PDA

View Full Version : Room locations at AKL

The_Disney_God
06-14-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm staying at AKL in August, and I have a few questions?\.

1) Are the rooms bigger than Port Orleans or Cornado Springs or Contemporary?

2) Are all the rooms in generally the same spot, or are they spread out?

3) Can you see animals from most of the rooms?

4) Balcony?

Anything would help

angelaj
06-14-2002, 06:09 PM
DisneyGod, the rooms at AKL are definitely smaller than the Contemporary, but a little bigger than the moderates. All rooms have balconies or patios, and the rooms are very spread out. All savannah view rooms offer views of animals. You won't be able to see the animals from a standard view or swimming pool view room (well, maybe you'll see them far off in the distance from some pool rooms), but there are plenty of viewing spots throughout the resort to see the animals.

AKL is one of my favorite resorts. Can't wait to go back in September!

beccab
06-14-2002, 06:34 PM
We thought the rooms were somewhat small & dark in the entranceway. All rooms have a balcony which are small unless you have a suite. We had a pool view room & could see animals but way in the distance.

Having said all this & sounding somewhat negitive. We loved it there & had a great time. Our only regret was that we did not spend our whole vacation there.

There are so many places & it is so much fun to walk around the resort to the different viewing areas it didnt matter one bit to us that we couldnt see the animals from our room. It may have made more of a difference if my children were smaller & we would have been in the room earlier in the evening.

We really enjoyed the balcony. It was so relaxing.