PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

maroo
07-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Morning all - it is a lazy morning after being up late playing UNO last night. Good to hear that OKW went to value Shelly - some of our best tips are from those tour groups ;) I think I would've heard them talk about OKW being a value and then I would've been thinking about it all day wondering - did they mean it was such a good value they considered it a value resort? Are they just stupid? It would have drove me nuts!

(Has anyone heard Lewis Black's The White Album? This reminds me of the "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college")

I am just getting up myself after that long UNO party! :)

OKW a value! :rotfl:

Good morning everyone!! :) :wave2:

CinderellasSister
07-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Did you know that the train that goes around the MK also goes to other parks?

And to think.... all these years I've been leaving MK and wasting my time sitting at a bus stop to get to another park. :rotfl2:

tlcoke
07-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone, first chance I have had to log on this morning, even though I been up since 6 am.

I had fun playing UNO last night with several of my Dis friends.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.

I am now off to tour the YMCA, for possible membership and then to lunch and then go to one of our Ice Cream shops that makes Homemade Ice Cream, that is celebrating National Ice Cream Day today (which is actually tomorrrow) with 25 cent single scoops of Ice Cream.

corky441
07-18-2009, 10:58 AM
I got on the MK train headed to Animal Kingdom and the darn thing just kept circling the park!! Stupid train! :headache:

You must have missed the AK stop. Its the one with the big mountain, I think Mt Eversplash or something.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao::lmao:

safetymom
07-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Glad to hear you enjoyed HOP. :)

We were at Epcot on the tram when someone came up to me and asked me if that was the tram to Animal Kingdom? :confused3:confused3

Morning!!

I went to see the new Hall of President's yesterday!! OMG!! That was awesome. If you have a chance to see it next time you in the world, GO!!!!
It gave me goosebumps!

I also heard some pretty fascinating things from other guests:

Did you know that OKW is a value resort?

Did you know that the train that goes around the MK also goes to other parks?

And my favorite: It's not Cinderella's Castle, its Sleeping Beauty's castle!!

There were also lots and lots and lots of "tour groups" I must have saw at least 10-12 different groups!! :scared1: I avoided them by walking the other way!

katscradle
07-18-2009, 11:34 AM
Ohhh...exciting! I can't wait to get a room at OKW for 80 bucks!!

You and I both, let me know when they start taking ressies for that will you.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

katscradle
07-18-2009, 11:36 AM
I got on the MK train headed to Animal Kingdom and the darn thing just kept circling the park!! Stupid train! :headache:

What they didn't tell you, you would jump out the window to get to AK.
Oh I forgot the windows don't open in the monarails in WDW.
That's DL. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

tinkbutt
07-18-2009, 11:52 AM

You must have missed the AK stop. Its the one with the big mountain, I think Mt Eversplash or something.

You know its funny because I planned my vacation to Disney and all these other parks were near by you would think the mouse wouldn't want competitors so close by I mean Epcot doesn't universal own them:laughing::rolleyes:

Disneybridein2k3
07-18-2009, 12:15 PM
You know its funny because I planned my vacation to Disney and all these other parks were near by you would think the mouse wouldn't want competitors so close by I mean Epcot doesn't universal own them:laughing::rolleyes:
I actually had a co-worker ask me this week to plan her "Disney" vacation for her. The parks she wants to see is Sea World and Universal Studios. She asked me not to include the Magic Kingdom or any of the ones with Mickey because her boys were too old to enjoy the mouse. I had to ask. I just couldn't help myself. "So you want me to plan a Disney vacation that doesn't include any of the DISNEY parks????" :confused3

maroo
07-18-2009, 12:34 PM
I actually had a co-worker ask me this week to plan her "Disney" vacation for her. The parks she wants to see is Sea World and Universal Studios. She asked me not to include the Magic Kingdom or any of the ones with Mickey because her boys were too old to enjoy the mouse. I had to ask. I just couldn't help myself. "So you want me to plan a Disney vacation that doesn't include any of the DISNEY parks????" :confused3

:eek:

Gosh...that is sad. :sad2:

She thinks they will enjoy Sea World? :confused3 Look Mom, a dolphin!!

aGoofyMom
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi all. This summer is shaping up to be busy - busy staying warm!

I have gotten some good news to share - DH's Aunt, who had spent Christmas in the hospital discovering her Ovarian Cancer was now on her colon has finished chemo, and had the last surgery scheduled and is ALL CLEAR!!!

woo hooo! :woohoo:

I am just glad I made it back here to see the OKW value rates! ;)

corky441
07-18-2009, 02:30 PM
Hi all. This summer is shaping up to be busy - busy staying warm!

I have gotten some good news to share - DH's Aunt, who had spent Christmas in the hospital discovering her Ovarian Cancer was now on her colon has finished chemo, and had the last surgery scheduled and is ALL CLEAR!!!

I am just glad I made it back here to see the OKW value rates! ;)

I know what you mean about staying warm - Western NY has been brutal so far this season.

So happy to hear that your Mom is doing well - such good news :thumbsup2

dpuck1998
07-18-2009, 03:40 PM

I actually had someone last year, ask me if they should go to Universal. They heard the tower of terror was fun and their kids loved star wars.

katscradle
07-18-2009, 04:46 PM
Donna glad to hear DH aunt got the all clear. :thumbsup2
I am right there with you on the summer thing.
Wonder when it's going to warm up. :)

tlcoke
07-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I'll do LeCellier with you!! I've been dying to try it!!

I'll PM you the information on Monday. I left my ressie info at work.

georgemoe
07-19-2009, 12:34 AM

Hi Donna. Glad to hear that Carl's Aunt is better. That is great news!

rtobe
07-19-2009, 01:14 AM
I'll be in chat tonight.

I need to talk to normal people.

Lord knows they do not exist in my office.:sad1:

OMG - I just read this... :rotfl2::lmao::laughing:

one of my colleagues introduced me to our summer college intern as "disney obsessed" ... and here I was was trying to be professional (clearly an overrated concept)

wdwscout
07-19-2009, 07:56 AM
Once a couple of years ago, my sons and I were sitting in the hot tub at WL and there was a dad and his young daughter in there as well. She was about 10 or so. I asked if she was having fun and she replied "Oh yes, today we went to Epcot and tomorrow we are going to Disney World!" Dad agreed. :sad2:
My kids just looked at me like :confused3

scarlett873
07-19-2009, 09:22 AM
:wave2:

Just making sure you don't forget me...gotta poke my head in here every now and then! :laughing:

georgemoe
07-19-2009, 09:43 AM

Just making sure you don't forget me...gotta poke my head in here every now and then! :laughing:

I can do that Brandie. :) I think? :headache:

:rotfl2:

katscradle
07-19-2009, 09:49 AM
Good morning guy's!
Hope all is well and everyone is having a great weekend.:thumbsup2
Well today is the day that John and Kenny are going to start building this shed that we need.7ft.x 14ft :thumbsup2
The shed will house the 35 Plymouth coupe he has in the backyard.
Now before you start getting all excited it has not been restored yet!:eek:
However this is something he hopes to do eventually with the boy's.:)
He has been collecting things in preparation for this task for a while now.
We are having alot of work done to the backyard this year..
New fence, trees removed 3 of them. and the driveway extended across
the back of the property, which is where this new shed and the coupe will sit.
Then maybe a new deck.:dance3::dance3:
Well that is enough of my ramblings for now.
Catch you later.

Alice2020
07-19-2009, 12:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Hope that everyone is enjoying the weekend- I took a break from tiling my condo today to just rest (I'm a mom, so by rest I mean do laundry, dishes, pick up around the house and cook dinner). My renters move in at the end of July and it has been a mad dash trying to get everything ready:scared1:

I have exciting news- my husband told me today that it looks like his band will be invited to a music fest in California to open for some national acts (we are in Indiana, so this is a big deal). It sounds like an awesome opportunity- now I just have to figure out how I will manage to take care of the kids, work, and keep my sanity while he is gone!

-Kelly

CinderellasSister
07-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi All! Hope everyone had a great weekend. We spent today staining the kids swingset/fort, and cleaning out the shed from all the old toys they don't use anymore. Nothing like spending a hot afternoon listening to "Hey! That's my old swing! Hey, that's my old wagon, etc" You get the picture. It's so much easier to get rid of the old junk when they're not around! Anyway, we're finally finished for today. Ran out of stain, so we have to get more, but I don't know that I have the energy to go to the store tonight.
I'd much rather hang out online here anyway!:surfweb:

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 04:44 AM
Morning all - why is today lovely and sunny and yet over the weekend it was cloudy and raining yesterday :headache:

Launchpad11B
07-20-2009, 04:53 AM
Mornin' peeps! Have a great Monday. :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Mornin' peeps! Have a great Monday. :thumbsup2

Morning Paul :wave2:

kymickeyfan717
07-20-2009, 06:42 AM
Morn' all. It's back to work for me after being off all last week. I'm going to hate checking my work email this morning - no telling what came in while I was out..

Have a good day.

mainegal
07-20-2009, 07:02 AM
Good morning.
The film festival is over. I was looking forward to gettingback to work and the regular routine. Instead, I am headed for New Jersey to meet up with my siblings to plan my mother's funeral and take care of all those things that need to be done after a parent dies. My father died over thirty years ago when I was in college, so this is new to us.

tlcoke
07-20-2009, 07:35 AM
Good morning everyone! I am later than usual logging in today, power was out in my building at work this morning for a couple of hours to run a new electrical line for the construction going on.

Came into a mess this morning, as a water line somewhere in the ceiling sprung a leak over the weekend, and collapsed the ceiling in our hallway, with water & wet accostical tile everywhere.

Have a good day!!!

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 08:05 AM
Morn' all. It's back to work for me after being off all last week. I'm going to hate checking my work email this morning - no telling what came in while I was out..

Have a good day.

Sometimes having time off is worse than being at work when you come back and there is loads of stuff that didn't get done, lots of panics :scared: Hoping it was all ok?

Good morning.
The film festival is over. I was looking forward to gettingback to work and the regular routine. Instead, I am headed for New Jersey to meet up with my siblings to plan my mother's funeral and take care of all those things that need to be done after a parent dies. My father died over thirty years ago when I was in college, so this is new to us.

I'm so sorry to hear this, my deepest condolences :sad1: I can't imagine how hard it is and wouldn't have a clue where to start. Will be thinking of you and I hope things go as smoothly as they possibly can :hug:

Good morning everyone! I am later than usual logging in today, power was out in my building at work this morning for a couple of hours to run a new electrical line for the construction going on.

Came into a mess this morning, as a water line somewhere in the ceiling sprung a leak over the weekend, and collapsed the ceiling in our hallway, with water & wet accostical tile everywhere.

Have a good day!!!

:headache: sounds like a 'great' start to the week, hope you get things cleared up and it's not too much of a disruption :sad2:

sandyh67
07-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Good morning.

I am so very sorry, just went through this with both my parents last year, it is just so overwhelming and emotionally draining. I am thinking of you and your family.

winotracy
07-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Good morning.

So sorry to hear this. It can be tough, I've been going through it for the last two years since mom passed. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

shellyminnie
07-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Morning. This weekend was over too quick!!

I had a blast last night hanging out with Kristin, David, their kids, Kathy, and another Kim!! Illuminations was great as always and we had a perfect view on the boat!!

Back to reality today. :sad2:

klam_chowder
07-20-2009, 09:32 AM
haapppy monday folks! :wave2:

mainegal, :grouphug:

Donna, congrats on the wonderful news! :pixiedust:

Kat, tell John to make sure he puts stuff around the bottom of the shed to keep Chip & Dale & their friends out, or he will have to come down and visit us to pick up our ACME Corp supplies! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Hope it's a great week for everyone! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 09:53 AM

I had a blast last night hanging out with Kristin, David, their kids, Kathy, and another Kim!! Illuminations was great as always and we had a perfect view on the boat!!

Glad you had a good time, it always flies when you are having fun though :sad2:

I take it you did the Illuminations boat cruise? Where abouts does the boat stop? What happens before Illuminations? Do you go around the lake?
We're doing it in September and was just wondering what happens! And do you know if you can take your own drinks aboard? Sorry for all the questions! TIA :thumbsup2

parrotheadlois
07-20-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi Becx! Hi Gav! Hi Paul!

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!!

:rolleyes1

jeanigor
07-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Good Morning friends!!! The weekend here would have fit in better in the autumn, but it was still enjoyable.

I hope the coming week finds everyone safe and in good health.

Lyn, my condolences again on your mom.

parrotheadlois
07-20-2009, 10:03 AM
Good morning.

Take care of yourself, this will be such a stressful week for you.:grouphug:

safetymom
07-20-2009, 10:06 AM

I had a great time last night. I will have a blog up about it later. They did have Coke products on board along with some bagged snacks.

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 10:09 AM

This reminds me of a Sesame Street song :rotfl: 'These are the people in your neighbourhood' :rockband: or something like that!

Hey there Lois :yay: I daren't go on AC - it's gonna be a total mess :scared: Have you played much recently? Even if my town is a disaster I will come visit you guys soon! I'll see if the microphone (from HSM Sing It!) works instead of Wii speak. We've yet to visit Yvet and Emiel (need their friend code :rolleyes:) too but hpefully we'll do that soon!

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 10:10 AM
I had a great time last night. I will have a blog up about it later. They did have Coke products on board along with some bagged snacks.

That's good to know - thanks Kathy :thumbsup2

jeanigor
07-20-2009, 10:15 AM

This reminds me of a Sesame Street song :rotfl: 'These are the people in your neighbourhood' :rockband: or something like that!

I get Mr. Rodger's Neighbourhood.

But Lois, I will be your neighbour.:goodvibes
And Becx, I'll gladly also be in your neighbourhood.:goodvibes:goodvibes

shellyminnie
07-20-2009, 10:18 AM
Glad you had a good time, it always flies when you are having fun though :sad2:

I take it you did the Illuminations boat cruise? Where abouts does the boat stop? What happens before Illuminations? Do you go around the lake?
We're doing it in September and was just wondering what happens! And do you know if you can take your own drinks aboard? Sorry for all the questions! TIA :thumbsup2

Yes we did an Illuminations boat cruise. The boat stops underneath the bridge that is in front of the International Gateway. We left the dock at the Yacht club, rode down around DHS, and came back to Epcot and sat underneath the bridge until the show, then turned around and came back to the dock. There were drinks and snacks on board. It was a blast!! You will have a great time!!

parrotheadlois
07-20-2009, 10:21 AM
or Mr. Rogers' neighborhood, maybe you're too young. :goodvibes

but I remember the Sesame Street song too! (from my kids).

Yes, we are STILL playing AC! Unfortunately, the time difference makes it difficult, and we'll be busy this weekend.

We have to make a play date, that's all there is, you and us and Yvette and Emiel, we'll help you get your town back into shape. We'll visit you (:

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 11:11 AM

Ok, but be warned those darn magpies had us awake at 5.30am again :headache: I need my sleep :cloud9:

There was also an amusing song by a band called Space (were around in the late 90's, from Liverpool) who did a song called Neighbourhood - wouldn't fancy living there much :eek:

Yes we did an Illuminations boat cruise. The boat stops underneath the bridge that is in front of the International Gateway. We left the dock at the Yacht club, rode down around DHS, and came back to Epcot and sat underneath the bridge until the show, then turned around and came back to the dock. There were drinks and snacks on board. It was a blast!! You will have a great time!!

Cool, thanks so much for the info - we're doing it our first night with 2 x newbies (as well as Carol and Michael - the grandparents from PCC 1.0 and Kate - Wishspirit and her mother) so that should be a great start to their vacation :lovestruc :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: 2 months 'til we're there :woohoo: :woohoo:

or Mr. Rogers' neighborhood, maybe you're too young. :goodvibes

but I remember the Sesame Street song too! (from my kids).

Yes, we are STILL playing AC! Unfortunately, the time difference makes it difficult, and we'll be busy this weekend.

We have to make a play date, that's all there is, you and us and Yvette and Emiel, we'll help you get your town back into shape. We'll visit you (:

Yes will do, very kind of you to offer :goodvibes - Emiel are you reading this :rotfl: we'll all have a play together :banana: :banana:

sshaw10060
07-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Morning all. I haven't been around since Friday since I spent the weekend at the hospital with my FIL who was just diagnosed with lymphoma. I wish the hospital would provide Wi-Fi. It would make hanging out hour after hour less painful. Hopefully he'll be home today or tomorrow.

Now I have to decide about the cruise we are planning on in November. Final payment is due soon and I have no clue how he'll be feeling next week much less in 3 months.

Becx N Gav
07-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Morning all. I haven't been around since Friday since I spent the weekend at the hospital with my FIL who was just diagnosed with lymphoma. I wish the hospital would provide Wi-Fi. It would make hanging out hour after hour less painful. Hopefully he'll be home today or tomorrow.

Now I have to decide about the cruise we are planning on in November. Final payment is due soon and I have no clue how he'll be feeling next week much less in 3 months.

:hug: Scott, so sorry to hear you are going through this - the waiting is awful. I hope you see an improvement in your FIL's health to make the decision easier.

scarlett873
07-20-2009, 12:14 PM
:hug: to you Scott...

So talk about drama this morning...I received an IM from a friend. She and I don't usually talk via IM on FB...it's usually through e-mail. So this IM pops up and says that she's in trouble and needs help. I'm immediately on alert...i've been friends with these girls for nearly 20 years now, but we haven't talked in awhile. She says that she was mugged and needed help. I ask where she is...I literally had my keys in hand as she lives here in Indy. She tells me she's in London and then asks for money. This puts me on red alert right away. She's very close with her family and any of them would do whatever they had to in order to get her home and make sure she's safe. Since i'm suspicious, I tell her that I can't help financially right now and ask if she's been able to contact her sisters. No response...I immediately send messages to her sisters as I no longer have their numbers in my cell. One of the sisters messages me back and says that someone hacked into her sister's account...she's not in London and she hasn't been mugged...

So to those of you who have FB accounts...beware! Make sure that you have strong passwords!! I don't know how this person got into her account...if they figured out her password or what, but I just thought i'd pass along the warning...

kimisabella
07-20-2009, 12:27 PM

So talk about drama this morning...I received an IM from a friend. She and I don't usually talk via IM on FB...it's usually through e-mail. So this IM pops up and says that she's in trouble and needs help. I'm immediately on alert...i've been friends with these girls for nearly 20 years now, but we haven't talked in awhile. She says that she was mugged and needed help. I ask where she is...I literally had my keys in hand as she lives here in Indy. She tells me she's in London and then asks for money. This puts me on red alert right away. She's very close with her family and any of them would do whatever they had to in order to get her home and make sure she's safe. Since i'm suspicious, I tell her that I can't help financially right now and ask if she's been able to contact her sisters. No response...I immediately send messages to her sisters as I no longer have their numbers in my cell. One of the sisters messages me back and says that someone hacked into her sister's account...she's not in London and she hasn't been mugged...

So to those of you who have FB accounts...beware! Make sure that you have strong passwords!! I don't know how this person got into her account...if they figured out her password or what, but I just thought i'd pass along the warning...

Brandie, the same thing happened to me about a month ago - but it was an email sent to my regular email account - didn't come up as spam or anything. It was the same exact message, stranded in London, needed money, ect... The "real" person then emailed everyone a few hours later, said she was fine,and said her account was hacked into.

katscradle
07-20-2009, 12:29 PM

Scott I am sorry to hear about your FIL, and don't know what to tell you in regards to the cruise. :grouphug::grouphug:

Brandie thanks for passing that along, I have a pretty simple password, maybe I should change it. Talk about scarry! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I also want to say Good Morning guy's :thumbsup2
I had a great weekend, thanks guy's. :)

Disneybridein2k3
07-20-2009, 12:47 PM
Monday already? Weekend was good - Saturday was lazy :cloud9: and yesterday we went to a retirement party for one of DH's co-workers. They did a field party with a pig roast and keg. The guy retiring is a police officer so we had a bunch of cops acting like kids. The guy who was hosting the party has a store on his property where he sells guns so all of the drunk cops were buying guns. As my husband was perusing the long guns, I kept thinking of Don for some reason. (Thanks Shanan for helping me with my spelling on FB :))

Disneybridein2k3
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM

:hug: to you Scott! Is it hodgkins or non-hodgkins? DH is in remission for 5 years now with Hodgkins 2B and we were told that the tx is quite successful. Best of luck to your FIL - I'll add him to my prayer list.

scarlett873
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Brandie, the same thing happened to me about a month ago - but it was an email sent to my regular email account - didn't come up as spam or anything. It was the same exact message, stranded in London, needed money, ect... The "real" person then emailed everyone a few hours later, said she was fine,and said her account was hacked into.Other people are commenting on her wall now and whoever this was just seemed to go down the friends list to see who would give her money. They gave different locations...Texas, London...Weird. So far, no one sent money...we were all smarter than that!

Scott I am sorry to hear about your FIL, and don't know what to tell you in regards to the cruise. :grouphug::grouphug:

Brandie thanks for passing that along, I have a pretty simple password, maybe I should change it. Talk about scarry! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I also want to say Good Morning guy's :thumbsup2
I had a great weekend, thanks guy's. :)I tend to use weird passwords. Like song lyrics...I'll take the first letter of each word in a song lyric. My IT guy was always happy that his password cracking software couldn't crack my passwords! (He would run tests every now and then on people's passwords to make sure they were secure) And mix up the lower and upper case letters...heck i've been known to use a 1 or ! for the letter I. My passwords are pretty secure...:thumbsup2

corky441
07-20-2009, 02:03 PM

Scott, so sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope everything works out for him.

I know it's a hard thing to think about, but did you get trip insurance? It might be easier to make that final payment knowing that if necessary, you'll not be losing the $$$

Madi100
07-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Life is just a bit stressful right now :( We have to be out of our house in 3 weeks. No big deal. We found a great house to rent, great price, six month lease. Super. However, DH is putting in for a different job. Just found out on Saturday. IF he gets it, it works out great because we've sold our house. However, I'm going to be homeless in 3 weeks. The town he put in for doesn't even have a hotel. Believe it or not, it would be considered a job promotion. But, I have no place to live. And the type of house I want to live in is not readily available in Podunk. So, it would mean renting and building. That is all ok. But, he might not know for 2 weeks whether or not he got it.

winotracy
07-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Scott, so sorry to hear about your FIL. I hope everything works out for him.

I know it's a hard thing to think about, but did you get trip insurance? It might be easier to make that final payment knowing that if necessary, you'll not be losing the $$$

Be careful with this. He should check the trip insurance policy before proceeding to find out if this would be covered or not. If it is a DCL cruise and you have DCL insurance, if the reason is not covered, you can apply the amount paid (less the cost of the insurance) to another date. There may be exclusions or restrictions that are not known unless you check it out first.

Scott my thoughts are with you and your family.

firsttimemom
07-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Good afternoon everyone. Life is just a bit stressful right now :( We have to be out of our house in 3 weeks. No big deal. We found a great house to rent, great price, six month lease. Super. However, DH is putting in for a different job. Just found out on Saturday. IF he gets it, it works out great because we've sold our house. However, I'm going to be homeless in 3 weeks. The town he put in for doesn't even have a hotel. Believe it or not, it would be considered a job promotion. But, I have no place to live. And the type of house I want to live in is not readily available in Podunk. So, it would mean renting and building. That is all ok. But, he might not know for 2 weeks whether or not he got it.

Wow- moving is always stressful but you guys really know how to add a little extra in there! Are there towns not too far from Podunk that might have houses for your? Will you guys be able to move/get settled before school starts? My stomach is churning for you!

Madi100
07-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Wow- moving is always stressful but you guys really know how to add a little extra in there! Are there towns not too far from Podunk that might have houses for your? Will you guys be able to move/get settled before school starts? My stomach is churning for you!

When you run a business, you live in Podunk and support Podunk, especially if you live in Podunk. If you live in a city, no one cares where you live. There is a very small sleeper community not too far from Podunk, and it is all brand new homes. Not an option for us.

tlcoke
07-20-2009, 07:03 PM
Other people are commenting on her wall now and whoever this was just seemed to go down the friends list to see who would give her money. They gave different locations...Texas, London...Weird. So far, no one sent money...we were all smarter than that!

I tend to use weird passwords. Like song lyrics...I'll take the first letter of each word in a song lyric. My IT guy was always happy that his password cracking software couldn't crack my passwords! (He would run tests every now and then on people's passwords to make sure they were secure) And mix up the lower and upper case letters...heck i've been known to use a 1 or ! for the letter I. My passwords are pretty secure...:thumbsup2

A few weeks back there were "Videos" being sent that appeared to be from a Friend of yours that was the Key to unlocking your account if you opened it on a PC based computer - Macs appeared to be immune to it. I recommend you change your password to your account just in case.

katscradle
07-20-2009, 08:00 PM
Wow Nicole!
Hang in there, I will be thinking of you.

A.Mickey
07-20-2009, 09:22 PM
Nicole- I am sure everything will work out for the best :hug:

Lyn- So sorry for your loss :flower3::grouphug:

Scott- Sorry to hear about your FIL. Here is some :wizard:.

Brandie- That is crazy about your friends email. My Paypal account got hacked into and money was taken out and transferred to skype about a month ago. Weird?!?

Hope everyone has a good week, and I will see some of you for Uno on Friday night! :yay:

guynwdm
07-20-2009, 10:28 PM

I met Mr Roger's in 1993, He was an incredible man. I almost could not go to work the day he died. He was the key note speaker at a conference in Anaheim and the arena was packed, SRO and 15 minute standing ovation when he came out and changed his shoes and put on his sweater and stood to talk. I got his autograph and a picture with him... It was amazing

I had my american express hacked as well. somehow they got the pin code and were changing my address to London. (sensing a pattern here) AE called me within 30 minutes and asked if I had moved and by that point there were already 6000 in charges. I was just relieved they only got that card and it was not an identity theft to deal with. They were awesome about canceling the charges and being on top of the theft.

Hope she is able to get it stopped.

aGoofyMom
07-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Hi all....:upsidedownightshift again...

Scott - :grouphug: I hope you can sort out what you need to.

Nicole :scared1: - remember to breathe.

Brandie - yikes! Scary...I'm going to be checking my passwords tonight for sure!

I got to try Bollywood dance this weekend - FUN! and the location where the workshop was held offers Zumba classes...I MAY check it out once I see how the fall schedules work out.

We are getting a shed this week. Note- "getting" DH has many great qualities, but building, renos etc are NOT high on the list. It will be installed for us on Thursday. Since he wanted to work from home to be here for it, we are dropping my car off for new tires as well. This is a good thing - it was getting a little scary on wet roads.
Guess I am staying close to home this week - no Safari for me. I am off mostly week days this week.

Becx N Gav
07-21-2009, 03:15 AM

Good to know the sort of scams that go on! The worrying thing is if someone was really in trouble you may not believe them :scared1: Glad to hear your friend is not in trouble though :goodvibes

Nicole, I hope you hear something sooner - it's horrible when you don't know what is going to happen, I'm such a planner so when things aren't certain I get a bit stressed :hug: I hope you find a solution.

I met Mr Roger's in 1993, He was an incredible man. I almost could not go to work the day he died. He was the key note speaker at a conference in Anaheim and the arena was packed, SRO and 15 minute standing ovation when he came out and changed his shoes and put on his sweater and stood to talk. I got his autograph and a picture with him... It was amazing

I had my american express hacked as well. somehow they got the pin code and were changing my address to London. (sensing a pattern here) AE called me within 30 minutes and asked if I had moved and by that point there were already 6000 in charges. I was just relieved they only got that card and it was not an identity theft to deal with. They were awesome about canceling the charges and being on top of the theft.

Hope she is able to get it stopped.

Strange how they all use London :lmao: I'm sure that is not their real location - just somewhere other than where the person actually is :confused3

Launchpad11B
07-21-2009, 05:03 AM
Mornin' peeps. It's Tuesday, lets make it a good one! :goodvibes

tlcoke
07-21-2009, 06:02 AM
Good Morning Paul, Becky & Everyone!

I hope everyone has a Good Tuesday! Mine is starting out better than Monday did, at least the ceiling is intact this morning, unlike yesterday's mess.

Off to go walking. Have a good day.

Becx N Gav
07-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Morning Paul and Tracey :thumbsup2

Seems to have stopped raining and report is good for the weekend :cool1:

Have a great day!

katscradle
07-21-2009, 06:12 AM
Good morning guy's! :)
There's the big news conferance this morning at 9 am, where they will probably be stating that they found the body of 8 year old Tory Stafford.:sad2:
However the parents are saying that this will at least allow them closure.
God how I feel for those parent's.:sad2::sad2:

georgemoe
07-21-2009, 06:41 AM
Good morning everyone. :wave: A little rain here today. Good thing I cut the lawn last night. :)

kymickeyfan717
07-21-2009, 06:46 AM
Morn all - have a good Tuesday

aGoofyMom
07-21-2009, 06:58 AM
There's the big news conferance this morning at 9 am, where they will probably be stating that they found the body of 8 year old Tory Stafford.:sad2:

Dang. I am likely going to have to stay up and watch that. She was less than one year older than Siri. I can't imagine what that family has gone through and will go through with the courts to follow. :sad1::sad1:

cocowum
07-21-2009, 07:00 AM
Morning everyone. :surfweb: Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! :goodvibes

kab407
07-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Morning everyone. :surfweb: Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! :goodvibes

Good Morning!

Glad Upstate NY is having great weather. It's ppouring in Central NJ.

UrsulasShadow
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Pretty wet here in Plymouth, too. But, off to work I go! Have a great day, everyone!

shellyminnie
07-21-2009, 07:54 AM
Morning!

Apparently I was more tired that I thought I was. Went to sleep at 9:30 last night and slept 10 hours straight!!! I never do that!!

Bright and sunny here today!!

tinkbutt
07-21-2009, 08:13 AM
morning all....

off to work myself... Busy week my DBF's birthday is today, My sister is coming down from WV today, and Tomorrow I am driving up to see my dad for a few days.

kimisabella
07-21-2009, 09:35 AM
Morning all - it's a wet soggy day here today. We've had some pretty beautiful weather for a while, so some rain definatley won't hurt!

klam_chowder
07-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Happy Tuesday folks! :wave2:

Scott, all the best to you and your FIL :grouphug:

Shanan, that completely sucks :headache: just curious if PayPal reversed the charge? :confused3

cheers,

Madi100
07-21-2009, 10:44 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a rainy, dreary day here. More drama in our lives. James' assistant manager is being moved. His company is very similar to the Firm, you remember the movie. They are very secretive and move them quickly. Like he's gone now. We had a vacation planned for this weekend and now James can't leave :( One day soon life will settle down :)

maroo
07-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a rainy, dreary day here. More drama in our lives. James' assistant manager is being moved. His company is very similar to the Firm, you remember the movie. They are very secretive and move them quickly. Like he's gone now. We had a vacation planned for this weekend and now James can't leave :( One day soon life will settle down :)

Wow. The Firm. That sounds like it is not a good thing? :scared:

corky441
07-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Good Morning all -

Guess I'll chime in with the local weather - Western NY - grey, gloomy & rain

This has been one disappointing summer so far :sad2:

MenashaCorp
07-21-2009, 12:59 PM
:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybarI'm having Mickey Bars on PCC 2.0, since we seemed to miss that on the 1st one... :banana:

There. Cruise mentioned. Now we take you back to your regularly scheduled fluff... ;)

popcorn::

Madi100
07-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Wow. The Firm. That sounds like it is not a good thing? :scared:

He works for a great company. He LOVES his job. It's just crazy when it comes to moving people how secretive they can be.

Becx N Gav
07-21-2009, 03:16 PM

Those poor people :hug: as you say it's closure but the hope is still there until that point :sad1:

morning all....

off to work myself... Busy week my DBF's birthday is today, My sister is coming down from WV today, and Tomorrow I am driving up to see my dad for a few days.

Have a safe trip and :bday: to your DBF :cool1:

Sounds like something from Prison Break or something :confused3 Hope things smooth out a bit :hug:

:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybarI'm having Mickey Bars on PCC 2.0, since we seemed to miss that on the 1st one... :banana:

There. Cruise mentioned. Now we take you back to your regularly scheduled fluff... ;)

:offtopic: ........................ oh wait :upsidedow

kab407
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM

What do you mean by fluff?

There are very serious discussions that go on in these threads.

Yea, right, look who I'm talking to!

Hey Jason! :hug:

georgemoe
07-21-2009, 05:17 PM
:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar I'm having Mickey Bars on PCC 2.0, since we seemed to miss that on the 1st one... :banana:

By all means please. As long as you bring the cuppy cup to dinner again. :banana:

A.Mickey
07-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I met Mr Roger's in 1993, He was an incredible man. I almost could not go to work the day he died. He was the key note speaker at a conference in Anaheim and the arena was packed, SRO and 15 minute standing ovation when he came out and changed his shoes and put on his sweater and stood to talk. I got his autograph and a picture with him... It was amazing.

Oh my gosh!! That is AWESOME!! I would looooveee to see your picture:rolleyes:!

Shanan, that completely sucks :headache: just curious if PayPal reversed the charge? :confused3

That they did, but I kinda had to jump through hoops to do it. They needed to make sure I was actually me after it happened. So I had to get a phone call from them at the line that is at my house.....but since I don't have a lan line they could not do it. I then had to wait for the pin code to come to my house and then it was finally all cleared up. There was something else I had to do too, but I am just glad they take the steps to make sure it is super secure!

:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybarI'm having Mickey Bars on PCC 2.0, since we seemed to miss that on the 1st one...

What!!?!?!?! You didn't have a mickey bar on the 1st one! You know, you can get them delievered for room service? Jason and I had one, I think every night!!! Don't forget! I will remind you every day, if I have to!;)

Becx N Gav
07-22-2009, 04:51 AM
Morning all :goodvibes hope everyone has a good day - almost to the half way point :cool1:

Today is looking slow work wise :sad2: hope it goes quick

Launchpad11B
07-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Mornin' Becx! Have a good Wednesday everyone. :goodvibes

tlcoke
07-22-2009, 06:20 AM
Good Morning Becky, Paul & Everyone! Happy Wednesday!! Podcast Day!! & Chat Day!! Yeah!!

It is raining today, we will be lucky if we hit 70 degrees today. Is this really July??? Feels more like early April or October.

We are on track to setting a weather record for the coolest July on record since they been keeping track of weather stats - never hitting 90 degrees once during the entire month.

kymickeyfan717
07-22-2009, 06:31 AM
Morn all from a soggy Louisville. Hope all have a good "hump" day

Becx N Gav
07-22-2009, 06:37 AM
Good Morning Becky, Paul & Everyone! Happy Wednesday!! Podcast Day!! & Chat Day!! Yeah!!

It is raining today, we will be lucky if we hit 70 degrees today. Is this really July??? Feels more like early April or October.

We are on track to setting a weather record for the coolest July on record since they been keeping track of weather stats - never hitting 90 degrees once during the entire month.

Morning :thumbsup2

Oh yeah I forgot it was the Podcast day :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Something to look forward to!

We had a nice June but July here has been a bit cool and wet - though last year we didn't even get a summer :sad2: so it's better than that!

sshaw10060
07-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Good morning all. I didn't get on the boards yesterday so I am just now reading all your kind thoughts about my FIL. He started chemo yesterday and will be have this afternoon after spending 16 days in the hospital. His TV blew-up last week, so I have a new flat screen in my car I need to go install this morning.

I think I am going to cancel his cruise reservation. If the Dr. gives the OK when we get closer we'll rebook. It will probably cost a few more $, but makes the most sense.

I cant wait to hear the podcast today.

georgemoe
07-22-2009, 07:10 AM
Morning all :goodvibes hope everyone has a good day - almost to the half way point :cool1:

Good morning Becx. :wave2:

Mornin' Becx! Have a good Wednesday everyone. :goodvibes

Hey Paul. Good morning!

Good morning all. I didn't get on the boards yesterday so I am just now reading all your kind thoughts about my FIL. He started chemo yesterday and will be have this afternoon after spending 16 days in the hospital. His TV blew-up last week, so I have a new flat screen in my car I need to go install this morning.

I think I am going to cancel his cruise reservation. If the Dr. gives the OK when we get closer we'll rebook. It will probably cost a few more $, but makes the most sense.

I cant wait to hear the podcast today.

Hey Scott. Your FIL is in our prayers. :)

Hope everyone has a great day. :woohoo:

CinderellasSister
07-22-2009, 08:00 AM
'Morning Everyone! Hope you all have a good Wednesday! Thank goodness the week is almost over!

aGoofyMom
07-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Mornin' all!

It is foggy, damp, and grey - a perfect day to get the indoor chores done. Of course the podcast will make it go quicker...is it up yet? :surfweb:

klam_chowder
07-22-2009, 09:47 AM
Happy Hump Day folks! :wave2:

Morning all - it's a wet soggy day here today. We've had some pretty beautiful weather for a while, so some rain definatley won't hurt!

Hey Andrea, how did the rehearsal dinner & all go? Hopefully you've recovered by now! ;)

Good Morning all -Guess I'll chime in with the local weather - Western NY - grey, gloomy & rain. This has been one disappointing summer so far :sad2:

:headache: wettest July on record for the past 66 yearS! :sad2:

Shanan, great to hear it all worked out. Wow, talk about :scared1: I feel vindicated in taking off our bank acct and just using a cc for our PayPal acct. :hug:

Scott, continued best wishes for your FIL's treatment. That's a good decision to re-book him on the cruise when you know. It will be one less thing that can cause more stress to your family. :grouphug:

Some exciting news for me...I was looking at our Dec travel dates with DH :rolleyes1, and we noticed that with the way Christmas dayoff dates fall by the time we come back from Ft. Lauderdale, DH would not have to go to work. :rolleyes: So he said we could drive up to Orlando and spend 6 days there! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: So we're going to check out KSC, US and SW. What this really means is that pre & post cruise v2.0, we can spend time with you crazies instead of our original plan of staying offsite to check out those dark side places :dance3: :dance3:

cheers,

kimisabella
07-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Happy Wednesday everyone - it is a beautiful day here on the island!

Hey Andrea, how did the rehearsal dinner & all go? Hopefully you've recovered by now! ;)

Hi Karen - everything went really well, the weather turned out to be perfect and everyone was happy. I have a few pics if you would like to see...

This was at the rehearsal - Isabella & my sisters two boys
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/6096_1184017327708_1446496694_52025.jpg

Flowergirl Isabella & my sister Rachel
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/5216_1194817472702_1296393137_30543.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/6096_1184018727743_1446496694_52028.jpg

my girls in the limo
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/6096_1184019447761_1446496694_52030.jpg

my sister Lindsay, my mother & I
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/6096_1184018967749_1446496694_52029.jpg

Family shot
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/5216_1194080574280_1296393137_30540.jpg

Bride & Groom
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/RachelAndrew71809090.jpg

End of night - all 4 kids fell asleep in the bridal suite at the reception
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/6096_1184021567814_1446496694_52035.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/kimisabella/6096_1184021607815_1446496694_52035.jpg

DVCsince02
07-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Everyone looks beautiful and very happy, Andrea. :)

corky441
07-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Andrea,

Your daughters looked beautiful - just like little princesses princess:princess:

Your nephews look like they're going to grow up to be quite the charmers ;)

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding

jeanigor
07-22-2009, 11:51 AM

Andrea,

Your daughters looked beautiful - just like little princesses princess:princess:

Ditto what they said!!!

kimisabella
07-22-2009, 12:11 PM

Thanks Jen

Andrea,

Thanks Marilee - my nephews are ALREADY charmers, they are 15 months apart and a handful!

Ditto what they said!!!

Thanks Todd!

katscradle
07-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Good afternoon everyone. :)

Andrea everyone looks so beautiful.
Glad everything went great! :thumbsup2

cocowum
07-22-2009, 07:05 PM
Great pictures Andrea! :goodvibes You have a beautiful family. :goodvibes

A.Mickey
07-22-2009, 10:03 PM
:Some exciting news for me...I was looking at our Dec travel dates with DH :rolleyes1, and we noticed that with the way Christmas dayoff dates fall by the time we come back from Ft. Lauderdale, DH would not have to go to work. :rolleyes: So he said we could drive up to Orlando and spend 6 days there! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: So we're going to check out KSC, US and SW. What this really means is that pre & post cruise v2.0, we can spend time with you crazies instead of our original plan of staying offsite to check out those dark side places :dance3: :dance3:

WOO HOO!! So does that mean you will be at DAP? Or is this about next year?

Andrea, your family is gorgeous! Your girls are super cute!!! What a beautiful wedding!!:bride::yay::yay::yay:

Becx N Gav
07-23-2009, 03:02 AM
Andrea - it's lovely to see those pics - you all looked stunning :goodvibes

I hope the day went without a hitch?

Morning all - hope it's a good Thursday for everyone, nearly Friday :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
I can't wait for the weekend - hopefully it'll be a nice relaxing one :cool1:

Launchpad11B
07-23-2009, 05:11 AM
Mornin'Becx! :goodvibes

tlcoke
07-23-2009, 06:05 AM
Happy Thursday Everyone!

Morning Paul & Becky!

I missed Chat last night so fill me in on what I missed. Work is picking up, as we get closer to Fall Semester starting, and I was exhausted and I went to bed early last night.

Dry day here today, but calling for more rain this weekend.

kymickeyfan717
07-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Morn all - hope all have a great day

Emiel
07-23-2009, 06:42 AM
Goodmorning Becx, Paul, Tracey and everyone!

I'm about to have lunch. Just 19 weeks and 1 day until we leave for Florida again (but who is counting?)

Have a great day.

georgemoe
07-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Good morning all. :wizard:

Have a fantastic day!

cocowum
07-23-2009, 08:18 AM
Morning friends. Happy Thursday! :goodvibes

OKW Lover
07-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Good morning all - my work-day is half over.

kab407
07-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Good Morning!

Almost Friday! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

shellyminnie
07-23-2009, 08:43 AM
Morning!!!

Lots of errands to run today. And maybe lunch with an old friend.

klam_chowder
07-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Morning Thursday folks :wave2: It's DH's Friday so I'm treating it like that too! :lmao:

Andrea - wow, what a gorgeous family you have! And your oldest's brows looked great :lovestruc - very natural princess: Fab to hear that the day went off perfectly. Your sis is very fortunate to have you helping her out so much! :grouphug:

WOO HOO!! So does that mean you will be at DAP? Or is this about next year?

:sad2: After the podcast cruise v1.0 DH said I could do DAP solo :cool1: But for the first time in FOREVER we were going to start our Christmas holidays a week before :santa: arrives so when I looked at tentative dates, it seemed like the dates would clash/cut too close with DAP. So I asked DH if I could switch DAP for ABD (boy, we like our abbrevs here :lmao::lmao:).

For the first time in a long while we were going to spend a couple of weeks visiting DH's folks over the holidays...

Then...dum dum dum dummmmm, after his folks came for their visit here with us, DH said he didn't want to go visit them :rolleyes1 He suggested I go find us a full transit Panama Canal cruise. :idea: The only dates that work for us coincide with DAP - cuz he won't sail during hurricane season :scared: and I didn't want dates that would cut into my Olympic or ABD trips. So while you guys are :cool1: at DAP, we will be on the boat. :sad1: Debarkation is in Ft. Lauderdale so we'll drive up to Orlando and spend a few days there. I'm excited to hear what the team has planned for y'all at DAP...I know it's gonna be :woohoo: We'll miss you guys! :grouphug:

cheers,

kimisabella
07-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Good afternoon everyone. :)

Andrea everyone looks so beautiful.
Glad everything went great! :thumbsup2

Thanks Katherine!!

Great pictures Andrea! :goodvibes You have a beautiful family. :goodvibes

Hi Alicia - thanks for the compliment

Andrea, your family is gorgeous! Your girls are super cute!!! What a beautiful wedding!!:bride::yay::yay::yay:

Hey Shanan - thanks! I've started to read your trip report - it's great!

Andrea - it's lovely to see those pics - you all looked stunning :goodvibes

I hope the day went without a hitch?

Hi Becky - thanks! We did have one minor complication - the zipper on Isabella's dress broke as we put it on her so my mother had to literally sew her into the dress and we had to cut her out of it at the end of the night!

Andrea - wow, what a gorgeous family you have! And your oldest's brows looked great :lovestruc - very natural princess: Fab to hear that the day went off perfectly. Your sis is very fortunate to have you helping her out so much! :grouphug:

Thanks Karen - her brows are still full even after the waxing - imagine what they looked like BEFORE they were waxed!! My sister is now on her honeymoon in Antigua, she is having a great time!

That's too bad you won't be able to join us for DAP, but, you will be having quite an adventure of your own. At least you guys will be coming on PCC 2.0 so we just have to wait a year longer to see you!

SamIAm21
07-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Hey Everyone! I have two small Disney events planned over the next few weeks, so I thought I would share. First, we are going to see the Christmas Carol Train here in Chicago, tomorrow. It's finally made its way to the midwest. Secondly, my daughter and I have decided to make the quest to Marceline, Missouri. Its about a six hour drive. We will probably go next week or the week after. There are two stops along the way there and back in Hannibal, Missouri (Mark Twain fans will appreciate that) and Springfield, Illinois. Go see the capital and all the Abe Lincoln "stuff".

The big event comes this October when we finally hit WDW and the F&W Festival!! October 8 through the 12th. Anyone else going to be there during this timeframe?

:cheer2:

OKW Lover
07-23-2009, 11:57 AM
The big event comes this October when we finally hit WDW and the F&W Festival!! October 8 through the 12th. Anyone else going to be there during this timeframe?

We're arriving late on the 11th.

corky441
07-23-2009, 12:01 PM
Morning all ( oops ) Afternoon now...

We won't be arriving until the 16th. The trips sound great - make sure we get all the details.

Oh and BTW - Emiel - Thanks for the Rotterdam weather info in your signature

dpuck1998
07-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Great photos Andrea! Looks like a great wedding!

sshaw10060
07-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Andrea the wedding looked like a blast.

My FIL came home from the hospital last night after 15 days. That was a big relief. I went and filled 15 prescriptions for him. It took me an hour to write out all the instructions so they were easily understood.

No DAP for us. We are still planning on our cruise in Nov since my mother still wants to go even in my FIL isn't up to it.

chirurgeon
07-23-2009, 12:24 PM
OK, I haven't been hanging out here. I always take a little down time after a vacation before I head back into the pool (and I have another vacation planned in between now and 2.0.) As far as the actual "planning" threads go. I know this isn't truly a planning thread. Hey I racked up some fairly respectable post counts for that last cruise thread group.

Any way, if this is wrong, please let me know:

ASK TRACY

How are check in and reservations for stuff on board handled if one person in the cabin is a member of the Castaway Club and the other is a first time cruisers? Checking in at the port I'm sure isn't a problem, but if we are making reservations for Palo or shore excursions, can I do it for both of us at the Castaway Club date?

Thanks,
Kim
(sticking my toe in the water)

winotracy
07-23-2009, 12:45 PM
OK, I haven't been hanging out here. I always take a little down time after a vacation before I head back into the pool (and I have another vacation planned in between now and 2.0.) As far as the actual "planning" threads go. I know this isn't truly a planning thread. Hey I racked up some fairly respectable post counts for that last cruise thread group.

Any way, if this is wrong, please let me know:

ASK TRACY

How are check in and reservations for stuff on board handled if one person in the cabin is a member of the Castaway Club and the other is a first time cruisers? Checking in at the port I'm sure isn't a problem, but if we are making reservations for Palo or shore excursions, can I do it for both of us at the Castaway Club date?

Thanks,
Kim
(sticking my toe in the water)

Hi Kim,

The lead guest will be listed as a Castaway Club member. The room will have to still be paid in full at the 90 day mark to make reservations for Palo and shore excursions, but you can do it for both of you at that time.

Tracy

aspen37
07-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave2: I haven't been over on this thread very much. With all of the other trips I'm planning it's hard to start getting excited this far out.

Wow Andrea what a beautiful family! The wedding looked beautiful as well. Congrats to your sister.

Becx N Gav
07-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Goodmorning Becx, Paul, Tracey and everyone!

I'm about to have lunch. Just 19 weeks and 1 day until we leave for Florida again (but who is counting?)

Have a great day.

Have you got anything booked yet? How long will you guys be there? We are hoping to stay over Christmas :santa:

Hi Becky - thanks! We did have one minor complication - the zipper on Isabella's dress broke as we put it on her so my mother had to literally sew her into the dress and we had to cut her out of it at the end of the night!

Good ole Mum :cloud9: Glad you were able to fix it :goodvibes

Karen - the cruise souds fab, how long does it take?

I was :rotfl: when you said DH changed his mind about seeing the inlaws over the holidays

chirurgeon
07-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Hi Kim,

The lead guest will be listed as a Castaway Club member. The room will have to still be paid in full at the 90 day mark to make reservations for Palo and shore excursions, but you can do it for both of you at that time.

Tracy

Thanks, Tracy. Nothing has changed with you, prompt as always.

Kim

Emiel
07-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Have you got anything booked yet? How long will you guys be there? We are hoping to stay over Christmas :santa:

Yes we have booked our tickets: leaving for Florida on December 4 and back again on December 20. So you :goodvibes should :goodvibes arrive no later than December 18!!!

kimisabella
07-23-2009, 06:37 PM
Great photos Andrea! Looks like a great wedding!

Thank you squishy - hope you are feeling well today!

Andrea the wedding looked like a blast.

My FIL came home from the hospital last night after 15 days. That was a big relief. I went and filled 15 prescriptions for him. It took me an hour to write out all the instructions so they were easily understood.

No DAP for us. We are still planning on our cruise in Nov since my mother still wants to go even in my FIL isn't up to it.

It was Scott, it's great that your FIL is home, everything always feels much better when you are in your own bed!

Hi Everyone! :wave2: I haven't been over on this thread very much. With all of the other trips I'm planning it's hard to start getting excited this far out.

Wow Andrea what a beautiful family! The wedding looked beautiful as well. Congrats to your sister.

Thanks for the compliments Anna!

Well today was a fun day here.... we are in the process of having our entire backyard and driveway ripped out and replaced. My brother in law owns a masonry company and is the one who is doing the work at our house. This afternoon they were installing a cobblestone apron in our driveway, and were moving pallets of stones around with the bobcat.
One of the workers got off the bobcat, and says he pulled the brake, but, it started to go down the street. Our house is on a hill, so the bobcat went flying down the street, with my brother in law chasing after it, and smashed into one of my neighbors cars. It did extensive damage to the rear of his huge Denali, and the worst part about it is that he uses that truck to take his boat down to the marina on the weekends.... We feel so bad, I'm just glad that thing didn't kill anyone while it was going down the street - it traveled a good 400 feet or so...... Only us :sad2:

katscradle
07-23-2009, 06:58 PM

It was Scott, it's great that your FIL is home, everything always feels much better when you are in your own bed!

Thanks for the compliments Anna!

Well today was a fun day here.... we are in the process of having our entire backyard and driveway ripped out and replaced. My brother in law owns a masonry company and is the one who is doing the work at our house. This afternoon they were installing a cobblestone apron in our driveway, and were moving pallets of stones around with the bobcat.
One of the workers got off the bobcat, and says he pulled the brake, but, it started to go down the street. Our house is on a hill, so the bobcat went flying down the street, with my brother in law chasing after it, and smashed into one of my neighbors cars. It did extensive damage to the rear of his huge Denali, and the worst part about it is that he uses that truck to take his boat down to the marina on the weekends.... We feel so bad, I'm just glad that thing didn't kill anyone while it was going down the street - it traveled a good 400 feet or so...... Only us :sad2:

WOW! Talk about scary!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

tlcoke
07-23-2009, 07:02 PM

I don't arrive until late evening on the 15th, so I will just miss you. I will be there October 16 - 24 then departing early on the 25th.

A.Mickey
07-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Hey Shanan - thanks! I've started to read your trip report - it's great!

We did have one minor complication - the zipper on Isabella's dress broke as we put it on her so my mother had to literally sew her into the dress and we had to cut her out of it at the end of the night!

That's too bad you won't be able to join us for DAP, but, you will be having quite an adventure of your own. At least you guys will be coming on PCC 2.0 so we just have to wait a year longer to see you!

Woo hoo! Another reader! Yay! Jaime helped me out today by giving me a plug on her TR! It sure is fun reliving the cruise!!

Wow! I can't believe that she literally had to sew the dress on her and cut her out!!!! Too Funny!!! :rotfl2:

We aren't going to DAP either! But we will be on 2.0! I wouldn't miss it for the World!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

Hey Everyone! I have two small Disney events planned over the next few weeks, so I thought I would share. First, we are going to see the Christmas Carol Train here in Chicago, tomorrow. It's finally made its way to the midwest. Secondly, my daughter and I have decided to make the quest to Marceline, Missouri. Its about a six hour drive. We will probably go next week or the week after. There are two stops along the way there and back in Hannibal, Missouri (Mark Twain fans will appreciate that) and Springfield, Illinois. Go see the capital and all the Abe Lincoln "stuff".

That sounds Great! I didn't know the Christmas Carol Train is in town this weekend! Where is it located?

I am glad that your FIL is home from the hospital! I hope he feels up to the cruise when the time comes! Keep us posted!

Oh WOW!!! :scared1: That is crazy!! I am really glad no one was hurt, and that it didn't crash into anyone's house!!!

We had a nice day at Hurricane Harbor. I took a planned sick day and lounged around and played with Aaron in the water. We rode the train around Great America and had to go on the Great American Raceway, where Aaron got to drive the car! Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC Friday and a great weekend! Can you believe it is almost August?!?!?

tinkbutt
07-23-2009, 11:20 PM
well I'm back from my short visit to see my Dad. we had a great visit!! BUT...... last night when everyone went to sleep it started...... on one side of me my sister is snoring in my ear then in the bed on my other side my father is snoring. So what happens to me over the next few hours I lay there unable to block any of this out and fall asleep. So I end up trying to get as far away from them as possible in the room(AKA in front of the exit door and the bathroom door) and sleep on the hard floor!!! not only am I not able to sleep in a bed but now I am on the floor with a towel for a blanket ( at least it is my tinkerbell disney blanket not the tiny hotel towel!!) so needless to say I got no sleep!!! it was awful!!:sad2:

klam_chowder
07-24-2009, 12:48 AM
TGIF folks! :wave2:

Scott, continued pixiedust: being sent to your family's way! :goodvibes

like ABD??? :banana: :banana: :banana: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Becky, the cruise is 15 days as it goes thru all 3 locks. Some cruises go half-way and turnaround, they're 10 days. :sail: And you're so right about the in-laws...glad it wasn't my decision :lmao: :lmao:

Andrea, :eek: :scared: very scary, glad no one was hurt. :grouphug: Hope the rest of the driveway work goes smoothly pixiedust: It'll look wonderful when it's done and in a few years, you'll have a good story to laugh over at the family dinners. :upsidedow

It's the weekend for us already - hope everyone has a fab one too! :thumbsup2

cheers,

Becx N Gav
07-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Yes we have booked our tickets: leaving for Florida on December 4 and back again on December 20. So you :goodvibes should :goodvibes arrive no later than December 18!!!

Are you talking about DAP? I was talking about PCC 2.0 :lmao: We can't make it this Dec, we'd already booked a trip for Sept (less than 2 months to go :woohoo: :woohoo:

For PCC 2.0 we're gonna arrive 10th Dec - about 27th or 28th Dec - fingers crossed we can get our choice of the DVC rooms ;)

Woo hoo! Another reader! Yay! Jaime helped me out today by giving me a plug on her TR! It sure is fun reliving the cruise!!

I caught up last night :goodvibes it's great to see all your pics and find out what you guys did :thumbsup2

well I'm back from my short visit to see my Dad. we had a great visit!! BUT...... last night when everyone went to sleep it started...... on one side of me my sister is snoring in my ear then in the bed on my other side my father is snoring. So what happens to me over the next few hours I lay there unable to block any of this out and fall asleep. So I end up trying to get as far away from them as possible in the room(AKA in front of the exit door and the bathroom door) and sleep on the hard floor!!! not only am I not able to sleep in a bed but now I am on the floor with a towel for a blanket ( at least it is my tinkerbell disney blanket not the tiny hotel towel!!) so needless to say I got no sleep!!! it was awful!!:sad2:

Oh I hate that so much - I need my sleep or I am not fun to be around :rotfl:

Was it just the one night? It would be awful if it was every night :scared: Hope you can catch up on your sleep and you aren't too sore :hug:

Becx N Gav
07-24-2009, 03:48 AM
Morning all - finally TGIF

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Launchpad11B
07-24-2009, 05:13 AM

:cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

Mornin' Becx. :hug: Happy Friday everyone! The weekend is almost here. Enjoy it! :thumbsup2

tlcoke
07-24-2009, 06:08 AM

Happy Friday!!!!
Good Morning Becky, Paul & Everyone!

It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just hope I don't have to work tomorrow, I won't know for sure until later in the day. :scared1:

kymickeyfan717
07-24-2009, 06:39 AM
Happy Friday all!! Got a big night tomorrow night. Going to see Brooks & Dunn in concert. Can't wait to see them.

Hope all have a good weekend....

Emiel
07-24-2009, 07:43 AM
Are you talking about DAP? I was talking about PCC 2.0 :lmao: We can't make it this Dec, we'd already booked a trip for Sept (less than 2 months to go :woohoo: :woohoo:

For PCC 2.0 we're gonna arrive 10th Dec - about 27th or 28th Dec - fingers crossed we can get our choice of the DVC rooms ;)

OK. I feel better now. Yvette and I were already discussing this: going in Sep and then in Dec again. And we are supposed to have Oprah money ... :lmao:

And no, no tickets for Dec 2010 yet. They won't be available until Jan 2010, so that will have to wait.

BTW: Goodmorning everyone, Happy Friday. :cool1:

georgemoe
07-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Good morning DISpeeps! :wave:

Very wet morning here which will hopefully conclude soon. Busy weekend on tap. Two more birthdays to attend, one being my second grandmother to turn 95 this month. :) And I'm on call for work during the weekend. :mad:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. :woohoo:

tickledtink33
07-24-2009, 08:45 AM

I will be Food & Wine Festing from Oct 8th - 13th. :banana:

dpuck1998
07-24-2009, 09:42 AM

I'm doing well thanks for asking. No flair ups, have an appt with the surgeon today to set my surgery date. I'm just hoping I make it thru the weekend without issue and I'll be happy :)

sshaw10060
07-24-2009, 12:57 PM

That sounds like traveling with my dad. When we were little my brother would bring a sleeping bag and sleep in the bathtub to get awat from his snoring. He has been married and divorced 4 times and I am convinced it is because the women crack from sleep deprivation.

I start a week of vaction in 2 hours and 4 minutes. One last class to teach and I am out of here. We canceled our trip to Maine since we we're planning to go with the in-laws and my FIL isn't up to it, but I can sit around the house with the best of them.

Have a great weekend everyone.

jeanigor
07-24-2009, 01:54 PM
Went out walking along a creek with the pups the other day and say this little guy. Baby snapper. He was about 3/4 the size of a deck of cards. He didn't start to move until my boy pup started to sniff him too much. Then he went to bite his nose. Pepin would have deserved it if the Mr. Turtle would have bitten him.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/jeanigor/photo4.jpg

Did anyone see any interesting wild life on PCC 1.0?

Dodie
07-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Other than karaoke and line dancing in Wavebands?

jeanigor
07-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Other than karaoke and line dancing in Wavebands?

Let me be more specific....Did anyone see any interesting fauna whilst on the cruise?

Mouse Skywalker
07-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Let me be more specific....Did anyone see any interesting fauna whilst on the cruise?I got a picture of Don's backside running on Castaway Cay.

Ohhhh, I'm bored in my office on a Friday...

shellyminnie
07-24-2009, 02:33 PM
I got a picture of Don's backside running on Castaway Cay.

Ohhhh, I'm bored in my office on a Friday...

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

kab407
07-24-2009, 02:35 PM

Does the night they played Wonder Quest count? There were some wild sights that evening.

winotracy
07-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Let me be more specific....Did anyone see any interesting fauna whilst on the cruise?

does an octopus count? I saw one of those (for real, no joke).

tiggerbell
07-24-2009, 03:15 PM
How about a man in a tiara doing a strip tease in front of me on the beach?

Sounds like wild life to me! :thumbsup2

Mouse Skywalker
07-24-2009, 03:28 PM
does an octopus count? I saw one of those (for real, no joke).That's very cool. :thumbsup2

kimisabella
07-24-2009, 03:34 PM
WOW! Talk about scary!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

It certainly was scary, I wasn't there to see it, I would have been screaming!

Oh WOW!!! :scared1: That is crazy!! I am really glad no one was hurt, and that it didn't crash into anyone's house!!!

So am I - from what I heard my brother in law went running down the road screaming at some landscapers to get out of the way of the runaway bobcat!

Andrea, :eek: :scared: very scary, glad no one was hurt. :grouphug: Hope the rest of the driveway work goes smoothly pixiedust: It'll look wonderful when it's done and in a few years, you'll have a good story to laugh over at the family dinners. :upsidedown:

Karen, hopefully this will get done soon, my neighbors must hate us with all the trucks up and down the street and the NOISE!!!

I'm doing well thanks for asking. No flair ups, have an appt with the surgeon today to set my surgery date. I'm just hoping I make it thru the weekend without issue and I'll be happy :)

Glad to hear Don, we will be thinking about you on Tuesday.

Tonya2426
07-24-2009, 03:45 PM

I found a starfish hanging out by my chair in the water.

georgemoe
07-24-2009, 04:17 PM

I had some cow on my plate at Triton's. Does that count? :confused3

jeanigor
07-24-2009, 04:22 PM
I found a starfish hanging out by my chair in the water.

That is awesome. Maybe I will spend more time in the water next time.:thumbsup2

katscradle
07-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Went out walking along a creek with the pups the other day and say this little guy. Baby snapper. He was about 3/4 the size of a deck of cards. He didn't start to move until my boy pup started to sniff him too much. Then he went to bite his nose. Pepin would have deserved it if the Mr. Turtle would have bitten him.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/jeanigor/photo4.jpg

Todd you do know that if you ever have to pick one up to move it that you grab them on their shell from the top behind their heads.
I am told this way they are not able to bite you. :)

tinkbutt
07-24-2009, 07:44 PM

I caught up last night :goodvibes it's great to see all your pics and find out what you guys did :thumbsup2

Was it just the one night? It would be awful if it was every night :scared: Hope you can catch up on your sleep and you aren't too sore :hug:

I got a little sleep and it was only one night but it was enough to make me feel yuckie!!!

tlcoke
07-25-2009, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Saturday! I woke up to T-Storms this morning, but they have moved through and the Sun is peeking through. Off to the Y to walk and exercise and then to run errands. Had fun in Unoapolooza DIS style last night. I hope everyone has a good day!!

A.Mickey
07-25-2009, 08:57 AM
We saw a crab walking sideways in the water with his pinchers up!

Today we are going to see Ann and her family and going to a Parade in her town. Then tonight we will be going to see Coldplay!

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!! :wizard:

sshaw10060
07-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Good morning all. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Yesterday we went to see a friend judge a dog show (we breed and show Labs). She did a nice job, but the judge before her was so slow. We ended up wasting most of the day when we should have been done at noon.

Today I am breaking in my new ProQ smoker with some buttermilk brined chicken thighs. We are having our annual Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ in 3 weeks, so I need to get the new equipment broken in before cooking for 100. If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by for the big bash PM me. People are in and out all day eating BBQ.

For those of you following my FIL he feels great so far. We were supposed to leave for a week in Maine yesterday which we canceled when he got sick. Unfortunately, we couldn't get anyone to take the condo so we are on the hook for $1500. Last night my FIL called and said he thought they would take a ride up to the condo (2 hours) and "check it out". When I commented he probably didn't want to fight the traffic coming back on a Sunday and he said maybe they would stay for a day or two. His doctor specifically told him she didn't want him traveling during his first chemo cycle (even to Maine) so I squashed that plan. After I hang up the phone my wife says "he's probably crying on the couch since you told him he couldn't go" We got in a fight over why I always have to play the role of the heavy and I felt really bad. 30 minuted later my MIL called and thanked me for telling him no. He had been talking about it all day wouldn't listen to her. I felt a lot better after that call

Have a great Sunday!

georgemoe
07-26-2009, 09:38 AM
ProQ smoker you say Scott. Not fair at all posting that without pictures. Had chicken thighs on the Weber kettle last night. Glad to hear your FIL is feeling better.

sshaw10060
07-26-2009, 09:14 PM
No Pics. Sorry. But the chicken was possibly the best chicken I have ever smoked. This recipe will definitely be repeated at the Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ

Becx N Gav
07-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Good morning all. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Yesterday we went to see a friend judge a dog show (we breed and show Labs). She did a nice job, but the judge before her was so slow. We ended up wasting most of the day when we should have been done at noon.

Today I am breaking in my new ProQ smoker with some buttermilk brined chicken thighs. We are having our annual Oink Cackle & Moo BBQ in 3 weeks, so I need to get the new equipment broken in before cooking for 100. If anyone is in the area and wants to stop by for the big bash PM me. People are in and out all day eating BBQ.

For those of you following my FIL he feels great so far. We were supposed to leave for a week in Maine yesterday which we canceled when he got sick. Unfortunately, we couldn't get anyone to take the condo so we are on the hook for $1500. Last night my FIL called and said he thought they would take a ride up to the condo (2 hours) and "check it out". When I commented he probably didn't want to fight the traffic coming back on a Sunday and he said maybe they would stay for a day or two. His doctor specifically told him she didn't want him traveling during his first chemo cycle (even to Maine) so I squashed that plan. After I hang up the phone my wife says "he's probably crying on the couch since you told him he couldn't go" We got in a fight over why I always have to play the role of the heavy and I felt really bad. 30 minuted later my MIL called and thanked me for telling him no. He had been talking about it all day wouldn't listen to her. I felt a lot better after that call

Have a great Sunday!

Wow 100 people around for a BBQ :scared1: good luck with that!

I'm sorry your FIL is finding it hard, but you have to be tough for his own good :hug: glad your MIL let you know you were being helpful.

Good morning - horrible start to the week - it's raining :sad2:

tlcoke
07-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Good Morning Becky & Everyone!! I hope you have a good Monday.

Our day here at work will be trying to salvage files from our File Share Drive that went belly up on Friday afternoon :scared1: <24 hours after we got word that our new share was available. Unfortunately, we had not had a chance to start moving files yet. :scared: And our back up drive, had failed on the backups and the person who was monitoring hadn't caught that it didn't back-up.

kymickeyfan717
07-27-2009, 06:32 AM
Morn all - another week closer to podcast cruise 2.0 ... :)

Hope all have a good week

Disneybridein2k3
07-27-2009, 07:33 AM
Trust me on this - it isn't only you. I could you stories about how cars get wrecked that would have wondering if you should shake your head or :rotfl2:. The one I was working on last week was a driver that thought she hit the brake but hit the gas instead and went through her neighbor's living room. Thankfully no one was home but that was a joy to have to discuss...

We aren't going to DAP either! But we will be on 2.0! I wouldn't miss it for the World!!!!!

We had a nice day at Hurricane Harbor. I took a planned sick day and lounged around and played with Aaron in the water.
Very sad that you won't be at DAP :( Exactly what IS a planned sick day, though???
Maybe that is my problem - I need to get more sleep so I will be more fun?

klam_chowder
07-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Wildlife: DH saw a huge turtle paddling beside the ship - he said that alone was the worth getting the verandah for...guess I can't argue with that :rolleyes: Snorkelling at SB, we saw quite a few varieties of cool fish - at one 'reef' schools of them swam over to check us out. :goodvibes

Shanan: how was Chris?!!! :cool1: I wanted to see Coldplay so bad but had to miss it cuz they came when the in-laws were here :headache:

Scott: Good job in keeping your FIL's best intererst, even tho you may seemed like the bad guy, esp. since the dr specifically ruled out Maine. Most of us have experienced feeling "good enough" to do something when we weren't well but really wanted to do something. In those times, I usually find I've over exerted myself. Your FIL & DW are lucky to have you looking out for him :grouphug:

:dogdance: You breed labs?!!! :worship: I've wanted a lab for what seems like forever...I may have to PM you...:rolleyes1

A torando ripped thru our parts on Saturday :scared: we don't usually get them here...good thing all we got was TORRENTIAL rain. Make it a great week all! pixiedust:

cheers,

katscradle
07-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Hi guys, back from our weekend it was nice. :)
Quiet and relaxing.
We had some rain, but we had some sunny breaks as well and this was a perk as it was supposed to rain all weekend. :thumbsup2

Madi100
07-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Good afternoon everyone. My mom is going to be here all week. She said she needed a vacation, and she wants to come and help me pack, silly lady :) But, I'll gladly take the help. Now, if I only knew where I was moving....

georgemoe
07-27-2009, 08:48 PM
I attended the wine tasting on PCC 1.0 thanks to Mindy. I'm definately doing that again and after seeing Jaime and Shanan's trip reports, I'm going to do the martini tasting. Yup both, THREE DAYS IN A ROW. :woohoo:

If you can actually book it multiple days. :)

A.Mickey
07-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Very sad that you won't be at DAP :( Exactly what IS a planned sick day, though???

Maybe that is my problem - I need to get more sleep so I will be more fun?
Yeah, I am sad too! But I gotta be responsible :sick:. A planned sick day is basically I tell my supervisor that I am taking a sick day tomorrow. I don't actually call in the day of.
I think I need more sleep too! :scared:

Shanan: how was Chris?!!! :cool1: I wanted to see Coldplay so bad but had to miss it cuz they came when the in-laws were here :headache:

A torando ripped thru our parts on Saturday :scared: we don't usually get them here...good thing all we got was TORRENTIAL rain. Make it a great week all! pixiedust:

Hi Karen! Coldplay is always great! I have seen them on every tour since 2001 :yay:! It was very cool though, they played a cover of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean acoustically.:love: :eek:

I am glad that all you got was Torrential rain! I hope nothing is flooded!! :scared1:

I attended the wine tasting on PCC 1.0 thanks to Mindy. I'm definately doing that again and after seeing Jaime and Shanan's trip reports, I'm going to do the martini tasting. Yup both, THREE DAYS IN A ROW. :woohoo:
Hmmm.....that is interesting...I haven't even posted my martini tasting day yet! Hee hee! But I am sure you got the jist of it from Jaime's TR. WOW! Three days in a row of tasting?!?! Really? What about the podcast events? :rotfl:

Scott- I am glad your FIL is feeling better! I hope it continues!!

Nicole- That is great that your mother is coming to help pack! I am sure you will find some place to live :hug:

dpuck1998
07-27-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi all, I'm back....missed a lot but glad to be back on the boards quickly ;)

Becx N Gav
07-28-2009, 05:24 AM
Morning all :cool1: 2 days down - almost, 3 to go!

It's actually a gorgeous day here, really don't want to be at work, oh well!

I'm looking forward to the weekend as we're seeing our friends we're taking to WDW to go over a few things. We've booked Kouzinna now (opens in Aug apparently) and I'm hoping it will be as good as Spoodles in May :lovestruc I had the ravioli and I could just eat up a huge bowl right now popcorn::

We had some bad news yesterday one of Gav's grandmothers slipped and fell and broke her hip :scared1: luckily Gav's uncle was there but she is in hospital waiting for the op. We're going to see what the visiting policy is (with all this swine flu thing going on we're not sure if just anyone can visit) and maybe pop in one night this week.

I should be getting the replacement cable I ordered for our Dyson vacuum cleaner (the old one stopped working and we think it's the cable as it almost came on when we wiggled it!) today and it's about time as the house is a mess :scared1: I do hope it is the cable that was the problem :confused3

katscradle
07-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Good morning everyone! :)
Becky tell Gav I hope his grandmother comes through the op good.
I know when my grandmother fell and broke her hip she was never the same after. The bones just never healed very well.
Have fun with the trip planning. :thumbsup2

tlcoke
07-28-2009, 06:01 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Happy Tuesday!

I hope you have a good day!

klam_chowder
07-28-2009, 08:43 AM

George, nuts to try to do wine & martini tasting 3 days in a row...we better tether Deb to you :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: The martini tasting was pretty fun. :dance3:

Shanan, fab to hear you at :cool1: Coldplay. :thumbsup2 Thankfully no flooding here...we spent our coin on fixing our drainage last fall :sad2:

wb Don! Noticed you haven't been on the boards...were you on holidays? :goodvibes

Becky & Gav, pixiedust: best wishes for a smooth operation and speedy recovery to Gav's g'ma :teleport:

cheers,

jeanigor
07-28-2009, 08:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone!! Just a quick post before I run errands for most of the day,

It is now 500 days until my anticipated arrival for PCC 2.0!!!!!!!! Only 502 days until we actually sail!!!!

That deserves some excitement!!!

georgemoe
07-28-2009, 09:04 AM

George, nuts to try to do wine & martini tasting 3 days in a row...we better tether Deb to you :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: The martini tasting was pretty fun. :dance3:

You do know I'm not normal right Karen? :rotfl:

dpuck1998
07-28-2009, 09:18 AM

Shanan, fab to hear you at :cool1: Coldplay. :thumbsup2 Thankfully no flooding here...we spent our coin on fixing our drainage last fall :sad2:

wb Don! Noticed you haven't been on the boards...were you on holidays? :goodvibes

Becky & Gav, pixiedust: best wishes for a smooth operation and speedy recovery to Gav's g'ma :teleport:

cheers,

Yea Karen, kinda. I was out of town a lot then had surgery to have my gall bladder removed yesterday. If you were on Facebook you would know all this......just say'en :rolleyes1

DVCsince02
07-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Hi all, I'm back....missed a lot but glad to be back on the boards quickly ;)

So do you have a cool scar?:lovestruc

mainegal
07-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey, everyone!
Hope all is going well for you and your kin.

This is my last day in my mother's house. Only it is not her's - it belongs to her estate, which is the four of us.

This afternoon, I fly back home. I leave my brother alone in the house. For the past several years, his primary responsibility has been caring for Mom. This will be a time of major transition for him. He needs to be looking for a job, and this is not a great time for that in this economy.

I will be happy to be back at home and in my own routines. But it will be hard knowing my mother is not around any more.

What I am really looking forward to... getting caught up on the podcasts!

dpuck1998
07-28-2009, 09:34 AM
So do you have a cool scar?:lovestruc

Actually i have 4 if you count the one in my belly button!

Madi100
07-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Good morning everyone. We found out out this morning we won't be moving out of town, so plans continue to move into our rental home.

TheBeadPirate
07-28-2009, 12:21 PM
:tiptoe::tiptoe::tiptoe:

:wave:

ummm, I have an announcement.............

Are we there yet?!?

corky441
07-28-2009, 12:46 PM
This is my last day in my mother's house. Only it is not her's - it belongs to her estate, which is the four of us.

This afternoon, I fly back home. I leave my brother alone in the house. For the past several years, his primary responsibility has been caring for Mom. This will be a time of major transition for him. He needs to be looking for a job, and this is not a great time for that in this economy.

I will be happy to be back at home and in my own routines. But it will be hard knowing my mother is not around any more.

I hope your brother will be okay - seems like his world has really taken a turn.

My mother & I talked on the phone every Sunday at 10:00am sometimes for well over an hour. She passed away 4 years ago. Even now, on Sunday mornings when I look at the clock, my mind still says " Oh - Mom will be calling soon" - for the first few weeks after she died - I had to have my Sunday morning coffee in the living room instead of the kitchen - just couldn't bring myself to see that damn clock....

It takes awhile, but eventually it doesn't hurt so bad

mainegal
07-28-2009, 11:10 PM
I hope your brother will be okay - seems like his world has really taken a turn.

My mother & I talked on the phone every Sunday at 10:00am sometimes for well over an hour. She passed away 4 years ago. Even now, on Sunday mornings when I look at the clock, my mind still says " Oh - Mom will be calling soon" - for the first few weeks after she died - I had to have my Sunday morning coffee in the living room instead of the kitchen - just couldn't bring myself to see that damn clock....

It takes awhile, but eventually it doesn't hurt so bad

Thanks for the kind words. My family has spread out - sister in Buffalo, brother in Syracuse, me in Maine, and the other brother still at home. The hope is that we will still stay close now that we will not gather at Mom's.

Your story about your mother will be a bit true for me, too. There are jsut somethings that are meant to be shared with a mother!

But, I am home now... and have downloaded the podcasts. Time now for some sleep.

katscradle
07-29-2009, 01:25 AM
O.K. guy's I just thought I would post this and get it over with, as I didn't know where to post this....DAP or Cruise2.0

It's my 2000th post!:dance3::dance3::cheer2::cheer2::yay::woohoo:

Becx N Gav
07-29-2009, 03:17 AM
Good morning everyone! :)
Becky tell Gav I hope his grandmother comes through the op good.
I know when my grandmother fell and broke her hip she was never the same after. The bones just never healed very well.
Have fun with the trip planning. :thumbsup2

cheers,

Thanks guys, I got it wrong she actually broke her shoulder blade :scared1: she had already had both hips replaced. She should be having the op today - we may see her but the visiting HOUR is 6-7pm! Crazy and you can guess how full the car park will be :sad2:

Good Morning Everyone!! Just a quick post before I run errands for most of the day,

It is now 500 days until my anticipated arrival for PCC 2.0!!!!!!!! Only 502 days until we actually sail!!!!

That deserves some excitement!!!

:yay: :yay: :dance3: :yay: :yay:

I can't wait :cloud9:

Yea Karen, kinda. I was out of town a lot then had surgery to have my gall bladder removed yesterday. If you were on Facebook you would know all this......just say'en :rolleyes1

Did you have stones? My Mum got to keep hers :scared: She had key hole surgery and the scars were tiny!

Hey, everyone!
Hope all is going well for you and your kin.

What I am really looking forward to... getting caught up on the podcasts!

:hug: I hope it gets easier for you and good luck to your brother in finding a job. I know Gav's Mum was the glue that held the family together, it's strange how different things have been since she passed. We still see everyone though not as frequently and not all together.
Enjoy the podcasts :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone. We found out out this morning we won't be moving out of town, so plans continue to move into our rental home.

I hope this is good for you? At least you know what is happeneing now, I hate it when I don't know what the plan is!

Becx N Gav
07-29-2009, 03:27 AM
O.K. guy's I just thought I would post this and get it over with, as I didn't know where to post this....DAP or Cruise2.0

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Congrats!

Becx N Gav
07-29-2009, 03:34 AM
Good morning - another hump day :cool1: :cool1:

I hope today goes quickly, should do as I'm pretty busy :woohoo:

aGoofyMom
07-29-2009, 04:52 AM
Hi all!
Summer seems to be keeping me away from the computer a bit more this year - must be the bike riding with DD. And getting ready for DL...:scared1:

Andrea - the wedding pictures were wonderful! I'm glad it went well, and your family is gorgeous! I also wouldn't have wanted to witness the runaway bobcat!

Scott - hang in there with your FIL. Sounds like you are being strong for him and helping your MIL with it all.

Becx & Gav - I hope the surgery goes well for her.

Kat - WOOT! 2000! :yay::cheer2::dance3:Congrats!!!!!

wildlife? Only in captivity! (2 days at Seaworld and up close and personal with the penguins and the dolphins)

I am just wrapping up my pseudo-digital scrapbooking project with my PCC 1.0 pictures and will be starting my personalized autograph books for DD soon. And we hope to see G-force tonight.

Have a great day everyone!!!

tlcoke
07-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Good Morning Donna, Becky & Everyone.
Happy (Rainy) Wednesday! (I am so ready for our Dry season)
It's Podcast & Chat day!

Have a good day!!!

tlcoke
07-29-2009, 06:13 AM

Congrats on your 2000th post!

kymickeyfan717
07-29-2009, 06:34 AM
Morning from a "soggy" Louisville. It's been a crazy weather month here. It's the first July on record that we won't hit 90 degrees. I hate to think what August/Sept is going to be like. :scared1: But I'm not complaining about the absence of hot weather :)

Hope all have a great "hump" day

mainegal
07-29-2009, 07:03 AM
Good morning!

I need to head to work after being away for six days.

Oh, my! I listened to the podcast last night in bed and heard Kevin offer condolences on the loss of my mother. Made me cry all over again!

sshaw10060
07-29-2009, 07:46 AM
Morning all. More rain today. Imagine that. We might head to Maine for a few days if the Dr. gives my FIL the go ahead at his appt today. He feels great, so I'm hopeful. It would be great for his spirits.

I canceled my FIL and MIL's cruise for November (we're still going with my mom and her partner) and transfered their deposit to the Podcast cruise. Since PC 2.0 is now a family trip we added DS 3 to the cruise. Tracy managed to do all that with a single e-mail. She's my hero!

mainegal
07-29-2009, 07:58 AM
Morning all. More rain today. Imagine that. We might head to Maine for a few days

Don't forget...
The rain in Maine falls mainly on the plain. Oh, no! That's not it.
The rain in Maine falls mainly in Maine!

Come on up, any way!

klam_chowder
07-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Happy Podcast Day folks! :wave2:

You do know I'm not normal right Karen? :rotfl:

::yes:: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don, wow - glad you're up and doing fine after your surgery :grouphug: Those scars should help you with your man card status! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

mainegal, wb home. Hope there is peace with you and your family. :hug:

kat, party: 2000 party:

Looks like the Dis FFL draft should be happening soon...gotta go research & rank order :tiptoe:

cheers,

dpuck1998
07-29-2009, 09:56 AM
Happy Podcast Day folks! :wave2:

::yes:: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Don, wow - glad you're up and doing fine after your surgery :grouphug: Those scars should help you with your man card status! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

mainegal, wb home. Hope there is peace with you and your family. :hug:

kat, party: 2000 party:

Looks like the Dis FFL draft should be happening soon...gotta go research & rank order :tiptoe:

cheers,

Right! I was thinking that too Karen...man card +1 per scar!!

*NikkiBell*
07-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Just thought I'd pop over here and say morning to all you cruisers! :)

Dodie
07-29-2009, 10:09 AM
Good morning everyone! (It is still morning, isn't it?)

It was fun playing Facebook UNO last night with some of you. Even Don! UNO on pain meds. :lmao:

I may or may not join chat tonight. I think I need to cut back my evening computer time. My eyes aren't that great anyway and I've been spending a lot of time at work on the computer. I think I'm getting some eyestrain and that's maybe what's causing some headaches. I may not be able to resist the pull of chat though - we'll see.

dpuck1998
07-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Good morning everyone! (It is still morning, isn't it?)

It was fun playing Facebook UNO last night with some of you. Even Don! UNO on pain meds. :lmao:

I may or may not join chat tonight. I think I need to cut back my evening computer time. My eyes aren't that great anyway and I've been spending a lot of time at work on the computer. I think I'm getting some eyestrain and that's maybe what's causing some headaches. I may not be able to resist the pull of chat though - we'll see.

But I'll be there....pain meds and all! :love:

mainegal
07-29-2009, 10:17 AM
I am afraid I might miss chat.

I haven't been getting good nights of sleep.
After the week I have had, now that I am back in my own place, I should take advantage of my own bed and have some quality time in it!

winotracy
07-29-2009, 10:30 AM
Chat tonight will depend where I'm at. If I'm up at the hospital and planning to spend some time here I will likely be in chat. If I'm on the way home, probably not. Won't know until we see how the rest of the day goes.

kab407
07-29-2009, 10:35 AM
Chat tonight will depend where I'm at. If I'm up at the hospital and planning to spend some time here I will likely be in chat. If I'm on the way home, probably not. Won't know until we see how the rest of the day goes.

Hope all is going well Tracy. Our best to you and Bill. :grouphug:

Dodie
07-29-2009, 11:07 AM

Me too, Tracy! What my BFF, Kathy, said!:grouphug:

Disneybridein2k3
07-29-2009, 11:11 AM
Right! I was thinking that too Karen...man card +1 per scar!!
Don needed help with his man-card???

ditto :grouphug:

maiziezoe
07-29-2009, 12:16 PM

Hi!

Alice2020
07-29-2009, 01:07 PM
Hello !

I have not been able to get on the boards for the last week because I was in a storm of home projects getting my condo ready for renters. I did (proud because it was all by myself!):
pulled linoleum and tiled the kitchen and 1/2 bath
Tiled the bathroom
Painted entire unit
Fixed all screen windows
Pulled toilet, fixed closet flange and replaced fill valve
Installed new garbage disposal
Put electrical cord in new dryer
Changed all electrical outlets and switches
Installed new bath fixtures in both baths
Installed new kitchen faucet
Pulled, cleaned and painted all trim
CLEANED THE PREVIOUS RENTERS FILTH (heavy smokers, 3 kids and dog in 2 bedroom condo)

My fingers are throbbing, but I have paying renters in my condo!:banana::banana:

There are a few more things left to do, but I did not feel qualified to service the washing machine that they broke and I offered the new renter a little money off of this month's rent if he would install the microwave/hood unit and blinds (I was sooooooo tired, I wanted to go home).

I had heard someone on the podcast team joke about wanting to be a slum lord- I am here to testify that maintaining a property is HARD WORK!

Now that the condo is done, I can go back to vacation planning!:cool1:

-Kelly

SFBayDon
07-29-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey all,

Wrapping up the last meeting tonight with the Lance Armstrong people and then I can join you again in chat next week. YEAH !!!! Looking forward to speed reading once again.

Ok so how do I learn more about facebook Uno? Can some one send me a PM or a link so I know how to sign up?

Thanks, and hope everyone is having a good week.

Don

Dodie
07-29-2009, 04:21 PM
Hi Don. Podcast UNO on Facebook has happened two or three times now. Someone determines that at a certain time, any podcast fan who has podcast friends on Facebook shows up in the UNO application to play.

Have you played UNO on Facebook yet? It's really addicting. You just log in and wait in the "lobby." As soon as any of your friends show up, you click on their pictures to start a game with them.

Sometimes you end up playing with strangers too, but there's a chat portion where you can talk to each other while you play.

aspen37
07-29-2009, 04:22 PM

Ditto:grouphug:

SFBayDon
07-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Have you played UNO on Facebook yet? It's really addicting. You just log in and wait in the "lobby." As soon as any of your friends show up, you click on their pictures to start a game with them.

Thanks for the info. FB is blocked from work so I will have to check from home. I thought Bejeweled was bad and now you all are suggesting another form of on line addiction (just kidding) I will go and check it out.

When you decide to do it as a group, do you usually post on this thread?

Don

aspen37
07-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Hey all,

Wrapping up the last meeting tonight with the Lance Armstrong people and then I can join you again in chat next week. YEAH !!!! Looking forward to speed reading once again.

Ok so how do I learn more about facebook Uno? Can some one send me a PM or a link so I know how to sign up?

Don

Hi Don,

I was wondering if you could do a report on what your experience was like volunteering for LAF? I have had friends who have rode in Ride for the Roses in Austin. I am curious what it is like on the other side.

Dodie
07-29-2009, 04:36 PM
When you decide to do it as a group, do you usually post on this thread?

Don

Yes. The past couple of times, Nikki has posted a thread on the podcast board telling what day and time!

It is addicting. You might want to play a few hands with strangers first. Some people are really slow, which gives you a chance to figure it all out.

:)

mainegal
07-29-2009, 04:45 PM
I need to get into the Facebook Uno, too.

But I don't think I have enough DIS facebook friends! What should I do?

I haven't played real Uno in years. Should I practice with real cards?

jen3003
07-29-2009, 04:56 PM

Tracy hope Bill is doing better. Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

dpuck1998
07-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Don needed help with his man-card???

You have no idea! :thumbsup2

shellyminnie
07-29-2009, 11:11 PM
You have no idea! :thumbsup2

Don lost his man card a loooooooooooooooooooong time ago!! :rotfl::goodvibes

A.Mickey
07-29-2009, 11:13 PM
Tracy- You and Bill are in my thoughts! :hug:

Facebook Uno is very fun! You can add alot of us by going through the Uno thread where we put links to our facebook pages. I would suggest just practicing with the game through facebook. It isn't a very hard game to learn either! Hope to see some of you at the next Uno session! :grouphug:

Becx N Gav
07-30-2009, 05:16 AM
Good morning!

I need to head to work after being away for six days.

Oh, my! I listened to the podcast last night in bed and heard Kevin offer condolences on the loss of my mother. Made me cry all over again!

:hug:

Hi!

Hi there :wave2:

Hello !

I have not been able to get on the boards for the last week because I was in a storm of home projects getting my condo ready for renters. I did (proud because it was all by myself!):
pulled linoleum and tiled the kitchen and 1/2 bath
Tiled the bathroom
Painted entire unit
Fixed all screen windows
Pulled toilet, fixed closet flange and replaced fill valve
Installed new garbage disposal
Put electrical cord in new dryer
Changed all electrical outlets and switches
Installed new bath fixtures in both baths
Installed new kitchen faucet
Pulled, cleaned and painted all trim
CLEANED THE PREVIOUS RENTERS FILTH (heavy smokers, 3 kids and dog in 2 bedroom condo)

My fingers are throbbing, but I have paying renters in my condo!:banana::banana:

There are a few more things left to do, but I did not feel qualified to service the washing machine that they broke and I offered the new renter a little money off of this month's rent if he would install the microwave/hood unit and blinds (I was sooooooo tired, I wanted to go home).

I had heard someone on the podcast team joke about wanting to be a slum lord- I am here to testify that maintaining a property is HARD WORK!

Now that the condo is done, I can go back to vacation planning!:cool1:

-Kelly

Wow - it's great to see all your hard work pay off, it's great to hear you can now rent out the condo (is that like a vacation home where people stay a week or 2? or somewhere people rent for a year?) I wouldn't be able to do half those things :eek: although we did manage to replace the power cable on our Dyson last night :cool1: Now I can vacuum again :headache:

Hey all,

Don

Hi Don, hope you have been keeping well?

Becx N Gav
07-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Good morning people - today looks a bit more promising :thumbsup2 So far I have managed to get the instrument working (it does the analysis here at work) that I spent an hour and half with yesterday swearing at as it would just not calibrate! Rather frustrating!

Had a meeting with a supplier and should be able to get a few more discounts :cool1: - that will make my boss happy ;)

And it's sunny :beach:

Happy Thursday to all :yay:

Just noticed this little fella :littleangel: awww cute :cutie:

tlcoke
07-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Glad you got your equipment working Becky. I know that can be frustrating when it doesn't do what it's suppose to do.

Good Morning Everyone!

I wish this Storm Front would move, so I can get the elephant that is sitting on my head to go away (sinus pressure headache). I missed chat last night because of my headache :headache:.

It's raining just to our south, with more expected today.

Have a good day everyone!!

kymickeyfan717
07-30-2009, 06:44 AM
Morning all - have a good Thursday. One more day til the weekend....

corky441
07-30-2009, 07:16 AM
Good Morning everyone - Happy Thursday :wave2:

Hope you're feeling better Tracey

It actually looks like we're going to have a RAINFREE weekend. I'll believe it when it see it :rolleyes1

Right now it is so foggy, I can barely see the houses behind mine. Soupy Soupy..

mainegal
07-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Oh, my!
It started raining during chat lst night. Later big thunder booms and lightening. Now it is raining very hard!

Makes me want to crawl back into bed!

Otherwise -good morning, everyone! :goodvibes

jeanigor
07-30-2009, 08:04 AM
Good Morning!!!! Guess What!!!!!

500 days until we sail for Fun on a Boat, Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!! (or 423 days until you need to make your final payment.)

shellyminnie
07-30-2009, 08:10 AM
Morning!!

I'm exhausted today but I had a great day yesterday!! :cloud9:

Pictures and stories coming sometime today!!

tiggerbell
07-30-2009, 08:11 AM
(or 423 days until you need to make your final payment.)

Buzzkill...

katscradle
07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Good morning guy's!
One more day to go and y birthday present from John will arrive.
A 2009 Santa Fe. Dark red on the outside, and tan leather interior.
I can't wait! :)

Emiel
07-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Good Morning everyone. Happy Thursday!!!

Buzzkill...

Hi Jaimy. Why does your siggie say it's only 498 days until PCC 2.0??? BTW: I like that even better than 500 days, even if it is only 2 days less...

Mornin' Kathy. Hope you'll enjoy your present very very much.

tiggerbell
07-30-2009, 08:54 AM
Hi Jaimy. Why does your siggie say it's only 498 days until PCC 2.0??? BTW: I like that even better than 500 days, even if it is only 2 days less...

I count to the time I leave my house - I plan on getting there a couple days ahead of the cruise... so my countdown is shorter than most people's!

:cool1:

Emiel
07-30-2009, 08:59 AM
I count to the time I leave my house - I plan on getting there a couple days ahead of the cruise... so my countdown is shorter than most people's!

:cool1:

In that case our count is at 491. We'll probably be leaving on December 3, 2010!! :yay:

klam_chowder
07-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Happy almost TGIF folks! :wave2:

Becky, glad things are going smoother. How's gav's g'ma holding up? :goodvibes

Kat, very exciting...sounds like a family ice cream outing is required for tomorrow nite! :upsidedow

The countdown's on [David Bowie] :banana: okay maybe a bit too excited given 500 days out...we'll be heading down early too but I'll adjust when we actually book tix :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Update to BUF weather...the fog has burned off and it's gonna be :sunny: til the end of the w/end for the first time this summer! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

cheers,

sshaw10060
07-30-2009, 09:29 AM
Don't forget...
The rain in Maine falls mainly on the plain. Oh, no! That's not it.
The rain in Maine falls mainly in Maine!

Come on up, any way!

Guess what. It is raining in Maine today! Luckily they have an indoor pool, so we're off for a quick swim. Have a great day all.

DVCsince02
07-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I haven't been around much this week. :sick: What have I missed?:sick:

jeanigor
07-30-2009, 10:28 AM

500 days and counting!!!!

That's about all. Bill is doing better.:goodvibes Hope you kick the cold soon.:hug:

DVCsince02
07-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I have about 493 days to go.;) We are staying the whole week before 2.0 and a couple days after.

TheBeadPirate
07-30-2009, 10:31 AM
HI ya'll!

How's everyone doing? Any cool weekend plans?

Rick found a 7 night on the Magic in September for $2200 for 2 people in a cat 6. It killed me to be responsible and say no........:rotfl2:......after thinking about it for QUITE awhile.......

Why do I always have to be the adult!:rolleyes:

Becx N Gav
07-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Good Morning everyone - Happy Thursday :wave2:

Hope you're feeling better Tracey

It actually looks like we're going to have a RAINFREE weekend. I'll believe it when it see it :rolleyes1

Right now it is so foggy, I can barely see the houses behind mine. Soupy Soupy..

:cool1: for the lack of rain - Saturday here will be wet :( but sunny on Sunday :)

Good Morning!!!! Guess What!!!!!

500 days until we sail for Fun on a Boat, Part 2!!!!!!!!!!!! (or 423 days until you need to make your final payment.)

YEY FOR 500 DAYS

Morning!!

I'm exhausted today but I had a great day yesterday!! :cloud9:

Pictures and stories coming sometime today!!

What did ya do?

Good morning guy's!

Can we see a picture :drive:

Good Morning everyone. Happy Thursday!!!

I thought it was the time difference ;)

Happy almost TGIF folks! :wave2:

Becky, glad things are going smoother. How's gav's g'ma holding up? :goodvibes

Kat, very exciting...sounds like a family ice cream outing is required for tomorrow nite! :upsidedow

The countdown's on [David Bowie] :banana: okay maybe a bit too excited given 500 days out...we'll be heading down early too but I'll adjust when we actually book tix :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Update to BUF weather...the fog has burned off and it's gonna be :sunny: til the end of the w/end for the first time this summer! :woohoo: :yay: :woohoo:

cheers,

She's doing ok, but I don't think she'll be able to go home (2 storey house with awfully steep stairs) so she may have to go into a respite home in the meantime and then move somewhere more suitable :confused3 if you ask me she should have moved to a bungalow years ago, but she shared her house with her late husband and I guess she's holding onto that.

I don't get the David Bowie reference :confused: I need more sleep :laughing:

Becx N Gav
07-30-2009, 10:38 AM

Hope you feel better soon :cloud9: It's just the same old same old really - killing time til our next Disney fix and/or weekend :rotfl: which ever comes sooner!

HI ya'll!

How's everyone doing? Any cool weekend plans?

Rick found a 7 night on the Magic in September for $2200 for 2 people in a cat 6. It killed me to be responsible and say no........:rotfl2:......after thinking about it for QUITE awhile.......

Why do I always have to be the adult!:rolleyes:

:scared1: Wow, I could totally use a nice relaxing cruise :love: DH said we need to do a cruise with every Disney trip from now on :woohoo: :yay: (this September doesn't count though as we had already booked it :headache:)

shellyminnie
07-30-2009, 11:11 AM
What did ya do?

I spent the day in Epcot and the MK for my birthday!!

Tonya2426
07-30-2009, 12:47 PM
Good morning guy's!

Woohoooo!!! Welcome to the Santa Fe Club!!! I think you are going to love it. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Becx N Gav
07-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I spent the day in Epcot and the MK for my birthday!!

:bday: for yesterday :banana: :cool1: - I'm a bit slow :upsidedow

What did you use your gift card for? (I assume you have an AP ;))

tlcoke
07-30-2009, 02:05 PM
Hi all, I am feeling better today. I wanted to share pictures with you of our Monsoons we have been having here. This was yesterday morning, when we got 2"+ in a very short time next to the parking lot at the Campus where I work.

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood3is.jpg

My car is the Jeep on the far right edge of the picture. Luckily I park on a higher section of the parking lot.

Here is more pictures of the same Viaduct and Campus

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood2is.jpg
http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood1is.jpg

This next picture is after the water receded, so that you can get perspective of how much water was there.

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood4is.jpg

jeanigor
07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Holy Cow!!! I saw the pic on FB this morning and thought, that isn't that much water, but when you see the last pic HOLY CROW!

shellyminnie
07-30-2009, 02:10 PM
:bday: for yesterday :banana: :cool1: - I'm a bit slow :upsidedow

What did you use your gift card for? (I assume you have an AP ;))

Thanks Becx!:hug:

Yes I have an AP!! I used my gift card for a few things. I bought some treats in Goofy's (I'm addicted to the marshmallows). I also bought a few pins, and a new Minnie plush. Plus, I still have some left!!

TheBeadPirate
07-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi all, I am feeling better today. I wanted to share pictures with you of our Monsoons we have been having here. This was yesterday morning, when we got 2"+ in a very short time next to the parking lot at the Campus where I work.

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood3is.jpg

My car is the Jeep on the far right edge of the picture. Luckily I park on a higher section of the parking lot.

Here is more pictures of the same Viaduct and Campus

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood2is.jpg
http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood1is.jpg

This next picture is after the water receded, so that you can get perspective of how much water was there.

http://php.louisville.edu/news/images/galleries/flooding/0729flood4is.jpg

Hey Tracey,

I'm guessing that's U of L?

How'd southern Indiana fare? I grew up there(Sellersburg) and no one from home has called to fill me in.:confused3

I get texts, so I know they're alive (darn texting family!) just wondered if they were underwater too?

Lori pirate: