PDA

View Full Version : Single serving drink definition

adamtraci
05-14-2009, 09:36 PM
This is probably an obvious question but just want to ask to be sure. We are planning our first WDW vacation for 2010 and are trying to research the DDP.

1 single-serving, non-alcoholic beverage.

I am assuming this means 1 drink, no free refills. Am I correct?

Thanks,
Adam.

Faldred
05-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Drinks that normally get free refills do so on DDP.

adamtraci
05-14-2009, 09:43 PM
Drinks that normally get free refills do so on DDP.

OK Thanks. The "single serving" part threw me.

Faldred
05-15-2009, 07:24 AM
OK Thanks. The "single serving" part threw me.

That would be to cover those places that offer things like smoothies and milkshakes -- those are generally not free refill, dining plan or no. The notable exception to that guideline is Whispering Canyon Cafe, which does allow "bottomless" milkshakes.

TDC Nala
05-15-2009, 08:46 AM
It's also to cover items that are meant to be shared by more than one person - don't know what kind of drinks they have that are meant to be shared - the only ones I can recall were in Vegas and were alcoholic.

DsnyQueen
05-15-2009, 01:33 PM
I believe this comment is also there for resorts since many of them offer a single serve & a larger milk option for purchase, and this would not be covered.

MelanieC
05-15-2009, 01:42 PM
Yep to all that is above. I like my iced tea and you can get that refilled as many times as you like :)

Faldred
05-15-2009, 02:01 PM
It's also to cover items that are meant to be shared by more than one person - don't know what kind of drinks they have that are meant to be shared - the only ones I can recall were in Vegas and were alcoholic.

Maybe bottled still or sparkling water, when included, to enforce an individual size instead of, say, a 750ml or larger bottle?

TDC Nala
05-15-2009, 04:41 PM
Maybe bottled still or sparkling water, when included, to enforce an individual size instead of, say, a 750ml or larger bottle?

yep, that would make sense - I don't know the ins and outs of bottled water - I can get water free, so I don't know anything about ordering it.