PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

tlcoke
07-30-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey Tracey,

I'm guessing that's U of L?

How'd southern Indiana fare? I grew up there(Sellersburg) and no one from home has called to fill me in.:confused3

I get texts, so I know they're alive (darn texting family!) just wondered if they were underwater too?

Lori pirate:

Yes Lori, It was at UofL. The whole area got lots of rain Tuesday night into yesterday morning, then off and on all day. Major flash flooding yesterday morning resulting in many road closures and travel headaches. I didn't hear anything specific on Sellersburg, but I know the last time we had rains this heavy a few weeks ago, Sellersburg area was hit hard.

I got to work about 45 minutes before the rain that caused the flooding in these pictures hit. That rain made what I drove through look like sprinkles in comparison and I was dodging large pools of water on the interstate.

The water at the deepest spot, below the railroad track bridge is about 12 to 15 feet deep.

jeanigor
07-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Congrats on 3000 Lori!!!

TheBeadPirate
07-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Congrats on 3000 Lori!!!

THanks! Now I know I'm special.....Todd said so!:goodvibes

katscradle
07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Here goes!
I am going to attempt to post a picture of my car when I get it.
However I have no idea how to do this so be patient.:confused3

There will be no family outing for ice cream.
After the last few years with the boys they have been told they have to shower and put on clean clothes before getting in mommy's new car.
And no eating or drinking allowed in the car. I know I'm mean. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Jen it has been quiet here, hope you feel better soon. :hug:

katscradle
07-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Woohoooo!!! Welcome to the Santa Fe Club!!! I think you are going to love it. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi all, I am feeling better today. I wanted to share pictures with you of our Monsoons we have been having here. This was yesterday morning, when we got 2"+ in a very short time next to the parking lot at the Campus where I work.

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood3is.jpg

My car is the Jeep on the far right edge of the picture. Luckily I park on a higher section of the parking lot.

Here is more pictures of the same Viaduct and Campus

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood2is.jpg
http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood1is.jpg

This next picture is after the water receded, so that you can get perspective of how much water was there.

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood4is.jpg

THanks! Now I know I'm special.....Todd said so!:goodvibes

Thank you Tonya, I think I am going to love this car. :love::love:

Wow! That is a lot of rain, scary! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Lori and Rick congrats on 3000th :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

OKW Lover
07-30-2009, 05:25 PM
Good Morning!!!! Guess What!!!!!

500 days until we sail for Fun on a Boat, Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!! (or 423 days until you need to make your final payment.)

500 days and counting!!!!

That's about all. Bill is doing better.:goodvibes Hope you kick the cold soon.:hug:

Todd,
I'm not sure I quite understood. How many days is it until we cruise again? :goodvibes

winotracy
07-30-2009, 06:13 PM
Looks like Bill will be getting a pacemaker tomorrow sometime. Then the doc wants him here at the hospital through the weekend so hopefully Monday he'll come home.

Lots of new bookings this week! I haven't heard the podcast but I heard they talked about the number of rooms. It's impressive! We are very, very close to double the number of people too!!!

Special delivery arrived today from Canada. The flowers are beautiful! Thank you Katherine and John :goodvibes

mainegal
07-30-2009, 08:10 PM
Tracey - Wow! What a lot of water!

Tracy - Give our best to Bill and his doctors. Hope he does well and comes home soon.

Newbies - WELCOME!

A.Mickey
07-30-2009, 11:39 PM
(or 423 days until you need to make your final payment.)

Thanks for reminding me! :guilty:

Good morning guy's!
One more day to go and y birthday present from John will arrive.
A 2009 Santa Fe. Dark red on the outside, and tan leather interior.
I can't wait! :)

WOW! YUM new car smell! :rolleyes:

HI ya'll!

How's everyone doing? Any cool weekend plans?

Rick found a 7 night on the Magic in September for $2200 for 2 people in a cat 6. It killed me to be responsible and say no........:rotfl2:......after thinking about it for QUITE awhile.......

Why do I always have to be the adult!:rolleyes:
:scared1:Oh my gosh! How much for the category 12?!?! I would :love: to go on a 7 day!!

Tracy- Thanks for keeping us posted! :hug: The flowers that you posted on FB are beautiful! Are those the ones from Katherine and John? That is so nice of you guys!

Tracey- I thought the same as Todd, that isn't much water:confused3...until I saw the last picture!! :scared1: Holy smokes Batman! :eek:

Becx N Gav
07-31-2009, 01:48 AM
Morning all Friday is finally here :cool1:

tlcoke
07-31-2009, 05:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Friday! Is it 4:30 yet?

We got more flooding rains overnight. I am so ready for the rain to stop for a while. We have had our coolest July on recorded history - never hit 90 degrees this month. May have been one of the wettest too.

East Coasters be ready for heavy rains moving your way today. We were getting up to 2" per hour from this system.

tlcoke
07-31-2009, 05:08 AM
Looks like Bill will be getting a pacemaker tomorrow sometime. Then the doc wants him here at the hospital through the weekend so hopefully Monday he'll come home.

Lots of new bookings this week! I haven't heard the podcast but I heard they talked about the number of rooms. It's impressive! We are very, very close to double the number of people too!!!

Special delivery arrived today from Canada. The flowers are beautiful! Thank you Katherine and John :goodvibes

We are thinking about you and Bill. I hope the proceedure goes smoothly and he gets to come home soon.

kymickeyfan717
07-31-2009, 05:26 AM
Morning all ... It's Friday....:banana:. So glad it's finally here. Hope all have a great day & weekend. Not many plans this weekend.

Got the new Wii Sports Resort game and going to try that out tonight. Looks pretty interesting.....

katscradle
07-31-2009, 05:52 AM
Good morning guy's.
Tracy I will send a little prayer hoping all goes smooth when they do the pacemaker.
Take care of yourself. :hug:

mainegal
07-31-2009, 05:59 AM
Good morning!
What a sunny start to the day
Yet the radar shows a biiiig storm coming. Thanks for the warning, Tracey. Yet the still predict a full sunny day for Saturday.

klam_chowder
07-31-2009, 08:03 AM
TGIF folks! :wave2:

Hope everyone's feeling better; best wishes to Bill. :grouphug:

Becky, so many changes for g'ma...she's lucky y'all there to support and help her thru it :hug:

George & John, I heard part of the call-in show with you guys in it - good job fellas! :yay: George, I'd was worried that Deb had fallen and hurt her leg on the cruise as I didn't know the backstory of why she was suddenly in a wheelchair so I was glad to hear it wasn't for that reason. 19 years - wow! :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tracey, yowza - that's :scared1: :scared1: rain! Glad to hear not much damage at least. :goodvibes

Supposed to hit 80 for the weekend - let's hope it holds out. Some friends chartered a catamaran for a few hours on Lake Erie this weekend so we'll be out on the water enjoying "refreshments". Make it a great weekend all! :upsidedow

cheers,
:flower3:

tmli
07-31-2009, 09:47 AM
I haven't been to this thread forever!! I am SHOCKED it is still on the first one!

Looks like I will be solo on this trip....DH probably can't get the extra time off work since we will be doing 10 days in a great offsite condo over xmas and New Years!!

Might take ds with me but it will be his first year of High School :scared1: and not sure if taking him out will be a good idea!

katscradle
07-31-2009, 10:52 AM
I haven't been to this thread forever!! I am SHOCKED it is still on the first one!

Looks like I will be solo on this trip....DH probably can't get the extra time off work since we will be doing 10 days in a great offsite condo over xmas and New Years!!

Might take ds with me but it will be his first year of High School :scared1: and not sure if taking him out will be a good idea!

Well this sucks that DH can't come!
Bring DS it won't kill him to miss a week of school.
Tell the school you are taking him on an educational feild trip. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Klam enjoy your weekend. It sounds great. :thumbsup2

I am patiently waiting. One more hour and I can go pick up my new car.:yay::yay:
I can't wait to take that baby for a spin and enjoy the new car smell.:banana:
Then we are off to the cottage for a long weekend.
We have the Civic holiday on Monday, so we probably won't be home till Tuesday afternoon. :yay::yay::yay:
I hope everyone has a great weekend. :)

Madi100
07-31-2009, 11:14 AM
Happy Friday everyone. I feel like I haven't been here forever. It's hard to keep up. My mom left today. She was here and helped me pack, which is great. I hate the fact that we are renting and will only be living there for 4-6 months and then repacking. We are thinking of building, but I'm not exactly sure. Poor DH. He's been so tired this week. Lots of stress for him. We'll definitely be looking forward to vacation in December.

katscradle
07-31-2009, 04:00 PM
My new car!!!

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj64/3guysandagal/100_1000edit.jpg

Madi100
07-31-2009, 04:18 PM
My new car!!!

I like it!

Tonya2426
07-31-2009, 04:35 PM
Very nice!!!!

katscradle
07-31-2009, 07:25 PM
I like it too!
It is very nice to drive.
I am off to the cottage for the weekend. :)

sandyh67
07-31-2009, 08:47 PM
My new car!!!

I like it! Is it a santa fe?
I might be looking for a new car as well- my van is making a scary noise, DH said if its the trasmission..... we will see.

sandyh67
07-31-2009, 09:23 PM
Hey everybody :wave2:
been forever since I have been here,
all ok here- other than having my purse stolen this week- those on facebook heard the story, stolen by my cousin who was at my house at a big family party I hosted. :sad2: worst part was loosing my itouch- replaced that tuesday, could not stand not having it-
anyway, thats my sad story- waiting on all my cards and id replacements to come, but I have an ipod again :) upgraded to the 16g to make myself feel better- its working!

winotracy
08-01-2009, 06:41 AM
:hug::hug: Jaime

Thanks Nicole :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts, prayers and pixie dust yesterday. It was a very long day but Bill came through the surgery feeling 500% better. Haven't talked to him this morning, but hopefully we are on our way to a speedy recovery.

Launchpad11B
08-01-2009, 07:05 AM

Thanks everyone for your good thoughts, prayers and pixie dust yesterday. It was a very long day but Bill came through the surgery feeling 500% better. Haven't talked to him this morning, but hopefully we are on our way to a speedy recovery.

You two will be back to a normal routine before you know it!! Send our best to Bill. :hug:

georgemoe
08-01-2009, 07:46 AM
all ok here- other than having my purse stolen this week- those on facebook heard the story, stolen by my cousin who was at my house at a big family party I hosted. :sad2: worst part was loosing my itouch- replaced that tuesday, could not stand not having it-
anyway, thats my sad story- waiting on all my cards and id replacements to come, but I have an ipod again :) upgraded to the 16g to make myself feel better- its working!

Hi Sandy. Sorry to hear about the thievery. :confused: Glad you stopped by.

Hi Tracy. Glad to hear Bill's surgery went well. Deb and I send him our best. :hug:

Good morning everyone. :wave2:

I'm going to call MS to see if I can renew today, my DVC AP's that expire on 12/1, and take advantage of the existing pricing before tomorrow.

Later today it's off to my daughters place for my grandaughter Maegan's 3rd birthday party. :banana: I'll be having cake today. :goodvibes

shellyminnie
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM

That's great to hear Tracy!! Send Bill my love.

sshaw10060
08-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Just got back from Maine. We had torrential rains last night. I lived in FL for 4 years and these were as heavy as any rain I saw there (except hurricane Andrew).

Tracy: I hope all is going well. I can't believe you took the time to sort out my cruise changes with all that going on. You are truly amazing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

tlcoke
08-01-2009, 05:08 PM
My new car!!!

I Like your new car, I bought a new one today in honor of my upcoming Birthday on Monday. My Jeep has been acting up lately and I am almost sure that the Transmission is skipping, so I traded it in on the CARS Rebate program. It needed a lot of other work too, that was going to be costly to repair. I got a 2009 Kia Sportage. I'll post a picture in a couple of days.

tinkbutt
08-02-2009, 12:50 AM

that stinks you would think around family your belongings would be safe!!!:sad2:

Renysmom
08-02-2009, 07:21 AM
Hi guys..popping in to see what is happening here in this thread since I haven't stopped by lately. Just too many threads and very busy planning our cruise in October.

Looks like everyone is doing great and that life is good! So happy to see that!

Have a great Sunday, fill it with fun and memories!

mla1977
08-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Hi everyone! I've been mostly lurkiing, but just wanted to make my presence known. I'm so excited about the cruise.

sandy - that really sucks about the purse. Did you check to make sure nothing else was stolen?

As for the new car... I don't think that my car qualifies. It gets around 20 miles per gallon. It is 10.5 years old now, but at least I don't have any payments!

sshaw10060
08-02-2009, 04:54 PM
We're back from Maine. I head back to work tomorrow. I can't wait to see my inbox when I turn on the computer.

DVCsince02
08-02-2009, 05:56 PM
Looks like it's new car time on the DIS. Chris (DH) got a Dodge Journey on Friday.

parrotheadlois
08-02-2009, 06:13 PM
My new car!!!

I'm so jealous! What is it? I have a '97 Honda CRV that doesn't qualify for cash for clunkers cause it gets good gas mileage - go figure!

mainegal
08-02-2009, 06:27 PM
What is the CARS rebate?
Is is the cash for clunkers?

For thirty years, I have driven small Nissan or Toyota cars. I find anything with less than 32 MPG totally unacceptable.

tlcoke
08-02-2009, 06:39 PM
What is the CARS rebate?
Is is the cash for clunkers?

For thirty years, I have driven small Nissan or Toyota cars. I find anything with less than 32 MPG totally unacceptable.

Yes, the CARS Program is the Cash for Clunker Program. If I didn't need the ability to haul stuff, I have would gone for a smaller even more efficient car. Unfortunately, I can't afford to have two vehicles.

tlcoke
08-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone! I've been mostly lurkiing, but just wanted to make my presence known. I'm so excited about the cruise.

sandy - that really sucks about the purse. Did you check to make sure nothing else was stolen?

As for the new car... I don't think that my car qualifies. It gets around 20 miles per gallon. It is 10.5 years old now, but at least I don't have any payments!

Most car dealer websites have a program on there that tells you if your car qualifies or not. I know for truck/SUVs they have to have an average gas mileage of 18 mpg or under to qualify and you have to move up 6 mpg's to get the full discount. I not sure what the qualifications are for Cars.

mainegal
08-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, my car needs are pretty simple. Just me 90% of the time, no kids, no pets, no stuff to haul. There is stuff in my car, but it probably doesn't belong there!

Have fun breaking in the new cars!

Becx N Gav
08-03-2009, 04:31 AM
Morning all - love the car Katherine :goodvibes

Hope everyone has a better start to the week than me, about 2 minutes from home I pulled away at some traffic lights about to join a dual carriage way (I was on the slip road) and my clutch went :scared1: I've only been driving for about 3 years, first car and it scared the life out of me!
Luckily the tow truck came within an hour and took me to a garage walking distance from work and they are able to fit it in today! It was not nice sitting in the car waiting though - people stare and I'm sure some thought I was just chatting on my cell :sad2: I was but that was because I had to let work know.

Ah well, it can't get any worse I guess :confused3

tlcoke
08-03-2009, 05:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Monday!

I'll post pictures of my new car later today once I get them uploaded to Photobucket. Off to work I go so I can pay for it.

jeanigor
08-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Morning!!! Wow. That had to be frightening Bex...

We are well under 500 days until we sail....who has started their packing lists?:goodvibes

kymickeyfan717
08-03-2009, 05:39 AM
Morn all - hope all have a good Monday

mainegal
08-03-2009, 06:05 AM
Good morning. Warm and sticky already. :cool1: I guess it is summer! :hippie:

tlcoke
08-03-2009, 07:07 AM
Morning all - love the car Katherine :goodvibes

Hope everyone has a better start to the week than me, about 2 minutes from home I pulled away at some traffic lights about to join a dual carriage way (I was on the slip road) and my clutch went :scared1: I've only been driving for about 3 years, first car and it scared the life out of me!
Luckily the tow truck came within an hour and took me to a garage walking distance from work and they are able to fit it in today! It was not nice sitting in the car waiting though - people stare and I'm sure some thought I was just chatting on my cell :sad2: I was but that was because I had to let work know.

Ah well, it can't get any worse I guess :confused3

Becky that is scary when cars do something like that unexpectedly at the worst possible places for something like that to happen. I have had two issues before that were similar in nature. I had a water pump implod while I was driving on the expressway, with no place to pull off and I had an Engine Die just as I was about to merge on the expressway as I was going up the on ramp. Luckily both times I was able to get the car safely off the side of the roadway.

tlcoke
08-03-2009, 07:10 AM
Here are pictures of my New Kia Sportage:

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/100_0566.jpg

klam_chowder
08-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Kat - your new wheels look great! :goodvibes

Becky - :eek: :scared1: :sad2: Glad you're okay and it's easily fixable! :thumbsup2

Tracey - enjoy the new car smell! :rotfl:

Stay safe all and make it a great week! :grouphug:

cheers,

Alice2020
08-03-2009, 09:46 AM
Good Morning-

I am jealous of the new cars! My car is 4 years old, but if I want to continue taking all of these trips to Disney, I just can't afford to have car payments!

Question about chat- I went to the cruise chat awhile back. It was kind of uncomfortable because someone kept sending me these cryptic personal messages about how their young daughter doesn't know that there is something wrong and she doesn't have much time left to live. The person would not clarify if the daughter was sick or if she was have thoughts or worries about her daughter. Then she starts saying how there is no money to help her daughter. When I asked what illness her daughter needed treament for, she send a very snippy "Why am I talking to you, you won't help me" and left chat. :scared1: I am a compassioniate person and I hope I am wrong, but these PM's seemed very contrived, manipulative and inappropriate to be sending to someone you only introduced yourself to 30 seconds ago. Since then, I haven't been back.

Is it just me, or does this a set up to get money from me? I support organized charities, and I help out if I see friends or family in need. I do not blindly send money to people on the internet. If this type of scenario were to happen again, would you report it and who would you report it to? I would like to participate in chat, but I don't want to have more experiences like the one I described above.

Thanks!
-Kelly

dpuck1998
08-03-2009, 09:54 AM
Good Morning-

I am jealous of the new cars! My car is 4 years old, but if I want to continue taking all of these trips to Disney, I just can't afford to have car payments!

Question about chat- I went to the cruise chat awhile back. It was kind of uncomfortable because someone kept sending me these cryptic personal messages about how their young daughter doesn't know that there is something wrong and she doesn't have much time left to live. The person would not clarify if the daughter was sick or if she was have thoughts or worries about her daughter. Then she starts saying how there is no money to help her daughter. When I asked what illness her daughter needed treament for, she send a very snippy "Why am I talking to you, you won't help me" and left chat. :scared1: I am a compassioniate person and I hope I am wrong, but these PM's seemed very contrived, manipulative and inappropriate to be sending to someone you only introduced yourself to 30 seconds ago. Since then, I haven't been back.

Is it just me, or does this a set up to get money from me? I support organized charities, and I help out if I see friends or family in need. I do not blindly send money to people on the internet. If this type of scenario were to happen again, would you report it and who would you report it to? I would like to participate in chat, but I don't want to have more experiences like the one I described above.

Thanks!
-Kelly

I have never received one of these in chat, but the first thing I would do is block this person and report them to any mods in chat.

Alice2020
08-03-2009, 09:58 AM
How do you know who the moderator is in chat?

jeanigor
08-03-2009, 10:00 AM
How do you know who the moderator is in chat?

I believe their name is in bold on the list of chatters. I also think they are at the top.

Alice2020
08-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Thanks guys!

The next time I have a free evening (i.e. not called into work), I will retry chat.

-Kelly

aGoofyMom
08-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Hi all...I am trying to catch up (again) but I think not keeping up has been an indicator of a good summer! If it weren't for DIS'ing at work... :thumbsup2

New Cars! Yay! Have fun with them. I will be happy with mine as it is running (fairly) well now. Ok I spent $1300 in the last week and a half, but new tires are an expected expense (I think some people even plan for that). The wheel berring could have waited but at least it has been fixed.

I missed the 500 day mark?!

Packing Lists? I still need a packing list started for Disneyland! And DH might have to do that packing!?!

At this rate, DD is going back to school in her summer clothes - it had better be good weather!

mainegal
08-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Kat and Tracey - Good looking cars!
I wish you both safe travels.

Who is old enough to remember the old Esso slogan?
"Happy motoring!"

jeanigor
08-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Kat and Tracey - Good looking cars!
I wish you both safe travels.

Who is old enough to remember the old Esso slogan?
"Happy motoring!"

What's Esso?:confused3:confused3:confused3

Only kidding of course, I know they were a petrol company.

Cherinva
08-03-2009, 12:10 PM
It was a name brand of gasoline...sadly, I'm old enough to remember.

mainegal
08-03-2009, 12:22 PM

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Esso - Founded 1911

Esso is an international trade name for ExxonMobil and its related companies. Pronounced /ˈɛsoʊ/ ("S-O"), it is derived from the initials of the pre-1911 Standard Oil, and as such became the focus of much litigation and regulatory restriction in the United States. In 1973, it was largely replaced in the U.S. by the Exxon brand, while Esso remained widely used elsewhere. In most of the world, the Esso brand and the Mobil brand are the primary brand names of ExxonMobil, with the Exxon brand name still in use only in the United States alongside Mobil.

krissy2803
08-03-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi guys! :hippie:
Nice cars Kathy and Tracey. I have been getting that new car itch myself. Kinda ironic that you both now own the very models I have been looking at. But I think that self control will win this battle. There's still a lot of life left in my paid for Mazda truck. :rolleyes:

Bex..Glad to hear that you are allright and the car can be fixed.

Krissy

aGoofyMom
08-03-2009, 02:39 PM

Not old...we still have Esso stations around. :goodvibes

OKW Lover
08-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Looks like it's new car time on the DIS. Chris (DH) got a Dodge Journey on Friday.

Val got her new Toyota Rav4 Limited last month. With a little luck I'll get my new car this month. :car:

tlcoke
08-03-2009, 07:06 PM
We are well under 500 days until we sail....who has started their packing lists?:goodvibes

I've started my packing list for my October trip, which will probably be the start of my Cruise packing list.

tlcoke
08-04-2009, 04:53 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Tuesday! From a Stormy, Steamy-Humid Louisville, Kentucky.

:sad2: No walking for me this morning, due to Lightning in the area.:sad2:

kymickeyfan717
08-04-2009, 05:34 AM
Morn' all - like Tracey said - we are getting quite a light show this morning. My dog jumped in bed with me at the 1st clap of thunder. Nice to be awaken by a 60 lbs alarm clock...;)

klam_chowder
08-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Happy Tuesday folks! :wave2:

Kelly, that's terrible that you were subjected to that in chat. I've been to cruise chat about a dozen times or so and never had such an experience - hopefully it won't happen again. You got some good advice about the reporting it to the the mods...I think when you sign into the room, it also says who the mods are. As well, I think it might be helpful to report it to one of the webmasters. You can PM "WebmasterCorey" with the screenname of who contacted you so they can review appropriate behavior with that poster. Hope you visit chat again :grouphug:

Morn' all - like Tracey said - we are getting quite a light show this morning. My dog jumped in bed with me at the 1st clap of thunder. Nice to be awaken by a 60 lbs alarm clock...;)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Thankfully a beautiful day starting out here! I'm finally getting to see Harry Potter in IMAX tonite! :woohoo: :banana: :wizard:

cheers,

mainegal
08-04-2009, 08:27 AM
Darn! I missed Dis Facebook Uno last night.
I was out at a birthday party dinner with "real" people.

Good morning to all you people on my computer!

Madi100
08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Good morning everyone. Dreary, rainy day here. First day of soccer practice for the season. Maybe they will cancel :)

mainegal
08-04-2009, 02:06 PM
Hooray! :cool1:
I just heard that two other librarians from Maine put down a deposit for the cruise! :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
08-04-2009, 02:24 PM
Becky that is scary when cars do something like that unexpectedly at the worst possible places for something like that to happen. I have had two issues before that were similar in nature. I had a water pump implod while I was driving on the expressway, with no place to pull off and I had an Engine Die just as I was about to merge on the expressway as I was going up the on ramp. Luckily both times I was able to get the car safely off the side of the roadway.

I know I was driving on Sunday and it was fine :confused3 Glad you were ok and love the new car :love:

Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Kat - your new wheels look great! :goodvibes

Becky - :eek: :scared1: :sad2: Glad you're okay and it's easily fixable! :thumbsup2

Tracey - enjoy the new car smell! :rotfl:

Stay safe all and make it a great week! :grouphug:

cheers,

Thanks - it was fixed ok but an unexpected cost (one of many over the last few weeks :headache:)

Hi guys! :hippie:
Nice cars Kathy and Tracey. I have been getting that new car itch myself. Kinda ironic that you both now own the very models I have been looking at. But I think that self control will win this battle. There's still a lot of life left in my paid for Mazda truck. :rolleyes:

Bex..Glad to hear that you are allright and the car can be fixed.

Krissy

Thankyou :hug: it was a bit weird to drive as the pedal felt smoother - if you've ever driven a manual car you have to raise the clutch pedal to the biting point before you accelerate it's much higher now and I'm hoping I won't stall it :rolleyes:

We still have them in some places :thumbsup2

Val got her new Toyota Rav4 Limited last month. With a little luck I'll get my new car this month. :car:

I would love one of these - they are very nice looking :lovestruc

Becx N Gav
08-04-2009, 02:24 PM
I just heard that two other librarians from Maine put down a deposit for the cruise! :thumbsup2

:dance3: :yay: :woohoo: yey more cruisers :dance3: :yay: :woohoo:

jeanigor
08-04-2009, 02:26 PM

So there are only three of you for the entire state?:confused3

DVCsince02
08-04-2009, 02:36 PM
So there are only three of you for the entire state?:confused3

I thought the same thing....:rotfl:

mainegal
08-04-2009, 02:37 PM
It is like a Venn diagram.

A circle with all the DISers in Maine

A circle of all the librarians in Maine.

And three of us where the two circles overlap!

jeanigor
08-04-2009, 02:40 PM
It is like a Venn diagram.

A circle with all the DISers in Maine

A circle of all the librarians in Maine.

And three of us where the two circles overlap!

Are you trying to court me with your visual mathematics?:lovestruc:lovestruc

mainegal
08-04-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey, whatever works.
I am doing library budget - I must be in a math mood!

I like the tiaras in your signatures.

tlcoke
08-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Hi all, If you are on my Facebook list you already know about out major flooding that occurred here today. I work at the University of Louisville and our campus as well as Historic Churchill Downs is underwater from 6" inches of rain that fell this morning in about an 1 hour time period and overwelmed the sewer system. The flood pictures from last week were minor compared to today's flood. MY BRAND NEW Car was flooded, I still don't know the damage to it as I was unable to get to it due to the high water.

Pictures of the flooding can been seen on almost all major news networks. The follow link has picture of my parking area on campus, My car is in picture #5 at the very bottom of the picture. This picture was taken after about 1 ft of water had receded. Our building flooded, but was relatively minor compared to other buildings on campus.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-309276

mainegal
08-04-2009, 03:26 PM
This is a major disruption to personal lives and to the school at the start of a new semester.

I wish everyone the best in recovering.

Becx N Gav
08-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Oh Tracey, I'm sorry to hear about this!

I thought the photos you posted last week were bad enough :scared1:

Hope this is the end of it :hug:

Cherinva
08-04-2009, 04:52 PM
So Sorry to hear about the floods....Where I live, I don't see much of that, it's hard to imagine what you are going through. I wish you the best.

Cherinva
08-04-2009, 04:54 PM

Wow...Esso disappeared around here many,many years ago.

Bookpodder
08-04-2009, 05:21 PM

Oh, so she emailed you before I had a chance to tell you? What a rat!

Our first cruise! We can't wait!

Kevin

OKW Lover
08-04-2009, 05:27 PM

Sounds like a quiet group. :rolleyes1

kymickeyfan717
08-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Tracey - sorry to hear about your car. I thought about you when I heard U of L was closed. The meteorologists totally missed the weather today. When I left for work at 7 am, they all said we would not see any major rain if any til later tonight around 5 or 6 pm. On my way to work, it started looking like 7 pm instead of 7 am. We got clobbered with rain.

I was dodging trashcans around the office all day today. Even found someone's underwear laying out to dry in the womens' bathroom along with their pants but no one was in the bathroom -:scared1:. It was there all day. We spent part of the day trying to figure out who was not wearing any .:laughing:. Made for an interesting afternoon....

A.Mickey
08-04-2009, 10:41 PM
Tracey, sooo sorry to hear about your new car! I hope it all works out for you!

Been a busy couple of days around here, went to a children's museum on Saturday with my mom and Aaron and on Sunday went to a really cute wedding shower of Jason's brother and his finance. Really busy lately at work, it looks like I am going to have to work this weekend, but at least that is extra money that can go towards the cruise!!

Hope everyone has a great week!

katscradle
08-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I like it! Is it a santa fe?
I might be looking for a new car as well- my van is making a scary noise, DH said if its the trasmission..... we will see.

Yes it is a Santa Fe, it's the best bang for your buck on the market right now.
Sorry to hear about your purse, that sucks. On the upside at least you got a new phone out of the deal.

Tracy I am so glad to hear Bill came through the surgery nicely.
I thought about you two all weekend wondering.

krissy2803
08-04-2009, 11:07 PM
Thankyou :hug: it was a bit weird to drive as the pedal felt smoother - if you've ever driven a manual car you have to raise the clutch pedal to the biting point before you accelerate it's much higher now and I'm hoping I won't stall it :rolleyes:

I know the feeling. All the cars/trucks I have ever owned have been manual. Actually I just had a new clutch put in my truck about 6 months ago. I could not get it in gear anymore. :sad2: It was amazing the difference. It felt like it did when I first bought it. I had to learn where the release was all over again. :rotfl:

katscradle
08-04-2009, 11:12 PM
Becky sorry to hear about the car repairs! :hug:
I am so glad I won't need to worry too much about that for a while.

Tracy, that just sucks, getting a new car to have that happen.
My heart goes out too you! :hug::hug:

Becx N Gav
08-05-2009, 04:39 AM

Kevin

Woo hoo - new cruisers :welcome:

:wave2:

Sounds like a quiet group. :rolleyes1

:rotfl:

Morning all - here's to mid week and only a couple of days to the weekend :woohoo: :woohoo:

mainegal
08-05-2009, 05:01 AM
Good morning. Is it halfway through the week yet?

tlcoke
08-05-2009, 07:12 AM
Good Morning All!, Mourning my Car today:( :sad1: Two days was not enough time to enjoy the new car.

I posted these out on the main Podcast board on the Thread I started on the Flooding that occurred here yesterday.

Here are pictures of my Car under water. I am waiting for the Insurance Adjuster to call and tell me what the next step will be. I did go and look at the car last night after the water receded, and based on the water line marks there may have been as much as 1 ft of water in the interior of the car. :sad1:

The flooding rain hit between 8 am and 9:30 am, dropping over 6" in that time period. These photos were taken at 1:30 pm, at this time the water had receded less than 1 ft. this picture is taken from the Overpass overlooking the flooded parking lots and area streets.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/Flood%202009/CarSmall1.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/Flood%202009/CarSmall2.jpg

My car is the Green SUV in the pictures.

sshaw10060
08-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Tracey: As I was looking through all the posts I missed the last couple of days I was gettting new car envy. Now I am just sad. I think they would have to peel me off the floor if that was my brand new car underwater. Good luck with the adjuster.

Coming back from vaction stinks. I had 732 e-mails to read yesterday, plus I did check it twice while on vacation. I am not sure what is going to happen we we head to Europe for 3 weeks next summer for the Baltic cruise. My computer might just implode.

The planning for the oink, cluck, & moo BBQ is heading into high gear since the party is less the 2 weeks away. I am getting a little scared. So far there are 60 people coming and a ton that have not RSVPd yet. Sure hope it doesn't rain, because all those people are not fitting into the house.

tlcoke
08-05-2009, 06:35 PM
Tracey: As I was looking through all the posts I missed the last couple of days I was gettting new car envy. Now I am just sad. I think they would have to peel me off the floor if that was my brand new car underwater. Good luck with the adjuster.

Thanks Scott, It has left a knot in my stomach.

The car has been towed from the lot to the dealership for assessment for the Insurance Company. Now I wait to find out if they are going to Total it.

mainegal
08-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Tracey - I hope all goes well for you and your car - whatever happens.:hug:

A.Mickey
08-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Tracey....I hope all works out for you!

Goodnight everyone! Only 2 more days til the weekend!

Becx N Gav
08-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Oh no that really sucks :sad1: I'm guessing a lot of your collegues are in the same situation?

I hope they sort you out with a new car soon and that you can get back to normal :hug:

Happy Thursday everyone - seems a bit quiet around here lately but I guess it's just people enjoying their summer :banana:

Have a good one - nearly the weekend :woohoo: :woohoo:

Becx N Gav
08-06-2009, 04:11 AM
I thought this was very funny :lmao:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090805/tuk-workers-using-swine-flu-to-skive-6323e80.html

tlcoke
08-06-2009, 05:20 AM
There were at least 30 building with some flooding on campus 5 buildings took on severe water damage. I am guessing upwards of 250 or more personal and University vehicles were damaged also. I know there were at least a 100 cars damaged in the parking areas around where I parked.

Trying to get back to a normal routine today, while I wait to hear from the Insurance Company & Kia.

kymickeyfan717
08-06-2009, 05:21 AM
Morning all - hope all have a good Thursday. Glad the weekend is almost here. My bowling season (one of my leagues) starts tomorrow so got to get everything tonight.. The start of the season came too soon :).

:)

mainegal
08-06-2009, 06:25 AM
Good morning.
It is finally like summer here. Not raining every day. I am sad that some students and teachers have to go back to school so soon! But I am a little happy that the kids won't be hanging around the library all day!

jeanigor
08-06-2009, 06:35 AM
Good morning.
It is finally like summer here. Not raining every day. I am sad that some students and teachers have to go back to school so soon! But I am a little happy that the kids won't be hanging around the library all day!

Hmm...if they are actually reading and not loitering or causing a ruckus, I would disagree.
I was a geek that went to the library for books. I used the card catalog and actually checked them out to bring home and read!

sshaw10060
08-06-2009, 06:43 AM
Morning all. I am taking today off since I am working this weekend. We may have one fewer intern by the end of the weekend because there is a fair chance I am going to throttle her before Monday morning. Everything she says and does is like nails on a chalk board:scared1: Guess who my primary ER doctor is this weekend. I feel like George on Seinfeld "serenity now, serenity now..."

mainegal
08-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Hmm...if they are actually reading and not loitering or causing a ruckus, I would disagree.
I was a geek that went to the library for books. I used the card catalog and actually checked them out to bring home and read!

Yes, they do read and check out books. Manga is very popular. And vampires.

They also want to be on the computers for what seems like forever. I am not sure exactly what they are doing, we do not monitor their games and computer activity.

They can get a little close physically - play fighting or lovey-dovey.

They can be annoying in that they can be very demanding of our attention. That could say something about their home lives and we are glad they find refuge in the library.

I just want to tell them to go out side, be active, get some sunshine. Actually, sometimes I do tell them to go outside and run around the monument ten times. And they do!

In truth, they come to the library because the staff make them feel welcome. And that is exactly what we want.

I am thrilled when a teenagers comes back years later as a grown up just to say "Hi!". We do make a difference in their lives.

kimisabella
08-06-2009, 08:27 AM
Good Morning All!, Mourning my Car today:( :sad1: Two days was not enough time to enjoy the new car.

I posted these out on the main Podcast board on the Thread I started on the Flooding that occurred here yesterday.

Here are pictures of my Car under water. I am waiting for the Insurance Adjuster to call and tell me what the next step will be. I did go and look at the car last night after the water receded, and based on the water line marks there may have been as much as 1 ft of water in the interior of the car. :sad1:

The flooding rain hit between 8 am and 9:30 am, dropping over 6" in that time period. These photos were taken at 1:30 pm, at this time the water had receded less than 1 ft. this picture is taken from the Overpass overlooking the flooded parking lots and area streets.

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/Flood%202009/CarSmall1.jpg

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo223/tlcoke/Flood%202009/CarSmall2.jpg

My car is the Green SUV in the pictures.

That does stink, but, the good news is that since the car is brand new, and if they total it, you would get back exactly what you paid - you wouldn't be out any money. At least that is how they would do it in NY.

kimisabella
08-06-2009, 08:29 AM

The card catalog - now there's a blast from the past :laughing:

mainegal
08-06-2009, 08:59 AM
The card catalog - now there's a blast from the past :laughing:

My building committee want to transform our nice old oak card catalog into end tables.

We have patrons that want to have it in their own home. They are hoping to buy raffle tickets on it.

We haven't used it in over ten years. It is in the fireplace. Don't worry, the fireplace is not functional.

klam_chowder
08-06-2009, 09:03 AM
Happy Thursday folks! :wave2:

Tracey, :eek: :scared1: :faint: what a terrible thing to go thru - esp with a new car. I commisserate with you as all the extra calls and running around is such a hassle. Hope the resolution is quick and smooth for you :hug:

:welcome: new cruisers! Bookpodder, love the screenname & avatar :rotfl: :rotfl:

Finally got to an opthamologist yesterday :thumbsup2 Now I'm really looking fwd to new specs - I had an awesome wipeout at Typhoon Lagoon a couple of days before cruise v1.0 so since then I've been walking around looking like a lion tried to crawl up my glasses :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Glad that look is over soon :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cheers,

corky441
08-06-2009, 11:35 AM
In truth, they come to the library because the staff make them feel welcome. And that is exactly what we want.

I am thrilled when a teenagers comes back years later as a grown up just to say "Hi!". We do make a difference in their lives.

Ooooooooooo - that just brought back a lot of wonderful library memories from when I was growing up....:goodvibes I remember being in the library club. Used to love to put away the returned books. I learned how to put the protective covers on the new books and how to open a book properly. At one point I think I was learning the Dewey Decimal System... Boy that was a long long time ago

katscradle
08-06-2009, 01:19 PM

Kevin

Welcome Kevin!:welcome::welcome:

katscradle
08-06-2009, 01:28 PM
I thought this was very funny :lmao:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090805/tuk-workers-using-swine-flu-to-skive-6323e80.html

That is funny!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Glad to see some people are creative.

aspen37
08-06-2009, 02:48 PM
My new car!!!

I love the car Katherine! John your a good man to buy your wife such a beautiful car! :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
That is funny!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Glad to see some people are creative.

It just shows how the benefits in place here are abused, the people who really need the help have to jump through hoops to get barely enough to live on but some bone idol 'person' can live a comfortable life :mad: The Government gets walked all over and then taxes the rest of us to make up for it - rip off Britain :headache:

Just went out for a curry with DH's family. It was very nice however we went there as the offered 40% off if you get there by 7.30pm and they 'forgot' to put the discount on the bill :rolleyes: We got it put on after we asked but probably won't go back anytime soon.

Becx N Gav
08-07-2009, 01:54 AM
Good morning people :thumbsup2 Have a great Friday :banana:

tlcoke
08-07-2009, 05:19 AM
Happy Friday Everyone.

Car saga continues Insurance Company saying <$2000 damage that they will repair - I Have many questions but no definitive answers to in regards to Title status of the car, insurability of the car with "Flood" Status and The Warranty on the car, that I hope to get today. Finally got a rental car last night.

kymickeyfan717
08-07-2009, 05:30 AM
Happy Friday all - hope all have a good day

Cherinva
08-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Hello Everyone...Happy Friday. The rain has moved off shore...now the heat moves back in. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

mainegal
08-07-2009, 06:25 AM
Good morning! :goodvibes

Sun is out. It is nice to have so many sunny instead of rainy days.

Hope we get sunny days in December 2010!

Alice2020
08-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Hang in there Tracey- I know that it can take a long time to get an insurance settlement after a natural disaster- the adjusters are so busy that they just can't get to everyone fast enough! I am glad to hear that you have got your rental car and have questions ready for your agent- keep us posted :)

I have had a few days to start scoping out staying for a few days after the cruise. As much as I am a Disney-holic, I am seriously thinking about booking 4 days at Universal after the cruise. My kids will be out of school, the new Harry Potter Land should be open, and I can get tickets cheap if I buy them soon! Anyone else thinking about crossing-over to the "other-side" of Orlando's theme parks after the cruise?

-Kelly

klam_chowder
08-07-2009, 09:49 AM
TGIF folks! :wave2:

Tracey, hang in there...sending some pixiedust: for a quick and good resolution :hug:

Had friends over last nite for a good grilling - I get to clean up the mess today! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh well, at least it means good leftovers for dinner - I :lovestruc weekends with less cooking :upsidedow

Make it a great weekend all! :cheer2:

cheers,

jcb
08-07-2009, 09:59 AM
Happy Friday Everyone.

Car saga continues Insurance Company saying <$2000 damage that they will repair - I Have many questions but no definitive answers to in regards to Title status of the car, insurability of the car with "Flood" Status and The Warranty on the car, that I hope to get today. Finally got a rental car last night.

I suggest you have them double check the electrical wiring system, especially the inside and outside lighting (brake lights too) and any wiring that runs under the SUV. Those kind of problems if caused by water, tend to crop up later, I'm not sure why.

I bought DS a used '98 pickup that had leaky window seals. I am convinced the water from that (or some other water damage) caused the problems with the lighting system. It wasn't a lot to fix but it wasn't cheap, either.

Bookpodder
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Thanks for all the welcome wishes! Wife (she's lurking around here somewhere...), daughter and I are very much looking forward to the Cruise, but December, 2010 seems so far away! I guess the next almost year and a half gives us some time to 'meet' folks here!

jeanigor
08-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for all the welcome wishes! Wife (she's lurking around here somewhere...), daughter and I are very much looking forward to the Cruise, but December, 2010 seems so far away! I guess the next almost year and a half gives us some time to 'meet' folks here!

It will be here before you know it!! Promise! And yes, it does present a perfect opportunity to get acquainted.

tlcoke
08-07-2009, 07:28 PM
I suggest you have them double check the electrical wiring system, especially the inside and outside lighting (brake lights too) and any wiring that runs under the SUV. Those kind of problems if caused by water, tend to crop up later, I'm not sure why.

I bought DS a used '98 pickup that had leaky window seals. I am convinced the water from that (or some other water damage) caused the problems with the lighting system. It wasn't a lot to fix but it wasn't cheap, either.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will follow up on that.

tinkbutt
08-07-2009, 10:16 PM
MY BIRTHDAY IS MONDAY I CAN'T WAIT I'll be 24!

we are celebrating tomorrow by going to the beach!:goodvibes

OKW Lover
08-08-2009, 05:56 AM
Morning Folks. Anybody doing anything good today?

I've got a 8:42 T Time, followed by some relaxation at home. :thumbsup2

Cherinva
08-08-2009, 07:32 AM
Morning Folks. Anybody doing anything good today?

I've got a 8:42 T Time, followed by some relaxation at home. :thumbsup2

Not much here...came into work for a little while. Might go shopping later..we have a tax free weekend for back to school...be a good time to pick up some new clothes and not have to pay the tax. Going to try and talk my girls into going into the pool later on...weather is going to be a perfect day for it....(they want to go to a movie)...go figure

sshaw10060
08-08-2009, 08:29 AM
I am stuck at work today. The intern is still alive after 3 hours. Hopefully, I will not strangle her by the end of the weekend.

MomlvsGoofy
08-08-2009, 02:50 PM
Tracey - I was just catching up with the boards and read about your car...you poor thing!
Hope everything gets worked out soon.

tlcoke
08-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Tracey - I was just catching up with the boards and read about your car...you poor thing!
Hope everything gets worked out soon.

Thanks Sharon. Apparently I am in catch 22 with the Insurance Company and Indiana's law in regards to Flooded Cars.

My car meets the Definition of a Flood Car as water entered the Passenger Compartment, but there is a clause that If an Insurance Adjuster deems the car has no electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water; or has one (1) or more electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water and all such damaged components have been repaired or replaced, then they can say it is not Flood Car.

CinderellasSister
08-09-2009, 08:02 AM
Morning all! It's a miserable, rainy morning here in South Jersey. Now.... what to do with the kids and dog that are bouncing off the walls??? Maybe I can construct a rubber room for them?? :rolleyes1

aGoofyMom
08-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Hi all
Trying to get caught up is becoming a regular thing for me. At least this isn't moving too quickly. Summer is just really busy. I had to work overtime this weekend, and after this I simly won't have time for that. :thumbsup2

Yes, they do read and check out books. Manga is very popular. And vampires.

They also want to be on the computers for what seems like forever. I am not sure exactly what they are doing, we do not monitor their games and computer activity.

They can get a little close physically - play fighting or lovey-dovey.

They can be annoying in that they can be very demanding of our attention. That could say something about their home lives and we are glad they find refuge in the library.

I just want to tell them to go out side, be active, get some sunshine. Actually, sometimes I do tell them to go outside and run around the monument ten times. And they do!

My Mom worked in the kid's section of the library in the small town where I grew up. About 10 years ago, we hired a new girl at work who looked familiar. She was from that small town. We got talking, and she remembered my Mom from the library. I love that since it had been about 20 years since my family had moved away from that small town.

Tracey - I hope it all works out for you with the insurance. UGH.

:welcome:

to our new cruisers!

tlcoke
08-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Good morning everyone! Trying to get back to a sense of normalcy this week.

Buyer beware in Indiana - there is a loop hole in the Flooded Vehicle law that allows an insurance company to declare a car that meets the state's criteria of a Flood Car as "Not" Flooded and it will never be branded as such on the Title.

kymickeyfan717
08-10-2009, 05:33 AM
Morn all - another week closer to PCC 2.0.... Hope all have a great week

klam_chowder
08-10-2009, 08:08 AM
Happy Monday folks :wave2:

Bad thunderstorms yesterday morning took out power for some in our county...we felt lucky to escape it until we had the mother of all thunderstorms last nite which took out our power at about 10pm. :sad2: DH went down to the basement to check on the sump pump and we bailed water til 2:30am :eek: :faint:

Make it a great week all! :goodvibes

cheers,

sshaw10060
08-10-2009, 09:15 AM
Morning all. I am spending the next 4 or 5 hours with my FIL as he gets chemo. He is looking forward to our cruise in November. I don't have the heart to tell him his Dr. will almost certainly not let him go.

The intern I was on with all weekend managed to survive only because we had the slowest Sunday ever. She had two cases to manage (6-8 is average) and was in way over her head. I don't think she'll last, but at least I don't have to be the bad guy now.

Have a great day.

sshaw10060
08-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Morning all. I am spending the next 4 or 5 hours with my FIL as he gets chemo. He is looking forward to our cruise in November. I don't have the heart to tell him his Dr. will almost certainly not let him go.

The intern I was on with all weekend managed to survive only because we had the slowest Sunday ever. She had two cases to manage (6-8 is average) and was in way over her head. I don't think she'll last, but at least I don't have to be the bad guy now.

Have a great day.

Becx N Gav
08-10-2009, 10:25 AM
MY BIRTHDAY IS MONDAY I CAN'T WAIT I'll be 24!

we are celebrating tomorrow by going to the beach!:goodvibes

Happy Birthday party: :bday: party: Hope you are having a good day!

I am stuck at work today. The intern is still alive after 3 hours. Hopefully, I will not strangle her by the end of the weekend.

:hug:

Thanks Sharon. Apparently I am in catch 22 with the Insurance Company and Indiana's law in regards to Flooded Cars.

My car meets the Definition of a Flood Car as water entered the Passenger Compartment, but there is a clause that If an Insurance Adjuster deems the car has no electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water; or has one (1) or more electrical, computerized, or mechanical components that were damaged by water and all such damaged components have been repaired or replaced, then they can say it is not Flood Car.

:sad2: Who thinks up these stupid clauses :scared: So what does it mean - they will only fix the car and not replace it? I can't believe a flood is not a flood :confused3

Happy Monday folks :wave2:

Bad thunderstorms yesterday morning took out power for some in our county...we felt lucky to escape it until we had the mother of all thunderstorms last nite which took out our power at about 10pm. :sad2: DH went down to the basement to check on the sump pump and we bailed water til 2:30am :eek: :faint:

Make it a great week all! :goodvibes

cheers,

:hug: That must have been awful - I hope you didn't have too much damage? So has the water driven out the critters you guys had?

Have a great day.

:hug: :hug: For your family esp your FIL.

Glad you didn't kill the intern :rolleyes:

DVCsince02
08-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Happy Birthday Katie!

winotracy
08-10-2009, 11:19 AM
Have a great birthday Katie!

tlcoke
08-10-2009, 12:15 PM
:sad2: Who thinks up these stupid clauses :scared: So what does it mean - they will only fix the car and not replace it? I can't believe a flood is not a flood :confused3

Unfortunately, the law gives them the choice to Total the Car by Branding it Flooded or they can say that it is fixable and repair it. Everyone I have talked to says it should be Totaled as a Flood car, but it is ultimately the Insurance Company's call and with the loop hole in the law they can do what they want to.
With the Insurance company fixing the flood damage, there will be no recorded record of the car being flooded for future buyers.

katscradle
08-10-2009, 01:08 PM
Good morning everyone!

Klam sorry to hear about the sump pump, I have been there done that so I know what you went through. :hug:

Katie Happy Birthday!:bday:party::bday:

Tracy I am so sorry to hear about the bad luck with the insurance company!

tinkbutt
08-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Happy Birthday party: :bday: party: Hope you are having a good day!

Happy Birthday Katie!

Have a great birthday Katie!

Good morning everyone!

Katie Happy Birthday!:bday:party::bday:

Thank you!!!!:love: I basically celebrated this weekend and am just relaxin around the house today.

Becx N Gav
08-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Morning all :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a great day :cool1:

tlcoke
08-11-2009, 05:06 AM
Good morning everyone.

We got more rain last night and more in the forecast for today. I just wish the rain would go away.

Renysmom
08-11-2009, 05:13 AM
Hi everyone !!!

It's gonna break 100 here for the 3rd day in a row making it hotter here than WDW again. It's okay it's August in VA. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

kymickeyfan717
08-11-2009, 06:18 AM
Morn all - more rain is on the schedule for Louisville today. Pretty soon the new method of transportation will be by boat. My lights went off 4 times last night during the round of storms that came thru. More predicted for today.

At least I can work from the comforts of my house this week :thumbsup2

Hope all have a great day:yay:

klam_chowder
08-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Happy Toosday folks! :wave2:

We got more rain last night and more in the forecast for today. I just wish the rain would go away.

The sump pump hole had completely filled with water so we were just bailing water from that and thankfully suffered no damage at all. Unlike our friends...they live in an amazing house - been featured in architectural mags even - and the creek that runs behind their house, ran into their house: 2 to 4 inches of water covered their entire downstairs :eek: :scared1: I can't even imagine :faint:

No DH wants to have a plumber install a water-powered back-up sump pump :sad2:

Becky...we finally saw the last of the critters a couple of weeks ago :yay: After I trapped them one by one (very stressful watching the lil buggers in the cage - they're so cute!) they were relocated by animal control and reunited outside of town. At least my tax dollars are going towards something I can use :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,

DVCsince02
08-11-2009, 09:07 AM
party::bday:party:

Happy Birthday Tonya!!

sshaw10060
08-11-2009, 09:13 AM
The sump pump hole had completely filled with water so we were just bailing water from that and thankfully suffered no damage at all. Unlike our friends...they live in an amazing house - been featured in architectural mags even - and the creek that runs behind their house, ran into their house: 2 to 4 inches of water covered their entire downstairs :eek: :scared1: I can't even imagine :faint:

No DH wants to have a plumber install a water-powered back-up sump pump

A few years ago we had biblical rains. I was at a dog show and my wife called to tell me she opened the door to the basement and the entire basment was underwater. I figured she was overreacting, but came home anyway. When I opened the door to the basement the washing machine went floating by. We had 6ft of water. Thr fire dept actually went down the street pumpimg out all the basments.

winotracy
08-11-2009, 09:17 AM

Happy Birthday Tonya!!

Have a Wonderful Birthday Tonya!

georgemoe
08-11-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi everyone. :wave: Hot one today.

The washing machine is in pieces after it decided to "have issues" on Saturday. Did some research and it appeared I could luck out and only have to replace a "self" servicable $15 part. Not the case. :sad2: The part was fine. So repair dude left today with the gear box. If they can rebuild it I'll get away with it cheaper otherwise I'm guessing around a $250 bill. :mad:

Hi Karen. Thanks for the WiiNote. I sent you a reply this morning. If you have created any Mii's, make sure they are set to "mingle". You should also check your Mii Plaza to see if a certain Senor makes an appearance. :) Have a great day. :goodvibes

Happy Birthday Tonya!!

:goodvibes Happy Birthday Tonya! :goodvibes

katscradle
08-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Happy Birthday Tonya!:bday::bday:party::dancer:
I hope you have had a great birthday!

Becx N Gav
08-12-2009, 02:50 AM

No DH wants to have a plumber install a water-powered back-up sump pump :sad2:

Becky...we finally saw the last of the critters a couple of weeks ago :yay: After I trapped them one by one (very stressful watching the lil buggers in the cage - they're so cute!) they were relocated by animal control and reunited outside of town. At least my tax dollars are going towards something I can use :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

cheers,

Glad you were able to sort out the water!
I saw a mouse in our garden the other day - the poor little thing stuck it's head out of a hole and saw me :rotfl: we looked at each other for a while then it darted off! I think in this country we don't have many large mammals that will be as destructive - rabbits are probably the worst but even then you only get them in the countryside, the rest are wary of humans.

Happy Birthday Tonya!!

Sorry I'm a bit late but Happy Birthday :cool1: hope you had an enjoyable day?

A few years ago we had biblical rains. I was at a dog show and my wife called to tell me she opened the door to the basement and the entire basment was underwater. I figured she was overreacting, but came home anyway. When I opened the door to the basement the washing machine went floating by. We had 6ft of water. Thr fire dept actually went down the street pumpimg out all the basments.

:scared1: That sounds like a cartoon :rotfl: I know it's not funny but the way I pictured it made me laugh! Was there much damage?

Good morning everyone - have a happy hump day :dance3:

krissy2803
08-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Good morning everyone - have a happy hump day :dance3:

Good morning to you! Just getting started on the day? Mine is just ending as I will be getting to bed soon. Got home from work a couple hours ago. :rotfl:

Becx N Gav
08-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Good morning to you! Just getting started on the day? Mine is just ending as I will be getting to bed soon. Got home from work a couple hours ago. :rotfl:

Good night Krissy - sleep well :goodvibes

I'm a good 4 hours into the day! I hate getting up early :mad: At least it's getting closer to the weekend :banana:

tlcoke
08-12-2009, 05:05 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Finally a few days without rain in the forecast. I may here something about my car today. They told me last week it would be Wednesday at the earliest, depending on what they find.

safetymom
08-12-2009, 05:10 AM
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you get good news about the car.

Becx N Gav
08-12-2009, 05:37 AM
Keeping my fingers and toes crossed that you get good news about the car.

Me too Tracey :goodvibes Although it hurts to walk with my toes crossed :rotfl:

Cherinva
08-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

Finally a few days without rain in the forecast. I may here something about my car today. They told me last week it would be Wednesday at the earliest, depending on what they find.

My best wishes for some good news on your car.

mainegal
08-12-2009, 06:25 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I hope all goes well with the car situation.
If it is totalled, I wish you well in breaking in (another) new car.
If the insurance company says it is fixable, I hope it forever runs as well as a car that was never in more than a typical rainstorm.

And... is there anyplace else you can park?

Cherinva
08-12-2009, 06:28 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone. The "heat" wave is past us..now comes rain forcasted for the next 7 days. Oh joy. We have a saying around here...if you don't like the weather in Tidewater, stick around, it WILL change. Hope everyone has a Magical Day.

klam_chowder
08-12-2009, 08:01 AM
Happy podcast day folks! :wave2:

When I opened the door to the basement the washing machine went floating by. We had 6ft of water. Thr fire dept actually went down the street pumpimg out all the basments.

:eek: :scared1: :faint: I was wondering how our friends clean up from something like that...how do you get all the water out of the floors...from underneath the floors, does all the flooring need to get replaced...hurts just thinking about it :headache:

You should also check your Mii Plaza to see if a certain Senor makes an appearance. :)

I'll check the mingle setting and do that...thx for the tip. :thumbsup2 The self-portrait of SJ did show up...fun to see your interpretation :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Did you see mine? I gave him sleepy eyes to match his portrait :lmao: :lmao:

After DH's annual checkup, he's been told for the 2nd yr in a row that he has high cholesterol, and he's finally agreed to do some excercise. So on rainy days he's going to use the treadmill and I'll hop on the wii otherwise I walk with him afterwork. He wanted an uber treadmill so we got one in November and he's used it 2 times since then :sad2: We'll see how long this exercise kick lasts :lmao: :lmao:

I saw a mouse in our garden the other day - the poor little thing stuck it's head out of a hole and saw me :rotfl: we looked at each other for a while then it darted off!

It was prolly Remy's cousin, wondering what morning treats you had for him :rotfl: :rotfl:

Good luck with news on your car Tracey! pixiedust:

Happy belated Tonya :cake:

cheers,

georgemoe
08-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

Happy podcast day folks! :wave2:

I'll check the mingle setting and do that...thx for the tip. :thumbsup2 The self-portrait of SJ did show up...fun to see your interpretation :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Did you see mine? I gave him sleepy eyes to match his portrait :lmao: :lmao:

After DH's annual checkup, he's been told for the 2nd yr in a row that he has high cholesterol, and he's finally agreed to do some excercise. So on rainy days he's going to use the treadmill and I'll hop on the wii otherwise I walk with him afterwork. He wanted an uber treadmill so we got one in November and he's used it 2 times since then :sad2: We'll see how long this exercise kick lasts :lmao: :lmao:

Hi Karen! Glad you saw SJ. :rotfl2: I've not seen yours yet but I'll check the Mii Plaza tonight. Hope Your DH is able to lower his cholesterol. I might pick up Wii Sports Resort this weekend. Looks like fun.

dpuck1998
08-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave:

Hi Karen! Glad you saw SJ. :rotfl2: I've not seen yours yet but I'll check the Mii Plaza tonight. Hope Your DH is able to lower his cholesterol. I might pick up Wii Sports Resort this weekend. Looks like fun.

Get it! Its awesome! Be sure to pick up an extra "adapter" for it also. You'll need it to play multiplayer on most of the games.

katscradle
08-12-2009, 09:15 AM
Just thought I would post and say good morning to all. :thumbsup2
I am patiently waiting for the show to be up.
Have a great day! :)

jeanigor
08-12-2009, 09:23 AM

You're better than me. I am not quite so patient. The writing on my F5 button is starting to wear....

tlcoke
08-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I hope all goes well with the car situation.
If it is totalled, I wish you well in breaking in (another) new car.
If the insurance company says it is fixable, I hope it forever runs as well as a car that was never in more than a typical rainstorm.

And... is there anyplace else you can park?

The insurance company has deemed it fixable. I too, hope it doesn't experience issues related to the flood. I will be back on them with every minor glitch, that's for sure.

Most of the lots and the parking garage on my end of campus flooded as well as other parts of campus too. The campus sits in a bowl, with viaducts that capture the water on each end of campus that fill up if necessary to help with drainage, unfortunately, we got 6+ inches of water in 1 hour, that had no where to go.

The one lot that didn't flood is reserved parking only which costs $$$$ for a permit to park there per year and that's after being on a wait list for more than a year for a space to open up. The one regular lot that didn't flood, was minutes away from being under water, as the water was moving toward it from 3 different directions, those people were lucky the rain stopped when it did.

Dodie
08-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Today I am working and WAITING.:hyper:

I am waiting for the podcast to be posted so I can hear about DAP and I am waiting for my e-mail from DU that finally confirms our deposit and registration for the April Adventures by Disney Backstage Magic trip with the team.

sshaw10060
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
The insurance company has deemed it fixable. I too, hope it doesn't experience issues related to the flood. I will be back on them with every minor glitch, that's for sure.

Tracey don't be afraid to push your insurance company to total the car if you think that is what needs to be done. I would get 2 or 3 good body shops to look at the car and them ask them for there honest opinion. If they think the car should be totaled push back. If they still will not total the car ask them to detail in writing what they will and will not cover should the car have ongoing problems. Don't be rude, just persistant. A lot of the times the body shop guys have a very good relationship with the adjuster and if you get them on your side it will help a ton.

Good Luck

Becx N Gav
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
It was prolly Remy's cousin, wondering what morning treats you had for him :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

I left him a carrot end I was going to put in the compost :rotfl: I went back the next day and a little bit had been nibbled ;)

Morning/afternoon Katherine :wave2:

Wow great news for 'the event' sounds fab :banana:

Becx N Gav
08-13-2009, 02:12 AM
Morning all!

According to my calendar Bambi was released today in 1942 :goodvibes

Renysmom
08-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Happy Thursday everyone... Just wanted to pop in and say hi and see what was going on.

I have so many threads I am following these days I dont feel I give them all their correct attention :) but I am trying to get better!

Hope everyone has a great day!

mainegal
08-13-2009, 06:03 AM
Oh, my! :goodvibes
Good morning to all who come to these happy boards!

tlcoke
08-13-2009, 06:37 AM
Good Morning Everyone, a little late logging on this morning.

Insurance Adjuster called yesterday. Still arguing whether the seats got wet. Like I don't know the difference between wet and condensation. UGGGGH!!!
It kills me they don't want to look at the pictures I have of the car under water, and the after shots I have that clearly show the water lines on the car.
They are still waiting on the new carpeting for the interior to come in.

kymickeyfan717
08-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Hi all - hope all have a good Thursday. I love this working from home. Wish I could always do it ..

Hope everyone has a great day.... :)

Becx N Gav
08-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Happy Thursday everyone... Just wanted to pop in and say hi and see what was going on.

I have so many threads I am following these days I dont feel I give them all their correct attention :) but I am trying to get better!

Hope everyone has a great day!

I know - I could read threads all day and still have more to look at :surfweb: At least this one is going at 100mph - yet :rotfl:

Good Morning Everyone, a little late logging on this morning.

Insurance Adjuster called yesterday. Still arguing whether the seats got wet. Like I don't know the difference between wet and condensation. UGGGGH!!!
It kills me they don't want to look at the pictures I have of the car under water, and the after shots I have that clearly show the water lines on the car.
They are still waiting on the new carpeting for the interior to come in.

Oh, they really like to drag their heels :sad2: - I hope they pull their finger out and get your car sorted, as if it would be condensation in the seats - the flipping car was under water :fish:
It bugs me how hard it is to get anything back from an insurance policy, yet if they need anything from you they set their dates. Then when you do successfully claim they put up your premium - so you end up paying for it eventually :mad:

katscradle
08-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Good morning everyone! :)
Becky it must be afternoon for you by now.
So good afternoon to you. :thumbsup2

klam_chowder
08-13-2009, 08:13 AM
TGIF folks! :wave2: Well, at least for us ;)

We're moved around some flex time and will be heading to the big county fair with some friends tomorrow. It'll be our first visit but they're big into it - enter into judged competitions, etc. so it will be fun to have them show us around...I can smell the fried dough now :rolleyes1

Becky, a carrot?!! :eek: now if you'd left out a grilled portebello with aged balsamic drizzle... :lmao: :lmao:

Get it! Its awesome! Be sure to pick up an extra "adapter" for it also. You'll need it to play multiplayer on most of the games.

How's it compare to wii sports? :confused: We have a lot of fun with that but if Resorts has a lot more different games, I might be interested in it too. :rolleyes:

After the fair tomorrow, I'm heading off on the weekend to celebrate my dad's b'day. A couple of my bros and their families are heading there too so I'll get to catch up with them, and even meet a new nephew for the first time. :angel: They'll only be around for less than a week but I'm having an extended stay to help my folks out with this and that, and get in a good visit with them, other family & friends. So I'll see y'all here after Labor Day. :wave:

cheers,

katscradle
08-13-2009, 08:16 AM
Tracey don't be afraid to push your insurance company to total the car if you think that is what needs to be done. I would get 2 or 3 good body shops to look at the car and them ask them for there honest opinion. If they think the car should be totaled push back. If they still will not total the car ask them to detail in writing what they will and will not cover should the car have ongoing problems. Don't be rude, just persistant. A lot of the times the body shop guys have a very good relationship with the adjuster and if you get them on your side it will help a ton.

Good Luck

Tracy I am with Scott here.
You will need to be persistant, remember their job is to pay out as little as they have to. :eek:

katscradle
08-13-2009, 08:19 AM

We're moved around some flex time and will be heading to the big county fair with some friends tomorrow. It'll be our first visit but they're big into it - enter into judged competitions, etc. so it will be fun to have them show us around...I can smell the fried dough now :rolleyes1

Becky, a carrot?!! :eek: now if you'd left out a grilled portebello with aged balsamic drizzle... :lmao: :lmao:

How's it compare to wii sports? :confused: We have a lot of fun with that but if Resorts has a lot more different games, I might be interested in it too. :rolleyes:

After the fair tomorrow, I'm heading off on the weekend to celebrate my dad's b'day. A couple of my bros and their families are heading there too so I'll get to catch up with them, and even meet a new nephew for the first time. :angel: They'll only be around for less than a week but I'm having an extended stay to help my folks out with this and that, and get in a good visit with them, other family & friends. So I'll see y'all here after Labor Day. :wave:

cheers,

Have a great trip, and enjoy your stay with your parents. :thumbsup2
I will miss you!
See you after Labour Day. :)

georgemoe
08-13-2009, 09:44 AM
Happy Thursday all! :goodvibes

Hi Don. Not sure how I missed this post yesterday. Must be work. :mad:

Looking to get Wii Sports Resort as well and will probably get Tiger Woods to get the 2nd Wii Motion Plus adaptor.

After the fair tomorrow, :flower3:

Hi Karen. Wii Sports Resort has about three times the games that Wii Sports does. It is what Wii Sports should have been. The frisbee, sword fighting, and archery look way cool. Not sure about the bike riding though. You use the nunchuck with that and it looks like you're speed milking a cow. :rotfl2:

What fair are you going to?

dpuck1998
08-13-2009, 09:53 AM
Happy Thursday all! :goodvibes

Hi Don. Not sure how I missed this post yesterday. Must be work. :mad:

Looking to get Wii Sports Resort as well and will probably get Tiger Woods to get the 2nd Wii Motion Plus adaptor.

Hi Karen. Wii Sports Resort has about three times the games that Wii Sports does. It is what Wii Sports should have been. The frisbee, sword fighting, and archery look way cool. Not sure about the bike riding though. You use the nunchuck with that and it looks like you're speed milking a cow. :rotfl2:

What fair are you going to?

I've only played about 4 of the games so far. Ping Pong is great, my middle son loves the flying game, Lily loves the wave rider and the basketball is pretty good.

shellyminnie
08-13-2009, 10:08 AM
FYI - for those in my FE group: You should have an invitation in your inboxes on FB for a group that I just started on FB for our FE Group!! ;)

Cherinva
08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
OMG....after days of pestering my DD about getting her birth certificate and her daughters so we can go and get our passports...turns out it's ME that can't find her birth certificate...ugg. Went on line today to apply for it, and you wouldn't believe the hoops I had to jump through to get it...and the cost. This time, I will keep it under lock and key. Hopefully, it won't take to long to come in and then we can get our passports for the cruise.

Anyway, Happy Thursday everyone. Rainy here in Virginia. (again)

Tonya2426
08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
FYI - for those in my FE group: You should have an invitation in your inboxes on FB for a group that I just started on FB for our FE Group!! ;)

Got it!! :goodvibes

Becx N Gav
08-13-2009, 05:13 PM

cheers,

A carrot - it's a recession don't ya know ;)

Have a great time at the County fair :goodvibes We've got a balloon (as in hot air balloons) festival starting tomorrow - it's just down the road for us and we're hoping to catch the take off on Saturday :goodvibes They also have an American car show so that will be cool to see :cool1:

Happy Birthday to your Dad :flower3: hope you have a wonderful week :woohoo:

OMG....after days of pestering my DD about getting her birth certificate and her daughters so we can go and get our passports...turns out it's ME that can't find her birth certificate...ugg. Went on line today to apply for it, and you wouldn't believe the hoops I had to jump through to get it...and the cost. This time, I will keep it under lock and key. Hopefully, it won't take to long to come in and then we can get our passports for the cruise.

Anyway, Happy Thursday everyone. Rainy here in Virginia. (again)

Oh no - what a pain! At least you have applied for a replacement and hopefully it'll arrive quickly :goodvibes

Hi Katherine - it's now past 11pm here so off to bed - 1 work day left :banana: :yay: :dance3:

sshaw10060
08-13-2009, 05:32 PM
Hi all. The babysitter called in sick so I got a bonus day at home. Saturday is our Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ. We're expecting 80-100 people. It was nice to have a bonus day at home to get ready. I'll post a BBQ report when I recover.

A.Mickey
08-13-2009, 10:49 PM
We've got a balloon (as in hot air balloons) festival starting tomorrow - it's just down the road for us and we're hoping to catch the take off on Saturday :goodvibes They also have an American car show so that will be cool to see :cool1:

The Hot Air Balloon festival sounds fun!! What exactly is an American car show?:confused3

Saturday is our Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ. We're expecting 80-100 people. It was nice to have a bonus day at home to get ready. I'll post a BBQ report when I recover.
Woo hoo! How much BBQ did you make?!?

Our weekend started this evening...Jason's father and stepmother from Arizona are here for the next 5 days! We haven't seen them in over 2 years! :scared1: Tonight we went to Home Run Inn for some pizza. Tomorrow we are going to the Wisconsin State Fair. Then on Saturday we are going into the city to see a musical, and that night we are going to dinner with Robin, Jaime and Todd! :grouphug:
Sunday is the DISmeet at D2D and I think Jason will be taking his Dad and Aaron to a children's museum and then Monday is the Zoo! :laundy:

Gotta love weekends like this!:thumbsup2......now is the time to start looking into visit Indy! :banana::banana:

Becx N Gav
08-14-2009, 03:23 AM
Hi all. The babysitter called in sick so I got a bonus day at home. Saturday is our Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ. We're expecting 80-100 people. It was nice to have a bonus day at home to get ready. I'll post a BBQ report when I recover.

Mmmmmm - sounds yummy!

Hope you have a great time and the weather holds out for you :thumbsup2

The Hot Air Balloon festival sounds fun!! What exactly is an American car show?:confused3

Woo hoo! How much BBQ did you make?!?

Our weekend started this evening...Jason's father and stepmother from Arizona are here for the next 5 days! We haven't seen them in over 2 years! :scared1: Tonight we went to Home Run Inn for some pizza. Tomorrow we are going to the Wisconsin State Fair. Then on Saturday we are going into the city to see a musical, and that night we are going to dinner with Robin, Jaime and Todd! :grouphug:
Sunday is the DISmeet at D2D and I think Jason will be taking his Dad and Aaron to a children's museum and then Monday is the Zoo! :laundy:

Gotta love weekends like this!:thumbsup2......now is the time to start looking into visit Indy! :banana::banana:

Yeah should be a good day out. The American car show is (I think) mainly old American cars that enthusiasts bring along from all over the country and people can look around and the collectors can meet other people with the same interest. I've been to a similar one for Land Rovers where they also have a field so they can go off road and get all muddy :lmao: (they also do these sorts of things for Minis, VW vans, really old cars - in fact the local highway has very long tail backs when they all arrive, it's funny to see so many cars of one type!) I will make sure I take some pics and let you know more details tomorrow.

Sounds like a jam packed weekend for you guys - say HI :wave: and send our love to Jaime, Robin and Todd (give Jaime and extra hug :hug: - I hope she is getting on ok?)

tlcoke
08-14-2009, 05:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Friday!!!

No more news on my car. The adjuster has not called me back, like he said he would, that is very frustrating.

I want to Thank a Dis'er, who has sent me some very valuable information to know specifically what to question in regards to areas of the car that may have been affected by the flood water and whether they addressed those areas of the car or not.

Scott have fun at your BBQ this weekend.
Those of you meeting up at the DIS meet in Chicago, have fun.

Stich's girlfriend
08-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Did I hear correctly? A Universal Cruise for Harry Potter...Is there anymore information on this...I figured you Cruisers would have the scoop!
Thanks!

jeanigor
08-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Did I hear correctly? A Universal Cruise for Harry Potter...Is there anymore information on this...I figured you Cruisers would have the scoop!
Thanks!

No information at this time. It is referred to as Podcast Cruise 1.5 (PCC 1.5) on the main podcast board.

tlcoke
08-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Thanks!

In the email show this week Pete said he hopes to post the information before he leaves for Australia.

Emiel
08-14-2009, 12:29 PM
We're having a mini meet on the phone with Becx and Gav.
Discussing some things about their visit in two weeks!

Becx N Gav
08-14-2009, 02:33 PM
We're having a mini meet on the phone with Becx and Gav.
Discussing some things about their visit in two weeks!

Hey there :wave: - it was fun talkng to you :cool1: I can't wait to see you both again and enjoy Delft, Amsterdam and pizza type deliveries ;)

Here's to EuroDisers :drinking1

Gav N Becx
08-14-2009, 02:40 PM
Woohoo only two weeks to go!
I get my own bathroom. Double wahoo!

Becx N Gav
08-14-2009, 02:42 PM
Woohoo only two weeks to go!
I get my own bathroom. Double wahoo!

** :mad: you still have to share it with me :p

Or do you mean you'll be going in the garden :confused3

Gav N Becx
08-14-2009, 02:50 PM
** :mad: you still have to share it with me :p

Or do you mean you'll be going in the garden :confused3

May I remind you that you are currently within tickling range!

Becx N Gav
08-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Wow - must be a busy weekend :scared1:

Hope everyone has a great day :thumbsup2 We're off to the festival soon :cool1:

sandyh67
08-15-2009, 07:51 PM
I've only played about 4 of the games so far. Ping Pong is great, my middle son loves the flying game, Lily loves the wave rider and the basketball is pretty good.

We just got the Wii Resort game as well- I am actually really enjoying it! Kids love the sword fighting- love pushing me off the edge into the water :rotfl:

mainegal
08-15-2009, 07:56 PM
I am thinking about getting a Wii and am curiously enjoying how much you like the games.
How many Wii games do you have? In other words, if I get a Wii, how much more money will I be wanting to spend to really have fun?

Cherinva
08-16-2009, 09:43 AM
I am thinking about getting a Wii and am curiously enjoying how much you like the games.
How many Wii games do you have? In other words, if I get a Wii, how much more money will I be wanting to spend to really have fun?

My DD and DGD just got a Wii.....they love it. The games run around 40-50 each...much like other games systems.

Becx N Gav
08-17-2009, 02:01 AM
Morning everyone :thumbsup2

Hope you all had a great weekend! We went to the balloon festival but it was a bit of a let down - I will post more tonight and a couple of pics.

tlcoke
08-17-2009, 05:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Hopefully, I will get my car back this week and that it works better than New.

Have a good day!!

kymickeyfan717
08-17-2009, 05:36 AM
Morn all - hope all had a good weekend. I had to work Sat night untiil the wee hours of Sunday morn. That made for a LONG weekend. At least the word is done. Our State Fair is starting this week - can't wait. It's always a lot of fun.

mainegal
08-17-2009, 06:09 AM
Good morning!

Tracey, hope your car will still feel like a new car to you.

Tracey and Kathy - are you both bound for the state fair?

Cherinva
08-17-2009, 07:02 AM
Good Morning Everyone. I got my DCL DVD....it's awesome.

tinkbutt
08-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Good morning all............ Long week ahead no day off...... till sunday!!!!

tlcoke
08-17-2009, 08:21 PM
Good morning!

Tracey, hope your car will still feel like a new car to you.

Tracey and Kathy - are you both bound for the state fair?

I got my car back tonight!

I am not sure about how it feels yet. I still have the rental car, that I will return tomorrow. The rental car agency was closed already by the time I got off work, so I was unable to return it tonight and get their complimentary ride home.

I am not sure if I will make it to the State Fair this year or not. Unfortunately it falls at our busiest time of the year work wise which makes it even more difficult to attend. The "free" concert night that I usually try to attend each year, is not really someone I am interested to hear in concert this year - not my style of music.

Becx N Gav
08-18-2009, 05:09 AM
Morning all - hope everyone has a happy Tuesday and I will attempt to post the pics today (they're on my phone so I need to move them to the PC then onto Flickr) work is a little hectic as we have 2/4 people off right now.

tlcoke
08-18-2009, 05:35 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Rain is moving back in today - Remains of TS Claudia moving into our area today, along with a Cold Front.

kymickeyfan717
08-18-2009, 05:36 AM
Morn' all. I broke down and bought tickets to see Keith Urban this Sat at our State Fair. They lowered the price on the upper level arena seats. Figured I would splurge and go see him.

Weather is actually supposed to be really nice this weekend which is unusual for State Fair time. Normally it's hot and upper 90s.

Hope all have a great day...

mainegal
08-18-2009, 05:52 AM
Oh, my! It's gonna be hot!
It was already 75 degrees when I left for walk this morning at 6:00.

Cherinva
08-18-2009, 06:49 AM
I got my car back tonight!

I am not sure about how it feels yet. I still have the rental car, that I will return tomorrow. The rental car agency was closed already by the time I got off work, so I was unable to return it tonight and get their complimentary ride home.

I am not sure if I will make it to the State Fair this year or not. Unfortunately it falls at our busiest time of the year work wise which makes it even more difficult to attend. The "free" concert night that I usually try to attend each year, is not really someone I am interested to hear in concert this year - not my style of music.

Glad to hear that.

sshaw10060
08-18-2009, 08:20 PM
I am still recovering from the Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ. All in all I made 2 briskets, 4 pork butts, 20 lbs of chicken, and 21 racks of ribs. I pretty much had the smoker running for two straight days. We had about 75 people in the backyard. The kids has a great time. We hired to college girls to supervise the kids and it really let the parents relax and enjoy themselves. I am so tired from the party I still haven't finished cleaning.

jeanigor
08-18-2009, 09:24 PM
I am still recovering from the Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ. All in all I made 2 briskets, 4 pork butts, 20 lbs of chicken, and 21 racks of ribs. I pretty much had the smoker running for two straight days. We had about 75 people in the backyard. The kids has a great time. We hired to college girls to supervise the kids and it really let the parents relax and enjoy themselves. I am so tired from the party I still haven't finished cleaning.

If I hadn't been in Chicago for the Doorway to Dreams meet, I would have loved to come visit your Oink, Cackle and Moooo.

Becx N Gav
08-19-2009, 02:09 AM
Morning - had a power cut yesterday as I was about to post these :headache:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/3834137231_83bc2d6173.jpg

This was as much as we saw! They inflated the balloon but it was too windy to fly!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2592/3834933778_51c6f881d1.jpg

The food was awful and over priced

Hotdog for about $6.50! And it tasted like the one you get in a packet.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2530/3834135421_22625dbd4b.jpg

Gav got a burger, fries and diet coke for $11 something. The fries were nice but the burger had gristle :scared: And the 'diet coke' was coke light - the European version which to me tastes totally different :sad2:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3492/3834136335_afa0b91f91.jpg

They had a few cars driving around, this one was pretty cool

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2611/3834140319_8a94b2daa3.jpg

They also had this ride, I don't know how people could want to do this :scared1:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2438/3834931082_f604c39ee6.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2667/3834931910_e7bf7578ac.jpg

tlcoke
08-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope you have a good Wednesday.

The University of Louisville as been collecting video and Photos of the Flooding from August 4th and these are some of the videos included in their compilation that are posted on YouTube.

This first video shows my parking lot from two angles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8pxaKtx0k

This video shows a time lapsed Security Camera view of a street as it floods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_JQ7WHNcc

This is a time lapse Security Camera View of an intersection that filled with over 15' of water and a stupid driver who drives into the flooded street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk3QtCvHsEM

The next two are from a local TV Stations reports of the flooding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpm3Gcptxuo

This is raw video that shows the street that my parking lot was on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07oWa8d3i08

kymickeyfan717
08-19-2009, 05:35 AM
Morn' everyone - hope all have a great "hump" day. I'm just counting down til the weekend... The weather is supposed to be NICE...

Becx N Gav
08-19-2009, 01:06 PM

The University of Louisville as been collecting video and Photos of the Flooding from August 4th and these are some of the videos included in their compilation that are posted on YouTube.

This first video shows my parking lot from two angles:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8pxaKtx0k

This video shows a time lapsed Security Camera view of a street as it floods:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi_JQ7WHNcc

This is a time lapse Security Camera View of an intersection that filled with over 15' of water and a stupid driver who drives into the flooded street.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk3QtCvHsEM

The next two are from a local TV Stations reports of the flooding.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpm3Gcptxuo

This is raw video that shows the street that my parking lot was on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07oWa8d3i08

Wow, that's really scary :scared1: How is the clean up going? I hope they managed to get all that diesel.

I can't believe that guy drove into the water :sad2:

Renysmom
08-19-2009, 01:18 PM

Very intense to watch, thank goodness no one was caught in that

Morn' everyone - hope all have a great "hump" day. I'm just counting down til the weekend... The weather is supposed to be NICE...

Counting down here as well, we hit 101 at lunch, should be about 87 on Saturday. I love the heat, but even I admit when its too much and this is too hot

Becx N Gav
08-20-2009, 02:02 AM
Morning all - nearly Friday :cool1: :cool1:

I'll be happy when this week is over, only 4 days of work next week then we're off to the Netherlands to see Yvet and Emiel :woohoo:

jeanigor
08-20-2009, 03:27 AM

I'll be happy when this week is over, only 4 days of work next week then we're off to the Netherlands to see Yvet and Emiel :woohoo:

:banana::banana::banana:

Becx N Gav
08-20-2009, 04:21 AM
:banana::banana::banana:

Hey there early bird :wave: or are you up late?

tlcoke
08-20-2009, 05:23 AM
Wow, that's really scary :scared1: How is the clean up going? I hope they managed to get all that diesel.

I can't believe that guy drove into the water :sad2:

They are estimating damage on Campus to be approximately $15 million dollars not counting personal losses to Faculty/Staff and students. The School of Education Building was hit the hardest with the diesel fuel and they are expecting it to be closed all of Fall Semester. Several other buildings are expected to be closed for several weeks as they repair the damages.

Very intense to watch, thank goodness no one was caught in that

With the amount of rain and how fast the water rose that morning, it is a miricle no one was killed. Because many people did not heed the warnings on never drive into a flooded road way like the driver in the video did. Many people were being stupid and driving around barricades and putting themseves and the rescue workings in danger. Police arrested 1 person that day for driving around a police car barricade and into a flooded street. Once they rescued him from his car, they slapped the handcuffs on him.

tlcoke
08-20-2009, 05:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Thursday!

Is it Friday Yet??

sshaw10060
08-20-2009, 05:35 AM
Good morning all. I got called into work at 5:30 for what turned out to be a stupid reason. I'll be in a great mood by 6 or 7 tonight.

kymickeyfan717
08-20-2009, 05:43 AM
Morn' all. Looks like we are going to get some more storms today but after that a fantastic weekend for outdoor activities. Can't wait....

:goodvibes

jeanigor
08-20-2009, 06:15 AM
Hey there early bird :wave: or are you up late?

Up early. Couldn't sleep.

krissy2803
08-20-2009, 06:22 AM

:thumbsup2:woohoo::yay:

mainegal
08-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Thursday!

Is it Friday Yet??

Maybe it is Friday in some other part of the world?
It will be here soon.

Happy end of the week to everyone.

Becx N Gav
08-20-2009, 09:32 AM
They are estimating damage on Campus to be approximately $15 million dollars not counting personal losses to Faculty/Staff and students. The School of Education Building was hit the hardest with the diesel fuel and they are expecting it to be closed all of Fall Semester. Several other buildings are expected to be closed for several weeks as they repair the damages.

With the amount of rain and how fast the water rose that morning, it is a miricle no one was killed. Because many people did not heed the warnings on never drive into a flooded road way like the driver in the video did. Many people were being stupid and driving around barricades and putting themseves and the rescue workings in danger. Police arrested 1 person that day for driving around a police car barricade and into a flooded street. Once they rescued him from his car, they slapped the handcuffs on him.

Goodness me - they are very lucky no one was killed, the force of the water was amazing. And I still can't believe how idiotic people can be :confused3 I'm glad they were able to arrest that guy - imagine if he'd had kids or anyone else for that matter in the car :sad2:

Hope things start getting back to normal :hug:

:thumbsup2:woohoo::yay:

Can you tell I'm excited :banana: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :cool1:

Maybe it is Friday in some other part of the world?
It will be here soon.

Happy end of the week to everyone.

It's 3.30pm here and I think the Aussies are a good 9-12 hours ahead of us, so yeah very nearly Friday there :lmao:

I really hate it when you think it's a Friday but it's only a Thursday or Wednesday :scared1: But it's also good when you wake up early on a Staurday right before the alarm would normally go off in the week and then realise it's a Saturday :woohoo: :dance3:

katscradle
08-20-2009, 09:37 PM
I just wanted to pop in and say hi! :):)
It's 10:36 pm here right now, and if my calulations are correct, it should be 3:36 am in the UK right now. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Happy Friday Becky and Gav!

A.Mickey
08-21-2009, 01:21 AM
Happy Friday!!!!

Becx N Gav
08-21-2009, 02:53 AM
I just wanted to pop in and say hi! :):)
It's 10:36 pm here right now, and if my calulations are correct, it should be 3:36 am in the UK right now. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Happy Friday Becky and Gav!

Hi Katherine :)

Darn looks like I missed it - I was asleep :rotfl: And by my calculations it's 3.53 where you are ;) so hopefully you are snoozing too :thumbsup2

Happy Friday - hope it's a good one :yay:

Becx N Gav
08-21-2009, 02:55 AM
Happy Friday!!!!

Shannan - I hope you are still up from Thursday, or closer to our time zone :rotfl: If you've just got up I hope it is for something fun ;)

tlcoke
08-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!!! I hope everyone has a good day and a good weekend.

I am hoping I don't have to work this weekend, I'll know more as the day goes on whether or not it will be required. I so love this time of year, you can't make any weekend plans due to the possibility of having to work.

katscradle
08-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Good morning and yes I was snoozing.
I am up now though...:rotfl2::rotfl2:
It's seven in the morning here now.
Everyone have a great day! :)

Cherinva
08-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Happy Friday.

Becx N Gav
08-21-2009, 06:40 AM

I am hoping I don't have to work this weekend, I'll know more as the day goes on whether or not it will be required. I so love this time of year, you can't make any weekend plans due to the possibility of having to work.

Good morning and yes I was snoozing.
I am up now though...:rotfl2::rotfl2:
It's seven in the morning here now.
Everyone have a great day! :)

Good Morning Everyone. Happy Friday.

Hello everyone :thumbsup2

I would say good morning but it's the afternoon here - not sure if it's bad luck like saying Macbeth during a play :confused3

Alice2020
08-21-2009, 08:25 AM

I'm right there with you Tracey- I work on call, never knowing if I will get 2 or 10 hours of sleep at night. It really takes a toll on your psyche after awhile.

I have been organizing the kid's calendars and I just realized that we have a 4 day weekend over Halloween due to school schedules. Last year we did MNSSHP, and I thought that this year would be plain old trick or treating. I am working on a plan to take the kids to Seaworld and maybe do the trick-or-treat with Shamu thing. I love planning a good surprise!

Have a great weekend!

-Kelly

katscradle
08-21-2009, 10:13 AM
I just thought I would post and tell everyone to have a great weekend!:thumbsup2
The packing is almost done and we will be heading for the cottage later today for the weekend.
Be back Monday night.:)
God I love that every one of our weekends has been a four day weekend this year. :love:

mainegal
08-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Big Folk Festival in Bangor this weekend. I was hoping for clear skies. Looks like it will rain instead.

There goes our two weeks of summer!

parrotheadlois
08-21-2009, 02:26 PM
We are folkie people too! Gotta look and see who's gonna be in Bangor. Not that we're any where close - but I'm curious!

3 of our favorite performers are Mainers:

Rod Picott, Slaid Cleaves and Jason Spooner

sshaw10060
08-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Good morning all. Thanks to my son there is no sleeping late. It's raining today, so we'll probably just try to get some stuff done around the house. Tomorrow is the 75 day mark for our November cruise. I better start planning the details.

My FIL is doing well. His hair started falling out from the chemo, so her shaved his head. He looks 10 years younger.

Have a great weekend.

mainegal
08-22-2009, 08:13 PM
We are folkie people too! Gotta look and see who's gonna be in Bangor. Not that we're any where close - but I'm curious!

It is not until next weekend! You still have time to come up.

http://www.americanfolkfestival.com/ Bangor, Maine

CinderellasSister
08-23-2009, 05:08 AM
Morning all! My DS is up with a bad cough, so here I am, hanging out on the DIS, while he tries to settle down after taking his medicine. I have a feeling it's going to be a looong day!

OKW Lover
08-23-2009, 06:03 AM
Morning folks. A little light rain in Plymouth this morning, but it's supposed to clear up about 8:00 am. I hope so, my T-time is 9:27.

Emiel
08-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Goodmorning all!!!

Just thought I should wish everyone a good Monday :confused3

Looking forward to this weekend, because Beckx and Gav will be visiting :cool1:

Becx N Gav
08-24-2009, 05:02 AM
Morning all - another week, but it's a short one for us as we're off to Holland on Friday :cool1:

Morning folks. A little light rain in Plymouth this morning, but it's supposed to clear up about 8:00 am. I hope so, my T-time is 9:27.

Hi there Jeff - do you play golf at WDW? DH is playing a bit more now and I said he should find out if there would be anyone there in Dec 2010 to play with!

Goodmorning all!!!

Just thought I should wish everyone a good Monday :confused3

Looking forward to this weekend, because Beckx and Gav will be visiting :cool1:

Yes we are looking forward to it too :woohoo: :yay: Can't wait until Friday :dance3: