PDA

View Full Version : How can I mail things home??

Dizzyworld
06-14-2002, 09:44 AM
If I wanted to mail some of our things home, so we don't have to drag everything from the parks to the cruise ship, is there any place I could take a package at WDW and mail it?

Any suggestions??

AZKathy
06-14-2002, 09:59 AM
I believe the stores will take care of that for you. Also, the front desk at our resort took care of mailing a package out for us a few weeks ago. We got a box from the store at the resort and the front desk helped tape it up and get it sent out UPS.

mrsltg
06-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Speaking from experience with this one, I've got to tell you... find a post office off site and mail it from there. Two days before the end of my 12/01 vacation, I went it the store at my resort and inquired about shipping. I was told that they could ship anything that I wanted them to UPS. There were no restrictions (so I was told).

Well, the next day I happily bagged up all my stuff that I didn't want to lug on the plane and brought it to the counter. I had many Disney souvenirs, a couple of Sea World things (namely, two stuffed Shamu's) and a vase that flowers from the WDW florist had come in. The salesgirl then told me that only Disney merchandise, TAGS ON, RECEIPT IN HAND, could be shipped! Otherwise, she told me, how could they verify the cost for insurance purposes? I explained that I had asked this EXACT question the day before and was told that it was no problem. She informed me that the person the day before had been wrong. Even so, being that I am paying for the shipping and the insurance, what did they care what I put in the box? We went back and forth and to no avail. I finally wound up shipping just a few items via UPS. The rest were carried on the plane (the vase was broken on the plane... FABULOUS!).

So, now that I've relived that fun... may I suggest you call Mail Boxes Etc, or the USPS? Save yourself the frustration!!! :rolleyes:

Erin:mad:

AZKathy
06-14-2002, 12:01 PM
We just did less than two weeks ago. Guess it depends on your resort and CM. We bought a picture that was a shadow box picture from a store at Belz Outlet that was not a Disney product. It was around 18 inches by 2 feet and 2 inches in depth. We did not realize how hard it would be to carry on the airplane with new restrictions until that evening after we bought it (we spent a long time on the phone with United on how to bring it on, too with a $75.00 charge to do this if we went that route). We called the front desk at OKW, they said if we boxed it up, they would ship it out. Conch Flats store helped us get some shipping boxes they get food in and we packed it up and the front desk taped it up and got it out for us for less than $10.00 shipping and handling. It arrived to our home 5 days after we shipped it out from OKW.

cindala
06-14-2002, 07:41 PM
There was a thread about this not too long ago. The thread mentioned being able to ship things home from the store that you bought the items in. In fact, by shipping it out of state, you don't have to pay Florida sales tax, which pretty much pays for the shipping.

We plan on buying several things at the DTD World of Disney Store, where we get 10% off with either the AP or DC and having them sent home. This way, if anything breaks or gets lost, it's insured!:):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dizzyworld
06-14-2002, 10:32 PM
Thanks a bunch. We leave in the AM for the Poly and eventually DCL. Looking forward to lots of fun.