PDA

View Full Version : Podcast Cruise 2.0 Discussion Thread 1 of ????

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

georgemoe
07-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Good late morning everyone. I have the day off today and was suppose to be in Maine with my siblings. Poison ivy is spreading so I played it safe for their sake and stayed home. Deb now has it too. :headache: I spoke with my doctors nurse earlier this week to try and get a prescription but they wanted to see me and I was tied up at work. Only urgent care is open today and I have a call into them waiting on a call back now. I'll take a shot or pills because these darn steroid cremes aren't working.

Until I get the call I'm working putting together a product set deep dive for my management. Need to set up some data extracts. :surfweb:

Good morning everyone!!! Happy July 3rd.

Happy 3rd Kathy. :)

Good morning guys!
I am up, but not sure for how long.
It was a late night, working on the taxes.
I think I an ready to call the account, just I more look through and hopefully then they will be gone. :)
However I am happy knowing that in 149 days I will be in WDW!:yay::yay:

Hi Katherine. Say hi to John. He seems to have quieted down on the boards lately. In 149 days or around that time I expect a full tour of your new DVC digs. :)

Good Morning, from my desk at work. :yawn:
75% of the office took a vacation day today. DAP is more important than having today off.
I think I will use today to do some housecleaning. Re-clear off my desk. Wash the windows. Dance around to DIS Radio.:goodvibes

Hi Todd. So are we the only two working today? :sad1: Enjoy your dancing. :banana:

Mornin' fellas! Any big plans for today?

Hi Paul. Probably some work stuff.. :(

If we do get lucky and get some money back I will be forwarding all proceeds to DU for our trips.
Watch my refund amout will be something stupid like 3 dollars. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thats a beer ya know. Beauty eh? :drinking1

Dodie
07-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Phillip was up bright and early on this day off to head out to one of his "happy places," the pull-a-part junk yard on the east side of town.:rolleyes: I slept in a bit, until the pups would have no more of it. Looks like today is going to be the nice day around here. The rest of the weekend might be iffy weather-wise.

Brandie: We haven't seen enough of you around here lately! We miss you!

Paul: Glad you made it home from Las Vegas DIS Hubby. Hope you have a great holiday weekend with your REAL family now.

Don/Aaron: Don't cause too much trouble spending the weekend together. Sounds like a recipe for mischief to me. Funny how DISers expect phonecalls from other DISers who are together having fun. Don't forget to "drunk dial" Paul or he'll be disappointed.

Nicole: Congratulations on the house thing - even though it sounds like it will cause some turmoil. I agree that you should plan to rent for awhile, but set a time limit for that so you don't sink too much money into "nothing."

Todd: Sounds like you're going to make the most of your day at work today. Sorry you have to be there, but I agree that us seeing you at D-A-P:lovestruc is more important than your having a long weekend right now. :)

Katherine: Taxes are yucky - regardless of the outcome. Hope you do get some money back.

Jennifer: :wave2: cake!

Shelly: Hope you have a great weekend with the 88-pound whining dog (a cross-reference from Facebook).

George: I'm so sorry about the poison ivy. It just sounds miserable. I hope you get some help soon.

Newbies: WELCOME to the group!!!! Sit down and stay awhile!

Everyone else: Have a great weekend!

georgemoe
07-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Just popped in to say :wave2:

Stay out of trouble...cuz i'm not here to get into trouble with you!! :upsidedow

Hi Brandie. :wave2:

Ain't that the truth!! :lmao:

Hi Shelly. :wave:

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Todd. So are we the only two working today? :sad1: Enjoy your dancing. :banana:

I think we are. Oh, well. Could be worse. Back to recreating Tapestry of Nations around my desk.....baylah, baylah, baylah......Here, in this circle of nations, the Millennium Walk reminds us that we are indeed one earthly family. Join us ... as we celebrate the circle of life ... the family of human kind ... the Tapestry of Nations!....oh bay-eh-la...oh bay-eh-eh-eh-laaaaaa

(my secretary is going to either commit me or dance with me by the end of the day....just wait.)

georgemoe
07-03-2009, 09:11 AM
I think we are. Oh, well. Could be worse. Back to recreating Tapestry of Nations around my desk.....baylah, baylah, baylah......Here, in this circle of nations, the Millennium Walk reminds us that we are indeed one earthly family. Join us ... as we celebrate the circle of life ... the family of human kind ... the Tapestry of Nations!....oh bay-eh-la...oh bay-eh-eh-eh-laaaaaa

(my secretary is going to either commit me or dance with me by the end of the day....just wait.)

He's a dancin', dancin', DANCIN'! He's a dancin' machinnnnnneeeeee. :)

shellyminnie
07-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi Shelly. :wave:

Hi George :wave:

Hope you're able to get some relief soon. :hug:

If she hasn't wanted to commit you by now . . . :goodvibes

maroo
07-03-2009, 09:48 AM
UUGH! Help!

My parents are trying to talk the whole family into going on a cruise.

I would rather go on a cruise with my friends than just my family (we don't hang out much and everyone else is married...boring!) - but I don't want to tell my parents, NO - I am going with my internet friends? :confused3

How in the world do I explain you guys?!? :confused:

I technically could do both...but I only have limited vacation time and they are talking about doing a pretty long cruise. 10 days maybe? I would not be able to do both.

kimisabella
07-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Good late morning everyone. I have the day off today and was suppose to be in Maine with my siblings. Poison ivy is spreading so I played it safe for their sake and stayed home. Deb now has it too. :headache: I spoke with my doctors nurse earlier this week to try and get a prescription but they wanted to see me and I was tied up at work. Only urgent care is open today and I have a call into them waiting on a call back now. I'll take a shot or pills because these darn steroid cremes aren't working.

Until I get the call I'm working putting together a product set deep dive for my management. Need to set up some data extracts. :surfweb:

Oh George, you poor thing (and Deb too) hopefully you will get something to make you feel better!

georgemoe
07-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Hi George :wave:

Hope you're able to get some relief soon. :hug:

Oh George, you poor thing (and Deb too) hopefully you will get something to make you feel better!

Thanks Shelly and Andrea. :hug: I'm not suffering really but it does put a crimp in social activities. Guess I'll just have to get some movies and popcorn:: out for viewing. :)

The nurse called me back a bit ago. Because the clinic I go to is closed today with the exception of Urgent Care, they are swamped. :eek: The nurse is going to either -

A) Get the doctor to call in an rx for prednisone without a visit - or -
B) Get me in to see the doctor on duty sometime today....

I wonder if a big ol ice cream sundae would help? :upsidedow

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Thanks Shelly and Andrea. :hug: I'm not suffering really but it does put a crimp in social activities. Guess I'll just have to get some movies and popcorn:: out for viewing. :)

The nurse called me back a bit ago. Because the clinic I go to is closed today with the exception of Urgent Care, they are swamped. :eek: The nurse is going to either -

A) Get the doctor to call in an rx for prednisone without a visit - or -
B) Get me in to see the doctor on duty sometime today....

I'm sure it would. Haven't you ever heard of the healing properties of dessert? Very potent.:goodvibes:goodvibes

Dodie
07-03-2009, 11:31 AM
George:

1. Shot of Kenalog from the doctor for both you and Deb (if you ever get in)
2. The biggest ice cream sundaes you can find
3. Some good movies on DVD

I hope you get a chance to enjoy some of the weekend.

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 11:34 AM
George:

I have shots of many things ending in '-alog'. Is that a Lilly thing? Or just chemist speak for aqueous subcutaneous mixture?

jcb
07-03-2009, 11:40 AM
UUGH! Help!

I would rather go on a cruise with my friends than just my family (we don't hang out much and everyone else is married...boring!) - but I don't want to tell my parents, NO - I am going with my internet friends? :confused3

I technically could do both...but I only have limited vacation time and they are talking about doing a pretty long cruise. 10 days maybe? I would not be able to do both.

If it is the amount of time off work for vacation that is the issue have you considered telling them you can't take 10 days off work for their cruise because you have other vacation plans "with friends." So if they want to do a cruise you can go on, it needs to be a shorter one.

"What friends?" they will ask.

"Some people I met online," invariably shuts folks up, except for Momma, of course.

Dodie
07-03-2009, 11:41 AM
I have shots of many things ending in '-alog'. Is that a Lilly thing? Or just chemist speak for aqueous subcutaneous mixture?

LOL Todd! This particular "alog" is not a Lilly thing, but the kind of shot that you get from a needle for sure. I guess we'd need Kathy to explain the signficance of that suffix fully - although you probably did pretty well.

Kenalog is a mild steroid that's used to treat allergic reactions and inflammation. I get it twice a year to kick my seasonal allergies when they get unbearable. My best friend (in real life - not to be confused with my BFF kab407) is very prone to poison ivy and she always ends up getting a shot of this stuff at least once per year for that. It really shortens the time of suffering.

I hope you get something that helps you George!

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Thank you, Dodie. Who'd thought we'd have Chemistry class today.

When is recess?

Dodie
07-03-2009, 11:46 AM
When is recess?

Not soon enough - I'll tell you that.

jeanigor
07-03-2009, 11:48 AM
Not soon enough - I'll tell you that.

Says someone who is not sitting in her office.....................(but I still love you Dodie!!!)

maroo
07-03-2009, 12:47 PM
If it is the amount of time off work for vacation that is the issue have you considered telling them you can't take 10 days off work for their cruise because you have other vacation plans "with friends." So if they want to do a cruise you can go on, it needs to be a shorter one.

"What friends?" they will ask.

"Some people I met online," invariably shuts folks up, except for Momma, of course.

This is a good point. Thank you for your response! :goodvibes

georgemoe
07-03-2009, 01:32 PM
George:

LOL Todd! This particular "alog" is not a Lilly thing, but the kind of shot that you get from a needle for sure. I guess we'd need Kathy to explain the signficance of that suffix fully - although you probably did pretty well.

Kenalog is a mild steroid that's used to treat allergic reactions and inflammation. I get it twice a year to kick my seasonal allergies when they get unbearable. My best friend (in real life - not to be confused with my BFF kab407) is very prone to poison ivy and she always ends up getting a shot of this stuff at least once per year for that. It really shortens the time of suffering.

Thanks Dodie. My healthcare facility no longer does shots for poison ivy, oak, sumac treatments. Prednisone pills are the standard and I hear they work well. The nurse was able to get the doctor to prescribe it without me going in for a diagnosis. :woohoo: All I have to do is go to my local CVS and pick it up. :)

shellyminnie
07-03-2009, 01:38 PM

Ice cream helps anything!!! ;)

Thanks Dodie. My healthcare facility no longer does shots for poison ivy, oak, sumac treatments. Prednisone pills are the standard and I hear they work well. The nurse was able to get the doctor to prescribe it without me going in for a diagnosis. :woohoo: All I have to do is go to my local CVS and pick it up. :)

Be careful with the prednisone. It makes you want to eat everything in sight. :eek:

georgemoe
07-03-2009, 02:10 PM
Ice cream helps anything!!! ;)

Be careful with the prednisone. It makes you want to eat everything in sight. :eek:

Thanks Shelly. :) Deb mentioned that.

This is why they make bags of burritos. :banana:

shellyminnie
07-03-2009, 02:20 PM
Thanks Shelly. :) Deb mentioned that.

This is why they make bags of burritos. :banana:

Make sure you drink lots of water too. Prednisone cause fluid build-up.

Mmmmm . . . love burritos!!

tlcoke
07-03-2009, 07:17 PM
UUGH! Help!

You could let them know that you are already going on a cruise next year, with 500 of your online friends :grouphug: and the only way you could do a cruise with them due to your limited vacation time is if they join you on the Podcast Cruise. That way you get the family time and the time with friends.

Alice2020
07-04-2009, 12:31 AM
Thanks for all of the continued welcomes! I have a few questions:

I am noticing a lot of Indiana/Kentucky locations... where do the Hoosiers/Wildcats (or Cardinals if you love U of L)) out there live? Is anyone close to Bloomington, IN???

I am still waiting to see if I can make the Indy meet- my work schedule is VERY unpredictable and the September schedule is still in the works.

Dodie- Your avatar suggests that you could be a Simpsons fan.::yes::If so, I am too :thumbsup2

Todd- I have to ask... where does the tiara in Tiara Todd come from. I knew that the Dis community was diverse, but I did not realize I was chatting with royalty :rotfl:

Have a Happy 4th!
-Kelly

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-04-2009, 02:16 AM
Hey everyone. I guess we have to wait for Monday for Todd to tell us if the secretary caved and started dancing....

Nicole - congrats on the house sale! So happy for you! He's to decent bagainning on the new place - after you've rented long enought to make a decision.

We had a family day today. Walked to have bagel breakfast. Drove to see UP, had crepes for lunch (there were kid meltdowns galore). Did shopping around the theater, scored at the used book store - got stuff for the kids. Came home - watched Bolt. More kid meltdowns - Zoe banged Lily in the head with the play refridgerator door on purpose. Took Zoe to Disney Store in mall to see if they had any more of the summer tumblers left - they didn't. Her Stitch one came apart - that we just bought - superglue time! Came home, ate, kids to bed, and watched some of Journey to the Center of the Earth - until Lily decided it was time to be up again. She's falling back asleep now....

Me too. No plans for tomorrow at all. Nada. Zilch. Staying away from DL like the plague - no matter how great the partial fireworks show was last year. The music for the new 4th of July show is amazing. DL is a madhouse, though.

Night peeps.

tlcoke
07-04-2009, 05:31 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Happy 4th of July!

Be safe while celebrating our nations freedom and have a wonderful day with family & friends.

Disneybridein2k3
07-04-2009, 06:01 AM
Darn, day late, dollar short. I am catching up on this thread before heading off to work today and noticed this. My vote would've been: commit him and take video to post on youtube. Actually, take video to post either way.

I felt guilty for not getting the DAP thread cleaned up so I didn't want to do anything except work on that yesterday after I got off of work. I finished at 11:30 last night and was too tired to come over here to catch up. Well, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work I go (again) - hope everyone has a great holiday.

cocowum
07-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Good Morning! :surfweb: Happy 4th of July everyone! http://www.wtv-zone.com/AnniesTreasures/LINES_PATRIOTIC/firework01.gif

sandyh67
07-04-2009, 07:40 AM
Happy 4th everyone! We are at our friend Fran's cottage for the weekend, so we are just relaxing and :surfweb: she is a new diser- who will be going with Kristen and I on Podcast cruise 2.0 - hasnt posted yet, I will work on her today he he he ;)

sshaw10060
07-04-2009, 07:44 AM
Good morning all. It is time to light the grills and smokers and get down to business. The plan is to smoke 9 racks of ribs and 2 pork shoulders. I wanted to do a brisket, but don't have the time/space. By 3pm our back yard should be filled with 30 or 40 people. Thankfully today is our first sunny day in forever. Happy 4th allparty:

scarlett873
07-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I am noticing a lot of Indiana/Kentucky locations... where do the Hoosiers/Wildcats (or Cardinals if you love U of L)) out there live? Is anyone close to Bloomington, IN???

-KellyWe live just north of Indy...

:wave2: everyone! Happy 4th!

We had plans to do Symphony on the Prairie tonight, but it's supposed to be rainy and stormy this afternoon. I think we're going over to a friend's house though and going out to dinner...i'm not sure of the details yet though...

Hope everyone enjoys the day!

Oh and Tiara Todd is royalty! He wore his tiara all throughout the cruise! You must bow to him when you meet him too...he gets rather testy if you don't...;)

kymickeyfan717
07-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Cardinal Fan here - :). I live in Louisville. I thought about attending the Indy meet but I'm on-call for work that weekend and need to stay in the vincinity. Oh well.... :confused3

Hope all have a Happy 4th of July. I think we are going to have "natural fireworks" later tonight....

calypso*a*go-go
07-04-2009, 10:09 AM
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg254/gk221/4thOfJuly61.gif

tlcoke
07-04-2009, 04:11 PM

-Kelly

Kelly,
I am from Clarksville, IN (Louisville's Northern Suburb) and I work at the University of Louisville, so for loyalty to the Employer, I am a Cardinals fan. In my job, I do work with the several divisions of the athletic department throughout the year, so we wish each of the teams success as much as possible, because that mean Job Security for me, especially at tournament time. Generally, I root for the all the local teams, except when Louisville is playing them.

I hope you can join us at the Indy Meet in September.

mainegal
07-04-2009, 08:48 PM
Back from short vacation. It rained some of each day, but we still managed to get in some nice hikes and bike rides.

I enjoyed great Canada Day fireworks in St. John, New Brunswick.

Too rainy here to go to the local fireworks.

I am enjoying the "Capitol Fourth" from Washington DC on PBS and the fireworks in New York City on TV. WOW! So much better than what I would see locally.

I LOVE FIREWORKS!!!!!

maroo
07-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Hi guys! I was just seeing if anyone was up. :goodvibes I hope not, unless you are several time zones away.

I am staying at my parents house this weekend and we have a very loud and spectacular fireworks show put on my God Himself going on right now. This storm, although not particularly powerful or severe, has some LOUD thunder and bright lightening.

This house is surrounded by windows and big trees and has been struck by lightening about 3 times.

So, I am awake and waiting for it to calm down a little bit out there.

And wondering if any of my friends on the DIS are also awake at 2AM. Or whatever time it is in your world. :surfweb:

yitbos96bb
07-05-2009, 02:26 AM
Hi guys! I was just seeing if anyone was up. :goodvibes I hope not, unless you are several time zones away.

I am staying at my parents house this weekend and we have a very loud and spectacular fireworks show put on my God Himself going on right now. This storm, although not particularly powerful or severe, has some LOUD thunder and bright lightening.

This house is surrounded by windows and big trees and has been struck by lightening about 3 times.

And wondering if any of my friends on the DIS are also awake at 2AM. Or whatever time it is in your world. :surfweb:

Crunching numbers... disgusted that the cost of planned meals is the same either way if I do or don't get the DDP. Disappointing that the cost rises while the value dwindles. I miss the first iteration with the app and tip. THAT was a great deal.

safetymom
07-05-2009, 04:45 AM

Stay safe!!!

Launchpad11B
07-05-2009, 07:34 AM
Mornin' all. Terrible news about the monorail driver! Very sad. :sad2:

OKW Lover
07-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Good morning everybody. Beautiful sunny day with temps headed for 80 and 50% humidity here in Plymouth today. :cloud9:

sshaw10060
07-05-2009, 07:53 AM
Good morning all. Can you believe I woke up battling a cold this morning? Hopefully I'll feel better by tomorrow. My service is down a resident tomorrow and it was wall-to-wall sick animals when I left on Thursday. On a positive note the weather here is beautiful today. Enjoy the last day of the weekend.

- Scott

CinderellasSister
07-05-2009, 08:22 AM

I just saw that story. What a shame. :sad2:

Hope everyone has a wonderful last day of the holiday weekend.

scarlett873
07-05-2009, 08:57 AM
Morning!

Stupid fireworks were going off until well after midnight last night...ugh...

Gotta do homework stuff today. Not much fun to be had here today! :laughing:

dpuck1998
07-05-2009, 11:41 AM

Very sad!

georgemoe
07-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Hope everyone had a great 4th yesterday. Still up in Maine enjoying whats left of the weekend with my sisters and family. I wouldn't give up time like this for anything. My sis is funny though. Yesterday she comes out with. "So how is that Disney cult thing treating you?" :)

Launchpad11B
07-05-2009, 12:32 PM
Hope everyone had a great 4th yesterday. Still up in Maine enjoying whats left of the weekend with my sisters and family. I wouldn't give up time like this for anything. My sis is funny though. Yesterday she comes out with. "So how is that Disney cult thing treating you?" :)

Cult thing!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

jeanigor
07-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Todd- I have to ask... where does the tiara in Tiara Todd come from. I knew that the Dis community was diverse, but I did not realize I was chatting with royalty :rotfl:

:wave: Welcome to the Royal Court! :wave:

If you do come to the Indy Meet, just remind some of us to keep PCC 2.0 on the downlow.

Terrible news from the TTC today.:sad1::guilty::sad1: Thoughts and prayers to Austin's family and the passengers as well.

I thought, just as Dodie had, that there were computer safety back-ups in place to prevent this sort of mishap. Thank goodness it happened when it did. It could have been severely worse.

DVCsince02
07-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Hey all!

Finally checking in after hanging at the beach house this weekend. We had a great time yesterday.

Woke up and went to the "little beach" also known as the bay. It's just across the street and we don't have to fight beach traffic. The HOA had a big cook out and music. The kids had a blast in the water and we weren't worried about them like we are when we are at the ocean. We went home after lunch and put the baby down for a nap while Chris took Emma to the pool. She is learning to swim, and went under on her over 10 times. She'll be swimming by the end of summer. Ethan stayed with me and he watched tv while I read my book. I'm reading the True Blood series. Yes, more vampires.

After they got back from the pool, we had dinner and dressed everyone in their red, white and blue, and trying to decide what to do. Chris wanted to go to the candy shop, but the kids wanted to go to the boardwalk for rides and fireworks. I wasn't in the mood for fighting crowds, but the roads weren't that crowded. After a visit to the Candy Kitchen, we rode into Rehoboth and yes, it was busy, but not terrible. We ended up parking at the local lake and laid out a blanket for about an hour and watched the fireworks from there. It was perfect. We were able to enjoy the show and make a smooth get-a-way without being stuck in that mess of chaos.

Today was cleaning up and laundry. We are home now and sad to see the monorail news. So terrible.

On a lighter note, getting the mail, I was excited to see a PIN code for free dining during DAP! Bad news, it's in my friends name with my address. Grrrrrr! I probably wouldn't have used it anyways since I use DVC, but still :mad:.

Hope everyone had a great 4th!

:cake:

scarlett873
07-05-2009, 05:55 PM
Hey all!

Finally checking in after hanging at the beach house this weekend. We had a great time yesterday.

Woke up and went to the "little beach" also known as the bay. It's just across the street and we don't have to fight beach traffic. The HOA had a big cook out and music. The kids had a blast in the water and we weren't worried about them like we are when we are at the ocean. We went home after lunch and put the baby down for a nap while Chris took Emma to the pool. She is learning to swim, and went under on her over 10 times. She'll be swimming by the end of summer. Ethan stayed with me and he watched tv while I read my book. I'm reading the True Blood series. Yes, more vampires.

After they got back from the pool, we had dinner and dressed everyone in their red, white and blue, and trying to decide what to do. Chris wanted to go to the candy shop, but the kids wanted to go to the boardwalk for rides and fireworks. I wasn't in the mood for fighting crowds, but the roads weren't that crowded. After a visit to the Candy Kitchen, we rode into Rehoboth and yes, it was busy, but not terrible. We ended up parking at the local lake and laid out a blanket for about an hour and watched the fireworks from there. It was perfect. We were able to enjoy the show and make a smooth get-a-way without being stuck in that mess of chaos.

Today was cleaning up and laundry. We are home now and sad to see the monorail news. So terrible.

On a lighter note, getting the mail, I was excited to see a PIN code for free dining during DAP! Bad news, it's in my friends name with my address. Grrrrrr! I probably wouldn't have used it anyways since I use DVC, but still :mad:.

:cake:Hi BFF! :wave2:

dpuck1998
07-05-2009, 06:07 PM

Cult thing!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

LOL, You should have heard me trying to explain how I knew the people that stayed at my house this weekend.

ADP
07-05-2009, 06:21 PM
LOL, You should have heard me trying to explain how I knew the people that stayed at my house this weekend.
:rotfl2:
I had the same problem explaining how I knew you guys to people down here. It doesn't matter just as long as we understand.

calypso*a*go-go
07-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I had the same problem explaining how I knew you guys to people down here. It doesn't matter just as long as we understand.

:scratchin :idea: :thumbsup2

dpuck1998
07-05-2009, 06:48 PM

So you let people, you don't know, that you met on the internet, stay at your house?? :dance3:

Alice2020
07-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Do most of you have significant others that are Disney addicts? My husband likes our trips there, but I wouldn't say that he LOVES Disney by any stetch of the imagination.

Todd- would it be proper etiquette to curtsey when I meet you or will I have to bow down to the tiara?:worship:

-Kelly

jeanigor
07-05-2009, 07:25 PM
Do most of you have significant others that are Disney addicts? My husband likes our trips there, but I wouldn't say that he LOVES Disney by any stetch of the imagination.

Todd- would it be proper etiquette to curtsey when I meet you or will I have to bow down to the tiara?:worship:

-Kelly

My DP enjoys Disney. He hasn't been to WDW or DL. One day. He doesn't want to go for his first time with 'my crazy internet people'. Given proper time and exposure though, I can turn him to the dark side. :vader:

And proper etiquette is not required; however, protocol would be to curtsy, kiss my pinky ring, and the genuflect away, all the while tossing drink coupons at my feet.

mainegal
07-05-2009, 08:05 PM

My partner has ABSOLUTELY NO INTEREST in Disney World. My couple trips have been with friend and with my mother and adult siblings.

With him, our vacations are bed & breakfasts, hiking and biking.

tiggerbell
07-05-2009, 08:16 PM
Do most of you have significant others that are Disney addicts?

Nope, that's why I divorced him! (only half ;) )

maroo
07-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Crunching numbers... disgusted that the cost of planned meals is the same either way if I do or don't get the DDP. Disappointing that the cost rises while the value dwindles. I miss the first iteration with the app and tip. THAT was a great deal.

Well. I hate to put salt in a wound...but I got a PIN for Free Dining in Dec! I think that is a pretty good deal! Much better value when it is Free. They are going to let me apply it to both my POP stay (solo) and the AKL stay with 7 of us (6 adults and 1 child) which will save us a bundle. Now I am just holding out for a 40% off pin...which I would apply to the AKL stay, if I could find one. :thumbsup2

Stay safe!!!

Thanks!! Actually, the electricity went out just minutes after I posted. I eventually went back to sleep. I guess I should have stayed off the computer in the storm. :confused3

This upset me so bad this morning! And to hear it from CNN and not my friends on the DIS! :(

No joke!!!!! I know what you are saying on that.

-Kelly

Hello, Kelly!!!! :) I don't know if I have said hello yet! :wave2: hello!!!

I am single. It is just me and my dog, Muffin. She hates Disney, because I keep leaving her at home with my friends when I go to the world. :rotfl:

Nope, that's why I divorced him! (only half ;) )

Hilarious! Jamie...you crack me up.

maroo
07-05-2009, 08:35 PM
Funny story about DIS friends you meet on the internet!

I have a Make a Wish family that was needing a little help planning out their days and I PM'd her my number because they were trying to work out ADR's, a tour and other stuff. So, I told her that she could call me.

So, I am sitting at my parents house with my Mom, Dad, little brother and his wife...and this Mom from the DIS calls me.

After talking about Disney for about 5 minutes and asking her questions, etc...my Dad asked me who I was talking to. And I said (into the phone), "Uh...what was your first name again?!" :lmao:

I had NO IDEA who I was talking to. I was thinking of her by her user name.

Yeah, Dad. I am talking to someone I don't even know. :rotfl2:

So, I hung up (after about an hour :lmao:) and my Dad started asking me all of these questions...Who was that? Where are they from? When did you meet them? You mean you don't know them? You have never met them? Who ARE these people?!?! :lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl2: It was so funny.

Alice2020
07-05-2009, 08:44 PM
I am glad that I am not the only one with a less-than-enthusiastic partner.

Thankfully, we love each other for who we are and put up with the other person's hobby/obsession.

tlcoke
07-05-2009, 09:01 PM
I am single and go on my trips solo. My friends at work are like you are going to WDW by yourself. I tell them I may meet up with a few of my online friends, but I like going solo. I can do the world at my own pace and meet up with my Dis Friends there.

Sad news about the Monorail accident, my thoughts and prayers go out to the Disney Community and the Driver's family. Just a miracle that it happened when it did and no one else was severely injured or killed. I hope they find out what caused the accident so that it can be corrected and security actions are taken to keep something like this from ever happening again.

Have a good evening everyone! I am listening to more fireworks tonight. Hopefully, they will quiet them down before midnight.

cocowum
07-05-2009, 09:17 PM

-Kelly

My DH LOVES Disney as much as I do! :love::love::love:

;) :teeth:

dpuck1998
07-05-2009, 09:34 PM

Yea, but he is a weirdo

Becx N Gav
07-06-2009, 01:53 AM
Morning all - hope everyone had a great weekend :goodvibes

Becx N Gav
07-06-2009, 02:20 AM
Hi welcome to the thread! :wave: My name is Todd. It is a pleasure to meet you.

:lmao:

UUGH! Help!

It is a shame you can't do both, maybe you could get them to do a shorter one or get them all to come on PCC2.0 :confused3

Wow I didn't know poison ivy was so nasty :scared1: you don't normally come across it here, I get stung by nettles all the time and that is bad enough but the stinging goes after a few hours.

If we are a cult it's the friendliest one out there :grouphug:

Becx N Gav
07-06-2009, 03:19 AM
Hey all!

:cake:

That sounds like a fun day :goodvibes I had such a great time at the summer camp I went to a few years ago - the 4th was my favourite day of the whole summer (and we also did a county fair later in the summer and loads of days out to places not to mention the days off!)

It's incredible they are extending these pins and free dining offers so late into the year but good as it must encourage people who were thinking of not going to WDW for vacation this year.
I can't believe they have had offers for DLRP for 40% off :scared1: the best I'd seen before that was 20% or stay for 2 or 3 nights and get an extra night (inc park tickets and breakfast) for free. The only trouble with DLRP is the food is so expensive and the Euro hasn't moved much against the pound, it would cost us about as much as going to WDW (apart from the flights).

safetymom
07-06-2009, 04:17 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a good week.

tlcoke
07-06-2009, 04:50 AM
Good Morning Kathy, and Everyone. I hope you have a good Monday!

dpuck1998
07-06-2009, 05:15 AM
Good Morning! Rough start to the week, feeling crappy...hopefully I'm ready for work in a couple hrs.

Mouse Skywalker
07-06-2009, 05:27 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Don, I'm looking forward to listening to the e-mail show during my run today.

kymickeyfan717
07-06-2009, 05:39 AM
Morn' all - hope all have a good week . It's going to be hard to work this week - knowing what's waiting for me at the end of the week - a trip to my "happy place". :cool1:
Then in 2 weeks - my 1st meet n greet with Brooks and Dunn - :banana::banana:. This month is looking awesome......

mainegal
07-06-2009, 05:48 AM
GOOD morning! :cool1:
I can't believe the sun is shining and the sky is blue!!! A greatway to start the week, even though I do have to go to work after a week off.

Have a good week, all of you!

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Good Morning DIS friends! Monday it certainly is. I've been up since about 2am, due to some restless pups and someone needing to turn every light in the house on and dance....:faint: I need my beauty sleep!:lmao::lmao:

But it is a treat to listen to the e-mail show on Monday. There might be a silver lining to this cloud after all.

tlcoke
07-06-2009, 06:22 AM
I took the email show out on my morning walk. Beautiful sunrise, with a haze of fog, from the moisture left over from our rainy holiday weekend. The chocolate reference, will definitely make me rethink eating chocolate (which is great for the shape up plan) for a while at least until, I can get that image out of my head. :scared1:

Another assessment is after listening:
This mysterious Project X = an Iphone/Ipod Touch Application

mainegal
07-06-2009, 06:23 AM
I was away last week so I am behind on both new shows.

I started listening to the discussion show last night in bed. Soon realized that my body thought sleep was more important! Can't wait to catch up by listening on my drive to work.

kab407
07-06-2009, 06:27 AM
Yea, but he is a weirdo

Hey!

No smack talking about my DIS hubby, Don!

Do not anger the wives.....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

kab407
07-06-2009, 06:29 AM
Morning all.:surfweb:

How did Monday get here so fast?????

mainegal
07-06-2009, 06:35 AM
My 500th post!

Wonder how many posts I will have by the time I cruise with all of you...

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 06:38 AM
My 500th post!

Congrats on 500!!! I started posting on the few volume of PCC 1.0 with fewer than 200. I bet you can boost it right up there!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

kab407
07-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Congrats on 500!!! I started posting on the few volume of PCC 1.0 with fewer than 200. I bet you can boost it right up there!!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Hail the Master!

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 06:54 AM
:worship::worship::worship::worship:

Hail the Master!

You're just sucking up because you think that I won't give you chores. It takes a bit more than worship for that....:sad2::mad::sad2: ....like a Cosmo, or a Mojito, or a Long Island, or......:goodvibes:goodvibes

kab407
07-06-2009, 07:10 AM
You're just sucking up because you think that I won't give you chores. It takes a bit more than worship for that....:sad2::mad::sad2: ....like a Cosmo, or a Mojito, or a Long Island, or......:goodvibes:goodvibes

:love2:

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 07:18 AM
:love2:

:blush::blush::blush:Aww shucks!:blush::blush::blush: I guess you have me wrapped around your finger.:hug::hug::hug:

Becx N Gav
07-06-2009, 07:31 AM

Or all 3 ;)

cocowum
07-06-2009, 07:35 AM
Morning all. :surfweb: Happy Monday. :goodvibes

I listened to the email show last night and it was hilarious! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Don, I loved your choice of music! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Great job! :thumbsup2

Madi100
07-06-2009, 07:41 AM
Good morning all. I'm thinking this working on Monday thing is not working out so well. Yuck! And that is excactly how I am feeling. I think I have sinus/allergy crap going on.

On the wonderful side of things, my girls are with Grandma and Grandpa for the week. It's a quiet house this week.

We find out today which soccer team Madi gets to play on. Cross your fingers for us.

shellyminnie
07-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Morning People!! Can I go back to bed now?? For some reason I am so tired this morning. Maybe I'll take a nap later . . .

klam_chowder
07-06-2009, 07:49 AM
Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Lake Placid is a beautiful place - even in the rain! Well one nite it rained the entire time but it was alright since our tent didn't get wet, and there were enough :sunny: breaks in the day to check out all the happenings around town including trying our hand at biathalon shooting (I suck :lmao:), taking the gondola up Whiteface Mtn, touring the Olympic venues, munching our way thru a KCBS bbq competition - they take their bbq'ing seriously! :worship: - and watching the July 4th fireworks in Lake Placid.

The ski jumping show was craZie! Seemed all the jumpers were under 20 - anyone older than that knows jumping off 90m with nothing but a little stretchie suit to protect you is craZiE :scared: We some how managed to watch from the judges' tower with the organizers and families - fab vantage point and of course when they halted the jumps for a few minutes to let a downpour pass, we were well sheltered :thumbsup2

Hope everyone has a wonderful week! :goodvibes

cheers,
:flower3:

Dodie
07-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Good morning folks! :wave2:

Along the lines of significant others and Disney...

Phillip (my DH) and I married in the fall of 1993. I was a teacher at the time, so we couldn't take our honeymoon until spring break 1994. I had been to WDW 4 times prior to that (twice with my parents, twice with friends), but he had never been. He was the one who decided that was what we should do, so I planned the trip with AAA (this was pre-DIS) and we stayed at what was then Dixie Landings (POR now).

Long story short, every year after that for about 10 years we would talk about what we wanted to do for our "big" vacation that year and HE would always suggest WDW again. I would go along with it (of course!) because I loved it too. The funny thing was, whenever any of our friends or family would give us the "Why are you going THERE again?" line of questioning, he would always blame ME. "You know how Dodie is - she loves it there. I can't get her to go anywhere else."

Finally, after all of these years (16 and counting) and a DVC purchase (VWL!), he is willing to admit publicly that the trend is at least partially HIS fault. :) He and I (and now YOU) know the truth. ;)

kab407
07-06-2009, 08:08 AM

Phillip (my DH) and I married in the fall of 1993. I was a teacher at the time, so we couldn't take our honeymoon until spring break 1994. I had been to WDW 4 times prior to that (twice with my parents, twice with friends), but he had never been. He was the one who decided that was what we should do, so I planned the trip with AAA (this was pre-DIS) and we stayed at what was then Dixie Landings (POR now).

Long story short, every year after that for about 10 years we would talk about what we wanted to do for our "big" vacation that year and HE would always suggest WDW again. I would go along with it (of course!) because I loved it too. The funny thing was, whenever any of our friends or family would give us the "Why are you going THERE again?" line of questioning, he would always blame ME. "You know how Dodie is - she loves it there. I can't get her to go anywhere else."

Finally, after all of these years (16 and counting) and a DVC purchase (VWL!), he is willing to admit publicly that the trend is at least partially HIS fault. :) He and I (and now YOU) know the truth. ;)

You have a keeper Dodie!

Dodie
07-06-2009, 08:10 AM
You have a keeper Dodie!

Agreed. :lovestruc Goofy flashing skull necklace and all.

georgemoe
07-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Good morning everyone. :wave2: I hope everyone had an excellent weekend. :goodvibes

I've got to fire up the email show. :banana:

Happy Monday! :)

Launchpad11B
07-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Mornin' peeps!!! Everyone have a great Monday! :goodvibes I'm off to the gym to ward off weakness!! I don't want to wind up like Don! pirate:

dpuck1998
07-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Mornin' peeps!!! Everyone have a great Monday! :goodvibes I'm off to the gym to ward off weakness!! I don't want to wind up like Don! pirate:

Hey! Well....its true :( Someday....someday....

DVCsince02
07-06-2009, 08:32 AM

That's why I married him too.:lovestruc;)

Hey guess what?!? Remember that PIN I got in the mail. I called Disney anyway to see if I could use it. I told the girl I had never heard of that person and I have been living in this house since it was built. She let me use it! Right now I have a ressie at the Pop, during DAP weekend, on hold for 1 week. I don't think I'll use it, but it was nice to finally get a PIN and be able to use it.:woohoo:

ADP
07-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Morning! :wave:

You know what they say; "time flies when you're having fun"! Well, it's Monday already. The weekend flew by. Thanks Puck! See what you did? :laughing: Did you eat all that chocolate cake yet? I could tell you really enjoyed it after your fourth piece. ;)

It would be very wrong if I didn't say good morning to my DIS Wife! :lovestruc My number one wife on these boards! :cheer2: (until Kim joins someday). :rolleyes1

dpuck1998
07-06-2009, 09:00 AM

You know what they say; "time flies when you're having fun"! Well, it's Monday already. The weekend flew by. Thanks Puck! See what you did? :laughing: Did you eat all that chocolate cake yet? I could tell you really enjoyed it after your fourth piece. ;)

It would be very wrong if I didn't say good morning to my DIS Wife! :lovestruc My number one wife on these boards! :cheer2: (until Kim joins someday). :rolleyes1

I ate the last piece last night. Then I was sick all night....that'll teach me.

DVCsince02
07-06-2009, 09:24 AM

Mornin' Sunshine! I'm so glad you had a great weekend with your "brother-husband". :rotfl:

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Mornin' Sunshine! I'm so glad you had a great weekend with your "brother-husband". :rotfl:

And now the family tree/genealogy chart gets really screwed up.

On that note, Cougar Kat, is not allowed to be APD's DIS wife. If she did, she would be my step daughter and my future mother-in-law!:scared1::scared1::scared1:

ADP
07-06-2009, 10:04 AM

On that note, Cougar Kat, is not allowed to be APD's DIS wife. If she did, she would be my step daughter and my future mother-in-law!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
Bah!
All of these rules are lost somewhere in the DIS. It's all fair game in love and romance. :flower3:

shellyminnie
07-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Bah!
All of these rules are lost somewhere in the DIS. It's all fair game in love and romance. :flower3:

There were rules?? :confused3

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

kab407
07-06-2009, 10:16 AM

This turning into one heck of a scary family tree!

Bah!

The are no rules in DIS Polygamy!!!!

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 10:29 AM
This turning into one heck of a scary family tree!

The are no rules in DIS Polygamy!!!!

Hmmm...I would inherit my own estate....:lmao::lmao:

georgemoe
07-06-2009, 10:42 AM
There is much weirdness here today. Glad I get to be part of it. :dance3:

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 11:03 AM

More than normal?:joker::jester::jester:

kab407
07-06-2009, 11:05 AM

Full Moon.

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Full Moon.

Breaking Dawn

kab407
07-06-2009, 11:19 AM
Breaking Dawn

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm so proud!!!!

dpuck1998
07-06-2009, 11:44 AM
http://supportyourlocalgunfighter.com/wp-content/uploads/big-gun.jpg

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 11:48 AM
http://riverdaughter.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/feather.jpg

kimisabella
07-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th - it was an absolutely beautiful weekend here. We were supposed to go to the Hamptons, but, weren't able to for a few different reasons.

I'm starting to get confused with all the husbands/wives/step-sons/ect... all I know is that I've got one dh and one DIS DH - I think that's all I can handle for now :lovestruc
Now Don, on the other hand - he is becoming quite the Dis 'ho - that email was funny and the music fit him just right ;)

My sister is getting married next Saturday and it has been CRAZY around here, dresses, alterations, shoes, hair appointments, nails, rehersal dinner - can't wait to get my life back after this is over!!!

And, on top of everything else, my (real) DH is in a tug of war situation at work. He is the commanding officer in his office and applied for a different position within the NYPD, the new position wants him, but they don't want to let him go from where is he now - I feel bad for him, he hasn't been sleeping well and is nervous about the whole thing - we will just have to see how things will work out....popcorn::

Alice2020
07-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Full Moon.

I think it REALLY was a full moon last night. I never got to sleep- my work kept calling me in.

We are only supposed to see EMERGENT cases at night. I spoke with a dad insisting that he had to bring his daughter to be admitted to my psychiatric facility. I asked Dad if he thought that the patient might physically harm herself or others before the morning. Dad said yes and they showed up shortly after that. I spoke to them and the chief complaint was that two days ago the patient called a sibling fat during a fight- and the patient had been asleep when the parent called! :sad2::sad2: I asked and asked Dad to explain to me what happened that he woke up his child to bring her to the psychiatric facility in the middle of the night. He kept looking at me like I was speaking Japanese. It took everything in my body to not say, "Sir, your child is fine. You need to lay off the crack."

Oh well- full moon or not, that's what I get paid to do. I make more money for shore excursions on full-moons!

Dodie- that was a really cute story about your husband. Maybe one of these days my husband will catch the bug (or at least give me an excuse to plan another trip to WDW!)

-Kelly

Madi100
07-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Madi made the soccer team, which is great. I really thought she SHOULD have, but you never know. Mom's always think better of their kids. Now, we just need to find a house to live in. Not finding anything good for rentals.

kab407
07-06-2009, 12:57 PM

Is that what you use to fix the copier?

georgemoe
07-06-2009, 01:00 PM

What do you call that? "The Persuader". :eek:

tlcoke
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
No that is how the operator's break their copiers that won't work correctly.
(speaking from experience here-in our dreams this how we would like to fix our copiers :rotfl:)

The repair man's response is "It's your paper"

guynwdm
07-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Madi made the soccer team, which is great. I really thought she SHOULD have, but you never know. Mom's always think better of their kids. Now, we just need to find a house to live in. Not finding anything good for rentals.

Woo Hoo, Congrats to Madi!! I am sure there is plenty of rentals if you don't want to be picky.... the girls might get more of an education than you planned on lol:rotfl::rotfl:

guynwdm
07-06-2009, 01:12 PM

We do need a "tree" for this. at this rate we are going to be a whole week long special on springer. lol

Dodie
07-06-2009, 01:26 PM
I'm starting to get confused with all the husbands/wives/step-sons/ect... all I know is that I've got one dh and one DIS DH - I think that's all I can handle for now :lovestruc

My sentiments EXACTLY!

Good afternoon everyone! Madi made the soccer team, which is great. I really thought she SHOULD have, but you never know. Mom's always think better of their kids. Now, we just need to find a house to live in. Not finding anything good for rentals.

Congratulations to Madi and good luck to you guys, Nicole.

Madi100
07-06-2009, 01:28 PM
Woo Hoo, Congrats to Madi!! I am sure there is plenty of rentals if you don't want to be picky.... the girls might get more of an education than you planned on lol:rotfl::rotfl:

We've got a friend who has a bunch of rental properties. James called him this morning, and he said he's assuming that if he wouldn't let his wife live in them, James wouldn't let me live in them. So, no, he had nothing for me. That would be the problem.

There is one house we really like, but just don't know if we want to commit to buying. We go back and forth. ARRRR. James is actually the back and forth person. It's stressing me out.

dpuck1998
07-06-2009, 01:29 PM

You wish! :scared1::scared1:

dpuck1998
07-06-2009, 01:31 PM
We've got a friend who has a bunch of rental properties. James called him this morning, and he said he's assuming that if he wouldn't let his wife live in them, James wouldn't let me live in them. So, no, he had nothing for me. That would be the problem.

There is one house we really like, but just don't know if we want to commit to buying. We go back and forth. ARRRR. James is actually the back and forth person. It's stressing me out.

:hug:

Madi100
07-06-2009, 02:12 PM
You wish! :scared1::scared1:

Hmm, I'm married to you and didn't even know such facts.

kimisabella
07-06-2009, 03:22 PM
Good afternoon everyone!

Congratulations to Madi - hopefully you guys find something soon. Here in NY it takes FOREVER to close on a house, like 2 months or so...

Madi100
07-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Congratulations to Madi - hopefully you guys find something soon. Here in NY it takes FOREVER to close on a house, like 2 months or so...

I wish it took 2 months. I'd be much happier. We have a couple leads, so hopefully they work out.

Disneybridein2k3
07-06-2009, 06:35 PM
I listened to the email show last night and it was hilarious! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Don, I loved your choice of music! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Great job! :thumbsup2
I thought I would drive off the road when I heard this. Between Don and the first voicemail, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

Is this why you took Don for your second husband? Nothing like having a 2nd choice when your first husband is stressing you out.

dpuck1998
07-06-2009, 06:55 PM
Is this why you took Don for your second husband? Nothing like having a 2nd choice when your first husband is stressing you out.

::yes::

Madi100
07-06-2009, 07:14 PM
I thought I would drive off the road when I heard this. Between Don and the first voicemail, my stomach hurt from laughing so hard.

Yes, Don is the calm in my storm :)

A.Mickey
07-06-2009, 10:21 PM
Finally all caught up with everyones news between Facebook and this thread! Hope everyone had a fantastic 4th!

We got back last night from a short jaunt to Michigan. Wish the weather could have been better but I can't complain. Went to the beach in Pentwater on Thursday and Friday, was a wee bit cold to swim- 55 degrees F!! It was weird being back in Pentwater and staying at my grandparent's house, it was my 1st time being back to the house since my grandmother died in September. I got some of my grandmother's belongings from my aunts on the visit. Saturday and Sunday hung out around Newyago at Bills Lake and Baptist Lake. My family shoots off our own fireworks and my uncle brings some illegals from Indiana. My aunt is friends with an imagineer and he was there to witness my familes frivalty! :rotfl:

Hope everyone has a great week! Good to be back!!!:yay:

tlcoke
07-07-2009, 04:55 AM
Good Morning Everyone! I hope you have a good Tuesday!

kymickeyfan717
07-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Morn' all - hope all have a good day.:yay:

mainegal
07-07-2009, 06:14 AM
Good morning!

We actually had two sunny days!!! :cool1:
Rain again today. sigh...

georgemoe
07-07-2009, 06:42 AM
Morning everyone! :wave2:

Have a great day! :goodvibes

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 07:03 AM
Morning Friends. Back to being a little more normal today. However, I would not recommend a day of fasting and forgetting to turn down your insulin pump...waking up this morning involved a crash to the floor. No worries. Right as rain now. Just dazed and confused for a bit. (Before Jaime or Don can comment) But what's new with that, right?

UrsulasShadow
07-07-2009, 07:17 AM
Good Morning, all!

"Here comes the rain again
Raining in my head like a tragedy
Tearing me apart like a new emotion...."

Morning Friends. Back to being a little more normal today. However, I would not recommend a day of fasting and forgetting to turn down your insulin pump...waking up this morning involved a crash to the floor. No worries. Right as rain now. Just dazed and confused for a bit. (Before Jaime or Don can comment) But what's new with that, right?

I grew up with a diabetic brother, who was notoriously bad at keeping his BS level. Every other morning involved my dad having to go upstairs and sitting on his chest whilst my mother poured OJ down his throat. He was a very strong kid, and his "reactions" made him very violent and profane.

He's much better now! Married a nurse, and now he does everything by the book...or else...:laughing:

Glad to hear you feel better now. Don't DO that again, Toddles.

dpuck1998
07-07-2009, 07:24 AM
Good Morning, all!

I grew up with a diabetic brother, who was notoriously bad at keeping his BS level. Every other morning involved my dad having to go upstairs and sitting on his chest whilst my mother poured OJ down his throat. He was a very strong kid, and his "reactions" made him very violent and profane.

He's much better now! Married a nurse, and now he does everything by the book...or else...:laughing:

Funny how convincing a wife can be vs. parents isn't it. They have a little more "power" over us men.

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 07:30 AM

I get very quiet and can't talk. Its like my mouth is wired shut. So if I get quiet, tell me to eat something, please.

katscradle
07-07-2009, 07:42 AM
Good morning everyone! :)
I hope everyone had a great holiday. :thumbsup2
I am now off to get caught up.

klam_chowder
07-07-2009, 07:43 AM
morrrnnnning folks! :wave:

My sister is getting married next Saturday and it has been CRAZY around here, dresses, alterations, shoes, hair appointments, nails, rehersal dinner

And, on top of everything else, my (real) DH is in a tug of war situation at work.

Andrea, have a great time this weekend - your sister is lucky to have you helping her out :hug:

And some extra pixiedust: for Vinny - hope everything works out for him! :thumbsup2

I get very quiet and can't talk. Its like my mouth is wired shut. So if I get quiet, tell me to eat something, please.

like we've ever seen that happen! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

cheers,

tiggerbell
07-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Just dazed and confused for a bit. (Before Jaime or Don can comment) But what's new with that, right?

Nuts... :rolleyes:

scarlett873
07-07-2009, 08:09 AM
Todd...Don't make us come up there! You need to take care of yourself Mister!!

I'm being summoned to my sister's house today to help with baby shower related stuff. We're doing a baby shower for my sister-in-law next month so I guess it's time to get to planning it...

Have a good day folks!

katscradle
07-07-2009, 08:28 AM
-Kelly

My 500th post!

Now Don, on the other hand - he is becoming quite the Dis 'ho - that email was funny and the music fit him just right ;)

And, on top of everything else, my (real) DH is in a tug of war situation at work. He is the commanding officer in his office and applied for a different position within the NYPD, the new position wants him, but they don't want to let him go from where is he now - I feel bad for him, he hasn't been sleeping well and is nervous about the whole thing - we will just have to see how things will work out....popcorn::

George, there's a roof top lounge with a pretty nice looking bar.
I would be happy to have you and Deb over for drinks.:thumbsup2

Kelly DH and I are both Disney addicts, which is great as there is never any conflict as to where we are going to go on vacation. :)

Mainegal, congrats on your 500th, it wasn't that long ago I had my 500th.:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Dodie, that's so sweet! He's a keeper! :thumbsup2

Kim, your not the only one that is getting confused with who's with who.:confused3
Hopefully the whole work situation works out for your DH, and that in the end he gets what he wants. It's important for people to love their work. :thumbsup2

katscradle
07-07-2009, 08:37 AM

Nicole, tell Madi cograts on the soccer team. :cheer2:

Stop stressing just let him know that if he does not find something suitable for his queen and princesses to live in that you will be checking into a 5 star hotel until such time as something comes along that is suitable. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Todd, do I have to make a road trip? I will if I have too.
You need to take care of yourself, after all we are expecting you at DAP. :banana::banana::banana:

aGoofyMom
07-07-2009, 09:03 AM
Good afternoon everyone!

Yay Madi!!! :cheer2:

Todd!!! What she (and everyone else) said!!! Do I need to send emergency cookies?

My 500th post!

I remeber trying to get to 1000 posts before 1.0...I still don't post much, but I got there! :rolleyes:

Morning all! only today and tomorrow before vacation is over. Ugh. Muscles are starting to feel better after a weekend of intense gardening. I managed to pull muscles in my palm from moving stones around. They tried to call me into work. My gardening project was making a safety hazard of my front entrance so I had to say no. :rolleyes1

Sounds like some fun weekends were had around here. :yay:

I am going to TRY to get my serger repaired today. I can't believe I have to go out of the city for this.

kimisabella
07-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Andrea, have a great time this weekend - your sister is lucky to have you helping her out :hug:

And some extra pixiedust: for Vinny - hope everything works out for him! :thumbsup2

Hi Karen - the wedding is next weekend - don't rush it, I'm still not ready yet :laughing::laughing:!!! Todays drama has been who is riding in which limo and my grandmother, who is 87, is so afraid that someone is going to "forget" her and not pick her up at her house and bring her to the church - my mother has assured her that she won't be left behind :rotfl2:

Kim, your not the only one that is getting confused with who's with who.:confused3
Hopefully the whole work situation works out for your DH, and that in the end he gets what he wants. It's important for people to love their work. :thumbsup2

Thanks Katherine - it's not that he's unhappy where he is, its just that he's been in that position for 8 years and there are so many other opportunities and experiences within the dept that he is looking to do something different. They don't want him to leave where he is now since he has been there the longest and has the most experience in his position - it is a purely selfish move on their part.

georgemoe
07-07-2009, 10:26 AM
Hi Karen - the wedding is next weekend - don't rush it, I'm still not ready yet :laughing::laughing:!!! Todays drama has been who is riding in which limo and my grandmother, who is 87, is so afraid that someone is going to "forget" her and not pick her up at her house and bring her to the church - my mother has assured her that she won't be left behind :rotfl2:

That wouldn't be me since I'm not going. :yay: :goodvibes

Hope everything works out for Vinny Andrea. :thumbsup2

Alice2020
07-07-2009, 11:13 AM

I am a pump wearer too- I hope that you feel better soon- :wizard:I normally feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck after those sorts of reactions!

Could someone explain the back story to the apparently polygamous sect that has multiple Dis Wives- I am new to the boards and a little confused :confused3

Have a great morning!
-Kelly

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 11:18 AM
I am a pump wearer too- I hope that you feel better soon- :wizard:I normally feel like I have been hit by a Mack Truck after those sorts of reactions!

:banana::banana:There's another DIS'er that's a Pumper!?!?!?!?:faint::faint:

I'm not collecting wives; however, I am accepting applications for ladies in waiting....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DVCsince02
07-07-2009, 11:20 AM

Could someone explain the back story to the apparently polygamous sect that has multiple Dis Wives- I am new to the boards and a little confused :confused3

Have a great morning!
-Kelly

A poster thought Don (dpuck1998) and I were married because of our banter. The family continues to grow.

I'm not collecting wives; however, I am accepting applications for ladies in waiting....:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Ahem......:flower3:

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Ahem......:flower3:

You courted me, princess. There is a difference.

Launchpad11B
07-07-2009, 11:23 AM
You courted me, princess. There is a difference.

Todd, you seem to be in high demand these days!

kimisabella
07-07-2009, 11:29 AM
That wouldn't be me since I'm not going. :yay: :goodvibes

Hope everything works out for Vinny Andrea. :thumbsup2

Poor George - your never going to live that one down.... that is until someone else does something memorable at DAP

kab407
07-07-2009, 11:32 AM
:banana::banana:[SIZE="7"]

Do I have to apply or do I get an automatic in because of the family connections?

shellyminnie
07-07-2009, 11:35 AM

:flower3::flower3::flower3:

maroo
07-07-2009, 11:43 AM

Have a great morning!
-Kelly

No joke...

I need a family tree, please. :flower3:

I am so hopelessly lost on this thread. I may have to wait till we get a new one started and then try to keep up. :rotfl:

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 11:51 AM
No joke...

I am so hopelessly lost on this thread. I may have to wait till we get a new one started and then try to keep up. :rotfl:

Fair warning. It may make this look simple.

http://ravenchilde.net/fringestats/fringe_relmap.png

MenashaCorp
07-07-2009, 11:56 AM
No joke...

It's less a tree than a hopeless tangle of interconnectivity, like a tundra, coral reef, or kudzu. :laughing:

I've been around since the cruise thread(s) started, and I'm dead if there's a quiz on who's married to whom on PCC 2.0! :lmao: I could barely keep screen names and "real" names straight on 1.0 and we're gonna have wayyyyy more people on the next one!! :eek:

Edited to Add: OMG - Todd has a diagram for EVERYTHING!!!:laughing:

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 11:58 AM
It's less a tree than a hopeless tangle of interconnectivity, like a tundra, coral reef, or kudzu. :laughing:

I've been around since the cruise thread(s) started, and I'm dead if there's a quiz on who's married to whom on PCC 2.0! :lmao: I could barely keep screen names and "real" names straight on 1.0 and we're gonna have wayyyyy more people on the next one!! :eek:

Maybe if Tracy makes up lanyard things, we can add a line that says:
"I am DIS married to XXXX":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

georgemoe
07-07-2009, 12:03 PM
If anyone thinks there are a lot of posts now -

Be afraid, BE VERY AFRAID! :scared1:

tlcoke
07-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Maybe if Tracy makes up lanyard things, we can add a line that says:
"I am DIS married to XXXX":rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

All Tracy needs is a good database and she should be able to print anything on the name badges.

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 12:30 PM
All Tracy needs is a good database and she should be able to print anything on the name badges.

Now if only we had some DIS'ers that were good with computers.....:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

aspen37
07-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Don't scare me like that! You better take care of yourself!

jeanigor
07-07-2009, 01:22 PM
Don't scare me like that! You better take care of yourself!

I promise, its not that big of a deal. It would have been if I wouldn't have been able to get up out of bed to fall in the first place.:goodvibes

aspen37
07-07-2009, 01:26 PM

I'm not married so there is one less person you need to remember Jason. Buddy says hi.:dogdance:

I think Todd has a stash of diagrams, and spreadsheets and is just waiting to use them.;)

aspen37
07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
I promise, its not that big of a deal. It would have been if I wouldn't have been able to get up out of bed to fall in the first place.:goodvibes

Your right, a Diabetic Coma would be a big deal. :scared1::scared1:
I won't worry since your fine. :rolleyes1

ADP
07-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just remembered I haven't checked into this thread all day.

Todd - I'm glad you are ok. Whatever you do, don't forget to eat.

If you ask me there seems to be some wife swapping going on since the beginning of the podcast cruise threads. I've lost track of who belongs to who.:flower3:

cocowum
07-07-2009, 03:51 PM
Yes, Don is the calm in my storm :)
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Funniest thing I've read all day! :rotfl::rotfl:

Todd, I hope you are feeling better! :flower3:

Disneybridein2k3
07-07-2009, 09:16 PM
OR ELSE.
I'm not sure I've ever seen this happen with you. Maybe you are just shy though, like Yvette.

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 02:16 AM
My 500th post!

Congratulations :banana: I hope one day to get into the many thousands - I need to stop working it eats into my Dis time :rotfl:

Morning all. :surfweb: Happy Monday. :goodvibes

Grrrr, heard about 10 minutes last night and then everyone decided to call us and the evening was gone :sad2:

Good morning all. I'm thinking this working on Monday thing is not working out so well. Yuck! And that is excactly how I am feeling. I think I have sinus/allergy crap going on.

On the wonderful side of things, my girls are with Grandma and Grandpa for the week. It's a quiet house this week.

We find out today which soccer team Madi gets to play on. Cross your fingers for us.

Enjoy a week off - I hope the kiddies have a great week away :woohoo:

Happy Monday folks! :wave2:

Lake Placid is a beautiful place - even in the rain! Well one nite it rained the entire time but it was alright since our tent didn't get wet, and there were enough :sunny: breaks in the day to check out all the happenings around town including trying our hand at biathalon shooting (I suck :lmao:), taking the gondola up Whiteface Mtn, touring the Olympic venues, munching our way thru a KCBS bbq competition - they take their bbq'ing seriously! :worship: - and watching the July 4th fireworks in Lake Placid.

The ski jumping show was craZie! Seemed all the jumpers were under 20 - anyone older than that knows jumping off 90m with nothing but a little stretchie suit to protect you is craZiE :scared: We some how managed to watch from the judges' tower with the organizers and families - fab vantage point and of course when they halted the jumps for a few minutes to let a downpour pass, we were well sheltered :thumbsup2

Glad to hear you had a good time :banana: I will remind DH to look into the beer thing for you - I told him to do it over the weekend :rolleyes:

At least he finally admitted it - that is the first step for an addiction (albeit a good addiction :yay:) )

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 02:30 AM
That's why I married him too.:lovestruc;)

Hey guess what?!? Remember that PIN I got in the mail. I called Disney anyway to see if I could use it. I told the girl I had never heard of that person and I have been living in this house since it was built. She let me use it! Right now I have a ressie at the Pop, during DAP weekend, on hold for 1 week. I don't think I'll use it, but it was nice to finally get a PIN and be able to use it.:woohoo:

We never get any pins :sad1: I really hate living in this country, we miss out on all the good stuff!

That is making my head hurt, it is too early for all this.....

Happy Monday everyone! Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th - it was an absolutely beautiful weekend here. We were supposed to go to the Hamptons, but, weren't able to for a few different reasons.

My sister is getting married next Saturday and it has been CRAZY around here, dresses, alterations, shoes, hair appointments, nails, rehersal dinner - can't wait to get my life back after this is over!!!

Hope you enjoy the wedding!

:hug: for your DH - must be hard as I'm sure he wants both, you have to learn you can't always please everyone and have to think of your own best interests.

I think it REALLY was a full moon last night. I never got to sleep- my work kept calling me in.

We are only supposed to see EMERGENT cases at night. I spoke with a dad insisting that he had to bring his daughter to be admitted to my psychiatric facility. I asked Dad if he thought that the patient might physically harm herself or others before the morning. Dad said yes and they showed up shortly after that. I spoke to them and the chief complaint was that two days ago the patient called a sibling fat during a fight- and the patient had been asleep when the parent called! :sad2::sad2: I asked and asked Dad to explain to me what happened that he woke up his child to bring her to the psychiatric facility in the middle of the night. He kept looking at me like I was speaking Japanese. It took everything in my body to not say, "Sir, your child is fine. You need to lay off the crack."

Oh well- full moon or not, that's what I get paid to do. I make more money for shore excursions on full-moons!

Dodie- that was a really cute story about your husband. Maybe one of these days my husband will catch the bug (or at least give me an excuse to plan another trip to WDW!)

-Kelly

Some people eh? When I worked in the pathology labs you would always see more suicide attempts right after a full moon - spooky.

We do need a "tree" for this. at this rate we are going to be a whole week long special on springer. lol

I think we need a spread sheet :rotfl:

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 02:41 AM

Oh Todd, you need to take care of yourself otherwise who will do the FE primer :confused3

Seriously I hope you are ok?

:hug:

Good Morning, all!

Listen to Mum ;)

Funny how convincing a wife can be vs. parents isn't it. They have a little more "power" over us men.

I think parents have to let go of the control of their children whereas us wives have it forever - and we always know best :rolleyes1

:scared1: I am having trouble picturing this

Ah bless her, grandmothers always worry so much :grouphug:

:banana::banana:There's another DIS'er that's a Pumper!?!?!?!?:faint::faint:

Me, me, me - I want to get to wear a pretty dress - pleeeaaassseee Todd :yay:

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 02:46 AM
No joke...

Good luck with that - this is the gentle lap of waves before the almighty storm starts :scared1: I gave up keeping up with posting on the PCC 1.0 threads (but I was a little late to the party :sad2:) I barely managed to read them all before we left!

I guess if you weren't posting that would be worse :hug:

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 02:48 AM
Good mornig all - forgot to say that :flower3:

Hump day here we come, can't wait for the weekend - I need some sleep :scared:

georgemoe
07-08-2009, 04:51 AM
Good mornig all - forgot to say that :flower3:

Hump day here we come, can't wait for the weekend - I need some sleep :scared:

Good morning Becky. :goodvibes

Good morning everyone. :wave2: This could be my earliest good morning post. :)

tlcoke
07-08-2009, 04:56 AM
Good morning Becky & George, and Everyone!

Going out to get my walk in before any rain moves in. There are showers to the west that may hit us this morning. I hope my work day is busier today than it has been, unfortunately half the university is on vacation this week, which means we are sloooooow.

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 04:58 AM
Good morning Becky. :goodvibes

Good morning everyone. :wave2: This could be my earliest good morning post. :)

WOW - that is super early (5.50am???????) I hope you are up for a good reason - can you tell I'm not a morning person!

I think I was just born into the wrong time zone :rotfl: East coast time is just perfect for me, I have so much trouble getting back to UK time when we fly home :scared:

safetymom
07-08-2009, 05:22 AM
Good Wednesday morning everyone!! It's supposed to be a rainy day here.

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 05:35 AM

It seemed to rain here yesterday every time I went to go outside :headache: and it was really chilly. Hopefully it will pick up for the weekend I need some colour (my cruise tan has mostly faded now)

kymickeyfan717
07-08-2009, 05:41 AM
Morning all - hope all have a good Wednesday.....

mainegal
07-08-2009, 06:00 AM
I think I was just born into the wrong time zone :rotfl: East coast time is just perfect for me, I have so much trouble getting back to UK time when we fly home :scared:

What works best for me is to be on the western edge of a time zone. The sun goes "to bed" later then.

Here in Maine, we are on the eastern edge, then sun gets up too early. Except for this morning. It is raining, AGAIN!!!

mainegal
07-08-2009, 06:03 AM

Me, too?!

I'd like one of those tall cone headpieces with the flowing scarf, please.

And as one of your "ladies in waiting", I can still be the "old maid spinster with the mysterious past and no cats".

Launchpad11B
07-08-2009, 06:06 AM
Mornin' peeps. :goodvibes How is everyone today?

kab407
07-08-2009, 06:18 AM

:surfweb:

It's Wednesday. Nuff said?

Good Morning DIS Hubby. :cloud9:

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 06:27 AM
What works best for me is to be on the western edge of a time zone. The sun goes "to bed" later then.

Here in Maine, we are on the eastern edge, then sun gets up too early. Except for this morning. It is raining, AGAIN!!!

I had never though of the postition within the time zone - we are pretty much due north of London (and Grenwich) so I'm assuming we're in the middle - maybe we should move to western Ireland :confused3

Sorry to hear about your rain - I thought July was summer but apparently not :mad:

Me, too?!

I'd like one of those tall cone headpieces with the flowing scarf, please.

And as one of your "ladies in waiting", I can still be the "old maid spinster with the mysterious past and no cats".

princess: one of these? I want a really big poofy dress :upsidedow

mainegal
07-08-2009, 06:27 AM

Wet, AGAIN, here in Maine.

Otherwise, fine...

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 06:50 AM
Good morning computernut friends!! The iPod I use took a tumble this morning, halfway through my morning run. Now it won't turn on. Not sure which will be worse. Running in silence or telling DP I busted his old iPod.:confused3

Hmm. This is beginning to be a trend. Perhaps it will be news when it isn't raining in central Florida....

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 06:58 AM
Good morning computernut friends!! The iPod I use took a tumble this morning, halfway through my morning run. Now it won't turn on. Not sure which will be worse. Running in silence or telling DP I busted his old iPod.:confused3

Hmm. This is beginning to be a trend. Perhaps it will be news when it isn't raining in central Florida....

Oooops, maybe try dropping it again :confused3 Hope your DP is not too mad :hug:

shellyminnie
07-08-2009, 07:01 AM
Morning People!! It's Wednesday!!

tlcoke
07-08-2009, 07:13 AM
Rained again here this morning. I got wet on my walk this morning, as the rained moved in before I was finished.

shellyminnie
07-08-2009, 07:17 AM

Not really a trend, just Florida in the summer. Although this year seems to be worse than past years. We've had very few days where it hasn't rained at all!!

Alice2020
07-08-2009, 08:10 AM
Good Morning!

Like many of you, I am having a very rainy morning. I will need some extra luck today- I was on call until 7 a.m., I have to work 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., then I go back on call at 7 p.m. :scared1: On top of that, I have to find the kids more things to take to Nana's house while I work, because it doesn't look like playing out side will be much of an option today.

Hope you all have a less hectic day than mine!

-Kelly

firsttimemom
07-08-2009, 08:10 AM
send the rain this way! My hydrangeas are wiltiing. After a wet wet early June, we've had no rain recently.

mainegal
07-08-2009, 08:16 AM
princess: one of these? I want a really big poofy dress :upsidedow

Yes! The whole outfit! Flowing dress, rather than poofy, I think. But for ease of moving around on the ship, just the headpiece.

ADP
07-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Morning Everyone!
Happy Wednesday morning to all of you. :)

The podcast goes up today and it's chat night! An awesome double-whammy!

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes! The whole outfit! Flowing dress, rather than poofy, I think. But for ease of moving around on the ship, just the headpiece.

I would agree. A poofy dress for land. Just the headpiece for the ship.

klam_chowder
07-08-2009, 08:40 AM
Happy hump day folks! :wave2:

Glad to hear you had a good time :banana: I will remind DH to look into the beer thing for you - I told him to do it over the weekend :rolleyes:

Whenever he has time - no rush. :goodvibes Just thought it'd be fun to share fave UK brews :drinking1

And I can tell you've caught up on this thread :lmao: :lmao:

Finally saw UP last nite - boy, can they tell stories! DH was so saddened by it that he didn't even want to go for our usual DQ Blizzard afterwards :eek: :faint:

cheers,

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 08:44 AM

Geek time....special event today....12:34:56 07/08/09....T Minus 3 hours and counting....

Finally saw UP last nite - boy, can they tell stories! DH was so saddened by it that he didn't even want to go for our usual DQ Blizzard afterwards :eek: :faint:

Wow. doesn't ice cream make him feel better?

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Good Morning!

Like many of you, I am having a very rainy morning. I will need some extra luck today- I was on call until 7 a.m., I have to work 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., then I go back on call at 7 p.m. :scared1: On top of that, I have to find the kids more things to take to Nana's house while I work, because it doesn't look like playing out side will be much of an option today.

Hope you all have a less hectic day than mine!

-Kelly

Good luck with all of that :scared1: makes me glad we don't have kids - yet - I can barely organise myself :rotfl:

Oh we could do those picture sessions, T. Todd and his ladies
princess: princess: :bride: princess: princess:

Whenever he has time - no rush. :goodvibes Just thought it'd be fun to share fave UK brews :drinking1

And I can tell you've caught up on this thread :lmao: :lmao:

cheers,

Ok, thanks - wasn't sure if it was your brothers b'day soon.

I tried very hard to catch up, I think I did quite well as I hadn't checked it most of Monday and at all yesterday.

I so wish I could see UP - I have to keep avoiding threads so I don't spoil it. Do you think the AMC at DTD will still be showing it late Sept? It doesn't come out here until Oct :scared1: :sad1: why do we always get the short end over here - the UK sucks (I need a tantrum smiley as I am stamping my feet in anger right now)

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Geek time....special event today....12:34:56 07/08/09....T Minus 3 hours and counting....

No that was about two and a half hours ago ;)

aGoofyMom
07-08-2009, 09:13 AM
Morning all! I had to squeeze in a mani/pedi before checking in on the compuer this morning. That would have been more fun if I wasn't doing it myself. My last day of vacation - :sad1:BUT my next week off will be spent at DLR so - not bad. Running errands and making up babysitter schedules today.
I know we will get in another bike ride today, but I am really getting tired of jeans and sweats for July.

Cool!

Oh - and Todd princess: I love a good cone hat and poofy dress too!!!! :goodvibes In fact, I know there is at least one pink cone hat in this house somewhere!

shellyminnie
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM

Care to share with us non-Geeks???

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 09:46 AM
Care to share with us non-Geeks???

At twelve thirty-four and fifty-six seconds, today, the eighth of July in the year two thousand and nine, it will be 12:34:56 07/08/09. (123456789) Only happens once every hundred years. It will be August seventh for our European friends.

Big year for numbers....square day on March 3rd.
Perfect cube on Sept. 9th.
Unix Day on Feb 13th.

Ahhhh the numbers.:goodvibes:goodvibes

shellyminnie
07-08-2009, 09:50 AM
At twelve thirty-four and fifty-six seconds, today, the eighth of July in the year two thousand and nine, it will be 12:34:56 07/08/09. (123456789) Only happens once every hundred years. It will be August seventh for our European friends.

Unix Day on Feb 13th.

Wow!!! That's pretty cool!! I got the 07/08/09 connection but didn't think about the time.

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 10:33 AM

Unix Day on Feb 13th.

It's 7th Aug unless it's in excel which automatically switches it for you :headache:

I wonder why you guys always say the month first?

I remember my junior school teacher got very excited at the end of 1990 and was trying to explain why 1991 was so special! Maybe he didn't expect to live until 2002 :rotfl: It's pretty cool to see 2 in one lifetime tho - doubt I'll make 2112 ;)

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 10:37 AM
It's 7th Aug unless it's in excel which automatically switches it for you :headache:

I wonder why you guys always say the month first?

I remember my junior school teacher got very excited at the end of 1990 and was trying to explain why 1991 was so special! Maybe he didn't expect to live until 2002 :rotfl: It's pretty cool to see 2 in one lifetime tho - doubt I'll make 2112 ;)

A woman that understands and appreciates palindromes...:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc if for some reason Gav is ever unable to fulfill his husbandly duties....I will swim the pond.....

MenashaCorp
07-08-2009, 10:42 AM
A woman that understands and appreciates palindromes...:lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc if for some reason Gav is ever unable to fulfill his husbandly duties....I will swim the pond.....

Madam, I'm Adam
Able was I , ere I saw Elba

ABBA!! :banana:

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Madam, I'm Adam
Able was I , ere I saw Elba

ABBA!! :banana:

Ummm....Ummmm......Ummmmm.....Susan.....

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 10:55 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know whether to show him this or not :confused3 :blush:

My fave name one is from the cartoon series on Disney Channel - The Emperors New Groove or whatever it's called - where Yzma becomes Principle Amzy :lmao: :lmao: cracks me up every time :rotfl:

MenashaCorp
07-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Ummm....Ummmm......Ummmmm.....Susan.....

Words AND numbers... This'll blow yer mind, Todd..

Never odd or even...;)

Madi100
07-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Good morning everyone! It's a wet dreary day here. Hopefully the rain goes away as my kids are at our local amusement park today (Adventureland in Des Moines).

Our inspection is today, and I'm going to mark stuff for my garage sale. Then, James and I are off for an adventure. We have no idea where we are going. We'll probably end up in Des Moines. Not very exciting.

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 11:05 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I don't know whether to show him this or not :confused3 :blush:

My fave name one is from the cartoon series on Disney Channel - The Emperors New Groove or whatever it's called - where Yzma becomes Principle Amzy :lmao: :lmao: cracks me up every time :rotfl:

Ironic because Yzma's song, "Snuff out the Light" is on DIS Radio right now.:goodvibes

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Words AND numbers... This'll blow yer mind, Todd..

Never odd or even...;)

Are you gunning for a position as a Gentleman in Waiting???:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

mainegal
07-08-2009, 11:56 AM
I would agree. A poofy dress for land. Just the headpiece for the ship.

Will you be providing headpieces princess: for all of your ladies in waiting?

jeanigor
07-08-2009, 12:05 PM
Will you be providing headpieces princess: for all of your ladies in waiting?

If the Royal Financier appropriates funding.....

mainegal
07-08-2009, 12:16 PM

Sounds good to me - here's hoping for a generous Royal Financier!

sshaw10060
07-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Of course there is a tornado warning as soon as I am ready to get out of the hospital and go to my office. I am currently trying to work with the laptop perched on my lap at the ICU counter. Not the most productive place, but at least it is dry.

Becx N Gav
07-08-2009, 04:10 PM
Ironic because Yzma's song, "Snuff out the Light" is on DIS Radio right now.:goodvibes

I am gifted :upsidedow

Sounds good to me - here's hoping for a generous Royal Financier!

As long as the Royal Financier is British you should have a nice big pot o' money ;) I read recently the Queens expenditure is up by about 20% and she may run out of her funds from the tax payer :scared1:

Alice2020
07-08-2009, 06:38 PM

Do I get a special dress for being a fellow pumper? If the royal fiancier approves, of course :rotfl:

-Kelly

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-08-2009, 11:19 PM
BUT my next week off will be spent at DLR so - not bad.

And I can't wait to see you! Kitchen Sink Birthday dinner at the PPH on Sunday night if you are there!!! Followed by Electrical Parade Meet!

And boy - you peeps can really talk. I'm so quiet compared to y'all..... :rolleyes1 Really.....

Becx N Gav
07-09-2009, 03:43 AM
Good morning, it's bright and sunny here - looks like a lovely day :goodvibes Just hope it lasts until the weekend :)

Have a good one

tlcoke
07-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Good Morning Becky! & Everyone. I hope you have a wonderful Thursday.

kymickeyfan717
07-09-2009, 05:33 AM
Morning all - I am soo ready to leave for my visit to the WDW this weekend. My co-workers are ready for me to leave as well :lmao:

Have a good day ....

mainegal
07-09-2009, 05:51 AM
Oh, my! What a glorious morning!!! The sun is shining, I see distinct shadows out there! :cool1:
I can't wait to get out in the day!!!
(can you tell we haven't gotten much sun lately.

And I am thrilled that I am downloading two Dis podcasts this morning.

Good morning and good travels to all. :goodvibes

cocowum
07-09-2009, 05:56 AM
Good morning all. :goodvibes Did I miss anything good in chat last night? I fell asleep. :rolleyes1

mainegal
07-09-2009, 06:01 AM
Chat people talked about food, made me hungry and made me eat Starburst candy!

Talk of DAP - bring the kids, not at a waterpark, not in a Disney park. Cost $25, free is booking with DU Travel. That's what I remember.

Launchpad11B
07-09-2009, 06:31 AM
Good morning all. :goodvibes Did I miss anything good in chat last night? I fell asleep. :rolleyes1

Hey beautiful, I'm on my way home. See you tonight! :love:

shellyminnie
07-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Morning!!

It's raining here AGAIN!! I heard on the news this morning that in June, July, and August, which is 92 days, we usually have an average of 80 days of rain. :scared1:

dpuck1998
07-09-2009, 08:03 AM
Morning!!

It's raining here AGAIN!! I heard on the news this morning that in June, July, and August, which is 92 days, we usually have an average of 80 days of rain. :scared1:

At least it only last an hour and goes away.

shellyminnie
07-09-2009, 08:07 AM
At least it only last an hour and goes away.

Most of the time. This storm coming through now looks like its going to be here a while!!

ADP
07-09-2009, 08:07 AM
Morning!!

Morning Shelly. :wave: Stay dry and get that rain out of there before I head down in a few weeks.

shellyminnie
07-09-2009, 08:09 AM
Morning Shelly. :wave: Stay dry and get that rain out of there before I head down in a few weeks.

I'll try but this summer has been a bad one with rain!! ;)

klam_chowder
07-09-2009, 08:53 AM
happy e-mail show day folks! :wave2:

Wow. doesn't ice cream make him feel better?

That's the :scared1: part - he NEVER refuses ice cream :rotfl2::rotfl2: However he had a Blizzard last nite so the universe is restored :lmao: :lmao:

And I am thrilled that I am downloading two Dis podcasts this morning.

:thumbsup2 ditto :thumbsup2

off to check my groundhog trap :tiptoe: those buggers are too smart :headache: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

cocowum
07-09-2009, 09:02 AM
Chat people talked about food, made me hungry and made me eat Starburst candy!

Talk of DAP - bring the kids, not at a waterpark, not in a Disney park. Cost $25, free is booking with DU Travel. That's what I remember.

thanks!:flower3:

aGoofyMom
07-09-2009, 11:23 AM
Morning all! ok afternoon. It's not been a bad day back at work. I get to spend my afternoon in a training course. :teacher:

And I can't wait to see you! Kitchen Sink Birthday dinner at the PPH on Sunday night if you are there!!! Followed by Electrical Parade Meet!

And boy - you peeps can really talk. I'm so quiet compared to y'all..... :rolleyes1 Really.....

I have to go home on Saturday, but maybe we can meet up while I am there. ::yes::

3guysandagal
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
off to check my groundhog trap :tiptoe: those buggers are too smart :headache: :rotfl: :rotfl:

cheers,

Here are some ideas Karen....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv87T1CQF8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5yCwN7wymc

georgemoe
07-09-2009, 02:35 PM

Hi John! I haven't had time to check those links but it has to be Red Green. :) That's my guess and I'm sticking too it. :rotfl2:

Becx N Gav
07-09-2009, 02:44 PM

As long as they aren't too close to the house :scared1:

katscradle
07-09-2009, 04:25 PM
Just thought I would post and say hi!
I don't know if we are leaving late tonight for the cottage or tomorrow.
So if you don't hear from me again, have a great weekend. :thumbsup2

A.Mickey
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
:

Too cute!!

Wasn't that just a great movie!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and stays dry!!:yay:

Renysmom
07-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Am I the first to say Good Morning and Happy Friday!!!!!

Hope its a great one for all... What is everyone up to? I need plans :)

tlcoke
07-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Good Morning Everyone.
I hope you have a Wonderful Friday and a good Weekend.

mainegal
07-10-2009, 05:41 AM
Good morning!
Hope you all have a good day. We are off to a sunny start here in Maine.

Tonight starts the ten day Maine International Film Festival. I hope to see close to thirty films. Fun, entertaining, interesting, thought provoking. And extremely exhausting!

kymickeyfan717
07-10-2009, 05:43 AM
Happy Friday all. Glad it's finally here. Now to just manage to make it thru the day :lmao:because tomorrow I leave for WDW. Can't wait...

:banana:

safetymom
07-10-2009, 06:18 AM
Good morning everyone. I am off to Chef Mickey's for breakfast.

tlcoke
07-10-2009, 06:23 AM

Kathy, Enjoy your breakfast and day at Disney.

Happy Friday all. Glad it's finally here. Now to just manage to make it thru the day :lmao:because tomorrow I leave for WDW. Can't wait...

:banana:

Kathy,
Hope your day goes fast and you have a Magical Time on your Trip. Enjoy!

georgemoe
07-10-2009, 06:24 AM

Make sure they put noodles in your scrambled eggs Kathy. :)

Good morning. :wave2:

ADP
07-10-2009, 06:27 AM
Good morning Everyone!

Up and at it making breakfast for Anna. Scrambled eggs today with toast. She's headed off to YMCA camp in a few minutes.

Happy Friday to all of you. Don't forget to tell those close to you that you love them and give them a hug.

Launchpad11B
07-10-2009, 06:43 AM
Good morning Everyone!

Up and at it making breakfast for Anna. Scrambled eggs today with toast. She's headed off to YMCA camp in a few minutes.

Happy Friday to all of you. Don't forget to tell those close to you that you love them and give them a hug.

Aww shucks Aaron, you big lug. You don't have to give me a hug. I know you love me! :goodvibes

kab407
07-10-2009, 06:44 AM

Enjoy Kathy!

Launchpad11B
07-10-2009, 06:45 AM

Have fun Kathy. Are they still doing construction on the grand concourse? :confused3