PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on AP Dining Plan

NJ2Boardwalk
05-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Just wanted a clarification.
I have an AP but if I want to purchase the dining plan I have to make reservations with my AP??
OR - can I have made room only reservations with a travel agent, but still add the dining plan to my purchased AP?
Thanks.

Cinderumbrella
05-13-2009, 01:26 PM
AP holders can make a room only ressie and add the DDP. There is a special code to use. You can book at rack rate or an AP rate, when available.

mbanks21
05-13-2009, 01:50 PM
PP is correct for the most part but to add- your room only will be cancelled and refunded as the room plus dining makes it a package that has the same 45 day payment in full/cancellation policies as a MYW package. You can not "add" ddp to an AP room only

TDC Nala
05-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Mbanks is right - you can't add dining plan to a room only reservation whether you have AP or not. What you need to book is an annual passholder room/dining PACKAGE. This is a package reservation and will be subject to the same deposit, cancellation and payment policies as other package reservations.

Your travel agent will need to rebook the reservation from room only to room/dining package for you to get the dining plan. If you had an AP room discount, they should be able to apply the discount to the package. You must present the annual pass at check-in.

Cinderumbrella
05-13-2009, 03:54 PM
sorry guys, I should have clarified my "room only" advice to mean no park ticket necessay! :flower3: They are absolutely right about it becoming a package with those policies!

RahRah573
05-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Seems I may have been struck by pixie dust....we're going to Disney in September, and now may actually be going for Christmas too! WooHoo! Not only that, but it'd be me, DH, DS(will be)5, my mom, my dad, my sister, BIL, nephew (8) and neice (8)....so we'll be able to do a grand gathering too!

So....here's my questions - if we upgrade our 10-day PH to an annual pass when we're there in September (it costs less than two tickets with one for 10-days and one for 8-days)....it would be me, DS, my mom & dad with annual passes......how do we:

A) get the dining plan - are we still required to get a base ticket to get the dining plan?

B) and is the AP discount on the room good or is it pretty close to what we'd get booking online anyway?

C) do we pay the same for the dining plans - or are they discounted too?

TDC Nala
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
So....here's my questions - if we upgrade our 10-day PH to an annual pass when we're there in September (it costs less than two tickets with one for 10-days and one for 8-days)....it would be me, DS, my mom & dad with annual passes......how do we:

A) get the dining plan - are we still required to get a base ticket to get the dining plan?

If you have an annual pass, you can book a room/dining package with no purchase requirement. This is a package reservation, not a room only. You're still required to put down the $200 deposit and pay in full 45 days from arrival. You will need to present one adult annual pass for each reservation (not each person) at check-in.

B) and is the AP discount on the room good or is it pretty close to what we'd get booking online anyway?

Not sure what you're asking here as Disney generally doesn't give discounts for booking online. If there is an AP discount available you can have that added to your AP dining package.

C) do we pay the same for the dining plans - or are they discounted too?

No discount on the dining plan for AP holders. Cost of the plan is the same. The only difference is you don't have to buy tickets.

RahRah573
05-14-2009, 03:26 PM
If you have an annual pass, you can book a room/dining package with no purchase requirement. This is a package reservation, not a room only. You're still required to put down the $200 deposit and pay in full 45 days from arrival. You will need to present one adult annual pass for each reservation (not each person) at check-in.

Not sure what you're asking here as Disney generally doesn't give discounts for booking online. If there is an AP discount available you can have that added to your AP dining package.

No discount on the dining plan for AP holders. Cost of the plan is the same. The only difference is you don't have to buy tickets.

Gotcha!

Thanks!

:cheer2: