PDA

View Full Version : For Maine Residents

bigsis1970
06-14-2002, 12:43 PM
My sister who lives in Portland said she got a postcard advertising the Disney resorts for $69 to $129 book by 7/17/02 and stay up to 10/02/02 ? she said it has a boy and girl on front wearing Mickey Ears and the add is on the back - Have any other Maine Residents gotten this and i am also wondering why and how she got one - she came with me last Dec 2001 but lived someplace else and this one came to her new address ( she has only been there 2 months) ? Thanks for any input Michelle

Redmic
06-14-2002, 01:06 PM
I received a different postcard from the Disney Vacation Club offering the AKL for $129 per night plus one night free. I booked 5 nights, so it averages out to $103/night (not including tax). I don't know why I got the postcard. I have previously stayed at the AKL, so I was surprised to get an offer for that resort. I do have to attend the DVC presentation, but it is worth it for the price (we are going in October).

EmptyNester
06-14-2002, 01:26 PM
I have gotten 2 or three different postcards since our stay this past February (2002). I don't recall the specifics of each card, but I think the rates were similar to those quoted by bigsis1970. I've also received similar offers via email.

Don't know if it means anything or not, but our trip was booked through Disney's website (Winter getaway package).

-Sharon

bigsis1970
06-14-2002, 01:43 PM
The most confusing thing to me is my sister's name was never on anything purchased ( maybe her hopper pass ) but nothing else it was all in my name and she had moved and this came to her new address - she isn't a DC member and Doesn't have a computer so she has never even been to the Disney Web site.. OH well she has always been the luckier one of us.. Michelle