PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15

Launchpad11B
07-10-2009, 07:45 AM
Enjoy Kathy!

DIS WIFE!! Good morning! :lovestruc

kab407
07-10-2009, 07:46 AM
Good morning Everyone!

Up and at it making breakfast for Anna. Scrambled eggs today with toast. She's headed off to YMCA camp in a few minutes.

Happy Friday to all of you. Don't forget to tell those close to you that you love them and give them a hug.

Aww shucks Aaron, you big lug. You don't have to give me a hug. I know you love me! :goodvibes

We'll if you two won't hug each other, here's a big one from me! :hug:

Love ya both!

shellyminnie
07-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Morning. :grouphug:

dpuck1998
07-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Good morning Everyone!

Up and at it making breakfast for Anna. Scrambled eggs today with toast. She's headed off to YMCA camp in a few minutes.

Happy Friday to all of you. Don't forget to tell those close to you that you love them and give them a hug.

Aww shucks Aaron, you big lug. You don't have to give me a hug. I know you love me! :goodvibes

Love ya both!

:hug::grouphug:

Launchpad11B
07-10-2009, 08:10 AM

Another big lug! Mornin' Puck. :)

dpuck1998
07-10-2009, 08:22 AM

Morn'in Buddy. Starting my three day weekend. Going golfing with the wife tonight, wish me luck. I'll need the patience of a saint.

kab407
07-10-2009, 08:23 AM
DIS WIFE!! Good morning! :lovestruc

Good Morning, DIS Hubby!:cloud9:

kab407
07-10-2009, 08:24 AM

You too Don! :hug:

Launchpad11B
07-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Morn'in Buddy. Starting my three day weekend. Going golfing with the wife tonight, wish me luck. I'll need the patience of a saint.

Good luck and have fun! :thumbsup2

MinnieGarden
07-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Happy Friday everyone! :banana:

aGoofyMom
07-10-2009, 08:41 AM
Morning all! :wave:

:grouphug:

A wonderful day of workin' hard or hardly workin' today...something like that...I have new officers to break in today! :upsidedow should be fun!

ADP
07-10-2009, 09:07 AM

Love ya both!

Morning. :grouphug:

Morning all! :wave:

:grouphug:

A wonderful day of workin' hard or hardly workin' today...something like that...I have new officers to break in today! :upsidedow should be fun!
Wow! This has turned into one big "Hug-A-Thon"! Who else is out there...C'Mon! Join in wherever you are! :grouphug:

Go easy on her Puck! Are you going to tell her you are a 31 handicapp too? ;)

Have fun buddy! :thumbsup2

jeanigor
07-10-2009, 09:13 AM
:grouphug::grouphug:To my friends who may not be physically close, but very close to my heart.:grouphug::grouphug:

Launchpad11B
07-10-2009, 09:16 AM
:grouphug::grouphug:To my friends who may not be physically close, but very close to my heart.:grouphug::grouphug:

Hope you have a better day today Todd. :thumbsup2

DVCsince02
07-10-2009, 09:23 AM
:grouphug:Hug Fest!:grouphug:

katscradle
07-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Good morning guys!
John worked late last night so we will be heading for our cottage sometime this afternoon. Coming home Monday night.
God I love the way we planned our weekends this year. :love:
Every weekend will be a long weekend for us.
John has every Friday and Monday off.:yay::yay::yay:

katscradle
07-10-2009, 09:25 AM
If this is a hug fest here you go.
One for each of you.
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::hug::hug::hug::grou phug::grouphug:
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug::grouphug:

kimisabella
07-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Happy Friday everyone - it's just a lovefest around here :grouphug:......... sing it with me "can you feel the love tonight.........."

Hope everyones day and weekend is a little better than yesterday

klam_chowder
07-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Here are some ideas Karen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5yCwN7wymc

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Especially the first one with the gun since I just tried biathelete shooting at Lake Placid (22 rifle). Given my demonstrated marksmanship, these groundhogs have nothing to worry about :lmao: :lmao:

These buggers have got me beat - I think every morning now they are waiting for me to bring their breakfast tray :rotfl: :rotfl: I'm definitely feeling like I need a shipment from ACME :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Just thought I would post and say hi!
I don't know if we are leaving late tonight for the cottage or tomorrow.
So if you don't hear from me again, have a great weekend. :thumbsup2

Have a great time at the cottage u 2! :goodvibes

Too cute!!

Wasn't that just a great movie!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and stays dry!!:yay:

:wave2: Shanan!

Happy Friday all. Glad it's finally here. Now to just manage to make it thru the day :lmao:because tomorrow I leave for WDW. Can't wait...:banana:

Enjoy-la! :cheer2:

Good morning everyone. I am off to Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

Are you officially joining the taunting team?! :rolleyes:

We're heading to see Nickelback tonite - forecast is for sunny skies! :cool1:

:grouphug: make it a fab weekend all!

cheers,
:flower3:

tiggerbell
07-10-2009, 09:47 AM
:grouphug: to you all!

And a big :woohoo: - I get to go to Disney in 8 weeks!!!!!

tlcoke
07-10-2009, 10:51 AM
:grouphug: to all my DIS Friends

katscradle
07-10-2009, 11:12 AM
Happy Friday everyone - it's just a lovefest around here :grouphug:......... sing it with me "can you feel the love tonight.........."

Hope everyones day and weekend is a little better than yesterday

Hey Kim if you liked that song then go to the podcast board and check out the thread "this is for my wife."
The song John posted for me is fantastic. :thumbsup2

kimisabella
07-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey Kim if you liked that song then go to the podcast board and check out the thread "this is for my wife."
The song John posted for me is fantastic. :thumbsup2

How sweet!!!! I just listened to it, made me tear up a bit. I'm sure John will be getting something "special" for that one ;)

sshaw10060
07-10-2009, 12:01 PM
TGIF! I can't wait for this weekend. The only problem is my father-in-law is in the hospital. Not sure how serious it is yet. Hopefully it isn't anything too major. It gets draining since as a veterinarian I get to play medical expert for the for the whole family. No one seems to care I am a doggie doctor. At least it isn't going to rain all weekend.

jeanigor
07-10-2009, 12:05 PM
TGIF! I can't wait for this weekend. The only problem is my father-in-law is in the hospital. Not sure how serious it is yet. Hopefully it isn't anything too major. It gets draining since as a veterinarian I get to play medical expert for the for the whole family. No one seems to care I am a doggie doctor. At least it isn't going to rain all weekend.

But its all about the same, just a different size, right? That said, I have a pain right over here. Could take a look at it???:rotfl::rotfl::lmao::lmao:

Alice2020
07-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I had an idea last night (which is usually the first sentence uttered before shenanigans ensue).

I am terrible at matching names and faces! I would really like to have a "yearbook" of Dis members on the cruise. Is there already such a thing? Maybe we could put together something with a picture of the cruiser, brief bio, email address and screen name?

What do you guys think?

-Kelly

jeanigor
07-10-2009, 12:31 PM
I had an idea last night (which is usually the first sentence uttered before shenanigans ensue).

I am terrible at matching names and faces! I would really like to have a "yearbook" of Dis members on the cruise. Is there already such a thing? Maybe we could put together something with a picture of the cruiser, brief bio, email address and screen name?

What do you guys think?

-Kelly

Fair warning, the rule around here is: You come up with the idea, you do it.:goodvibes

That being said, sounds like a good idea. Bit of a daunting task with 1/4 of the ship booked....

Alice2020
07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I have no problem with the layout or data compilation, but I only opened a photobucket account two weeks- so the whole large file sharing thing is a bit new to me. Frankly, I find it more daunting to figure out who is who in four days than it would be to take 500+ days and compile some info on my fellow cruisers.

I will work on a format for the bio and a general page layout. This should be fun!:flower3:

-Kelly

dpuck1998
07-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Wow! This has turned into one big "Hug-A-Thon"! Who else is out there...C'Mon! Join in wherever you are! :grouphug:

Go easy on her Puck! Are you going to tell her you are a 31 handicapp too? ;)

Have fun buddy! :thumbsup2

Did I say 31....I meant 13 ;) Its a scramble so it should be fun.

maroo
07-10-2009, 01:38 PM
I have no problem with the layout or data compilation, but I only opened a photobucket account two weeks- so the whole large file sharing thing is a bit new to me. Frankly, I find it more daunting to figure out who is who in four days than it would be to take 500+ days and compile some info on my fellow cruisers.

I will work on a format for the bio and a general page layout. This should be fun!:flower3:

-Kelly

Kelly -
See, I almost called you Alice. :confused3

I think this is a GREAT idea. So much so, that I would be glad to help you with it.

Something my sister-in-law did (and I will have to get more info) is compile a book of pictures and writing for her friend for a wedding. Basically it was a website they set up where people were able to add their own pictures and write what they wanted to the bride and groom and then they printed it as a book when it was all over.

Then anyone that wanted a copy could just buy one from the site for a nominal fee.

I have no idea what website it was...but it would not be too hard to research and figure out.

Or more of a database so that we could print it in order of user name? So we can figure out who everyone is? Heck...I could use that now. :rotfl:

I think this is a great idea and I will be glad to help with it. We have lots of time to put something like this together for any Cruisers that want it.

Alice2020
07-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Kelly -
See, I almost called you Alice. :confused3

I think this is a GREAT idea. So much so, that I would be glad to help you with it.

Something my sister-in-law did (and I will have to get more info) is compile a book of pictures and writing for her friend for a wedding. Basically it was a website they set up where people were able to add their own pictures and write what they wanted to the bride and groom and then they printed it as a book when it was all over.

Then anyone that wanted a copy could just buy one from the site for a nominal fee.

I have no idea what website it was...but it would not be too hard to research and figure out.

Or more of a database so that we could print it in order of user name? So we can figure out who everyone is? Heck...I could use that now. :rotfl:

I think this is a great idea and I will be glad to help with it. We have lots of time to put something like this together for any Cruisers that want it.

To quote the immortal Homer Simpson, "Woo Hoo!". :yay: It sounds like this idea could get off the ground. I would really, really appreciate someone to collaborate with. Send me a PM with your email.

-Kelly

L.E. Ott
07-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Hmmm, an actual real Facebook for the cruise......that's a good idea!!!

Is it going to have little bio entries in it like a yearbook? For instance:

Todd Carrier
Most Likely to Pee in the Floor

This could be fun.......popcorn::

tlcoke
07-10-2009, 04:00 PM

What do you guys think?

-Kelly

Actually we had started a thread here on the cruise board to help us put Faces to Screen names.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2193810

I work in Printing, so if we decide to print a book or we can do it as a downloadable document in PDF format, I can help get it printed or formated as a PDF.

Alice2020
07-10-2009, 07:18 PM
I think a PDF would be the way to go....

Would we maybe want to sell these for Give Kids the World? In the spirit of the cruise, the DIS is known to be a very charitable bunch!

georgemoe
07-10-2009, 11:09 PM
I work in Printing, so if we decide to print a book or we can do it as a downloadable document in PDF format, I can help get it printed or formated as a PDF.

Hi Tracey. Deb's company has a plant in Versailles. :scratchin

sshaw10060
07-11-2009, 07:11 AM
Wow I am actually first today. Have a great weekend

georgemoe
07-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Wow I am actually first today. Have a great weekend

Hey Scott. I think everyone is enjoying the summer. A bit quiet for my liking. Getting ready for a little yard choring and then going to enjoy the weekend. Hope you have a great one as well.

Disneybridein2k3
07-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Happy Friday all. Glad it's finally here. Now to just manage to make it thru the day :lmao:because tomorrow I leave for WDW. Can't wait...

:banana:
Have fun on your trip Kathy!

ADP
07-11-2009, 09:28 AM
Morning Everyone!

Thanks for the recipe George!

It just started thundering here and the rain is falling. I'm hopeful to get a run in between rain drops. I think Anna may go with me today.

Enjoy your Saturday everyone!

dpuck1998
07-11-2009, 09:31 AM
Morning Everyone!

It just started thundering here and the rain is falling. I'm hopeful to get a run in between rain drops. I think Anna may go with me today.

Morning Aaron! Have a good run. I'm hoping to be able to run today. The knee feels better and I need to test it out.

Launchpad11B
07-11-2009, 09:38 AM
Morning Everyone!

Morning Aaron! Have a good run. I'm hoping to be able to run today. The knee feels better and I need to test it out.

Howdy peeps. :goodvibes

ADP
07-11-2009, 10:26 AM

Howdy peeps. :goodvibes
Morning fellas.

DVCsince02
07-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Morning DIS hubbys. :)

Morning everyone.

firsttimemom
07-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Good morning everyone! I wish we could get some of the rain many of you are getting. It's been dry dry dry here. I just had a sucky run on the treadmill- trying to get back in the saddle, so to speak. I had foot surgery last summer and probably babied it a bit too much through the winter. It stinks trying to get BACK into shape after you worked so hard to get there in the first place.

I think DD and I are off to the mall today. She starts middle school this year and needs uniforms. As if middle school alone wasn't bad enough- they're 'forcing' her to wear khaki and to tuck her shirt in (her words).:sad2::sad2::sad2:

Wish me luck!

aGoofyMom
07-11-2009, 01:42 PM
Afternoon all! Woke up to some nasty thunderstorms. I got to sleep in too! I had to get DD all packed - she has a sleep over with my sister tonight. One nephews' family birthday party tonight, the other has a llama judging with 4H today. They are taking in a rodeo tomorrow. I am working tonight so I will miss all of it. DH is staying for the dinner & cake and coming home. At least he will get some peace & quiet - and it will be too wet outside for him to do any chores.
Now that I have managed to find breakfast, I need to go nap! :thumbsup2

I hope to check in again tonight...as long as the storms move on out!

AND - I am very excited for my parents (who won't try a Disney cruise) as they have booked a cruise from Vancouver to Hawaii!!! I am VERY jealous!

tlcoke
07-11-2009, 06:38 PM
Good Evening everyone! I hope you are enjoying your weekend.
The rains out of Indy, missed us to the most part, just a few sprinkles, though it looked like it could pour down most of the day. The storms went just to our East more towards Cincinnati.

tlcoke
07-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi Tracey. Deb's company has a plant in Versailles. :scratchin

Hi George & Debbie,
What is the company's name? I work at the University of Louisville in their In-plant printing facility, we do both digital & offset printing onsite and through outsourcing.

sshaw10060
07-12-2009, 08:27 AM
Two days in a row. Good morning all. apparently have a 2 year old that believes the day should start at 6am had its advantages. We had torrential downpours last night, but today should be nice.

corky441
07-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Morning Everyone - Happy Sunday :hippie:

Looks like the monster storms have finally passed - yesterday's storms reminded me of the Florida storms in mid-summer while trying to drive I-4. :scared1:

Beautiful sunshine right now. Headed off to the "Taste of Buffalo" restaurant festival today - over 60 restaurants are participating this year :woohoo:

Too bad tomorrow is weigh-in day .... I guess I'll be having the light & healthy offerings :thumbsup2

georgemoe
07-12-2009, 08:49 AM
Happy Sunday all. :wave2:

We had some showers pass through last night and beautiful sun this morning. Deb and I got all our house chores done yesterday and after groceries today we will relax. :)

I hope everyone has a great day. :thumbsup2

georgemoe
07-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Hi George & Debbie,
What is the company's name? I work at the University of Louisville in their In-plant printing facility, we do both digital & offset printing onsite and through outsourcing.

QuebecorWorld.

ADP
07-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Good Morning Everyone! A beautiful sunny day in Central Indiana.

Soon I'm headed out to mow the lawn, and my Niece's Birthday party later today.

Enjoy your Sunday! :)

Launchpad11B
07-12-2009, 08:51 AM
Happy Sunday all. :wave2:

We had some showers pass through last night and beautiful sun this morning. Deb and I got all our house chores done yesterday and after groceries today we will relax. :)

Mornin' George and everyone. :goodvibes Alicia and I are going to see "The Public Enemy" today. :thumbsup2

georgemoe
07-12-2009, 09:02 AM

Mornin' George and everyone. :goodvibes Alicia and I are going to see "The Public Enemy" today. :thumbsup2

Sounds like both of you have some nice Sunday stuff planned. :thumbsup2

I have the bluray "Morning Light" that I'll be watching tonight. It's the documentary Roy Disney produced about The Transpacific Yacht Race.

mainegal
07-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Good morning, all!

This will start the third day of the ten day Maine International Film Festival. So far, I have seen six interesting and entertaining films. Three, maybe four, on the agenda for today.

I don't mind if it rains while I am in the theater. But I want it to stop for my bike ride back home. That's what happened last night. I had to ride through puddles at 11:30 at night, but at least it was not still raining!

"Movie lovers do it in the dark!"

dpuck1998
07-12-2009, 10:00 AM

Looks like a good movie, report back.

Get to mow'en! I got it done yesterday so I can relax today ;) Tamras mom is coming home this afternoon, so it will be a busy but happy day!

scarlett873
07-12-2009, 10:04 AM
:wave2:

I'm tired this morning...I haven't been going to bed until 1-2am the last few nights, and then only sleeping 4-6 hours.

I'm already having cruise related dreams. Last night I dreamt that it was Pirate night...pirate:

mainegal
07-12-2009, 10:39 AM

I'm already having cruise related dreams. Last night I dreamt that it was Pirate night...pirate:

Last night at the movie theater I found a pirate eye patch someone must have lost. Maybe it is from your dream!

jeanigor
07-12-2009, 11:35 AM

I'm tired this morning...I haven't been going to bed until 1-2am the last few nights, and then only sleeping 4-6 hours.

Arg!pirate:pirate: Does that mean tonight's dream will be full of karaoke?

Mouse Skywalker
07-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Greetings Everyone: I'm sitting here by Keuka Lake - one of the Finger Lakes here in central NY. It's almost 70 degrees. Whew, I'll have to take my fleece off soon. Have a great day everyone.

ADP
07-12-2009, 12:30 PM

More details please. What kind of night was it?

Disneybridein2k3
07-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Man - you are awfully bossy today! No please or nothin. Rude, rude, rude. Does your wife put up with that? :eek: Guess you are over being afraid of Paul, huh?

dpuck1998
07-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Man - you are awfully bossy today! No please or nothin. Rude, rude, rude. Does your wife put up with that? :eek: Guess you are over being afraid of Paul, huh?

He responds better to orders. If I asked nicely he might think something was wrong me. :rotfl2:

Alice2020
07-12-2009, 01:34 PM
Good Morning!

Did anyone notice the blog about the 5K trail on Castaway Cay? I am really psyched about this because 2 weeks ago I started using Couch to 5K podcasts to start exercising with a goal of running a 5K. If I can keep up the running, my ultimate goal would be to run in one of the Disney Marathons, but I have to start with a much smaller, much more attainable goal :goodvibes

Have any of you run this trail on CC? I would love to hear more about it!

-Kelly

tlcoke
07-12-2009, 05:52 PM
Good Morning!

Did anyone notice the blog about the 5K trail on Castaway Cay? I am really psyched about this because 2 weeks ago I started using Couch to 5K podcasts to start exercising with a goal of running a 5K. If I can keep up the running, my ultimate goal would be to run in one of the Disney Marathons, but I have to start with a much smaller, much more attainable goal :goodvibes

-Kelly

Kelly,
Here is a thread, that Dave posted along with the Blog, that answered some questions.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224786

Madi100
07-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Happy Sunday everyone! Whew. I'm finally taking a deep sigh of relief. We had our house inspected, and everything is pretty good, and they aren't asking for too much. We do have radon, but thanks to some advice from my brother, we are having it retested. Seems that you are not supposed to test for radon during high winds or severe storms. We had high winds and lots of storms during the test and that is when it got high. So, we are going to pay $100 to have it done again, and then we will fix it if it's a problem then.

jen3003
07-12-2009, 06:39 PM
Kelly,
Here is a thread, that Dave posted along with the Blog, that answered some questions.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2224786

Thanks for posting this. I too would like to do this although I would probably walk more than run. I told my DD who will be 11 at the time of the cruise and she thought it was a cool idea.

My only problem would be stopping to many times to take pics. I might never finish the run. :laughing:

Launchpad11B
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM

The movie was very boring. The story of John Dilliger has been told one too many times. Johnny Depp was good but this movie will be a dud. The theater was empty. :sad2:

tiggerbell
07-12-2009, 09:00 PM
The movie was very boring. The story of John Dilliger has been told one too many times. Johnny Depp was good but this movie will be a dud. The theater was empty. :sad2:

90 minutes of Johnny Depp is never time wasted.

Just sayin'.

Your milage may vary.

maroo
07-12-2009, 09:40 PM

Just sayin'.

Your milage may vary.

That is what I am talking about! :thumbsup2

dpuck1998
07-12-2009, 10:12 PM

That is a shame. Had potential. I'll save up my adult movie time for something decent.

jeanigor
07-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Good Morning!

-Kelly

We're planning on the 5K and 1/2 marathon in January. :crosses fingers it's only a water pump and not a new engine the car needs:

That is a shame. Had potential. I'll save up my adult movie time for something decent.

We shan't talk about adult movies on a family board Don.....

dpuck1998
07-12-2009, 10:35 PM
We're planning on the 5K and 1/2 marathon in January. :crosses fingers it's only a water pump and not a new engine the car needs:

We shan't talk about adult movies on a family board Don.....

Todd, are you running the 5K and/or 1/2 marathon? My goal is to run a half in the next year and work up to a full.

About those adult movies. I was thinking non-cartoon, but I'm up for anything ;)

mainegal
07-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Too bad you had a boring movie.

I have seen eight films in the past three days at the Maine International Film Festival. Not a boring one yet!

jeanigor
07-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Todd, are you running the 5K and/or 1/2 marathon? My goal is to run a half in the next year and work up to a full.

About those adult movies. I was thinking non-cartoon, but I'm up for anything ;)

Assuming that the car issue doesn't destroy my discretionary spending; yes, I (possibly along with DP) am/are looking to run/jog in the 5K and 1/2 marathon during Marathon Weekend in January 2010 (about a month after DAP). Just waiting to hear from Kathy about DIS Group sign-ups. (I know its Disney dragging their feet, because Kathy is always three steps ahead of the ball.)

Madi100
07-12-2009, 10:45 PM

I didn't know that they made adult movies in cartoon form. You can learn about EVERYTHING on the DIS.

BriarRosie
07-12-2009, 11:06 PM
Thanks for posting this. I too would like to do this although I would probably walk more than run. I told my DD who will be 11 at the time of the cruise and she thought it was a cool idea.

My only problem would be stopping to many times to take pics. I might never finish the run. :laughing:

Then I'll probably be hanging back with you, too. :laughing:

Becx N Gav
07-13-2009, 04:27 AM
Morning all, hope everyone had a good weekend?

I was not feeling good at all - for most of the weekend :sick: Took Friday off work and still didn't feel ok until Sunday (then I had to catch up on the last 2 days :headache:)

Just catching up this morning, the 'year book' idea sounds great :thumbsup2 we could even get it signed by everyone once we're on the ship - although at this rate that would take up the majority of the time :rotfl:

I couldn't believe poor Kevins news about his father :sad1: it really does bring it home how things can change in an instant and to never take things for granted :grouphug: to everyone, it's been a very sad month for bereavements :sad2:

Becx N Gav
07-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Oooops, double post!

Launchpad11B
07-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Mornin' peeps. :goodvibes After two weeks off of my regular schedule, it's back to normal today. 5am and the birds are singing. Life is good! Have a great day! :thumbsup2

tlcoke
07-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Good Morning Becky & Paul and all my DIS Friends!

I hope you have a good week this week. I get to make my dining reservations for WDW October trip this Friday, any recommendations?

Have a good day.

jeanigor
07-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Morning all, hope everyone had a good weekend?

I was not feeling good at all - for most of the weekend :sick: Took Friday off work and still didn't feel ok until Sunday (then I had to catch up on the last 2 days :headache:)

Just catching up this morning, the 'year book' idea sounds great :thumbsup2 we could even get it signed by everyone once we're on the ship - although at this rate that would take up the majority of the time :rotfl:

I couldn't believe poor Kevins news about his father :sad1: it really does bring it home how things can change in an instant and to never take things for granted :grouphug: to everyone, it's been a very sad month for bereavements :sad2:

I hope you feel better soon, Becx. Maybe work will help?:goodvibes
I tried to get a bunch of signatures on PCC 1.0. It meant carrying my autograph book (my one for DIS characters was far larger than the one for Disney characters) everywhere. I know I didn't get nearly everyone. I aim to remedy that next time around. Oh and have a photo with EVERYONE. And I don't mean a group shot.

Mornin' peeps. :goodvibes After two weeks off of my regular schedule, it's back to normal today. 5am and the birds are singing. Life is good! Have a great day! :thumbsup2

Good Morning, Paul. I sure hope things are back to normal and it will be a good week!!!:thumbsup2

georgemoe
07-13-2009, 07:36 AM
Good morning all. :wave:

Pretty nice weekend here in New England. What's left of my garden is starting to come around. Finally some sun. :)

mainegal
07-13-2009, 07:51 AM
Good morning! We here in Maine are having our fifth day of summer!
No rain - HOORAY!!!

Becx N Gav
07-13-2009, 08:00 AM

Wow I only just beat you this am :scared1: I have to say I only like to see 5am when I am due to go on vacation, we were woken up by some blooming noisy magpies the other day who didn't seem to realise we were trying to sleep :mad:

I hope you have a good week this week. I get to make my dining reservations for WDW October trip this Friday, any recommendations?

Have a good day.

I am really hoping they will extend the Wishes dessert parties through Sept :worship:
I would recommend saving plenty of room for Food and Wine goodies :thumbsup2 We've devoted a lunch and dinner to trying all the booths, there is always something I want to go back and have another portion but then I'm full - so we think this will allow for maximum face stuffing :woohoo:

I tried to get a bunch of signatures on PCC 1.0. It meant carrying my autograph book (my one for DIS characters was far larger than the one for Disney characters) everywhere. I know I didn't get nearly everyone. I aim to remedy that next time around. Oh and have a photo with EVERYONE. And I don't mean a group shot.

Good Morning, Paul. I sure hope things are back to normal and it will be a good week!!!:thumbsup2

Awww, thanks Todd - was feeling better on Sunday (although very tired as someone in the area had a party that went on until 2am :sad2: :scared: )

I managed to sneak into a few pics but didn't take many myself :rolleyes: I haven't even watched the camera footage I took yet - my excuse is the PC wasn't working and I didn't want to save it all on the lap top :rolleyes1 however we think the PC is ok now (after replacing everything inside it :headache: )

cocowum
07-13-2009, 08:36 AM

Just sayin'.

Your milage may vary.

Very true Jaime, very true...::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

dpuck1998
07-13-2009, 08:40 AM
I didn't know that they made adult movies in cartoon form. You can learn about EVERYTHING on the DIS.

Stick with me, I'll change your good girl image ;)

Morn'en

Pretty nice weekend here in New England. What's left of my garden is starting to come around. Finally some sun. :)

Hi George!

Madi100
07-13-2009, 08:44 AM

I'm scared, very, very scared. :)

shellyminnie
07-13-2009, 08:50 AM
Morning!!

Just wanted to say . . . . . .

I

hit

2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:: cool1::cool1:

klam_chowder
07-13-2009, 09:30 AM
Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Glad ur feeling better Becky :hug:

Congrats on 2000 Shelly :thumbsup2

How do you know it's time to clean out your gutters?
- by the water that rages OVER your gutters during every thundershower?
-- nope
- it's when you start to see little trees growing in your gutters! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So we bought a big ladder this w/end and went up there to get the job done... :scared: :eek:

All the weekend was not lost tho: Nickelback's set was short but that meant they played all their best stuff - summer concerts are always a good time. :cool1: And late yesterday afternoon some friends called us up and told us to come over for some bbq burgers and to catch up :goodvibes

Make it a great week all! :upsidedow

cheers,

ADP
07-13-2009, 09:35 AM

That is too bad. I actually saw part of this movie being shot in downtown Chicago during a business trip. They had the street closed off. I walked up to the crowd to see Johnny Depp from a distance talking to some sort of director or producer.

Glad you're back to the nornmal schedule Paul. A daily routine can work wondeers for stress levels.

Morn'en

Hi George!
Good morning fellas! Hope you all have a great Monday!
Congratulations on 2000 Shelly!

georgemoe
07-13-2009, 09:38 AM
Hi George!

Hi Don. Sounds like dinner Saturday night was not worth the wait.

Morning!!
I
hit

Way to go Shelly! Happy 2000. :)

Hi Karen! :wave2:

dpuck1998
07-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Hi Don. Sounds like dinner Saturday night was not worth the wait.

You will be hard pressed to find any dinner worth 2 1/2 hrs, so no. It was good, however I'd had as good or better without the wait or the ability to make a reservation. Didn't help that the waitress tried to rip us off at the end of the nite also.

Becx N Gav
07-13-2009, 01:14 PM
I'm scared, very, very scared. :)

Run Away :scared1:

Becx N Gav
07-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Morning!!

Just wanted to say . . . . . .

I

hit

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::b anana:
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:: cool1::cool1:
Congratulations :thumbsup2 I missed mine, I just forgot about it and posted a couple of times :confused3 Not long to 3000 :rotfl:

Becx N Gav
07-13-2009, 01:16 PM

Glad ur feeling better Becky :hug:

Congrats on 2000 Shelly :thumbsup2

How do you know it's time to clean out your gutters?
- by the water that rages OVER your gutters during every thundershower?
-- nope
- it's when you start to see little trees growing in your gutters! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

So we bought a big ladder this w/end and went up there to get the job done... :scared: :eek:

All the weekend was not lost tho: Nickelback's set was short but that meant they played all their best stuff - summer concerts are always a good time. :cool1: And late yesterday afternoon some friends called us up and told us to come over for some bbq burgers and to catch up :goodvibes

Make it a great week all! :upsidedow

cheers,

We did our gutters last fall but they're more like window boxes now :rolleyes:

Gald you enjoyed the concert, we've been watching all the music festivals on TV, I think I'm too used to comfort these days to go sleep in a field with 1000's of others - DH doesn't enjoy the lack of a clean loo :lmao:

tlcoke
07-13-2009, 02:20 PM
Congrats Shelly on your 2000th post. :woohoo:

I will hit 500 posts sometime this week. :banana:

jeanigor
07-13-2009, 02:25 PM
Congrats Shelly on your 2000th post. :woohoo:

I will hit 500 posts sometime this week. :banana:

Woo Hoo!!!!:woohoo::woohoo:

Tonya2426
07-13-2009, 03:00 PM
Oooops, double post!

Posting violation!!!! Someone owes a round of drinks!!!! :banana::yay::banana::yay:

corky441
07-13-2009, 03:02 PM

Then I'll probably be hanging back with you, too. :laughing:

I was thinking of doing the 5k too, but figured everyone else would be running and leave me in a cloud of dust. Good to know that there are a few who are doing it in a more relaxed walk/jog mode :yay:

tlcoke
07-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I was thinking of doing the 5k too, but figured everyone else would be running and leave me in a cloud of dust. Good to know that there are a few who are doing it in a more relaxed walk/jog mode :yay:

I'll be walking it, so no worrys about being left behind.

DVCsince02
07-13-2009, 05:17 PM
Another walker!!! Kids can stay with DH.

sshaw10060
07-13-2009, 05:54 PM
Finally made it on the boards this evening. No first post of the day today. I was out of the house at 6am to drive in to Boston for the International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis Meeting. It is much harder to go to a meeting in your home town. Life has a way of intruding. I can't get the the conference tomorrow due to some obligations at work. Oh well, the meeting just makes me feel stupid anyway.

Disneybridein2k3
07-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Nicole has a good girl image??? :laughing: (suckah!)

I didn't realize we were collecting walkers. Sign me up!
Finally made it on the boards this evening. No first post of the day today. I was out of the house at 6am to drive in to Boston for the International Society of Thrombosis and Hemostasis Meeting. It is much harder to go to a meeting in your home town. Life has a way of intruding. I can't get the the conference tomorrow due to some obligations at work. Oh well, the meeting just makes me feel stupid anyway.
I can't even spell the meeting you went to. Does that make you feel smarter? :flower3:

Karen - it sounded like the Nickelback concert rocked! :thumbsup2 So jealous!

mainegal
07-13-2009, 11:41 PM

Is it okay to be even more relaxed? Just walk - not walk/jog?

Becx N Gav
07-14-2009, 02:59 AM
Posting violation!!!! Someone owes a round of drinks!!!! :banana::yay::banana::yay:

I didn't mean to :flower3: the page timed out so I hit back and tried again and then realised it had worked :blush: this is gonna be one expensive cruise :faint:

I'll be walking it, so no worrys about being left behind.

I didn't realise we could walk :idea:

Is it okay to be even more relaxed? Just walk - not walk/jog?

I'm with you on that :yay: I don't DO anything faster than a walk ( I like to keep at least one foot on the floor at any one time ;) )

Becx N Gav
07-14-2009, 03:18 AM
Morning all BTW :wave2:

Looks like a lovely day here, although it could rain this afternoon :rolleyes:

Launchpad11B
07-14-2009, 05:18 AM
Mornin' Becx and everyone! :goodvibes Another day is here. Make it a good one! :thumbsup2

tlcoke
07-14-2009, 06:04 AM
Good Morning Paul, Becky & Everyone! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

I have to attend a mandatory diversity/safe place training session this afternoon, I had it postponed from last month. I don't think they will let me out of it today.

mainegal
07-14-2009, 06:58 AM
I have to attend a mandatory diversity/safe place training session this afternoon, I had it postponed from last month. I don't think they will let me out of it today.

Oh, have fun! Love those meetings.

"Didn't we just do this last month...???", I whine. No, it was one year ago!

Becx N Gav
07-14-2009, 07:04 AM
Oh, have fun! Love those meetings.

"Didn't we just do this last month...???", I whine. No, it was one year ago!

Doesn't time seem to just fly by between these fascinating meetings :rotfl:

mainegal
07-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Doesn't time seem to just fly by between these facinating meetings :rotfl:

Just like time will fly by until we are on the podcast cruise!

jeanigor
07-14-2009, 07:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone!!! :wave:
Has anybody seen AskTracy lately?:confused3
I miss her.:guilty:

mainegal
07-14-2009, 07:09 AM
AskTracy answered question on the "anyone celebrating?" thread at 5:00 this morning.

jeanigor
07-14-2009, 07:14 AM
AskTracy answered question on the "anyone celebrating?" thread at 5:00 this morning.

I saw that right after I posted that.:goodvibes See she is always one step ahead of me.

Becx N Gav
07-14-2009, 07:18 AM
Mornin' Becx and everyone! :goodvibes Another day is here. Make it a good one! :thumbsup2

Morning Paul, back to the daily routine?

Morning Tracey - enjoy the training :thumbsup2

Just like time will fly by until we are on the podcast cruise!

Woo hoo :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Good Morning Everyone!!! :wave:
Has anybody seen AskTracy lately?:confused3
I miss her.:guilty:

I'm sure she has been very busy trying to get everyone their requests and answer a million questions. She certainly deserved the Wine of the Month Club :goodvibes

dpuck1998
07-14-2009, 08:05 AM
Howdy peeps! Going to be a nice day here, can't wait to get out of here and I just got here.

klam_chowder
07-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Happy anyone-supposed-to-pay-me-a-burger-today! :wave2:

I like to keep at least one foot on the floor at any one time ;)

I'm cracking myself up visualizing all sorts of things one-legged things you do :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Stacey, it was a blast but now I also know why I don't buy tix to see Papa Roach, Hinder or Saving Abel - wow, I didn't know 'that word' could be a noun, verb, pronoun and adverb all in the same sentence! :idea: :faint:

George - great to hear your garden's finally adapted to the swamp :rolleyes:

Going to catch Transformers tonite - haven't had a chance yet and DH wants to see it :rolleyes1 because HP is gonna boot it out of IMAX tomorrow! :thumbsup2 :woohoo: :yay::cheer2: Guess you can tell what we're gonna see next ;)

cheers,

ADP
07-14-2009, 09:30 AM
Howdy peeps! Going to be a nice day here, can't wait to get out of here and I just got here.
Wait a minute...Aren't you in your basement? Your basement is like the Grand Floridian. ;)

sshaw10060
07-14-2009, 09:34 AM

Sounds like as much fun as the mandatory sexual harrassment training we had to got to after an "incident" (and no I was not invlolved). Sadly after 8 hours of training I knew a lot of different ways to harrass that had never even occured to me and I am sure the offenders were unchanged.

corky441
07-14-2009, 09:39 AM
Bonjour Bonjour - Happy Bastille Day :)

[QUOTE=mainegal;32698298]Is it okay to be even more relaxed? Just walk - not walk/jog?

I didn't realise we could walk :idea:

Well, it appears we'll have a nice walking group for the Castaway 5k - :jumping1: Now we all need to behave ourselves the night before so we can get up early to do this :rotfl2:

dpuck1998
07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Wait a minute...Aren't you in your basement? Your basement is like the Grand Floridian. ;)

I'm in the basement at work....not nearly as nice!

jeanigor
07-14-2009, 09:43 AM
Bonjour Bonjour - Happy Bastille Day :)

Vive la revolution!

Well, it appears we'll have a nice walking group for the Castaway 5k - :jumping1: Now we all need to behave ourselves the night before so we can get up early to do this :rotfl2:

Behave? This group? NEVER HAPPEN!:sad2::sad2::sad2:

tlcoke
07-14-2009, 09:47 AM
Sounds like as much fun as the mandatory sexual harrassment training we had to got to after an "incident" (and no I was not invlolved). Sadly after 8 hours of training I knew a lot of different ways to harrass that had never even occured to me and I am sure the offenders were unchanged.

Yes, That sums up what comes out of these training events and they become mandatory, because people can't behave themselves like civil animals...uh I mean individuals :lmao:.

Alice2020
07-14-2009, 10:52 AM

I feel for you- my husband's department had to do an extra round of these training because someone used thier finger to write "Hello" on a woman's computer screen while she was away from her desk. She made all sorts of complaints about being sexually harrassed/stalked. She neglected to mention the theory that someone wanted her to dust her computer screen!:rotfl:

I am off for a very busy day- I have to finish remodling my rental property this week AND be on call every night. I have never grouted tile before, I think I am going to need a little pixie dust!

Have a great day!
-Kelly

jeanigor
07-14-2009, 10:59 AM
I am off for a very busy day- I have to finish remodling my rental property this week AND be on call every night. I have never grouted tile before, I think I am going to need a little pixie dust!

Have a great day!
-Kelly

And Motrin.

mainegal
07-14-2009, 11:17 AM

Oh, no! What is on the agenda for the night before the Castaway 5k?

Just how early do we hit the beach for the 5K?

corky441
07-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Oh, no! What is on the agenda for the night before the Castaway 5k?

Just how early do we hit the beach for the 5K?

I don't know what might possibly be on the agenda for the night before the 5k, but I can only assume whatever it is will keep us up late.

According to Dave's blog about the last 5k - you meet at the gangway @ 8:30am :eek:

DVCsince02
07-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Getting up early is actually easy. Lots of hustle and bustle getting into the dock. We were up late and still got up early to watch.

jeanigor
07-14-2009, 02:59 PM
Getting up early is actually easy. Lots of hustle and bustle getting into the dock. We were up late and still got up early to watch.

I would agree. I closed down Wavebands...well not as late as the Dreams Crew, but closin' time none the less...and was able to be ready for everything in morning.

Becx N Gav
07-14-2009, 04:32 PM

Oh yeah I forgot it was an early start :scared:

I feel for you- my husband's department had to do an extra round of these training because someone used thier finger to write "Hello" on a woman's computer screen while she was away from her desk. She made all sorts of complaints about being sexually harrassed/stalked. She neglected to mention the theory that someone wanted her to dust her computer screen!:rotfl:

Have a great day!
-Kelly

I hate when a persons stupidity causes hassels for others :rolleyes: common sense has just gone out the window and people need to be told how to act - health and safety at work does my head in :headache:

Good luck with grouting - it looks tricky :confused:

I don't know what might possibly be on the agenda for the night before the 5k, but I can only assume whatever it is will keep us up late.

According to Dave's blog about the last 5k - you meet at the gangway @ 8:30am :eek:

I can try and get up that early, make sure I sleep in the next day :thumbsup2 Doubt if DH will want to go, I'll let him sleep in :goodvibes

I would agree. I closed down Wavebands...well not as late as the Dreams Crew, but closin' time none the less...and was able to be ready for everything in morning.

I just don't know how you do it :rolleyes: :upsidedow

tlcoke
07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
I survived my Diversity Training. The reason for the training was they want us to live by the University's Diversity EO Statement, and this training was to make sure we made the University Environment a Safe Place for persons of every diverse group regardless of their ethnicity and/or sexual orientation. The training was presented in an interactive nature and not just sit there and be lectured to, which made it interesting and that at least made it go by faster than some seminars I have had to attend in the past.

I just don't know why everyone can't just get along :confused3 :grouphug:.

A.Mickey
07-14-2009, 11:37 PM

-Kelly

This idea sounds great!!!!

Wow! Dreaming already about the cruise! I cannot wait to start dreaming about the cruise myself ;).
Happy Sunday everyone! Whew. I'm finally taking a deep sigh of relief. We had our house inspected, and everything is pretty good, and they aren't asking for too much. We do have radon, but thanks to some advice from my brother, we are having it retested. Seems that you are not supposed to test for radon during high winds or severe storms. We had high winds and lots of storms during the test and that is when it got high. So, we are going to pay $100 to have it done again, and then we will fix it if it's a problem then.

Oh wow! That stinks! What is radon? :confused3 Hope the next round of tests come back fine :).

Have a good day.

One word....Narcoossee's during Wishes :).

okay well maybe that is 3. Where are you thinking of dining?

Hey everyone! :wave2: Here is a group hug that I missed out on! :grouphug:
Jason and I were really busy this weekend cleaning out aparment. We filled up an entire dumpster of junk and gave all our good stuff to goodwill (2 car loads worth). :scared1:

Our apartment is nice and clean now and it will be easier for us to move now as well. Our rent is going up $90.00 a month come October 1st. We are thinking of moving and Kalamazoo, MI this is looking mighty tempting..... :hyper:

Becx N Gav
07-15-2009, 03:09 AM
I survived my Diversity Training. The reason for the training was they want us to live by the University's Diversity EO Statement, and this training was to make sure we made the University Environment a Safe Place for persons of every diverse group regardless of their ethnicity and/or sexual orientation. The training was presented in an interactive nature and not just sit there and be lectured to, which made it interesting and that at least made it go by faster than some seminars I have had to attend in the past.

I just don't know why everyone can't just get along :confused3 :grouphug:.

The training sounds like it's worth it but I do question why people don't think like that already, in this day and age most societies are mixed in all sorts of ways and people grow up with this :confused3 Seems a shame to have to tell people how to behave. At least it wasn't too boring tho :thumbsup2

Oh wow! That stinks! What is radon? :confused3 Hope the next round of tests come back fine :).

Hey everyone! :wave2: Here is a group hug that I missed out on! :grouphug:
Jason and I were really busy this weekend cleaning out aparment. We filled up an entire dumpster of junk and gave all our good stuff to goodwill (2 car loads worth). :scared1:

Our apartment is nice and clean now and it will be easier for us to move now as well. Our rent is going up $90.00 a month come October 1st. We are thinking of moving and Kalamazoo, MI this is looking mighty tempting..... :hyper:

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon

Sounds llike you had a fun weekend - it's good to have a clear out every now and again, our garage is full of bits and bobs and old boxes :confused3 One day we'll get around to selling the bits we can and dumping the other stuff ;)

I didn't know there was really a place called Kalamazoo :rotfl:

Good morning all :cheer2:

Happy hump day :yay:

Launchpad11B
07-15-2009, 05:55 AM
Mornin' peeps. :goodvibes It's Wednesday, who's going to be in chat tonight?

tlcoke
07-15-2009, 06:10 AM
The training sounds like it's worth it but I do question why people don't think like that already, in this day and age most societies are mixed in all sorts of ways and people grow up with this :confused3 Seems a shame to have to tell people how to behave. At least it wasn't too boring tho :thumbsup2

Unfortunately, I think peoples attitudes about others comes inherently from how they were raised and their personal interactions with those different from themselves. For some people, I don't think they realize their attitude, gestures or things they say can be construed as harassing or offensive to others, because that was normal where they came from. I do think society is changing and becoming more accepting, but there will still be discrimination out there to some degree based on individual's bias or need to feel powerful over another person.

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Wednesday!!!

Emiel
07-15-2009, 06:54 AM
Goodmorning to my DIS friends :cool1:

I decide I have to post a little more on the boards, so here's to good intentions. :drinking1

Becx N Gav
07-15-2009, 07:16 AM

I decide I have to post a little more on the boards, so here's to good intentions. :drinking1

Hey there Emiel!

We'll be seeing you in about 6 and a half weeks :woohoo: I can't beleive how quickly it has gone!

Good to see you here, you should try and beat Yvet's post count ;)

And bottoms up to you too :drinking1

mainegal
07-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey, Emeil! Welcome. Good to hear from you.

And good morning to everyone else.

I won't be back from the film festival until after 11:00. I might stop in to check on the very late night chatters.

Sun shining! :goodvibes But I am sure it will rain again.

I am very happy that it rains when I am in the theater, not when I am riding my bike to the theater, between the two theaters that are a mile apart, or when I ride home at 11:00 at night.

Emiel
07-15-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey there Emiel!

We'll be seeing you in about 6 and a half weeks :woohoo: I can't beleive how quickly it has gone!

Hey there!!

I can't believe how quickly things are going either. Just another month-and-a-half!! Really looking forward to it though.

I'm not sure what Yvet's post count is, but in that case I have a lot of catching up to do :laughing:

Becx N Gav
07-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Unfortunately, I think peoples attitudes about others comes inherently from how they were raised and their personal interactions with those different from themselves. For some people, I don't think they realize their attitude, gestures or things they say can be construed as harassing or offensive to others, because that was normal where they came from. I do think society is changing and becoming more accepting, but there will still be discrimination out there to some degree based on individual's bias or need to feel powerful over another person.

I guess it just saddens me that people can be narrow minded and not realise these things, with the media these days as well there is a lot more exposure to the world and different cultures (although saying that I remember one news network we saw on TV in I think 2007 calling the North Korean - No Ko's :scared1: I was rather shocked by this and in my opinion that's as bad as other words which I won't mention). I guess even UK cultures and American ones are different :confused3 I shouldn't be so naive.

georgemoe
07-15-2009, 08:10 AM

Hi Paul. I believe I'll be making an appearance. ::yes::

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Wednesday!!!

Happy Wednesday Tracey...... :goodvibes

Hi Emiel. Please be honest. You just want to play with your new iphone. :lmao:

Ooooo Oooooo, the bar is open! :rotfl2:

Hi Becx! :wave2:

dpuck1998
07-15-2009, 08:20 AM

From Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radon

Sounds llike you had a fun weekend - it's good to have a clear out every now and again, our garage is full of bits and bobs and old boxes :confused3 One day we'll get around to selling the bits we can and dumping the other stuff ;)

I didn't know there was really a place called Kalamazoo :rotfl:

I'm about 10 mins from Kalamazoo :)

Morn'en all!!

Becx N Gav
07-15-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi Paul. I believe I'll be making an appearance. ::yes::

Happy Wednesday Tracey...... :goodvibes

Ooooo Oooooo, the bar is open! :rotfl2:

Hi Becx! :wave2:

Eh up George :thumbsup2

Didn't know Emiel had an iPhone - shows how often I go on Facebook :lmao:

Morn'en all!!

That just crack me up - it's like Timbuctoo :rotfl:

And a good morning to you :yay:

Emiel
07-15-2009, 08:44 AM

:lmao:
OK George: you caught me... (actually I didn't even post this with my iPhone....)

Didn't know Emiel had an iPhone - shows how often I go on Facebook :lmao:

I only bought it last Saturday. Yvette also bought one and we're very happy with it. Unfortunately I have to work in between using my iPhone again and again. :rotfl:

BTW: How am I doing on the postcount ???

kimisabella
07-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Good morning everyone - another beautiful day here, we've had such a good stretch of weather after a horrible June.

Tonight is my sisters wedding rehersal dinner. For the last few days I've been unsucessfully trying to write a speech for the wedding. I used all my good funny jokes when I gave the speech at the engagement party.

I took my 9 year old to have her eyebrows waxed the other day, that should keep me from winning the mother of the year award for a while. She was NOT happy about it, but, after alot of coaxing, she settled down and was able to get it done. It was something that had to be done, between me and my DH, my daughter turned out with some big eyebrows :rolleyes1

jeanigor
07-15-2009, 08:46 AM

Morn'en all!!

I'm not sure that is enticement to move there.......

tiggerbell
07-15-2009, 08:49 AM

You should catch up with her by this afternoon at this rate! :goodvibes

shellyminnie
07-15-2009, 08:55 AM
OK George: you caught me... (actually I didn't even post this with my iPhone....)

I only bought it last Saturday. Yvette also bought one and we're very happy with it. Unfortunately I have to work in between using my iPhone again and again. :rotfl:

Hi Emiel!! Have fun with the new phone. I'm still iphone less :sad2:

Morning!! I'll be there!!

Emiel
07-15-2009, 09:02 AM
You should catch up with her by this afternoon at this rate! :goodvibes

I'm trying, but I'm sure that is not going to work. I just looked up her post count: 861......

shellyminnie
07-15-2009, 09:09 AM

I'm trying, but I'm sure that is not going to work. I just looked up her post count: 861......

Is that all? You would think she would be higher . . . :lmao:

DVCsince02
07-15-2009, 09:11 AM
Good morning everyone - another beautiful day here, we've had such a good stretch of weather after a horrible June.

Tonight is my sisters wedding rehersal dinner. For the last few days I've been unsucessfully trying to write a speech for the wedding. I used all my good funny jokes when I gave the speech at the engagement party.

I took my 9 year old to have her eyebrows waxed the other day, that should keep me from winning the mother of the year award for a while. She was NOT happy about it, but, after alot of coaxing, she settled down and was able to get it done. It was something that had to be done, between me and my DH, my daughter turned out with some big eyebrows :rolleyes1

I refer to my brows as Brooke and Shields. :rotfl:

Have a great time at the rehersal dinner!

ADP
07-15-2009, 09:13 AM

Hey there Emiel!

Hey, Emeil! Welcome. Good to hear from you.

And good morning to everyone else.

I won't be back from the film festival until after 11:00. I might stop in to check on the very late night chatters.

Sun shining! :goodvibes But I am sure it will rain again.

I am very happy that it rains when I am in the theater, not when I am riding my bike to the theater, between the two theaters that are a mile apart, or when I ride home at 11:00 at night.

Morn'en all!!

Good morning everyone! :wave:

I'll be in chat tonight. :thumbsup2

Glad to see you posting Emiel!

kab407
07-15-2009, 09:21 AM
I'll be in chat tonight.

I need to talk to normal people.

Lord knows they do not exist in my office.:sad1:

mainegal
07-15-2009, 09:21 AM

Will many still be in chat past 11:00? I am tired after all the movies, but still to wired to go to sleep!

jeanigor
07-15-2009, 09:24 AM
I'll be in chat tonight.

I need to talk to normal people.

Lord knows they do not exist in my office.:sad1:

Aww Kathy thinks we're normal!!!!:cool1::cool1: (Wonder how we've fooled her for so long.....:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin)

kimisabella
07-15-2009, 09:26 AM

That's so funny, that's what we told Kimberly she looked like, and this was AFTER it was done :laughing:

Emiel
07-15-2009, 09:31 AM

Goodmorning Shelley!!

Goodmorning Aaron!!

shellyminnie
07-15-2009, 09:33 AM
Aww Kathy thinks we're normal!!!!:cool1::cool1: (Wonder how we've fooled her for so long.....:scratchin :scratchin :scratchin)

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: That's what I was thinking!!

klam_chowder
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Happy hump day folks! :wave2:

Good to see you back here, Emiel :welcome: :drinking1:

Andrea, :scared: :eek: :faint: for your lil girl. Hope she liked the results :hug: I'm sure you'll do great at the reherseal dinner - best speeches I've heard always involve a personal story. Have a fab time! pixiedust:

See you in chat all! popcorn::

cheers,

scarlett873
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM

Have a great time at the rehersal dinner!This is why I am so thankful to be a true redhead...very light eyebrows!! I don't have to worry so much about plucking/waxing them!

Trying to stick to the job hunting. It's just not much fun...i've applied to several places but no responses yet. I need to get a job...otherwise I won't be able to do DAP or PCC 2.0 :(

Dodie
07-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Good morning everyone. It is still morning - right? :)

I plan to be in chat tonight, but I'll likely show up early and duck out fairly early. I have definitely caught my DH's cold :sick: and this week it's been a struggle just staying awake in the evenings. Of course, YOU GUYS may be just the motivation I need.

I'm counting down the days until my Verizon contract is up (November 21). I should have an iPhone by DAP! Then I'll be one of the cool kids. :lmao: Seriously, it's not (only) DIS peer pressure. I really, really want one.

I understand my BFF Kathy's need to speak to normal people in chat because the term "normal" is based on our DIS-crazed definition of it. We are normal. Everyone else is crazy. ;)

And now... a special shout-out to my DIS Hubby Paul :wave2: and my dear buddy Todd! :wave:

Oh - and guess what - it's RAINING AGAIN. http://images.zaazu.com/img/rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley-emoticon-000400-design.gif

kab407
07-15-2009, 09:54 AM

I plan to be in chat tonight, but I'll likely show up early and duck out fairly early. I have definitely caught my DH's cold :sick: and this week it's been a struggle just staying awake in the evenings. Of course, YOU GUYS may be just the motivation I need.

I'm counting down the days until my Verizon contract is up (November 21). I should have an iPhone by DAP! Then I'll be one of the cool kids. :lmao: Seriously, it's not (only) DIS peer pressure. I really, really want one.

I understand my BFF Kathy's need to speak to normal people in chat because the term "normal" is based on our DIS-crazed definition of it. We are normal. Everyone else is crazy. ;)

And now... a special shout-out to my DIS Hubby Paul :wave2: and my dear buddy Todd! :wave:

Oh - and guess what - it's RAINING AGAIN. http://images.zaazu.com/img/rain-animated-animation-rain-smiley-emoticon-000400-design.gif

Hope you're feeling better Dodie!:hug:

mainegal
07-15-2009, 10:01 AM

I am so sorry.
This summer has been way too rainy.
And here in Maine, the temps make it feel like fall! Too weird...

Becx N Gav
07-15-2009, 10:06 AM

Remember Yvette is shy ........

kimisabella
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
This is why I am so thankful to be a true redhead...very light eyebrows!! I don't have to worry so much about plucking/waxing them!

Trying to stick to the job hunting. It's just not much fun...i've applied to several places but no responses yet. I need to get a job...otherwise I won't be able to do DAP or PCC 2.0 :(

You are very lucky - being Italian & having such dark hair is a recipe for disaster... it is such a pain..

Wishing you lots of luck so you will be able to make DAP & PCC 2.0.

Becx N Gav
07-15-2009, 10:15 AM

Have fun at the dinner!

I hope your daughter is ok? She will thank you for it when she is a little older - it's so nice when you're that age and don't have to worry about your appearance :goodvibes

Morning!! I'll be there!!

Morning Shelly, no iPhone for me either (but I can borrow DH's ;))

Morning Aaron :)

I think we have re-defined normal so everyone else appears to be far from it - but as long as we're all on the same page it doesn't matter :lmao:

This is why I am so thankful to be a true redhead...very light eyebrows!! I don't have to worry so much about plucking/waxing them!

Good luck with the job hunting - it will come along but the meantime sucks :wizard:

I am so sorry.
This summer has been way too rainy.
And here in Maine, the temps make it feel like fall! Too weird...

We have a really cold wind here today, can't believe I need a sweatshirt :confused3

Emiel
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Remember Yvette is shy ........

:rotfl: :lmao::rotfl: :lmao:

kimisabella
07-15-2009, 10:27 AM
Andrea, :scared: :eek: :faint: for your lil girl. Hope she liked the results :hug: I'm sure you'll do great at the reherseal dinner - best speeches I've heard always involve a personal story. Have a fab time! pixiedust:

Hi Karen - she did like the results after all was said and done.
I do have a personal story in my speech, but for some reason I just can't the whole thing to "flow" correctly...

Have fun at the dinner!

I hope your daughter is ok? She will thank you for it when she is a little older - it's so nice when you're that age and don't have to worry about your appearance :goodvibes

Hi Becky - she's fine, it's just the pain she didn't like... Oh, to be a woman, what we have to go through :headache:

ADP
07-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Good morning Indy Peeps! :wave:

DVCsince02
07-15-2009, 11:02 AM
You are very lucky - being Italian & having such dark hair is a recipe for disaster... it is such a pain...

Speaking of pain and hair..... them lasers hurt!:laughing:

You are going to both. You have to "see" yourself getting a job and going on these trips. It will happen, I know it. - I need to stop reading The Secret.:rotfl:

georgemoe
07-15-2009, 11:53 AM

Hi Dodie. :wave: Hope you and Phillip get better real soon. :)

Launchpad11B
07-15-2009, 12:10 PM
I have definitely caught my DH's cold :sick:

Hi Dodie. :hug: I hope you and Phillip both feel better real soon. :goodvibes

tlcoke
07-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Afternoon Everyone! I plan on being in Chat tonight. It is raining here today, too. They are calling for cool temps this weekend. Highs only in the 70s. Strange summer thus far, makes one wonder what Fall & Winter will bring.

mainegal
07-15-2009, 01:33 PM
Strange summer thus far, makes one wonder what Fall & Winter will bring.

We may be ice skating at Castaway Cay. Something like Winter Summerland!

Alice2020
07-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Afternoon Everyone! I plan on being in Chat tonight. It is raining here today, too. They are calling for cool temps this weekend. Highs only in the 70s. Strange summer thus far, makes one wonder what Fall & Winter will bring.

I have lived in Indiana for 20 years and I can't seem to figure out what a "typical" season is here. One of my favorite local sayings is, "If you don't like the weather in Indiana wait 15 minutes" My daughter is born in October- her first birthday had to be moved indoors because of snow/sleet and the next year we were in shorts and a t-shirt!

Oh... and as far as talking to "normal" people- my job is too figure out who is seriously mentally ill at our local free-standing psych hospital. It is my impression that the posters on this board are very enthusiastic, funny, caring, quirky and DEFINITELY normal people... :lovestruc

Off for more home remodling- more grouting tiles!

-Kelly

dpuck1998
07-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I have lived in Indiana for 20 years and I can't seem to figure out what a "typical" season is here. One of my favorite local sayings is, "If you don't like the weather in Indiana wait 15 minutes" My daughter is born in October- her first birthday had to be moved indoors because of snow/sleet and the next year we were in shorts and a t-shirt!

Oh... and as far as talking to "normal" people- my job is too figure out who is seriously mentally ill at our local free-standing psych hospital. It is my impression that the posters on this board are very enthusiastic, funny, caring, quirky and DEFINITELY normal people... :lovestruc

-Kelly

two years ago we were hunting easter eggs in 3 foot snow banks. Last year it was almost 80!

tlcoke
07-15-2009, 02:16 PM

-Kelly

That is sooooo True about our weather. As a life long Hooiser (Kentuckianian), I think that lately it seems as though the seasons have shifted.

katscradle
07-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Speaking of pain and hair..... them lasers hurt!:laughing:

You are going to both. You have to "see" yourself getting a job and going on these trips. It will happen, I know it. - I need to stop reading The Secret.:rotfl:

Just thoght I would pop in and say hi! :)

Shelly congrats on 2000th :cheer2::cheer2:

Jen I know what you mean.
I got a great deal on half leg using laser.
I have to take a painkiller before I go. :scared1:

I will be in chat for a bit tonight, see you there. :yay:

A.Mickey
07-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Don, what do you think about Kalamazoo? Is it a nice place to live? What areas are better than others?:confused3

tiggerbell
07-15-2009, 09:23 PM
Don, what do you think about Kalamazoo? Is it a nice place to live? What areas are better than others?:confused3

I hear there's really friendly people in Berwyn... :rolleyes1

Becx N Gav
07-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Good morning all - hope everyone has a sun shiny day :goodvibes

It's lovely here right now but I've heard it will rain later :sad2:

As long as we get a bit of sun at the weekend I don't mind :thumbsup2

Launchpad11B
07-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Mornin' Becx! Mornin' everyone. I hope you guys have a great Thursday. :goodvibes

tlcoke
07-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Good Morning Paul, Becky & Everyone!
Happy Thursday Everyone!! (or Friday Eve)

It is going to be a very Muggy Day here today.

I missed Chat Last night due to a nasty sinus Headache. What did I miss?

Emiel
07-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Goodmorning everyone! Hope you will have (or had) a very nice Thursday.

Becx N Gav
07-16-2009, 06:20 AM
Mornin' Becx! Mornin' everyone. I hope you guys have a great Thursday. :goodvibes

Morning Paul :goodvibes

katscradle
07-16-2009, 07:03 AM
Good morning guys!
I hope everyone has a great day today.:)
I have a Dr's appointment this morning.
I am then going to do something with the boys today, I don't know what yet, but I feel it is time for some fun. :):)

Becx N Gav
07-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Good Morning Paul, Becky & Everyone!
Happy Thursday Everyone!! (or Friday Eve)

It is going to be a very Muggy Day here today.

I missed Chat Last night due to a nasty sinus Headache. What did I miss?

Morning Tracey, hope you are feeling better :hug:

Morning - so far so good! How are things where you are?

Becx N Gav
07-16-2009, 07:20 AM
Good morning guys!
I hope everyone has a great day today.:)
I have a Dr's appointment this morning.
I am then going to do something with the boys today, I don't know what yet, but I feel it is time for some fun. :):)

Hey there!

Hope the Dr's app. goes ok :goodvibes

I'm up for some fun, can I come :yay:

georgemoe
07-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Good morning all - hope everyone has a sun shiny day :goodvibes

Good morning guys!

Good morning Becx, Paul, Emiel, and Katherine. It's going to mug up a bit around our area today and warmer tomorrow. I can take mid 80's though. Still haven't put the air conditioners in yet. Maybe I won't have to. :)

Have a great day!

katscradle
07-16-2009, 07:56 AM
Hey there!

Hope the Dr's app. goes ok :goodvibes

I'm up for some fun, can I come :yay:

I would love to have you come with us! :thumbsup2
I am thinking the free splash park near our house.
It's really nice and I can't believe it's free. :)

katscradle
07-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Good morning Becx, Paul, Emiel, and Katherine. It's going to mug up a bit around our area today and warmer tomorrow. I can take mid 80's though. Still haven't put the air conditioners in yet. Maybe I won't have to. :)

Have a great day!

Good luck with that one George! :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Good morning to you too. :)
Tell Deb I am glad she came into chat for a bit last night. :banana:

Becx N Gav
07-16-2009, 08:27 AM
I would love to have you come with us! :thumbsup2
I am thinking the free splash park near our house.
It's really nice and I can't believe it's free. :)

You don't get much for free :thumbsup2 Enjoy :banana:

shellyminnie
07-16-2009, 08:27 AM
Morning!!

I just found out that my weekend in Orlando (I'm dogsitting) is starting even earlier than I thought. I'm leaving this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning!! :banana::banana::banana:

However, I don't know if I'll internet access or not (hopefully I will or I will go nuts), so if I don't

Have a great weekend!!!

dpuck1998
07-16-2009, 08:34 AM
Morning!!

I just found out that my weekend in Orlando (I'm dogsitting) is starting even earlier than I thought. I'm leaving this afternoon instead of tomorrow morning!! :banana::banana::banana:

However, I don't know if I'll internet access or not (hopefully I will or I will go nuts), so if I don't

Have a great weekend!!!

Have fun Shelly, hopefully we will hear from you. Will you get time to hit the parks?

shellyminnie
07-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Have fun Shelly, hopefully we will hear from you. Will you get time to hit the parks?

Yep, I'm planning on heading to the parks tomorrow, and I'm meeting Kristin (bornteach) and her family on Sunday!!

mainegal
07-16-2009, 08:57 AM
Good morning everyone.

I misssed chat, too. I was just too tired when I got home at 11:30 last night. Three films a day six days in a row is tiring! I almost can't wait for the film festival to be over! Four more days.

I think Mark Twain said it first.
If you donít like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes.
But the words seem to be applicable everwhere!

Some other good ones from Twain...

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

If you have nothing to say, say nothing.

If you tell the truth, you donít have to remember anything.

klam_chowder
07-16-2009, 09:01 AM
morrrnnning folks - one more til Friday! :wave2:

I'm hoping the thunderstorms hit us today...I want to see if water still runs over our gutters now that we've cleared them :rolleyes: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

Becx N Gav
07-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Good morning everyone.

I misssed chat, too. I was just too tired when I got home at 11:30 last night. Three films a day six days in a row is tiring! I almost can't wait for the film festival to be over! Four more days.

I think Mark Twain said it first.
If you donít like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes.
But the words seem to be applicable everwhere!

Some other good ones from Twain...

Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

If you have nothing to say, say nothing.

If you tell the truth, you donít have to remember anything.

I like those two - very apt! The numbr of times I'm listening to someone just natter on when they don't need to be :scared: however I try to be patient :goodvibes

So are you seeing these films as part of your job or for pleasure? Both sound good to me! Although with my memory I would get them all mixed up :rotfl:

jeanigor
07-16-2009, 12:17 PM
So this is the latest that has happened around here....

There was an oil tanker that collided with the center median on I-75 (@ 9 Mile Road) yesterday evening.
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=C4&Dato=20090716&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=907160803&Ref=PH&Item=17&MaxW=600&MaxH=450&border=0&Quality=100

Over 13,000 gallons of petrol product was lost, to spill and eventually flame.
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=C4&Dato=20090716&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=907160803&Ref=PH&Item=1&MaxW=600&MaxH=450&border=0&Quality=100

During the fire, half of the overpass fell.
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20090716&Category=NEWS05&ArtNo=907160605&Ref=AR&Profile=1007&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0

By some miracle of miracles, nobody was killed in the explosion, resulting inferno, nor bridge collapse. Just three non life threatening injuries.

Needless to say, the expressway and cross road are still closed today.

aspen37
07-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Holly Cannoli! :eek: Wow that is a miracle that nobody was killed. I think it might be closed for a few day from the look of things. Do you have to drive that way to and from work?

mainegal
07-16-2009, 12:26 PM
So are you seeing these films as part of your job or for pleasure? Both sound good to me! Although with my memory I would get them all mixed up :rotfl:

The film festival (miff.org) if for pleasure. But sort of for work. As director of a small public libary, I select the items for the collection. I view the films considering which would be appropriate to add.

It is a real mix of foreign and independent films. Some are very new, some are still in search of a distributor and may never make it from the festival circuit to general distribution.

As for remembering - I refer to the program. Some you can remember without a program - and with others - a dozen programs wouldn't help.

One you will be seeing next month that was good is (500) Days of Summer.

When Tom, a hapless greeting card copywriter and hopeless romantic, is blindsided after his girlfriend Summer dumps him, he shifts back and forth through various periods of their 500 days "together" to try to figure out where things went wrong. His reflections ultimately lead him to finally rediscover his true passions in life.

jeanigor
07-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Holly Cannoli! :eek: Wow that is a miracle that nobody was killed. I think it might be closed for a few day from the look of things. Do you have to drive that way to and from work?

Thankfully no. I do have places that are downtown for which I normally drive under that bridge for though. The surface streets were jam packed during the morning commute and I suspect it will be even worse for the drive at five.

DVCsince02
07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I saw that on the news, Todd! What a mess, and thankfully no on was seriously hurt.

aspen37
07-16-2009, 12:54 PM
Thankfully no. I do have places that are downtown for which I normally drive under that bridge for though. The surface streets were jam packed during the morning commute and I suspect it will be even worse for the drive at five.

That's good that you don't have to go that way during rush hour. Good luck if you have to that way.

shellyminnie
07-16-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm off to Orlando!!

I will have computer access so I will be in and out all weekend.

Behave yourselves!!!

Pictures coming Monday!!

Have a great weekend!!

UrsulasShadow
07-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Did I miss anything in Chat? I've been battling the Bug...and the Bug won, at least for 24 hours. But I did get a lot of sleep...

Becx N Gav
07-16-2009, 02:58 PM
The film festival (miff.org) if for pleasure. But sort of for work. As director of a small public libary, I select the items for the collection. I view the films considering which would be appropriate to add.

It is a real mix of foreign and independent films. Some are very new, some are still in search of a distributor and may never make it from the festival circuit to general distribution.

As for remembering - I refer to the program. Some you can remember without a program - and with others - a dozen programs wouldn't help.

One you will be seeing next month that was good is (500) Days of Summer.

When Tom, a hapless greeting card copywriter and hopeless romantic, is blindsided after his girlfriend Summer dumps him, he shifts back and forth through various periods of their 500 days "together" to try to figure out where things went wrong. His reflections ultimately lead him to finally rediscover his true passions in life.

I will have a look at their website - thanks :thumbsup2 It really does sound fascinating, I like the independant films - it's great when they breakthrough.

I'll keep my eye out for (500) Days of Summer ;)

Thank goodness no-one was killed, it looked really nasty :eek: Stay safe and hope it doesn't affect your commute (they're normally bad enough as it is)

I'm off to Orlando!!

Behave yourselves!!!

Pictures coming Monday!!

Have a great weekend!!

Have a great weekend, I'm glad you got an extra day :goodvibes Can't wait to see the pictures :banana:

Did I miss anything in Chat? I've been battling the Bug...and the Bug won, at least for 24 hours. But I did get a lot of sleep...

Hope you are getting better Mindy, these bugs seem to come from no-where and they're getting harder to shift, last summer I had flu like syptoms for almost 4 weeks (not as bad the whole time but it took me ages to shift the cough) :hug: Take care of yourself :goodvibes

tlcoke
07-16-2009, 03:08 PM

There was an oil tanker that collided with the center median on I-75 (@ 9 Mile Road) yesterday evening.

By some miracle of miracles, nobody was killed in the explosion, resulting inferno, nor bridge collapse. Just three non life threatening injuries.

That was a Miracle that no one was killed. To collapse roadway from the overpass, that had to be one hot fire. Hopefully they will get the main highway back open soon to keep traffic hassles to a minimum.

georgemoe
07-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I'm off to Orlando!!

Behave yourselves!!!

Pictures coming Monday!!

Have a great weekend!!

I hope you didn't forget anything Shelly. :goodvibes

Baby linens Purell and Towelette. Nicole mailed someone a lamb. Don and Mike got nerdgeekyish. Some drooled over Drakes cakes. Nicole told us about King Dong's. The Butterfinger Appreciation Society formed...

We were hoping for hints but got squat. :)

dpuck1998
07-16-2009, 03:25 PM

Baby linens Purell and Towelette. Nicole mailed someone a lamb. Don and Mike got nerdgeekyish. Some drooled over Drakes cakes. Nicole told us about King Dong's. The Butterfinger Appreciation Society formed...

We were hoping for hints but got squat. :)

My nickname in college! :banana:

shellyminnie
07-16-2009, 03:26 PM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Says the man who left his wife in Norway . ..

Launchpad11B
07-16-2009, 06:06 PM

Feel better soon Mindy. :hug:

kab407
07-16-2009, 06:45 PM

Hope you're feeling better, Mindy. :)

kab407
07-16-2009, 06:46 PM
My nickname in college! :banana:

familyboardfamilyboardfamilyboardfamilyboardfamily board

A.Mickey
07-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Don't forget all the talk about Podcast the Musical :).

Hope you feel better Mindy!

mainegal
07-16-2009, 10:02 PM
You are making me feel so bad for missing chat.

It sounded like fun.

Can someone please send out the transcript?

Becx N Gav
07-17-2009, 03:22 AM
Morning all - Happy Friday

Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

Looks like we will have to get Gav's car looked at - the exhaust is making a noise and we're hoping it's not too serious, could do without the extra expense right now :headache:

Launchpad11B
07-17-2009, 05:06 AM
TGIF DIS peeps! :woohoo: Have a great day! :goodvibes

Emiel
07-17-2009, 05:21 AM
Goodmorning everyone.
It's Friday!!!!! :cool1:

We have no special things planned for this weekend, which is good after some busy weekends and weeks the last month or so.

Six more weeks until Becx & Gav will be visiting and : just 20 weeks until we'll be back in Florida (and no I'm not counting :rotfl:).

tlcoke
07-17-2009, 06:02 AM
Happy Friday, Emie1, Paul, Becky & Everyone. I hope you have a great day and a good weekend.

Becx N Gav
07-17-2009, 07:35 AM
Morning Paul,

Afternoon Emiel,

Morning Tracey.

Just found out Gav is taking his car in to the garage for 8am (so leave 20 -30 mins before that) so I have decided I may as well get up for the clothing store Next's sale which starts at 5am :cheer2: Hoping to get some bargains! We're really close to a store - it's about a 5 minute walk or 1 minute by car at that time of the morning.

So think of me as you go to bed tonight :rotfl:

shellyminnie
07-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Morning!!

Heading to the MK in a little while. Anybody want anything??

tiggerbell
07-17-2009, 08:08 AM
Anyone doing anything exciting this weekend?

Good morning! I plan on laying low this weekend (I have a trip report to write!)

August has 5 Sundays this year. I already have plans for 4 of the 5 Sundays. I'm hoping that last Sunday doesn't hear about this and demand equal plans! :scared:

I like when I can sit on my couch and zone out...

klam_chowder
07-17-2009, 08:48 AM
TGIF folks! :wave2:

Todd - OMG :scared1::scared1: Horrific pics - amazing no one was seriously injured. :grouphug:

Mindy :sick: hope you're feeling better to enjoy some weekend gardening :hippie:

Shelly, Dole Whip pls! :cloud9:

This weekend will be busy: heading to our friend's milestone birthday BBQ tomorrow - will bring some baking and a bottle for it. On Sunday hopefully check out the Italian Festival popcorn:: Some gardening and finish off our gutters. Make it a great weekend all! :goodvibes

cheers,

mainegal
07-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I had my first dream about the cruise!

We were unpacking and while looking realized it was not the layout of our cat 11 sideways inside room. We had been upgraded to a cat 8 porthole room. In my dream the window was smallish and at eye level.

I think in my dream we were disappointed that we did not have the special sideways layout. Shouldn't we have been happy to have the porthole?

What is better - sideways layout of porthole?

ADP
07-17-2009, 09:47 AM

TGIF to all of you! Enjoy your day, your weekend, your loved ones, and your friends. :goodvibes :hug:

UrsulasShadow
07-17-2009, 10:30 AM
I feel good!

I have to wake up DS19, because he promised to join me in a bike ride through the State Forest...and it's getting hot outside.

jeanigor
07-17-2009, 10:42 AM
I feel good!

I have to wake up DS19, because he promised to join me in a bike ride through the State Forest...and it's getting hot outside.

Glad you are feeling better!!! Go roll him out of bed, its quarter of eleven. Way past sleepy time!

mainegal
07-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I feel good!

Sounds good. Can I join you?

ADP
07-17-2009, 12:56 PM
I feel good!

Hi Mindy! :wave:

Glad you are feeling better too. Enjoy the bike ride.

tlcoke
07-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Made my Disney Dining Reservations this morning for my October Trip. Thanks everyone, who gave me a suggestion.

Here is my list - 4 new dining experiences included:

Le Cellier
Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's
1 Meal Credit saved for Beaches & Cream for a late lunch early/dinner on my MNSSHP Night.

mainegal
07-17-2009, 01:17 PM
Made my Disney Dining Reservations this morning for my October Trip. Thanks everyone, who gave me a suggestion.

Le Cellier
Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's
1 Meal Credit saved for Beaches & Cream for a late lunch early/dinner on my MNSSHP Night.

What a great list!
Are your ressies for a single or did you make them so someone might join you?

tlcoke
07-17-2009, 01:37 PM
What a great list!
Are your ressies for a single or did you make them so someone might join you?

I do have reservations for two at Whispering Canyon (10/16), California Grill (10/17), Kona Cafe (10/23) as that was the only way the system would take the reservation for those locations for the Cast Member. The others are for 1, but the tables actually seat two, so someone could easily be added to those if interested in joining me for a meal. All reservations are between 7:00 & 7:30 pm

jeanigor
07-17-2009, 02:35 PM
I do have reservations for two at Whispering Canyon (10/16), California Grill (10/17), Kona Cafe (10/23) as that was the only way the system would take the reservation for those locations for the Cast Member. The others are for 1, but the tables actually seat two, so someone could easily be added to those if interested in joining me for a meal. All reservations are between 7:00 & 7:30 pm

If someone would tell me that I didn't have to go to work and gave me an annual pass, I'd be dining across from you in a heart beat!

Becx N Gav
07-17-2009, 02:55 PM

Le Cellier
Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill
Kona Cafe
Whispering Canyon Cafe
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey's

Good choices, the only one we haven't tried is 1900 Park Fare which we're doing for breakfast in Sept. :yay:

katscradle
07-17-2009, 03:40 PM

http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=C4&Dato=20090716&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=907160803&Ref=PH&Item=17&MaxW=600&MaxH=450&border=0&Quality=100

Over 13,000 gallons of petrol product was lost, to spill and eventually flame.
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?NewTbl=1&Avis=C4&Dato=20090716&Kategori=NEWS&Lopenr=907160803&Ref=PH&Item=1&MaxW=600&MaxH=450&border=0&Quality=100

During the fire, half of the overpass fell.
http://cmsimg.freep.com/apps/pbcsi.dll/bilde?Site=C4&Date=20090716&Category=NEWS05&ArtNo=907160605&Ref=AR&Profile=1007&MaxW=550&MaxH=650&title=0

Good choices, the only one we haven't tried is 1900 Park Fare which we're doing for breakfast in Sept. :yay:

Todd I am glad no one was killed. WOW!!!
They might be closed for more than a couple of days!:eek:

Mindy I am glad you are feeling better. :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav we have always liked the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.
Hope you enjoy it! It's a hoot with the Mad Hatter there. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Warning it can be a bit noisy. We have never minded this though. :thumbsup2

Becx N Gav
07-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Becx N Gav we have always liked the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.
Hope you enjoy it! It's a hoot with the Mad Hatter there. :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Warning it can be a bit noisy. We have never minded this though. :thumbsup2

Good to know thanks :thumbsup2 we're up for a good time - it'll be our only character meal :sad1: our friends said they didn't want to do lots of buffets :confused3

Off to bed now (10.20 pm) as I'm geting up at 4.30 am to go shopping :yay: Must be crazy :dance3:

Night all :upsidedow

tlcoke
07-17-2009, 06:55 PM
If someone would tell me that I didn't have to go to work and gave me an annual pass, I'd be dining across from you in a heart beat!

I would feel honored :worship: to have the opportunity to dine with Tiara Todd.

A.Mickey
07-17-2009, 10:08 PM
After our boringish weekend of cleaning all of last weekend, Jason has planned out our day tomorrow. Aaron sure is lucky to have Jason as a dad. :rotfl2:

1. Brookfield Zoo
2. DuPage County Children's Museum
3. Dinner at Five Guys
4. Dave & Busters

Then on Sunday I will be hanging out with a HS friend that is in town from VA.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! And it stays warm for most of you! It is suppose to be a high of 68 tomorrow in Chicago! Brrr...... is this the middle of summer?!?:scared1:

shellyminnie
07-17-2009, 10:28 PM

I'll do LeCellier with you!! I've been dying to try it!!

Becx N Gav
07-18-2009, 06:16 AM
After our boringish weekend of cleaning all of last weekend, Jason has planned out our day tomorrow. Aaron sure is lucky to have Jason as a dad. :rotfl2:

1. Brookfield Zoo
2. DuPage County Children's Museum
3. Dinner at Five Guys
4. Dave & Busters

Then on Sunday I will be hanging out with a HS friend that is in town from VA.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! And it stays warm for most of you! It is suppose to be a high of 68 tomorrow in Chicago! Brrr...... is this the middle of summer?!?:scared1:

Cool - sounds like a fun day!

It's cold here today too, I'm hoping for a bit of sun at least even if it isn't warm.

Morning people :wave2:

I had a good time at the clothes store, got a few bargains :yay:

I couldn't believe how many people there were, the car park was almost full (and you only tend to see that around Christmas :scared1:)

I'm taking a few things back (I got some stuff in a couple of sizes so I didn't have to try them on in the store and some tops I got looked awful on me :scared:)

I also got Gav some bits - he never likes clothes shopping :rotfl: and he would have hated the hustle and bustle.

Being up so early we did our grocery shopping and store was pretty dead :thumbsup2 we got really fresh bread - still warm :cloud9:

Waiting to hear when we can pick up Gav's car, it's the whole exhaust (including the manifold and catalytic converter) that needs to be replaced :headache: at least it won't be making that horrible noise anymore.

Have a great weekend everyone :woohoo:

katscradle
07-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Good morning guys!
Becky the muffler and catalitic that sucks.
I know when I did mine it was quite costly. :scared1::scared1:
Getting things and then trying on and returning what you don't want sounds like it was a smart move. :thumbsup2
Have a great day everyone. :)

shellyminnie
07-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Morning!!

I went to see the new Hall of President's yesterday!! OMG!! That was awesome. If you have a chance to see it next time you in the world, GO!!!!
It gave me goosebumps!

I also heard some pretty fascinating things from other guests:

Did you know that OKW is a value resort?

Did you know that the train that goes around the MK also goes to other parks?

And my favorite: It's not Cinderella's Castle, its Sleeping Beauty's castle!!

There were also lots and lots and lots of "tour groups" I must have saw at least 10-12 different groups!! :scared1: I avoided them by walking the other way!

dpuck1998
07-18-2009, 08:58 AM
Morning!!

I went to see the new Hall of President's yesterday!! OMG!! That was awesome. If you have a chance to see it next time you in the world, GO!!!!
It gave me goosebumps!

There were also lots and lots and lots of "tour groups" I must have saw at least 10-12 different groups!! :scared1: I avoided them by walking the other way!

Ohhh...exciting! I can't wait to get a room at OKW for 80 bucks!!

tiggerbell
07-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Ohhh...exciting! I can't wait to get a room at OKW for 80 bucks!!

Don't get too excited - prices should go up in August, so probably $85...

Launchpad11B
07-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Morning!!

It gave me goosebumps!

I got on the MK train headed to Animal Kingdom and the darn thing just kept circling the park!! Stupid train! :headache:

dpuck1998
07-18-2009, 09:04 AM
I got on the MK train headed to Animal Kingdom and the darn thing just kept circling the park!! Stupid train! :headache:

You must have missed the AK stop. Its the one with the big mountain, I think Mt Eversplash or something.

dpuck1998
07-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Don't get too excited - prices should go up in August, so probably $85...

Well that still isn't too bad for a 2 bedroom ;)

Disneybridein2k3
07-18-2009, 10:12 AM
Morning all - it is a lazy morning after being up late playing UNO last night. Good to hear that OKW went to value Shelly - some of our best tips are from those tour groups ;) I think I would've heard them talk about OKW being a value and then I would've been thinking about it all day wondering - did they mean it was such a good value they considered it a value resort? Are they just stupid? It would have drove me nuts!

(Has anyone heard Lewis Black's The White Album? This reminds me of the "If it weren't for my horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college")