PDA

View Full Version : Some pixie dust needed desperatly x

buzz for boys
05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
hi guys ,
As some of you know my ds had his operation on Monday. He is now at home but is a lot of pain - not helped by his refusal to take the prescribed pain killers.
Need loads of pixie dust for good news when we return on Wednesday to see if the graft is succesful.
Can I also just say thanks to everyone who pmed me asking how it went and apologies for the late answers our laptop refused to work so have been offline until today .
Louise x

natalielongstaff
05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Aww poor chap :hug:can they re-prescribe the meds in a different format ?

irongirlof12
05-13-2009, 10:58 AM
:hug:hope he has a speedy recovery

Haworthfamily
05-13-2009, 11:00 AM
pixiedust: Thinking of you.

Sarah X

higgy66
05-13-2009, 11:21 AM
Hope he starts feeling better soon. Sending you all lots of :grouphug:

Jets fan
05-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Good luck and hope that everything goes well :grouphug:

Tina

mandymouse
05-13-2009, 11:24 AM
:hug:I hope he's feeling better soon

Goofyish
05-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Hope he gets better soon :)

jen_uk
05-13-2009, 12:01 PM
Hope he gets better soon :wizard::wizard::wizard:

irisheyes123
05-13-2009, 12:10 PM
Hope he gets better soon :wizard::wizard:pixiedust:pixiedust:

scottish mum
05-13-2009, 12:30 PM
Hope he recovers well :wizard::wizard:

aaronandterri
05-13-2009, 12:53 PM
ask the doc for suppository painkillers instead he can precribe them

jockey
05-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I hope he is better soon :hug:

Bolanette87
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
:wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: I really hope he feels better soon!

Bob xoxoxox

Gaynor
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM
pixiedust: hope he's feeling better soon :grouphug:

Minniespal
05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Hope everything went well today:wizard:

Pinky166
05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Hoping for a speedy recovery. :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

buzz for boys
05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Thanks guys :grouphug:
I have asked for suppositrys (sp?) but he is suppose to be having morphine and they said that it does not come in that form also he would need 2 for paracetamol. He is 8 and there seems to be a discussion over how ethical it is to use suppostries even though im happy to do it !!
The medical team dont seem to understand that his asprgers means the fear of taking the medicine and what it might taste like cant be outweighed by the fact it will take the pain away. If 1 more person says to me if he is in pain he will take it I think I might just scream :mad:

He has had many operations and been through the trials of chemotheraphy but nothing compares to the helpless feeling of seeing him in so much pain he chooses to wet himself rather than try and move to get to the toilet it really is killing me to witness it !! I just want to wrap him up and give him big hug but he would hate that anyway.
Im hoping tomorrow will see a massive improvement - thanks for letting me rant x

mark&sue
05-13-2009, 03:12 PM
so hoping the pain will subside shortly and you all get the news you are waiting for.

so sorry you have to go through all this neverending pain and fingers crossed it will be so much better in a few days.

susan

Goofysmate
05-14-2009, 01:38 AM
Hope things are a little better today for you both with some improvement :hug:

jjk
05-14-2009, 02:31 AM
:hug: hope things improve for you both x

Netty
05-14-2009, 03:18 AM
:hug:I hope things are a little better today for your son, hope all went well yesterday-we are all here for you, so rant when ever :hug:

Trilli-magic
05-14-2009, 03:44 AM
Hope he feels better soon xx

wicket2005
05-14-2009, 05:04 AM
Hope he is feeling a lot better today and that your family will soon be running normally again.:wizard::wizard:

buzz for boys
05-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Hi Guys,
Just wanted to update that Cameron is now out of pain and well on the way to recovery. He is begging to go to toys r us today so think he has turned the corner !!
thanks for all th ebst wishes - keep your fingers crossed for good news when we take him back on weeds to see if op has worked :scared1:

Pegasus928
05-16-2009, 06:03 AM
So sorry I missed this post but am really pleased to hear that Cameron is on the road to recovery and pain free.
Being the parent of an Aspergers boy (14) I fully understand how frustrating it is trying to get people to understand that what to them may seem a small and logical thing, but to my son is a big deal. Most of the time it is the fear of the unknown for them, and from your sons point of view being asked to take a new medicine would no doubt have been a bit traumatic for him.
Sounds like you have had a rough week and I am full of admiration for the patience and love you have for your Cameron.
Hope all goes well next week and please give him our best wishes.pixiedust:

tennisfan
05-16-2009, 06:37 AM
I hope Cameron continues to recover well now:hug:

buzz for boys
05-16-2009, 10:20 AM
So sorry I missed this post but am really pleased to hear that Cameron is on the road to recovery and pain free.
Being the parent of an Aspergers boy (14) I fully understand how frustrating it is trying to get people to understand that what to them may seem a small and logical thing, but to my son is a big deal. Most of the time it is the fear of the unknown for them, and from your sons point of view being asked to take a new medicine would no doubt have been a bit traumatic for him.
Sounds like you have had a rough week and I am full of admiration for the patience and love you have for your Cameron.
Hope all goes well next week and please give him our best wishes.pixiedust:

I know youre right and fear in his case will override any explanation !! My main frustration with all of this is that we have a fab psychologist for his aspergers and a fab consultant and health team for his cancer but somewhere the little boy that has both is lost in the middle. :scared: The hospital do not understand his aspergers and so think im an over protective mom and I seem to argue constantly for his extra needs psychologocially but to no avail :confused: I argued for 20 minutes solid that under no circumstances would he agree to take any medicine and everyone said he ould if he was in pain - I am now in doubt that they have no clue what an aspergers child will and wont do.
Thanks for the back up of my theory I always feel better when another parent gets what im saying - makes me realise im not cracking up after all !!

wils
05-16-2009, 10:47 AM
I'm sorry that you've had little official support with this but I'm glad Cameron is doing better :)

wicket2005
05-16-2009, 11:13 AM
I have everything crossed for you and you are right to put your views across to the medical profession - YOU are the EXPERT when it comes to knowing your child.:goodvibes

Snowy-girls
05-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Louise i am so glad to hear that Cameron is much better.Hope he continues to improve.x.