PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Tonya2426
06-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Ah, so innocent... :lmao::rotfl2::happytv:

Soooo true. All you have to do is look down the hall at all the magnets and fish extenders to know this ain't your grandmama's Disney Cruise.

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 04:29 PM
That's my name! Innocent One. You are a celebrity...Todd is Famous and I am the innocent one. :angel:

It fits. I think. :scratchin

I like her. She fits in.:grouphug:

SFBayDon
06-15-2009, 04:31 PM
Greetings All,

Just dropped by to say hello and wish everyone a good week. Looks like lots of questions for a Monday. Todd, it looks like recount is in order to reach the real totals. Sorry I am no longer allowed to count anything for the DIS. For those of you that may not know I screwed up the bus count coming from the ship back to the Dolphin, so Tracy will not let me count things any more. For those of you not sure if you want to boiok, put down the deposit, hold the room and then you have months to figure if you want to do it or get your full refund before the payment dates. Tracy is AWESOME.

Hope you all have a good week. Friday can not get here fast enough for my trip south to Disneyland for the Backstage tour.

Don

SFBayDon
06-15-2009, 04:33 PM

You only like her becuase she is sucking up to you!!!

maroo
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM

aww...

so you are going to let me be the Innocent One :angel: in your royal court? Even if I am completely clueless and have no idea what I am getting myself into?

katscradle
06-15-2009, 04:36 PM
Good Morning everyone. :surfweb: Happy Monday. :headache: Wish it were Friday! ;)

Congrats Brandie and Matt! That's awesome news!:cheer2:

DD has finals this week so send your pixie dust this way. :flower3:

Have a great day everyone! :goodvibes

Here's the pixie dust that she might need for her finals.pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Congrats to Matt on landing a job.
Bradie your is on the way..

maroo
06-15-2009, 04:37 PM

hey now...be nice. :)

and I am jealous you get to go on the Backstage Tour!! How cool is THAT?

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 04:39 PM
Greetings All,

Just dropped by to say hello and wish everyone a good week. Looks like lots of questions for a Monday. Todd, it looks like recount is in order to reach the real totals. Sorry I am no longer allowed to count anything for the DIS. For those of you that may not know I screwed up the bus count coming from the ship back to the Dolphin, so Tracy will not let me count things any more. For those of you not sure if you want to boiok, put down the deposit, hold the room and then you have months to figure if you want to do it or get your full refund before the payment dates. Tracy is AWESOME.
Hope you all have a good week. Friday can not get here fast enough for my trip south to Disneyland for the Backstage tour.

There is no if. You know you want to. There are 545 days until we cruise. That means there are about 469 days for you to pay on the cruise. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezey.

Oh and yeah. Rub in your trip Don. Rub it in good. Just wait to see who gets D-Listed.....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 I'm only kidding, I want to be able to have a tour guide when I come to California.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Nu-uh. Even if she called me names, I'd still like her.

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 04:42 PM
aww...

so you are going to let me be the Innocent One :angel: in your royal court? Even if I am completely clueless and have no idea what I am getting myself into?

You have no idea.:sad2::sad2::flower3:

katscradle
06-15-2009, 04:43 PM
I just checked on the Carnival Glory and Valor and their rooms are 184 sq ft which is close to the category 11 and 12 on the Magic and Wonder. The older ships were smaller than this.

Sorry to bother you Tracy, but do you know yet what our stateroom # is.
I was just wondering.

winotracy
06-15-2009, 04:49 PM
I was just wondering.

On PCC 2.0? All you have to do is log in to your reservation to see your cabin number. If you need that information, please email me at Tracy@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com.

katscradle
06-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Well I am off to cook dinner now, catch you later guys.
Oh just so you know what's on the menu for tonight..
Meatloaf
Mashed patatoes
Stir fryed peppers, onions, and mushrooms, with garlic. YUMMY!!!
Dessert not listed as we are to lose some weight here. :rotfl2:

georgemoe
06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
I was just wondering.

:scared1: You don't know? :scared1:

This is something I put squarely on my buddy John's shoulders. The shame. :sad1:

:rotfl2:

katscradle
06-15-2009, 05:15 PM
:scared1: You don't know? :scared1:

This is something I put squarely on my buddy John's shoulders. The shame. :sad1:

:rotfl2:

I do now!
We are going to be in stateroom #8038. :yay::yay::yay:

tiggerbell
06-15-2009, 05:25 PM
I do now!

Hi!!! I'm in 8042!!! :goodvibes

Can I borrow a cup of maple syrup?

Tonya2426
06-15-2009, 05:27 PM
I do now!

I'm in 8538!!! We are across the ship neighbors!!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

SFBayDon
06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
There is no if. You know you want to. There are 545 days until we cruise. That means there are about 469 days for you to pay on the cruise. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezey.

Oh and yeah. Rub in your trip Don. Rub it in good. Just wait to see who gets D-Listed.....:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 I'm only kidding, I want to be able to have a tour guide when I come to California.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Nu-uh. Even if she called me names, I'd still like her.

Caution white text was used in the reply to this message, it is now red.
Watch him carefully

aspen37
06-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Are we going to play Monopoly or Canasta?

Monopoly! :goodvibes So where are we playing at?

If Tracy spiked a Dole Whip, would it be called a Dole *******? :goodvibes

Mmm rum in the Dole Whip!

Ah, so innocent... :lmao::rotfl2::happytv:

No one is innocent around here. :rotfl:

Soooo true. All you have to do is look down the hall at all the magnets and fish extenders to know this ain't your grandmama's Disney Cruise.

Thank goodness this isn't my grandmother cruise. Oh wait my grandmother is pretty hip and cool. She would have a blast with all of us.

Greetings All,

Don

Hi Don! Have a good week! I can't wait to hear about your trip to DL. Take lots of pictures for us.

Madi100
06-15-2009, 05:50 PM
Good afternoon all. I'm struggling to stay caught in, in the loop, or whatever it may be now that we have our own forum!

Anyway, busy weekend. Madi had a soccer tournament over the weekend, and we were gone. They got 3rd, which is super for this group of girls. Madi scored a goal!!

We put our house on the market today. And, for those of you who know me, you know laundry is an issue. Well, so is cleaning the house. It's a good thing I'm good in the kitchen. It's going to be a struggle keeping my house clean. I'd be okay if they didn't look in closets :)

katscradle
06-15-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't know!
We'll see what we can do.
WooHoo we are going to be neighbors.:woohoo::woohoo:

katscradle
06-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Good afternoon all. I'm struggling to stay caught in, in the loop, or whatever it may be now that we have our own forum!

Anyway, busy weekend. Madi had a soccer tournament over the weekend, and we were gone. They got 3rd, which is super for this group of girls. Madi scored a goal!!

We put our house on the market today. And, for those of you who know me, you know laundry is an issue. Well, so is cleaning the house. It's a good thing I'm good in the kitchen. It's going to be a struggle keeping my house clean. I'd be okay if they didn't look in closets :)

I am with you on that one.
Up here we have pods that can be rented and they can stay in your drive way. Pack everything you can and put it in one of those suckers and you are away to the races. You would be surprised how much stuff you can live without for a couple of months.

georgemoe
06-15-2009, 06:43 PM
I do now!

Hi!!! I'm in 8042!!! :goodvibes

Can I borrow a cup of maple syrup?

Woo hoo! :woohoo: Pancake party!

Hi Nicole. Good luck with the house. Not that I want to be put on any kind of trouble maker list, but I never thought a whole new forum was a good idea. There is already a cruise board for "general" questions and research. I liked having one topic to track for PCC 1.0 and as we get closer this place is going to turn into a nut house with questions everywhere :scared:

Poor Tracy. :hug:

NancyIL
06-15-2009, 06:52 PM
I think this would be a little different...

If the ship was 1/3 full of cheerleaders...or some activist group...or some specific religious group...or even a bunch of engineers or doctors...whatever...then that would be a little odd for the 2/3 left over...

but this is a group of different types of people...some families, some single, some married w/o kids, old, young and of all different backgrounds from different parts of the US and world. They will probably notice the shirts and wonder why 1/3 of the ship all seems to know each other, even though they all have different accents...but it shouldn't be disruptive to their vacation. :confused3 I wouldn't think.

I think a ship 1/3 full of DISers would be FAR rowdier than one full of doctors, engineers, Baptists, etc. - except maybe cheerleaders! :scared1:

maroo
06-15-2009, 07:19 PM

Hi Nicole. Good luck with the house. Not that I want to be put on any kind of trouble maker list, but I never thought a whole new forum was a good idea. There is already a cruise board for "general" questions and research. I liked having one topic to track for PCC 1.0 and as we get closer this place is going to turn into a nut house with questions everywhere :scared:

aw...we will have to help Tracy... or maybe Tracy needs an assistant to field questions from the DIS.... Pete, Pete...can we get Tracy an assistant?

I think a ship 1/3 full of DISers would be FAR rowdier than one full of doctors, engineers, Baptists, etc. - except maybe cheerleaders! :scared1:

Hmm...

You know...I am beginning to believe you...beginning to see. It is becoming clearer now.

Looks I will definitely be the innocent one. :angel:

kymickeyfan717
06-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Hey there Kathy! It's iPhone week, right!

I am soo ready for my new iPhone. A friend recently bought the 3G model and I was playing with it. I still have the 2G. It was soo much faster than mine. I am not going to get any work done on Friday b/c I will want to get home and get mine. I pre-ordered from Apple so it's supposed to be here on Friday. THey don't want to be around me if it's not here.... :eek::scared1: not a pretty sight :)

winotracy
06-15-2009, 07:30 PM

I disagree. I thought that would be the case with PCC 1.0 but it wasn't. I've seen much rowdier groups from the Cruise Meets Forum before :lmao:

calypso*a*go-go
06-15-2009, 07:39 PM
Greetings All,

Don

Awww Don -- don't be so hard on yourself...it was that sixth toe on your left foot that kept messing everything up! :teeth:

cocowum
06-15-2009, 08:00 PM

I agree I miss having one cruise thread. ::yes::

I disagree. I thought that would be the case with PCC 1.0 but it wasn't. I've seen much rowdier groups from the Cruise Meets Forum before :lmao:

We were very well behaved. Even during DATW. :angel: :angel: :angel:

kab407
06-15-2009, 08:13 PM

Alicia, we have pictures.....

cocowum
06-15-2009, 08:20 PM

:scared1::scared1::scared1: :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

shellyminnie
06-15-2009, 08:30 PM

Well, most of us behaved ourselves at DATW. Don did attract security with that camera trick . . .:rotfl:

Dodie
06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Well, most of us behaved ourselves at DATW. Don did attract security with that camera trick . . .:rotfl:

Ask and it shall appear...

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv228/podcast_cruise/Dodie/DSC01896.jpg

kab407
06-15-2009, 08:39 PM
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Dodie
06-15-2009, 09:03 PM
:lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Hey there, BFF! Glad to entertain!

I think we ALL have at least one blackmail photo of someone from the trip.

kab407
06-15-2009, 09:08 PM

There are enough all over bad pictures of me, who needs blackmail photos!

Now Alicia on the other hand....and they all involve drinking.

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 09:12 PM
Caution white text was used in the reply to this message, it is now red.
Watch him carefully

What goes around comes around.

I think we can rival some cheerleaders.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Some of us were just being reserved as it was our first meeting.:upsidedow:upsidedow

I didn't know that actually happened! I thought it was all hearsay!

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 09:15 PM
There are enough all over bad pictures of me, who needs blackmail photos!

Now Alicia on the other hand....and they all involve drinking.

I'm very glad I behaved myself and didn't have any incriminating photos snapped of me.:goodvibes

shellyminnie
06-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Some of us were just being reserved as it was our first meeting.:upsidedow:upsidedow

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao::lmao::rotfl:: rotfl::rotfl:

mainegal
06-15-2009, 09:17 PM
I like having our own podcast cruise 2.2 sub-forum. We are all :dance3: together, yet separate from the rest of the board.

Is there an attempt to keep podcast cruiser's rooms near each other?
Sure would make delivering F.E. gifts easir.

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I like having our own podcast cruise 2.2 sub-forum. We are all :dance3: together, yet separate from the rest of the board.

Yes. They are keeping us on Decks 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8.:goodvibes

kab407
06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
I'm very glad I behaved myself and didn't have any incriminating photos snapped of me.:goodvibes

Todd, you really need to get over being so camera shy.

MenashaCorp
06-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Not that I want to be put on any kind of trouble maker list, but I never thought a whole new forum was a good idea. There is already a cruise board for "general" questions and research. I liked having one topic to track for PCC 1.0 and as we get closer this place is going to turn into a nut house with questions everywhere :scared:

Right on, George. :thumbsup2 IMHO -It would be a big help to Tracy if folks with general cruise questions would do some research before asking her, since she is already dealing with well over the # of cruisers we had last time...

You could look here first... For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178933)

Or Kevin's Sticky.. (That's a noun, btw;))Links That I Think Might Help New Cruisers. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179446)

Or even here... *** DIS DCL FAQ - New Alphabetical Listing of DCL Information *** (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966)

Just one Loud Jerk's opinion who loves Tracy very much.... :hug:

Now back to your regularly scheduled frivolity... :banana:

aaronmckie
06-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Jason and Shanan...

We had such a nice time with you two and Aaron today! We will have to do it again soon. Anytime you want to go back to Angel Towne, let us know!!

Logan is still asking when we will see Aarond again. He's added a "D" to his name. Kind of cute. :)

Thanks so much for waiting for the tow-truck with us!! You are wonderful!!

I hope everyone had a nice Sunday! We sure did!

:)

I'm glad you feel that way even after your car broke down (although I know it's 'good riddance' for you), of course we'd stick around... no-one gets left behind :)
We want to make it back over there soon, it was the highlight of our weekend (and we did a LOT!).
I hope to be posting more, summertime is a crazy/busy time, too much stuff to do :sunny:

firsttimemom
06-15-2009, 09:40 PM

While I'll admit it took some time to deliver all the FE gifts, I got to see some areas of the ship that I had never seen before and accidentally ended up in some areas that were for crew only...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

firsttimemom
06-15-2009, 09:42 PM
aw...we will have to help Tracy... or maybe Tracy needs an assistant to field questions from the DIS.... Pete, Pete...can we get Tracy an assistant?

I think Nicole has a rival for top of the list...

ADP
06-15-2009, 09:46 PM
Dodie,
What on earth posessed you to take that photo! LOL!
:rotfl2::rotfl:

mainegal
06-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Yes. They are keeping us on Decks 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, and 8.:goodvibes

They're every where... :scared1:
They're every where!!!! :scared1:

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 09:48 PM

As long as she doesn't try to get on the top of my list....

mainegal
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM
While I'll admit it took some time to deliver all the FE gifts, I got to see some areas of the ship that I had never seen before and accidentally ended up in some areas that were for crew only...:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Maybe the crew would enjoy a f.e. gift?

kab407
06-15-2009, 09:49 PM

Not by a long shot. She worked hard for that spot and is not going to give it up without a fight.

A.Mickey
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Hey everyone! Just wanted to say hi. :wave2: We are hoping to do the next DIS cruise so I thought I would jump on here and get to know some of you crazy people! The only thing that's stood out to me is people collecting husbands and wives. Is the DIS podcast cruise really just a disguise for recruiting people into a religious cult?!? :eek: Just kidding. I must say that we've never been on a cruise and truthfully it's never sounded appealing to us...until we heard about one filled with DISers! I'm looking forward to getting to know more about everyone before the big event. :goodvibes

~Beka~

Hi Beka!! Welcome!! Have you guys set a date yet? Maybe you could get married on 2.0....like some other people.......:rotfl2:

Jason and Shanan...

We had such a nice time with you two and Aaron today! We will have to do it again soon. Anytime you want to go back to Angel Towne, let us know!!

Logan is still asking when we will see Aarond again. He's added a "D" to his name. Kind of cute. :)

Thanks so much for waiting for the tow-truck with us!! You are wonderful!!

I hope everyone had a nice Sunday! We sure did!

We did too!! Anytime you want to hang out with us, let us know too! Aaron had tons of fun! And next time I need to get lots more pics of us together. I got home looked at our pics, and it looked like we went to the park alone :sad2:. You guys are too nice! Can't wait to do it again! And it only took us a half hour to get home! :woohoo:

If Tracy spiked a Dole Whip, would it be called a Dole *******? :goodvibes

:rotfl2: Good one, George!

875 rooms on the Wonder. How likely is the podcast cruise going to book 300 rooms?

What would be the impact of having one third of the ship's passengers be part of the same group? Is it often that groups seem to "take over" a ship?

It seemed like we took over during 1.0 too. Everywhere you looked you would see someone with a DIS lanyard! I cannot imagine what 2.0 will look like!! :scared1:

Hmm...

You know...I am beginning to believe you...beginning to see. It is becoming clearer now.

Looks I will definitely be the innocent one. :angel:

You may not be sooo innocent after the Martini tasting. You will be going, correct?

Glad to see you over here! I loved loved loved reading your trip reports, especially the one that was posted about GKTW village! Can't wait to meet you in person!! :hug:

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 09:50 PM
They're every where... :scared1:
They're every where!!!! :scared1:

Heffallumps and woozeles are very confuseles....

rtobe
06-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Do heffalumps and woozles cruise?

firsttimemom
06-15-2009, 09:59 PM
Do heffalumps and woozles cruise?

the only time I saw them was after the martini tasting...

jeanigor
06-15-2009, 10:04 PM
the only time I saw them was after the martini tasting...

I saw them after the wine tasting, whilst smoking my cigar. They had it in for me. I swear it was them that made me take a nap through dinner.

kab407
06-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Right on, George. :thumbsup2 IMHO -It would be a big help to Tracy if folks with general cruise questions would do some research before asking her, since she is already dealing with well over the # of cruisers we had last time...

You could look here first... For the First Time Cruisers -Ask your questions here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178933)

Or Kevin's Sticky.. (That's a noun, btw;))Links That I Think Might Help New Cruisers. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2179446)

Or even here... *** DIS DCL FAQ - New Alphabetical Listing of DCL Information *** (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2068966)

Just one Loud Jerk's opinion who loves Tracy very much.... :hug:

Now back to your regularly scheduled frivolity... :banana:

Hey Loud Jerk with an opinion who loves Tracy very much! :wave2:

How's Susan?

scarlett873
06-15-2009, 10:33 PM
:wave2:

UrsulasShadow
06-15-2009, 10:38 PM

Oh, I don't know about this....with a ship full of Baptists, I suspect everyone would end up in the water...

ADP
06-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Hi B!
What are you and Matthew up to tonight? Friday night at Houlihan's 7:00PM, right?

maroo
06-15-2009, 11:02 PM
I left for a few hours and come back to this?! You guys have me laughing hysterically. Jamie, it looks like your camera stick got someone in some trouble.

:lmao:

:
You may not be sooo innocent after the Martini tasting. You will be going, correct?

Glad to see you over here! I loved loved loved reading your trip reports, especially the one that was posted about GKTW village! Can't wait to meet you in person!! :hug:

Aw! Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed Lauren's TR. She is one precious girl!

I don't know. :sad2: I hear this group is really...how did Kevin put it...very friendly and open to new people.

I reserved my cabin today...so we will see.

Oh, I don't know about this....with a ship full of Baptists, I suspect everyone would end up in the water...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :lmao: That is funny. Even to this Baptist. ::yes:: We do usually try to make sure they come back out of the water. :angel:

scarlett873
06-15-2009, 11:04 PM
Hi B!
What are you and Matthew up to tonight? Friday night at Houlihan's 7:00PM, right?I got home from class about an hour ago...and DH is catching up on Bill Maher...nothing exciting...

And yep...Friday night...Houlihans at Castleton...7pm...:thumbsup2

Madi100
06-15-2009, 11:20 PM

Stay away from my spot :)

maiziezoe
06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
hey everybody! I just booked the podcast cruise and have a question....i looked at disney website to see what rooms are still available and then req one of them, I can't believe how many rooms have been booked! So is it true that there are only a few cat 11 rooms left on deck 6 and thats it?? Oh a maybe a few on deck 5...deck 7 seems to be booked...and also if you req a room with dreams unlimited and give deposit does your room get held then or assigned at a late date...thanks!:woohoo:

Oh and I know this is all relative, but I get veryyyy sea sick, I reserved deck 6 towards the back of the ship (all middle rooms were booked) on the inside..is there a better spot?..once went on a rccl porthole room front of ship and was very sick the whole time, I heard lower decks are better maybe I should get a cat 10 and be on deck 2?? opinions??

My DD-2 and I have very bad motion sickness. We had cabins on deck 2 and never felt queezy the entire cruise.

Hi Ann! :wave2:

Hi Anna!! Did the bad weather catch up to you today?

:hug: for putting your house on the market and for cleaning.

THAT IS HYSTERICAL!! :rotfl:

maroo
06-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Stay away from my spot :)

Are you Nicole? :) :wave:

If this is in reference to me, and I can assure you, your spot is quite safe! :thumbsup2

:rotfl:

Becx N Gav
06-16-2009, 03:04 AM
Morning all, looks like you had a busy night yesterday :lmao:

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :thumbsup2

Renysmom
06-16-2009, 06:00 AM
I stay away one night and this thread goes crazy :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

tlcoke
06-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Looks like we may be in for some severe weather here this afternoon. Getting ready to go on my morning walk. Have a good day!!

kymickeyfan717
06-16-2009, 06:29 AM
Morning all - hope all have a good Tuesday - only 3 more days til the weekend & the new iPhone (not counting today...):)

tiggerbell
06-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Yes, Don and the "steeeek" incident was funny! Everyone was cracking up - except for the EPCOT Police...

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43373%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D3235648447324nu0mrj

UrsulasShadow
06-16-2009, 07:08 AM
Good Morning, peeps!

Ah, what a dreary, delightful morn!

Only one truck today.

Dare I say it? We seem to be approaching the SLOWDOWN at the garden center!

Or, it could be that the weather stinks, and as soon as it hits 70 degrees again, the mobs will be back.

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Good Morning everyone! Hope Tuesday treats you well!

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 08:15 AM
I stay away one night and this thread goes crazy :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Everyone have a wonderful day!!

:lmao: if you think this is crazy Kelly, you ain't seen nuttin yet. :lmao:

Sneeze and 10 pages fly by. ::yes::

Have a good day. :goodvibes

Good Morning, peeps!

Only one truck today.

Or, it could be that the weather stinks, and as soon as it hits 70 degrees again, the mobs will be back.

Wine wife! :love:

Weather around here stinks Mindy. I would have a garden to weed if it wasn't like quicksand. :scared1: Need to get it done before Thursday noon. Big plans. :woohoo:

Have a good day everyone! :dance3:

cocowum
06-16-2009, 08:21 AM
Good Morning everyone. :surfweb: Happy Tuesday. :goodvibes

We have had some seriously wet weather around here. :umbrella:

Stay dry and have a great day! :)

and just for old times sake...:teeth:

jeanigor 75
georgemoe 66
Becx N Gav 58
Launchpad11B 58
dpuck1998 56
kab407 54
ADP 51
shellyminnie 49
Disneybridein2k3 48
winotracy 47
DVCsince02 36
katscradle 33
scarlett873 32
Dodie 31
cocowum 29
experiment_627 28
aspen37 26
tickledtink33

experiment_627
06-16-2009, 08:25 AM
Morning gang! I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 08:26 AM

I looked at that yesterday and smiled my self. :angel::angel::angel:

experiment_627
06-16-2009, 08:52 AM
I just noticed that my morning post here made me a DIS veteran. :goodvibes

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 08:55 AM

WooHoo!!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::yay::yay:

Glad to be in your company:yay::yay::yay:

Annette_VA
06-16-2009, 08:56 AM
Morning, everyone! I actually have the day off and am trying to figure out what the boys and I will do today. It's only supposed to be 77 today. Should be nice!! Hope everyone has a great day :thumbsup2

Congrats! :cheer2:

BriarRosie
06-16-2009, 09:00 AM

:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

I'm having a good week. I am going to be off tomorrow through Friday. :banana:

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 09:06 AM

Hi Alicia! :wave2: We need sun!

:dance3: Sweet! :dance3:

shellyminnie
06-16-2009, 09:07 AM
Morning Everyone!!

jeanigor 75
georgemoe 66
Becx N Gav 58
Launchpad11B 58
dpuck1998 56
kab407 54
ADP 51
shellyminnie 49
Disneybridein2k3 48
winotracy 47
DVCsince02 36
katscradle 33
scarlett873 32
Dodie 31
cocowum 29
experiment_627 28
aspen37 26
tickledtink33
[/LIST]

Surprise, surprise Todd is in first. :) At least I made the Top 10!! :yay:

Madi100
06-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Are you Nicole? :) :wave:

If this is in reference to me, and I can assure you, your spot is quite safe! :thumbsup2

Yep, I'm Nicole :wave: Welcome aboard! I'm not so sure that that spot is safe from ME.

I'm glad you've jumped in and joined us, though.

maroo
06-16-2009, 09:26 AM
Yep, I'm Nicole :wave: Welcome aboard! I'm not so sure that that spot is safe from ME.

I'm glad you've jumped in and joined us, though.

Thanks! I am glad I have jumped in, too!

Guys...I have gained...too much weight...in the past month and a half...so it is time for some SERIOUS get back to business on exercise!

I need to go join the thread over there that is getting in shape for this cruise.

Anyway...

And what is up with the lists? Someone fill the newbie in! Please. :flower3:

Madi100
06-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a rainy, dreary day here. Today is the realtor open house for our home, so we have to be gone from 10-2. Emilie is at Grandma's house, so it's just Madi and me. I think we're going to head to the mall and see a movie and go out for lunch. Some good quality girl time. We had our first showing last night, which is pretty good since it went on the market yesterday.

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 09:36 AM
And what is up with the lists? Someone fill the newbie in! Please. :flower3:

The list is the post count for the thread. Who has posted and with how many posts.

Way back before I signed up for 1.0, someone started posting it. Not sure why. But it's been fun. Unless you're Tracy. Then its not so fun.

In a week or so, once Jen is back....we can have a posting war.

Hey did anyone notice we are just a few pages away from 100?:laughing::laughing:

Madi100
06-16-2009, 09:41 AM
Yes, Don and the "steeeek" incident was funny! Everyone was cracking up - except for the EPCOT Police...

http://images.photo1.walgreens.com/232323232%7Ffp43373%3Enu%3D3235%3E588%3E%3A%3A%3B% 3EWSNRCG%3D3235648447324nu0mrj

So did you really get in trouble with the police at Epcot? That is too funny.

winotracy
06-16-2009, 09:43 AM
The list is the post count for the thread. Who has posted and with how many posts.

Way back before I signed up for 1.0, someone started posting it. Not sure why. But it's been fun. Unless you're Tracy. Then its not so fun.

Hey did anyone notice we are just a few pages away from 100?:laughing::laughing:

Todd's looking to be on my bad list.

Madi100
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Jen, would have DEFINITELY started a posting war by now!

maroo
06-16-2009, 09:55 AM

Thanks for the explanation! :goodvibes

winotracy
06-16-2009, 09:57 AM
My preliminary count only adds up to 865. So the exact count may vary slightly, but:

Cat. 1-2
Cat. 2-2
Cat. 3-18
Cat. 4-80
Cat. 5-118
Cat. 6-138
Cat. 7-30
Cat. 8-44
Cat. 9-177
Cat. 10-96
Cat. 11-147
Cat. 12-13

Total is actually 877 (I missed two before). Here is the correct breakdown. Todd was close.

Cat. 1-2
Cat. 2-2
Cat. 3-18
Cat. 4-80
Cat. 5-114
Cat. 6-138
Cat. 7-30
Cat. 8-60
Cat. 9-177
Cat. 10-96
Cat. 11-147
Cat. 12-13

Please no more questions about totals, ratios, percentages or anything like this. I feel a need to check into it and it takes too much time with so many of you.

Thanks!

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 09:58 AM
Todd's looking to be on my bad list.

Who Me? :blush:

I'd like to win the triple crown...so what's another list I can be tops on?

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Toddles. Your sig is in disaray. The countdown tag for PCC 2.0 is out of line and cut off. :sad1:

I know you can fix it. :)

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 10:07 AM
¿That work better for you Señor?

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 10:08 AM
¿That work better for you Señor?

Mucho. ::yes::

katscradle
06-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Good morning guys!
We have a beautiful day here, and it is supposed to reach a high of 23 C today.
Don't know what that is in F.
But it's warm.
Today is a car shopping day! :yay::yay:
DH has the day off, so I have to go wake him so we can go.
I really need the new car, to much wrong with mine to fix.
I also discovered on the weekend that the air cond. is now not working.
I looked at him and said leather seats and no air. :scared1::scared1::scared1:
Anyway have a good day!

Becx N Gav
06-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Good Morning, peeps!

Only one truck today.

Don't speak too soon...............

Good Morning everyone! Hope Tuesday treats you well!

Treats - yummy :banana:

:lmao: if you think this is crazy Kelly, you ain't seen nuttin yet. :lmao:

Sneeze and 10 pages fly by. ::yes::

I'm all ready for it - bring it on :surfweb:

jeanigor 75
georgemoe 66
Becx N Gav 58
Launchpad11B 58
dpuck1998 56
kab407 54
ADP 51
shellyminnie 49
Disneybridein2k3 48
winotracy 47
DVCsince02 36
katscradle 33
scarlett873 32
Dodie 31
cocowum 29
experiment_627 28
aspen37 26
tickledtink33

Gargh, I was trying to sneak my way to the top but you beat me to it! At least I'm on a list :woohoo:

Congrats :woohoo:

Becx N Gav
06-16-2009, 10:24 AM
:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

I'm having a good week. I am going to be off tomorrow through Friday. :banana:

I love the little Heimlich in you siggie :lovestruc

Thanks for the PW heads up, I may need a day off work to do this but I will fight to the end :surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

Good morning guys!
But it's warm.
Anyway have a good day!

23 C is nice :beach: not too hot but not too chilly either! Ohhh leather seats and no air :scared1: when I was little we had a Citroen 2CV6 (one of those soft tops) with plastic seats and in those days the only aircon was opening the windows or roof, the number of times I stuck to those seats :headache:

ADP
06-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Morning Peeps! :wave:

For some reason I have extra energy today. Anybody want some? :teleport:

It must have been the ABBA music I was listening to on the way to work this morning. :lmao: It got me thinking about the group Karaoke at Wavebands! :)

Becx N Gav

I did hear someone say that security were following us, I thought it was because Gav (DH) was with us :rotfl:

shellyminnie
Good morning guys!
But it's warm.
Anyway have a good day!

Have fun car shopping!!

Becx N Gav
06-16-2009, 10:29 AM

It must have been the ABBA music I was listening to on the way to work this morning. :lmao: It got me thinking about the group Karaoke at Wavebands! :)

I'll have some, send it over bottled please :goodvibes how much do you charge?

I was woken up way too early by a magpie sitting outside the bedroom window :headache:

Never mind, 1 hour left at work :woohoo:

Madi100
06-16-2009, 10:34 AM

PLEASE!!! I need some energy!

guynwdm
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
I just checked on the Carnival Glory and Valor and their rooms are 184 sq ft which is close to the category 11 and 12 on the Magic and Wonder. The older ships were smaller than this.

I have done 4 carnival cruises and their cabins have been much smaller. (and dirtier, poorly maintained, noisier, etc. than disney ships) Tracy is right and you will find the layout of the rooms make them seem larger as well. The layout of the Disney ships is much easier as well. example, who creates a buffet that you have to carry a tray up stairs on rocking ship? Not a smart idea. Ok, done on my rant.

Ok, I have missed way too many days and well it is raining AGAIN....

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I have done 4 carnival cruises and their cabins have been much smaller. (and dirtier, poorly maintained, noisier, etc. than disney ships) Tracy is right and you will find the layout of the rooms make them seem larger as well. The layout of the Disney ships is much easier as well. example, who creates a buffet that you have to carry a tray up stairs on rocking ship? Not a smart idea. Ok, done on my rant.

Carrying a tray upstairs? And that doesn't go against the ADA? Besides it just sounds absurd!

maroo
06-16-2009, 10:44 AM
I want some energy!

And some concentration, too!! I need to get some work done. But for some reason I am distracted? :confused3

And the heat index is already 97F and it is only 9:43 in the morning. :faint:

guynwdm
06-16-2009, 10:52 AM

I guess that could be one way to determine who is "comando" touring.

I know, I am far behind on the posts.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Dodie
06-16-2009, 11:00 AM
:wave2: Good morning everyone! (It is still morning - isn't it?) Work has been C-R-A-Z-Y the past two weeks and I've had little time to browse or post here.

She wasn't at all impressed with Don's antics with the camera steeek and came over to check out the situation. Some of us went to bat for Don, explaining to her that the intended target was his own wife and his buddy and it was all innocent fun. She was appeased, but grumpy nonetheless. (Oh - and it was PHILLIP (innocent, quiet, sneaky Phillip) who took that photo, not me!)

maroo
06-16-2009, 11:02 AM

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

guynwdm
06-16-2009, 11:04 AM
Carrying a tray upstairs? And that doesn't go against the ADA? Besides it just sounds absurd!

Even more so they repeated it on several ships. Their ships actually have several ADA violations, (person on my last cruise fell and sprained ankle, she was in wheel chair, they had to change tables because they could not get the chair to our table, they had to have a table inside the door because it could not get through the dining room because they tables are so cramped together) good thing they are not registered in the USA.

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Even more so they repeated it on several ships. Their ships actually have several ADA violations, (person on my last cruise fell and sprained ankle, she was in wheel chair, they had to change tables because they could not get the chair to our table, they had to have a table inside the door because it could not get through the dining room because they tables are so cramped together) good thing they are not registered in the USA.

You all are making PCC 1.5 seem less desirable. I'm still up for going, but a little less party: about it now. You know? But life is not a spectator sport!

guynwdm
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM
You all are making PCC 1.5 seem less desirable. I'm still up for going, but a little less party: about it now. You know? But life is not a spectator sport!

PCC1.5 is on Royal Caribbean not Carnival. Carnival is in a class of it's own. (Notice I did not specify what that "class" is. :laughing: lol) I have done 4 Royal Caribbean cruises as well. (from the smallest to the biggest ships) All those were wonderful. :thumbsup2: They are great ships and crews. Thinking I might have to do PCC1.5 myself. Its been a looooong time since I have done Universal. (like before IOA opened was last time) I guess I need to get out and about in Orlando more.

Becx N Gav
06-16-2009, 11:19 AM

Woah, that's mad :scared1: and what are you supposed to do with the stroller and kids in tow :sad2: must have been designed by a man :rolleyes:

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
PCC1.5 is on Royal Caribbean not Carnival. Carnival is in a class of it's own. (Notice I did not specify what that "class" is. :laughing: lol) I have done 4 Royal Caribbean cruises as well. (from the smallest to the biggest ships) All those were wonderful. :thumbsup2: They are great ships and crews. Thinking I might have to do PCC1.5 myself. Its been a looooong time since I have done Universal. (like before IOA opened was last time) I guess I need to get out and about in Orlando more.

Guess I should read a little more carefully, eh?

Woah, that's mad :scared1: and what are you supposed to do with the stroller and kids in tow :sad2: must have been designed by a man :rolleyes:

Hey! I know a few men that are okay.

maiziezoe
06-16-2009, 11:34 AM

Congrats!! :cool1:

Beautiful morning here in Illinois... I can smell rain in the air and the clouds are moving in. I had a dream last night that it rained cockroaches. I really need to stop watching I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

Today my oldest son turns 21. Crazy. I can't believe I have a 21 year old and a 2 year old. I'm nuts.

Have a great day everyone!

tiggerbell
06-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Congrats!! :cool1:

Beautiful morning here in Illinois... I can smell rain in the air and the clouds are moving in. I had a dream last night that it rained cockroaches. I really need to stop watching I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here.

Today my oldest son turns 21. Crazy. I can't believe I have a 21 year old and a 2 year old. I'm nuts.

Have a great day everyone!

When I was 21, I had a 2 year old... and now she's 21!

maiziezoe
06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
When I was 21, I had a 2 year old... and now she's 21!

Jaime, I just sent my son a text that said, "ya know... when I was your age, I worked full time, went to college full time and I had a one year old. You're a slacker."

:laughing:

Pryncesa
06-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Have a nice easy week and enjoy your vacation - going anywhere nice?

Not really, just doing some things here locally.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good afternoon everyone. I hope you're doing well. I just got out of a long, boring staff meeting. :sad2:

Have a great day everyone! :)

Annette_VA
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM

Stay dry and have a great day! :)

jeanigor 75
georgemoe 66
Becx N Gav 58
Launchpad11B 58
dpuck1998 56
kab407 54
ADP 51
shellyminnie 49
Disneybridein2k3 48
winotracy 47
DVCsince02 36
katscradle 33
scarlett873 32
Dodie 31
cocowum 29
experiment_627 28
aspen37 26
tickledtink33

I've always wondered...where do you find this info? I know no one is actually keeping a tally & counting posts manually, right?

maroo
06-16-2009, 03:00 PM
I've always wondered...where do you find this info? I know no one is actually keeping a tally & counting posts manually, right?

I actually think someone is keeping track. :confused3

Do you feel stalked yet. :rotfl:

:rolleyes1

*** ha ha ha!

I sooooo stand corrected!

Dodie
06-16-2009, 03:01 PM

LOL.

Go back to the Podcast Cruise board main page and click on the Replies link next to the thread. (Right now it says 1369.) That brings up a summary of who has replied and how many times.

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 03:06 PM
LOL.

Go back to the Podcast Cruise board main page and click on the Replies link next to the thread. (Right now it says 1369.) That brings up a summary of who has replied and how many times.

Dodie is so helpful. :)

Hi Dodie! :wave:

maroo
06-16-2009, 03:09 PM
LOL.

wow...this is really cool. I had NO idea the DIS did that!

Got any more cool tricks up your sleeve?

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM
I had a dream last night that it rained cockroaches.

Eww. :crazy2: Gross. :crazy2:

Not for the individual threads, no. But I did keep a spreadsheet for the course of the first 10 threads of PCC 1.0. Interesting info....for a geek like me, at least.

Indeed, she is. :flower3::love:

Dodie
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Indeed, she is. :flower3::love:

Aww. Shucks. :cloud9: Thanks guys!

Annette_VA
06-16-2009, 03:42 PM
LOL.

See, I knew it had to be something simple like that, I just couldn't find it! Thanks, Dodie! :flower:

wow...this is really cool. I had NO idea the DIS did that!

Got any more cool tricks up your sleeve?

Did you know that if you click on this button http://disboards.com/images/buttons/firstnew.gif beside a thread title it will take you the first new post in the thread?

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/georgemoe/IMG_2183-2.gif

maroo
06-16-2009, 03:49 PM
Did you know that if you click on this button http://disboards.com/images/buttons/firstnew.gif beside a thread title it will take you the first new post in the thread?

:scared1: :eek:

No! I had no idea! :lmao:

You would think...with the amount of talking I do on this site...that I would know more about how it works. I am even tech oriented...I am just so wrapped up in all the threads that I don't pay attention! I just click "last" and read the whole page. :sad2:

What a time saver this will be! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

maroo
06-16-2009, 03:51 PM

this is so funny!!!! :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I am sorry...I soooooo have to ask...

Are you the George that forgot his wife in Norway?

kab407
06-16-2009, 03:57 PM

George, that is funny!!!!

You two crack me up! :rotfl2:

ADP
06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Where do you guys come up with this stuff!!! Hilarious!!!

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 04:12 PM
this is so funny!!!! :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I am sorry...I soooooo have to ask...

Are you the George that forgot his wife in Norway?

Yes I am Maroo. Nice to meet you.

She has RED eyes. If you see her please send her home. Last time I knew she was somewhere with the Puckett Family. :)

jeanigor
06-16-2009, 04:17 PM

She has RED eyes. If you see her please send her home. Last time I knew she was somewhere with the Puckett Family. :)

Then you better be careful, she might be thirsty. You might be on the menu. (Twilight reference brought up by a non-Twi-guy. Nice. :goodvibes)

maroo
06-16-2009, 04:21 PM

Nice to meet you, too!! :wave2:

If I get to come DATW with you guys in the future, I will be glad to look around occasionally and make sure she is with us! I don't really care for the taste of most alcohol, so I will be sober. :rotfl:

Do you have the pics somewhere of the fun she had later? I heard about it on the podcast but never did see those. I am cracking up just thinking about it.

So...I have never read Twilight...is it really that good? :confused3

Annette_VA
06-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Then you better be careful, she might be thirsty. You might be on the menu. (Twilight reference brought up by a non-Twi-guy. Nice. :goodvibes)

Excellent, Todd!

winotracy
06-16-2009, 04:26 PM
:scared1: :eek:

No! I had no idea! :lmao:

You would think...with the amount of talking I do on this site...that I would know more about how it works. I am even tech oriented...I am just so wrapped up in all the threads that I don't pay attention! I just click "last" and read the whole page. :sad2:

What a time saver this will be! :thumbsup2

Thanks!!

And with some of these podcast threads, you'll miss many pages of posts the "old way" of catching up.

kab407
06-16-2009, 04:41 PM

I'm so sorry George on the loss of Deb. She was so sweet. :sad1:

Does Mindy still need a wine-hubby?

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 04:49 PM

Excellent, Todd!

Annette please don't get him all worked up on Twinkies, oops, I mean Twilight. :lmao:

I'm so sorry George on the loss of Deb. She was so sweet. :sad1:

Does Mindy still need a wine-hubby?

No she doesn't need one as I am still incapac......, no, in that capacity. :)

georgemoe
06-16-2009, 04:55 PM

If I get to come DATW with you guys in the future, I will be glad to look around occasionally and make sure she is with us! I don't really care for the taste of most alcohol, so I will be sober. :rotfl:

Do you have the pics somewhere of the fun she had later? I heard about it on the podcast but never did see those. I am cracking up just thinking about it.

I'm thinking the slushies in France will be to your liking. ::yes::

And as far as that pic goes, it is easily find-able here but I prefer to let the legend die. ;)

katscradle
06-16-2009, 07:41 PM
23 C is nice :beach: not too hot but not too chilly either! Ohhh leather seats and no air :scared1: when I was little we had a Citroen 2CV6 (one of those soft tops) with plastic seats and in those days the only aircon was opening the windows or roof, the number of times I stuck to those seats :headache:

It was a nice day here, and I know what you are talking about.
I still remember my mom's Monte Carlo with the vinyl seats! EWWWW!

Todd I love that saying!
Life is not a spectator sport! :thumbsup2

katscradle
06-16-2009, 07:47 PM

So...I have never read Twilight...is it really that good? :confused3

Just go into the dis podcast boards and go to page 3 or 4 and look for a thread called Great Cruise, and the name of the person that started that thread was Leftinnorway. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
It was a great read, you will enjoy it. :lmao::lmao:

Tonya2426
06-16-2009, 07:53 PM

Only a true Twilighter can make anything a Twilight reference. ;)

Dodie
06-16-2009, 07:55 PM
This is the second night in a row that I've wished it was chat night. There is NOTHING good on TV.

Guess I'll break out my Kindle and read.

katscradle
06-16-2009, 07:58 PM
O.K. here's an update on the car shopping.
Test drove a Ford Escape, nice but looking at 40k after taxes.
Test drove a Dodge Journey, didn't like we were boncing all over the place, 30k.
Test drove the Honda CRV, didn't like it either. Too much vehicle for only a 4 banger, no pick-up, looking at 35k.
Test drove the Hyundai Santa Fe, loved this vechicle has great pick-up.
It's the one with the 3.3 litre engine, which I have now. And it's loaded, Price 32k. :thumbsup2
However tomorrow we will be test driving a few more vehicles before making our final descision.
See next post for a funny conversation with Hyundai sales guy. :rotfl2:

maroo
06-16-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm thinking the slushies in France will be to your liking. ::yes::

And as far as that pic goes, it is easily find-able here but I prefer to let the legend die. ;)

My friend sitting here, Lauren, said I am obnoxious enough without drinking any alcohol. :rotfl: :lmao: 16-yr-olds!!! Sheesh.

And fair enough...we can let it go away...

Just go into the dis podcast boards and go to page 3 or 4 and look for a thread called Great Cruise, and the name of the person that started that thread was Leftinnorway. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
It was a great read, you will enjoy it. :lmao::lmao:

or not... :rolleyes1

:tiptoe: :ssst:

Renysmom
06-16-2009, 08:10 PM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Renysmom
06-16-2009, 08:14 PM
O.K. here's an update on the car shopping.
Test drove a Ford Escape, nice but looking at 40k after taxes.
Test drove a Dodge Journey, didn't like we were boncing all over the place, 30k.
Test drove the Honda CRV, didn't like it either. Too much vehicle for only a 4 banger, no pick-up, looking at 35k.
Test drove the Hyundai Santa Fe, loved this vechicle has great pick-up.
It's the one with the 3.3 litre engine, which I have now. And it's loaded, Price 32k. :thumbsup2
However tomorrow we will be test driving a few more vehicles before making our final descision.
See next post for a funny conversation with Hyundai sales guy. :rotfl2:

Have fun test driving, I had a Santa Fe and LOVED it, not sure why I let John talk me out of it and into something else. Not even sure what we bought in its place, now I have a Acadia and absolutely love it, lots of room, great mileage and it looks great... You may want to look at those as well.

katscradle
06-16-2009, 08:15 PM
O.K. here goes the next post:
We are at Hyundai and we have already taken the Santa Fe out for a test drive. We are inside at Sam, the saleman's desk getting the final cost on the Santa Fe.
He asks if we will be needing plates for the vehicle.
DH says no she has plates vanity plates.
I then tell him my plate says DISNEFAN
He looks at me and I say we love going to Disney.
He looks at us and says he is taking the family for Sept. during free dining.
I look at him and tell him he will need to book his ADR'S at the end of June.
He says what are ADR'S. So we start explaining ADR'S and he says do you go to WDW alot. John says yes! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I say not enough! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
John says we just got back from 15 days with a 4 night Disney cruise in the middle of the 15 day trip.
And we will be going for another 14 days in December.
We also have a 1 week ABD trip for DL planned for next April.
And we also have another trip on the books for December 2110 which will be 12 days WDW, then 4 night cruise, then a couple more days WDW before heading home. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
He then asked if we wanted to hire or adopt him! :rotfl::rotfl:
We then go from dining to DVC and John explains that! :rotfl::rotfl:
Then we are on to the topic of the best way to tour a park, and ridemax.
I tell him to have his wife call and we will set her up with the info she needs and the date she will need to book their dining.
Then John offers to print out a ridemax iternary for each of the parks they will visit in their 1 week stay.
He looks at us and says, "do you believe there are some people you are just meant to meet in your life" and I said yes!
So that was our car shopping day today!
We are off to test drive a few more vehicles tomorrow before making our final decision. :thumbsup2

ragtopday
06-16-2009, 08:51 PM
We are at Hyundai and we have already taken the Santa Fe out for a test drive. We are inside at Sam, the saleman's desk getting the final cost on the Santa Fe.
He says what are ADR'S. So we start explaining ADR'S and he says do you go to WDW alot. John says yes! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
John says we just got back from 15 days with a 4 night Disney cruise in the middle of the 15 day trip.
And we also have another trip on the books for December 2110 which will be 12 days WDW, then 4 night cruise, then a couple more days WDW before heading home. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I tell him to have his wife call and we will set her up with the info she needs and the date she will need to book their dining.
Then John offers to print out a ridemax iternary for each of the parks they will visit in their 1 week stay.
He looks at us and says, "do you believe there are some people you are just meant to meet in your life" and I said yes!
We are off to test drive a few more vehicles tomorrow before making our final decision. :thumbsup2

Wow, it was really Sam's lucky day! I think you just made his trip a whole lot more enjoyable!

Hope if you end up in a Hyundai that he is able to return the favor! ;)

SFBayDon
06-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Hey Todd,
A contest just for you.
good luck
Don

http://family.go.com/sweeps/princess/?CMP=NLC-Insider_TiarasAndTeacups

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

A.Mickey
06-16-2009, 09:22 PM

WOW!! I really do think you need to go on 1.5! You mean to tell us that you haven't gone to IOA? :eek:

Jaime, I just sent my son a text that said, "ya know... when I was your age, I worked full time, went to college full time and I had a one year old. You're a slacker."

Ha ha ha too funny! What does he do? I hope you enjoyed dinner!

LOL.

Learn something new everyday!

Oh wow! Lucky you! Don't you love it when you can talk Disney with someone who is interested! I hope he will help you a little bit too! ;) Good luck!

Disneybridein2k3
06-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Especially if there are 2 for 1 specials......You'll make sure you have a bunch of friends.....
Hey! Is this is a jab against me? :confused3
This is funny in a creepy, odd sort of way.

Disneybridein2k3
06-16-2009, 09:53 PM
So I was trying to multi-post and be a good kid and all but now I read that Don (puck-number, number, something something, not the Don who won't help me back to my hotel after DATW) is beating me on posts so now I can't multi-quote anymore until I can't get my numbers up. I'll just have to start pulling a Todd around here. :idea:

sandyh67
06-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Been off the boards for awhile and just wanted to say

katscradle
06-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Wow, it was really Sam's lucky day! I think you just made his trip a whole lot more enjoyable!

Hope if you end up in a Hyundai that he is able to return the favor! ;)

Thanks I am hoping so to!
He has never taken his children 9 & 11 to WDW before and I want them to have a great time. :)

Dodie
06-16-2009, 10:28 PM

dpuck1998
06-17-2009, 12:15 AM
So I was trying to multi-post and be a good kid and all but now I read that Don (puck-number, number, something something, not the Don who won't help me back to my hotel after DATW) is beating me on posts so now I can't multi-quote anymore until I can't get my numbers up. I'll just have to start pulling a Todd around here. :idea:

I'm actually beating someone? I've been slacking off!

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:00 AM

So is that PCC 102.0? :rotfl:

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:02 AM

Good luck, I've been trying to sneak my way up ;) But I'm getting ready for the final sprint...........

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:02 AM
Morning all - hope it's a fun one :cool1:

Hump day here we come :goodvibes

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 03:10 AM

WOW that's scary first thing in the morning :scared1:

Disneybridein2k3
06-17-2009, 05:34 AM
Mornin' everyone! Although I am NOT happy about having to be up this stinkin early today. I am however, not upset about being out of the house today - DH is sick and I would rather be at work than here :sick:
I'm really glad for the 1/2 of the team that is out in CA enjoying themselves, but man, no podcast this week makes for a loooonnnnngggg week!

experiment_627
06-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Mornin' everyone! Although I am NOT happy about having to be up this stinkin early today. I am however, not upset about being out of the house today - DH is sick and I would rather be at work than here :sick:
I'm really glad for the 1/2 of the team that is out in CA enjoying themselves, but man, no podcast this week makes for a loooonnnnngggg week!

I hope Ken feels better soon!

Morning all!

I had another restless night, so I am not happy to be awake either. Thankfully, today is a paperwork and casual day. If only we didn't have a staff meeting...I hear it is going to be a long one. Blerg.

Have a great hump day!

Renysmom
06-17-2009, 05:42 AM
Good Morning all...

Today is the day I flip over my department's intranet to a new design, if the last of the stragglers provide me with what I need. I hope this goes well cause I have been working on this for what seems like forever and I want it to go away. There are other projects awaiting..

Everyone have a wonderful day!

tlcoke
06-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I am moving very sloooowly this morning. Working during the day and Vacation Bible School at night is catching up with me.

Have a good day!!

kymickeyfan717
06-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Morning all... Dragging myself this morning. I was up to late last night watching the CMT awards .. Gotta see my Rascal Flatts... Oh well - at least it's hump day and the week is half over :)

CinderellasSister
06-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Good Morning all...

Today is the day I flip over my department's intranet to a new design, if the last of the stragglers provide me with what I need. I hope this goes well cause I have been working on this for what seems like forever and I want it to go away. There are other projects awaiting..

Good Luck today with the project. Hope it all goes well.

Morning all... Dragging myself this morning. I was up to late last night watching the CMT awards .. Gotta see my Rascal Flatts... Oh well - at least it's hump day and the week is half over :)

Aww, man, I forgot they were on last night! Darn! I'll have to try to catch the highlights on the news.

safetymom
06-17-2009, 07:39 AM
Good morning everyone!!!! Happy Wednesday.

katscradle
06-17-2009, 07:40 AM

it's supposed to be 2010, but you guy's knew that anyway!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

katscradle
06-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Good morning everyone!
Now all of you that are tried and dragging you butts, get out there and do what needs to be done. There are trips to plan.:yay::yay:
As for me there is a kitchen and bathroom to clean before I can go and finish my test driving and make a final decision on the new vehicle.
Beside if I woke DH at this hour of the morning I might have other things to worry about.:eek::eek::eek:
Needless to say he is not a morning person, unless he is on vacation.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 08:02 AM
You didn't get this link from me Maroo, but there is something you were looking for if you just click:
Here. (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2186323) Olé.:laughing::laughing:

Hey Todd,
A contest just for you.
good luck
Don

http://family.go.com/sweeps/princess/?CMP=NLC-Insider_TiarasAndTeacups

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

That would be awesome, but I bet there would be some rule or stipulation that you are a pre-teen girl. Isn't that discrimination?

Hey! Is this is a jab against me? :confused3

Nope. Just the truth. Buy people drinks, they are more friendly. If someone drinks them all (I think I drank about as many at the PodCastAway Party), then that someone gets very friendly. And by friendly, I mean tipsy.:upsidedow:upsidedow

I resemble that remark!:goodvibes

:wave: Hiya Sandy!

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 08:12 AM
Last night DP wanted to stay up and wait for the iPhone OS upgrade/release. He figured it would be out at midnight Pacific Time (aka 0300[am]). When my alarm went off at 0530, he was still clicking away on the computer.:sad2::sad2: I told him to turn it off and go to sleep, the update would still be there when he got up. I didn't have time to brush my teeth before the loud sound of his snoring woke up the puppies, who then proceeded to bark at him until he stopped.:rotfl:

ADP
06-17-2009, 08:30 AM
Good Morning! :wave:
It's a beautiful day here, not so much because of the weather, but because tonight is CHAT NIGHT!!! :)

ADP
06-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Last night DP wanted to stay up and wait for the iPhone OS upgrade/release. He figured it would be out at midnight Pacific Time (aka 0300[am]). When my alarm went off at 0530, he was still clicking away on the computer.:sad2::sad2: I told him to turn it off and go to sleep, the update would still be there when he got up. I didn't have time to brush my teeth before the loud sound of his snoring woke up the puppies, who then proceeded to bark at him until he stopped.:rotfl:
I'm getting my new IPhone 3Gs this Friday and I hope the new OS will be on it. I would assume so anyway. :rolleyes1

Becx N Gav
06-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I'm getting my new IPhone 3Gs this Friday and I hope the new OS will be on it. I would assume so anyway. :rolleyes1

You'll have to let us know what it's like. DH got a iPhone just before the cruise, but as he was already a customer (with the phone company that does iPhones here) he kept his sim card (which was about 3 years old) when he was using the 3G to surf he found it very slow. Eventually he found out on line you need a 3G compatible sim to be able to use it effectively - not that his phone company told him that :sad2: Luckily he was able to take his phone into the nearest store and get a new sim.

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 08:45 AM
:wave2: Good morning everyone - except - for one. :mad:

ADP
06-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Just checking, but did anyone else receive a request yesterday/last night from Dreams to transfer their Podcast Cruise reservation from DCL to Dreams? I filled out the form and submitted as instructed.

You'll have to let us know what it's like. DH got a iPhone just before the cruise, but as he was already a customer (with the phone company that does iPhones here) he kept his sim card (which was about 3 years old) when he was using the 3G to surf he found it very slow. Eventually he found out on line you need a 3G compatible sim to be able to use it effectively - not that his phone company told him that :sad2: Luckily he was able to take his phone into the nearest store and get a new sim.
I will let you know. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I have an upcoming trip planned to WDW. So, this time I'll be able to post pics while in the parks via Facebook and maybe even right to the DIS.

Uh Oh! Morning George! :)

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 08:57 AM

¡Buenos dias, George! ¿Como estas?:laughing::laughing:

dpuck1998
06-17-2009, 08:59 AM

:rolleyes1 Someone mess'en with Jorge? I'll send out the troops!

shellyminnie
06-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Good Morning!!! It's Wednesday!!! I do love Wednesday's although this will be a looooong day!! I have a dr's appointment this morning, then I have to come home, pick up my Grandfather and take him to his dr's appointment, then meet my sister so she can pick up her car, then eat, then go grocery shopping.

BUT I'll should be home before CHAT TONIGHT!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Have a good day!!

winotracy
06-17-2009, 09:04 AM
Just checking, but did anyone else receive a request yesterday/last night from Dreams to transfer their Podcast Cruise reservation from DCL to Dreams? I filled out the form and submitted as instructed.

That's not what the email was requesting. It was saying if you didn't book with Dreams on the cruise that you could transfer it to us now. All of you who booked on the Podcast Cruise should have received notification from me in May about this. If you didn't, please just send me an email.

The email also requested that you fill out a survey about the service you received from Dreams.

Dodie
06-17-2009, 09:04 AM
:wave2: Good morning, everyone!

Aaron's getting an iPhone now? I'm jealous. I have to wait until November when my Verizon contract ends.

By the way, Aaron, I assumed that our cruise was already with DU and that was just a form e-mail. Let us know what you find out. Oops. AskTracy was "on it" and beat me to the punch.

Jen and family are enjoying their day at sea today. :thumbsup2

winotracy
06-17-2009, 09:05 AM

Aaron's getting an iPhone now? I'm jealous. I have to wait until November when my Verizon contract ends.

By the way, Aaron, I assumed that our cruise was already with DU and that was just a form e-mail. Let us know what you find out. Oops. AskTracy was "on it" and beat me to the punch.

See my post above.

ADP
06-17-2009, 09:07 AM
Don't forget the tequilla bar in the Mexico pavillion will be opening soon. ;)

Send out the Green Army Men from Toy Story. Those men are Bad!

Good Morning!!! It's Wednesday!!! I do love Wednesday's although this will be a looooong day!! I have a dr's appointment this morning, then I have to come home, pick up my Grandfather and take him to his dr's appointment, then meet my sister so she can pick up her car, then eat, then go grocery shopping.

BUT I'll should be home before CHAT TONIGHT!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Have a good day!!
Sounds like a full day Shelly! Catch you in chat tonight!

ADP
06-17-2009, 09:11 AM
That's not what the email was requesting. It was saying if you didn't book with Dreams on the cruise that you could transfer it to us now. All of you who booked on the Podcast Cruise should have received notification from me in May about this. If you didn't, please just send me an email.

The email also requested that you fill out a survey about the service you received from Dreams.
Sorry Tracy. I filled out the form and submitted it. I figured when I booked on PC 1.0 and requested Dreams they transferred it for us, or you did it later, but when I saw the email this morning I wasn't sure and filled it out to be on the safe side. I assume I generated another reservation number. I hope I didn't screw it up too bad. Sorry. :upsidedow

ETA: Can I still be on the good list? Please? :o

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 09:12 AM

I don't think I received such an e-mail. I can access my reservation through the client section on Dream Unlimited's website, so I figured it was already set up through Dreams.

I'd really like to fill out the survey. (Especially if there is a part about how wonderful your agent was.....:love::love::lovestruc)

winotracy
06-17-2009, 09:13 AM
Sorry Tracy. I filled out the form and submitted it. I figured when I booked on PC 1.0 and requested Dreams they transferred it for us, or you did it later, but when I saw the email this morning I wasn't sure and filled it out to be on the safe side. I assume I generated another reservation number. I hope I didn't screw it up too bad. Sorry. :upsidedow

I saw your name and advised the people handling transfers to not set it up. All is ok.

winotracy
06-17-2009, 09:16 AM
I don't think I received such an e-mail. I can access my reservation through the client section on Dream Unlimited's website, so I figured it was already set up through Dreams.

I'd really like to fill out the survey. (Especially if there is a part about how wonderful your agent was.....:love::love::lovestruc)

Thanks Todd. I looked at it again and there is no survey. The survey comes with other types of bookings (like after your DAP trip if you book with Dreams).

ADP
06-17-2009, 09:18 AM
I saw your name and advised the people handling transfers to not set it up. All is ok.
Thanks Tracy! :goodvibes

Thank you too Dodie. :)
I bet Jen & fam are going to have a fab time at sea today.

klam_chowder
06-17-2009, 09:19 AM
my in-laws were here for a 3 week visit :scared: :scared1: :faint:

they left last nite :worship: :cool1: :cool1: :banana:

so I can finally get back to :disrocks:

i'll have to catch up on the threads :surfweb:

wanted to first pop in and say morning all! :wave2:

cheers,
:flower3:

Disneybridein2k3
06-17-2009, 09:30 AM

cheers,
I was WONDERING where you've been!!! Welcome back!!!

Disneybridein2k3
06-17-2009, 09:31 AM
Was it something I said?
PS - you know I love you George!

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks Todd. I looked at it again and there is no survey. The survey comes with other types of bookings (like after your DAP trip if you book with Dreams).

What do you mean, if I book through Dreams? The only if is if I am going to be able to go. Assuming I can go, I will be booking through Dreams.

cheers,

:welcome: back!!! Glad you survived! :hug:

cocowum
06-17-2009, 09:36 AM
I noticed this too. Way to plan ahead Katherine...:lmao::lmao::lmao:
Good Morning all...

Good luck Kelly!:goodvibes

:banana::banana::banana: Are you excited, Aaron? :rolleyes1
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Good morning...Señor Jorge http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/biggrinbandit.gif

I will let you know. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I have an upcoming trip planned to WDW. So, this time I'll be able to post pics while in the parks via Facebook and maybe even right to the DIS.

I got one too but I thought it was just a form letter. After reading Tracy's post, I'll go back and fill out the survey. ;) Gotta remain on the good list! :angel::angel::angel:

Morning everyone! Have a great day! :goodvibes

ADP
06-17-2009, 09:42 AM
:banana::banana::banana: Are you excited, Aaron? :rolleyes1
I got one too but I thought it was just a form letter. After reading Tracy's post, I'll go back and fill out the survey. ;) Gotta remain on the good list! :angel::angel::angel:

Morning everyone! Have a great day! :goodvibes
Very excited Alicia! I can't wait to get it. I've wanted one for some time, but waited because of the possibility of a new phone announcement at the WWDC; which happened a few weeks ago. My only fear is I'll like it so much I'll never stop using it. Kim may have to pry it from my hands! ;)

shellyminnie
06-17-2009, 09:51 AM
Very excited Alicia! I can't wait to get it. I've wanted one for some time, but waited because of the possibility of a new phone announcement at the WWDC; which happened a few weeks ago. My only fear is I'll like it so much I'll never stop using it. Kim may have to pry it from my hands! ;)

She probably will!! You're always on your phone now, it's going to be worse with the iPhone!! :rotfl2:

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 09:55 AM

No all is good. :goodvibes The picture has a proper "podcast" anchor and I prefer it not spoon fed. Those who really want to see it should be able to find it themselves - TODD. :rotfl:

Hi Dodie. Boy that was a quick cruise. Hope they are having fun @sea.

Don't forget the tequilla bar in the Mexico pavillion will be opening soon. ;)

One of few things I won't drink. Lucky lucky you. :laughing:

:wave2: Karen. Welcome back!

Was it something I said?
PS - you know I love you George!

:love: It wasn't you hun :love: ;)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Good morning...Señor Jorge http://anchoredbygrace.com/smileys/biggrinbandit.gif

Hi Alicia. Thanks for the hat. :woohoo:

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 09:57 AM

She probably will!! You're always on your phone now, it's going to be worse with the iPhone!! :rotfl2:

I have to agree with Shelly. DP is always on his. Texting, IMing, GPSing something, playing with a new app, or a bazillion other things. At dinner, at the mall, in the car. EVERYWHERE.

I think I may need to start a support group for the spouses/partners of iPhone users. We get neglected because of the technology.

maroo
06-17-2009, 10:05 AM
No all is good. :goodvibes The picture has a proper "podcast" anchor and I prefer it not spoon fed. Those who really want to see it should be able to find it themselves - TODD. :rotfl:

Never fear...

I found it last night. ::yes::

And even resisted the urge to comment and thus bump it back to page 1. It is still buried in the belly of the DIS. :rolleyes1 But I definitely enjoyed the pics! As did Lauren, her Mom, her Dad, her brother...even her cat.

Happy Wednesday, everyone!!! I am off to camp for the day!

It is 9 AM and already a heat index of 94. Looks like it is going to be a scorcher!

Have a great day, guys (and gals!) :goodvibes

katscradle
06-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Hey guys just thought I would come back in and say it's been a productive morning. Cleaned the kitchen, bathroom and have started on the diningroom.
I see we are getting close to 100.

Madi100
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm actually beating someone? I've been slacking off!

I can pretty much guarantee you are beating me. I have too many threads to keep up on now. That and I've had to clean. The torture and pain :)

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 10:30 AM
hey guys just thought i would come back in and say it's been a productive morning. Cleaned the kitchen, bathroom and have started on the diningroom.
I see we are getting close to 100.

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 10:31 AM

ADP
06-17-2009, 10:31 AM
I have to agree with Shelly. DP is always on his. Texting, IMing, GPSing something, playing with a new app, or a bazillion other things. At dinner, at the mall, in the car. EVERYWHERE.

I think I may need to start a support group for the spouses/partners of iPhone users. We get neglected because of the technology.
I'll try and make you proud Todd. I may have to vow not to use it more than 5 hours a day. At least if I tell Kim my intentions are good up front she'll forgive me later.

tiggerbell
06-17-2009, 10:32 AM
I see where this is going -

EVERYONE DUCK!!!!!

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 10:32 AM

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 10:33 AM

Lucky Lucky!!! Will you have it in time for dinner that night? I'm sure DH will want to play with it...lol

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 10:33 AM

shellyminnie
06-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Todd's trying to stay on the bad list!! :lmao:

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 10:35 AM
I shall not start a posting war!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

But I will say that I AM going to DAP!!!! Its official!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Madi100
06-17-2009, 10:35 AM

ETA: Can I still be on the good list? Please? :o

Aaron, I was confused by the email as well. I thought that I had to fill it out, that's why they emailed it to me. But, I thought I'd wait to ask Tracy. You took care of that for me. I suppose it was easier to send out a form letter to all that cruised on 1.0, but it sure made for some confusion. Not that it takes much to confuse me :)

Madi100
06-17-2009, 10:36 AM

But I will say that I AM going to DAP!!!! Its official!!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

YIPPEE!!! James told me I can go, but I would feel guilty. He wants to go someplace other than Disney, and if I DAP, it would cancel any trip he wants to do.

shellyminnie
06-17-2009, 10:37 AM

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::w oohoo:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana:

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Woo hoo!!!! I just need to find a job before I can commit to going myself! I'm hoping that i'll get to go...

tiggerbell
06-17-2009, 10:39 AM

You have to change your DAP countdown - you're arriving 1 day sooner!

ADP
06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Lucky Lucky!!! Will you have it in time for dinner that night? I'm sure DH will want to play with it...lol
You bet. Hopefully, my service will be fully transferred by the time we see each other. I was hoping you guys could give me a few pointers on how to use it. I'll need all the help I can get. :goodvibes

Todd's trying to stay on the bad list!! :lmao:
I was thinking the exact same thing. Posting war. :)

Awesome! :cool1::banana::cool1::banana:

Aaron, I was confused by the email as well. I thought that I had to fill it out, that's why they emailed it to me. But, I thought I'd wait to ask Tracy. You took care of that for me. I suppose it was easier to send out a form letter to all that cruised on 1.0, but it sure made for some confusion. Not that it takes much to confuse me :)
Yea...I should have asked first. I jumped the gun. I guess I'm in a mode today where I just want to get things done and put behind me; too impatient ya know. :rolleyes:

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 10:41 AM
I just got out of bed! Well...about 30 minutes ago anyway. This is what happens when you are unemployed. Nothing to get up for...lol...I stay up really late, but usually i'm up by 9am at the latest. I must have been really tired last night...

Or maybe it was the limoncello martini DH made me last night...:rolleyes1

Madi100
06-17-2009, 10:42 AM
Woo hoo!!!! I just need to find a job before I can commit to going myself! I'm hoping that i'll get to go...

I got a job. I should be able to go, right? I am working for our local AEA. I work 2 hours a week. At this rate, I can save up and go to DAP 2010 :)

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 10:45 AM
You bet. Hopefully, my service will be fully transferred by the time we see each other. I was hoping you guys could give me a few pointers on how to use it. I'll need all the help I can get. :goodvibes

I've had my iPhone for more than a year now and I still have no idea how to use everything...I can hit the internet...check my e-mail...and FB. That's really about all I use! Well, and the obvious texting and iPod stuff of course!

Make sure you visit that website for FREE ringtones! You just download them and put them in your ringtone folder in iTunes and they show up on your phone! I've got ringtones for different people on mine! All of my DIS friends are the you've got a friend in me...seemed appropriate when I was adding everyone to my phone last year right before TSM! :thumbsup2

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 10:47 AM
I got a job. I should be able to go, right? I am working for our local AEA. I work 2 hours a week. At this rate, I can save up and go to DAP 2010 :)
I've started applying to several places, but no call backs yet. I've even applied at Aaron's place of business! But I just did that the other day so I don't expect a call back just yet on that one...:thumbsup2

I keep thinking about just going down to the mall and doing something in retail, but I really don't want to work those kinds of hours right now. I'd be ok working nights and weekends if it was a job where I worked from home, but not out there in the working world if I can help it. :scared1:

Madi100
06-17-2009, 10:51 AM
I've started applying to several places, but no call backs yet. I've even applied at Aaron's place of business! But I just did that the other day so I don't expect a call back just yet on that one...:thumbsup2

I keep thinking about just going down to the mall and doing something in retail, but I really don't want to work those kinds of hours right now. I'd be ok working nights and weekends if it was a job where I worked from home, but not out there in the working world if I can help it. :scared1:

I loved working retail. I was an assistant manager at a children's clothing store in our local mall for awhile. But, you're right, the hours are not great. Most people with the AEA don't work summers, at least for what I would want to do. But, I'm hoping I'll get my foot in the door this summer. I subbed in November also. It would be the perfect job for me.

Good luck with your job ventures. How close are you to Aaron?

klam_chowder
06-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I was WONDERING where you've been!!! Welcome back!!!

:welcome: back!!! Glad you survived! :hug:

:wave2: Karen. Welcome back!

thx a mint all :hug:

You must be feeling :banana: :banana:! Magical times ahead! :wizard: As for me, I won't be going now as I actually took a raincheck on DH's offer for me to do DAP solo. I'm going to use it for another trip instead. :rolleyes:

Yea...I should have asked first. I jumped the gun. I guess I'm in a mode today where I just want to get things done and put behind me; too impatient ya know. :rolleyes:

Aaron, I bet your post helped a lot of peeps from filling out the form - me for one! :thumbsup2

Congrats! :yay:

Good luck on the job front Brandie :goodvibes

cheers,

maiziezoe
06-17-2009, 11:02 AM

cheers,

Welcome back! If I had to spend 3 weeks with my in-laws, I would run away from home.

Woooo Hoooo!! Congrats!

YIPPEE!!! James told me I can go, but I would feel guilty. He wants to go someplace other than Disney, and if I DAP, it would cancel any trip he wants to do.

I'm in the same boat. If I go to DAP, we can't take a family trip someplace else.

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 11:06 AM
I loved working retail. I was an assistant manager at a children's clothing store in our local mall for awhile. But, you're right, the hours are not great. Most people with the AEA don't work summers, at least for what I would want to do. But, I'm hoping I'll get my foot in the door this summer. I subbed in November also. It would be the perfect job for me.

Good luck with your job ventures. How close are you to Aaron?I just don't know what I want to do right now. I keep checking for jobs with local travel agencies, but no one's hiring. There are hotel openings, but they're for 3rd shift. I didn't like working 2nd or 3rd shifts at the hotel when I worked for one awhile back. I don't do well working outside the home at night. I keep thinking about working someplace like Three Dog Bakery, but again...retail...probably have to work nights and weekends...so i'm going to try the old fashioned route for a bit first. I'll try to get a job in an office...i've been pretty spoiled with the Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm schedule for the last 7 years.

And I know that Aaron doesn't live too far from me...but not sure exactly where he is. We both live very close to the mall that's near my house though! His place of business (don't want to say the name here) is actually a little ways away though. But near to where I was working before, so it's not that bad...I don't know if i'll get a call from them or not...I applied for a job that has nothing to so with his department. It would be cool if I got the job, but i'm not holding my breath...it's a big company and i'm sure the competition is pretty heavy. :)

ADP
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I've even applied at Aaron's place of business! But I just did that the other day so I don't expect a call back just yet on that one...:thumbsup2
Brandie! That's awesome. Can you PM me the details? Let me know what you applied for, if anything, and I can look into it. :)

Madi100
06-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I'm in the same boat. If I go to DAP, we can't take a family trip someplace else.

It makes me feel kind of guilty. James is very selfless. He would give me the world. But if I take it, that leaves him with nothing. So, I'm really struggling. We also have to see where this house thing goes.

guynwdm
06-17-2009, 11:08 AM

I work for the AEAs too. You might save up enough by 2020 at our pay rates. :rotfl:

Getting closer to 100 woo hoo

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 11:09 AM
It makes me feel kind of guilty. James is very selfless. He would give me the world. But if I take it, that leaves him with nothing. So, I'm really struggling. We also have to see where this house thing goes.

DH doesn't mind me going to WDW without him. He's happy to go only once every couple of years! So he's happy that I have friends to go with now...

But he's pulling the "well you get to go to WDW so I should get to go to Vegas" card with me...:rotfl: We saw The Hangover last night...he's never allowed to go to Vegas without me...;)

Madi100
06-17-2009, 11:10 AM
I work for the AEAs too. You might save up enough by 2020 at our pay rates. :rotfl:

Getting closer to 100 woo hoo

Don't burst my bubble! This is a SOLO trip I'm saving up for, staying on DVC points, eating PB&J, lol. I'm hoping for 2010 :)

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 11:12 AM
Getting close...

jeanigor
Less than 10 posts until page 100....just sayin':rolleyes1:rolleyes1

Madi100
DH doesn't mind me going to WDW without him. He's happy to go only once every couple of years! So he's happy that I have friends to go with now...

But he's pulling the "well you get to go to WDW so I should get to go to Vegas" card with me...:rotfl: We saw The Hangover last night...he's never allowed to go to Vegas without me...;)

James would really like to go to San Francisco. I like to vacation with other people. So, maybe one of my DISer friends would go with us and then it would make us both happy :)

maiziezoe
06-17-2009, 11:13 AM
Morning all!

It's FINALLY the last day of school here. I'm so happy. I love having my Mac-a-doodle here during the day.

Question about the iPhone. Is an iTouch the same thing as an iPhone but without the ability to make a call? Can an iTouch go online and download the same apps as the iPhone? Is it WiFi? Will I need a contract through AT&T?

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
James would really like to go to San Francisco. I like to vacation with other people. So, maybe one of my DISer friends would go with us and then it would make us both happy :)

I'd like to go to Disneyland Paris......

Madi100
06-17-2009, 11:14 AM
Morning all!

It's FINALLY the last day of school here. I'm so happy. I love having my Mac-a-doodle here during the day.

Question about the iPhone. Is an iTouch the same thing as an iPhone but without the ability to make a call? Can an iTouch go online and download the same apps as the iPhone? Is it WiFi? Will I need a contract through AT&T?

No contract needed with ipod Touch. It does go online, it is WiFi. Only way to be online is if there is access where you are at.

Madi100
06-17-2009, 11:15 AM
15 years ago today we sat in a bar and watched the OJ chase on the big screen TV. Anyone remember that?

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 11:16 AM
:goodvibes

Woo hoo!!!! I'm the first one on page 100 on the first podcast 2.0 thread!! Yippee!!!!!

Madi100

Not even close to California.

katscradle
Wow what did you guys do?
A posting war without me.
100!:yay::yay::yay:

klam_chowder
06-17-2009, 11:18 AM
first try at my this 100 game...any luck? :rolleyes:

Welcome back! If I had to spend 3 weeks with my in-laws, I would run away from home.

Ann your post game me a good LOL :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It makes me feel kind of guilty. James is very selfless. He would give me the world. But if I take it, that leaves him with nothing. So, I'm really struggling.

ditto...I try not to take advantage of it. :love:

cheers,

maiziezoe
06-17-2009, 11:19 AM
15 years ago today we sat in a bar and watched the OJ chase on the big screen TV. Anyone remember that?

I do! I do! I had surgery the day before and was stuck in bed. I was glued to the TV.

katscradle
06-17-2009, 11:20 AM

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
I am so excited you will be there with us!
You just made my day!
:yay::yay::dance3::dance3:

georgemoe
06-17-2009, 11:22 AM

I might be the only person on this board that doesn't care about France or Disneyland Paris. :scared1: Must be a misfit or something.

http://www.rankinbass.com/images/charlieinthebox.jpg

scarlett873
06-17-2009, 11:24 AM
I might be the only person on this board that doesn't care about France or Disneyland Paris. :scared1: Must be a misfit or something.

Nope...you're not alone! I'd like to see it once...just to say i've been there, but in no hurry to do so. I've got tons of other destinations on my list that i'd rather see first...I used to be obsessed with France and want to do Paris, but it's kind of one of those places that i'm in no hurry to see.

jeanigor
06-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Nope.

Madi100
06-17-2009, 11:27 AM
I do! I do! I had surgery the day before and was stuck in bed. I was glued to the TV.

It was the night before our wedding, so we were all at the bar. Such fond memories :)

katscradle
06-17-2009, 11:28 AM

I remember that!
I was sitting here telling John, "does he think he is going to get away!"
Well I guess in the end he diid!

dpuck1998
06-17-2009, 11:36 AM

Not high on my list...but I wouldn't turn down a trip.

kab407
06-17-2009, 11:41 AM

Sadly George, I have to care about France because I nned to work with several plants there.

As soon as I walk out of the office however, France does not exist!

By the way, Good Morning!

guynwdm
06-17-2009, 12:07 PM
When the wonder goes to CA you could do a cruise and hit SF for some fun. The Disney Family Museum is there and that would be cool to see.

No contract needed with ipod Touch. It does go online, it is WiFi. Only way to be online is if there is access where you are at.
another difference from the phone is no camera in the touch. I don't really miss it though. Sometimes hard to find free wifi as well. (I think that is a Iowa thing lol)

:goodvibes

Woo hoo!!!! I'm the first one on page 100 on the first podcast 2.0 thread!! Yippee!!!!!
Congrats on being the first on 100, now who will be first on thread 2???

Now if it were in Spain, Senor Jorge would be all over it. :laughing:

I am booked at OKW for DAP!!!! Going 12/9-15/09 Feels good to get a few more days out of the annual pass. Woo Hoo :yay::banana::banana::banana::yay:

Madi100
06-17-2009, 12:09 PM
I have no desire to go to France. James would. I don't think they care for us much.