PDA

View Full Version : CBR to Chef Mickey's

Ratpack
06-14-2002, 02:47 PM
What is the quickest way to Chef Mickey's from CBR? How long does it take? We will be arriving approx. 10am at CBR and would like to check in and get to Chef Mickey's for 11:15 PS. Am I out of my mind? Can we make it?

sunking
06-14-2002, 03:25 PM
imho, if you are taking and expecting to drive your own vehicle between cbr and cr that you should be ok...if you are expecting to take disney transportation, you may be pushing it alittle bit...

if you are taking disney transportation, take a bus to the ttc and then the monorail from there to cr....

have a great time!!!!
sunking

Kermit
06-14-2002, 03:26 PM
You should catch the bus to the MK and then walk to the CR. You'll be able to see it from the MK bus stop.

11:15 will be cutting it close, especially if you arrive a few minutes late. It can take about 20-30 minutes to check in, and occassionally even longer if tons of other people arrive right when you do. You should allow about 45 minutes minimum to get to the restaurant, since you don't know when the next MK bus will show up. If you're driving, definitely leave your suitcases in the car rather than unloading them to your room before you go. Personally, I'd get the PS for about 12:30 so that you don't have to rush.

Ratpack
06-14-2002, 05:42 PM
I was also thinking of driving to Epcot and catching Monorail. We don't have to check in, but I would like to. I can try to check in and if it gets to with 45 minutes, I will just go on and come back. Definitely not going to unload car until afterwards even if room is ready. I just want to try to check in to get as many room requests as possible but no biggie. What do you think about driving to Epcot and catching Monorail? Will they charge me to park at Epcot?

Kermit
06-14-2002, 06:41 PM
If you haven't checked in yet, then it will cost you to park at Epcot. (But you may be able to get reimbursed when you check in. I think I've heard that it's possible.)

There's no TTC bus at CBR, so take the MK bus if you do Disney transportation. It would be faster that way anyway since it's such a short walk.

jaguar9748
06-14-2002, 09:42 PM
If you take the monorail from Epcot, you will have to transfer to the resort monorail at the TTC. Then you will have to ride all around the loop through the Polynesian, then the GF, then MK and then the Contemporary.

You can drive directly to the Contemporary and tell security that you are checking in for a meal.

However, my vote would be to take the bus from CBR to MK and then walk from MK to the CR (a 5-10 minute walk depending on your walking speed). :smooth:

luv2nascar
06-14-2002, 10:23 PM
We took the monorail from MK to chef mickey's
it only took a few minutes & we love to ride the monorail

Vinnie The Pooh
06-16-2002, 10:37 AM
Drive to Chef Mickey's Leaving your bags in the car. Have fun at Chef Mickey's and then go check in at CBR and enjoy the rest of the day. This way you can take your time and make it to your PS and then have plenty of time to check in. Vacations should not be filled with such close deadlines just wing it. Last year we had so many PS's but found that we probably would have been fine without them. Next trip we are not making any and we look forward to a much more relaxing trip.

Tiffany
06-16-2002, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Ratpack
What is the quickest way to Chef Mickey's from CBR? How long does it take? We will be arriving approx. 10am at CBR and would like to check in and get to Chef Mickey's for 11:15 PS. Am I out of my mind? Can we make it?

Since it appears that you are going to have a car I would reconmend driving to the Cont. This is the quickest way to get from CBR to Cont anyday.

Yachtman
06-17-2002, 04:00 PM
Yes you are crazy. Why dont you just have a nice early brekfast at Chef Mickey the next morning? That way you wont be all stessed out trying to keep your PS? You are not starting your vacation off on a very relaxing note. Why knock yourself out? Good Luck

Ratpack
06-17-2002, 04:52 PM
Actually we will be getting there in plenty of time to make the PS. I was just hoping to check in before, but if not, we have the whole day to check in.