PDA

View Full Version : Kona Cafe Bkfst on DxDDP

goofygal531
05-15-2009, 09:52 AM
We've never done a TS breakfast on the DDP that was not a buffet. Could someone fill me in on the appetizers at Kona Cafe for breakfast? Do they offer fruit or breakfast pastries?

I'm thinking mostly for my kids. They love fruit and my little one loves muffins and breakfast pastries. Plus it will occupy them until the entrees arrive ;)

Also, I've read that the Kona Pressed Pot of Coffee is considered a beverage on the DDP, I'm happy yet surprised they'd allow this at $7.49! Anyone know if this is still covered? I'll be ordering it regardless. If it's still on the DDP, that would be fantastic! :thumbsup2

I am really looking forward to the Macadamia Nut Pancakes!! :yay:

Thanks! :flower3:
Mare

TDC Nala
05-15-2009, 11:35 AM
No appetizers or dessert at breakfast, no matter which plan you're on. You get one extra beverage, but no appetizer.

goofygal531
05-15-2009, 12:38 PM
That's what I always thought as well. However, the Grand Floridian Cafe and the Whispering Canyon Cafe both offer appetizers on their breakfast menus. Both list items like fruit, breakfast pastries and such....

Guests on the DxDDP have been able to order appetizers in these restaurants for breakfast.

Wonder if it's just based on your server? :confused:

RMAMom
05-15-2009, 04:19 PM
We had breakfast at Kona on the deluxe plan in March. There was no mention of appetizers or extras on the deluxe plan.

TDC Nala
05-15-2009, 04:30 PM
The official Disney brochure for the Deluxe dining plan describes a table service breakfast as juice, entree and non-alcoholic beverage. It doesn't mention appetizer, so breakfast guests probably shouldn't expect to get one. If the restaurant offers you one, looks like you got a bonus.