PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 11:13 AM
I have no desire to go to France. James would. I don't think they care for us much.

I'd love to visit all the countries my ancestors are from. I wonder if during that time, I would figure out why they left...:scratchin

winotracy
06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
I have no desire to go to France. James would. I don't think they care for us much.

That's what we thought before we went on the Med cruise in 2007. We loved France!!! I didn't care for Italy. I would love to go back to France, though not sure if I want to go to Paris. Southern France was wonderful.

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Sadly George, I have to care about France because I nned to work with several plants there.

As soon as I walk out of the office however, France does not exist!

By the way, Good Morning!

Good afternoon Kathy. :goodvibes

Now if it were in Spain, Senor Jorge would be all over it. :laughing:

::yes::

guynwdm
06-17-2009, 11:52 AM
That's what we thought before we went on the Med cruise in 2007. We loved France!!! I didn't care for Italy. I would love to go back to France, though not sure if I want to go to Paris. Southern France was wonderful.

Tracy just wondering how hard it is to get to DLP from Barcelona. Was thinking about seeing the park before flying back to the US from the cruise.

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 11:54 AM
I had no intention of starting a "Hate France Day". It's just not on my bucket list.

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 11:58 AM
Tracy just wondering how hard it is to get to DLP from Barcelona. Was thinking about seeing the park before flying back to the US from the cruise.

Yvette? Emeil? Bexs? Gav? Kate? Reid? Jackie? Any other European DISer that I may have forgotten?

They may have a tish more insight on EuroRail than the fabulous AskTracy.

guynwdm
06-17-2009, 12:00 PM
::yes::[/QUOTE]

Now if it were in Spain, Senor Jorge would be all over it. :laughing:

And well if it were in Norway, George might be in even bigger trouble....
:rotfl2::rotfl2:

winotracy
06-17-2009, 12:03 PM

It was quite a long train ride as I recall. Something like 12-14 hours on the rail. I know some people looked at flying between the two, but the big problem is the weight limits on European carriers.

Yvette? Emeil? Bexs? Gav? Kate? Reid? Jackie? Any other European DISer that I may have forgotten?

You are working hard at making my bad list today, aren't you Todd?

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM
You are working hard at making my bad list today, aren't you Todd?

Honestly I wasn't!!! I was trying to get someone from across the pond to answer, so you wouldn't have to. Cross my heart!

experiment_627
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Holy cats! I have a staff meeting, go to lunch, and you guys turn into Chatty Cathy on me. The one day I am not bored and checking in every 15 minutes. :laughing:

kab407
06-17-2009, 12:16 PM
I am booked at OKW for DAP!!!! Going 12/9-15/09 Feels good to get a few more days out of the annual pass. Woo Hoo :yay::banana::banana::banana::yay:

YEA ROB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 12:22 PM

DIS-A-Paloosa is turning into a great big family reunion!:):)

winotracy
06-17-2009, 12:23 PM
I am booked at OKW for DAP!!!! Going 12/9-15/09 Feels good to get a few more days out of the annual pass. Woo Hoo :yay::banana::banana::banana::yay:

I just booked SSR for 12/10-12/14, waitlisted for BWV though. :woohoo::woohoo:

Renysmom
06-17-2009, 12:24 PM
I might be the only person on this board that doesn't care about France or Disneyland Paris. :scared1: Must be a misfit or something.

I don't care about either... I just want to go to DisneyLAND one day :)

Renysmom
06-17-2009, 12:26 PM
15 years ago today we sat in a bar and watched the OJ chase on the big screen TV. Anyone remember that?

Wow it was 15 years ago.. part of me thinks that it happened much longer ago, and another part is like, that just happened. Must be a sure sign I am getting old :rotfl:

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 12:36 PM

:thumbsup2

ADP
06-17-2009, 12:38 PM

DIS-A-Paloosa is turning into a great big family reunion!:):)

Excellent! Isn't it amazing how fast the DVC rooms book up the first 2 weeks of December. It certainly is a busy time of year for DVC.

sshaw10060
06-17-2009, 01:16 PM

I agree with Tracy. Southern France is amazing. Italy so-so. That being said everyone should have the opportunity to visit all of these places.

- scott

kab407
06-17-2009, 01:17 PM

Hmmmm.......

I wonder who else will be at SSR that same time?????

:idea:

Dodie, Deb, George and myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

A little pre-DATW cocktail at the Turf Club perhaps????

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Hmmmm.......

:sad::sad::sad:

tiggerbell
06-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Todd, we'll get you a drink at the pool bar on the way to EPCOT... princess:

kab407
06-17-2009, 01:26 PM

Come on over!

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 01:29 PM

Come on over!

Decisions....decisions!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 01:30 PM
Hmmmm.......

You sure your not my DIS-wife? :love:

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 01:37 PM

The cougar hunts all.:rolleyes:

kab407
06-17-2009, 01:38 PM

Could be........

Multiple wives
Multiple husbands

There are no rules in DIS Polygamy!

Dodie
06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Hmmmm.......

The cougar hunts all.:rolleyes:

Could be........

Multiple wives
Multiple husbands

There are no rules is DIS Polygamy!

Thanks you guys. This banter has made my crummy, busy day at work much brighter. The banter and the fact that we're all going to DAP (and thus, DATW) in December!

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks you guys. This banter has made my crummy, busy day at work much brighter. The banter and the fact that we're all going to DAP (and thus, DATW) in December!

Woo Hoo!! And Chat tonight!

kab407
06-17-2009, 02:52 PM

Glad to help!!!!

and

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: DAP & DATW :woohoo::woohoo:

shellyminnie
06-17-2009, 02:55 PM
Could be........

Multiple wives
Multiple husbands

There are no rules in DIS Polygamy!

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Ain't that the truth!!

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I will let you know. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I have an upcoming trip planned to WDW. So, this time I'll be able to post pics while in the parks via Facebook and maybe even right to the DIS.

DH is all up to date now - took him ages to do the final bit tho hence I'm now catching up, hopefully before the thread gets locked :scared:

so I can finally get back to :disrocks:

i'll have to catch up on the threads :surfweb:

wanted to first pop in and say morning all! :wave2:

cheers,
:flower3:

Yey, glad to have you back and that you survived - hope you have a spare couple of days to catch up :lmao:

I noticed this too. Way to plan ahead Katherine...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I wonder what sort of rate you get 100 + years out :rotfl2:

Very excited Alicia! I can't wait to get it. I've wanted one for some time, but waited because of the possibility of a new phone announcement at the WWDC; which happened a few weeks ago. My only fear is I'll like it so much I'll never stop using it. Kim may have to pry it from my hands! ;)

iPhone widow here, and Mario Cart and Guitar Hero (although I do like GH World Tour as I can sing too)

I have to agree with Shelly. DP is always on his. Texting, IMing, GPSing something, playing with a new app, or a bazillion other things. At dinner, at the mall, in the car. EVERYWHERE.

I think I may need to start a support group for the spouses/partners of iPhone users. We get neglected because of the technology.

I'm in :grouphug:

Never fear...

I found it last night. ::yes::

And even resisted the urge to comment and thus bump it back to page 1. It is still buried in the belly of the DIS. :rolleyes1 But I definitely enjoyed the pics! As did Lauren, her Mom, her Dad, her brother...even her cat.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!! I am off to camp for the day!

It is 9 AM and already a heat index of 94. Looks like it is going to be a scorcher!

Have a great day, guys (and gals!) :goodvibes

Isn't that the funniest story :thumbsup2

Hope you have a great day :yay:

I shall not start a posting war!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

But I will say that I AM going to DAP!!!! Its official!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Yey, more drunken fun - can't wait to read all about it :dance3:

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:16 PM
I've started applying to several places, but no call backs yet. I've even applied at Aaron's place of business! But I just did that the other day so I don't expect a call back just yet on that one...:thumbsup2

I keep thinking about just going down to the mall and doing something in retail, but I really don't want to work those kinds of hours right now. I'd be ok working nights and weekends if it was a job where I worked from home, but not out there in the working world if I can help it. :scared1:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Brandie :hug: You'll get something and it seems these things come along at just the right time, it's just a shame you don't know the 'right time' until it's gone!

Welcome back! If I had to spend 3 weeks with my in-laws, I would run away from home.

Crikey - 3 weeks with my parents would give me sleepless nights - you're a saint :angel:

Morning all!

It's FINALLY the last day of school here. I'm so happy. I love having my Mac-a-doodle here during the day.

Question about the iPhone. Is an iTouch the same thing as an iPhone but without the ability to make a call? Can an iTouch go online and download the same apps as the iPhone? Is it WiFi? Will I need a contract through AT&T?

I was wondering this too - I may get one as my next MP3 player, but Sony are doing something similar - hmmmm. I have to say the iPhone/Pod software seems much easier than Sony's (Sonic Stage) it was ok but after a few versions it doesn't even let me upload songs onto my MP3 player :headache:

I'd like to go to Disneyland Paris......

Yey - Dis meet at DLRP - we're in :dance3::dance3::yay::yay::dance3::dance3:

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:24 PM
:goodvibes

Woo hoo!!!! I'm the first one on page 100 on the first podcast 2.0 thread!! Yippee!!!!!

Congrats :cool1:

I might be the only person on this board that doesn't care about France or Disneyland Paris. :scared1: Must be a misfit or something.

http://www.rankinbass.com/images/charlieinthebox.jpg

It's not that good really compared to WDW - shhh don't tell Pete tho as we want them to come over ;)

Nope...you're not alone! I'd like to see it once...just to say i've been there, but in no hurry to do so. I've got tons of other destinations on my list that i'd rather see first...I used to be obsessed with France and want to do Paris, but it's kind of one of those places that i'm in no hurry to see.

Not a big fan of France (only been to Northern areas really) I think it's coz it's so close - like doing tourist attractions in your local area.

No idea! I'm sure flying would be much quicker, that's the only way we'd do it. I think there would be a lot of changes and then if you miss a train you could be stuck :eek:

I don't care about either... I just want to go to DisneyLAND one day :)

:thumbsup2

maroo
06-17-2009, 03:25 PM
iPhone widow here, and Mario Cart and Guitar Hero (although I do like GH World Tour as I can sing too)

Ever played Mario Galaxy? I love that game! :goodvibes

Isn't that the funniest story :thumbsup2

Hope you have a great day :yay:

It was hilarious!! I had a great day so far! Just got back from camp...and talk about HOT :furious: ... good grief! Heat index here in Mississippi is 113F. I am going to melt. It is only June!

You guys have been burning up the DIS over here!

What is "chat"... I have heard references to "chat tonight"... what is that? Sorry for the stupid newbie questions.

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Ever played Mario Galaxy? I love that game! :goodvibes

It was hilarious!! I had a great day so far! Just got back from camp...and talk about HOT :furious: ... good grief! Heat index here in Mississippi is 113F. I am going to melt. It is only June!

You guys have been burning up the DIS over here!

What is "chat"... I have heard references to "chat tonight"... what is that? Sorry for the stupid newbie questions.

We do have Mario Galaxy, I got stuck on a level tho and we got other games that kind of took over :rotfl:

I can't believe how quick it's going, you'll have to get used to this I was never able to keep up :scared:

Chat is an online chat room - there's a link in the purple (top) bar at the top of the page - the same one the search is in - not able to make it as I'll be fast asleep :sad1:

Now the wait until this thread is closed and everyone tries to get on the first page of the new thread :surfweb:

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 03:33 PM
What is "chat"... I have heard references to "chat tonight"... what is that? Sorry for the stupid newbie questions.Every Wednesday is Podcast chat night on the DIS! If you look in that bar where it says User CP...right next to it is a chat button. Click on that and it'll take you to the chat room! Beware...it flies by once we all get going, but it's so much fun!! Come join us! I believe it starts at 8:45pm officially, but it's usually open earlier than that...

maroo
We do have Mario Galaxy, I got stuck on a level tho and we got other games that kind of took over :rotfl:

I can't believe how quick it's going, you'll have to get used to this I was never able to keep up :scared:

Chat is an online chat room - there's a link in the purple (top) bar at the top of the page - the same one the search is in - not able to make it as I'll be fast asleep :sad1:

Now the wait until this thread is closed and everyone tries to get on the first page of the new thread :surfweb:

Can I chat anytime? Or is there a certain time? You said you would be asleep? Oh...you are from the UK. I am catching on. I am one of those snobs that think EVERYONE is from the USA. :lmao: (not really)

Becx N Gav
User Name Posts
jeanigor 107
georgemoe 81
Becx N Gav 72
ADP 64
kab407 62
dpuck1998 59
Launchpad11B 58
winotracy 57
shellyminnie 56
Disneybridein2k3 53

Woo hoo - my first cruise thread where I make the top 10 :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::c heer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

maroo
06-17-2009, 03:34 PM
User Name Posts
jeanigor 107
georgemoe 81
Becx N Gav 72
ADP 64
kab407 62
dpuck1998 59
Launchpad11B 58
winotracy 57
shellyminnie 56
Disneybridein2k3 53

Woo hoo - my first cruise thread where I make the top 10 :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::c heer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

You guys are so funny!

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
User Name Posts
jeanigor 107
georgemoe 81
Becx N Gav 72
ADP 64
kab407 62
dpuck1998 59
Launchpad11B 58
winotracy 57
shellyminnie 56
Disneybridein2k3 53

Wow...how pathetic...I was the 2nd chattiest person for PCC 1.0 and i'm not even in the top ten for this one yet! :scared1:

Must...get...busy...:thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:37 PM
Can I chat anytime? Or is there a certain time? You said you would be asleep? Oh...you are from the UK. I am catching on. I am one of those snobs that think EVERYONE is from the USA. :lmao: (not really)

What Brandie said! There is also a sticky on the main Podcast board with the scehdule!

No worries, you can't hear my accent ;) and believe me I'd love to be on your time zone :lovestruc one day we will be a couple of hours from Disney no idea when but if you believe something hard enough it happens - doesn't it ?:confused3

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Wow...how pathetic...I was the 2nd chattiest person for PCC 1.0 and i'm not even in the top ten for this one yet! :scared1:

You have had other (dare I say more important) things on your mind :hug: you can call this a warm up :rotfl:

maroo
06-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Every Wednesday is Podcast chat night on the DIS! If you look in that bar where it says User CP...right next to it is a chat button. Click on that and it'll take you to the chat room! Beware...it flies by once we all get going, but it's so much fun!! Come join us! I believe it starts at 8:45pm officially, but it's usually open earlier than that...

I assume this is all EST times? Right?

Oh...I must be there!! How in the world have I missed out on all of THIS?!? And I call myself a DISer!

What Brandie said! There is also a sticky on the main Podcast board with the scehdule!

No worries, you can't hear my accent ;) and believe me I'd love to be on your time zone :lovestruc one day we will be a couple of hours from Disney no idea when but if you believe something hard enough it happens - doesn't it ?:confused3

I am a little glad you can't hear my accent. This Southern draw would you have all making fun of me. :rotfl:

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 03:40 PM

No worries, you can't hear my accent ;) and believe me I'd love to be on your time zone :lovestruc one day we will be a couple of hours from Disney no idea when but if you believe something hard enough it happens - doesn't it ?:confused3When I picture the future, I get an image of DH and I living in Florida! I know it's an eventual goal of mine to move to Florida, just not sure when or where yet...:thumbsup2

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 03:42 PM

Oh...I must be there!! How in the world have I missed out on all of THIS?!? And I call myself a DISer!

I am a little glad you can't hear my accent. This Southern draw would you have all making fun of me. :rotfl:Yep...EST! Hope to see you there!!

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:45 PM

I am a little glad you can't hear my accent. This Southern draw would you have all making fun of me. :rotfl:

Oh I love a southern accent (American ;))

Hope you make it through chat ok, from what I've heard it's more of a spectator sport (at least if you type as slowly as me!)

When I picture the future, I get an image of DH and I living in Florida! I know it's an eventual goal of mine to move to Florida, just not sure when or where yet...:thumbsup2

You never know we may be neighbours :rotfl:

I do hope you make it though, not sure if I could adjust to the heat but I would put up with it to be so close to Disney :cloud9:

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:46 PM
Not closed yet :surfweb:

winotracy
06-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Not closed yet :surfweb:

This one is a long ways from being closed. Isn't it like 250 pages?

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:47 PM
I bet they'll do it just after I go to bed :headache:

Stupid Grenwich mean time :P

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:50 PM
This one is a long ways from being closed. Isn't it like 250 pages?

Oooops my bad :blush:

You can tell I wasn't paying much attention to the other PCC threads as I was always 100 pages behind :rotfl:

This was a test folks and you can now return to your normal schedule - thanks for your patience ;)

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 03:50 PM

Here is the schedule Maroo. It is only open certain times and is moderated.

Trans-Atlantic Chat
Sunday 7:00-8:00p.m. UK time (2:00-3:00p.m. eastern)
Hosts: Kevin, Goofyish

DVC Chat
Sunday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Hosts: KarenNY, iluvdisney
Resorts Chat
Monday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Resorts Chat
Host: TLinden16

Trip Planning Chat
Tuesday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Hosts: TLinden16

Podcast Chat
Wednesday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Hosts: Podcast Team

Disney Food Chat
Thursday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Hosts: Pumbaa_, KarenNY

Disney Cruise Chat
Friday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Party Night Chat
Saturday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Host: Danny1649

You can access the chat room by clicking on the word chat on the toolbar near the top of the page. Your regular DIS password and user name will get you into the chat room.

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:54 PM
Here is the schedule Maroo. It is only open certain times and is moderated.

Trans-Atlantic Chat
Sunday 7:00-8:00p.m. UK time (2:00-3:00p.m. eastern)
Hosts: Kevin, Goofyish

DVC Chat
Sunday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Resorts Chat
Monday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Resorts Chat
Host: TLinden16

Trip Planning Chat
Tuesday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Hosts: TLinden16

Podcast Chat
Wednesday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Hosts: Podcast Team

Disney Food Chat
Thursday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Hosts: Pumbaa_, KarenNY

Disney Cruise Chat
Friday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Party Night Chat
Saturday 9:00-10:00p.m. eastern
Host: Danny1649

You can access the chat room by clicking on the word chat on the toolbar near the top of the page. Your regular DIS password and user name will get you into the chat room.

I really should participate in the Trans Atlantic chat, will set a reminder :thumbsup2

Madi100
06-17-2009, 04:28 PM

I hear ya. I don't even know if I have registered on that list yet. I'm at the bottom of the bottom.

winotracy
06-17-2009, 04:38 PM
I hear ya. I don't even know if I have registered on that list yet. I'm at the bottom of the bottom.

It's not about quantity, it's about quality.

UrsulasShadow
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM

Exactly.:snooty:

Madi100
06-17-2009, 05:09 PM

yep, and ALLL of mine have been pure, 100% quality posts.

Madi100
06-17-2009, 05:23 PM
When I picture the future, I get an image of DH and I living in Florida! I know it's an eventual goal of mine to move to Florida, just not sure when or where yet...:thumbsup2

We'd like to move to Florida when we retire. Of course, then we'll have grandkids and all that. I guess we'll have to see what life brings. We are quite a ways from retirement. Our anniversary is tomorrow, 15 years, and I asked James how long he'd like to be married (meaning how long he'd like to live, not how many years 'til we call it quits), and we figured I could make it to 80 years of being married and not be 100. I don't think I want quite that many.

Renysmom
06-17-2009, 05:36 PM
We'd like to move to Florida when we retire. Of course, then we'll have grandkids and all that. I guess we'll have to see what life brings. We are quite a ways from retirement. Our anniversary is tomorrow, 15 years, and I asked James how long he'd like to be married (meaning how long he'd like to live, not how many years 'til we call it quits), and we figured I could make it to 80 years of being married and not be 100. I don't think I want quite that many.

John and I want to move to GA in a few years to retire, around the GA/FL border within a few hours of WDW is our target.. That way we can go on weekends easily but not be so close we get burnt out. Plus he loves GA and for some reason not so thrilled with FL

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

maroo
06-17-2009, 05:57 PM
Woo Hoo! Thanks for the info on chat! I hope to be there tonight!

I am off to a church picnic and will hopefully be back chatting tonight! :goodvibes

cocowum
06-17-2009, 06:18 PM

I was thinking the exact same thing!!! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I need to get crackin'! :yay::yay:

Oooops my bad :blush:

You can tell I wasn't paying much attention to the other PCC threads as I was always 100 pages behind :rotfl:

This was a test folks and you can now return to your normal schedule - thanks for your patience ;)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

3guysandagal
06-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Hi all! :wave2:

Well I am finally caught up again. :surfweb:
Kath is out and the computer is mine! All MINE! Bwahahahaha!

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Hi all! :wave2:

Well I am finally caught up again. :surfweb:
Kath is out and the computer is mine! All MINE! Bwahahahaha!

Nice John. I hate behind mega pages.

3guysandagal
06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Nice John. I hate behind mega pages.

I just haven't been keeping up lately, George.
But now that my contract has hit a "break" in its timeline, I can take a little time off.
Now I just have to build that post count up again! (sorry Tracy!:hug:)

A.Mickey
06-17-2009, 09:46 PM
LOL! Hey Karen! Stop with the smilies! I had to edit this post for too many pictures! Just kidding I am a smilie fanatic myself!!

my in-laws were here for a 3 week visit :scared: :scared1: :faint:

they left last nite :worship: :cool1: :cool1: :banana:

so I can finally get back to :disrocks:

i'll have to catch up on the threads :surfweb:

wanted to first pop in and say morning all! :wave2:

cheers,

So Glad you survived and willbe back! :banana:

I have to agree with Shelly. DP is always on his. Texting, IMing, GPSing something, playing with a new app, or a bazillion other things. At dinner, at the mall, in the car. EVERYWHERE.

I think I may need to start a support group for the spouses/partners of iPhone users. We get neglected because of the technology.

Hee hee this reminds me of someone I know :). :surfweb:

I've started applying to several places, but no call backs yet. I've even applied at Aaron's place of business! But I just did that the other day so I don't expect a call back just yet on that one...:thumbsup2

I keep thinking about just going down to the mall and doing something in retail, but I really don't want to work those kinds of hours right now. I'd be ok working nights and weekends if it was a job where I worked from home, but not out there in the working world if I can help it. :scared1:

Hope you find something soon! I know it is coming! :hug:

Morning all!

It's FINALLY the last day of school here. I'm so happy. I love having my Mac-a-doodle here during the day.

Question about the iPhone. Is an iTouch the same thing as an iPhone but without the ability to make a call? Can an iTouch go online and download the same apps as the iPhone? Is it WiFi? Will I need a contract through AT&T?

Mac-a-doodle :rotfl2:.

We have an iTouch, and our button to take you back to the app icons doesn't work as of today :confused3. You can click it of course, but nothing happens. If you do get an iTouch I highly suggest getting the coverage. I finally learned to do this when Aaron started playing with electronics, and broke my camera when I had my back to him.

I am booked at OKW for DAP!!!! Going 12/9-15/09 Feels good to get a few more days out of the annual pass. Woo Hoo :yay::banana::banana::yay:

So happy for you!!!

Can you send a drink to your pal in Illinois? Will be thinking about you guys!

We aren't all going, but glad that most of us are! Can't wait til I get to see most of you all again on PCC 2.0 :yay:

Becx N Gav
06-18-2009, 02:02 AM
Good morning everybody! It's very nice here today and the good weather will hopefully last into the weekend :cool1:

Woo hoo - 2 days left at work :woohoo::woohoo:

SFBayDon
06-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Morning Tracy,
You will be here in a few hours and I am just calling it a night.
Hope you have a good day and that the mail man brings something nice real soon
Don

BeamsofLight
06-18-2009, 03:26 AM
Well, it's still night for me (in fact, I'm still at work), and by the time most everyone else is up, I'll be fast asleep. But I've been wanting to get in on a 'good morning' so..

Good morning, everyone! Hope you have a great Thursday! :flower3:

winotracy
06-18-2009, 04:26 AM
Good morning everyone. Thanks Don :)

Becx N Gav
06-18-2009, 04:58 AM
Morning guys, it's so funny to see the west coasters posting goodnight while I'm at work :lmao:

Hope you have a great time this weekend Don - say Hi to Pete and Walter and Teresa :wave2:

tlcoke
06-18-2009, 05:00 AM
Good Morning everyone. Hope you have a good day. Going out for my morning walk, before it gets too hot and humid to bear being outside.

cocowum
06-18-2009, 05:33 AM
Good Morning everyone. :surfweb: Just wanted to pop in and say hello!!!

BTW: I miss Jen! When is she coming home?

kymickeyfan717
06-18-2009, 05:42 AM
Morn' all - just wanted to say Hi before I'm off to work - one more day to the weekend...:banana:

mainegal
06-18-2009, 06:27 AM
I fear I will never be the first a "good morning" here. So many early birds.

I am SO hoping for a rainy weekend so I can go see Up in 3D at the cheaper matinee price. When it is a nice day with fair weather, I am outside biking or hiking.

experiment_627
06-18-2009, 06:34 AM
Morning folks!

:goodvibes

jeanigor
06-18-2009, 06:42 AM
User Name Posts
jeanigor 107
georgemoe 81
Becx N Gav 72
ADP 64
kab407 62
dpuck1998 59
Launchpad11B 58
winotracy 57
shellyminnie 56
Disneybridein2k3 53

Congrats! Good to see someone new on the list!! (Instead of all us chatty men!)

Didn't you say you were looking for a reason to get up in the morning?:goodvibes:goodvibes

Good Morning all my computernut friends!! I finally finished with the massive project and have :crosses fingers: a smooth rest of the week!

And why can't it be quality and quantity?????:confused3:confused3:confused3

corky441
06-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Good morning Everyone -

It's rainy and gloomy here today - and the weekend doesn't look much better...

But at least I don't have to go out and water everything in the garden.

If it rains this weekend too - think I'll try to get to the show to see Angels & Demons.

georgemoe
06-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Good morning all! :goodvibes

Good Morning everyone. :surfweb: Just wanted to pop in and say hello!!!

BTW: I miss Jen! When is she coming home?

She must be in port now getting ready to disembark. I'm surprised she has not posted already. We all miss Jen. :sad1:

georgemoe
06-18-2009, 07:18 AM

I am SO hoping for a rainy weekend so I can go see Up in 3D at the cheaper matinee price. When it is a nice day with fair weather, I am outside biking or hiking.

You are wishing us MORE RAIN? So you can go see a movie? I don't like this one bit. :rotfl2:

dpuck1998
06-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Good morning all! :goodvibes

She must be in port now getting ready to disembark. I'm surprised she has not posted already. We all miss Jen. :sad1:

Hauling around kids makes it much harder to post I'm sure. I bet she is eating breakfast and getting ready to hit the pavement.

jeanigor
06-18-2009, 07:59 AM
Hauling around kids makes it much harder to post I'm sure. I bet she is eating breakfast and getting ready to hit the pavement.

I would venture dragging her feet. I know I would've stayed on longer if they'd have let me. :sad:

klam_chowder
06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
gooooood mornnning all! :wave2:

We got a new garage door last week but when they opened the box, one of the panels was dented :sad2: so I'm waiting for the installer to come and replace the panel today. He gets to work in the rain - hope there's no thunder for him :scared:

Ditto...I've got too much to do to get DH out the door before I can check in :rotfl2: I don't want a wet w/end but your post reminds me that we should get our bikes tuned up! :goodvibes

cheers,

Madi100
06-18-2009, 08:10 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm off to work this morning. I don't think I'll be there long. We'll see.

Welcome back, Jen!!!! You've been missed.

James is getting off early today, and we are going out on a date. Fifteen years ago his friends and him went to the bar and tried to talk some sense into him. I'm glad he didn't listen.

Annette_VA
06-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Dang, Todd - you trying to compete w/ Dodie for most countdowns? :rotfl:

winotracy
06-18-2009, 08:12 AM
Good morning everyone! I'm off to work this morning. I don't think I'll be there long. We'll see.

James is getting off early today, and we are going out on a date. Fifteen years ago his friends and him went to the bar and tried to talk some sense into him. I'm glad he didn't listen.

Happy Anniversary Nicole!!

kab407
06-18-2009, 08:18 AM
Morning all from rainy NJ :sad1:

Happy Anniversary Nicole. Glad that James did not give into peer pressure.

I hope Jen, Chris and the kids had a great time. They should be getting kicked off about now.

Ok - I have work to do. Catch up later.

firsttimemom
06-18-2009, 08:21 AM

AWWWWW!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!:woohoo::woohoo:

jeanigor
06-18-2009, 08:28 AM

I'm not competitive.....:goodvibes

maroo
06-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave2:

I enjoyed getting to chat with a few of y'all last night! :goodvibes Next time I will try to be on time! :thumbsup2

It is another really hot day here in MS and we could use rain...so if you guys want to send some on down, that would be great! :rotfl:

I actually have work to do this morning...so I better get going! Have an awesome day! Friday is coming!

ADP
06-18-2009, 08:36 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave: It's raining again! Yuck!

Chat was fun last night. It's raining at Bethpage State Park so I bet our friend Paul is getting wet. I hope he can stay dry.

Todd...I'm glad you will be able to make DAP. December is going to be a blast!

tlcoke
06-18-2009, 08:41 AM

It's raining here today, so that means you should have rain this weekend...:rotfl: Enjoy the movie.

shellyminnie
06-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Good Morning!!!

Happy Anniversary Nicole!!!!

Welcome Back Jen!!!!

Chat was fun as always. Kevin had me cracking up but then again he always does. I can't wait to see everyone one again!!! I miss you guys :(

Dodie
06-18-2009, 08:42 AM

:blush:

Ditto Nicole! Hope you have a great date night!:flower3:

georgemoe
06-18-2009, 08:55 AM
http://www.funtalking.com/images/nacho_jack2.jpg

georgemoe
06-18-2009, 08:57 AM
:cheer2:Happy Anniversary Nicole and James:cheer2:

jeanigor
06-18-2009, 08:59 AM

Is this your fearless sidekick, Señor Jorge?

ADP
06-18-2009, 09:03 AM
Happy Anniversary Nicole and James!

http://www.devilgraphics.com/happy-anniversary/2.jpg

Becx N Gav
06-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Happy anniversary Nicole and James - where is the date? Will there be candles :love:

Hope you have a great evening :thumbsup2

mainegal
06-18-2009, 09:21 AM
You are wishing us MORE RAIN? So you can go see a movie? I don't like this one bit. :rotfl2:

Sorry.

If I wasn't saving money to go on the podcast cruise, I would spend the extra money go to the movie Up in the dark of the night. While the weather is good, I need to be outside. Past several weekends have been good weather. I need rain to justify seeing a movie during the day.

Otherwise.... I wish for a summer full of sunny weekends and rain on workdays.

georgemoe
06-18-2009, 09:47 AM
Is this your fearless sidekick, Señor Jorge?

No not at all. You had to have been in chat last night. Next time be there. :banana:

winotracy
06-18-2009, 09:55 AM
No not at all. You had to have been in chat last night. Next time be there. :banana:

I was there but don't understand. :confused3

Annette_VA
06-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Good Morning!!!

Welcome Back Jen!!!!

Chat was fun as always. Kevin had me cracking up but then again he always does. I can't wait to see everyone one again!!! I miss you guys :(

The tassel talk was hilarious!

scarlett873
06-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Happy Anniversary Nicole & James!!

shellyminnie
06-18-2009, 10:09 AM

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

The tassel talk was hilarious!

The tassel talk had me :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

calypso*a*go-go
06-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Happy Anniversary Nicole and James!!!

georgemoe
06-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I was there but don't understand. :confused3

It all started with Kevin and the unitard. :lmao:

Madi100
06-18-2009, 11:16 AM

Happy Anniversary Nicole. Glad that James did not give into peer pressure.
Me too! We have one of those marriages that was never going to make it. I am gladly proving them all wrong.

AWWWWW!!!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!:woohoo::woohoo:

(

Ditto Nicole! Hope you have a great date night!:flower3:

:cheer2:Happy Anniversary Nicole and James:cheer2:

Happy Anniversary Nicole and James!

http://www.devilgraphics.com/happy-anniversary/2.jpg

Happy anniversary Nicole and James - where is the date? Will there be candles :love:

Hope you have a great evening :thumbsup2

I can guarantee there will not be flowers, candles, or mushy stuff.

Happy Anniversary Nicole & James!!

Happy Anniversary Nicole and James!!!

Thanks for all of the anniversary wishes! You have all brightened my day! Thanks for caring.

kimisabella
06-18-2009, 11:51 AM
I can guarantee there will not be flowers, candles, or mushy stuff.

What??? That's the best part! Have a great anniversary.

georgemoe
06-18-2009, 11:54 AM

There she is! The birthday girl. Happy Birthday Andrea. :bday:

kimisabella
06-18-2009, 12:05 PM
There she is! The birthday girl. Happy Birthday Andrea. :bday:

Oh, thanks George!! Although I think I'm at the stage where I'm not looking forward to them anymore :)

On another note, poor Paul - it has been POURING here, and supposed to continue through the weekend, I hope he doesn't have to be outside this whole time!!!!

maiziezoe
06-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Mac-a-doodle :rotfl2:.

We have an iTouch, and our button to take you back to the app icons doesn't work as of today :confused3. You can click it of course, but nothing happens. If you do get an iTouch I highly suggest getting the coverage. I finally learned to do this when Aaron started playing with electronics, and broke my camera when I had my back to him.

Thanks for the tip, Shanan. :hug: I have an iPod Classic that is only 18 months old... Tom had it engraved for me. I just don't know if I am ready to replace it for sentimental reasons. But I love the iTouch applications.

Happy Anniversary, Nicole and James!!!

Happy Anniversary, Andrea. I hope you have a nice day!

Becx N Gav
06-18-2009, 12:47 PM
Oh, thanks George!! Although I think I'm at the stage where I'm not looking forward to them anymore :)

On another note, poor Paul - it has been POURING here, and supposed to continue through the weekend, I hope he doesn't have to be outside this whole time!!!!

Have a wonderful birthday pixiedust:pixiedust:

Jen has posted on Facebook to say they were on their way to BWV and her parents got a free upgrade to Poly concierge :woohoo::woohoo:

maroo
06-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Ok...So I am new to this party...

How in the world do you guys know anniversary and birthdays for everyone? :confused3

Happy Anniversary, Nicole! :love:

Happy Birthday, Andrea! :cake:

winotracy
06-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Ok...So I am new to this party...

How in the world do you guys know anniversary and birthdays for everyone? :confused3

Happy Anniversary, Nicole! :love:

Nicole because she was talking about it yesterday. Andrea from Facebook.

calypso*a*go-go
06-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Happy Birthday Andrea !!!

experiment_627
06-18-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm kinda late today...been actually working since this morning. ;)

Happy Anniversary, Nicole! :lovestruc

Madi100
06-18-2009, 01:39 PM
Happy Birthday, Andrea. I'll always be able to remember your birthday :)

Launchpad11B
06-18-2009, 02:31 PM

Happy Birthday, Andrea. I'll always be able to remember your birthday :)

Happy birthday DIS wife! :hug:

Happy anniversary Nicole and James. :goodvibes

kab407
06-18-2009, 03:10 PM

HAppy Birthday Andrea!!!! :)

Hope Vinnie and the girls are taking you out to dinner.

kimisabella
06-18-2009, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone :grouphug:

Happy birthday DIS wife! :hug:

You want to know something funny - my "real" husband hasn't even called me yet to wish me a happy birthday!!! He had to leave the house today at 5:00a.m. because he had an all day diversity training session with Al Sharpton at the Apollo theater in Manhattan. He usually calls me several times a day, so, I know that he must not be in a good mood :eek:....

kab407
06-18-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone :grouphug:

You want to know something funny - my "real" husband hasn't even called me yet to wish me a happy birthday!!! He had to leave the house today at 5:00a.m. because he had an all day diversity training session with Al Sharpton at the Apollo theater in Manhattan. He usually calls me several times a day, so, I know that he must not be in a good mood :eek:....

Poor Vinnie! That man is going to need a drink! Or two....

Launchpad11B
06-18-2009, 03:49 PM
all day diversity training session with Al Sharpton at the Apollo theater in Manhattan.

That guy's a joke. :sad2: I'd rather stand around in the rain all day. Oh wait....I did. :headache:

winotracy
06-18-2009, 03:52 PM
That guy's a joke. :sad2: I'd rather stand around in the rain all day. Oh wait....I did. :headache:

:sad2::hug:

kab407
06-18-2009, 03:54 PM

Paul, I knew there was a reason why you were my DIS Husband! :hug:

Launchpad11B
06-18-2009, 03:56 PM
:sad2::hug:

Hi Tracy! :hug:

Paul, I knew there was a reason why you were my DIS Husband! :hug:

Hi Kathy! :hug:

kimisabella
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM

Please, don't even get me started on him... just the thought of having to hear his big mouth all day gives me a headache

dpuck1998
06-18-2009, 05:05 PM
Please, don't even get me started on him... just the thought of having to hear his big mouth all day gives me a headache

::yes::

shellyminnie
06-18-2009, 05:09 PM

I can't stand him!!! He makes all these speeches but really has nothing to say!! :mad:

firsttimemom
06-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Although I think I'm at the stage where I'm not looking forward to them anymore :)

WHAT??

I'm of the opinion that ones birthday is on par with a national holiday! Back when I worked (outside the home) I almost always took the day off.

Now go out there and CELEBRATE!!!

And ick on the Al sharpton event. Sorry for your DH.

cocowum
06-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Happy Birthday Andrea!!! :cheer2: and Happy anniversary Nicole!! :cheer2::cheer2:

BeamsofLight
06-18-2009, 07:26 PM
Good evening all. Any exciting Thursday night plans out there? I keep thinking it's Friday - such a let down every time I remember. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday, Andrea! Happy Anniversary, Nicole! :flower3:

SFBayDon
06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Exciting plans here.......pack suit case for Disneyland flight tomorrow and backstage tour on Saturday. I am way tooo excited again.
Don
:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:

BeamsofLight
06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Oooh, that's so cool! Lucky duck! Definitely exciting!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

maroo
06-18-2009, 07:47 PM
Good evening all. Any exciting Thursday night plans out there? I keep thinking it's Friday - such a let down every time I remember. :rolleyes:

No real exciting plans except packing for a weekend trip...

But I thought it was MONDAY earlier at work and I thought my co-workers were going to kill me.... "No! It's Thursday!"

And tomorrow is FRIDAY! :cool1:

ADP
06-18-2009, 08:19 PM
Happy Birthday Andrea!!!
:bday:

UrsulasShadow
06-18-2009, 08:31 PM
Happy Birthday, Andrea! Happy Anniversarying, Nicole!

A.Mickey
06-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Happy Anniversary, Nicole!!! :love:

Happy Birthday, Andrea!! :banana:
No real exciting plans except packing for a weekend trip...

But I thought it was MONDAY earlier at work and I thought my co-workers were going to kill me.... "No! It's Thursday!"

And tomorrow is FRIDAY! :cool1:

Where are you going on your weekend trip? :confused:

maroo
06-18-2009, 09:04 PM
Where are you going on your weekend trip? :confused:

Nashville, TN!

Taking my friend Lauren (pictured below) for a trip including swimming, shopping, and some DIS meets!

The purpose of the trip is to meet a DISer that I have been talking to for months on the DIS, email, blog and via Skype. We will meet in person for the first time to plan some of a girls trip we are planning for Sept 2010! :goodvibes

If anyone is going to be in Nashville this weekend, PM me...we have a DIS meet at the Rainforest Cafe and everyone is invited! It has been organized in the last day or so! :goodvibes I am really excited!

The DIS has really enhanced my world and it is really cool to meet some more of the real people behind the "curtain" of the DISboards!

Thanks for asking!!! :)

klam_chowder
06-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Happy Anni Nicole! :love2:

Andrea, :bday:

Have fab trips Don & Maroo! :wave2:

Almost FRIDAY folks! pixiedust:

cheers,

PS. Shanan - see I'm doing better only 5 smilies :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

katscradle
06-18-2009, 10:59 PM

Nicole & James
Happy Anniversary!
Hope you had a great day.

katscradle
06-18-2009, 11:04 PM

Just wanted to say Happy Birthday Andrea. :bday::bday:
I know i'm late...

katscradle
06-18-2009, 11:05 PM

Welcome back! :)

Becx N Gav
06-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Morning everybody

IT'S FRIDAY WOO HOO

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::w oohoo::woohoo:

dpuck1998
06-19-2009, 03:48 AM
Morning all, its 4:45 and we have a wicked thunderstorm so I'm up with the girls watching Mythbusters while it passes. Wonder if I will go back to bed?

Launchpad11B
06-19-2009, 04:07 AM
Mornin' Tracy and all my DIS peeps!! :goodvibes Happy Friday! :yay:

winotracy
06-19-2009, 04:37 AM
Good Morning Paul, Don, everyone! TGIF!!!!

Paul, hope you get some sunshine today (or at least no rain).

Don, that storm was here at 11:45 last night waking me up. You know how you can count the seconds between the lightening and the thunder to know how close the storm is? At one time they were happening the exact same time :eek: I hate storms, especially at night. Still some rumbling this morning, but at a distance. We got 2 1/2 inches of rain overnight :scared1:

tlcoke
06-19-2009, 05:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone!. Those storms look wicked on the radar Don, they are expected to bring us Severe Weather sometime Tonight. Hope you get some sleep.

cocowum
06-19-2009, 05:30 AM
Exciting plans here.......pack suit case for Disneyland flight tomorrow and backstage tour on Saturday. I am way tooo excited again.
Don
:cool1::banana::woohoo::yay::dance3::cheer2:
Have a great trip Don!!!:flower3:
Morning all, its 4:45 and we have a wicked thunderstorm so I'm up with the girls watching Mythbusters while it passes. Wonder if I will go back to bed?

Mornin' Tracy and all my DIS peeps!! :goodvibes Happy Friday! :yay:

Good Morning Paul, Don, everyone! TGIF!!!!

Paul, hope you get some sunshine today (or at least no rain).

Don, that storm was here at 11:45 last night waking me up. You know how you can count the seconds between the lightening and the thunder to know how close the storm is? At one time they were happening the exact same time :eek: I hate storms, especially at night. Still some rumbling this morning, but at a distance. We got 2 1/2 inches of rain overnight :scared1:

Good Morning. Happy Friday!:banana:It stormed all night! What crummy weather! :umbrella:

Don't feel bad for Paul because "If it ain't rainin', He ain't trainin'!" :teeth:

kymickeyfan717
06-19-2009, 05:37 AM
Morn' all. So happy it's Friday - that means my new toy (iPhone 3Gs) is being delivered today - Just checked the tracking - it's in Louisville - supposed to be here by 3. It's going to be so hard to work today knowing it's waiting for me.....:rotfl::woohoo::woohoo:

mainegal
06-19-2009, 06:07 AM
Good morning from Maine!
The birds are chirping through the heavy rain.

I got up early (for me) and went to the pool at 5:15 and swam for 45 minutes!

This weekend, I WILL goto see Up, finally!

jeanigor
06-19-2009, 06:36 AM
Morning all! The thunderstorms rolled through here about the same time as my alarm was going off, so Mother Nature must have wanted to make sure that I got up for work on time!

Went and saw UP last night after dinner with a dear friend.

How can I say it and not sound like a fool? Eh..you already know me. I was pretty much sobbing. I did have to keep it down as there were about three dozen tweens and teens within earshot. They'll cry at it one day, too. When they don't have to look cool in front of their friends.

I found it very entertaining and beautifully done. We saw it in 3D and decided that regular would have been fine. But we got some nifty souvenirs!

experiment_627
06-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Morning folksies! TGIF!! :woohoo:

I hope everyone traveling this weekend has a great time and nice weather! Sounds like we are all getting pelted with storms.

Stephan is getting inked tomorrow afternoon and then we are grilling steaks and having drinks (Thunderbirds and wine, of course) with one of my oldest and dearest friends. She and I have been friends since 3rd grade and no matter where we are (we've lived in separate states since jr. high), we have always remained close. She comes "home" twice a year, and we always make a point to get together. She is one of those people you can go without seeing for months and just pick right back up where you left off like it was yesterday. :goodvibes

Sunday, I am going to spend the day with my dad and grandpa.

I think it is going to be a full but great weekend for the Nava's! I hope everyone else's will be the same!! :hug:

Dodie
06-19-2009, 07:22 AM
Good morning everyone and TGIF!!! :banana:

Tonight Aaron (ADP)and Kim, Chris (crazydisneyman) and Kim, Brandie (scarlett873) and Matt, and I are getting together for dinner and drinks. I'm sure we'll end up calling someone from the bar or at least posting a couple of pictures somewhere.

Unfortunately, Phillip will miss out on this get-together. He is headed out with Greta (our youngest German Shepherd) on a volunteer search and recovery mission this weekend over in Illinois. (I really hope they find something and bring that particular family some closure.)

I've decided to take some vacation time this afternoon because I have a million things to do and don't want to waste my entire weekend doing them.

So...Who's up for a drunk dial this evening and do we have your phone number? ;)

:wave2:

kimisabella
06-19-2009, 07:33 AM

Tonight Aaron (ADP)and Kim, Chris (crazydisneyman) and Kim, Brandie (scarlett873) and Matt, and I are getting together for dinner and drinks. I'm sure we'll end up calling someone from the bar or at least posting a couple of pictures somewhere.

Unfortunately, Phillip will miss out on this get-together. He is headed out with Greta (our youngest German Shepherd) on a volunteer search and recovery mission this weekend over in Illinois. (I really hope they find something and bring that particular family some closure.)

I've decided to take some vacation time this afternoon because I have a million things to do and don't want to waste my entire weekend doing them.

So...Who's up for a drunk dial this evening and do we have your phone number? ;)

Sounds like so much fun Dodie - have a great time!!!!
You must be very proud of Phillip and Greta, what a great thing they are doing, that is really wonderful.

Annette_VA
06-19-2009, 07:34 AM

:rotfl:

I can't wait to hear all the details! I bet y'all are going to have a blast.:drinking1

jeanigor
06-19-2009, 07:37 AM

I think I might have changed my phone number......:happytv::happytv::happytv:

shellyminnie
06-19-2009, 07:37 AM

Have fun tonight!!!!

Chris and Brandie should have my number ;)

kimisabella
06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
TGIF everyone - thanks again to everyone who posted birthday wishes, you guys are the best :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

This weekend is very busy for me - tomorrow is my sisters big bacherlorette party. Part I is all day tomorrow, about 10 of us are going to a spa for massage, facial, mani/pedi, makeup and blowout.... Then Part II is tomorrow night, we are going out to a club. That part I can do without - I haven't been to a club in about 6 years - since my other sisters bachelorette party, but, since I am the matron of honor, I think I have to go.

Sunday is Father's Day and we are having a big picnic w/alot of people down at the beach, but, not sure that the weather is going to cooperate with that one!

winotracy
06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
I think I might have changed my phone number......:happytv::happytv::happytv:

I was thinking I hope they don't know mine :lmao::lmao:

kab407
06-19-2009, 07:45 AM

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

klam_chowder
06-19-2009, 07:46 AM
TGIF folks! :cool1:

I found it very entertaining and beautifully done. We saw it in 3D and decided that regular would have been fine. But we got some nifty souvenirs!

Good tidbit - thx Todd. DH loves IMAX, super stereo, etc. but doesn't prefer 3D so maybe we'll see it sans 3D next wk.

I think it is going to be a full but great weekend for the Nava's! I hope everyone else's will be the same!! :hug:

This weekend is very busy for me - tomorrow is my sisters big bacherlorette party. Part I is all day tomorrow, about 10 of us are going to a spa for massage, facial, mani/pedi, makeup and blowout.... Then Part II is tomorrow night, we are going out to a club. That part I can do without - I haven't been to a club in about 6 years - since my other sisters bachelorette party, but, since I am the matron of honor, I think I have to go. Sunday is Father's Day and we are having a big picnic w/alot of people down at the beach, but, not sure that the weather is going to cooperate with that one!

Sounds like good times - enjoy! :banana:

He is headed out with Greta (our youngest German Shepherd) on a volunteer search and recovery mission this weekend over in Illinois. (I really hope they find something and bring that particular family some closure.)

How wonderful of your DH & Greta - hope it goes well. Have a fab time at din tonite with the bunch :dance3:

cheers,

ADP
06-19-2009, 07:59 AM
Morning Everyone!

A BIG TGIF to all of you! :)

The local Indy Mafia (local 673) is getting together tonight for important discussions about DAP. Expect the limos to pull up at a secret location around 6:45PM. ;)

We'll see you Pie-Zons there! :grouphug:

kab407
06-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Morning Everyone!

A BIG TGIF to all of you! :)

The local Indy Mafia (local 673) is getting together tonight for important discussions about DAP. Expect the limos to pull up at a secret location around 6:45PM. ;)

We'll see you Pie-Zons there! :grouphug:

I hope the will be significant discussions on allowing Romeo into, "da family".:rotfl2:

jeanigor
06-19-2009, 08:28 AM
I hope the will be significant discussions on allowing Romeo into, "da family".:rotfl2:

Don ADP, I am honored and grateful that you have invited me to your city. I will have to send my consiglieri, for I have family business to which I must see.

shellyminnie
06-19-2009, 08:48 AM
I was thinking I hope they don't know mine :lmao::lmao:

I know it!! ;)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

katscradle
06-19-2009, 09:08 AM
Hi Guys!
I will not be sticking around today.
I am off to the gym for a couple of hours and then packing so we can head for the cottage for the weekend. :yay:

Dodie hope Phillip finds what he needs to this weekend.
You take care and have fun.
Those meeting for dinner and drinks have fun and don't get into too much trouble. I know they won't be drunk dialing Canada! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
To everyone else have a great weekend.
I will probably check back in later this afternoon, before we head north. :thumbsup2

maroo
06-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Wow...

First...to all of you guys drowning in all of the rain up north - I hope you dry out soon! And try to stay away from that lightning! :scared1:

Todd - glad you enjoyed UP! I still need to go see it! I should really try to do that soon!

And...help the Innocent One out here... What in the world is a drunk dial?!?! Do I even want to know? Probably not. But I am pretty sure no one here has my phone number...oh, wait...except Tracy. :eek:

Tracy...please keep my phone number a secret from the drunk dial folks. :laughing:

Dodie...how sad?!? I hope, too, that you guys are able to bring closure to that family. :sad1: Best of luck to you guys!

I am working for a few more hours and then heading out for the long drive to Nashville! Then a weekend full of shopping (Disney Store!! :woohoo:) and DIS meets!! I am really excited! :yay:

Happy Friday, everyone!!!!! :cool1:

ADP
06-19-2009, 10:42 AM
My first post on the DIS with my new IPhone!!! Woo!!

kab407
06-19-2009, 10:43 AM
:)Wow...

And...help the Innocent One out here... What in the world is a drunk dial?!?! Do I even want to know? Probably not. But I am pretty sure no one here has my phone number...oh, wait...except Tracy. :eek:

Tracy...please keep my phone number a secret from the drunk dial folks. :laughing:

Drunk dialing is just what it sounds to be.

A group of DISers get together for a few cocktails and decide to call other DISers to say hello. :rotfl:

The most common victm of drunk dialing is Pete via the Podcast voice mail line. Mindy did get called during the May DATW adventure. That won't be happening in Dec though! :)

Who will be drunked dialed tonight......:confused3:confused3:confused3

kab407
06-19-2009, 10:44 AM

:woohoo::woohoo: Aaron!

I have iPhone and Kindle envy, big time.

jeanigor
06-19-2009, 10:50 AM

party:

Me too. My flip phone feels real insecure now.

klam_chowder
06-19-2009, 11:25 AM

party:

Congrats Aaron! :thumbsup2 So is the 3G really all that?! :confused3

DH is gunning for me to get one (cuz he knows i :love: it) but I don't know if i can justify the extra cost. My razr's quaking a bit too, TT! :lmao:

cheers,

ADP
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM

party:

DH is gunning for me to get one (cuz he knows i :love: it) but I don't know if i can justify the extra cost. My razr's quaking a bit too, TT! :lmao:

cheers,

Thanks Gang! It does appear twice as fast than the 3G. It loads pretty quick. My brother has a 3G so I'm able to compare them.

shellyminnie
06-19-2009, 12:42 PM

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Me three. :sad2:

tickledtink33
06-19-2009, 01:04 PM

Have a good time

tickledtink33
06-19-2009, 01:12 PM

cheers,

I've had my Iphone for about 2 months and I really like it. I checked in for my Southwest flight while in Disneyland Park. And of course enjoyed using Facebook during my whole Disneyland trip. :) No 3Gs for me. I will upgrade to whatever model is out when I am eligible in say, 18 months. lol

OKW Lover
06-19-2009, 04:08 PM

How can I say it and not sound like a fool? Eh..you already know me. I was pretty much sobbing. I did have to keep it down as there were about three dozen tweens and teens within earshot. They'll cry at it one day, too. When they don't have to look cool in front of their friends.

That was our reaction too Todd. Wonderful movie. We saw it in :3dglasses and enjoyed that (including all the previews and the short) but agree that the movie itself can be enjoyed quite nicely in plain 2D.

Congratulations Aaron. Welcome to the club.

kymickeyfan717
06-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I love my 3Gs. I had the 2g version of the iPhone and I can say - the 3Gs is much faster. It's my new fav toy....

sshaw10060
06-19-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow...

First...to all of you guys drowning in all of the rain up north - I hope you dry out soon! And try to stay away from that lightning! :scared1:

Todd - glad you enjoyed UP! I still need to go see it! I should really try to do that soon!

Dodie...how sad?!? I hope, too, that you guys are able to bring closure to that family. :sad1: Best of luck to you guys!

I am working for a few more hours and then heading out for the long drive to Nashville! Then a weekend full of shopping (Disney Store!! :woohoo:) and DIS meets!! I am really excited! :yay:

Happy Friday, everyone!!!!! :cool1:

I once attempted to drunk dial my wife (then my girlfriend) and my friends intervened by hiding the phones. The only problem was that the next morning no one remembered where they were. It tool me three days to find them in the back of the fridge behind the lettuce:rotfl2:

dpuck1998
06-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Morning all! The thunderstorms rolled through here about the same time as my alarm was going off, so Mother Nature must have wanted to make sure that I got up for work on time!

Never fear, even some of us "tough guys" might have teared up a little....MIGHT! Although I'm not admitting to anything, but I hear Paul cried like a baby!!

A.Mickey
06-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Nashville, TN!

Taking my friend Lauren (pictured below) for a trip including swimming, shopping, and some DIS meets!

The purpose of the trip is to meet a DISer that I have been talking to for months on the DIS, email, blog and via Skype. We will meet in person for the first time to plan some of a girls trip we are planning for Sept 2010!

If anyone is going to be in Nashville this weekend, PM me...we have a DIS meet at the Rainforest Cafe and everyone is invited! It has been organized in the last day or so! I am really excited!

The DIS has really enhanced my world and it is really cool to meet some more of the real people behind the "curtain" of the DISboards!

Thanks for asking!!!

Have a superb time in Nashville! I really would like to get back there some day! Hope the meet is FUN FUN FUN!!!;)

Happy Anni Nicole! :love2:

Andrea, :bday:

Have fab trips Don & Maroo! :wave2:

Almost FRIDAY folks! pixiedust:

cheers,

PS. Shanan - see I'm doing better only 5 smilies :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Hey Karen,
I think you need to count your smilies again! It is now 10! :rotfl2:

Glad you liked the movie!! It is my fave!! :love: Wasn't the short Partly Cloudy the best too! I thought it was hysterical.

Morning folksies! TGIF!!

I hope everyone traveling this weekend has a great time and nice weather! Sounds like we are all getting pelted with storms.

Stephan is getting inked tomorrow afternoon and then we are grilling steaks and having drinks (Thunderbirds and wine, of course) with one of my oldest and dearest friends. She and I have been friends since 3rd grade and no matter where we are (we've lived in separate states since jr. high), we have always remained close. She comes "home" twice a year, and we always make a point to get together. She is one of those people you can go without seeing for months and just pick right back up where you left off like it was yesterday.

Sunday, I am going to spend the day with my dad and grandpa.

I think it is going to be a full but great weekend for the Nava's! I hope everyone else's will be the same!!

Hi Candy! Sounds like you will have a fantastic weekend!!!

I know what you mean about your friend picking up like you never left off! Isn't it the best! I have a friend like that, who I really haven't talked to in forever! She will be coming over on Tuesday and before this I haven't seen her in over a year! I am trying to talk her into going on PCC 2.0! Getting more money for Dreams! She is a workaholic and definitely needs a break!

Wish I could have been at the meet, sounds like you guys had a blast! September can't come fast enough!! I hope Phillip and Greta were pulled into the direction to find something for the family! :thumbsup2

This weekend is very busy for me - tomorrow is my sisters big bacherlorette party. Part I is all day tomorrow, about 10 of us are going to a spa for massage, facial, mani/pedi, makeup and blowout.... Then Part II is tomorrow night, we are going out to a club. That part I can do without - I haven't been to a club in about 6 years - since my other sisters bachelorette party, but, since I am the matron of honor, I think I have to go.

Sunday is Father's Day and we are having a big picnic w/alot of people down at the beach, but, not sure that the weather is going to cooperate with that one!

Hope you have a relaxing day at the spa tomorrow and the weather cooperates for you on Sunday!

Hi Guys!
I will not be sticking around today.
I am off to the gym for a couple of hours and then packing so we can head for the cottage for the weekend. :yay:

Have a fantastic time! Hope the weather is great for you! :wizard:

Wow...

Thanks Mary! It has been pretty freaky up here today! Seems like night when it was day, and lots of street closures due to flooding!

Yes you have to go see UP ASAP!! Let us know how you like it :yay::yay:

Woo hoo! Congrats!! :dance3:

Jason and I are going to see Topol in Fiddler on the Roof in Chicago tomorrow and eating at our favorite cheap eat spot. foodlife at Water Tower Place...its awesome!

Sunday Jason will get to be doing his favorite thing with me for father's day......LAUNDRY! Ha ha! I get a cruise for mother's day and he gets a pile of laundry. We like to do laundry days every other Sunday, and this Sunday we will be doing ALOT because we will be busy the next two weekends. So we won't be doing laundry again until the weekend after the fourth.....we basically do this because our apartment washing machine is terrible, so we haul all our clothes over to the MIL and do it over at her place. :laundy: I am sure you all wanted to know this :). :rotfl2:

Mish19
06-20-2009, 06:50 AM
Good morning all! Wow, I'm first for today! Does it still count if it's the weekend? Haha...

It's going to be humid and rainy in the afternoon in good old Brooklyn but at least it's Saturday! I'll be taking a test for my job this morning, so wish me luck!

CinderellasSister
06-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Good morning all! Good luck on your test Michelle! Hope it all goes well for you! :teacher: They're calling for more rain here too, and we're supposed to be taking DS's little league baseball team out for ice cream today. Hope the rain holds off until then.

dpuck1998
06-20-2009, 07:26 AM
Morning all! Heading out to see the Harry Potter exhibit soon, have a great day all.

katscradle
06-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Good morning guys!
I just thought I would post here that we did not make the cottage yesterday.
We had people drop by, after they left I said to John let's wait for the morning. So we are off to the cottage as soon as he gets his butt out of bed.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Don't think I will have another chance to post here before I go, so have a great weekend.
Oh and yesterday when I went to the gym I burned 800 calories in 80 minutes. :thumbsup2

klam_chowder
06-20-2009, 08:07 AM
happy sat folks! :wave2:

Sunday Jason will get to be doing his favorite thing with me for father's day......LAUNDRY! Ha ha! I get a cruise for mother's day and he gets a pile of laundry. We like to do laundry days every other Sunday, and this Sunday we will be doing ALOT because we will be busy the next two weekends. So we won't be doing laundry again until the weekend after the fourth.....we basically do this because our apartment washing machine is terrible, so we haul all our clothes over to the MIL and do it over at her place. :laundy: I am sure you all wanted to know this :). :rotfl2:

:laundy: Have fun? :confused3 :rotfl2: Good thing we already know you guys know how to have a good time! ;)

I'll be taking a test for my job this morning, so wish me luck!

Good luck! pixiedust:

Good morning guys!
We had people drop by, after they left I said to John let's wait for the morning. So we are off to the cottage as soon as he gets his butt out of bed.:rotfl2::rotfl2:
Don't think I will have another chance to post here before I go, so have a great weekend.
Oh and yesterday when I went to the gym I burned 800 calories in 80 minutes. :thumbsup2

Have a great w/end at the cottage :goodvibes

And congrats on your major burn...John mentioned your loss of 4+ the other nite - you're doing awesome!!! :thumbsup2 I didn't even lose my cruise weight and then gained 3 wks worth more with all the extra feeding I did with the cooking and going out when the in-laws were here. :scared:

So what am I gonna do about it?! Make ghirardelli chocloate brownies with cream cheese butter frosting of course! :lmao: Well, at least I'll be bringing them to a major house party tonite :dance3:

Hope everyone has a great w/end!

cheers,

shellyminnie
06-20-2009, 08:22 AM
Good Morning!!

Morning all! Heading out to see the Harry Potter exhibit soon, have a great day all.

Have fun Don!! We want lots of pics!!

Good morning guys!

Have fun at the cottage this weekend!!

experiment_627
06-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Morning all!

We've spent the majority of the morning straightening up and getting things ready for company. I wish I could say we kept it ready for company, but alas, we don't. :guilty:

Stephan is getting his tat this afternoon, and then we are grilling out steaks. I have heard talk of a Wii bowling tourney happening tonight. :confused3

I hope everyone has a great Saturday!!

calypso*a*go-go
06-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I've been trying to secure camping reservations all morning. I waited too long and there's not much available locally. We thought our trailer was sold and wouldn't be using it, but the other party backed out. Rats!!!

mla1977
06-20-2009, 11:10 AM
Hello everyone! I constantly feel like I am behind with this thread. You can find out a little about me in my trip report links below. This will be my first cruise ever! I am so excited. I already signed up for a fish extender group and I look forward to getting to know everyone!

safetymom
06-21-2009, 06:52 AM
Good morning everyone!!! What does everyone have planned for their Sunday?

Renysmom
06-21-2009, 07:04 AM
Good Morning everyone and Happy Father's Day to all the dad's here !!

Hope you have a great day!

OKW Lover
06-21-2009, 07:24 AM
Good morning everybody. Fathers Day for me will be observed next week...at WDW!!!

Today? Looks like my golf today will be rained out. So it will be a bit of stuff on the computer and watching the US Open on TV, if they don't get rained out. :happytv:

ADP
06-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Morning Friends! :wave:

Good morning everyone!!! What does everyone have planned for their Sunday?

Good Morning everyone and Happy Father's Day to all the dad's here !!

Hope you have a great day!
Today is my wife Kim's birthday. We are having family and friends over for a party to combine both holidays. Should be fun, I think. :)

Good morning everybody. Fathers Day for me will be observed next week...at WDW!!!

Today? Looks like my golf today will be rained out. So it will be a bit of stuff on the computer and watching the US Open on TV, if they don't get rained out. :happytv:
Sounds great Jeff; especially the part about WDW next week! Hope you have a great time! :thumbsup2

shellyminnie
06-21-2009, 08:00 AM
Good Morning!!! Happy Father's Day!!!

We're having a big family dinner with Lasagna and gnocchi to celebrate Father's Day. So, I will be at my grandparents all day helping out and trying to watch the US Open!! Boy does Tiger have some work to do . . . but if anyone can come back like that it's Tiger!

Have a great day!!

kab407
06-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Happy Sunday and Happy Father's Day to all the DIS Dads.

I hope you all have a great day!

cocowum
06-21-2009, 08:36 AM
Happy Father's Day to all my DIS DH's. :goodvibes

Madi100
06-21-2009, 08:54 AM
Happy Father's Day everyone!! We're off to more soccer today and then to pick Emilie up. I haven't seen her for a week and miss her bunches. But the quiet sure has been nice.

maroo
06-21-2009, 09:12 AM
I once attempted to drunk dial my wife (then my girlfriend) and my friends intervened by hiding the phones. The only problem was that the next morning no one remembered where they were. It tool me three days to find them in the back of the fridge behind the lettuce:rotfl2:

That is full on funny!! :lmao: :happytv:

Have a superb time in Nashville! I really would like to get back there some day! Hope the meet is FUN FUN FUN!!!;)

Our trip to Nashville has been very fun!! :goodvibes We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and Rainforest Cafe (we don't have one of those near home). I meet All7ofUs (Leisa) who lives overseas. We have been talking on the DIS for months and are planning a girls trip (3 of us are going) in Sept 2010. But we had never met and it was going to be pretty strange to go on a trip with someone I have never met. I quickly realized it felt like we have known each other forever! We had a blast hanging out and it has been totally cool to actually be in the same room and able to talk Disney.

I brought my friend Lauren (she is 16) along. Her picture is below in the Tink costume from her wish trip.

Then a DISer that works in the Disney Store cooked up a surprise for Lauren. She called her name from across the store. "Lauren - I know you! How are you? It is nice to finally meet you! I have seen your picture on the DIS." This was priceless as Lauren was floored that someone recognized her. Then she had gifts for Lauren, which was so very kind of her!

Then we met about 6 DISers at Rainforest Cafe for a quick meet and greet in front of the Rainforest Cafe.

So I was able to meet a bunch of DISers and it was so much fun!!

Thanks Mary! It has been pretty freaky up here today! Seems like night when it was day, and lots of street closures due to flooding!

Yes you have to go see UP ASAP!! Let us know how you like it :yay::yay:

Gosh! That sounds like awful weather!! Stay safe and dry!!

I will definitely do that! Not sure if I will make it today, but hopefully THIS week!

maroo
06-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Hello!! Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's out there! :goodvibes

We are out of town (see long response to A. Mickey above) and were planning to go to church this morning with an old friend.

But we got stuck in a hotel that was not accessible enough for Lauren. I even called ahead to special reservations to make sure before we I made the reservation. It was very disappointing to arrive late last night to find that this brand new hotel has no rooms with roll-in showers. :headache:

Which is just crazy and I will have to investigate further to see if that is even against the ADA?? I will be talking to the Marriott this week. ::yes::

Since Lauren could not get a shower, we decided to skip church and she is still asleep. Once she wakes up, we will make the rest of the trip home and then let her get a shower and celebrate Father's Day with her family!

experiment_627
06-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Morning everyone!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's!!

I am going to visit with my Dad and Grandpa this afternoon. Should be fun.

Have a great Sunday!!

kimisabella
06-21-2009, 10:20 AM
Happy Fathers Day to all!!
It looks like the rain has stopped for now - we were supposed to have a picnic at the beach, but, it has been moved to my sister's house. The forecast is calling for rain all week, so depressing!

spaddy
06-21-2009, 11:10 AM

I am so jealous.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. We are going to stay close to home today and rest. We were in Baltimore and Hershey and are exhausted. I hope everyone has a great Sunday.

calypso*a*go-go
06-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Happy Father's Day !!!

georgemoe
06-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Happy Fathers Day all! :)

Today is my wife Kim's birthday. We are having family and friends over for a party to combine both holidays. Should be fun, I think. :)

Hi Aaron. Please wish Kim a happy birthday for Deb and I. :goodvibes

ADP
06-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Happy Fathers Day all! :)

Hi Aaron. Please wish Kim a happy birthday for Deb and I. :goodvibes
Thanks George. I'll tell Kim!

Happy early birthday to you too George.

dpuck1998
06-21-2009, 07:47 PM
Happy Father's Day to all my DIS DH's. :goodvibes

Thanks DIS wife! Hope you had a great weekend and get to spend some QT with your hubby real soon.

katscradle
06-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Arron wish Kim a Happy Birthday from John and I. :bday:

I hope everyone of the DIS dads had a great day! :thumbsup2

We went to the cottage and the weather was wonderful. :)
We also have quite a few days of nice weather ahead, at least until Thursday.
I am worried though as they say the humidex will go up into the mid thirtes. :eek: It the humidity that's the killer.
Last week of school for the boys. :eek:

Renysmom
06-22-2009, 04:53 AM
Happy Monday everyone!!!

Hope you have a great week and that the weekend reaches us soon :goodvibes

tlcoke
06-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone has a good week.

Going out for my morning walk, even though the air is so thick you could cut it with a knife this morning.

experiment_627
06-22-2009, 05:30 AM
Morning gang,

Aaron - Tell Kim Happy Belated Bday from Stephan and I. I hope we actually get introduced next time. :thumbsup2

Paul - Hope you are home tonight!

:wave2: to everyone else!

I am off to a doc appt. I cleared my work schedule for the day and left going in as optional. The dr. office is a 3 hour round trip in the opposite direction of work, so the more I think about it, the more work isn't happening. :laughing: I think I'll stop for an oil change, mani, and pedi on the way home. :cloud9: Also, maybe I can catch up on the :laundy: I didn't do over the weekend.

Have a great Monday!!

kymickeyfan717
06-22-2009, 05:35 AM
Morning all - hope all have a good work week...:goodvibes

safetymom
06-22-2009, 05:36 AM
Good morning everyone!!! It's so hot here the windows have dew on the outside!

winotracy
06-22-2009, 05:48 AM
Good Morning everyone! Happy Belated Birthday Kim!

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone has a good week.

Going out for my morning walk, even though the air is so thick you could cut it with a knife this morning.

It has been hot and sticky all weekend, but we have been told it is getting worse the rest of the week. Heat indexes in the low 100's every day but today. UGH!!!!!!

Mouse Skywalker
06-22-2009, 05:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone: Wow, those of you talking about heat, we've had the opposite here in Rochester this weekend - cool and rainy all weekend. Have a great day everyone.

cocowum
06-22-2009, 05:59 AM
Good Morning all. :surfweb: Happy Monday! :flower3:

Hopefully, Paul comes home tonight. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Launchpad11B
06-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Good Morning all. :surfweb: Happy Monday! :flower3:

Hopefully, Paul comes home tonight. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Mornin' my sweet! :love:

corky441
06-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Good Morning everyone - Happy first full day of Summer.

Looks like we're finally getting some beautiful weather here in Western NY this week. Saturday was a total washout and yesterday was pretty gloomy, but dry at least.

katscradle
06-22-2009, 06:13 AM
Good morning!
It's already sticky here, you can feel the humidity.
However that is not going to stop me from taking my new bike out for the first spin around the lake this morning.
Going around the lake is a distance of 7.2 kms, hope I make it. :scared1:

mainegal
06-22-2009, 06:14 AM
Are Paul and Alicia the cutest couple ever, or what?!:lovestruc

mainegal
06-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Sorry about the heat and humidity that is hitting many of you. So uncomfortable!

We are predicted to have rain and thunderstorms for the rest of the week. Darn! I forgot to build my ark last weekend.

I hope all the rain is over by next week for my vacation in New Brunswick, Canada. We are planning on outdoor activities, bike trails and hiking.

dpuck1998
06-22-2009, 07:28 AM
Mornin' my sweet! :love:

Good Morning :) ohh...you weren't talking to me....

Hi everyone...Monday....but its summer...so I find them much easier!

jeanigor
06-22-2009, 07:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had as enjoyable weekend as I did. Cedar Point was a blast. Got a tad too much sun, but its par for the course. I also have to stop being the one to drive. Getting up at normal time and playing in the park until 11 and then driving home for three hours is not something to do on a night before work. Needless to say, my behind is dragging something fierce right now....I feel a power nap coming on before (and after) lunch.

firsttimemom
06-22-2009, 07:58 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had as enjoyable weekend as I did. Cedar Point was a blast. Got a tad too much sun, but its par for the course. I also have to stop being the one to drive. Getting up at normal time and playing in the park until 11 and then driving home for three hours is not something to do on a night before work. Needless to say, my behind is dragging something fierce right now....I feel a power nap coming on before (and after) lunch.

I've been trying to talk DH into a road trip there. We did Knotts Berry Farm last fall and the kids looooooved it. Although it was off season and d-e-a-d so we walked on to everything. I'm thinking Cedar Point in the summer won't quite be the same. :rolleyes1

Enjoy your naps! Summer naps are THE BEST!

ADP
06-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Morning Everyone :wave: . As Puck said Summer Mondays are better than any other season. They do seem more tolerable.

Tood...CP sounded like a lot of fun. That place is wonderful...Certainly not a Disney replacement, but right up there. Even though you are dragging today, I'm sure it was worth it.

It's Monday and I'm sure our good friend Paul is excited about heading back home tonight. I hope the end of the U.S. Open is exciting so at least he has some good theater to watch.

ADP
06-22-2009, 08:02 AM
Good Morning :) ohh...you weren't talking to me....

Hi everyone...Monday....but its summer...so I find them much easier!
Aren't weekend trips to Chicago the best. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

winotracy
06-22-2009, 08:03 AM
Aren't weekend trips to Chicago the best. Sounds like you guys had a good time.

We're going Friday! :thumbsup2

maroo
06-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Good Morning everyone! :goodvibes

Hot here, too! Could you guys up north send us some rain?

:cool2:

shellyminnie
06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Paul - hope you make it home tonight!! :)

Todd - take care of that sunburn!! I know those hurt. :scared:

I have to do laundry today. Ugh . .. I hate doing laundry :headache:

Have a good day!!

dpuck1998
06-22-2009, 08:07 AM
We're going Friday! :thumbsup2

HAVE FUN! Got dinner plans? Joes and Maggianos, my two favs now...

ADP
06-22-2009, 08:10 AM
May I also recommend the Grand Luxe Cafe. It's a huge restaurant with a great view of Chicago Ave. Make sure to request a table/booth by the window.

klam_chowder
06-22-2009, 08:12 AM
goood morrrning all! :wave2:

I :love: heat & humidity so am :cloud9: that summer's finally here! :cool1:

Marilee, at least the cool weather yesterday made it easy for me to do some gardening and hammer stakes all around our shed to keep OUT the groundhog family that thinks it's a lovely new home. :eek: They're so cute so if it wasn't for their burrowing ruining the foundation, we'd have let them stay :rotfl2:

Kat - glad y'all had a great cottage w/end! Have fun on your new bike! :goodvibes

mainegal - have a fab time in NB. We vacationed there a couple of years ago. If you're by St. Andrews, the Fairmont Algonquin has a wonderful brunch - I didn't feel guilty as we kayaked around Navy Island that day too :rolleyes: If you're passing by Saint John, it's worth taking a break at the Farmers' Market if you like that kind of thing. Enjoy! :car:

As for me, feels great to be back to my regular routine which means today is grocery & errand day :rotfl:

cheers,

jeanigor
06-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!

Paul - hope you make it home tonight!! :)

Todd - take care of that sunburn!! I know those hurt. :scared:

I have to do laundry today. Ugh . .. I hate doing laundry :headache:

Have a good day!!

If anyone knows where Raul is, I could use some help with rubbing the aloe on....:blush::goodvibes

georgemoe
06-22-2009, 08:30 AM
Good morning everyone. :wave:

Yesterday was another miserable rainy day here in New England and will continue until Thursday. Ugg! Half if not all of my garden needs to be replanted.

We celebrate Fathers Day every year with chinese takeout. The whole family gets together. We also celebrate three birthdays at the same time so there was no shortage of cake, pie, cookies, brownies, chocolate, you name it. :)

Have a great day! :goodvibes

Dodie
06-22-2009, 09:36 AM

Thought I'd say good morning before it's not morning anymore!

tlcoke
06-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Here are my Chicago Recommendations:
Maggianos is good Italian in Chicago - Large portions.
Giordanos or Ginos East for Pizza - I like Giordanos best
Weber Grill is good for steak if you like them off a grill.
Cheesecake Factory - for dessert -- forget the Cheesecake - get their Strawberry Shortcake (currently in season) it is huge and to die for.

We just had severe storms pass through the area yet again. (Haven't been outside since they passed but it probably made the humidity worse than is was at 5:30 am this morning when it was like walking into a wall. We are in 15% risk category for more severe storms this afternoon. With the exception of about 5 days, we have had some amount of rain everyday since May 1st.

mla1977
06-22-2009, 09:53 AM
Good morning Dodie!

Hi everyone! I have been trying to convince DBF to join me for the August trip I have booked. He keeps whining that he wants to to see the Christmas decorations. I have told him that I will take him for it next year... I may have to surprise him with the cruise sooner than I thought.

maroo
06-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Cheesecake Factory - for dessert -- forget the Cheesecake - get their Strawberry Shortcake (currently in season) it is huge and to die for.

We were just in Chicago in May and had a GREAT time!

I love the Cheescake Factory...so much so that we had to eat there when we were in Nashville this last weekend. The cheesecake is yummy!!

We got to eat at Ginos East and loved the pizza! But we don't have anything to compare it to...I don't think you could go wrong with either!

Have a BLAST!!!

jeanigor
06-22-2009, 10:52 AM
When we were in Chicago for the DIS meet at Doorway to Dreams, DP and I ate at Cheesecake Factory. It was really good. We couldn't decide between going there or Texas de Brazil. I figured we hadn't fasted for three days, so Texas lost out. However, I seem to recall someone saying something about a Chicago-land meet up there as an O'hana-esque thing.........hmmmmmm :scratchin

Dodie
06-22-2009, 10:57 AM
A great place to grab a good lunch at a reasonable price in Chicago is Foodlife in Watertower Place. It's like a foodcourt on steroids - with amazingly different and unique choices, including ethnic foods, healthy choices, decadent desserts, etc. It's one of those places where you grab a table, grab a card, and have your card scanned each time you make a food selection. Then you don't pay until after you meal, as you exit, when they total up your card.

We have Cheesecake Factory in every mall here, so I don't consider that a "treat," although the food is good and portions are huge.

BriarRosie
06-22-2009, 12:46 PM
When we were in Chicago for the DIS meet at Doorway to Dreams, DP and I ate at Cheesecake Factory. It was really good. We couldn't decide between going there or Texas de Brazil. I figured we hadn't fasted for three days, so Texas lost out. However, I seem to recall someone saying something about a Chicago-land meet up there as an O'hana-esque thing.........hmmmmmm :scratchin

Yeah, I would have wanted to go to Texas De Brazil as the 'Ohana substitute! :laughing: None of the chains like Maggiano's and Cheesecake Factory scream "special" to me, since I live in the Chicago burbs and have those places 5 minutes from home.

I think some of the more special places are a bit on the pricier side, but really good. Frontera Grill comes to mind. There are a lot of places listed on Metromix that sound interesting, but I never have anyone who wants to go with me.

There's also a place near where I work on the north side of Chicago that was featured on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives, called Glenn's Diner. I need to get out more. :)

tiggerbell
06-22-2009, 01:08 PM
I'm going to Texas de Brazil with friends Wednesday night... :banana:

jeanigor
06-22-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm going to Texas de Brazil with friends Wednesday night... :banana:

Don't you have a TR to write.......?????

SFBayDon
06-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Good Morning All,

Ok so it is just after 11 AM out here so I can still say morning. Had a FABULOUS weekend. Did the Backstage tour of Disneyland on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend at the parks. The crowds were down from earlier in the week, as the weekend was blocked for So Cal annual pass holders. (YEAH) Met some new DIS’ers and had lots of fun. We started the weekend Friday night at the Lost Bar at the Disneyland hotel and went form there.

One of my new favorite things is meeting new DIS’ers. Not new to the DIS, but new to me. If only I was good and names and screen names. I feel like I want to take a photo of everyone with a piece of paper with their screen and real names in the photo. I guess it will look like a prison photo – Picture with name and AKA at the bottom of the picture.

Hope all you Dad’s out there has a good Fathers Day!

Don

spaddy
06-22-2009, 01:45 PM

May I also recommend the Grand Luxe Cafe. It's a huge restaurant with a great view of Chicago Ave. Make sure to request a table/booth by the window.

I love Maggianos and the Grand Luxe. I was also love the Weber Grill, but I like barbequed food.:) Grand Luxe and the Cheesecake Factory are run by the same company.

One of my favorite places in Chicago is Chicago Pizza and Over Grinder. I have not been to Chicago in almost 2 years and I have been craving a Pizza Pot Pie big time.

Good Morning All,

Ok so it is just after 11 AM out here so I can still say morning. Had a FABULOUS weekend. Did the Backstage tour of Disneyland on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend at the parks. The crowds were down from earlier in the week, as the weekend was blocked for So Cal annual pass holders. (YEAH) Met some new DIS’ers and had lots of fun. We started the weekend Friday night at the Lost Bar at the Disneyland hotel and went form there.

One of my new favorite things is meeting new DIS’ers. Not new to the DIS, but new to me. If only I was good and names and screen names. I feel like I want to take a photo of everyone with a piece of paper with their screen and real names in the photo. I guess it will look like a prison photo – Picture with name and AKA at the bottom of the picture.

Don

Sounds like you all had a great time. I don't know when I will make it to DL again.

UrsulasShadow
06-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Good Morning All,

Don
HaaaaHaaaaaa, saw your butt!!!

Welcome back, Don!

jeanigor
06-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Welcome back, Don!

You saw Don's butt?!?!?!!? I would figure that out of d-puck##, but not SFBayDon.....wow. Shocking!

Dodie
06-22-2009, 02:35 PM

Welcome back, Don!

!!! So did I !!!! The reflection of your butt is famous now, Don, thanks to Pete's FB photos!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

So very jealous of some of the cool stuff you got to do.

mainegal
06-22-2009, 05:20 PM
People were mentioning eating at the Cheesecake Factory.

My advice, ask for a leftover container when you order. Spilt the food as soon as itis put in front of you. Their entrees are way too much for any ordinary person to eat at one meal. Makes a great lunch for the next day.

maiziezoe
06-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Good Morning All,

Don

Welcome home!

maiziezoe
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't like pizza... actually, I dislike it very, very much. BLECH!

The ONLY pizza I will eat is Lou Malanati's. It must have magic in it somewhere because this pizza hating girl loves her some Lou's.

If you come to Chicago, you have to eat at Lou's.