PDA

View Full Version : ? Split stay-DDP starting on second reservation

MelanieC
05-13-2009, 04:47 PM
If we are staying at POP from 8/7-8/16 without dining and 8/16-8/25 with the DDP, can I get my new cards with the dining info when I go to the front desk the morning of 8/16 before going to the parks that day?

I'm assuming I can, but the thought just occured to me. I've never done the DDP before, so it's all new to me.

TDC Nala
05-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Yes, you get the cards and the credits as soon as you check in. Won't matter if your room is ready or not, they will give you the cards anyway. You'll probably be asked to call later and find out if your room is ready, because they'll give you the room number then.

MelanieC
05-13-2009, 08:48 PM
I'm assuming like last time in 2007 when we did a split stay at the stame resort, that I'll get the same room. We are staying at POP for our entire stay. At least I'm hoping - DH isn't going to be happy to have to move after 9 days, lol!

DisneyWisher
05-14-2009, 10:33 AM
When arriving let them know about the second half of your trip. I'd even call and ask to have it noted to your ressie. It won't guarantee that you will have the same room but at least they are aware. I've done this and was always told no worries that I would be able to keep the same room.

5boyz
05-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Yes it is not guareented but have them put continuous stay (something like that). We did the split 2 years ago at POP first 7 nights w ddp and the last 7 room only. So how did it work with your park passes doing the dining plan the second leg of your trip?

MelanieC
05-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Our split stay is noted on both of our ressies - course who knows now with the new reservation system. They can't seem to get our correct address to stick in the system. Its always wrong when we call - apparently the new reservation system is causing it.

Normally we buy AP's, but we decided after pricing out 4 AP's (with discount at SOG) vs doing it below that we saved a lot of money by not buying the AP's this year - especially since we are not sure with DH's job if we are going next year.

1st Split Stay we are using

Military tickets (1 free 5 day military and 3 $99 5 day military companion tix)
Sea World (4 free military tix)
Universal (1 free 2 park/7 day military ticket, 1 free 2 park 7 day super bowl tix, 2 $89 2 park 7 day military companion tix)

2nd split stay

4 - 8 day MYW tickets (we had to buy a 1 day anyway and to add on another 7 days was not that much more).

DISNEYNY
05-14-2009, 01:05 PM
We have done a split stay w/ FDP 3 times before. Just go down early on the 16th to recheck in & get your new cards. We have never had to change rooms. ;)