PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Podcast Cruise - Pricing/waitlist is now up

Pages : [1] 2

WebmasterJohn
05-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Gang

Here is the link to the 2010 podcast cruise pricing and waitlist submission page.

Your requests will be processed in the order they are received as soon as Tracy returns from vacation in a few weeks.

Please do not email me, Tracy or anyone else at Dreams Unlimited Travel about the status of your submission. As soon as Tracy returns you will get official quotes and will at that time be able to submit your deposit.

We have held a large number of staterooms on this cruise to lock in the best price so don't panic - you will get on this cruise if you so desire.

https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/cruise/podcast-cruise-pricing.cfm

One more thing - Disney Cruise Line is not booking category 12 staterooms for 2010 sailings. We have not been given a reason why by DCL, just that we know we cannot book these. Category 11 is the lowest stateroom category available.

WebmasterJohn
05-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Hey Gang

Here is the link to the 2010 podcast cruise pricing and waitlist submission page.

Your requests will be processed in the order they are received as soon as Tracy returns from vacation in a few weeks.

Please do not email me, Tracy or anyone else at Dreams Unlimited Travel about the status of your submission. As soon as Tracy returns you will get official quotes and will at that time be able to submit your deposit.

We have held a large number of staterooms on this cruise to lock in the best price so don't panic - you will get on this cruise if you so desire.

One more thing - Disney Cruise Line is not booking category 12 staterooms for 2010 sailings. We have not been given a reason why by DCL, just that we know we cannot book these. Category 11 is the lowest stateroom category available.

DisneyKevin
05-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I think this deserves to be stickied.

DisneyKevin
05-16-2009, 11:21 AM
I think this deserves to be stickied.

jen3003
05-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Okay, I officially did it. I put in a quote for the next podcast cruise for myself and my son. :yay:

Thanks John for putting this up!!!

jen3003
05-16-2009, 11:59 AM
Okay, I officially did it. I put in a quote for the next podcast cruise for myself and my son. :yay:

Thanks John for putting this up!!!

Annette_VA
05-16-2009, 12:11 PM
My request is in!! And I am NOT canceling this time!

Annette_VA

winotracy
Please note in the Special Requests along with your names and ages that it is for the Podcast Cruise. Thank you!!

winotracy
Please note in the Special Requests along with your names and ages that it is for the Podcast Cruise. Thank you!!

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi everybody! I've never cruised before. Does anyone know if there are two adults and a 3 years old child in stateroom, if I need to check the "2 people" or the "3 people" box, in the 2010 podcast cruise link?
Thank you very much to anyone that can help me :)

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:18 PM
Hi everybody! I've never cruised before. Does anyone know if there are two adults and a 3 years old child in stateroom, if I need to check the "2 people" or the "3 people" box, in the 2010 podcast cruise link?

winotracy
05-16-2009, 12:22 PM

You need to check 3 people. You are signing up for the total number in the stateroom, including yourself.

winotracy
05-16-2009, 12:22 PM

You need to check 3 people. You are signing up for the total number in the stateroom, including yourself.

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Hello everybody! I am new to the forum but love to read all your posts and love the podcast!!!!
I've never cruised before. Does anyone know if there are two adults and a 3 years old child in the stateroom, if I need to check the "2 people" or "3 people" box in the 2010 podcast cruise link?
Thank you for your help :)

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Hello everybody! I am new to the forum but love to read all your posts and love the podcast!!!!
I've never cruised before. Does anyone know if there are two adults and a 3 years old child in the stateroom, if I need to check the "2 people" or "3 people" box in the 2010 podcast cruise link?
Thank you for your help :)

NWOhioAngela
05-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Can anybody tell me what a "small deposit" is?

NWOhioAngela
05-16-2009, 12:28 PM

winotracy
05-16-2009, 12:29 PM

$100 per person.

Keep in mind when I send you the quote, you will have 3-5 days to make the deposit and are under no obligation to do so.

winotracy

$100 per person.

Keep in mind when I send you the quote, you will have 3-5 days to make the deposit and are under no obligation to do so.

NWOhioAngela
$100 per person.

Thanks Tracy. Now get off the boards and go rest!

NWOhioAngela
$100 per person.

Thanks Tracy. Now get off the boards and go rest!

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry for the double post!
I am new to posting and I was also having problems with typing on my iphone.
:blush:

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:34 PM
Sorry for the double post!
I am new to posting and I was also having problems with typing on my iphone.
:blush:

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Thank you Tracy! :)

Minnie Rose
05-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Thank you Tracy! :)

minie_meese
05-16-2009, 12:38 PM
We were not able to join the podcast cruise because my brother-in-law got married last Sunday - you all had a lot more fun than I did. Instead we decided to cruise in February and while there, received the $99 bounceback promotion which we are taking advantage of in December (I wanted to see the holiday decorations and didn't have a clue there would be a second podcast cruise in December of next year). If I can convince my family to do another cruise the following December should I get a quote now or would I be able to book on board in December and transfer my reservation to Dreams on Board? I know those on board last week could do that but was not sure if that was just a one time opportunity to book on board.

While I didn't have the pleasure of joining you last week I did enjoy the company of our non-cruisers on the non-cruise board.

minie_meese
05-16-2009, 12:38 PM
We were not able to join the podcast cruise because my brother-in-law got married last Sunday - you all had a lot more fun than I did. Instead we decided to cruise in February and while there, received the $99 bounceback promotion which we are taking advantage of in December (I wanted to see the holiday decorations and didn't have a clue there would be a second podcast cruise in December of next year). If I can convince my family to do another cruise the following December should I get a quote now or would I be able to book on board in December and transfer my reservation to Dreams on Board? I know those on board last week could do that but was not sure if that was just a one time opportunity to book on board.

While I didn't have the pleasure of joining you last week I did enjoy the company of our non-cruisers on the non-cruise board.

jen3003
05-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I didn't add in the special requests that its for the podcast cruise. How do I go about letting them know? Thanks!

jen3003
05-16-2009, 12:49 PM
I didn't add in the special requests that its for the podcast cruise. How do I go about letting them know? Thanks!

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah we are soooo going on this one. I have to check what category DH wants before I can send my request. :woohoo:

IWISHFORDISNEY
05-16-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah we are soooo going on this one. I have to check what category DH wants before I can send my request. :woohoo:

Annette_VA
05-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Ditto!

Annette_VA
05-16-2009, 01:02 PM

Ditto!

LuccaDrake
05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
We've never been on a cruise before so I have to ask of those with experience: verandah or no verandah? (I'm leaning towards yes on the verandah)

My thinking is that if the podcast cruise is packed with activites, will you really be spending that much time in your room?

LuccaDrake
05-16-2009, 01:03 PM
We've never been on a cruise before so I have to ask of those with experience: verandah or no verandah? (I'm leaning towards yes on the verandah)

My thinking is that if the podcast cruise is packed with activites, will you really be spending that much time in your room?

winotracy
05-16-2009, 01:09 PM

You should hold the date now and check pricing when you are onboard to see if it is better. We can go over that later.

That's ok, I caught it. You too Annette.

Not much time spent in the room. Depends if you want to sit outside in quiet or if you want to be out and about.

winotracy
05-16-2009, 01:09 PM

You should hold the date now and check pricing when you are onboard to see if it is better. We can go over that later.

Not much time spent in the room. Depends if you want to sit outside in quiet or if you want to be out and about.

WebmasterJohn
05-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Don't worry - we know.

It's all been automated and we know which ones are Podcast Cruises.

Tracy would still like new ones submitted to do note Podcast Cruise as a doublecheck for her. But if you submitted already don't worry about it.

John

WebmasterJohn
05-16-2009, 01:19 PM

Don't worry - we know.

It's all been automated and we know which ones are Podcast Cruises.

Tracy would still like new ones submitted to do note Podcast Cruise as a doublecheck for her. But if you submitted already don't worry about it.

John

Annette_VA
05-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks John & AskTracy!

Annette_VA
05-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks John & AskTracy!

MonkeyPants
05-16-2009, 01:24 PM
submitted....now I just have to tell my sister I signed her up for a cruise, I am sure it'll be real hard to convince her to come :rotfl:

MonkeyPants
05-16-2009, 01:24 PM
submitted....now I just have to tell my sister I signed her up for a cruise, I am sure it'll be real hard to convince her to come :rotfl:

jewjubean
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Gosh those prices are great...I have to wait a couple weeks before i book but im sure going!!!:D

jewjubean
05-16-2009, 01:33 PM
Gosh those prices are great...I have to wait a couple weeks before i book but im sure going!!!:D

momto2inKC
05-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Got my request sent in!!!:banana:

momto2inKC
05-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Got my request sent in!!!:banana:

sau418
05-16-2009, 01:51 PM
So excited, I talked DH into this yesterday at lunch, and then put my name on the list. He even wants to take the kids :)

sau418
05-16-2009, 01:51 PM
So excited, I talked DH into this yesterday at lunch, and then put my name on the list. He even wants to take the kids :)

PryncessChrysty
05-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for getting this together so quickly!

We signed up for 2 cat. 6's this morning! There will be 5 of us and we're all first time cruisers!

:cool1:

PryncessChrysty
05-16-2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks for getting this together so quickly!

We signed up for 2 cat. 6's this morning! There will be 5 of us and we're all first time cruisers!

:cool1:

bigmoonmullen
05-16-2009, 02:34 PM
We are ready... I just put our request in for Category 4:)

First Time Cruisers too:)

Louise & Mark

bigmoonmullen
05-16-2009, 02:34 PM
We are ready... I just put our request in for Category 4:)

First Time Cruisers too:)

Louise & Mark

jen3003
05-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Thank you John and Tracy!!! I can't wait till my son gets home from work (Cubs game) to tell him that we are going! :banana:

Now I just have to deal with my youngest daughter who is upset because I won't take her out of school.

jen3003
Thank you John and Tracy!!! I can't wait till my son gets home from work (Cubs game) to tell him that we are going! :banana:

Now I just have to deal with my youngest daughter who is upset because I won't take her out of school.

Madi100
We signed up on the cruise, and we have decided to leave the children at home :) I love them dearly, but think DH and I would really enjoy not having them present for the next cruise. Besides, I didn't go on my first cruise 'til I was 34. They aren't deprived children. I'm REALLY hoping that James can go, because I don't think I can cruise alone.

Madi100
We signed up on the cruise, and we have decided to leave the children at home :) I love them dearly, but think DH and I would really enjoy not having them present for the next cruise. Besides, I didn't go on my first cruise 'til I was 34. They aren't deprived children. I'm REALLY hoping that James can go, because I don't think I can cruise alone.

Annette_VA
05-16-2009, 02:42 PM

I just called my sister and asked if she would play mom for a week while DH went on the cruise. She's up for it. :cool1: Now I just need to make sure DH is!

Annette_VA
05-16-2009, 02:42 PM

I just called my sister and asked if she would play mom for a week while DH went on the cruise. She's up for it. :cool1: Now I just need to make sure DH is!

Madi100
05-16-2009, 02:45 PM

James LOVED the cruise (even having to wear pants). That is just a busy time for him. If we go, it will be there and back, no extra fun.

Madi100
05-16-2009, 02:45 PM

James LOVED the cruise (even having to wear pants). That is just a busy time for him. If we go, it will be there and back, no extra fun.

bigmoonmullen
05-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Couple questions for John & Tracy when time permits.

1) I checked YES for transfers.. I'm assuming that is from WDW to/from the DCL... Is that correct?

2) Do you plan on using "The Dolphin" are the base WDW resort again this time? Should we hear something about that in the next few months or so.

Thanks for getting the wait list up so soon.

Tracy... have a Great vacation.

Mark

bigmoonmullen
05-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Couple questions for John & Tracy when time permits.

1) I checked YES for transfers.. I'm assuming that is from WDW to/from the DCL... Is that correct?

2) Do you plan on using "The Dolphin" are the base WDW resort again this time? Should we hear something about that in the next few months or so.

Thanks for getting the wait list up so soon.

Tracy... have a Great vacation.

Mark

goofybeagle
05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
WooHoo:cool1: Just signed up.......now I just need to get my DS to sign up and it will be a definate!! :dance3:

goofybeagle
05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
WooHoo:cool1: Just signed up.......now I just need to get my DS to sign up and it will be a definate!! :dance3:

CinderellasSister
05-16-2009, 02:57 PM
count us in!!! WOO HOO!!!! :cool1:

First time cruisers here as well! Not telling the kids... this will be a surprise!

CinderellasSister
count us in!!! WOO HOO!!!! :cool1:

First time cruisers here as well! Not telling the kids... this will be a surprise!

Annette_VA
(even having to wear pants)

:rotfl:

Fingers crossed y'all can make it again!

Annette_VA
(even having to wear pants)

Fingers crossed y'all can make it again!

jen3003
05-16-2009, 02:59 PM
Just curious what has everyone been choosing for their dining time slot?

jen3003
05-16-2009, 02:59 PM

nmoore14
05-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Hello all,
This will be my first cruise and I hope this will lead to many more. I look forward to meeting fellow podcasters on this cruise. One question though, should I stay at WDW before or after the cruise? I wanted to see the parks decorated for Christmas, but I am not sure when it would be better to attend. Thanks for your answers, I know they will be very helpful.

:thumbsup2:confused3:woohoo:

nmoore14
05-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Hello all,
This will be my first cruise and I hope this will lead to many more. I look forward to meeting fellow podcasters on this cruise. One question though, should I stay at WDW before or after the cruise? I wanted to see the parks decorated for Christmas, but I am not sure when it would be better to attend. Thanks for your answers, I know they will be very helpful.

:thumbsup2:confused3:woohoo:

crazydisneyman
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Tracy,

We rebooked on the cruise.

I wanted to know how we select the dinner seating.

I also was thinking of adding a room to our reservation. How do we do this? Can we get the same rate that we got on the cruise?

Thanks for everything. :)

crazydisneyman
05-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Tracy,

I also was thinking of adding a room to our reservation. How do we do this? Can we get the same rate that we got on the cruise?

kimisabella
05-16-2009, 03:18 PM

Nicole - you guys are going to have such a great time alone. It was so nice to get up and out without having to get the kids up and ready as well. We rebooked for next year, but are bringing the kids this time. If James can't make it - I know he told dh and myself that it is a really busy time for him at the store, you can totally do it alone, you know so many people now that you would be fine.

kimisabella
05-16-2009, 03:18 PM

Nicole - you guys are going to have such a great time alone. It was so nice to get up and out without having to get the kids up and ready as well. We rebooked for next year, but are bringing the kids this time. If James can't make it - I know he told dh and myself that it is a really busy time for him at the store, you can totally do it alone, you know so many people now that you would be fine.

cdotla
05-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh wow! Yay! I'm gonna sign up now!!!:banana:

cdotla
05-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh wow! Yay! I'm gonna sign up now!!!:banana:

BeamsofLight
05-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Ack.. I shouldn't have looked at this thread before my husband got home. Trying to be patient now, but he's probably going to get jumped with questions when he walks through the door. :rotfl:

"Hi the-"
"THEYPUTUPTHEWAITLISTCANISIGNUSUPNOWPLEASE? *flail*"

BeamsofLight
05-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Ack.. I shouldn't have looked at this thread before my husband got home. Trying to be patient now, but he's probably going to get jumped with questions when he walks through the door. :rotfl:

"Hi the-"
"THEYPUTUPTHEWAITLISTCANISIGNUSUPNOWPLEASE? *flail*"

kimisabella
05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Tracy,

Did they give you the paper confirmation? Leslie (rebooking agent) gave me a confirmation invoice and on it shows all the cruise info, she just automatically put down the same late seating for next cruise.

kimisabella
05-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Tracy,

Did they give you the paper confirmation? Leslie (rebooking agent) gave me a confirmation invoice and on it shows all the cruise info, she just automatically put down the same late seating for next cruise.

Mike2023
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Signed up, cant wait. Now, WdW befor or after?

Mike2023
05-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Signed up, cant wait. Now, WdW befor or after?

DisneyKevin
05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok folks....

We posted this thread as a way to let folks start "talking amongst yourselves".

Tracy is on vacation and shouldnt be answering questions regarding the 2010 sailing.

She will be back in full force beginning June 1st.

To those looking for details about the next cruise...I will tell you the same exact thing I told folks back in January 2008.

It's too early to start planning anything with DCL. Details will be few and far between for months...even a year.

If you have specific questions regarding dining preferences, stateroom selection, preferred location etc....put a sticky note on your laptop as a reminder to ask Tracy AFTER June 1st.

She really is on vacation and is so dedicated that she will stop her fun to answer the questions asked here.

Let's give her the chance to relax. She's earned it.

And besides.....we have 19 months to make decisions.

Thanks,
Kevin

DisneyKevin
05-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Ok folks....

Tracy is on vacation and shouldnt be answering questions regarding the 2010 sailing.

To those looking for details about the next cruise...I will tell you the same exact thing I told folks back in January 2008.

It's too early to start planning anything with DCL. Details will be few and far between for months...even a year.

If you have specific questions regarding dining preferences, stateroom selection, preferred location etc....put a sticky note on your laptop as a reminder to ask Tracy AFTER June 1st.

She really is on vacation and is so dedicated that she will stop her fun to answer the questions asked here.

Thanks,
Kevin

winotracy
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok folks....

Thanks,
Kevin
Thanks Kevin, I promise to vacation now. :)

winotracy
05-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Ok folks....

Thanks,
Kevin

ADP
05-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Enjoy your vacation Tracy! You certainly deserve it. :)

ADP
05-16-2009, 04:11 PM
Enjoy your vacation Tracy! You certainly deserve it. :)

Renysmom
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
We are in!!!! Tracy you will see my quote request when you get back. You've booked so many things for us you should know our requests by heart now :lmao::lmao:

My third DCL cruise will officially be the podcast cruise :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Having it at Christmas made it such a easy decision......

Who else is in

Renysmom
05-16-2009, 04:20 PM
We are in!!!! Tracy you will see my quote request when you get back. You've booked so many things for us you should know our requests by heart now :lmao::lmao:

My third DCL cruise will officially be the podcast cruise :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Having it at Christmas made it such a easy decision......

Who else is in

BeamsofLight
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
My quote request is in! :yay: :yay: And I've already gotten 2 emails from Dreams in the last five minutes (auto-replies I assume but still, that's darn impressive! :lmao:).

Have a great vacation, Tracy!

BeamsofLight
05-16-2009, 04:35 PM
My quote request is in! :yay: :yay: And I've already gotten 2 emails from Dreams in the last five minutes (auto-replies I assume but still, that's darn impressive! :lmao:).

Have a great vacation, Tracy!

crazydisneyman
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry Tracy.

I am so excited about the next one I was still in Podcast Cruise One mode.

Enjoy your vacation!

crazydisneyman
05-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry Tracy.

I am so excited about the next one I was still in Podcast Cruise One mode.

Enjoy your vacation!

Joseph Carter
05-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I have requested!!! Im coming from England and its my first EVER Disney Cruise!!! First ever cruise thinking about it!

Joseph Carter
05-16-2009, 04:51 PM
I have requested!!! Im coming from England and its my first EVER Disney Cruise!!! First ever cruise thinking about it!

mla1977
05-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I've requested!!! I have a question, but I think I'll call the podcast and see if you guys can answer it on air.

mla1977
05-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I've requested!!! I have a question, but I think I'll call the podcast and see if you guys can answer it on air.

NancyIL
05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I made my request, and I hope that I will finally go on a Disney cruise at holiday time! I will be looking for a roommate, so I put "to be determined" for the 2nd passenger's name. Hope that's ok for now.

NancyIL
05-16-2009, 05:02 PM
I made my request, and I hope that I will finally go on a Disney cruise at holiday time! I will be looking for a roommate, so I put "to be determined" for the 2nd passenger's name. Hope that's ok for now.

jen3003
05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Enjoy your vacation Tracy! We can wait until June. :)

Sorry Kevin we are all just a bit excited, especially us first-timers!

jen3003
05-16-2009, 05:09 PM
Enjoy your vacation Tracy! We can wait until June. :)

Sorry Kevin we are all just a bit excited, especially us first-timers!

mikelan6
05-16-2009, 05:45 PM
OK ... I placed my request for a cabin. Now to find a roommate.

mikelan6
05-16-2009, 05:45 PM
OK ... I placed my request for a cabin. Now to find a roommate.

NancyIL
05-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I can wait until June to get more info, because I'll be vacationing May 20-31. :yay:

NancyIL
05-16-2009, 05:46 PM
I can wait until June to get more info, because I'll be vacationing May 20-31. :yay:

Mickeyflower
05-16-2009, 06:45 PM
:banana: :dance3: Just put my request in. Hopefully my boss will give me the time off! :rotfl: Nuttin some major bribing, er uhm begging wont cure! I wonder what will happen if I cant find a 2nd? Oh well time enough to worry about that later Thank you Podcast Crew for making us all forget how to use that P word and turning us all into a bunch of hyper active kids loaded up on sugar the night before christmas! WE LOVE IT!!

Mickeyflower
05-16-2009, 06:45 PM
:banana: :dance3: Just put my request in. Hopefully my boss will give me the time off! :rotfl: Nuttin some major bribing, er uhm begging wont cure! I wonder what will happen if I cant find a 2nd? Oh well time enough to worry about that later Thank you Podcast Crew for making us all forget how to use that P word and turning us all into a bunch of hyper active kids loaded up on sugar the night before christmas! WE LOVE IT!!

dixiegirl
05-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Just put my quote request in - totally excited!! This will be DH and my first ever cruise. Can't wait to meet everyone from the podcast crew and the boards.

So, who else is coming???? :dance3:

dixiegirl
05-16-2009, 07:24 PM
Just put my quote request in - totally excited!! This will be DH and my first ever cruise. Can't wait to meet everyone from the podcast crew and the boards.

So, who else is coming???? :dance3:

MenashaCorp
05-16-2009, 08:12 PM

YOU'RE

SUPPOSED
$100 per person.

TO BE

ON VACATION!!!!

PLEASE DO!!!!:worship::worship::hug:

MenashaCorp
05-16-2009, 08:12 PM

YOU'RE

SUPPOSED
$100 per person.

TO BE

ON VACATION!!!!

PLEASE DO!!!!:worship::worship::hug:

YellowMickeyPonchos
05-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Ian, the girls, and I are excited to be going! This is our first cruise on DCL (and Ian's first one ever). Can't wait to meet all of you!

I've even convinced my brother and his wife to come also. That's the only way I'll ever get them to WDW! At least I know they'll be buying a Cat 4 or 5!

So where is the best place on the ship for our cabin to be if I get seasick (I'm bringing drugs for it)? Exterior cabin or not?

YellowMickeyPonchos
05-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Ian, the girls, and I are excited to be going! This is our first cruise on DCL (and Ian's first one ever). Can't wait to meet all of you!

I've even convinced my brother and his wife to come also. That's the only way I'll ever get them to WDW! At least I know they'll be buying a Cat 4 or 5!

So where is the best place on the ship for our cabin to be if I get seasick (I'm bringing drugs for it)? Exterior cabin or not?

robind
05-16-2009, 08:40 PM

I requested late, it's around 8:15. Most of the disers on the last cruise were on late seating.

Thankfully, I don't get seasick, but from what I've been told, you want lower levels and midship (less movement), not sure if it matters if you are inside or outside.

robind
05-16-2009, 08:40 PM

I requested late, it's around 8:15. Most of the disers on the last cruise were on late seating.

Thankfully, I don't get seasick, but from what I've been told, you want lower levels and midship (less movement), not sure if it matters if you are inside or outside.

georgemoe
05-16-2009, 08:58 PM

The podcast cruise was our first ever cruise and we had a cat 9 midship. 2566 on deck 2. Deluxe outside porthole. We couldn't have been happier. Great location, no noise to speak of (while we were in the room). DW was worried beforehand but while we did feel movement here and there, especially Wednesday night at sea, we were nowhere close to feeling ill or nauseated.

Next cruise we are on deck 6 with a verandah. :woohoo:

georgemoe
05-16-2009, 08:58 PM

The podcast cruise was our first ever cruise and we had a cat 9 midship. 2566 on deck 2. Deluxe outside porthole. We couldn't have been happier. Great location, no noise to speak of (while we were in the room). DW was worried beforehand but while we did feel movement here and there, especially Wednesday night at sea, we were nowhere close to feeling ill or nauseated.

Disneybridein2k3
05-16-2009, 09:29 PM

So glad you are going to be coming Nancy!! Although I know we'll have met before the podcast cruise, it'll be nice to see you during the cruise.
When I read your question about the stateroom, I glossed over "for our cabin" and thought you were just asking where you should be if you were going to be seasick - I was thinking, somewhere near a bathroom? :laughing: Next time, I will read each and every word.

Disneybridein2k3
05-16-2009, 09:29 PM

So glad you are going to be coming Nancy!! Although I know we'll have met before the podcast cruise, it'll be nice to see you during the cruise.
When I read your question about the stateroom, I glossed over "for our cabin" and thought you were just asking where you should be if you were going to be seasick - I was thinking, somewhere near a bathroom? :laughing: Next time, I will read each and every word.

firsttimemom
05-16-2009, 09:37 PM

We have 2 kids so the extra space on the balcony has really come in handy. It's a nice spot to have a glass of wine before dinner or watch the sunset. The problem with a verandah is that once you have it, it's hard to cruise without it. I rebooked for podcast cruise #2 for just DH and I and can't give it up...

firsttimemom
05-16-2009, 09:37 PM

firsttimemom
05-16-2009, 09:43 PM

WOO HOO! Deck 6 will retain it's reputation at the party deck. We were mid ship/deck 6 last week and I was VERY nauseous on wed night. Had to break out the bonine. Could have been the purple cocktail I had at the party, though.

firsttimemom
05-16-2009, 09:43 PM

firsttimemom
05-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Tracy,

Chris- Did the onboard agent gave you a slip of paper (about half-sheet size) that says DCL Friends and Family Certificate? We got one with a code that offered the same onboard credit if a friend booked within 30 days on the same cruise. You can do through a travel agent so I'd guess you would include this info with the booking request to DU. Unfortunately, they don't get the 10% off that you received onboard.

Hope this helps!

firsttimemom
05-16-2009, 09:50 PM
Tracy,

Chris- Did the onboard agent gave you a slip of paper (about half-sheet size) that says DCL Friends and Family Certificate? We got one with a code that offered the same onboard credit if a friend booked within 30 days on the same cruise. You can do through a travel agent so I'd guess you would include this info with the booking request to DU. Unfortunately, they don't get the 10% off that you received onboard.

Hope this helps!

SWB
05-16-2009, 10:38 PM

Just signed up - 8:30

SWB
05-16-2009, 10:38 PM

Just signed up - 8:30

Brumeiser
05-17-2009, 05:53 AM
I did not indicate Podcast cruise on my reservation, you will still know correct? If not whom should I let k now that it is for the podcast? Thanks

Brumeiser
05-17-2009, 05:53 AM
I did not indicate Podcast cruise on my reservation, you will still know correct? If not whom should I let k now that it is for the podcast? Thanks

bigmoonmullen
05-17-2009, 05:56 AM
Ok folks....

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin:

You're right... I know I'm just a tad... Ok... maybe more... excited about our first cruise. With that inexperience come lots of questions. I have to realize we have almost 19 months for the fun to begin and that means there’s lots of time for questions to be answered. So, whoa doggy!!!

Kevin… thanks for the subtle reminder.... however, that does not mean that I'm less excited.

Mark

bigmoonmullen
05-17-2009, 05:56 AM
Ok folks....

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi Kevin:

You're right... I know I'm just a tad... Ok... maybe more... excited about our first cruise. With that inexperience come lots of questions. I have to realize we have almost 19 months for the fun to begin and that means there’s lots of time for questions to be answered. So, whoa doggy!!!

Kevin… thanks for the subtle reminder.... however, that does not mean that I'm less excited.

Mark

Renysmom
05-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Hi Kevin:

I have to realize we have almost 19 months for the fun to begin and that means there’s lots of time for questions to be answered. So, whoa doggy!!!

Mark

Mark - If they are general cruise questions you may want to start reading over the cruise board, I don't think there is a question possible that hasn't been asked over there, this should help your excitement level until Tracy returns and then you can ask her podcast cruise specific questions.

I feel your excitement too and this will be my 3rd DCL cruise

Renysmom
05-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Hi Kevin:

I have to realize we have almost 19 months for the fun to begin and that means there’s lots of time for questions to be answered. So, whoa doggy!!!

Mark

Mark - If they are general cruise questions you may want to start reading over the cruise board, I don't think there is a question possible that hasn't been asked over there, this should help your excitement level until Tracy returns and then you can ask her podcast cruise specific questions.

bigmoonmullen
05-17-2009, 06:53 AM

Hi Kelly:

Thanks for your advice... Over the next few weeks I'll head over to the Cruise Board and do some reading during lunchtime at work. A lot of the questions are general... heck a lot of the stuff I can't worry about still next year anyway... like extra resort nights or even book our airline flights. You just get caught up in the excitement of the moment...

Take care,

Mark

bigmoonmullen
05-17-2009, 06:53 AM

Hi Kelly:

Thanks for your advice... Over the next few weeks I'll head over to the Cruise Board and do some reading during lunchtime at work. A lot of the questions are general... heck a lot of the stuff I can't worry about still next year anyway... like extra resort nights or even book our airline flights. You just get caught up in the excitement of the moment...

Take care,

Mark

NancyIL
05-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi Kelly:

Take care,

Mark

The DIS boards are great for answering questions. However, if you want a lot of info all in one place, I would buy PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call by Dave and Jennifer Marx.

NancyIL
05-17-2009, 07:29 AM
Hi Kelly:

Take care,

Mark

The DIS boards are great for answering questions. However, if you want a lot of info all in one place, I would buy PassPorter's Field Guide to the Disney Cruise Line and Its Ports of Call by Dave and Jennifer Marx.

bannermouse
05-17-2009, 08:34 AM
Just put in my request! My cousin and I were planning to go to WDW in December 2010. Now we'll just add the Podcast Cruise II and cut a few days off of our WDW trip!!!!!

Bannermouse

dvcfamily41801
05-17-2009, 08:55 AM
Sure hope that we are able to make this cruise. This would be our first cruise and what a better one to start off with!!! :goodvibes

jen3003
05-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Hi Kevin:

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm feeling the same as you. This will be our first cruise as well. As of right now it will be my son coming with me but I'm trying to convince my husband he should go instead since it seems like there are a lot of couples.
Either way it will be an awesome time and I'm already thinking of so many questions.
Just think at least we have 19 months to prepare. :)

mainegal
05-17-2009, 10:57 AM
For cruise preparation - even though it is more than a year and a half away!!!

Listen to podcasts from 3/18/3009 and 3/25/2009 - "John Magi and Kevin Klose discuss a Disney Cruise Line primer for first timers"

momto2inKC
05-17-2009, 11:11 AM
I'm already 2nd guessing my category request :lmao: Why oh why does Disney vacationing turn me into such an indecisive person?? lol I'm now thinking that a verandah would be nice ::sigh:: I also forgot to pick late dining, I remember seeing the spot to choose and by default it was main. I know that won't be a big deal though.

momto2inKC
05-17-2009, 11:12 AM

For cruise preparation - even though it is more than a year and a half away!!!

Listen to podcasts from 3/18/3009 and 3/25/2009 - "John Magi and Kevin Klose discuss a Disney Cruise Line primer for first timers"

I just wanted to say that I completely agree with both of these recommendations!

disneymom8589
05-17-2009, 11:34 AM
My DH (ScubaD) and I REALLY want to go on Podcast Cruise 2.0. I am a teacher, and that's where my dilemma comes in!

We are given 3 personal leave days a year (one where the sub is covered and 2 where we pay the sub difference). We are also able to bank a day from the previous year if we didn't use it, for a total of 4 days. This would work out great for the cruise, but I need all 4 days for the 2009-2010 school year and won't have an extra to bank for the 2010-2011 school year. DH and I are doing the marathon weekend in WDW next January and I'm using 2 personal leave days. Then our DS is getting married next May in Oregon :goodvibes, so will be using the other 2 days for the wedding. My only hope right now is that maybe DS will get married in the summer, so I won't need to use those 2 days, although they seem pretty set on wanting a May wedding.

Hopefully something will work, but if not, there's always Podcast Cruise 3.0 ;)

YellowMickeyPonchos
05-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Sumitted! We're official!

Renysmom
05-17-2009, 01:57 PM
Yea Nancy!!!!!!!!

SamSam
05-17-2009, 10:45 PM
Oh, my! I'm very excited!! I sent my dh an e-mail with the cruise info (didn't think there was anyway he would want to do it), he said this afternoon that he is open to doing the cruise! :banana:

He has met the Podcast Crew and really likes the whole Disboard thing (through me), but the only cruise we ever went on (many, many years ago), he was not impressed and never wanted to cruise again.

When he said he was open, I was thrilled. Now, I just have to work our business commitments, around the cruise dates. That's tough, because Nov.-Dec. is our busiest time, but I'm sure going to try to make this work.

miss missy
05-18-2009, 04:09 AM
is it me? the site? or what lol, every post is doubled, there are two of every post! Making me nuts! And no I haven't been :drinking1 but it makes me want too!

I have LOTS of ?'s, but am trying to read my way through the info on the site.

Renysmom
05-18-2009, 05:09 AM
is it me? the site? or what lol, every post is doubled, there are two of every post! Making me nuts! And no I haven't been :drinking1 but it makes me want too!

I don't see two of everything..Hmmmm you sure about the :drinking1 LOL

NWOhioAngela
05-18-2009, 05:13 AM
Isn't it a little soon to be practicing for the martini tasting? :goodvibes

dkostel
05-18-2009, 08:41 AM
Since this is so far away, it is very possible that the people going will change. Can you change the parties in the cabin without losing your reservation? I was lead to believe that this is the case, the last time I cruised with DCL.

SamSam
05-18-2009, 08:48 AM

:rotfl:It was that way last night on my computer too, but this morning everything is back to normal.

PDJPrinceCharming
05-18-2009, 09:41 AM
It sounds like everyone had a great time on the last Podcast Cruise & i've decided to try to attend the one next year. One question though, I am a single cruiser & only saw pricing based upon 2 people, I was wondering if it would be any cheaper or more expensive by myself. TIA!

Disney Khi
05-18-2009, 10:07 AM

No, it's not just you! :rotfl: The first part of this thread is like that for me, too, so I had to quit reading the beginning and just skip to the end.

WebmasterJohn
05-18-2009, 10:36 AM
Answers to some recent questions....

- Yes, some posts are doubled. We tried merging the threads when Pete made the new sub-forum and something happened to cause double posts. We are working on correcting it but all future posts should be OK.

- You can book now and change your party later. Just be aware that if you add/change people it could be at a higher price. Remember you are only locking in the price of the folks you actually pay a deposit on. Since this is an 'off season' cruise the price should stay the same for a while - just be aware you are taking a risk if you don't book/deposit everyone initially.

- Single cruisers pay what is called the single suplement cost - about 175% of the cost of one person in a double occupacy room. You will need to submit a request for pricing through the form we put up and note you are a single traveler - Tracy will get you a price when she gets home.

There is a thread on this sub-forum for folks looking to share a room. You might want to look there for a roommate to help offset the cost.

hideeh
05-18-2009, 10:41 AM
I didn't read Tracey's request to note in the notes that the quote request was for the Podcast Cruise.....does that already disqualify me from all the fun?? :scared:

Sorry to be a pain....

Heidi

DisneyKevin
05-18-2009, 10:42 AM
is it me? the site? or what lol, every post is doubled, there are two of every post!

What started as one thread was doubled when this sub-forum opened. I tried to merge the threads so that no posts were lost and that doubled a bunch of them. Apparanetly, this is a skill I do not yet possess. :rotfl: Sorry!

Since this is so far away, it is very possible that the people going will change. Can you change the parties in the cabin without losing your reservation?

You can change the people in the stateroom but not the laed name on the reservation. If the lead name needs to change, you need to cancel and start over.

I am a single cruiser & only saw pricing based upon 2 people, I was wondering if it would be any cheaper or more expensive by myself. TIA!

DCL lists all of their pricing based on double occupancy. Single travelers pay 175% of the price in order to have a stateroom to themselves. Most guests find it less expensive to bring another guests or to share a stateroom. There is already a thread for folks looking to find a room mate on the cruise.

DisneyKevin
05-18-2009, 10:45 AM

- Yes, some posts are doubled. We tried merging the threads when Pete made the new sub-forum and something happened to cause double posts. We are working on correcting it but all future posts should be OK.

- You can book now and change your party later. Just be aware that if you add/change people it could be at a higher price. Remember you are only locking in the price of the folks you actually pay a deposit on. Since this is an 'off season' cruise the price should stay the same for a while - just be aware you are taking a risk if you don't book/deposit everyone initially.

- Single cruisers pay what is called the single suplement cost - about 175% of the cost of one person in a double occupacy room. You will need to submit a request for pricing through the form we put up and note you are a single traveler - Tracy will get you a price when she gets home.

There is a thread on this sub-forum for folks looking to share a room. You might want to look there for a roommate to help offset the cost.

Are we scary or what.

I had no idea he was posting the exact same information.

Well...there you have it. Two identical answers. It MUST be true...huh?

DisneyKevin
05-18-2009, 10:47 AM
I didn't read Tracey's request to note in the notes that the quote request was for the Podcast Cruise.....does that already disqualify me from all the fun?? :scared:

Sorry to be a pain....

Heidi

We have you covered Heidi.

Your request just came through and it is marked Podcast Cruise.

Requesting that specific date already tags it as a Podcast Cruise request.

Kevin

Mouse Skywalker
05-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Are we scary or what.

Well...there you have it. Two identical answers. It MUST be true...huh?You two talk right? Do you work in the same room? :lmao:

DisneyKevin
05-18-2009, 10:51 AM
You two talk right? Do you work in the same room? :lmao:

There is a whole ten foot space between us.....and we still email.:lmao:

hideeh
05-18-2009, 11:04 AM
We have you covered Heidi.

Your request just came through and it is marked Podcast Cruise.

Requesting that specific date already tags it as a Podcast Cruise request.

Kevin

Thank you...I would hate to be disqualified so early....I mean I'm sure I'll have many more infractions betwenn now and then! ;) Some might even be worse!

H

BriarRosie
05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh, my! I'm very excited!! I sent my dh an e-mail with the cruise info (didn't think there was anyway he would want to do it), he said this afternoon that he is open to doing the cruise! :banana:

He has met the Podcast Crew and really likes the whole Disboard thing (through me), but the only cruise we ever went on (many, many years ago), he was not impressed and never wanted to cruise again.

When he said he was open, I was thrilled. Now, I just have to work our business commitments, around the cruise dates. That's tough, because Nov.-Dec. is our busiest time, but I'm sure going to try to make this work.

Woohoo! I did confirm with my boss today that I can take my vacation at that time, which was my biggest concern. Now I know who I'd want to have meals with. :banana:

At the very least, I'm putting in a quote...as soon as I get home and find my Castaway Club number I have tucked away in a drawer. LOL!

yitbos96bb
05-18-2009, 06:55 PM

What about under two years old?

GreenMonster12
05-18-2009, 07:19 PM
We just put our request in!

winotracy
05-18-2009, 07:35 PM
What about under two years old?

Every single person in the room counts, regardless of age.

GreenMonster12
05-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Ooops. I didn't put our ages or note that the request is for the podcast cruise? Should I resubmit?

winotracy
05-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Ooops. I didn't put our ages or note that the request is for the podcast cruise? Should I resubmit?

No. If you are all adults it doesn't matter. If you have kids in your group, email me their names and ages and I'll update the request.

No one needs to email me if you didn't indicate it is for the podcast cruise. Now that the form is up, it is putting a notification on there for me. It was just before the form was up that it wasn't and I just needed to make sure I could wait until I returned from vacation.

miss missy
05-18-2009, 08:21 PM
No. If you are all adults it doesn't matter. If you have kids in your group, email me their names and ages and I'll update the request.

No one needs to email me if you didn't indicate it is for the podcast cruise. Now that the form is up, it is putting a notification on there for me. It was just before the form was up that it wasn't and I just needed to make sure I could wait until I returned from vacation.

Any more posts from you and I will tell Pete!! GO ON VACATION and get relaxing girl!!

GreenMonster12
05-18-2009, 08:39 PM
Thanks for getting back to me! Enjoy your vacation! ! ! ! Looking forward to the Podcast cruise :)

yitbos96bb
05-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Woohoo! I did confirm with my boss today that I can take my vacation at that time, which was my biggest concern. Now I know who I'd want to have meals with. :banana:

At the very least, I'm putting in a quote...as soon as I get home and find my Castaway Club number I have tucked away in a drawer. LOL!

Wow, I can't believe your boss would say yes or no this far out. If I asked mine for 18 months in the future they'd tell me check back in a year.

Willow1213
05-18-2009, 10:49 PM
Ok, I have a question for everyone. I was going to go ahead and submit my request forms, but at this point I'm not 100% on our stateroom category choice. Is this something that can be changed as we get closer (space allowing)? I am thinking that so far in the future I don't know what finances will look like. Should I book lower category and upgrade if I have the money or book what I really want and downgrade if necessary. :confused3 I've never cruised before, so this will be a first for us, and very possibly our honeymoon! Thanks!

miss missy
05-18-2009, 11:30 PM
I don't see two of everything..Hmmmm you sure about the :drinking1 LOL

The first pages ARE double posts!! I swear I swear! You guys can not mess with me, I did not drink I did not :upsidedow

miss missy
05-18-2009, 11:35 PM

Thanks for proving I am not a lush :rotfl2:

miss missy
05-18-2009, 11:38 PM
Are we scary or what.

Well...there you have it. Two identical answers. It MUST be true...huh?

OK this freaks me a bit- you two think way too much alike... whick means

TWO KEVINS TWO JOHNS :scared1:

:rotfl2:

miss missy
05-18-2009, 11:52 PM
I am in :cool1::woohoo: I set up an email folder for pocast cruise 2010, I added Tracy to my contacts... so ready to start learning how to do this cruise thing :rotfl: isn't ALL about :drinking1 is it?

BriarRosie
05-19-2009, 01:04 AM
Wow, I can't believe your boss would say yes or no this far out. If I asked mine for 18 months in the future they'd tell me check back in a year.

Well, my boss typically takes Christmas week off, and it's year end for me, trying to get all the loose ends tied up. Since I managed last December, and she's said ok to some time off this December, I didn't think I would push my luck that she'd be ok for next December.

Due to downsizing, my boss and I cover for each other for the essential crucial stuff the other person does when either of us is sick or on vacation. We have no other backup people. Since this is WAY far off into the future, I did preface my request with: "I know this will seem premature, but I really need to know if it's ok in order to lock in an opportunity."

I did find my Castaway Club card, and I sent in my request to the woman who doesn't know the meaning of the word "vacation". :laughing:

jeanigor
05-19-2009, 06:47 AM
Ok, I have a question for everyone. I was going to go ahead and submit my request forms, but at this point I'm not 100% on our stateroom category choice. Is this something that can be changed as we get closer (space allowing)? I am thinking that so far in the future I don't know what finances will look like. Should I book lower category and upgrade if I have the money or book what I really want and downgrade if necessary. :confused3 I've never cruised before, so this will be a first for us, and very possibly our honeymoon! Thanks!

Due to a boatload of circumstances, I had to change my stateroom category a number of times. All of mine were completed prior to final payment.

bettyann29
05-20-2009, 03:24 AM
putting my request in.. I was to go on the first podcast cruise but DD had back surgery so I had to cancel.. Luckily I did cancel as my grandmother just passed away right before the cruise so I would not have been able to go..

I will definitely be there next year.. and will also add a few days prior to the cruise to go to WDW and see the christmas decorations.. :yay:

k5jmh
05-20-2009, 06:11 AM
Oh boy, it looks like Tracy will be helping us with a Vow renewal on PCC 2.0. So cruisers, we will have another party to go to. This will be a great cruise!!

DVCsince02
05-20-2009, 06:59 AM
Oh boy, it looks like Tracy will be helping us with a Vow renewal on PCC 2.0. So cruisers, we will have another party to go to. This will be a great cruise!!

Ooo, ooo, can I be the guest who wears the big hat?:upsidedow

kab407
05-20-2009, 07:03 AM

Ooo, ooo, can I be the guest who wears the big hat?:upsidedow

I'll be the one the sobs uncontrollably during the cermony.

MomlvsGoofy
05-22-2009, 06:21 PM
I'll be the one the sobs uncontrollably during the cermony.

I'll bring the kleenex...

yitbos96bb
05-23-2009, 12:20 AM

Congrats! How many years have you been married?

Rob_b
05-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Hello Everyone -

We are now on the wait list!!

Had to cancel this years podcast cruise due to the arrival of Sydney on March 15th.

Sydney's Future Cruise Schedule has been set:

1st - Jan 2010: 4 night cruise with family on Wonder
2nd - Dec 2010: 4 night Podcast cruise on Wonder
3rd - Dec 2011: 7 night Podcast cruise on Disney 'Dream' (HINT! HINT!)

MomlvsGoofy
05-28-2009, 10:16 PM
I need help with what to do... I signed up for the waitlist and now I have to make changes. This is our first cruise so I didn't really know much about the rooms but after alot of research I want to change the catagories that we picked. Can I still do that? Do I wait to hear from Tracey then make the changes? please help!

jeanigor
05-29-2009, 06:42 AM
I need help with what to do... I signed up for the waitlist and now I have to make changes. This is our first cruise so I didn't really know much about the rooms but after alot of research I want to change the catagories that we picked. Can I still do that? Do I wait to hear from Tracey then make the changes? please help!

Not to speak for her whilst she is out of the country, but she will send you a quote. You can place a deposit on that quote or ask her to revise it to suit your new needs.

briandancer
05-29-2009, 12:12 PM
After hearing about the inaugural cruise, and listening to the podcase, I absolutely will be going on the next one. First time cruisers, too. Very excited to see the ship and meet the team!!

winotracy
05-30-2009, 12:43 PM

Not to speak for her whilst she is out of the country, but she will send you a quote. You can place a deposit on that quote or ask her to revise it to suit your new needs.

I am flying home today. We are currently delayed at the Orlando airport and will miss our connection, but they are working at getting us fixed and home today. Please email me what your changes are if you know for sure you want me to switch categories for you and I'll send you a quote with the new category. If I don't hear from you before I send the quote, we can easily change it afterwards.

Thanks Todd for looking out for me :)

Thank you.

MomlvsGoofy
05-30-2009, 01:05 PM
Does anyone know that email address for Tracy so i can send the changes.
Sharon

winotracy
05-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know that email address for Tracy so i can send the changes.
Sharon

Tracy@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Disneybridein2k3
05-30-2009, 02:38 PM
Congrats! How many years have you been married?
Sorry to speak on behalf of Mike, but they were just engaged on PCC 1.0. Mike proposed on Castaway Cay :cloud9:

Thanks Todd for looking out for me :)

Thank you.
Todd is just trying to stay off "the list". He's such a suck up.:p

MomlvsGoofy
05-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks Tracy I sent you an email.
Sharon

jeanigor
05-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Todd is just trying to stay off "the list". He's such a suck up.:p

Nu-huh. No way. Nope. See the tag? Finally on a list. Gonna keep it that way.:goodvibes

Disneybridein2k3
05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
Nu-huh. No way. Nope. See the tag? Finally on a list. Gonna keep it that way.:goodvibes
I know which list. She told me.

anonymousegirl
06-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already on one of the previous posts, but does anyone know if someone can do the PCC 2.0 as a solo/single?

I love Disney and the Dis, but DH will never come with me for this (I can barely get him to WDW once a year and even then he mostly golfs)

I know there is a roommate search/thread already on the go, but could I book a cabin for myself and if so, does anyone have any idea about the single supplement cost?

cocowum
06-03-2009, 05:49 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already on one of the previous posts, but does anyone know if someone can do the PCC 2.0 as a solo/single?

I love Disney and the Dis, but DH will never come with me for this (I can barely get him to WDW once a year and even then he mostly golfs)

I know there is a roommate search/thread already on the go, but could I book a cabin for myself and if so, does anyone have any idea about the single supplement cost?

You can definitely go as a single! :banana::banana::banana: Here's a link to the roommate thread Linky (http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178292) :thumbsup2

I hope you can join us! It's going to be AMAZING!!!! :cheer2:

winotracy
06-03-2009, 05:53 AM

The single supplement cost is 75% of the cruise fare. The best way to find out is to submit a request and I'll send you a no-obligation quote with the price for a single.

wdwfreeksince88
06-30-2009, 07:04 AM
We are planning on doing the cruise and I heard on last weeks show that there is only 4 more weeks to book to get the group space rate. When is the cutoff date?

winotracy
06-30-2009, 07:14 AM
We are planning on doing the cruise and I heard on last weeks show that there is only 4 more weeks to book to get the group space rate. When is the cutoff date?

It's difficult to set an exact date. It will likely be around August 1, but could be sooner if we run out of space.

WebmasterJohn
06-30-2009, 09:06 AM
Tracy also tells me certain categories of staterooms are starting to sell out so if you have a specific stateroom or category stateroom you want you need to act fast or they may be gone.

Specifically there are only a couple of the categroy 7 navigator verandah rooms left. These only sleep 3 people and don't have a full verandah but they are an economical way to get a verandah stateroom.

The same goes for category 6 staterooms - these are selling fast. The category 5 and 6 are basically the same room (except for location on the ship) but cat 6 staterooms are cheaper than cat 5 staterooms. So if you want a cat 6 to save money act fast!!!

One last thing she mentioned was that connecting staterooms are starting to become harder to find in each category. If you are large party and want more space connecting staterooms can be the best way to go - but they may be sold if you wait.

Only a small deposit now can hold your stateroom and lock in your rate.

If you're even thinking about going on this cruise I advise you book as soon as possible so you get exactly what you want.

We will remind you when the final payment is due far enough in advance that you have enough time to cancel and get your deposit back if you need to.

SamIAm21
06-30-2009, 04:36 PM
John,

On the last podcast when you said group pricing was about to expire, I lit a fire under my butt and got my reservations made! I can't believe PCC 2.0 is 500+ already.

anonymousegirl
07-06-2009, 02:45 PM
I just sent my request in, FINALLY! Fingers crossed there is a Cat 7 left. Serves me right for waiting so long.

winotracy
07-06-2009, 03:13 PM
I just sent my request in, FINALLY! Fingers crossed there is a Cat 7 left. Serves me right for waiting so long.

There are a few category 7 staterooms left. Even one on deck 7 (someone upgraded).

jeanigor
07-06-2009, 03:17 PM
There are a few category 7 staterooms left. Even one on deck 7 (someone upgraded).

And there she is.....:applause: :applause: :applause:

guynwdm
07-08-2009, 09:48 AM

I did PCC1.0 solo and it was a blast. There were so many great people I met I found I was not really in the cabin all that much. My first Disney cruise was solo as well and met some great people on that trip that I am still in contact with. Hope you can work it out to join

Anjiebaby
07-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Yeee Haaaw :banana: and kind of Yikes! :eek: at the same time. I just put in my request for Podcast 2.0. I haven't really told my husband yet that I expect him to cruise with a bunch of people he doesn't know. I will just have to pull the Birthday card since the podcast cruise happens during my birthday!!!! Very excited and a tiny bit scared to meet all of you.

tlcoke
07-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeee Haaaw :banana: and kind of Yikes! :eek: at the same time. I just put in my request for Podcast 2.0. I haven't really told my husband yet that I expect him to cruise with a bunch of people he doesn't know. I will just have to pull the Birthday card since the podcast cruise happens during my birthday!!!! Very excited and a tiny bit scared to meet all of you.

:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
Welcome Aboard!

Spend a lot of time here with us on the boards, and we will be old friends :hug: by the time the Cruise comes around.

corky441
07-09-2009, 10:35 AM

Boy this sounds just like me... I haven't told my DH that we're going either ( I plan on telling him on his birthday this Oct ) and my birthday is during the cruise too ( Dec 15th )

This will be our first cruise - hopefully not our last :worship:

anonymousegirl
07-09-2009, 10:52 AM
I did PCC1.0 solo and it was a blast. There were so many great people I met I found I was not really in the cabin all that much. My first Disney cruise was solo as well and met some great people on that trip that I am still in contact with. Hope you can work it out to join

I have booked it!!! I did put in the name of my friend but she may not be able to come so I may need to find a roomie, but there's plenty of time for that.

I am very excited. I've joined the West Coast FE group, so I'll get to experience that too!

jeanigor
07-09-2009, 10:56 AM
I have booked it!!! I did put in the name of my friend but she may not be able to come so I may need to find a roomie, but there's plenty of time for that.

I am very excited. I've joined the West Coast FE group, so I'll get to experience that too!

party: party: party:

Congrats!! You will have a blast!

heaven2dc
07-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I just put in a request for a quote and traveling solo! I went on a cruise back in October 2001 and ended up going alone cuz the other 3 gals were afraid after 9/11. I had fun but it was pretty lonely - I missed my kids esp on Halloween night but it was for 7 days.

Now I can't remember how long this cruise is? Can anyone enlighten me? (I'm the type of person who will sign up for anything then ask questions! :lmao:) I'm so anxious to meet some new people - esp Disney lovers like me ;)

jeanigor
07-10-2009, 09:41 AM
I just put in a request for a quote and traveling solo! I went on a cruise back in October 2001 and ended up going alone cuz the other 3 gals were afraid after 9/11. I had fun but it was pretty lonely - I missed my kids esp on Halloween night but it was for 7 days.

Now I can't remember how long this cruise is? Can anyone enlighten me? (I'm the type of person who will sign up for anything then ask questions! :lmao:) I'm so anxious to meet some new people - esp Disney lovers like me ;)

4 nights. :goodvibes

heaven2dc
07-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Thanks Jean!!

mainegal
07-10-2009, 02:19 PM
I had fun but it was pretty lonely

I'm so anxious to meet some new people - esp Disney lovers like me ;)

I have an idea you will not be lonely. One quarter of the people on the ship are DISers. Friends you haven't met yet.

Try to follow allow along (not always easy :rolleyes: ) and join in on the message :surfweb: boards.

See you on the ship!

corky441
07-10-2009, 03:00 PM
I just put in a request for a quote and traveling solo! I'm so anxious to meet some new people - esp Disney lovers like me ;)

:welcome: Since we'll have about 1/4 of the staterooms occupied by DISers, you're sure to meet alot of new Disney friends :flower3:

vermontgirl
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
Hey, we're in! :cool1::banana::woohoo::yay: Now to bring the girls or not to bring the girls? What is a Disney loving mother to do?:confused3 Have a great night everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all before the cruise! yipppeeeeeee:grouphug:

disneydafty
07-13-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi ya, we're in, DH & I. :hug:

DH doesn't listen to the Podcasts or go on the forums so I think at the moment he is thinking what am I getting him into into :rotfl:

The kids aren't coming with us as it's not fair to take them out of school :rotfl2:

They don't know anything about this so we will have to think up a good excuse as to why they are not coming with us.

Any suggestions ????

corky441
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Tell them you're doing a scientific study of stingrays during the winter migrations in Nassau... or You could get quarantined due to Malaria...

LSUmom4kids
07-15-2009, 02:21 PM
We have 6 people in our family - 2 parents/4 children; one child is in college and has a current girlfriend. This cruise is over 17 months away. If I book 2 rooms in Category 11; say 4 in one room and 2 in another - or 3 and 3 - can I change that number and pay the difference if we add another person at a later date?

When would be my absolute deadline to add another person? I'm assuming I could have as many as 4 in each room, right?

What happens if I want to get 2 rooms, but later change my headcount to 5 people total? What is my absolute deadline to subtract a person?

I'm hesitant to commit so far in advance - anything could happen. I certainly don't want to say 6 people definite and then be stuck if not all 6 people get to go. Thanks - just need to know what to tell my husband as my rebuttal when I suggest we book this to be our 2010 family vacation trip! Especially with today's economy - I also need to know what the deadline would be to cancel my reservation and get all of our money back.

P.S. Hubby and I went on a Big Red Boat cruise in 4/1991 on our Honeymoon. Can't recall any complaints about the ship or the trip in general!

DVCsince02
07-15-2009, 02:49 PM
Just a suggestion but, reserve 2 rooms (connecting), you can always cancel and get your monies back.

The wonderful AskTracy will be along shortly to answer your questions.

Welcome!

winotracy
07-15-2009, 03:06 PM
We have 6 people in our family - 2 parents/4 children; one child is in college and has a current girlfriend. This cruise is over 17 months away. If I book 2 rooms in Category 11; say 4 in one room and 2 in another - or 3 and 3 - can I change that number and pay the difference if we add another person at a later date?

When would be my absolute deadline to add another person? I'm assuming I could have as many as 4 in each room, right?

What happens if I want to get 2 rooms, but later change my headcount to 5 people total? What is my absolute deadline to subtract a person?

I'm hesitant to commit so far in advance - anything could happen. I certainly don't want to say 6 people definite and then be stuck if not all 6 people get to go. Thanks - just need to know what to tell my husband as my rebuttal when I suggest we book this to be our 2010 family vacation trip! Especially with today's economy - I also need to know what the deadline would be to cancel my reservation and get all of our money back.

P.S. Hubby and I went on a Big Red Boat cruise in 4/1991 on our Honeymoon. Can't recall any complaints about the ship or the trip in general!

Just so you know, category 11 rooms will not connect. Also, if you have minors in either room, you must have an adult 21 or older in that room as well.

Changing your numbers is easier to do going down than going up. If you reserve now for 6 and then want to add one later, you may not be able to do so if capacities on the ship are full. What date this happens is anyone's guess. Provided there is space, you can add someone up until about 3 days prior to the cruise. Again, if the rooms fill up for capacity, lifeboat stations fill up for capacity or if you are adding a minor and the children's programming fills up, you will not be able to add them.

You can remove someone up until the final payment date (September 27, 2010) without any penalty. After that it will depend on the exact date of cancellation, but the minimum penalty would be the deposit and insurance if you purchased it.

If you can swing the deposit, I would recommend holding the reservations for the maximum you would want ($100 per person in categories 4-11). If you want to be able to put 4 in one room, you should let me know that on the request form.

nmoore14
07-16-2009, 09:45 AM
OK I am going to book this time. I am excited about this cruise because it will be my first cruise :woohoo: Will anyone be staying at WDW before the cruise or after? I am thinking about staying before the cruise because the price will be cheaper for the rooms at WDW. Also, I can check out the decorations at the parks and other resorts before the cruise:santa:

jeanigor
07-16-2009, 09:50 AM
OK I am going to book this time. I am excited about this cruise because it will be my first cruise :woohoo: Will anyone be staying at WDW before the cruise or after? I am thinking about staying before the cruise because the price will be cheaper for the rooms at WDW. Also, I can check out the decorations at the parks and other resorts before the cruise:santa:

First, :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Second, I most likely will be staying pre and post cruise. It made for such a delight the first time around. Not sure where yet, but there's a bit of time for that.:goodvibes

DVCsince02
07-16-2009, 09:56 AM
We will be staying the week prior to the cruise and a few days after. BIG VACATION!

jeanigor
07-16-2009, 10:03 AM
We will be staying the week prior to the cruise and a few days after. BIG VACATION!

Glad to hear you made that decision.:goodvibes

Madi100
07-16-2009, 11:03 AM

I'm jealous. We will be staying the night before the cruise and leaving the day it returns. But, at least I get to go :)

DVCsince02
07-16-2009, 11:06 AM
That was the plan for our June cruise with the family, but life got in the way. :)

georgemoe
07-16-2009, 11:26 AM

Second, I most likely will be staying pre and post cruise. It made for such a delight the first time around. Not sure where yet, but there's a bit of time for that.:goodvibes

First welcome nmoore. PCC 1.0 was our first cruise and we loved it. I'm sure you will to.

My company recently starting a mandatory shutdown during the Christmas Holiday. The last two weeks of December. It's either :yay: or :eek:

With the exception of coming in a day early for PCC 2.0, my resort stay will be all post coming home on Wednesday 12/22. That is the current plan anyway.

Anjiebaby
07-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Boy this sounds just like me... I haven't told my DH that we're going either ( I plan on telling him on his birthday this Oct ) and my birthday is during the cruise too ( Dec 15th )

This will be our first cruise - hopefully not our last :worship:

My Birthday is December 14th, We can have a drink together. I will have copious drinks to celebrate your birthday if you will for mine. Where did the drinking smiley go?

I am so excited :banana::banana::banana::banana: I put down the deposit!!!!!

I even told my husband last night that for my birthday in 2010 we were going on a Cruise!!! :boat:With 500 hundred friends we haven't met yet!!! :grouphug: He gave that kind of sick smile and said Okay. I have a year to indoctrinate him, I'll start slowly. He was happy to hear about things like DATW and Drinking around the Ship. I made sure not to mention Karaoke :rockband: or Thriller, :dancer: I've got to ease him in.

Anjiebaby
07-20-2009, 02:12 PM
Ok seriously now, It's been three days. Making me a thread killer is not the way to make me feel welcome :guilty: :worried::o

jeanigor
07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
Ok seriously now, It's been three days. Making me a thread killer is not the way to make me feel welcome :guilty: :worried::o

Well this is the pricing thread....if you wanted to come on over to the social thread...here is the link...its another sticky on this sub-forum....Podcast Cruise 2.0 Thread 1 of ???? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2178115)

heaven2dc
07-22-2009, 09:41 AM

Hello Neighbor! I live up in Stafford and am hoping to sign up for this cruise as soon as I can get together the deposit :rotfl: I would love to go on this cruise and meet so many wonderful Diser's and esp some from our state. Keeping my fingers crossed this all works out (I previously posted that I was signing up but then medical bills got in the way so will have to postpone signing up until next month).

princessbride6205
07-23-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm trying to talk DH into signing up for this. I wanted to show him what a great deal this was (in addition to being an amazing trip!), but I'm having trouble figuring out what the discount really is compared to a full price Disney cruise. :confused3 I tried pricing out the Dec 12, 2010 4-day cruise on Disney's site and got the same price as the pricing chart on here. Are the discounted cruises gone or did I do something wrong? Oh wise DIS cruisers, help me convince DH this is a bargain. :teacher:

georgemoe
07-23-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm trying to talk DH into signing up for this. I wanted to show him what a great deal this was (in addition to being an amazing trip!), but I'm having trouble figuring out what the discount really is compared to a full price Disney cruise. :confused3 I tried pricing out the Dec 12, 2010 4-day cruise on Disney's site and got the same price as the pricing chart on here. Are the discounted cruises gone or did I do something wrong? Oh wise DIS cruisers, help me convince DH this is a bargain. :teacher:

Via the DU link I get $1,847.84 for 2 people in a Cat6 for the podcast cruise.

Via the DCL site, I get $2,123.84 .

NancyIL
07-23-2009, 10:46 PM
Via the DU link I get $1,847.84 for 2 people in a Cat6 for the podcast cruise.

Via the DCL site, I get $2,123.84 .

Did you remove insurance and transfers from the DCL quote? I booked a cat. 11, and DU's prices were the same as DCL's. The difference is that DCL's prices will go up, and I think DU's are guaranteed for awhile.

**Just checked DCL, and the $2123.84 price includes transfers ($138) and insurance ($138).

princessbride6205
07-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Appreciate your response.

Oh, I guess it might help if I said what I was comparing:
3 pple (2 adults, 1 child) in a Cat 9 or 10.

As I read the DU price chart, the staterooms and the taxes/fees are the only things included in the PCC 2.0 price. On Disney's site, if I decline the trip insurance and ground transportation (to see just stateroom & fees), they are the same price. The discount was kind of the clincher for convincing DH (he's not sure he would like a cruise). I'll have to see what I can do in still convincing him.
Did I just miss booking while DU still had group-discounted staterooms avail?

winotracy
07-24-2009, 04:28 AM

Appreciate your response.

Oh, I guess it might help if I said what I was comparing:
3 pple (2 adults, 1 child) in a Cat 9 or 10.

As I read the DU price chart, the staterooms and the taxes/fees are the only things included in the PCC 2.0 price. On Disney's site, if I decline the trip insurance and ground transportation (to see just stateroom & fees), they are the same price. The discount was kind of the clincher for convincing DH (he's not sure he would like a cruise). I'll have to see what I can do in still convincing him.
Did I just miss booking while DU still had group-discounted staterooms avail?

The pricing is not discounted through us it is guaranteed that the price won't increase while we have the group space. Why everyone is saying this is a great deal is because the price is low for a Disney Cruise (we picked one of the lowest priced dates in the year). In addition to the cruise, you will get all the special perks from the Podcast Team. We are not charging anything more for all of this.

We still have group space and will until at least August 1 (yes, that's only 8 days away). Your deposit is completely refundable on categories 4-11 up until September 27, 2010 so why not hold the space now while we've got it. Feel free to email me with any questions.

Thank you!

princessbride6205
07-24-2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks so much for the clarification, Tracy. You answered every part of my question. I think I've bribed DH with the scuba excursion in Nassau, so will plan to put down a deposit in the next few days. Thanks again for your help!

georgemoe
07-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Thanks so much for the clarification, Tracy. You answered every part of my question. I think I've bribed DH with the scuba excursion in Nassau, so will plan to put down a deposit in the next few days. Thanks again for your help!

You got off easy. :yay:

Welcome!

princessbride6205
07-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

krissy2803
07-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Well it finally looks like I have talked DH into the cruise! Put in my request today. :banana:
I am so excited. I've never been on a cruise before. :goodvibes

corky441
07-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Well it finally looks like I have talked DH into the cruise! Put in my request today. :banana:
I am so excited. I've never been on a cruise before. :goodvibes

Welcome Krissy - glad to have you aboard :boat:

There are a lot of us who've never been on a cruise before that are coming on this one - It sounds like soooooooooo much fun - I can't wait

:welcome:

Eeyores#1Fan
08-24-2009, 10:27 AM
DH and I just got of the Wonder....what a much needed vaca!!! While on board we booked for the 12/12/10 4-night cruise to take advantage of the discounts. Is it still OK to transfer to DU so that we can be 'Podcast Cruisers'?

Thanks!

winotracy
08-24-2009, 11:11 AM
DH and I just got of the Wonder....what a much needed vaca!!! While on board we booked for the 12/12/10 4-night cruise to take advantage of the discounts. Is it still OK to transfer to DU so that we can be 'Podcast Cruisers'?

Thanks!

The reservation needed to be booked with Dreams while onboard. Please contact me with your information (category booked, etc.) so I can advise properly. My address is Tracy@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com.