PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

tlcoke
08-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! 1 day weekends are not a weekend. Hazards of having to work on Saturday. :sad2:

This is the week from :scared1: @#*! :scared1: on campus, as everyone descends on Campus until they learn their schedules and all the people who forgot when school starts send in their Rush Print Jobs. Freshman carrying Campus Maps asking where the building they are standing in is located. So love the start of school.

Have a good week everyone!!

kymickeyfan717
08-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Morn all - hope all hav a great week - it's another week closer to DAP & the cruise :goodvibes

mainegal
08-24-2009, 05:59 AM
Oh,my! It is Monday!
So humid, I couldn't sleep well. Got up early (for me) at O'dark O'clock and went for walk just after 5:30. Walked two miles instead of the usual mile and a half morning walk. Enjoyed listening to All About the Mouse.

Becx N Gav
08-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Hey there everybody :cool1: Happy Tuesday :dance3:

Boy this week is dragging - must be coz we're going on a trip :banana:

Hope everyone has avoided the bad storms and such? It's been ever so nice here - probably the best we've had all summer ;)

tlcoke
08-25-2009, 04:59 AM
Happy Tuesday Everyone!! I hope you have a good day.

Another Crazy day in Back to School Land. I'll be glad once the first week of classes are over and things calm down.

Yes Becky, your week will drag since you have your trip planned at the end of the week. It will be here before you know it.

Becx N Gav
08-25-2009, 11:58 AM
Happy Tuesday Everyone!! I hope you have a good day.

Another Crazy day in Back to School Land. I'll be glad once the first week of classes are over and things calm down.

Yes Becky, your week will drag since you have your trip planned at the end of the week. It will be here before you know it.

I remember those days wandering the halls trying to work out where on earth I was - hope the new students aren't too much of a pain, as you say it should calm down soon :goodvibes

Thanks, I will start getting my clothes and other bits together tonight - DH will start Thursday night :headache: not that we need to pack much :rotfl: I also just discovered they have Krispy Kreme at the airport :woohoo: may have to skip lunch and have a couple ;)

katscradle
08-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Happy Monday everyone!
Hope you all had a great weekend.
We missed getting the tornados here last Thursday thank god for that.
They hit about 20 minutes away.
What a mess!
However on the up side of things, we have a friend who has been out of work since January and he got a job doing to rip out and clean ups on people's homes that were affected.

Becx N Gav
08-26-2009, 01:59 AM
Hey Katherine :goodvibes hope you had a nice weekend - I'm glad you avoided the storms :thumbsup2

Morning everyone ;) it's pretty miserable here, raining lots - hope this weekend has better weather!

tlcoke
08-26-2009, 05:21 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Wednesday!!!

The hot and humid weather is moving back in here, today. With Possible Rain by Friday. :sad2: If the forecast holds the weekend will be nice here.

Katherine, Glad the storms miss your area.

Becky, Hopefully the weather will be nice for your trip this weekend to see Emiel & Yvette.

Have a Good Day!!

katscradle
08-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Hey guy's it's Wednesday yay!!
Chat night!:yay:
I was so worried I have never seen that much rain in such a short period of time. I was worried, glad that the storm went by without causing much damage here.
I hope everyone has a great day! :)

SamIAm21
08-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to all my fellow 2010 cruisers out there. I know it's a long way away, but I'm still really looking forward to it. With summer nearly at its end, time sure is a flying.

It's going to be great to have this thread to sustain the excitment!

sshaw10060
08-26-2009, 02:36 PM
So I go to lecture to the first year vet students this morning. It is their second day of class. One of the raises his hands and says the assigned reading didn't make any sense. Of course it doesn't make any sense. It's physiologoical chemistry.

First, I was appreciating they had actually read the material for today's lecture. That degree of motivation only lastsabout a week. Then I asked what he meant. He said the diagrams made no sense. I was offended. This was the brand new second edition of my textbook hot of the presses. I asked him to show me and I almost had a heart attack when I looked at the book. There were no lines or arrows in any of the diagrams. As you might imagine lines and arrows are essential for such diagrams so it looked like my son had taken his magnetic letters off the fridge and tossed them on the page.

I the asked the student if he paid the extra fee when he bought the book to which I got a blank stare. So I reply "you know the extra fee for the lines and arrows. They're not included in the base price".

After having a good laugh it turns out 7 of our 90 students have no lines or arrows. Luckily I had some extra copies in my office, so all ends well.

No matter how many times I teach the same thing it never goes the same way twice. That's lifes little lesson for the day.

DVCsince02
08-26-2009, 03:20 PM
So I go to lecture to the first year vet students this morning. It is their second day of class. One of the raises his hands and says the assigned reading didn't make any sense. Of course it doesn't make any sense. It's physiologoical chemistry.

First, I was appreciating they had actually read the material for today's lecture. That degree of motivation only lastsabout a week. Then I asked what he meant. He said the diagrams made no sense. I was offended. This was the brand new second edition of my textbook hot of the presses. I asked him to show me and I almost had a heart attack when I looked at the book. There were no lines or arrows in any of the diagrams. As you might imagine lines and arrows are essential for such diagrams so it looked like my son had taken his magnetic letters off the fridge and tossed them on the page.

I the asked the student if he paid the extra fee when he bought the book to which I got a blank stare. So I reply "you know the extra fee for the lines and arrows. They're not included in the base price".

After having a good laugh it turns out 7 of our 90 students have no lines or arrows. Luckily I had some extra copies in my office, so all ends well.

No matter how many times I teach the same thing it never goes the same way twice. That's lifes little lesson for the day.

Chemistry? :faint: I just finished a typing job for a chemistry book. My head was spinning!

Becx N Gav
08-26-2009, 03:50 PM

I wonder how that happened - wouldn't they all have been printed at the same time? Is physiological chemistry the same as biochemistry? - this was my worst area doing an applied biology course :lmao: I just couldn't remember all the chemicals in the cycles!

Chemistry? :faint: I just finished a typing job for a chemistry book. My head was spinning!

Yeah as I said I'm not a chemistry fan but seem to have ended up with a job that is all chemistry - it's inorganic though so at least it doesn't smell :rotfl:

jeanigor
08-26-2009, 03:51 PM

I <3 Chemistry!!!

sshaw10060
08-26-2009, 08:14 PM
I wonder how that happened - wouldn't they all have been printed at the same time? Is physiological chemistry the same as biochemistry? - this was my worst area doing an applied biology course :lmao: I just couldn't remember all the chemicals in the cycles!

It is biochem with a twist. I don't actually like biochem all that much it is just one of those things I have to teach. I also teach the physiology course which follows and love that class. I inherited them as a package.

I talked to the publisher this afternoon and they can't fathom how some books are OK and some aren't since they are from the same run.

tlcoke
08-27-2009, 05:07 AM

As someone who works in the printing industry, things like that happen all the time. More than likely the press operator needed a new plate mid run and something happened that the art did not image correctly and wasn't caught by the plate maker or press operator when they started back up. Most printing plates are made digitally these days but If the plate was created using the manual process, the platemaker may have forgot to "burn" a layer of the plate containing the Arrows.

tlcoke
08-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Thursday!! Yeah!!! The week is almost over.

kymickeyfan717
08-27-2009, 05:35 AM
Morning all - one more day til the weekend..... :goodvibes

mainegal
08-27-2009, 06:03 AM
Good (cool) morning!
Temperature for morning walk was 52 degrees. Nice change from 75 degrees at 6:30 AM!

Lots of work today. Library addition project is going to break the wall through to the current building. I need to be out of my office by Monday. Everything must be packed or tossed. I have been in the office for seventeen years and there is a great amount of stuff accumulated. Glad the weather is cooler today for this work.

tlcoke
08-28-2009, 05:04 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!!!! Have a good day and enjoy the weekend.

kymickeyfan717
08-28-2009, 05:30 AM
Hope all have a great weekend and a good Friday.. . Glad it's here... Next weekend is a 3-day weekend - :cool1:

sshaw10060
08-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Morning All. I am leaving for Kansas City in a few minutes. I am delivering 13 hours of seminars (yeah me) over two days and flying home. I do have some free time this afternoon which I intend to spend in search of great BBQ. Have a great weekend!

mainegal
08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
I do have some free time this afternoon which I intend to spend in search of great BBQ. Have a great weekend!

Oh, YUM!
I only know Arthur Bryant's from over twenty years ago. I know there is more to discover and I wish you happy searching and sticky fingers!

Cherinva
08-28-2009, 07:38 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

SamIAm21
08-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!!

The weather in Chicago has resembled Seattle the last few days, but we are hoping for some sun this weekend! Headed out to a fish fry this evening. Hope its good! Then we are going to do the zoo one day this weekend. Not sure which?? Hope everyone else has a great weekend. Although when you are unemployed, pretty much everyday is a weekend! :rotfl:

katscradle
08-28-2009, 09:56 AM
Good morning guy's!:)
I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.
Becky, Gav, Emiel, & Yvet enjoy your weekend together. :):cheer2:

corky441
08-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Happy Friday everyone :wave2:

Looks like the dog days of summer are passing us by this weekend. More like gray, gloomy, dank & dreary with the possiblilty of rain for the next 4 days :sad2: temps barely getting into the 70's as well.

Oh well, since I've been putting off house cleaning I guess this will have to be the weekend for that.

Hope you all have a fun filled weekend :goodvibes

katscradle
08-29-2009, 10:24 AM
Just thought I would pop in and say good morning.
It's very quite here.
Hope everyone is having great weather and is just out and about. :)

mainegal
08-29-2009, 08:39 PM
I think people are just busy with other non-Dis Baords and non-WDW activities. There is more to the world out there than just Disney World.

I am glad we all have such well rounded lives. It makes us much more interesting when we all get together!

Renysmom
08-30-2009, 07:21 AM
In case anyone missed it, here is an article about the upgrades to Castaway which should be completed next summer.

CC Upgrades (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/destinations/cruises/orl-livdisney-castaway-travel083009aug30,0,6854765.story)

Drawing Mockups/pictures (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/destinations/cruises/orl-pg-disney-castaway-cay-pictures,0,300505.photogallery)

I can't wait to see it all during PCC 2.0

DVCsince02
08-30-2009, 10:29 AM
So these private cabanas..... I wonder if we can split them with other cruisers? It just seems like with only 20 of them, they will be hard to get.

A.Mickey
08-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Shannan - I hope you are still up from Thursday, or closer to our time zone :rotfl: If you've just got up I hope it is for something fun ;)
I was still up from Thursday! I am usually a night owl! :3dglasses

I have been organizing the kid's calendars and I just realized that we have a 4 day weekend over Halloween due to school schedules. Last year we did MNSSHP, and I thought that this year would be plain old trick or treating. I am working on a plan to take the kids to Seaworld and maybe do the trick-or-treat with Shamu thing. I love planning a good surprise!

That sounds like a great suprise!! :thumbsup2

Goodmorning all!!!

Just thought I should wish everyone a good Monday :confused3

Looking forward to this weekend, because Beckx and Gav will be visiting :cool1:
Woo hoo!! It looks like you guys had a great time!!:banana:

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi to all my fellow 2010 cruisers out there. I know it's a long way away, but I'm still really looking forward to it. With summer nearly at its end, time sure is a flying.

It's going to be great to have this thread to sustain the excitment!

Yes, I :love: this thread just so I have PCC 2.0 closer on the horizon then it actually is...but with this thread I think it will be here before we know it! :wizard:

The weather in Chicago has resembled Seattle the last few days, but we are hoping for some sun this weekend! Headed out to a fish fry this evening. Hope its good! Then we are going to do the zoo one day this weekend. Not sure which?? Hope everyone else has a great weekend. Although when you are unemployed, pretty much everyday is a weekend! :rotfl:

The weather in Chicago has just been way too cold! I had a season pass for Hurricane Harbor this year and I think I used it all of 3 times. Two of the days I went the temp was in the upper 70's. I just can't believe how cold this summer has been! What Zoo did you go to? We were going to go to Brookfield today, but Jason has to work tonight...so we had a relaxing day around the house.

Hope everyone had a great weekend...and now it is back to work!
At least this week is a 4 day work week :woohoo: going to Indy on Friday! I wonder what for...:confused3

:dance3::banana::banana::dance3:

tinkbutt
08-30-2009, 09:11 PM
In case anyone missed it, here is an article about the upgrades to Castaway which should be completed next summer.

CC Upgrades (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/destinations/cruises/orl-livdisney-castaway-travel083009aug30,0,6854765.story)

Drawing Mockups/pictures (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/destinations/cruises/orl-pg-disney-castaway-cay-pictures,0,300505.photogallery)

Ok now I am even more excited I didn't know that was possible!!!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banan a::banana::banana::dance3:

Madi100
08-30-2009, 09:33 PM
So these private cabanas..... I wonder if we can split them with other cruisers? It just seems like with only 20 of them, they will be hard to get.

It would be fun to get a cabana to share! They look really neat.

katscradle
08-30-2009, 10:36 PM

Thank you for posting these links.
I had seen the article in the first link, but had not seen the drawing mockups/pictures.:thumbsup2
I think I read somewhere that the cabanas will hold a max. of six people.
I do not know how true that is though,(rumor.) :idea:

tlcoke
08-31-2009, 04:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

4-day work week this week and then I head to Indianapolis for the Indy Meet, Yeah!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Work looks heavy this week, so I will be so ready for the extra long weekend.

kymickeyfan717
08-31-2009, 05:45 AM
Morn' all - hope everyone has a great week

mainegal
08-31-2009, 06:09 AM
Good morning, all!

My library is under construction. Addition and renovation of the 104 year old building. My director's office is where the breach will be. Last week we cleared everything out of my office and packed two shelves of books and VHS videos. Hard work!

This morning starts three months of me out of my office and at a desk in the middle of where everything is going on. I may get less work done. Or, maybe more because it won't be as easy to check on Dis Boards in the privacy of my office!

Cherinva
08-31-2009, 07:09 AM

Awesome information...thanks.

Cherinva
08-31-2009, 07:12 AM
Good Morning Everyone...Hope the weekend was great. TS Danny passed us by without a drop of rain. Now a front has moved in and cooled the temps down into the 70's...my birth certificate came in, now I can work on getting my passport for the cruise...YEAH

katscradle
08-31-2009, 02:54 PM
Good Morning Everyone!!!

4-day work week this week and then I head to Indianapolis for the Indy Meet, Yeah!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Work looks heavy this week, so I will be so ready for the extra long weekend.

Enjoy your long weekend and the Indy meet! :thumbsup2

A.Mickey
08-31-2009, 10:22 PM

Hi Tracey!

That sounds familiar! See you on Friday!!

tlcoke
09-01-2009, 05:11 AM
Hi Tracey!

That sounds familiar! See you on Friday!!

I can't wait to meet you and the other DISers on Friday & Saturday. It's going to be a fun weekend.

tlcoke
09-01-2009, 05:13 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Happy Tuesday. It feels like fall here this morning, very cool crisp air. More like early October than the 1st of September.

Becx N Gav
09-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Good morning guy's!:)
I hope everyone has a safe and happy weekend.
Becky, Gav, Emiel, & Yvet enjoy your weekend together. :):cheer2:

Thanks, we had a fab time :thumbsup2 so fab that we are already planning to go back in December between Christmas and New Years :woohoo:
I'll try and post some pics later tonight on the trip report thread Yvet did.

I think people are just busy with other non-Dis Baords and non-WDW activities. There is more to the world out there than just Disney World.

I am glad we all have such well rounded lives. It makes us much more interesting when we all get together!

:scared1: - there is?

Oh, looks lovely and it should all be done by Dec 2010.

Morning all, it was a very quiet thread over the weekend. Sounds like some of you will have a great time on Friday :yay:

Less than 3 weeks and we're off to WDW :banana: can't wait, it seems like such a long time since PCC 1.0 I don't know how I'm going to cope with waiting from Sept 2009 until Dec 2010 :scared1: don't even want to think about that really :rotfl:

Have a lovely day everyone :lovestruc

DVCsince02
09-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Lets speculate....

So I see that kids 17 and under are free for 3 and 4 night cruises in 2010 (Jan - April). What are your thoughts about Disney doing this in December for PCC 2.0? Obviously I am very interested as we will be bringing the 3 kiddos with us.

katscradle
09-01-2009, 08:54 PM
We are bringing our 2 boys as well.
So if they were to do the kid's free for the 4 night in December that would be great. :thumbsup2
Guess it's just a wait and see. :)

tlcoke
09-02-2009, 05:23 AM
Good Morning All!! Happy Wednesday!!! It's Chat Night tonight.!!

My October Trip to WDW is now 6 weeks away. Then I won't be back until Dec 2010, unless the timing and price is right for 1.5. I had really hoped Pete would have gotten the info posted about PCC 1.5 before going to Australia but oh well, I'll just have to wait and see. Now if I could only figure a way to afford to go to DAP. I found a cheap flight, but it's the rest of the trip that I can't afford.

Have A Great Day Everyone!!!

kymickeyfan717
09-02-2009, 05:33 AM
Just wanted to pop in and say Happy Hump Day to all ... Hope all have a good day :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
09-02-2009, 07:13 AM
Lets speculate....

So I see that kids 17 and under are free for 3 and 4 night cruises in 2010 (Jan - April). What are your thoughts about Disney doing this in December for PCC 2.0? Obviously I am very interested as we will be bringing the 3 kiddos with us.

Blimey - I thought with Disney kids became adults at 9 :lmao: I do hope they do this though - it will really help some people out :thumbsup2 Not that I want the recession to last but you get all the good deals :rotfl:

Good Morning All!! Happy Wednesday!!! It's Chat Night tonight.!!

My October Trip to WDW is now 6 weeks away. Then I won't be back until Dec 2010, unless the timing and price is right for 1.5. I had really hoped Pete would have gotten the info posted about PCC 1.5 before going to Australia but oh well, I'll just have to wait and see. Now if I could only figure a way to afford to go to DAP. I found a cheap flight, but it's the rest of the trip that I can't afford.

Have A Great Day Everyone!!!

Oh I wish we could make DAP - our obstacles are no vacation days left at work (and I don't want to use any of next years), flights would be sooo expensive however we could try and get a DVC room somewhere and the money we'd spend on food and other day to day living costs at home would probably equal money for food at WDW :idea: I need to start playing the lottery :rolleyes:

Happy Wednesday folks :yay:

tinkbutt
09-02-2009, 07:34 AM
So just had my first day of school yesterday!!! Love my classes and my professors are going to let me turn in my work early so when I go to disney in 21 days my grades won't suffer for it :banana:

Cherinva
09-02-2009, 07:54 AM
Lets speculate....

I saw that too. It would be great if they would do that, and let us use it for the Pod Cast Cruise. The savings would pay for 2 of the airline tickets. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

Alice2020
09-02-2009, 09:42 AM
I would love if Disney did this! Right now, we are driving from Indiana to Florida for the cruise. If the kids sailed free- we could fly (no listening to "How much longer" or "Somebody is touching me").

However, I am not holding my breath for that to happen. Disney probably ran this promotion due to low booking. In December 2010, all of the new features will be open at Castaway Cay, and I have to assume that new features will create an increase in cruise booking. Increase in booking leads to decrease in special offers. Right now, I am really just glad for the great group discount that Dreams offered for the podcast cruise- I really never thought that we would be able to afford to go on a cruise with both children AND have a verandah.

BTW- saw that Southwest is running a Friends Stay/Play free offer until Jan 2010. Every other person gets a free flight and some hotels are giving every other day free (no on-property resorts though :sad2:). Maybe that info will be of use to someone!

Have a great day!
-Kelly

mainegal
09-02-2009, 12:20 PM
Right now, I am really just glad for the great group discount that Dreams offered for the podcast cruise-

I don't understand why people think we are getting a "great group discount".
Tracy, and I think Kevin, have already explained this. The Dreams price is exactly the same as the Disney Cruise Line website.

What are ARE getting are lots of bonuses - gifts, drinks, events, and surprises courtesty of Dreams Unlimited Travel. And tons of fun with like-minded DIS friends.

I can't wait! Oh, yeah... I have to wait. Over a year to go!

Cherinva
09-02-2009, 12:27 PM
BTW- saw that Southwest is running a Friends Stay/Play free offer until Jan 2010. Every other person gets a free flight and some hotels are giving every other day free (no on-property resorts though :sad2:). Maybe that info will be of use to someone!

Have a great day!
-Kelly[/QUOTE]

Really? Be nice if a promotion like that would be around in December 2010.

Alice2020
09-02-2009, 04:58 PM
I don't understand why people think we are getting a "great group discount".
Tracy, and I think Kevin, have already explained this. The Dreams price is exactly the same as the Disney Cruise Line website.

What are ARE getting are lots of bonuses - gifts, drinks, events, and surprises courtesty of Dreams Unlimited Travel. And tons of fun with like-minded DIS friends.

I can't wait! Oh, yeah... I have to wait. Over a year to go!

Oops- sorry- never really heard that the price was NOT discounted. I liked the price for my family, seemed like a good deal so I went for it. I guess that I have never tried to price a cruise this far out. Before our birthday trip for my daughter in 2008, I priced a cruise for 4- it was just under $6000. The podcast cruise is costing us around 1/2 of that- I made the assumption it was a group discount. Shows what happens when you make assumptions :scared1:.

-Kelly

katscradle
09-02-2009, 06:39 PM
I am off on vacation, talk to you guy's next Tuesday!
Have a great week! :thumbsup2

krissy2803
09-02-2009, 06:49 PM

YOU have a great vacation! :banana:
Krissy

mainegal
09-02-2009, 07:49 PM
Oops- sorry- never really heard that the price was NOT discounted. I liked the price for my family, seemed like a good deal so I went for it. I guess that I have never tried to price a cruise this far out. Before our birthday trip for my daughter in 2008, I priced a cruise for 4- it was just under $6000. The podcast cruise is costing us around 1/2 of that- I made the assumption it was a group discount. Shows what happens when you make assumptions :scared1:.

-Kelly

Could be time of year. This cruise date was picked for the lowest cost (many apologies to teachers and students who need to be in school). And the cost is lower for booking so far in advance. I gather cruise prices go up as the date get closer. Or, they might "discount" play letting children sail for free as they are doing for the upcoming season is they need to fill the ships.

So glad you are joining us. I love curious people!

tlcoke
09-03-2009, 05:08 AM

Have a great trip.

tlcoke
09-03-2009, 05:14 AM
Good morning everyone!! I feel like I just left work a couple of hours ago. As I had a long day at work yesterday. I got off a 9:00 pm last night and expect another long day today. The sacrifices I have to do to get a day off, during our busy season.

I am looking forward to the Indy Meet this weekend and meeting many "virtual" friends from the DIS for the first time.

Becx N Gav
09-03-2009, 05:54 AM
Could be time of year. This cruise date was picked for the lowest cost (many apologies to teachers and students who need to be in school). And the cost is lower for booking so far in advance. I gather cruise prices go up as the date get closer. Or, they might "discount" play letting children sail for free as they are doing for the upcoming season is they need to fill the ships.

So glad you are joining us. I love curious people![/QUOTE]

Like Curious George? ;)

[QUOTE=tlcoke;33425119]Good morning everyone!! I feel like I just left work a couple of hours ago. As I had a long day at work yesterday. I got off a 9:00 pm last night and expect another long day today. The sacrifices I have to do to get a day off, during our busy season.

I am looking forward to the Indy Meet this weekend and meeting many "virtual" friends from the DIS for the first time.

Oh, hope you have a wonderful time and I hope it is worth the hard work too :goodvibes

Good morning everyone - I feel totally shattered today and it's not even Friday :sad2: Oh well, after this week I've only got 10 days of work then 10 days off work :woohoo:

Becx N Gav
09-03-2009, 06:12 AM
On this day in history - England's King Richard was crowned in Westminster in 1189 :thumbsup2

jeanigor
09-03-2009, 06:25 AM
On this day in history - England's King Richard was crowned in Westminster in 1189 :thumbsup2

Was he a good one or a bad one? I can't recall.:confused3

mainegal
09-03-2009, 06:33 AM
I love curious people!

Like Curious George? ;)

Sure. "But George was curious...". So was Alice. They sort of get into trouble. But they have such great adventure!

Good morning everyone - I feel totally shattered today and it's not even Friday :sad2: Oh well, after this week I've only got 10 days of work then 10 days off work :woohoo:

I hope you manage to get your shattered self put back together again. Again, literary, sounds like Humpty Dumpty!

Becx N Gav
09-03-2009, 06:48 AM
Was he a good one or a bad one? I can't recall.:confused3

Good - I think he's the one from Robin Hood (he's right at the end - Prince John is his bother)

http://www.britroyals.com/kings.asp?id=richard1

Sure. "But George was curious...". So was Alice. They sort of get into trouble. But they have such great adventure!

I hope you manage to get your shattered self put back together again. Again, literary, sounds like Humpty Dumpty!

I will be avoiding walls incase I fall off them :rotfl:

jeanigor
09-03-2009, 06:59 AM
Good - I think he's the one from Robin Hood (he's right at the end - Prince John is his bother)

http://www.britroyals.com/kings.asp?id=richard1

Ah, King Richard the Lionhearted...not King Richard III (A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!)

Becx N Gav
09-04-2009, 02:45 AM
Ah, King Richard the Lionhearted...not King Richard III (A horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!)

:rotfl: You sure do know more about British history than me :lmao:

Happy Friday everyone - hope everybody has a super day and a smashing weekend :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :banana: :woohoo: :yay: :dance3:

Cherinva
09-04-2009, 06:44 AM
Happy Friday everyone. Nice long weekend ahead of us. I hope all have a safe and wonderful Labor Day.

tlcoke
09-05-2009, 06:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! I am in Indy at the Indy Meet. Follow along with us on Aaron's Live report on the main podcast page.

IWISHFORDISNEY
09-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Just booked our cruise today!!! Now I have to catch up.

chirurgeon
09-05-2009, 12:10 PM

YAY!!!!! Welcome Liz. I saw you post on the DAP thread. Don't worry about the motion. If you are really worried just take Bonine a couple of days before the cruise and at night before you go to bed. You'll be fine. You will be so busy with the rest of us you won't even notice the motion. You will be meeting 700+ new friends. Who knows how many of us there will be by then.

Kim

sshaw10060
09-05-2009, 07:18 PM
Good evening all. Been so busy the last few days getting ready to head to Chicago for a meeting I haven't been on the boards. I leave almost 2 months from the minute for our St Croix cruise. That should help me get in a better mood. It's been a busy and stressful month.

Have a happy Labor Day!

tinkbutt
09-05-2009, 08:28 PM

YAY!! Liz is coming!!!!

hey Liz we FINALLY get to meet in twenty days!!!:goodvibes

IWISHFORDISNEY
09-05-2009, 08:53 PM
YAY!! Liz is coming!!!!

hey Liz we FINALLY get to meet in twenty days!!!:goodvibes

I know we lived about an hour and half away for years and now I move to FL and we meet up how funny. We are excited about the cruise just gotta find a dog sitter. That might not be so easy.

mainegal
09-06-2009, 08:52 AM
I am SO thrilled to notice that the ship in my signature has finally left the port of the left margin of the picture! :woohoo:

Becx N Gav
09-07-2009, 05:47 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! I am in Indy at the Indy Meet. Follow along with us on Aaron's Live report on the main podcast page.

I read Shannans account of Jaime's trip :rotfl: brilliant :thumbsup2

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time and it looked so organised and well done - I wish we could have been there ;)

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

That's great news - welcome!

I am SO thrilled to notice that the ship in my signature has finally left the port of the left margin of the picture! :woohoo:

It will be half way before you know it ;) it does seem like a very long time but Christmas is just around the corner and then it will be less than a year :cheer2:

Becx N Gav
09-07-2009, 05:59 AM
Happy Labour Day everyone :wave:

Hope you all enjoy a day off work :thumbsup2

We had a nice productive weekend -
:) got through a ton of laundry (about 2 loads left to get all the bits we need for our vacation washed!)
:) did about 3 weeks worth of ironing shirts for DH (as well as my holiday clothes)
:) organised my organiser! with all the paper work, just got online check in for flights and hotel left to do
:) went through the plan thoroughly with DH (found out he doesn't want a full day at TL so now I know we may have some time for shopping at DTD :woohoo:)
:) went into town and got the rest of our currency, some travel size toiletries, a birthday pressie for DSIL, and finally traded for some Disney Store CM pins :woohoo: - we got 3 out of 4 from one set and 1 out of 4 from the other and all the other times we've been there they haven't had any UK CM pins

winotracy
09-07-2009, 10:39 AM
We are back from the Indy meet. Yes, I dropped in on Saturday to surprise everyone. Someone didn't want us to be there though, as it was quite the challenge getting there.

We got our airfare back in June. The price was $3 more to go from the airport closest to our house and have a connection than to drive 1 1/2 hours and have a direct flight. Since it would all be carryons no problem, right?

We left about 8 minutes late for the airport, but got there before I thought we would. No problems. I had checked in online so we had our boarding passes. Since this was our first flight with Bill post-pacemaker, we went right up to security without checking our gate number (only one security check point). It took a little longer and was an experience for Bill :)

After we got through security, we checked for our gate. Gate 3. But now it says Delayed until 1:14!! Not good. Our connection in Milwaukee is at 1:20. So we went to the gate and of course no one is there. I leave Bill and the carryons at gate 3 and go back to ticketing. The line wasn't that long but the agents were so slow. I was 5th back in line and waited more than 30 minutes for an agent to wait on me. He started by saying the next flight out would only have one spot on it but the one after that would get us in to Indy after midnight. No thanks! So he said that American had a flight at 12:25, but Bill would have to come back to the ticketing to be rechecked. I said no. The finally figured out that they could just issue the tickets and told me to get to gate 12 (the other end of the airport). I had to go through security again, though this time there was a long line. They couldn't let me cut in so I had to ask everyone if I could. I got to the first person in line and she was on the same flight I was going to so she said no.

The TSA agent told me I'd have to wait at one end of the machine or the other and I said my husband was at gate 3 and we needed to be at gate 12 for a flight that had it's final boarding call already so she put my stuff ahead :) I got out with my shoes off and started to run. Got Bill and our luggage and we headed to gate 12. We got there out of breath and they yelled for the ground crew to leave the door open there were two more getting on, but then after checking found only one ticket for me and none for Bill. Our options were to split up or go back to ticketing and miss the flight. We headed back to ticketing, nearly in tears.

We got half way back to security when there was a page for us to return to gate 12. They got the other ticket!!! We ran back to gate and got on the plane, heading all the way to the back (but at least we got seats right?). I called to let friends know we would be late and was asked what my new flight number was. I looked at the boarding passes, found the flight number, and found that we were going to KANSAS CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, we noticed it and when we got to Chicago, they changed the flights and the new flight was much earlier and at the gate right next to the one we came in on. By this time I really needed to go to the restroom but we were just about to board the plane so I said I'd wait and go on the flight. Luckily, they announced that the lavatory on the plane was out of order.

Once onboard, we got situated and then found out that the ground crew in Chicago changed shifts at 2:00 and it was now 2:00 so we had to sit for 30 minutes in the plane. We finally did get to Indy though.

It was great seeing everyone there. We had a blast. Tonya, I finally got your message around 10 am on Sunday. The messaging system in the hotel wasn't working so I just watched the blinking message light all night instead :(

AnneR
09-07-2009, 10:54 AM
Sorry your trip to the meet was so stressful but at least you got to go.

Alice2020
09-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Hi guys!

Sorry to hear about the crazy airport issues! I am sooooo jealous of everyone that got to go to the Indy meet. I could not change my work schedule, so I could not go even though I only live about one hour away:sad2:. I hope that everyone had a great time!

We are enjoying a small holiday- slept in this morning and cooking out with the neighbors tonight.

sshaw10060
09-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Tracy sounds like a miserable experience. I think that everyone who travels more than occasionally has a similar story. I have come to despise connecting flights. There are just that many more things that can throw a kink in the plan. I use to book the cheapest flight possible even if it took 12 hours and 2 connections instead of the direct flight. A night spent in Atlanta rather than WDW taught me that lesson.

The vast majority of connections are obviously fine, but when they're not it can be a miserable experience. The Indy meet sounds like a ton of fun. I am looking forward to the New England meet in a few weeks.

UrsulasShadow
09-07-2009, 01:05 PM
Sooo, Tracy, you ARE coming to the Boston meet, riiiiiight?

winotracy
09-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Sooo, Tracy, you ARE coming to the Boston meet, riiiiiight?

Not likely. Don't know when it is.

Becx N Gav
09-07-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh, Tracy - poor you and Bill :hug: At least you got there in the end but that sounded so stessful :sad2:

shellyminnie
09-07-2009, 04:57 PM
We are back from the Indy meet. Yes, I dropped in on Saturday to surprise everyone. :(

Having Tracy there was a wonderful surprise!! And Bill looks really good after all he's been through. It was great seeing you two again. Can't wait for October!!

A.Mickey
09-07-2009, 08:30 PM
Having Tracy there was a wonderful surprise!! And Bill looks really good after all he's been through. It was great seeing you two again. Can't wait for October!!

I agree it was great seeing Tracy and Bill does look great! :hug:

If anyone is interested I did a mini-trip report on the Indy weekend....in case anyone missed it.

Here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2276213

tlcoke
09-08-2009, 05:11 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! It was a great weekend in Indy. It was really great getting to meet everyone.

Tonya and I moved the meet south to Louisville yesterday to include Kim (MommyCeratops) who was unable to attend the Indy meet at the last minute.

Check out the photos and reports on Aaron's Live Update Thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2275615

Most of my pictures are on page 4.

Becx N Gav
09-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Morning all - afternoon if you're on this side of the pond.

On this day in history - Star Trek made it's first TV appearance on NBC in 1966 :thumbsup2

sshaw10060
09-08-2009, 07:44 AM
Morning everyone. Made it to Chicago uneventfully last night. Oprah has closed down the street across from the hotel to film her birthday show. People all already lining up. The Black Eyed Peas are playing for the show. Too bad I am in a meeting all day. I love the peas.

I have to spend the entire day in a stressful board meeting, At least once that is done I can enjoy the rest of the week.

Have a great Monday!

Madi100
09-08-2009, 10:32 AM
We are back from the Indy meet. Yes, I dropped in on Saturday to surprise everyone. Someone didn't want us to be there though, as it was quite the challenge getting there.

We got our airfare back in June. The price was $3 more to go from the airport closest to our house and have a connection than to drive 1 1/2 hours and have a direct flight. Since it would all be carryons no problem, right?

We left about 8 minutes late for the airport, but got there before I thought we would. No problems. I had checked in online so we had our boarding passes. Since this was our first flight with Bill post-pacemaker, we went right up to security without checking our gate number (only one security check point). It took a little longer and was an experience for Bill :)

After we got through security, we checked for our gate. Gate 3. But now it says Delayed until 1:14!! Not good. Our connection in Milwaukee is at 1:20. So we went to the gate and of course no one is there. I leave Bill and the carryons at gate 3 and go back to ticketing. The line wasn't that long but the agents were so slow. I was 5th back in line and waited more than 30 minutes for an agent to wait on me. He started by saying the next flight out would only have one spot on it but the one after that would get us in to Indy after midnight. No thanks! So he said that American had a flight at 12:25, but Bill would have to come back to the ticketing to be rechecked. I said no. The finally figured out that they could just issue the tickets and told me to get to gate 12 (the other end of the airport). I had to go through security again, though this time there was a long line. They couldn't let me cut in so I had to ask everyone if I could. I got to the first person in line and she was on the same flight I was going to so she said no.

The TSA agent told me I'd have to wait at one end of the machine or the other and I said my husband was at gate 3 and we needed to be at gate 12 for a flight that had it's final boarding call already so she put my stuff ahead :) I got out with my shoes off and started to run. Got Bill and our luggage and we headed to gate 12. We got there out of breath and they yelled for the ground crew to leave the door open there were two more getting on, but then after checking found only one ticket for me and none for Bill. Our options were to split up or go back to ticketing and miss the flight. We headed back to ticketing, nearly in tears.

We got half way back to security when there was a page for us to return to gate 12. They got the other ticket!!! We ran back to gate and got on the plane, heading all the way to the back (but at least we got seats right?). I called to let friends know we would be late and was asked what my new flight number was. I looked at the boarding passes, found the flight number, and found that we were going to KANSAS CITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily, we noticed it and when we got to Chicago, they changed the flights and the new flight was much earlier and at the gate right next to the one we came in on. By this time I really needed to go to the restroom but we were just about to board the plane so I said I'd wait and go on the flight. Luckily, they announced that the lavatory on the plane was out of order.

Once onboard, we got situated and then found out that the ground crew in Chicago changed shifts at 2:00 and it was now 2:00 so we had to sit for 30 minutes in the plane. We finally did get to Indy though.

It was great seeing everyone there. We had a blast. Tonya, I finally got your message around 10 am on Sunday. The messaging system in the hotel wasn't working so I just watched the blinking message light all night instead :(

Wow, I am stressed just reading this. Glad you made it safe and sound. Wish you would have been coming to Iowa, though.

jessrose18
09-08-2009, 03:06 PM
just a planning question: with all the informed podcast listeners and previous cruisers on the ship for podcast 2.0 will us newbies have a chance for a Palo ressie?

jeanigor
09-08-2009, 03:19 PM
just a planning question: with all the informed podcast listeners and previous cruisers on the ship for podcast 2.0 will us newbies have a chance for a Palo ressie?

I was a first timer on PCC 1.0. I was able to get a Palo ressie for the first night. I booked later on in the day of the 75th day out. There were also time slots available at 6pm and on Tuesday (which for our sailing was Pirate night).

tlcoke
09-09-2009, 05:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Wednesday!
Chat & Podcast day yeah!!!

kymickeyfan717
09-09-2009, 05:30 AM
Morn all - gotta love these short weeks - it's already "Hump Day".....:)

Hope all have a good day

tinkbutt
09-09-2009, 07:32 AM
I wish there was more time between tuesday and thursday I have so much homework I'm freakin out back to the sweat mines!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

mla1977
09-09-2009, 09:26 AM
I love podcast day! This is the only podcast that I start listening to as soon as it is available. I love having twitter on my phone because I can play the show as soon as Corey updates it!

Becx N Gav
09-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Morn all - gotta love these short weeks - it's already "Hump Day".....:)

Hope all have a good day

I prefere having a Friday off rather than a Monday (shame most of the public holidays here are on a Monday :headache:), I just find that usually Wednesday lunch time is the halfway point but if you have the Monday off you have to wait until Monday evening :confused3

I wish there was more time between tuesday and thursday I have so much homework I'm freakin out back to the sweat mines!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'm sure you will get it done, I used to leave things until the last minute and stay up really late the night before :rotfl: pixiedust: to help you along a bit :hug:

Cherinva
09-09-2009, 03:04 PM
Have you ever realized that no matter what, you just aren't going to get anything else done at work? I'm so there right now. Thus I'm reading the boards. Dreaming of Disney. Happy Wednesday Everyone.

mainegal
09-09-2009, 08:06 PM
Have you ever realized that no matter what, you just aren't going to get anything else done at work? I'm so there right now. Thus I'm reading the boards.

Oh, my, YES!!!!
But, hhhmmm... we aren't really supposed to be reading the boards at work, right?

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 12:25 AM
Ok...

I have a Chef Mickey Reservation for a total of 7 on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:45am. However, I only need it for 2 people (well technically 3, but I can plead ignorance).

So I am throwing this out here if anyone wants to get together for a pre cruise Chef Mickey's Breakfast Meet! Figure it will be fun for all and a chance to meet some new people before the cruise.

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 12:28 AM
I prefere having a Friday off rather than a Monday (shame most of the public holidays here are on a Monday :headache:), I just find that usually Wednesday lunch time is the halfway point but if you have the Monday off you have to wait until Monday evening :confused3

I'm sure you will get it done, I used to leave things until the last minute and stay up really late the night before :rotfl: pixiedust: to help you along a bit :hug:

This is a golden year for American Holidays... Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and day after, Christmas and New Years all end up being 3 or 4 day weekend. Love when the calendar falls like this.

Becx N Gav
09-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Have you ever realized that no matter what, you just aren't going to get anything else done at work? I'm so there right now. Thus I'm reading the boards. Dreaming of Disney. Happy Wednesday Everyone.

Ummmm, everyday :lmao:

It really helps to get through the week, especially when there isn't much to do :thumbsup2

This is a golden year for American Holidays... Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving and day after, Christmas and New Years all end up being 3 or 4 day weekend. Love when the calendar falls like this.

That's great :thumbsup2 Our last public holiday before Christmas is the end of August so it makes those 3/4 months seem quite long. I think we should also get a holiday around Halloween ;) In fact I think the working week should be four days anyway :rotfl:

Morning all, nearly Friday - and we're almost into single digits for our next WDW trip :woohoo: can't wait to get back there :cloud9:

Have a great day everyone :wave:

tlcoke
09-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Happy Thursday Everyone! I hope you have a good day.

mainegal
09-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Wow! Feels like a cool fall morning. My knees got red when I went out for morning walk in my shorts. I am very reluctant to give up shorts and sandals!

jeanigor
09-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Morning All!

Ok...

I have a Chef Mickey Reservation for a total of 7 on Oct 2, 2009 at 7:45am. However, I only need it for 2 people (well technically 3, but I can plead ignorance).

So I am throwing this out here if anyone wants to get together for a pre cruise Chef Mickey's Breakfast Meet! Figure it will be fun for all and a chance to meet some new people before the cruise.

Hmmmm...I wish I was going on a cruise then...

DVCsince02
09-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Waiting for Andrea's big plans announcement....... popcorn::

;)

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Morning All!

You and me both!

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Wow! Feels like a cool fall morning. My knees got red when I went out for morning walk in my shorts. I am very reluctant to give up shorts and sandals!

I can do without sandals, but I'm with you on the shorts!

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 08:21 AM
That's great :thumbsup2 Our last public holiday before Christmas is the end of August so it makes those 3/4 months seem quite long. I think we should also get a holiday around Halloween ;) In fact I think the working week should be four days anyway :rotfl:

Morning all, nearly Friday - and we're almost into single digits for our next WDW trip :woohoo: can't wait to get back there :cloud9:

Have a great day everyone :wave:

That's how our stretch is from January to May... Yuck... Unless you are a teacher or government worker... sigh I miss my time as a government contractor... So easy and so many days off.

Becx N Gav
09-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Morning All!

Me too - it's about a week before my birthday :goodvibes now that would be a great way to celebrate :cool1:

Waiting for Andrea's big plans announcement....... popcorn::

;)

:hyper: :hyper: - ohhhh, I want to know too :hyper: :hyper:

That's how our stretch is from January to May... Yuck... Unless you are a teacher or government worker... sigh I miss my time as a government contractor... So easy and so many days off.

What about Easter? We get 2 days off (good Friday and the following Monday) then we have 2 in May (one for May Day and one for the Queens Birthday - about the only good thing the Royals do for us :rotfl:)

I don't know if I could cope with being a teacher, couldn't choose when to take time off although the hours (actually at work with the kiddies, I know they do tons of prep and marking) each day would be sweet :lovestruc

Hmmm, government worker, well over here members of parliament get expenses to pay for things like their kids rent, landscaping, cleaners, one even had a duck island with a little house - that does sound good to me :thumbsup2 (these were expenses they claimed for which then got uncovered and most of them were named and shamed by the press causing them to have to re-pay the tax payers money they had squandered on their lavish lifestyles :mad:)

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 09:41 AM
Me too - it's about a week before my birthday :goodvibes now that would be a great way to celebrate :cool1:

:hyper: :hyper: - ohhhh, I want to know too :hyper: :hyper:

What about Easter? We get 2 days off (good Friday and the following Monday) then we have 2 in May (one for May Day and one for the Queens Birthday - about the only good thing the Royals do for us :rotfl:)

I don't know if I could cope with being a teacher, couldn't choose when to take time off although the hours (actually at work with the kiddies, I know they do tons of prep and marking) each day would be sweet :lovestruc

Hmmm, government worker, well over here members of parliament get expenses to pay for things like their kids rent, landscaping, cleaners, one even had a duck island with a little house - that does sound good to me :thumbsup2 (these were expenses they claimed for which then got uncovered and most of them were named and shamed by the press causing them to have to re-pay the tax payers money they had squandered on their lavish lifestyles :mad:)

Yes... well European countries have MUCH better vacation policies than the US. Heck we don't have a law REQUIRING some a minimum number of vacation days, which most other industrialized countries have.
Easter is NOT a federal holiday, nor is good friday. I would say the majority of companies do not give these days off. President's day is in Feb and is a Federal Holiday, but just like MLK Jr Day, most companies do not give these days off... I'm also pretty certain most American companies don't give off for May day or the Queens BDAY. ;-)

jeanigor
09-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok...

You and me both!

I guess I misunderstood your posting...sorry.

Before PCC 1.0 we did a breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Dreams Unlimited arranged for us to have transportation to the port from the Dolphin Hotel. There was just enough time (in my opinion...seeing as we were pretty much the last people on the bus.....sorry Tracy....:flower3::flower3:) to make it. Not saying that there will be transport provided this time, nor that you can't have your own method to get to the port. But that may factor into things.

mla1977
09-10-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm lucky where I work. We have a federal contract and I get the same holidays as federal employees (even if I don't take them all!)

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 01:27 PM
I guess I misunderstood your posting...sorry.

Before PCC 1.0 we did a breakfast at Cape May Cafe. Dreams Unlimited arranged for us to have transportation to the port from the Dolphin Hotel. There was just enough time (in my opinion...seeing as we were pretty much the last people on the bus.....sorry Tracy....:flower3::flower3:) to make it. Not saying that there will be transport provided this time, nor that you can't have your own method to get to the port. But that may factor into things.

:-) This breakfast is for a few weeks from now at Chef Mickey's. I thought if there were others going on the PCC, then we could meet up now just to meet.

Becx N Gav
09-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Yes... well European countries have MUCH better vacation policies than the US. Heck we don't have a law REQUIRING some a minimum number of vacation days, which most other industrialized countries have.
Easter is NOT a federal holiday, nor is good friday. I would say the majority of companies do not give these days off. President's day is in Feb and is a Federal Holiday, but just like MLK Jr Day, most companies do not give these days off... I'm also pretty certain most American companies don't give off for May day or the Queens BDAY. ;-)

That would be funny if you guys got the Queens birthday as a public holiday :rotfl:

I would love to have 4th July, I always had a great time at summer camp :goodvibes

Maybe we should get Guy Fawkes night (5th November) as a holiday :idea: not that the fireworks are anything like WDW's :goodvibes

tlcoke
09-10-2009, 07:46 PM

I get MLK Birthday Holiday off but I have to work on Presidents Day, Columbus Day & Veteran's Day. I call MLK Day our Political Holiday, as that is the only reason we get it off, as there was a stink in the state over schools being in session on MLK day, so they made it a mandatory Holiday.

Since we don't get most of the Minor Federal Holidays off, they give us From Christmas Day - New Year's Day off (adjusted accordingly if they should fall on Saturday or Sunday)

yitbos96bb
09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
I get MLK Birthday Holiday off but I have to work on Presidents Day, Columbus Day & Veteran's Day. I call MLK Day our Political Holiday, as that is the only reason we get it off, as there was a stink in the state over schools being in session on MLK day, so they made it a mandatory Holiday.

Since we don't get most of the Minor Federal Holidays off, they give us From Christmas Day - New Year's Day off (adjusted accordingly if they should fall on Saturday or Sunday)

Wait.. You're a teacher and that's ALL you get off?

katscradle
09-10-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow I was surprized to see the length between holidays you guy's get.
I would die if I had to go that long without a holiday.
We have New year's in Jan., Then Family day in Feb., Then the march break which is a week in March. We also get Good Friday and Easter monday in March next year, but this changes depending on the moon and can be in April. Then Victoria Day in May, Then Canada Day in July.
The Civic at the beginning of August, Labour Day @ the begining of Sept.
Thanksgiving in Oct. Then Christmas in Dec.
I used to work for an American company here in Canada back in the 80's, and they could not figure out how to work the computers here when the Americans had their holidays, so we used to get those as well.
The first 3 years we even got paid for those days, then 1 year we got to take them, but no pay for those days.
The next year they figured out how to make the computers work when the Americans had their holidays and that was it for the cushy life. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

tlcoke
09-11-2009, 05:22 AM
Wait.. You're a teacher and that's ALL you get off?

I am on staff at a State University and we work year round. We get the major holidays, 4th of July, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving & Black Friday, Christmas Day -New Year's Day Week and Martin Luther King Jr B-day. And every 4 years we get the Presidential Election Day off. The students get Columbus day off as a part of their Midterm Break, but we have to work on that day.
We very rarely close for snow (has to be significant amounts). If it snows we usually can only hope for a delayed opening or early closing. This past year has been the exception, as we closed for a week for a major ice storm last January, Flooding in August, and Hurricane Ike's Wind Storm Damage last year in September.

tlcoke
09-11-2009, 05:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Friday!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed, I don't have to work this weekend. Based on work load right now, I get my full weekend off.

kymickeyfan717
09-11-2009, 05:33 AM
Morning all - it's Friday.... Glad it's here. :cool1:

Hope all have a great day & weekend

Cherinva
09-11-2009, 06:59 AM
Ok, here we go...another question..since my DD heard of the Hanes T Shirt shop, now she wants to go to DTD also. We won't have time, if we fly in on Friday to do that (with all the other things we are trying to get to) so now we are thinking of flying in late Thursday and spending the night in the Hotel at the Airport in Orlando. Does anyone know, if we can still use the Magical Express to take us to our Disney Resort the next day? And, if so, how early can we get the first bus?

Renysmom
09-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Hi all -

Just popping in to say Hi. I know I haven't spent much time here lately but between the PC board, the DAP threads, my 7 day cruise meet-up thread and the regular cruise boards I am being stretched for time on the DIS..

Glad to see so many people so excited about the cruise, even though its so far out.. The time will fly though, I can promise you that. My 7 day we booked 14 months ago and now we leave next month.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Enjoy your weekend

jeanigor
09-11-2009, 07:53 AM
Wow time does fly by....yesterday was 4 months since PCC 1.0 set sail. Four months ago we were docked in Nassau. Time is flying by, it seems like only yesterday we were giving hello hugs and squeals on the beach at the Poly...or dancing or singing in Wavebands or listening to the great Lee Cockerell or making other wonderful memories with great people.

The next 15 months and one day are going to be a breeze!!!

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

georgemoe
09-11-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow time does fly by....yesterday was 4 months since PCC 1.0 set sail. Four months ago we were docked in Nassau. Time is flying by, it seems like only yesterday we were giving hello hugs and squeals on the beach at the Poly...or dancing or singing in Wavebands or listening to the great Lee Cockerell or making other wonderful memories with great people.

Cheer up! Like this. :goodvibes

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p158/georgemoe/DATW05152009026.jpg

DVCsince02
09-11-2009, 08:20 AM
Nice bag! ;)

jeanigor
09-11-2009, 09:56 AM
Nice bag! ;)

Speaking of that bag....

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/jeanigor/6818_1218703674206_1427323248_62917.jpg

Wonder where else in the world that bag has been???:scratchin

DVCsince02
09-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Loved seeing Michelle's pictures of her trip. :)

jeanigor
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Remember waaaaay back when, shortly after we got back from the first podcast cruise, when we were taunted with stuff??

I believe one of them was: "Podcast 3.0 will be bigger than 1.0 and 2.0 put together. It will be something DCL has never done before."

Suppose were going to get chilly :cold::cold::cold:with 3.0???:goodvibes:goodvibes

corky441
09-11-2009, 12:32 PM
Remember waaaaay back when, shortly after we got back from the first podcast cruise, when we were taunted with stuff??

I believe one of them was: "Podcast 3.0 will be bigger than 1.0 and 2.0 put together. It will be something DCL has never done before."

Suppose were going to get chilly :cold::cold::cold:with 3.0???:goodvibes:goodvibes

OOOOOOOOOOOO - wouldn't that be wonderful? ::yes::

DVCsince02
09-11-2009, 12:48 PM
Love it!

mla1977
09-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Oooohhhh!!! The Panama Canal Cruise is January 6, 2011!!! Now I don't know what to do! I really want to take that cruise and it is a few weeks after the podcast cruise.

What to do????

georgemoe
09-11-2009, 01:36 PM

I brought up a hypothetical in chat on Wednesday that most people missed. If you could only do 2.0 -or- 3.0 (assuming the Dream in 2011) which would you choose? This also assumes that 3.0 is a date you can attend.

I chose 3.0.

Now the Wonder in Alaska brings up another possibility. :)

Tonight would be a good night to visit Cruise chat. ::yes::

chirurgeon
09-11-2009, 01:39 PM
I guess I am going to have to give up my repo dream for the moment. I WON'T give up PCC 2.0. Maybe if they move the Magic to the West coast when the next ship comes on line. Oh well. I guess I will have to make due with F&W in 2011. Poor me. I'll just save up for PCC 3.0, maybe we will have a 7 day for that one.

Kim

georgemoe
09-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I guess I am going to have to give up my repo dream for the moment. I WON'T give up PCC 2.0. Maybe if they move the Magic to the West coast when the next ship comes on line. Oh well. I guess I will have to make due with F&W in 2011. Poor me. I'll just save up for PCC 3.0, maybe we will have a 7 day for that one.

Kim

The speculating is fun Kim. Remember that both 1.0 and 2.0 have been price sensitive. What will 3.0 be? I'm guessing that 3.0 could/would be the same to allow for a larger group so maybe no 7 day.

Becx N Gav
09-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Friday!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed, I don't have to work this weekend. Based on work load right now, I get my full weekend off.

Got my fingers crossed for you :goodvibes I don't know what I would do if I didn't get the weekend off :scared1:

Hi all -

Just popping in to say Hi. I know I haven't spent much time here lately but between the PC board, the DAP threads, my 7 day cruise meet-up thread and the regular cruise boards I am being stretched for time on the DIS..

Glad to see so many people so excited about the cruise, even though its so far out.. The time will fly though, I can promise you that. My 7 day we booked 14 months ago and now we leave next month.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Enjoy your weekend

Wow, you are busy - have a great time on the 7 night :thumbsup2 I'd love to do that one day, if it weren't for all those darn podcast cruises :sad2: :rotfl:

Holy cow! It sure does go quick, PCC 2.0 will be here before you know it :cloud9:

I hope not, I don't enjoy the cold :guilty: I think it'll be a whole ship of Disers :woohoo: then we could plan our own itinerary :yay:

Dodie
09-11-2009, 02:08 PM
We did a land tour (mostly train, a scary flightseeing tour of Mt. McKinley in a tiny red plane, some motor coach, a couple of boat tours) in Alaska last summer and it was the most amazing vacation we've ever taken. Breathtaking. Beautiful.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/028.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/033.jpg
(That's Mt. McKinley (Denali) in the background.)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/130.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/707.jpg
Aforementioned scary flightseeing tour - BEAUTIFUL.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/413.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/4861.jpg

We've been on the fence about cruising in Alaska since you only "see the edges" and not the beautiful interior parts of the state. Now that we've actually DONE that, a DCL Alaska cruise sounds like it just might fit some future need! If it WERE PCC 3.0, THAT would be a no-brainer. ;)

mainegal
09-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Oooohhhh!!! The Panama Canal Cruise is January 6, 2011!!! Now I don't know what to do! I really want to take that cruise and it is a few weeks after the podcast cruise.

What to do????

Depends - do you want a nice long relaxing cruise? or a party cruise with a bunch of DISers? very different!

Renysmom
09-11-2009, 09:36 PM
When discussing Alaska with John tonight he reminded me how close the summer cruises were to PCC 2.0 and the fact that DCL is not going to do Alaska for just one year, with what they are doing to the ship it will be Alaska for a while so I need to make some decisions..

7 day Western in October 2009m PCC 2.0 in 2010, a Disney Dream Eastern 7 day in fall 2011 and Alaska in 2012 is starting to sound pretty good to me LOL.. Decisions done haha

mainegal
09-11-2009, 09:49 PM
When discussing Alaska with John tonight he reminded me how close the summer cruises were to PCC 2.0 and the fact that DCL is not going to do Alaska for just one year, with what they are doing to the ship it will be Alaska for a while so I need to make some decisions..

7 day Western in October 2009m PCC 2.0 in 2010, a Disney Dream Eastern 7 day in fall 2011 and Alaska in 2012 is starting to sound pretty good to me LOL.. Decisions done haha

Oh, my and WOW! You do a lot of cruising!

A.Mickey
09-11-2009, 09:54 PM
We did a land tour (mostly train, a scary flightseeing tour of Mt. McKinley in a tiny red plane, some motor coach, a couple of boat tours) in Alaska last summer and it was the most amazing vacation we've ever taken. Breathtaking. Beautiful.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/028.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/033.jpg
(That's Mt. McKinley (Denali) in the background.)

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/130.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/707.jpg
Aforementioned scary flightseeing tour - BEAUTIFUL.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/413.jpg http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c192/Dodie123/Alaska%202008/4861.jpg

We've been on the fence about cruising in Alaska since you only "see the edges" and not the beautiful interior parts of the state. Now that we've actually DONE that, a DCL Alaska cruise sounds like it just might fit some future need! If it WERE PCC 3.0, THAT would be a no-brainer. ;)

Those pictures are just gorgeous!! I have to get myself to Alaska one day soon!!! Maybe 3.0 ;) a girl can dream:rolleyes:

Renysmom
09-11-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh, my and WOW! You do a lot of cruising!

Haven't booked them all yet LOL... Just thinking out loud.

winotracy
09-12-2009, 05:37 AM

Disney Dream for 7 nights is not likely going to happen. The schedule for the Magic is out and she will be doing 7 night cruises. The Dream will be doing 3, 4 and 5 nights.

Becx N Gav
09-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Disney Dream for 7 nights is not likely going to happen. The schedule for the Magic is out and she will be doing 7 night cruises. The Dream will be doing 3, 4 and 5 nights.

Do a 3 and 4 back to back :thumbsup2 (or a 3 and 5 or even a 4 and 5!)

sshaw10060
09-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Morning all. Heading home from Chicago in a little while. Chicago was a blast, but it will be nice to get home and see the family. I am currently trying to convince my wife that the 11 day Christmas cruise has are names written all over it. We'll see how that goes.

jeanigor
09-12-2009, 08:54 AM
Did anyone else see the new structure of the Castaway Club membership? I think that DCL has the right idea about customer loyalty....wonder how long it'll take them to do something like that at the Resorts?

wdwscout
09-12-2009, 08:54 AM

I'm so excited about Alaska and the Dream!

I didn't know the 2011 dates for the Magic were out already? Is that just for Travel Agents? I am surprised that the Dream would be doing short cruises. I think I will want to spend as much time as possible on that beautiful boat. :cloud9:

DVCsince02
09-12-2009, 10:42 AM
Did anyone else see the new structure of the Castaway Club membership? I think that DCL has the right idea about customer loyalty....wonder how long it'll take them to do something like that at the Resorts?

Yes, I did see that and submitted a question to the podcast for more detail.

Dodie, your pictures make me want to go visit my cousins in Alaska.:goodvibes

jeanigor
09-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Yes, I did see that and submitted a question to the podcast for more detail.

Dodie, your pictures make me want to go visit my cousins in Alaska.:goodvibes

If you log onto the Castaway Club members page it kind of explains it. It kinda makes me want to get a few more in under my belt before PCC 3.0.....just sayin'

chirurgeon
09-12-2009, 03:48 PM
I've decided against the PC Repo cruise, but now the Alaska cruises are calling my name. I think the air fare is going to be a problem. No direct flights to Vancouver from Pittsburgh. More research on that part to be done.

Kim

tlcoke
09-12-2009, 06:48 PM
I would love to go on the Alaska cruise. I have some friends who now live in Alaska, so It could be a land/sea trip.

chirurgeon
09-12-2009, 09:13 PM
And wouldn't the LA to Vancouver and the Vancouver to Alaska be an amazing back to back cruise? WHY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF??????

Kim

Eeyores#1Fan
09-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi! Just confirmed our cruise so I wanted to stop by an introduce myself. DH and I will be on this cruise (leaving kiddies at home). Will hopefully take them on 2010 Members Only cruise since we skipped this years Members Only.

mainegal
09-12-2009, 10:26 PM
Welcome aboard!:wave::welcome::wave:

OKW Lover
09-13-2009, 07:38 AM
I would love to go on the Alaska cruise. I have some friends who now live in Alaska, so It could be a land/sea trip.

So, wouldn't that make it a land/sea/see trip? :rotfl:

Hi! Just confirmed our cruise so I wanted to stop by an introduce myself. DH and I will be on this cruise (leaving kiddies at home). Will hopefully take them on 2010 Members Only cruise since we skipped this years Members Only.

Welcome aboard!! :sail:

Cherinva
09-13-2009, 03:39 PM

Welcome.:)

katscradle
09-13-2009, 11:09 PM

Welcome! :yay::cheer2::cheer2:

tlcoke
09-14-2009, 05:18 AM

:welcome::welcome::welcome:
Welcome aboard, Timika!!

tlcoke
09-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Monday!

klam_chowder
09-14-2009, 10:57 AM
Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Been away from the boards a bit...hope everyone's end of summer was fab :cool1: and the school year is going well. After Labor Day, the workplace seems to be a more serious place too :hippie:

I barricaded from grass level to about 8 inches below on our shed but it appears that while I was gone, a groundhog might have returned...:eek: :scared1: :faint: Have to check it out tonite :tiptoe:

:welcome: to all the new cruisers and hope all "the oldies" are doing great! :grouphug:

cheers,
:flower3:

sshaw10060
09-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Why is it Mondays can never be easy. I returned to my office this morning after being away at a meeting all week to find 17 voicemails all demanding my immediate attention despite my message saying I would not be checking voicemail until I returned. The good news was that 12 were so old I didn't have to deal with them. Have a great day!

Eeyores#1Fan
09-14-2009, 04:04 PM
My Mon. was HORRIBLE! :sad: But at least it's almost over. And between this board and the Mar WDW trips board I can escape. :goodvibes

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

winotracy
09-15-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm so excited about Alaska and the Dream!

I didn't know the 2011 dates for the Magic were out already? Is that just for Travel Agents? I am surprised that the Dream would be doing short cruises. I think I will want to spend as much time as possible on that beautiful boat. :cloud9:

This makes the most business sense. Many want to do the new itineraries and many also want to go on the Dream. Many will do both. They can hold twice as many people on the short cruises in a week than a long cruise.

Hey everyone I'm back from Miami!!! OMG was it hot and humid down there! We had a great time, now it's back to work. A lot of you asked me about the 2011 sailings and I'll be responding this morning to that.

jeanigor
09-15-2009, 06:19 AM
This makes the most business sense. Many want to do the new itineraries and many also want to go on the Dream. Many will do both. They can hold twice as many people on the short cruises in a week than a long cruise.

Hey everyone I'm back from Miami!!! OMG was it hot and humid down there! We had a great time, now it's back to work. A lot of you asked me about the 2011 sailings and I'll be responding this morning to that.

Morning Tracy, welcome back. Thank you for being the martyr and sacrificing yourself to go check out the ships in Miami. I know just how hard it was for you to do that.:goodvibes

I'd love to go on an Alaskan Cruise....but I will wait. I don't need an inaugural sailing or anything of the sort. I could even wait until the second year....:laughing::laughing::laughing:

tlcoke
09-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Tuesday. I hope everyone has a good day.

Welcome back Tracy!!

katscradle
09-15-2009, 07:02 AM
Good morning everyone!
Have a great day!

sshaw10060
09-15-2009, 09:47 AM
Welcome back Tracy. The 4 years I spent going to college in Miami have scarred me. I really want to move to Orlando, but the hotter than the surface of the sun summers have kept me away so far.

Today is off to a better start than yesterday, so hopefully things will keep on rolling.

tlcoke
09-16-2009, 05:26 AM
Good morning all.

I hate dealing with crazy customers who thinks their job is the only job you have. Ugh!!!

Yeah!! It is Wednesday, Podcast & Chat day.

Have a good day everyone.

Now to take care of the crazy customer.....

kymickeyfan717
09-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Morning all - it's Hump Day. Hope all have a good day...... I'll be glad when this week is over - that's means it's one week closer to my F&W trip to WDW:cool1::cool1:

Eeyores#1Fan
09-16-2009, 06:14 AM
Happy Wed. Everyone! Here's hoping my week gets better as yesterday was worse than Mon.

Welcome back Tracy! My cruise fairy Godmother :goodvibes

katscradle
09-16-2009, 07:04 AM
Good morning everyone! :)

klam_chowder
09-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Happy Hump Day folks! :wave2:

Looking fwd to catching up in chat tonite :goodvibes

cheers,

Cherinva
09-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Good Morning everyone. Happy Wednesday. My DGD turns 13 tomorrow...OMG where is the time going? Can't wait to hear todays Pod Cast. Going to try for chat tonight, the last couple times I tried to get in, my computer won't let me. Will try again tonight.

sshaw10060
09-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Woohoo Hump Day!!!

I don't know what it is, but this week is killing me. I can't seem to concentrate. All I do is count the days until Nov 5 when we return to WDW for a few days before our cruise.

Hopefully I can try chat tonight. We'll see what time I make it home from work.

mainegal
09-16-2009, 10:25 AM
I really liked last week's four day work week. Why can't we have more of those?

mainegal
09-17-2009, 06:24 AM
We are cruising on the Disney Wonder, right?

I was in either the Disney Dream, or maybe it was the Disney Nightmare.

Right before I woke up, I deamt that I was on a cruise ship. In the lobby before going into dinner, there was entertainment - very Disney! But I didn't know anybody!

A kind maitre d' dressed sort of as the Mad Hatter (it was an Alice in Wonderland themed dinner) tried very hard to take me around to different tables to find me a seat for dinner. In my dream, I couldn't figure why I hadn't met Tracey, my cruise roomie yet. I finally ended up at a table with a bunch of small kids at one end and a very nice (non-Dis) family at the other. Then I woke up and went for a walk.

Please, find me and include me in the cruise fun. I guess I really don't want to be left out!

tlcoke
09-17-2009, 06:50 AM
We are cruising on the Disney Wonder, right?

I was in either the Disney Dream, or maybe it was the Disney Nightmare.

Right before I woke up, I deamt that I was on a cruise ship. In the lobby before going into dinner, there was entertainment - very Disney! But I didn't know anybody!

A kind maitre d' dressed sort of as the Mad Hatter (it was an Alice in Wonderland themed dinner) tried very hard to take me around to different tables to find me a seat for dinner. In my dream, I couldn't figure why I hadn't met Tracey, my cruise roomie yet. I finally ended up at a table with a bunch of small kids at one end and a very nice (non-Dis) family at the other. Then I woke up and went for a walk.

Please, find me and include me in the cruise fun. I guess I really don't want to be left out!

Don't worry, I've got you covered :thumbsup2.

I think your dreams are telling you to go on vacation or it's nightmares about all the construction and being discombobulated at the Library.

tlcoke
09-17-2009, 06:53 AM
Happy Thursday Everyone!!

My vacation count down has begun.
I am 4 weeks away from my Long and very needed vacation.

tinkbutt
09-17-2009, 07:29 AM
SIX DAYS!!!!! I am bouncing off the walls I am so ready to go to WDW!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

jeanigor
09-17-2009, 08:00 AM
I am listening to the podcast and if what the crew is talking about comes to fruition with the reclassification of DCL stateroom categories, I feel SOOOOOOOO sorry for Tracy (and whichever other DU TA's that deal with DCL.)

georgemoe
09-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Howdy doo. :wave2:

Happy Thursday Everyone!!

My vacation count down has begun.
I am 4 weeks away from my Long and very needed vacation.

Nice! :goodvibes

SIX DAYS!!!!! I am bouncing off the walls I am so ready to go to WDW!!!!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I have 8 days and I can start my single digit dance! :woohoo:

winotracy
09-17-2009, 08:26 AM
I am listening to the podcast and if what the crew is talking about comes to fruition with the reclassification of DCL stateroom categories, I feel SOOOOOOOO sorry for Tracy (and whichever other DU TA's that deal with DCL.)

Tracy is the one who got all the numbers :)

jeanigor
09-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Tracy is the one who got all the numbers :)

I'd like a 6B with a large diet and side of large fries.:goodvibes

winotracy
09-17-2009, 08:56 AM

I'd like a 7B, 5C or T, definitely a T!

BriarRosie
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM

OMG. I listened to the podcast and my head was swimming. I am feeling complete sympathy for you right about now. :flower3:

jeanigor
09-17-2009, 12:21 PM

If I gave you mine, then I would be Tiara Odd. And that's just not right. (Alternatively I was going to say 'You sunk my Battleship!')

katscradle
09-17-2009, 04:45 PM
Tracy my heart goes out to you.
However I think if anyone can master this it will be you.
I will in future just tell you what I want and how much I can spend.
We will start there, however I think I might only be able to afford steerage.
Does DCL have steerage? :eek::scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2:

jeanigor
09-17-2009, 04:47 PM
Tracy my heart goes out to you.
However I think if anyone can master this it will be you.
I will in future just tell you what I want and how much I can spend.
We will start there, however I think I might only be able to afford steerage.
Does DCL have steerage? :eek::scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ask Don....:thumbsup2

OKW Lover
09-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Do you want to super-size that?:happytv:

kymickeyfan717
09-18-2009, 05:34 AM
Morn all - hope all have a great Friday & weekend. This time next week I'll be getting ready to leave for WDW for F&W and MNSSHP.. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

tlcoke
09-18-2009, 06:26 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

I hope everyone has a good day. I am sooo glad it is friday. This has been a long week.

jeanigor
09-18-2009, 06:59 AM
HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!!!

I hope everyone has a good day. I am sooo glad it is friday. This has been a long week.

I hear ya, Tracey!

Happy Friday! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Cherinva
09-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Happy Friday everyone. Have a great weekend.

klam_chowder
09-18-2009, 01:27 PM

Just listening to the podcast now and figured out to what you're referring...when I booked our Princess cruise a couple of months ago, they had 33 state room categories :eek: :faint: I marvelled to DH how great DCL's set up was. Now...:sad2: :sad2: :sad1:

Ask Don....:thumbsup2

:duck:

Have a great w/end folks :wave2: We're heading out to a bar with some friends tonite to celebrate a youngin's :bday: Later this weekend, I'm taking DH out for dinner to a dessert-only restaurant :cake: - we'll see how that goes :love:

cheers,

mla1977
09-18-2009, 01:31 PM
Hello fellow cruisers! Who here listens to podcasts? (Aside from the DIS, of course).

Well, yours truly is on this weeks episode of All About the Mouse! Take a listen, but be kind in your reviews.

jeanigor
09-18-2009, 02:48 PM
I just noticed on my ticker (as well as most everyone else's)......

Today is 450 Days Until Fun on a Boat!!!

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::yay::yay:

(I like round or milestone numbers, so that's why today got picked over yesterday or tomorrow as a count down day)

mainegal
09-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Hello fellow cruisers! Who here listens to podcasts? (Aside from the DIS, of course).

Well, yours truly is on this weeks episode of All About the Mouse! Take a listen, but be kind in your reviews.

I listen to lots of podcasts. Six Disney podcasts. I will be looking forward to hearing you!

kimisabella
09-19-2009, 09:48 AM
Just listening to the podcast now and figured out to what you're referring...when I booked our Princess cruise a couple of months ago, they had 33 state room categories :eek: :faint: I marvelled to DH how great DCL's set up was. Now...:sad2: :sad2: :sad1:

:duck:

Have a great w/end folks :wave2: We're heading out to a bar with some friends tonite to celebrate a youngin's :bday: Later this weekend, I'm taking DH out for dinner to a dessert-only restaurant :cake: - we'll see how that goes :love:

cheers,

Hi Karen - haven't seen you in a while!!! How are you and Robert? I haven't been on this thread much since it seems so long until the cruise! I think most of us hang out on the DAP thread now. Have fun this weekend, I'm interested to hear what you will be eating for dinner at a dessert only restaurant!

katscradle
09-21-2009, 07:16 AM
I just noticed on my ticker (as well as most everyone else's)......

Today is 450 Days Until Fun on a Boat!!!

:cool1::cool1::banana::banana::yay::yay:

(I like round or milestone numbers, so that's why today got picked over yesterday or tomorrow as a count down day)

Todd when you put it like that it doesn't seem so far away! :banana:
Good morning everyone. :)

aGoofyMom
09-21-2009, 08:35 AM
:wave2:

Good morning!

Cherinva
09-21-2009, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Pete and Walter come home today...yeah.

sshaw10060
09-21-2009, 12:47 PM
I am finally setlling back into my normal routine after traveling a lot the last few weeks. I am now sitting in my office on a boring conference call feeling totally overhwelmed.

I do have some good news. Some of you may remember that my father-in-law is undergoing chemo for lymphoma and he was hoing to go to WDW and on a 7 day cruise 2 days after his last chemo treatment in November. I had actually canceled his cruise without telling him before the no-refund deadline thinking his doctor wouldn't let him go.

Today at his appointment the Dr. gave him the OK to cruise. :banana: He is thrilled. I now need to e-mail Tracy about getting him back on the cruise. I figure I will wait until tomorrow since she is probably swamped trying to book all the new cruises today.

Happy Monday all!!

winotracy
09-21-2009, 01:38 PM
I am finally setlling back into my normal routine after traveling a lot the last few weeks. I am now sitting in my office on a boring conference call feeling totally overhwelmed.

I do have some good news. Some of you may remember that my father-in-law is undergoing chemo for lymphoma and he was hoing to go to WDW and on a 7 day cruise 2 days after his last chemo treatment in November. I had actually canceled his cruise without telling him before the no-refund deadline thinking his doctor wouldn't let him go.

Today at his appointment the Dr. gave him the OK to cruise. :banana: He is thrilled. I now need to e-mail Tracy about getting him back on the cruise. I figure I will wait until tomorrow since she is probably swamped trying to book all the new cruises today.

Happy Monday all!!

Go ahead and email me now. I'll need payment information so I'll forward you that link when I get your email.

klam_chowder
09-21-2009, 01:58 PM
Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Hello fellow cruisers! Who here listens to podcasts? (Aside from the DIS, of course). Well, yours truly is on this weeks episode of All About the Mouse! Take a listen, but be kind in your reviews.

I've never heard of that podcast before but will check it out to hear your great episode! :thumbsup2

Hi Karen - haven't seen you in a while!!! How are you and Robert? I haven't been on this thread much since it seems so long until the cruise! I think most of us hang out on the DAP thread now. Have fun this weekend, I'm interested to hear what you will be eating for dinner at a dessert only restaurant!

Hey Andrea!! :wave: Yeah, been away for a bit: I headed to the west coast for a 3wks to celebrate my dad's b'day in-person :cake: and help them out with stuff. I got back and after a couple of nites, Robert basically collapsed in pain and finally let me take him to the ER :eek: They thought he had heart probs :scared1: Anyhoo, short story is I stayed with him at the hospital and they eventually discharged him after 4 days and the angiogram gave him the all-clear - of course I was pretty sure it wasn't his heart :rolleyes1 He's fine now, been back to work for a wk and resumed all regular activities :love:

Glad for y'all that DAP details sound fab :thumbsup2 :dance3: :sad2: we won't be there :sad2: Hope all is well with Vinny and your girls. They settled into the new school year routine yet? :goodvibes

Today at his appointment the Dr. gave him the OK to cruise. :banana: He is thrilled.

So wonderful to hear Scott...your family will be together and not have to worry about him being without y'all there. Enjoy your very special cruise together pixiedust:

cheers,

tlcoke
09-22-2009, 06:41 AM
Hi Everyone!! Happy Tuesday.

Great news Scott on your FIL. The cruise will be a good uplifting time for him after his treatments.

I think this board will get busy once DAP is over in December and we hit the one year mark.

Cherinva
09-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone.

kimisabella
09-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey Andrea!! :wave: Yeah, been away for a bit: I headed to the west coast for a 3wks to celebrate my dad's b'day in-person :cake: and help them out with stuff. I got back and after a couple of nites, Robert basically collapsed in pain and finally let me take him to the ER :eek: They thought he had heart probs :scared1: Anyhoo, short story is I stayed with him at the hospital and they eventually discharged him after 4 days and the angiogram gave him the all-clear - of course I was pretty sure it wasn't his heart :rolleyes1 He's fine now, been back to work for a wk and resumed all regular activities :love:

Glad for y'all that DAP details sound fab :thumbsup2 :dance3: :sad2: we won't be there :sad2: Hope all is well with Vinny and your girls. They settled into the new school year routine yet? :goodvibes

Oh Karen, what a scare!!! I'm so glad Robert is feeling better now, that must have been horrible. Guys can be so stubborn, I know, Vinny had to be rushed to the ER because he has atrial fibrilation (we didn't know it at the time) and it was so scary. I'm sure you've been taking good care of him.

So nice that you went to visit your dad for so long, it must be hard having your parents live far away - I wouldn't know, my parents are around the corner :laughing::laughing::laughing:!!

The girls are good, into the 3rd week of school now and back into the old routine, school, soccer, religion, ect....They are looking forward to December and already deciding which priness costumes they will be bringing!

jeanigor
09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
The girls are good, into the 3rd week of school now and back into the old routine, school, soccer, religion, ect....They are looking forward to December and already deciding which priness costumes they will be bringing!

Will there be a coordination effort?

kimisabella
09-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't know - which princess dresses do you have ;) ??? We have Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel (both mermaid & wedding), Belle, and although not princesses, Tinkerbell and Minnie Mouse.

DVCsince02
09-22-2009, 11:51 AM
I don't know - which princess dresses do you have ;) ??? We have Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Jasmine, Ariel (both mermaid & wedding), Belle, and although not princesses, Tinkerbell and Minnie Mouse.

Oh my gosh, it sounds like my house, but I only have 1 daughter.:laughing: I'm almost afraid to name all the costumes.:rolleyes1

dpuck1998
09-22-2009, 01:11 PM

Oh my gosh, it sounds like my house, but I only have 1 daughter.:laughing: I'm almost afraid to name all the costumes.:rolleyes1

I hear ya, I don't think there is a princess we don't have and some of them twice (ball gown, wedding gown, etc). Not to mention the barbie and tinkerbell outfits....and the plain old dress up items.

klam_chowder
09-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I hear ya, I don't think there is a princess we don't have and some of them twice (ball gown, wedding gown, etc). Not to mention the barbie and tinkerbell outfits....and the plain old dress up items.

Don, are you trying to decide which one to wear to the Muddy Buddy? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,

sshaw10060
09-22-2009, 02:20 PM
All this princess talk makes me glad we have a boy. Give him a pirate hat and sword and he is all set. The generic pirate costume works much better than the generic princess.

AskTracy came through again and my FIL is all set for our cruise in November. He is so excited that he started packing last night!

Madi100
09-22-2009, 02:29 PM

And which ones does Lily have now that we have seen your list?

jeanigor
09-22-2009, 02:48 PM
All this princess talk makes me glad we have a boy. Give him a pirate hat and sword and he is all set. The generic pirate costume works much better than the generic princess.

AskTracy came through again and my FIL is all set for our cruise in November. He is so excited that he started packing last night!

Ignoring the gender bias....
Tracy is not human. She can do things beyond imagination. All hail Tracy! All hail Tracy! All hail Tracey!!

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

dpuck1998
09-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Don, are you trying to decide which one to wear to the Muddy Buddy? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,

I'm leaning towards tink

Dunno, I think she has a few I'd have to check.....:rotfl2:

shellyminnie
09-22-2009, 05:25 PM

cheers,

I'm leaning towards tink

You do know, we will hold you to this, right?? :rotfl2:;)

A.Mickey
09-22-2009, 10:23 PM

Make sure to find me and I will give you a welcome hug!!

That is great news Scott! Congrats!! And I can't believe Tracy! Just call her Wonder Woman! :eek:

Yay! Chat night tomorrow!

tlcoke
09-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Good Morning Cruisers!!! Happy Wednesday to you!!!

mainegal
09-23-2009, 07:02 AM
Good morning and hoping for a better day than yesterday...

I had to stay late last night to do a display of library offerings at the town's "energy forum". I kind of resented doing it as there were more exhibitors than visitors.

The school parking lot was crowded with cars still from afterschool sports and parking spaces were hard to come by. I drove into a boulder at the edge of the parking lot. Crushed and scraped my car bumper.

Getting out of my car at home, gathering my belongings, my brand new ipod dropped to the pavement. Nicks on the back and a scratch on the glass screen.

I know they are just "things", but it makes me unhappy. :sad2:

Cherinva
09-23-2009, 07:10 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Happy Wednesday!

jeanigor
09-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Hope your today gets better than your yesterday, Lyn. :hug:

mainegal
09-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Hope your today gets better than your yesterday, Lyn. :hug:

Maybe if I could borrow your tiara... might help!

jeanigor
09-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Maybe if I could borrow your tiara... might help!
:thumbsup2
I just need it back if I go to Chicago in a couple weeks. :goodvibes

tiggerbell
09-23-2009, 07:34 AM
:thumbsup2
I just need it back if I go to Chicago in a couple weeks. :goodvibes

I would let you use my new Mickey Mouse one! :flower3:

jeanigor
09-23-2009, 07:39 AM
I would let you use my new Mickey Mouse one! :flower3:

Me thinks that we should have matching ones. Can't be out done by my Vice-Queen.:love::flower3:princess:

klam_chowder
09-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Happy Hump Day folks! :wave2:

I'm leaning towards tink

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: You're a great sport, Don. :thumbsup2 You know I'd pay money to see that! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

You do know, we will hold you to this, right?? :rotfl2:;)

Shelly - you're a tough cookie! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hope it's a better day for you Lyn!! :hug: pixiedust: Looking fwd to mtg you on the cruise - I'll join Shanan in giving you a welcome hug! :grouphug:

Still trying to get that last groundhog - he's huge now :scared1: Hope he's not going into hibernation soon :eek: :tiptoe:

cheers,

DVCsince02
09-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Awesome news Scott!

Karen - Good luck with the ground hog. We got ours with Juicy Fruit gum. Apparently they like the sweetness of it, but can't digest it. Let's just say I haven't seen him again.

tlcoke
09-24-2009, 06:45 AM

I had to stay late last night to do a display of library offerings at the town's "energy forum". I kind of resented doing it as there were more exhibitors than visitors.

The school parking lot was crowded with cars still from afterschool sports and parking spaces were hard to come by. I drove into a boulder at the edge of the parking lot. Crushed and scraped my car bumper.

Getting out of my car at home, gathering my belongings, my brand new ipod dropped to the pavement. Nicks on the back and a scratch on the glass screen.

I know they are just "things", but it makes me unhappy. :sad2:

Sorry about your bad day on Tuesday. I hope your week has gotten better.

tlcoke
09-24-2009, 06:52 AM
Ignoring the gender bias....
Tracy is not human. She can do things beyond imagination. All hail Tracy! All hail Tracy! All hail Tracey!!

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Todd, I see you included me in your reveille :worship::worship:. Not to get me confused with AskTracy. ;)

tlcoke
09-24-2009, 07:01 AM
Oh Yeah, I forgot to say Good Morning Everyone!!! Happy Thursday!!

mainegal
09-24-2009, 07:18 AM
My week is going somewhat better. This is the week to prepare the library budget for next year, making back-up list of possible cuts. Not an easy task. And trying to reassure staff that I am including them in the budget, hoping that there will not be need for staff cuts by the time the budgets reach the town council.

I think I made a mistake last night. After chat, I switched over to Facebook. And I joined Farmville! I hope it was not a major lapse in good judgement. I really do not need a time-suck!

Even with late night facebook, I still managed to get up at 6:00 for two mile walk.

Another day to wear shorts for walk and skirt with sandals! Finally summer while the leaves are turning pretty colors.

Almost the weekend! Hooray! :goodvibes

tlcoke
09-24-2009, 07:24 AM
My week is going somewhat better. This is the week to prepare the library budget for next year, making back-up list of possible cuts. Not an easy task. And trying to reassure staff that I am including them in the budget, hoping that there will not be need for staff cuts by the time the budgets reach the town council.

I think I made a mistake last night. After chat, I switched over to Facebook. And I joined Farmville! I hope it was not a major lapse in good judgement. I really do not need a time-suck!

Even with late night facebook, I still managed to get up at 6:00 for two mile walk.

Another day to wear shorts for walk and skirt with sandals! Finally summer while the leaves are turning pretty colors.

Good job on your 2 mile walk. I am not going to do farmville. I don't have the time. I have had several friends want me to do Mafia Wars, but I stayed away from it also.

Yes, summer arrived just in time for Fall. Though they are forecasting a Major cool down next week. With our crazy weather this year, with our luck we will go straight to Winter.

jeanigor
09-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Todd, I see you included me in your reveille :worship::worship:. Not to get me confused with AskTracy. ;)

Just because you spell it differently, doesn't make you any less special...maybe with fewer super powers, but still special!

Welcome to the collective.

klam_chowder
09-24-2009, 08:15 AM
Happy Kiss Day folks! :wave2:

Thx a mint for the tip, Jen. I set out a fresh carrot last nite :tiptoe:...so far no luck still :sad2: Might have to resort to other tools in the ACME Corp box :rolleyes1

I'm pretty excited - I just booked my airfare for the Winter Olympics :woohoo:

cheers,

jeanigor
09-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Happy Kiss Day folks! :wave2:

Thx a mint for the tip, Jen. I set out a fresh carrot last nite :tiptoe:...so far no luck still :sad2: Might have to resort to other tools in the ACME Corp box :rolleyes1

cheers,

Kiss day as in smooch or the band?

klam_chowder
09-24-2009, 08:32 AM
Kiss day as in smooch or the band?

:love2:

but all the headbangers out there, you can http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu57/klam_chowder/kiss-headbang.gif

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

sshaw10060
09-24-2009, 08:35 AM

cheers,

I am so jealous. I have always wanted to go to the Olympics. I am hoping Chicago gets the 2016 Summer Games so I can attend.

My day is off to a bad start. I forgot I had a 7:30 meeting this morning so I stopped for a hair cut on my way to work and missed the meeting. Oops.

mainegal
09-24-2009, 08:50 AM
Welcome to the collective.

Farmville - please tell me, just how much of my time will it consume?
WIll you help me be a better farmer?

jeanigor
09-24-2009, 08:54 AM
Farmville - please tell me, just how much of my time will it consume?
WIll you help me be a better farmer?

It will consume as much as you allow. Depending on how you plan you crops, planting a crop that is ready in 4 hours versus 3 days for example, is the easiest way to control your addiction. I have been planting 12 hours crops before I leave work, so I don't harvest at home. DP gets frustrated as he doesn't understand.

mainegal
09-24-2009, 11:14 AM
It will consume as much as you allow. Depending on how you plan you crops, planting a crop that is ready in 4 hours versus 3 days for example, is the easiest way to control your addiction. I have been planting 12 hours crops before I leave work, so I don't harvest at home. DP gets frustrated as he doesn't understand.

If you are not harvesting at home, that means you are harvesting at work? hmmm... methinks we should be "working" at work!

jeanigor
09-24-2009, 11:21 AM
If you are not harvesting at home, that means you are harvesting at work? hmmm... methinks we should be "working" at work!

Bah! I take my work home frequently. I also don't smoke (like most of the people here) so instead of a smoke break, I take a harvest break.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Dodie
09-24-2009, 11:45 AM
The other Farmville option - perhaps not as profitable - is to plant things that take two or three days to grow. That means I only have to get on and take care of business two or three times a week instead of every day.

katscradle
09-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Just thought I would pop in and say Hi!
I have been busy painting today.
I also got the permit needed to remove 3 large trees from our backyard.
Tree guy is coming sometime near the end of next week.
Fence guy will be giving us a qoute on the weekend.
The surveyor is coming in 2-3 weeks.
Now i just have to line up a paving company to come as soon as the fence posts go in. :yay::yay:
I am hoping to pull all this all off in the month of October.
Wish me luck. :)

jeanigor
09-24-2009, 02:39 PM
The other Farmville option - perhaps not as profitable - is to plant things that take two or three days to grow. That means I only have to get on and take care of business two or three times a week instead of every day.

Same idea. I just have turn over time.

icunurse_celeste
09-24-2009, 07:48 PM
I am finally getting around to introducing myself. HELLO! I'm Celeste. I haven't had a chance to look & see if there is anyone currently on this cruise, that I have cruised with. I need to find "the page" that has all the information on it.

I have cruised on a few of the regular routes, first Panama Canal, first 11 night Southern Caribbean, first 11 night Med & 5 night Bahamian. So, if you were on any of these....I might know you. :rotfl:

I hope to get to know all of you better & have lots of fun. I have been listening to the podcast since the beginning.....so glad those awful original format shows didn't last long. :scared1: I haven't post much outside of one or two cruise threads, so I'm probably a stranger to most.

I will be traveling with my son, who will be 12 at the time. Whoa!!! Should his teachers not allow him to miss school, I'm going anyway...

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

xoxo
C

tlcoke
09-25-2009, 05:26 AM
I am finally getting around to introducing myself. HELLO! I'm Celeste. I haven't had a chance to look & see if there is anyone currently on this cruise, that I have cruised with. I need to find "the page" that has all the information on it.

I have cruised on a few of the regular routes, first Panama Canal, first 11 night Southern Caribbean, first 11 night Med & 5 night Bahamian. So, if you were on any of these....I might know you. :rotfl:

I hope to get to know all of you better & have lots of fun. I have been listening to the podcast since the beginning.....so glad those awful original format shows didn't last long. :scared1: I haven't post much outside of one or two cruise threads, so I'm probably a stranger to most.

I will be traveling with my son, who will be 12 at the time. Whoa!!! Should his teachers not allow him to miss school, I'm going anyway...

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

xoxo
C

Welcome Aboard!

This Thread is a little slow right now, but will pick up activity after DAP (Disapalooza in December). We all look forward to meeting you, too.

tlcoke
09-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! Happy Friday!!!