am tomorrow to finish - the life of a computer tech who is on-call. Can't complain too much - the job pays for my Disney obession... :)

safetymom
06-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday. My sister and bil are coming to WDW for a visit today!!

OKW Lover
06-26-2009, 05:58 AM
Good morning all.

Working from home today - until mid-afternoon, then its off to the airport. Can you guess where we are headed? :cool1:

jeanigor
06-26-2009, 06:16 AM
It is now past midnight, so it is the next day, Friday.

Can I be the first to say "good morning!"? :goodvibes

Now I am going to sleep!

You post says 12:14am on my computer, so yes it counts. We are in the same time zone as WDW and Pete and the Gang, so yes it counts.

Good Morning Everyone!!! Happy Happy Happy Friday!

Bad weather here yesterday. Golf ball sized hail, massive downpours and tornadoes in the suburbs. Streets flooded, wide spread power outages. Haven't heard of any body being seriously hurt or anything, so that is very good.:thumbsup2

Jeff, can you swing by and pick me up on your way to WDW? Pretty please?

24 weeks from this evening we will be at DAP, DATW!!!!:banana::banana:

Have a great day everyone!!!

tlcoke
06-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Rain has finally stopped, I got my abbreviated walk in relatively dry. Looks like we will have a nice day after all, as the sun is trying to peek out from behind the clouds.

Disneybridein2k3
06-26-2009, 06:23 AM
We are in the same time zone as WDW and Pete and the Gang, so yes it counts.

Good Morning Everyone!!! Happy Happy Happy Friday!

Is that kinda like Kool and the Gang?

Happy Friday, good morning everyone!

mainegal
06-26-2009, 06:28 AM
Seems I slept through a major storm with heavy rain and thunder. That's what I get for staying up past midnight!

Weekend plans are to get ready for vacation next week. Going to Saint Stephen, Saint John, and Campobello in New Brunswick Canada. Hiking and biking and good seafood. Ganong Chocolate tour in Saint Stephen!

Launchpad11B
06-26-2009, 06:33 AM
Good morning all.

Working from home today - until mid-afternoon, then its off to the airport. Can you guess where we are headed? :cool1:

Have a Main Street Bakery Cinnamon bun for me Jeff! :cool1:

shellyminnie
06-26-2009, 07:06 AM
Morning!! I have to help lay wood flooring this weekend. UGH!!

Have fun in Chicago!!

Good morning all.

Have fun in WDW!!!

katscradle
06-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Good morning guys!
Well I am off to catch up, as I have not been into any of the threads for a week now.
I need to get caught up this morning, and then we are off to the cottage for a nice long weekend, we will be back monday night. :)
I hope everyone else has a great weekend.

georgemoe
06-26-2009, 08:15 AM
Good morning everyone. :goodvibes

Have a great weekend and vacations. :cool1:

klam_chowder
06-26-2009, 08:17 AM
TGIF folks! :banana: :banana:

We will definatley miss you guys at DAP!!! That is really cool that you guys are going to the Panama Canal, Vinny really wants to go there... A guy where he works has a house in Panama so he keeps asking Vinny if he wants to go down there with him - not sure if I like him going alone to Panama :eek:

By the way, you need to get on Facebook!

Thx andrea, and ITA!! - I'd think twice about having the boy go alone to Panama :sad2: However a trip for the both of you, now...:rolleyes1

I joined FB a while ago cuz some of my grrls were dogging me about it...but it's such a time suck :scared1: :scared: :faint:

Yup - Morgan has been figure skating since she was 5 (she's 15 now). She does individual competitions but also does sychro skating as well. Her team skates the eastern seaboard. She is going to DE this weekend, in fact.

Great to hear you gals had a fab time :lovestruc morgan is a sweetie! Very cool that she skates. I went to LA last year to watch The Worlds (y'all know what THAT is!) - was amazing. Can't wait for the Olympics! Who's her fave skaters? Good luck to her in DE! :hug:

Jeff & Val, have a fab time at the Mouse's House! pixiedust: Jeff, don't meet any new wives :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Kat & John, ditto for you at your cottage! :beach:

Hope it's clear skies soon for all the stormed on folks :grouphug:

cheers,

DVCsince02
06-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Have a great trip Jeff & Val!

:

UD? It's 10 minutes from my house.:goodvibes

Good morning everyone! Happy Friday. My sister and bil are coming to WDW for a visit today!!

Have fun and say cool!

dpuck1998
06-26-2009, 08:47 AM
AHHH....Fridays in the summer! I love it. Made some banana pancakes and we are watching Prince Caspian.

maroo
06-26-2009, 08:48 AM

Have a good weekend! :) Tell Chicago hi for me!

Good morning all. Happy Friday!

It is storming here in Louisville this morning. Rolled in about 3 AM. Roads are flooded due to no where for the rain to go due to all the rain we have been having since May 1st. A viaduct tunnel near where I park my car here at work already has at least 8 - 10 feet of water in it and is still rising as the rain hasn't stopped yet. I am hoping the rain will let up here shortly so I can go for a walk outside, but until the lighting stops, I think I will stay inside.

I saw that you guys were getting MORE rain - it was actually on our news in MS this morning...because we want some of that rain. Still no rain at my house for a week.

Good morning! Have fun in DISNEY!! I am jealous you guys get to go all the time.

Good morning all.

Have fun in DISNEY!

*breaks into song...*

"Celebrate good times, come on!" :dancer: :rockband: party:

Good morning guys!
Well I am off to catch up, as I have not been into any of the threads for a week now.
I need to get caught up this morning, and then we are off to the cottage for a nice long weekend, we will be back monday night. :)
I hope everyone else has a great weekend.

Aw... I want to go to a cottage for the weekend. :cloud9: Have a great time! :goodvibes

ADP
06-26-2009, 08:52 AM
Good morning all.

Have a great time Jeff. Give Donald a high five for me.

This maybe silly, but I love Kool and the Gang!

katscradle
06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
Have a good weekend! :)
Aw... I want to go to a cottage for the weekend. :cloud9: Have a great time! :goodvibes

Just let us know when you would like to come!
The guest room is already ready for the first guests of the season. :thumbsup2

Launchpad11B
06-26-2009, 08:55 AM
AHHH....Fridays in the summer! I love it. Made some banana pancakes and we are watching Prince Caspian.

Have a great time Jeff. Give Donald a high five for me.

Mornin' fellas! :goodvibes

ADP
06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
Mornin' fellas! :goodvibes
Hey Paul! Alicia and I played some Uno on Facebook last night. Pretty fun.

Launchpad11B
06-26-2009, 09:00 AM

She told me. She's pretty tired this morning! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Dodie
06-26-2009, 09:10 AM
I know I'm late, but good morning everyone!

We don't have big plans this weekend. I think Phillip and Greta are going to do some search and rescue training on Saturday. I'll probably wash my new car and clean it up properly - as the dealership sure didn't do a good job when they delivered it. We'll probably hit the local cruising spot on Saturday night so I can show off my new baby to my "car friends" (not to be confused with my computernut friends). Can't think of much else.

Anyway --- :wave2: all!

georgemoe
06-26-2009, 09:17 AM

Even without the KATG admission, you are silly. :rotfl2:

Hi Aaron :wave2: :)

dpuck1998
06-26-2009, 09:18 AM

She told me. She's pretty tired this morning! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yea, She and Aaron kept me up too late also. I should have gone to bed when I said I was going. I then stayed up and couldn't go to sleep. It was fun however.

ADP
06-26-2009, 09:37 AM
Even without the KATG admission, you are silly. :rotfl2:

Hi Aaron :wave2: :)
Hey George! Too many silly pills I guess. You guys tend to bring out the silly in me. :)

tlcoke
06-26-2009, 11:04 AM
Have a good weekend! :)
I saw that you guys were getting MORE rain - it was actually on our news in MS this morning...because we want some of that rain. Still no rain at my house for a week.

Mary,
I would love to send you some of our rain, but it is not cooperating.
I managed to go out an walk this morning, and I walked past a manhole cover that had been popped up due to the sewers couldn't hold the water at the peak of the storm. You could hear the fast rushing sound of the water coming from inside the manhole. Every additional rain we get, causes a Flash Flood Warning, because the land is overly soaked and the rivers & streams are full.

tickledtink33
06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Good afternoon

I am going to Freeport Maine with my mom for 4th of July weekend. Gotta get packed and make some decisions on what we are going to do up there.

Have fun at WDW Jeff & Val.

Enjoy your weekend at the cottage Kat & John.

maroo
06-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Mary,
I would love to send you some of our rain, but it is not cooperating.
I managed to go out an walk this morning, and I walked past a manhole cover that had been popped up due to the sewers couldn't hold the water at the peak of the storm. You could hear the fast rushing sound of the water coming from inside the manhole. Every additional rain we get, causes a Flash Flood Warning, because the land is overly soaked and the rivers & streams are full.

Oh well!! Thanks for trying!

But remind me sometime when I am not at work to tell you guys my manhole story. :sad2: and :lmao:

scarlett873
06-26-2009, 04:20 PM
:wave2: Just popping in to say hello!

dpuck1998
06-26-2009, 04:28 PM
:wave2: Just popping in to say hello!

Hi Princess!

sshaw10060
06-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Good afternoon

I am going to Freeport Maine with my mom for 4th of July weekend. Gotta get packed and make some decisions on what we are going to do up there.

Have fun at WDW Jeff & Val.

Enjoy your weekend at the cottage Kat & John.

Be sure to have fun at the Harakeeset Lobster Co. It's our favorite. You are brave to go there over the holiday weekend. I plan to be safely in my own living room 2 hours south.

A.Mickey
06-26-2009, 10:15 PM
I would LOVE to play a game of Uno with anyone from FB, I either haven't figured out how to do it yet, or my friends aren't in the lobby the same time I am :confused3

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Jason and I will have a busy weekend/week. This time always is!
We are heading to the Kohl's Children's Museum in the AM for a special thing about bugs. Then heading over to a restaurant to meet with a friend, hanging out for a while. Maybe going to Taste of Chicago tomorrow night and Navy Pier to see Elevation (a U2 tribute band) they are really good.

On Sunday we will be going to Taste of Chicago with Aaron and the MIL. We have to spend the 300 tickets! Mind you most of the things we get are 3 tickets and they are equivalent in size to the items you would find at food and wine festival! 100 taste portions! I can usually eat 10 and I am stuffed to the gills! Can anyone say :sick:.
In the evening we are going to head over to Long Grove Strawberry Festival. It is kind of tradition now, Aaron has been every year since he was born. We get his picture taken in the same spot every year :).

BriarRosie
06-27-2009, 12:54 AM
I would LOVE to play a game of Uno with anyone from FB, I either haven't figured out how to do it yet, or my friends aren't in the lobby the same time I am :confused3

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Jason and I will have a busy weekend/week. This time always is!
We are heading to the Kohl's Children's Museum in the AM for a special thing about bugs. Then heading over to a restaurant to meet with a friend, hanging out for a while. Maybe going to Taste of Chicago tomorrow night and Navy Pier to see Elevation (a U2 tribute band) they are really good.

On Sunday we will be going to Taste of Chicago with Aaron and the MIL. We have to spend the 300 tickets! Mind you most of the things we get are 3 tickets and they are equivalent in size to the items you would find at food and wine festival! 100 taste portions! I can usually eat 10 and I am stuffed to the gills! Can anyone say :sick:.
In the evening we are going to head over to Long Grove Strawberry Festival. It is kind of tradition now, Aaron has been every year since he was born. We get his picture taken in the same spot every year :).

Would you believe I've never been to Taste of Chicago? But I have been to Long Grove. I love it there.

jeanigor
06-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Just wanted to say good morning!!! Even on the left coast, its morning!!!

Happy Saturday!

76 weeks and 1 day until we have some more Fun on a Boat!!!!

winotracy
06-27-2009, 06:20 AM
Good Morning everyone! It's a tad too early for me today. Oh well, big plans so might as well be ready for the day!

A.Mickey
06-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Would you believe I've never been to Taste of Chicago? But I have been to Long Grove. I love it there.

WOW!!:scared1:

How long have you lived in Chicago?!?!

You gotta go! If you do go, I highly suggest going 1st thing in the morning, 11 am. It gets really crowded!!

tiggerbell
06-27-2009, 07:30 AM
Then heading over to a restaurant to meet with a friend, hanging out for a while.

Forget my name?

Mary Jo
06-27-2009, 01:32 PM
Dropping in to say hey to everyone.

HEY! :wave:

Me, too. :)

Just wanted to say good morning!!! Even on the left coast, its morning!!!

Happy Saturday!

76 weeks and 1 day until we have some more Fun on a Boat!!!!

That sounds so much better than a year & a half, which is what my daughter & I were talking about on our way to Disneyland, where I dropped her off to go play with her friends. Now I'm back home again. ::: sigh :::

tlcoke
06-27-2009, 05:05 PM
WOW!!:scared1:

How long have you lived in Chicago?!?!

You gotta go! If you do go, I highly suggest going 1st thing in the morning, 11 am. It gets really crowded!!

I did Taste of Chicago back in 1985 on the Fourth of July. It was when I was working at a Girl Scout Camp, just outside of Michigan City, a group of us traveled over for the day. We got to see the Commodores and Glenn Fry (He is known for some of the songs used in Miami Vice) in concert on the lawn in Grant Park.

rtobe
06-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Hi everyone :wave2: exciting weekend here :laundy:

I remember Taste of Chicago when I lived there. Was great fun.

Madi100
06-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Good evening everyone. I had a great night with my friends tonight. I was thinking of you Dodie and Todd. We went to a martini bar, and my friend ordered a dirty martini. No one has ever told her how yucky they are!

maroo
06-27-2009, 10:41 PM
Dirty martini even sounds gross? :confused3

I am bored. Not much going on around the boards tonight.

But I am heading to bed. Night, all!! :wave2:

jeanigor
06-28-2009, 03:24 AM
That sounds so much better than a year & a half, which is what my daughter & I were talking about on our way to Disneyland, where I dropped her off to go play with her friends. Now I'm back home again. ::: sigh :::

Oh...they hardships of driving to Disneyland for your DD's playdates. Woe is you.:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

mainegal
06-28-2009, 05:18 AM
Good Sunday morning, all! I think it is going to rain again...

winotracy
06-28-2009, 07:04 AM
Things were going great yesterday. Walk down by the lake shore, Taste of Chicago, fabulous dinner and off to Mary Poppins. Chance of rain but we never got caught in it.

The show started, it was wonderful! We had excellent seats, couldn't have asked for any better. All of a sudden a couple microphones weren't turned on at the right time and we saw a stagehand come into view on the right side. The loud speaker in the theater then came on and a voice said due to some technical issues they were going to bring down the curtain to fix things. 15 minutes or so later we got an update that they were have some automation issues and were still working on it. About 15 minutes more, the theater lights came on completely and the stage manager and Mary Poppins came out on the stage. He told us this was the part of the job that he didn't enjoy and indicated the show was canceled. We made our way out of the theater and guess what? It started to rain!

Oh well, all in all it was a great day. I wish we could have seen the show, it will only be here two more weeks though.

Now this morning it appears as though my cell phone is dead. Don't know why it would be but it will be a long day if it is.

Launchpad11B
06-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Mornin' Tracy. Here's a hug for you. :hug:

dpuck1998
06-28-2009, 07:46 AM
Sorry to hear that Tracey, go to the Disney Store! That always brightens my day!

Disneybridein2k3
06-28-2009, 08:16 AM
So sorry to hear about the troubles Tracy! And good seats and all :mad: Well, it sounds like you had the right attitude about it though.

We went an O's game last night - weather was perfect, seats were insanely good, no rain ;) (no Mary Poppins either) but the husband and wife in front of us were taunting the team like maybe their heckling would make them play better? Or maybe the O's would take their advice on how to play - like they were just waiting for that one fan to come in and offer that outstanding piece of advice for the :idea: moment and then they could play better! Good grief! I kept the beer guy busy; I really like that guy.

georgemoe
06-28-2009, 08:25 AM
Good morning everyone! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about the show and your cell phone Tracy. :sad1: Sounds like you are still having a great time. :)

Yesterday was beautiful until we had the biblical rains. There was a chance for some sun and 70's today but it is drizzly right now and has been for the last hour. I'm smoking some pork butts (also known as Boston butts) for pulled pork sandwiches.
http://www.cfs.purdue.edu/Class/F&N202/Pork_slides/pork_cuts.jpg

Burgers, dogs, and brauts, for those who prefer that. My daughter and family, my mom and dad, and Deb's mom and sis are coming over. It feels like I've been up all day. Had to start the butts around 7:00 but it took me forever to get the charcoal started. Hopefully they will be done at 3:00 when company is expected.

winotracy
06-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Happy Birthdays to....

George and Emiel!!!!

ADP
06-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Sorry to hear about the troubles Tracy. I'm sure a little shopping on Michigan Ave can help you forget about what happened.

Happy Birthday to George and Emiel!

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/images/h/happy_birthday_mickey-1545.gif

DVCsince02
06-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Did you know how easy it is to put someone on your ignore list? I'm just sayin'

Annette_VA
06-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Did you know how easy it is to put someone on your ignore list? I'm just sayin'

It really is easy!:thumbsup2

Madi100
06-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Sorry to hear about that, Tracy :( If Chicago is half as nice weatherwise today as Muscatine, you should have a beautiful day today.

Madi100
06-28-2009, 09:54 AM
I think it should be allowed that the members of this community can sign a petition to make it so other members are no longer allowed to be part of this community.

tlcoke
06-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Tracy, Sorry to hear about the problems with the performance. The weather front has already passed Chicago, it appears as you will have good weather today.

:bday:Happy Birthday George & Emiel!:bday:

sshaw10060
06-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Good morning everyone! :goodvibes

Sorry to hear about the show and your cell phone Tracy. :sad1: Sounds like you are still having a great time. :)

Yesterday was beautiful until we had the biblical rains. There was a chance for some sun and 70's today but it is drizzly right now and has been for the last hour. I'm smoking some pork butts (also known as Boston butts) for pulled pork sandwiches.
http://www.cfs.purdue.edu/Class/F&N202/Pork_slides/pork_cuts.jpg

Burgers, dogs, and brauts, for those who prefer that. My daughter and family, my mom and dad, and Deb's mom and sis are coming over. It feels like I've been up all day. Had to start the butts around 7:00 but it took me forever to get the charcoal started. Hopefully they will be done at 3:00 when company is expected.

A man after my own heart. I just bought 20 racks of spareribs on sale for $1 a pound. There being frozen until the annual Shaw family Oink Cackle and Moo Barbecue in August. Basically we invite everyone we know to stop by have a drink and eat barbecue. It may be my favorite day of the year.

sshaw10060
06-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Double Post

calypso*a*go-go
06-28-2009, 10:46 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE & EMIEL !!!
http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/f2/f25c59172e743c26d8007ccb7e0bda05.gif

dpuck1998
06-28-2009, 10:58 AM
Did you know how easy it is to put someone on your ignor list? I'm just sayin'

Did anyone know there was an "e" in ignore ;) Just say'en!

I'm surprised it took you this long to ignore me! :rolleyes1

SamIAm21
06-28-2009, 11:01 AM
Things were going great yesterday. Walk down by the lake shore, Taste of Chicago, fabulous dinner and off to Mary Poppins. Chance of rain but we never got caught in it.

The show started, it was wonderful! We had excellent seats, couldn't have asked for any better. All of a sudden a couple microphones weren't turned on at the right time and we saw a stagehand come into view on the right side. The loud speaker in the theater then came on and a voice said due to some technical issues they were going to bring down the curtain to fix things. 15 minutes or so later we got an update that they were have some automation issues and were still working on it. About 15 minutes more, the theater lights came on completely and the stage manager and Mary Poppins came out on the stage. He told us this was the part of the job that he didn't enjoy and indicated the show was canceled. We made our way out of the theater and guess what? It started to rain!

Oh well, all in all it was a great day. I wish we could have seen the show, it will only be here two more weeks though.

Now this morning it appears as though my cell phone is dead. Don't know why it would be but it will be a long day if it is.

ACCCK! Tracy, I am so sorry that Mary Poppins was canceled. We are scheduled to see Mary Poppins this evening! :eek: I pray they have everything worked out!

Sorry about your cellphone too! There are a ton of phone shops downtown though. Hopefully, one will be able to help you out! I hope you are enjoying the weather today! This weather is perfection! Not a trace of humidity. It was so nice, I slept in til 9:15 this morning. No airconditioning needed! This is the time of year is when Chicago shines brightest! January... not so much!

Also folks, if I haven't mentioned it yet, I am booked on PCC 2.0 with my daughter. I am not going to mention it to her though for quite some time. It's just too far away for her to wait all that time. She was also very disappointed that we weren't able to go on PCC 1.0. So, keep you fingers crossed that we can be there! Life can be quirky!

ADP
06-28-2009, 11:02 AM

I think she was just abbreviating the word "ignorant". At least that is what I'm going with.

dpuck1998
06-28-2009, 11:04 AM
I think she was just abbreviating the word "ignorant". At least that is what I'm going with.

You looking to score wife #2? After the beat down I gave her and two of the other wives in Uno, they might need someone to comfort them :rotfl2:

scarlett873
06-28-2009, 12:30 PM

That ice is looking pretty thin right about now...

Just sayin'...:rolleyes1

Tonya2426
06-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Okay, I missed why we are wanting to ignore "him" (again) - someone PM :rolleyes1

Launchpad11B
06-28-2009, 01:13 PM
Okay, I missed why we are wanting to ignore "him" (again) - someone PM :rolleyes1

Me too. DITTO what DIS wife Tonya said. PM please!

winotracy
06-28-2009, 01:26 PM

cocowum
06-28-2009, 01:32 PM
You looking to score wife #2? After the beat down I gave her and two of the other wives in Uno, they might need someone to comfort them :rotfl2:

What are you talking about??? We whipped your butt! :cool2:

DVCsince02
06-28-2009, 01:46 PM

You are correct. In my frustrated moment, I didn't read my post very well.

In your dreams!

::yes::::yes::::yes::

maroo
06-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Good afternoon everyone! :)

You guys having a happy Sunday? :confused3 I think I am going to the pool for a little while this afternoon to cool off.

Tracy - Sorry you had an issue with the show. Were you able to get a refund?

Hope everyone else has an awesome day! :goodvibes

Madi100
06-28-2009, 05:00 PM
I was this close today to getting a Blackberry. But, I would have to pay $500, and I just can't justify that when we can get them fom $60 and both get one come February. Maybe I'll look for a used one.

Dodie
06-28-2009, 06:21 PM
Good evening everyone. I had a great night with my friends tonight. I was thinking of you Dodie and Todd. We went to a martini bar, and my friend ordered a dirty martini. No one has ever told her how yucky they are!

So, did you tell her what you thought it tasted like? Of course, I mean olives! That's what YOU meant, right?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Madi100
06-28-2009, 06:28 PM
So, did you tell her what you thought it tasted like? Of course, I mean olives! That's what YOU meant, right?

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Exactly. We discussed it in great detail, as a matter of fact. The drink was passed around the table.

georgemoe
06-28-2009, 06:57 PM
A man after my own heart. I just bought 20 racks of spareribs on sale for $1 a pound. There being frozen until the annual Shaw family Oink Cackle and Moo Barbecue in August. Basically we invite everyone we know to stop by have a drink and eat barbecue. It may be my favorite day of the year.

I need the name of your butcher! :)

mainegal
06-28-2009, 08:46 PM
Okay, fellow podcast cruisers.

I am going on vacation for a week. :cool1: I will be in New Brunswick, Canada. Please make it stop raining to we can bike and hike.

I want you all to behave and and be nice together. Only post things that are not important so I don't have to go back and read everything!

Be back in a week!

tlcoke
06-28-2009, 08:54 PM

I am going on vacation for a week. :cool1: I will be in New Brunswick, Canada. Please make it stop raining to we can bike and hike.

I want you all to behave and and be nice together. Only post things that are not important so I don't have to go back and read everything!

Be back in a week!

Have a good time! Hopefully the Front that went through here today, will get to you tomorrow and dry out the northeast. We have no rain in our forecast for several days this week.

dpuck1998
06-28-2009, 08:59 PM

You are correct. In my frustrated moment, I didn't read my post very well.

In your dreams!

::yes::::yes::::yes::

Me and three women....getting my butt whipped...I'll accept that! :rolleyes1

jeanigor
06-28-2009, 09:01 PM
Who has the stick? I need it to gouge out my eyes!!!!! AAAAACK!!!!!!

BriarRosie
06-28-2009, 09:19 PM

Be back in a week!

Have fun, Lyn! We'll miss you. :hug:

Becx N Gav
06-29-2009, 04:23 AM
Morning all, another week has begun but at least we're getting near July.

It's a scorcher here today :banana:

safetymom
06-29-2009, 04:29 AM
Good morning everyone! My son and daughter in law are coming for a visit later this week. Yippee!!

tlcoke
06-29-2009, 05:00 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope you have a Happy Monday! 4 Day Work Week - Woo Hoo!:woohoo:

tlcoke
06-29-2009, 05:01 AM
Good morning everyone! My son and daughter in law are coming for a visit later this week. Yippee!!

Kathy, I hope you have a good visit with them.

Renysmom
06-29-2009, 05:04 AM
Happy Monday everyone... Let's hope we don't have a repeat of last week with all the bad news (out of the entertainment world).

After a great weekend I get to look forward to a short work week. I've taken Thursday off work and with Friday as a holiday, it will be all good. So today is my Wednesday :cool1: :cool1:

Enjoy, stay cool, it's 96 here today

Disneybridein2k3
06-29-2009, 05:48 AM
Mornin. Mondays suck. I'm trying to look for the bright side and the only one I could find is that I woke up. Anyone got anything else? And I don't want any of this 4 day work week stuff from Don.

jeanigor
06-29-2009, 06:08 AM
Good Morning! Mondays are kinda lousy, but at least the birds were chirping away and the sunrise was beautiful!

Don't know if I have a four day work week or not. Depends on how the boss feels. Last year we only worked a day and a half the week of the 4th of July.

kymickeyfan717
06-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Morn' all - hope all have a good week. At least it's a short one for some. I get to work at home this week. Even though I'm on call and can get called at anytime for computer issues - it's nice to be able to work in the creature confines of my house. of course - I will sneak in a little :happytv:

experiment_627
06-29-2009, 06:35 AM
Morning all.

I am up and at work, but that's about it. Our system was down for the first half hour, so I need to get crackin' now.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!